OLD APPS / CHARACTER SHEETS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there. Thank you for your interest. I'm one of the moderators for RR. Rissa (the GM) is away at work, but she didn't want to leave you hanging !

Unfortunately, while beautifully crafted and written, we aren't going to be able to accept Charlotte as a character for RR. Essentially, realm to realm travel does not fit within the lore - magically speaking (as listed in the Codex found on RR's main page), transmutation is limited to the alteration of inanimate objects... So teleportation would not be possible.

Thank you again for your interest. Best of luck!

Thanks anyway. I was invited by BluEs to this R.P.G., and I am new to the site and wanted to jump right in.

The transmutation was actually of water vapour in the air into ice shards, and the teleportation thing was just a way to get my character from one realm to another. BluEs might have been confused about my character or maybe he thought I would invent a character LIKE Charlotte ... but I appreciate your candor and kindness. You rejected me with a friendly vigour that did not leave me disappointed in the affability spectrum.

X'D

Take care!

(Edited part below)

I just re-read that. I appreciate the fact that you have so much confidence in my writing that you think it is well-crafted and beautifully written. Also, I went back and saw that teleportation would NOT work with a transmuter. Oops!

But I will not get disheartened. I will find an R.P.G. that allows for a parallel-dimension Earth.

GENERAL

Name: Anne+Marie
Pronunciation: (An-en-mah-ree)
Nickname: N/A
Species: Human
Date of Birth: The Pixy
Place of Birth: Visulla, Hartho

"For a time, it was an infatuation with my past that gave me the drive to forge onward, however, it is only now I realize that my future is what I truly yearn to uncover."

DETAILS

1 Paragraph Character Concept: Anne+Marie is a determined young woman. She was born to slaves in Visulla and, due to an unfortunate series of events, found herself in Lyf at the age of ten, with no memory of her past. It was there that her foster parents took her in and named her for the unfading symbol upon her midrift. It seemed to be runic in nature and read 'Anne+Marie' at its center. During her youth she became infatuated with the tales of the soldiers that would pass through her foster parents inn in regularity. She would often be found listening intently to them recounting everything from grand battle to mundane treks. As she matured this fascination became her dream, and for the past three years of her adult life she has dedicated herself to soldiering in the hopes of one day achieving her goal of knighthood.

Character Arc(s): 1: Her attainment of Knighthood
2: The surfacing of her past and it's return to relevance in her mind
3: The uncovering of the meaning behind the strange runic symbol upon her midrift
4: The consequences of uncovering the aforementioned truth
5: The overcoming of said consequence

Character Plot(s): TBA

MBTI: ISFJ

D&D Alignment: Neutral Good

Attuned Element(s): Water

Fleuntia: Luna

Weapons and Proficiency: Short Swords and other blades, parrying dagger, Flintlock pistols

A curtain of ominous fog hung over the night. It played at the minds of those that ventured into its chilling embrace. We were no different, our troop exhausted from the days trek. Going this far into enemy territory would be inane a task for any other, but to us, it was akin to the scent of roast following a great fasting. Men like us are drawn to danger, as it seems to be the only thing worthy of sustaining our lust for adventure.

The man paused for a moment, reaching for his flask in a move to both add suspense to the tale and wet his drying tongue. A single candle flickered through the darkness, casting long shadows across the empty tavern. Last call had long been made and only those whom had purchased an room upstairs were permitted entry to the Inn. In the otherwise abandoned tavern sat two individuals; an older, grizzled man, and a young girl. The latter's eyes transfixed upon that of the former. Her body seeming to cry out in disdain at his sudden pause of the telling.

The man chuckled to himself softly and continued his tale.

We had been on the road for months. The summer sun weighing upon us with a ferocity akin to a Sylphaer's wrath. Despite this, we now found ourselves moments before the fated clash. The great Blorg, Skull-crusher finally in our grasp. I signaled my men and we began. The work was slow an quiet, each tent visited by silent death as we whittled away at the numbers of the bandit filth.

The man paused, locking eyes with the young child and widening his expression. His voice became macabre.

Then, like the crack of thunder before a storm, it sounded. A simple error by a young knight rose the entirety of the encampment!

His voice raised with his arms as the older man performed a movement of surprise and shock. The young girl fell back, agape in her trans-fiction of his story. A small gasp escaped her lips.

The bandits mobilized! My men and I found ourselves in a greusome battle for survival. We, however, were not phased. We were knights after all! Mere bandits could not hope to stand up to us! Each man fought into the long hours of the night, striking down foes on all sides. However, just as victory was in our grasp..

He arrived!

'Oh no!' exclaimed the young girl. 'It is Blorg is it not!' The man furrowed his brow as the girl covered her lips with both hands, almost as if her outburst had been unintentional.

'Now young lady,' The man's finger waved about dramatically, scolding her with its silent waddle. 'which of us two is the one telling this story, hmm?' His expression softened into a charming smile as he continued.

Indeed! It was Blorg! In all his ferocious splendor. The monster of a man charged into the fray, tossing men aside as if they were made of simple papyrus. It was terrifying to behold, but I.. I was not phased. I ran to meet the monster and as our blades clashed-

'Now what is this ruckus I awake to in the small hours of the night?' The voice of an older woman echoed between the two deviants, interrupting the tale. 'Sir Macoth, what is it that I find you doing with my daughter at this ungodly hour? Hmm? I have half a mind to toss you to the street!'

'But Mamma Aba!' Exclaimed the small girl, leaping from the bar stool she had be planted upon. 'He was simply telling me a story to help with my sleep!' She clung to her foster mother's nightdress desperately, every part of her begging that the man not be tossed out.

'Yes, I can definitely see the help that this manner of tale would have in aiding a restful sleep.' Mamma Aba rolled her eyes as she looked down at her daughter. 'Unfortunately, you will have to wait until the morning to hear the rest of this tale child, off to bed with you, and you Sir Macoth.' Her eyes moved up to the man who wore on his own face an expression of devilish innocence. 'Should you not also be resting up for your early departure tommorow morn?'

'Aye, madam, an excellent point.' He begrudgingly admitted.

Despite the continued pleading of both deviant parties, Anne+Marie found herself fast asleep within the hour. Dreams of clashes between Blorg and the gallant Sir Macoth dancing about her head.

Last edited by a moderator:
GENERAL

Name: Darius Aegelweard
Pronunciation: d-AH-r-ee-uh-s Aegel-weard
Titles: Darius the Earnest
Race: Human
Date of Birth: Unkown.
Place of Birth: Emeraldy, Marsea
Current Residence: North Emeraldy, Marsea

" The light of rightenousness shall provel and turn you back to your shadow realms! Live long, Marsea! Bless us all with the wealth of your lands and the beauty of your hearth!"

DETAILS

1 Paragraph Character Concept: Darius is a man of honor. Born from ashes and he rose to fame. At the age of 30, he is known accross Marsea for his noble causes and fights. He is one to never back down to help those in needs and he always fights for the good of the world. His loyalty is unbound and his sword only slays for those worthy of his goodness. He, of all people, knows best the difficulty of life. Therefore, he made an oath with the Gods to always protect the innocent and the good at heart.

