Character Sheets: What is your preference?

I like to make strange CSs. As a GM, I want to test how well a roleplayer writes, and how much they've thought about what direction they want to take their character.

Even on simple and short sheets, I'll sometimes require a writing prompt. I always choose a prompt that forces a roleplayer to write their character in times of stress or defeat. It really helps to filter out people who can't stand to write their character losing. But, a GM's gotta do what a GM's gotta do...

What types of prompts do you write? Can you give me a few examples, please?

I don't mind character sheets when I have inspiration, I just don't like to feel as though I'm forced to make them. Inspiration makes me go into detail such as likes, family, what they are up to presently. When I am not inspired I will be lucky to even put together anything. The background is what helps me the most. Usually I will spare a few details in the history but the rest, the important stuff, I keep hidden to be played out in the roleplay.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
For me, I enjoy making them moderately extensive. They have to have the personality and species, also appearance. :)
I also like to keep most if not all history hidden from others until the IC. ^.^