Character Arc(s): TBD

Character Plot(s): TBD

MBTI: ESFJ-A

D&D Alignment: Lawful Good

Attuned Element(s): Water & Air

Fleuntia: Solis

Weapons and Proficiency: Due to being a knight, Darius is very strong with a shield and a sword. He has a great range of abilities and is practically invisible when he has his equipment in hand. In general, anything with a sharp edge, with the years of practice Darius has... he probably already used it. If not, then his knowledge in swordsmanships makes him more than capable to learn it quickly.

When it comes to hand to hand combat, Darius is just very strong. He isn't very technical and probably will use brute force.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Pellentesque augue augue, condimentum eget interdum a, pulvinar vitae tortor. Vivamus vel condimentum ipsum. Vestibulum venenatis auctor neque. Fusce ac cursus augue, quis efficitur arcu. Praesent non dignissim mauris. Quisque lacinia quam sollicitudin, consectetur quam eget, porta odio. Aliquam dictum lectus ut dapibus feugiat. Donec suscipit commodo ultrices. Donec sollicitudin nunc eget erat blandit, ac maximus arcu faucibus. Integer eu lectus vestibulum, lobortis sapien ac, scelerisque tortor. Etiam nec euismod diam. Sed nec dui vel tortor consectetur aliquet. Mauris laoreet ligula non felis auctor, et fringilla ante sodales. Ut metus ipsum, gravida eu molestie ac, scelerisque sit amet urna.

Nunc ultrices purus quis metus luctus, sed vestibulum odio commodo. Ut auctor laoreet ornare. Ut scelerisque tortor sit amet erat consectetur dignissim. Duis bibendum diam arcu, quis dapibus libero blandit vel. Mauris lobortis auctor neque, quis dictum sapien gravida eu. Etiam consequat maximus ex, non auctor sapien sagittis convallis. Praesent tincidunt dignissim eleifend. Mauris euismod libero ut rhoncus congue. Nunc a accumsan velit. Curabitur porta vulputate quam ut bibendum. Phasellus felis nunc, accumsan facilisis rhoncus dapibus, hendrerit ut diam. Aenean consectetur sem elementum diam condimentum, pellentesque volutpat tellus fringilla. Integer quis erat vulputate mauris iaculis venenatis. Mauris sit amet nibh ut orci dictum cursus ac ut enim. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Aliquam non faucibus dui.

Nullam dictum nulla sed felis congue scelerisque. Donec egestas nec nisl at pellentesque. Vivamus pellentesque aliquet est, a dapibus turpis pharetra quis. Ut ultricies sagittis arcu, placerat venenatis nisl. Maecenas eu dolor tincidunt, eleifend nunc sit amet, facilisis leo. Nulla id iaculis tellus. In lacinia tortor non ligula hendrerit viverra. Integer non tellus nec neque mattis facilisis. Donec sed sapien sit amet lacus suscipit egestas. Cras neque justo, ultricies eu est in, tempus molestie nunc. Cras sit amet odio non velit vehicula finibus.

Last edited:
Please reread the setting and location information posted within the Vault and tag me once you've made your edits. D:

Please reread the setting and location information posted within the Vault and tag me once you've made your edits. D:
@rissa is this better? XD I wrote Athenos cause he was born in the region but he doesn't know where hahah but wtv xD

Or.... did i not catch the thing that was wrong ahah xD

GRIN

A TRAVELLING STORYTELLER
ATTEMPTING TO RIGHT HIS WRONG
"There is no tale ever told greater than one of redemption."

GENERAL

Name: Grinnal Greyfellow
Pronunciation: Grin-nahl Grae-fell-oh
Nickname: Grin, Grin the Great
Species: Halfling
Date of Birth: Autum; Month 7
Zodiac: Tolki
Place of Birth: Caerdean; Northwood
"It was a love like no other. I knew what pure bliss was. It was riding atop mah wife towards the sunset. What? Are you implyin' I can't love and marrah a centaur? I am appalled. How could yah? It's good to know I'm in the company of vile racists. Though, a bit of coin and information would make the hurt go away."

APPEARANCE

Eye Color: Gold
Hair Color: Blond
Hair Style/Length: Undercut Mohawk
Height: 4'0"
Weight: 78lbs
Body Type: Muscular
Body Modifications/Accessories: Has a pale tattoo of branches that shoots up his nose and along his cheeks to his forehead. It is nothing extreme and usually only stands out vividly if under extreme or magical light.

Written Appearance: Like most halfings, Grin is short in stature and prone to being mistaken for a child. Yet, upon further inspection one can find undeniable evidence that Grin is a full grown man, well halfling, despite his lack of height. He has a muscular build and is prone to wearing swaths of armor, leather, and fur that may not cover every inch of skin. One can see sun-darkened strips of flesh around his elbows, knees, ankles, and lower midriff. According to him, it is for agility and athletics. His tanned skin is striped with a few scars and pocks from dangerous encounters he's had throughout the years. His face remains mostly untouched except for a gash over his lips. Even when he closes them and smiles, one can still see a hint of teeth. He has dull golden eyes, a strong brow, and plucky cheekbones. His nose is turned down and the bridge of it is raised from years of abuse--none that he provided, of course.

PERSONALITY

Personality Traits:
▷ Humorous: Prone to tell jokes and laugh at his own, Grin is the sort to live up to his nickname. It is rare for him not to find a situation humorous and work that into his interactions.
▷ Affable: He is the best friend you never knew you had. Always interested in your story and your emotions, he'll ply himself into your thoughts and troubles. If he can't ease your troubles with words, he'll do so with liquor.
▷ Reactionary: Grin has a tendency to react more on knee-jerk than actually thinking and planning things through. It is the entire reason he is in his mess.
▷ Earthly: No matter the yarn he spins, his beliefs and knowledge are firmly rooted in the practical and tangible. He's not one to believe in matters of fancy unless someone can prove them to him. That might be rooted in his need for that "nugget of truth" when weaving a story.

Strengths:
▷ Social Chameleon
▷ Loves to Talk
▷ Quick Witted
▷ Intuitive

Weaknesses:
▷ Uneducated
▷ Heart on Sleeve
▷ Loves to Talk
▷ Short Man Syndrome

Quirks:
▷ His accent deeply thickens when he is stressed or angry.
▷ Regards pixys superior to fairies. Is quite prejudice to them.

MBPT: ESTJ

D&D Alignment: Chaotic Good

DETAILS

Inventory:
▷ Two daggers, sharp with deep etchings that call back to the halfling lifestyle.
▷ A wrist mounted crossbow.
▷ Travelling gear: flint, rations, water, bed roll, twince, whet stone, metal cup, paring knife, leather mending kit, basic oil, and rope.
▷ Journal

Education: Basic Halfling Education

Character Arcs/Plots:
▷ What he truly seeks is his kin. Not in blood, no. The other was a pixy, and one of Grin's closest friends. He entered a Contract that was binding and dangerous. The man that enacted it had a darkness about him that Grin couldn't quite shake. When his friend left the protection of the halfings, Grin laid awake at night. He knew something was wrong. So, he seeks him out.
▷ Can and will play himself off as anything to find out who, or what, made a Contract with his pixy friend and to what end.
▷ Possible espionage, sabotage, spying, etc. for someone that can help him with his search. Possible tutor for noble's children that wish for them to be more "worldly." Entertainer for rich. Any sort of job that would give him information and possibly leverage.

RELATIONS

Social
  • Loc: A pixy and Grin's friend. He's the one that Grin is trying to find.
  • Get Sugarshow: a halfling merchant that has rooted himself in the "finer" merchandise, and has become a great tool for Grin getting and using connections.
Familial
  • Grimmal Greyfellow: Father
  • Neriaan Greyfellow: Mother
  • Patchee Greyfellow: Sister
  • Neris Greyfellow: Sister
  • Anise Greyfellow: Sister
  • Satina Greyfellow: Sister
  • Orana Greyfellow: Sister
  • Fayora Greyfellow: Sister

ARMAMENTS

Magic Tier(s): Middling

Attuned Element(s): Invocation

Main Weapon:
▷ Dual Daggers: They are of halfling make and well crafted and well-kempt by Grin. They have halfling words and symbols etched across them.

Secondary Weapon:
▷ Wrist Crossbow: A contraption that only takes a movement of his wrist to fire the bold. It only holds three bolts at a time but it is subtle and stealthy. It is fully capable of killing a man if used in the right way.

HISTORY

Grin was the sole male in a house of females. He had six sisters. He sought tranquility in the forest and ironically with the pixys. He became friends with one pixy in particular. His name was Loc, and he was quite loud and vivacious. They had so many storytellying contests. Usually, Loc won. Yet, in hopes of beating his magical friend, Grin visted outside the halfling's forests. He spoke to many travelers and questioned their stories. Slowly he grew into the most worldly of the halflings within the woods. This lent him a bit of leverage but not much.

As Grin grew older, he and Loc became closer friends. Yet, their friendship would soon be tested. A man, dark in cloak and nature, entered the woods and demanded a Contract with a pixy. Grin ran to Loc and told him to hide. He viewed Loc as one of the few of the pixys capable of understanding beyond the forest. Loc would be perfect for this man, so the pixy thought, but Grin felt as if the man had a darkness that no one could control. Loc laughed and rebuffed Grin's warnings. Instead, he approached the man and questioned about a future contract. The man was quick to acknowledge and appease Loc. Next thing Grin knew, he was drawing the entire thing up.

Grin thought he understood the wording in the Contract. Yet, every night he laid awake wondering what he subjugated Loc to. He was a little angry when entire situation happened. Well, maybe he was more than "a little angry." Still, he should have been more vigilant that day. He still remembered glimpses of words. They most;y had to do with subjugation and control.

Finally, Grin had been tormented by his nightmares enough. He left the halfling home in hopes of finding Loc and his "master," and stopping them both from committing a very deadly crime.

WRITING SAMPLE

In retrospect, Grin should never have bitten the man. Then again, he wasn't fond of being pulled up by the nape of his neck while ildy perusing weapons at the smith's stall.

The festival roared like a dull stream all around them, and the smell of cooking spices and well-tread mud coalesced into some sort of repugnant delight. None of that probably helped the other man's cause, Grin would learn his name was Lord Armare. The lord only got a glimpse of Grin's eyes when the halfling laid into his arm, chomping down as hard as he could. He didn't break the skin, as it was swathed in heavy layers, but it was enough for the lord to howl and drop the halfling directly on his backside.

"You worthless," the lord belted, raising his hand. Yet, once he looked over Grin, he paused. His arm wavered for a moment before he dropped it. "You're not my son."

"No, I'm not." Grin pulled himself from the ground. "And yah better well apologize for pickin' me up like yah mutt. Or son, I reckon'. Though that's disconcertin'."

The man cleared his throat. "But that doesn't give you a right to bite me."

"Would yah rather have had me pull mah blade? Nah. Of course not. The guards may have accidentally filled yah full of holes when they played a fun game of 'stab the halfin'."

"I can still call the guards." The lord leered over and down at Grin, as if his height would make a smidge of difference to the halfling. Yet, Grin was not the sort accommodate violence so easily.

He ran a hand through his short blond hair, mussing it up a bit. "How about this? We both apologize for our actions and be on our merry way?"

The lord snorted, waving his bitten sleeve in the halfling's face. Teeth-shaped punctures riddled it, like holes in a net.
"Spirits," Grin cursed. "Fine, what yah want? Just warning yah, I don't have much in the way of wealth."

Apparently, what he had in oodles and ounces was his ability to entertain children. Grin had brought up the point that leaving a complete stranger with his children was not the in the lord's best interest. He reminded the halfling that the guards were watching, but their job didn't encompass entertaining his children enough that they wouldn't take to the streets like feral cats.

They sat underneath a thick canvas awning with wood benches, tables, and a decent assortment of drinks and food. Grin found the carafe of the stronger liquor. He took a few long drinks before addressing the children. The young man, the one that his father had mistaken for the halfling, looked very uninterested. The girl, younger in both smile and appearance, stared intently.

"Tell me about pixys!" she exclaimed. The boy let out a long sigh before trying to vault over the small square of wood work that stood about a head taller than Grin. The halfling snatched the boy halfway up the fence work. The kid spat and hissed. The girl crossed her arms and frowned.

"Look, I'll tell yah all about pixys. Yah just have to sit down and be quiet." Grin paused. "Do that, and I'll tell yah father yah good kids and yah deserve whatever you want."

"A pony!" "My own house!" Their voices nearly sang in unison.

"Right, well we obviously have diff'rent ideas about what one might deserve by being good for about an hour." Grin grumbled under his breath about 'spoilt rich kids.' "Alright, here is a story."

"About pixys!" the daughter exclaimed again.

"Yes about pixys. Calm yahself." The two siblings sat down. The girl placed her arms in her lap and cross her legs. Her chin was tilted upwards in interest. The boy crossed his arms and huffed--loudly. Grin ignored him.

"A long time ago," Grin began. "There was a pixy prince."

The daughter's hand shot up. "Are there really pixy princes?"

"Yah cram it, or I stop talkin' and tell yah father you're a bunch of demons." There was a silent pause. "Very well. The pixy prince was the strongest, smartest, kindest, and bravest of his kind. He befriended many a halfin', and he found their company blessed. They loved the pixy prince, so it was fair to say when the day came for him to enter a contract with a person outside tha woods, they all feared for what was going to happen. Yet, the pixy called upon his most trusted of halflins. That one watched over the pixy as he created a Contract with a powerful man. A dangerous man. The halflin saw nothin' wrong with the initial contract, but as the pixy prince left the woods... the halflin' realized he'd been drawn into a contract most dark. So, the halflin' set off to save the pixy prince..."

"Bo-ring," the young noble boy announced.

Grin frowned, but he knew his audience. "He didn't make it far until he was waylaid by bandits. A young, female elf came to his rescue. He died at her feet, tellin' her all about the pixy prince's contract and the darkness in the one's hart that had made it..." He went on to tell a tale of a female elf knight, a young human prince, a handful of centaurs, griffins, and the like. They went from uninterested to enrapt at his telling. He was wrapping up with the noble human prince's sacrifice, when their father arrived. They applauded and filed off behind the lord. Of course, that was after he'd left a hefty sum in Grin's hands. This would help him.

He was counting coins when the daughter reappeared. She stood before him, only a little bit below him. "The part of the pixy and the halfling were true, right?" She asked.

Grin smiled. "Every good story has a nugget of truth, m'dear. Yah would be good to learn that if yah goin' to be lyin' to your father in the rapid pace yah seem to enjoy."

The girl hugged him before disappearing into the crowd. Grin just laughed. .

Accepted! He's wonderful <3 Go ahead and post your FULL CS within your own Roster Thread. Send me a PM with your Character Arcs/Plots where we can discuss the introduction of Grin! Once you've created your Roster this thread will be archived though still viewable within the Vault. Welcome to the fold! Feel free to join our Discord server. (You can find the link in the sticky Proclamations thread within the Directory.)

@rissa is this better? XD I wrote Athenos cause he was born in the region but he doesn't know where hahah but wtv xD

Or.... did i not catch the thing that was wrong ahah xD
Emeraldy is a city in Athaneos. Marsea is the continent.

Reactions: B l u E s
Approved! Please post your FULL CS within this thread!

• Love
Reactions: Ner0
Approved. You may now begin your FULL CS. Please post it within this thread. Keep in mind what we talked about and pls change it to emeraldy, athaneos xD

Reactions: B l u E s
DARIUS

Knight of North Emeraldy
"Holy light, give me the strenght to fight the unpure. "

GENERAL

Name: Darius Aegelweard
Pronunciation: d-Ah-r-ee-uh-s || A-egel-weard
Titles: Darius the Earnest
Race: Human

Date of Birth: Month 5, Moonreap (summer)
Zodiac: The Nymph
Place of Birth: Emeraldy, Athaneos, Marsea.
Current Residence: North Emeraldy, Athaneos, Marsea.

Storyline/Plot:

" The light of rightenousness shall provel and turn you back to your shadow realms! Live long, Marsea! Bless us all with the wealth of your lands and the beauty of your hearth!"

APPEARANCE

Eye Color: Ocean Blue
Hair Color: Dark Blonde
Hair Style/Length: Wavy/Straight hair that stop at his shoulder.
Height: 6ft (183cm)
Weight: 190 lbs (86kg)
Body Type: Athletic
Body Modifications/Accessories: Elvish runes tattooed on his spine

Written Appearance: Darius is a well-built man with very strong legs. He stands just about 6ft and is quite heavy in terms of weight. His hair is often loose and he usually lets his beard grow to a decent size. When it comes to styling them, it ranges from braids to simply letting it loose in its natural flow. On some occasion, he will completely shave his hair but that's only when he is in some transitional phase.

Overall, Darius is quite a handsome. He has a sharp nose with close-set eyes of the brightest blue. He has an oval face complemented with a trimmed beard and a strong jawline. He has a thin upeer lip that are often pretty pink in color. In general, Darius is well-kept and usually has good hygiene compared to most.

PERSONALITY

Personality Traits:
  • Sense of Duty: This perhaps is the most obvious personality trait of Darius. He has a very strong moral commitment that obliges him to fight for the good of this world. In some way, he was raised to have this sense of duty. he always had it, but his adoptive father greatly put emphasize from youth.

• Compassion: Due to his very misfortune childhood, Darius grew to be sympathetic towards those suffering. He has a certain tenderness and leniency these individuals, especially children.

• Too Selfless: Perhaps his biggest weakness as a human being. He often neglects his needs and may become overwhelming towards those he is giving attention. As they say, sometimes too much can become too little. Darius is in the process of learning this.

• Stern: Either it be from his stuck-up career or simply his personality as a whole, Darius is very inflexible and reluctant to the unusual. He is unwilling to take a step out of his comfort zone, especially if it does not come from him. Very rarely will he improvise or innovate.

Strengths:
  • Intelligent
  • Disciplined
  • Loyal

Weaknesses:
  • Inflexible
  • Sensitive
  • Needy in Attention

Quirks:
  • Playing with his beard
  • Crossing his legs and bouncing one
  • Looking at his finger when bored

MBPT: ESFJ - A

D&D Alignment: Lawful Good

DETAILS

Inventory:

Education: After being adopted by Lord Aegelweard, Darius accessed an exquisite education and has learned the major languages across Ronan. He has knowledge in all fields including physics, biology, and mathematics. Although, he really has a penchant for literature and poetry.

Character Arcs/Plots: TBD

Family Crest: The family crest is composed of an eagle, a pegasus and two crescent moon backsplash by a beautiful azure. [link]

Familial
  • A horse named Athena.

RELATIONS

Social
  • Lord Ingle Viserys
    • He is a noble, but a nasty one. Corrupted, mean, and ill-willed. He has been, in some way, the enemy of his house. Constantly putting breaks to any legislation or anything Lord Augustus believes. Unfortunately, this illness of his has no boundaries and it is starting to spill over Darius. It all started when Darius was granted Knighthood.
  • Diplomatic relationship with many other nobles of Athaneos.
  • TBD.

Familial
  • Adoptive Father || Lord Augustus Aegelward (younger picture)
    • His father Lord Augustus is nearing his 60s but is still quite active politically, but not as much as when his wife Henrietta was alive. On a side note, he could not have any children on his own due to some condition preventing it (castration as a form of torture).
  • Adoptive Mother || Lady Henrietta Aegelward (Died)
    • His mother unfortunately died when he was 25 years of age due to an unknown illness. It was mysterious considering she was quite healthy and didn't have any history of that illness.

ARMAMENTS

Magic Tier(s): Low

Attuned Element(s): Water & Air

Main Weapon: Sword

Secondary Weapon: Warhammer

HISTORY

Dirtied, shame, pain... A loud scream could be heard from a whore house in the poorer district of Emeraldy. The contractions triggering unwanted memories as a woman with amber-colored hair pushed, and pushed, and pushed. The anxiety and fear overwhelming the small wooden room. A small head finally came out and the whole room quieted down, the baby wasn't crying. The sage woman held the baby up side down, slapping the ass of the newborn and finally a small whimper could be heard. Only, it did not bring joy to anyone.

The little baby was washed quickly and wrapped in some cheap cotton cover, similar in color to a bag of potato. The sage woman walked over to the mother and looked at her with a mixture of pity and hope. " It is a beautiful baby boy, " she said but the woman could not look. Her eyes red as tears rolled down her cheek. The woman pushed the baby towards her but the woman snapped. " There is nothing beautiful about this thing! Leave with the son of a monster!" she shouted as she curled up in pain, tormented by the haunting memories of that cold night.

The sage woman quickly understood. A few hours later, that very same boy could be seen at the doorstep of some orphanage near the fisherman's port. It smelled like rotten fish guts and the mold could be seen creeping up the edges and humid walls of the orphanage. A young woman, a nurse to be precise, quickly found him on his own and was enchanted by his beautiful features.

" Look at you pretty boy. How could anyone leave you on your own tonight?" she said falling in love with the angelic face of this newborn. She took him in her arms and brushed his pink cheeks. " You must look like your mother... Such a delicate boy," she said quietly as she covered his chest with the poorly handmade cover. He seemed healthy and his big blue eyes finally opened, seeing the very first woman to have accepted him in this world as a gift rather than a curse.

~*~

Years passed and the young boy grew to be strong. The orphanage ended up being disbanded after the leaders pretty much all died of some plague. Darius, or more Dobber by the local, ended up working in some cemetery watering the flowers and removing weeds for the clergy. It was... an ok job for him. After all, he was only 6 years old, he could sleep in a little wooden cabin given to him by the priest and he had food at the table! What could a 6-year-old want more! Well, the answer would be love.

" Aren't you a cute boy, " A young woman said as she kneeled beside him. Darius, better know as Dobber at that time looked at her and nodded with a serious look on his face. " Thank you, ma'am. But I am no boy. I am a man," he said with a small frown, but it was more like him trying to act like a grown up.He continued watering the flower over the grave of Lord Albus Eagleburn as the woman took a step closer to him and just looked at the grave with. Her hand rested over his stone and she smiled, some sadness evident but it was like she came to terms with something. Darius didn't know who the man in the grave was or do you woman, but something told him that she knew the person.

" Do you know this Lord?" He asked with a tone deeper than it should be. Something told the woman that this young boy believed he was a man.

" Yes, indeed. I do know him, " she said with a smile. " He is my father. He died a few years ago from that flu that went around for days, " she said a bit saddened by the subject. " It was unfortunate, but he was already quite old and a human, " she said to him. " Oh, the woman who took care of us also died of that flu. And after that, all my brothers and sisters got lost. I ended up alone and I can't see them... Although, sometimes I see my friend John. He found his mother apparently... " he shared. Then, Darius looked at her skin, it was a dark umber color which was very rare to him. He couldn't help himself but touch her skin, curious to say the least.

" That is a sad story with a happy ending for John" She continued noticing how curious he was about her pigmentation. He didn't even seem to have noticed what she just said.

" Are you a Ka'lene?" he then asked to her completely absorbed by her. He never really saw anyone with a dark pigmentation such as that. Not even in humans... or at least, not around his area. amused.

She seemed amused by his curiosity." Yes, I am. A half-breed. What gave it out?" she asked playfully. Darius laughed like a child would normally do and he pointed at her ears. " Your ears, silly!" he said a grin spreading from one ear to another.

The woman laughed along when suddenly he spilled some water on her dress. " Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean too! It won't happen again" he said fear evident in his voice. The clerk hated when he did that and often would beat him with a stick. He immediately put up his arms in the air defensively.

" Oh, don't worry so much. It's only a dress. It will dry... somehow. " She said very calmly and in a reassuring way. She noticed his tone change and his behavior like he feared her. " I am Lady Henrietta of House Aegelweard. " she then said readjusting herself to look at Darius. She was hoping she would see that smile once more and make him comfortable around her.

Darius relaxed a bit as he looked at her. She is not going to hit me? He asked himself as he looked at her. " I'm Dobber. That's how people call me. " He said.

"That is not very nice of others to call you that! You are certainly not a dobber. Oh, certainly not. " she said as he grabbed his cheek playfully finding him adorable.

" I know! I always tell them I am not a Dobber! But they keep calling me that and say that the clerk told them I was named that! And I can't defend myself because no one listens to a little boy! So I had to grow up!" he said in a very speedy manner. He looked excited to have someone listen to him and somehow care.

" No no, Dobber is definitely not a good name for you. You project... some nobility, like a King. A King amongst children. Dobber is... absolutely horrifying as a name so I will call you... " she said as she looked at him. She placed a finger over her chin and smiled as she figured a name up. " Darius. Do you like that name?" she asked him.

The eyes of Darius lit up like a thousand candles and he jumped up and down with the bucket of water. Lady Henrietta laughed as she hid her face from the droplets of water. " Oh Goodness. I think you do like your name, " She said laughing along as Darius started dancing and screaming his name, proud of it like no other child.

~*~
The sun descended and a mix of pink, purple, and orange filled the sky of North Emeraldy. It was an incredibly important day for Darius. Wearing a white cloth symbolizing purity covered by a red vest to symbolize nobility, he marched down the marble alley of the knighting ceremonial room. Twenty years old, and he has shown great bravery when he saved the life of an important ambassador during a peaceful political tour in the continent of Orcosi and part of Mesovia. Everyone perished but him and the ambassador.

No one really knew the motive of the attacks or who they were, but it turned out brutal and bloody. Never had he seen so much blood in his life. It was a pitch black night and, to this day, he could not identify the assailant. Nor could the ambassador despite being bitten and stabbed with something before Darius saved him. The young squire might have lost a figure in that fight, but he did not let it defeat him.

The sound of prayers resonated through the grand chamber with only his footstep and those of the priests behind him. Darius did not dare let his eyes wonder. The last sunrays of the day lit up the room with its many colors. Darius could feel the presence of both of his parents and he felt immensely proud. The presence of his adoptive mother, Lady Aegelweard, always gave him courage and strength.

Before him stood the leader of Athaneos council who would give him the title he always dreamt of. He kneeled down before the head of Athaneos council. His head bowed down as he listened to the man's word attentively. It was long, eternally long, but he was attentive at every word, at every vow and orders given. And then, finally, he felt the faint touch of the sword against his shoulder give him joy. A rush of adrenaline as they made him stand up and his eyes shone, his smile apparent, and his body composed. His wide shoulder back and his head straight.

" Go now, and greet your peers!" the leader of the council said proudly and the room cheered on. Darius had never felt as proud as he had right then.

~*~

Ever since his knighling ceremony, Darius has been defending the poorest and made a name of himself. He was known accross Athaneos and was looked up. He didn't keep a low profil like many knight. He spoke to the people, he rushed to their aid and never once did he breach his oath. Not once.

Last edited:
Anne - Marie

Dedicated to Knighthood
"No longer haunted by the past, she now looks to her future..."

GENERAL

Name: Anne-Marie
Pronunciation: (An en Mah ree)
Nickname: Anne
Date of Birth: Ice Melt
Zodiac: The Pixy
Place of Birth: Hartho, Visulla

Storyline/Plot: Roses and Stars

"For a time, it was an infatuation with my past that gave me the drive to forge onward, however, it is only now I realize that my future is what I truly yearn to uncover."

APPEARANCE

Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brunette
Hair Style/Length: Medium long, most often kept tied back in a bun of sorts
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 167lbs
Body Type: Toned. Bust size slightly below 'average' and waist of medium width
Body Modifications/Accessories: A strange symbol on her midrift that reads Anne+Marie at its center. Also, normally invisible, are tattooed runes that cover her entire body. When visible they glow a feint shade of blue. Only visible in full when she herself is on the brink of death, but invisible in small patches from tim to time during the night.

Body Modifications/Accessories: A strange symbol on her midrift that reads Anne+Marie at its center. Also, normally invisible, are tattooed runes that cover her entire body. When visible they glow a feint shade of blue. Only visible in full when she herself is on the brink of death, but invisible in small patches from time to time during the night.

Written Appearance: Anne-Marie maintains a slim, yet muscular build. This is in part because of her occupation as a military woman and her strict fitness regimen in lieu of this. Regardless of this excess muscle, she is still rather attractive. Her facial features are akin to that of a delicate maiden. She has a smaller sized bust and her medium-long brunette hair is usually tied up in a bun of sort, for practicality purposes. She is known to braid it from time to time however, for special occasions. Rarely is her hair seen let down, as it obstructs her vision. Even so a sort of unorganized beauty can be found in this look. Her hazel eyes gaze steadily forward, a fire of determination ablaze in them at all times. Her eye's belay her dedication to pursuing her dream, and the future that this pursuit holds for her.

She stands eye to eye with most men but is still slightly below average in height, clocking in at a respectable 5'8". Anne carries herself with an air of confidence in most public situations, this is in part because of her awareness of presentation when representing the military and in part a method of keeping ne'er-do-wells from harassing her when she is not dawning the garb of a soldier. When in company she is comfortable with this facade fades and her expression will usually soften. When like this, she could be described a eloquent and charming, whilst simultaneously maintaining a somewhat childlike vigor and enthusiasm. She constantly maintains a near perfect posture, developed through the years working as a waitress in her foster parents Inn.

In most cased she is garbed in her armor and weaponry, as in most cases she is on duty. Otherwise she can be seen wearing simple peasants attire. Her armor is a balance of metal and leather pieces that maximize both protection and maneuverability. While it does not help much against rifles and the like, it does assist greatly in melee duels and as such as been an asset to her over the years. On her left hip sits her short sword, a sturdy and trusty blade that has been with her since the beginning of her career. She maintains it excellently and it returns this favor by being a blade she can rely on. On her right hip is a parrying dagger. This secondary blade is extremely important to her particular style of one on one combat. Finally, strapped to her left leg is a flintlock pistol, a somewhat new addition that she is still rather green with. She deemed it a necessary purchase however, as it would offer her more flexibility on the battle field once she perfected her use of it.

PERSONALITY

Personality Traits: Anne's defining personality trait is her dedication to the attainment of knighthood. She is very passionate in this pursuit and as a result her personality in regards to this can be described as 'Unyielding' and almost 'Intimidating'. This, however, is only the outward appearance of what is truthfully her true passion. She takes her career path seriously, and makes that known to any who would slander it.

Otherwise, Anne is rather easy going. When off duty she could be described as 'Gentle or Kind'. She enjoys taking the time to here the life stories of other people, as listening to tales of wandering sell swords and soldiers was her favorite past time as a child. This translates into her being an excellent listener, and also an excellent story teller herself. When home she can often be seen sharing the tale of Blorg and Sir Macoth. A tale that she first heard late at night as a child.

This is, of course, if you are on her good side. While she can definitely be seen as an 'Understanding' individual and often gives others the benefit of the doubt. She is very loyal to her morale compass. This is partly because of her belief in a knights responsibility of honor, but mostly due to her own 'Strong Belief In The Necessity of Committing Good Deeds.' Anyone who has proven to either be an affront to her own personal morals or that of her duty as a knight does not deserve her respect in her mind, and as such does not get the time of day. People who she holds this opinion of could describe her as 'Cold, or Close Minded.'

She has been a soldier for three years, and is well on the way to attaining knighthood. This means that she has no illusions as to the dark side of her career. In regards to political corruption; at first it was difficult for her to stomach but she soon realized that it was simply a part of her life now that she had chosen her path. One that she would have to begrudgingly accept as a reality. While she would never would never participate in corruption and assassination, she forces herself to treat those who do, especially if they are superior to her, with 'Professional Respect', and nothing more. The same can be said for killing itself, which is in essence, a soldiers duty. At first she had some difficulty stomaching the act, but through determination she was able to see as simply 'Part of The Job.' Every job has dirty bits, and knighthood is not excluded from this. So she, while not enjoying the act, understands the necessity of the act and therefor has overcome her issues with it.

Strengths:

Determination; Anne-Marie is dedicated to her passions, and as a result sees the fruits of her labor rather quickly. The ability to set her mind to a task and complete it, be it long term or short term, has been an asset her entire life. This trait has been the main reason for all of her strengths and the main reason she has seen success in her endeavors.

Ambidextrous: While her determination is a powerful asset, the ability to use both halves of her body with equal confidence and dominance has been a feature she is glad she was born with.

Skill and Focus: The fruits of her labor are, in and of themselves, a tremendous asset as well. Namely, her skill with blades and pistols. While the latter is a newer skill and is rather under developed, it will surely become just as reliable as her melee prowess.

Purification: While the extent of this ability is beyond her understanding, it is very real. Any toxin that enters her body. This means a few things. She cannot be poisoned, and in turn has an extremely high resistance to getting smashed* (Terrible I know). She can drink from any water source as though it were potable water. Finally, she has an increased resistance to disease, and even an immunity to some.

Hidden Power**: The normally invisible runic tattoos that cover her body hold the secret to her magical power. Anne's attunement to the Tetrad is abnormally strong, however it is locked to her due to the effects of the marking upon her midriff. (explained below) The tattoo's however, unlock this power by bypassing the permanent enchantment of the marking. In order to understand this runic spell it would take either a Theurigist of extreme skill with an immense understand of the craft or the Theurigist that initially made the runes, as the initial author encrypted them in order to make understanding them highly difficult. The tattoos glow blue when visible, apparently the author was a tad 'artsy fartsy'. They are only visible in their entirety when she is in a state of near death, however they are sometimes visible in small patches at night. The invisibility can be bypassed, but only via a key created by the original author of the runes.

When activated, the permanent enchantment upon her midriff is bypassed, allowing her use of magic. If this were to ever occur she would first be struck by the return of her memories, and undergo serious mental trauma. Then, her magic reserves would become known to her and 'felt' for the first time. Due to their lack of use the flood of magical energy would be unsustainable. Her mind would undergo even more stress as her magic exploded outwards out of her control. This would be exacerbated further to the nature of her manipulation, which is weather. Recovery would be highly unlikely, as such it is likely these markings will never be unlocked. Only time can tell however..

*For Rissa: Drunk
**please read the weakness 'No Magic' first

Weaknesses:

Stubbornness: While she is understanding, and will often weigh her options before making a decision or forming an opinion, once she has done so she will not rescind. This inflexibility has proven a problem as it can get her into serious trouble and even prevent her from becoming close to people she did not initially blend with.

No Magic*: The marking upon her midriff acts as a block for magic casting. It is a permanent enchantment that effects her mind much in the same way hypnosis works. It blocks her ability to believe that she is capable of performing magic. Basically, she cannot comprehend the use of magic within her conscious mind while under it's effects. However, this does result in the manifestation of her Purification ability. Otherwise, she is basically Unattuned. Also, due to the uncontrollable and erratic nature of permanent enchantments, it had the unexpected side effect of sealing away her memories of her life before it's application. It was applied to her at the age of ten.

Inexperience: While she has been extremely dedicated in her training, her experience as a soldier is still rather limited. Veteran fighter and those that employ unconventional fighting methods stand head and shoulders above her. Also, if she were ever to face off against a magic user, she would be essentially useless.

Unreliable shot: While she does carry a flintlock pistol on her person, it is a new addition and she is unreliable when using it. However, this will most likely fade given time as she does train with it often. At the time however, she tries to avoid using it in actual combat and when forced it is usually not very helpful anyways.

Quirks:

Often when wearing her sword, her hand floats as though resting on an invisible copy of it. This is due to her own uncomfortably with not having it on her person. When startled, she will often reach for her left hip as well, even if nothing is there.

She often catches herself staring, sometimes at passersby, and sometimes at nothing at all. This happens usually when she is deep in thought and she will often bite her lower lip while doing this as well.

When wearing her sword, Anne will tap her index finger upon it's hilt when uncomfortable or simply bored. This is an unconscious action and she will often be startled by it.

Despite being ambidextrous, she always begins combat with her sword in her right hand. Not only because it is drawn from her left, but also due to her having began training with it in her right and and is more comfortable with it there.

MBPT:ISFJ

D&D Alignment: Neutral Good

DETAILS

Inventory: (4+)

Occupation: Soldier for the Queensburg army, ranking somewhere below knight.

Education: Home teaching from her foster parents/ formal training in Queensburg military academy.

Character Arcs/Plots:
1: Her attainment of Knighthood
2: The surfacing of her past and it's return to relevance in her mind
3: The uncovering of the meaning behind the strange runic symbol upon her midriff
4: The consequences of uncovering the aforementioned truth
5: The overcoming of said consequence

RELATIONS

Social
  • The members of her squad in the Queensburg military (TBA)
  • Various locals from Lyf (TBA)
  • Her commanding officer (TBA)

Familial
  • Her Foster Parents Mamma Aba and Papa Murph

ARMAMENTS

Magic Tier(s): Lower

Attuned Element(s): Water (Weather)

Main Weapon: Short sword and Parrying Dagger

Secondary Weapon: Flintlock Pistol

HISTORY

The story of Anne-Marie begins in the slave districts of Gartho, Visulla. On a moody evening shortly following a day of torrential downpour. The quiet patter of gathered rain water plummeting to the damp tiles of the city streets were all that was left to remember the storm by and it was almost unbelievable that it had once been so ferocious that the working district had been forced to close. The day of rest had been a godsend however, as two slaves had been blessed with child during the storm.

Now the couple simply enjoyed the soft sounds of the damp night as they held their child close. While not the happiest of events, they did allow themselves this moment of peace, for a time they would not think of the problems of tomorrow and the uncertainty of their, and in turn their daughter's, future. It was in this moment of peace that a name left the lips of the couple. A name that represented their hope and their struggle. A name that, sadly, would not be known to the one they gave it.

The seasons rolled by and despite the many hardships they faced, the couple somehow made do. Their daughter was healthy, and their life was happier then it had been. However, this happiness was soon tore for them. At the age of Six Months, they came. Theurigists employed by the local Lord began inspecting the slaves. Fate would have it that, for some reason unknown to them, their daughter would be taken. The mother, stricken with grief, died soon after of what should have been a common cold. Such is the fate of a slave. The father met a similar fate, losing his leg to an accident shortly following his wife's demise. Without a leg he was cast aside as useless, and starved on the unforgiving streets.

For the next ten years the child lived without a name, they told her she was important, and taught her the things she needed to know to stand at the side of a Lord, but nothing else. She was an intelligent child, by the age of Seven she knew that she was nothing more then a tool for a paranoid fool. She knew that as long as she did as she was told, she would live. Soon it began, procedures that etched markings upon her body, runic tattoos. When active they would bring out the power of her magic. This would fulfill her purpose, by using her strong connection to the tetrad, her water element would be used to make her the ultimate poison taster. A protector for her lord.

The runes were made invisible, only showing in patches under the light of the moon. They glowed as well, a dark blue. This frightened her. She wished they did not glow. She wished she hadn't been chosen. She wished she knew her name. She wished...

She wished for many things.

It was soon that her magic began to manifest, the weather would seem to change with her mood and it frightened her. At ten it became a problem, and so a ritual was performed. A talented Enchanter was black mailed by her Lord. Forced to trade his life for that of his family's, he began preparations for an enchantment that would block her mind. It worked much like a permanent hypnosis. It would make her believe that she was unattuned, preventing the use of conscious magic. Or, at least, that is what the man said. If it kept her from being afraid, she did not care, she was happy to have it.

It was intended that this enchantment refine her subconscious abilities as well, making them manifest in the form of purification. This would have meant that while under its effects she would be able to purify any substance she touched, making it impossible for The Lord to be in danger from such things. Fortunately, The Enchanter was not one to be taken lightly, he changed this plan and instead made it so only substances that entered her body would be purified. This essentially made her useless as a poison taster. Finally, it was made so that activation of the runic spell upon her body would bypass the enchantment and shut it down for a time, allowing her use of her magic. This would be used as a fail safe, in case it became necessary to have physical defenses for the lord as well.

The procedure began, her body and mind racked with horror and pain. Everything hurt. All she could think of was the pain, and how she wished it would stop. For hours the ritual went on, it seemed eternal. Then, finally, darkness. Upon her midriff was burned a single symbol, at its center it read 'Anne+Marie'.

In her sleep it began. An assault on The Lord's estate. Fire was set to the building, and The Lord lost his life in the blaze. In what he saw as an attempt to absolve his sin, the head Theurigist under the Lord's employ fled into the night with the body of the unconscious slave girl. If he could save her, then maybe, he would be able to live with what he had done to her.

However, those loyal to the Lord pursued him, wishing to preserve the Lord's legacy in the form of the girl. The man managed to lose his pursuers, employing a local ships' captain who owed him a favor. The captain would take the girl far away, and hopefully, she would live a pleasant life.

The seas, apparently, had other plans for the child. A great storm struck the ship mid journey, and the child was lost to sea, along with the entirety of the crew.

She awoke on the shores of Orcosi, near Lyf. She had no memory of her past, as the ritual she had undergone had had the unsightly side effect of blocking her memories as well. The naked child, age ten, stumbled blindly forward. She entered the city of Lyf and fell unconscious in its streets.

A middle aged man came upon her body, luckily for her, he was a kind man, and he took her to his wife. The child awoke again, this time in a warm bed and under the watchful gaze of a worried middle aged woman. At first the child was frightened, but the couple soon absolved her of that emotion. They were kind, and they chose to take her in. They named her Anne+Marie (Anne-Marie) for the marking upon her midriff, and from then on, the child lived a good life.

At first, she searched desperately for answers about her past. Inquiring with any mage she came across about the strange marking upon her midriff, and the even stranger markings that would appear at night. None knew the answer, and before long she was at a loss. However, during this time she also became infatuated with the tales of the travelers that would pass through the Inn her foster parents owned. Especially those of the soldiers and knights that traveled through quite often.

This infatuation grew to a passion, she would become a knight herself. One night, her dream became something attainable. A stranger came through the Inn, a soldier that, for the first time, took her aspirations seriously. He talked of the life of a soldier, leaving nothing unsaid, he warned her of the tribulations of such work, and she listened fervently. The man told her of Queensburg, as it boasted an extensive and open military program he thought her capable of joining.

At this time she was Seventeen, and before the years end, she saw herself on the road to Queensburg. She found herself in Oaknor before long, and joined the local barracks even sooner. Her time in training was long, and brutal, but she was determined and was able to overcome its tribulations, finding herself an official solder at the age of Twenty.

Her past two years of life have been dedicated to soldiering, she has been able to return home on a few rare occasions and her foster parents are always excited for these rare returns. Her skill and determination has seen her through several promotions and she now stands at the cusp of knighthood. Her dream within reach.

WRITING SAMPLE

A curtain of ominous fog hung over the night. It played at the minds of those that ventured into its chilling embrace. We were no different, our troop exhausted from the days trek. Going this far into enemy territory would be inane a task for any other, but to us, it was akin to the scent of roast following a great fasting. Men like us are drawn to danger, as it seems to be the only thing worthy of sustaining our lust for adventure.

The man paused for a moment, reaching for his flask in a move to both add suspense to the tale and wet his drying tongue. A single candle flickered through the darkness, casting long shadows across the empty tavern. Last call had long been made and only those whom had purchased an room upstairs were permitted entry to the Inn. In the otherwise abandoned tavern sat two individuals; an older, grizzled man, and a young girl. The latter's eyes transfixed upon that of the former. Her body seeming to cry out in disdain at his sudden pause of the telling.

The man chuckled to himself softly and continued his tale.

We had been on the road for months. The summer sun weighing upon us with a ferocity akin to a Sylphaer's wrath. Despite this, we now found ourselves moments before the fated clash. The great Blorg, Skull-crusher finally in our grasp. I signaled my men and we began. The work was slow an quiet, each tent visited by silent death as we whittled away at the numbers of the bandit filth.

The man paused, locking eyes with the young child and widening his expression. His voice became macabre.

Then, like the crack of thunder before a storm, it sounded. A simple error by a young knight rose the entirety of the encampment!

His voice raised with his arms as the older man performed a movement of surprise and shock. The young girl fell back, agape in her trans-fiction of his story. A small gasp escaped her lips.

The bandits mobilized! My men and I found ourselves in a gruesome battle for survival. We, however, were not phased. We were knights after all! Mere bandits could not hope to stand up to us! Each man fought into the long hours of the night, striking down foes on all sides. However, just as victory was in our grasp..

He arrived!

'Oh no!' exclaimed the young girl. 'It is Blorg is it not!' The man furrowed his brow as the girl covered her lips with both hands, almost as if her outburst had been unintentional.

'Now young lady,' The man's finger waved about dramatically, scolding her with its silent waddle. 'which of us two is the one telling this story, hmm?' His expression softened into a charming smile as he continued.

Indeed! It was Blorg! In all his ferocious splendor. The monster of a man charged into the fray, tossing men aside as if they were made of simple papyrus. It was terrifying to behold, but I.. I was not phased. I ran to meet the monster and as our blades clashed-

'Now what is this ruckus I awake to in the small hours of the night?' The voice of an older woman echoed between the two deviants, interrupting the tale. 'Sir Macoth, what is it that I find you doing with my daughter at this ungodly hour? Hmm? I have half a mind to toss you to the street!'

'But Mamma Aba!' Exclaimed the small girl, leaping from the bar stool she had be planted upon. 'He was simply telling me a story to help with my sleep!' She clung to her foster mother's nightdress desperately, every part of her begging that the man not be tossed out.

'Yes, I can definitely see the help that this manner of tale would have in aiding a restful sleep.' Mamma Aba rolled her eyes as she looked down at her daughter. 'Unfortunately, you will have to wait until the morning to hear the rest of this tale child, off to bed with you, and you Sir Macoth.' Her eyes moved up to the man who wore on his own face an expression of devilish innocence. 'Should you not also be resting up for your early departure tommorow morn?'

'Aye, madam, an excellent point.' He begrudgingly admitted.

Despite the continued pleading of both deviant parties, Anne+Marie found herself fast asleep within the hour. Dreams of clashes between Blorg and the gallant Sir Macoth dancing about her head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Accepted! Please put Anne's FULL CS within your own Roster thread! Once you've done so this thread will be archived but still viewable within the Vault. Please send me a PM with the Character Plot/Arcs that are in your Full CS.

• Love
Reactions: Ner0
Accepted! Please put Anne's FULL CS within your own Roster thread! Once you've done so this thread will be archived but still viewable within the Vault. Please send me a PM with the Character Plot/Arcs that are in your Full CS.

Aye aye sir

GENERAL

Name: Adrianna the Deft
Pronunciation: [ae-dree-AA-nuh]
Nickname: Annie / Addy
Species: Halfling
Date of Birth: the Nymph
Place of Birth: Northlet, Arora, Orcosea

"Take what you can and give nothing back."

DETAILS

1 Paragraph Character Concept:
Adrianne is the second child and first daughter of a fisherman and his young wife, Adrianna grew up helping support the family. Work was plentiful; money was not. So schooling was forgone in favor of labor, and young Adrianne was all too happy to help in any way she could, all too aware of the limitations her Unattunement brought her. But she was also filled with an insatiable curiosity, and the young girl would always seek and ask for the reason for her difference from her family. So in her 14th year, her parents contracted a Pixy, Rhiannon, one of the small group that lingered about their home, to lead her to keep Adrianna safe and sent their daughter to the Northwood for answers. But though she asked all she came across concerning her lack of Attunement, none could answer her with any amount of certainly. Dissatisfied and unable to sate her curiosity, the girl headed home. Yet she was not to see her family again. They were gone, leaving their house empty and unattended and their belongings picked through by robbers and scavengers. Distraught, she gathered what supplies she could and struck out on her own. And Rhiannon, for reasons unknown to the halfling, accompanied her. In the years since, Adrianna has become a talented and streetwise vagabond, taking what employment she could get, and always finding comfort in the occasional job aboard a ship, reminding her as it did of home. Her one companion has through these long years been Rhiannon, and a strong friendship has formed, built as it has been on trust, respect, and the occasional vague mutual annoyance.

Character Arc(s):
1: Discovering the fate of her family
2: Reuniting with her family
3: Discovering her place within her family
4: Coming to terms with her family's perceptions

Character Plot(s):
1: The chance to learn anything new
2: Growing to trust others
3: Discovering a place to belong

MBTI: ENTP

D&D Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Attuned Element(s): Unattuned

Weapons and Proficiency: Adrianna wields a rapier, short by Big People's size but just right for her. She has received a small amount of training with it from fellow sailors too kind to say no, and where her training is insufficient, she makes up for with cunning application of her experience in street brawls.

I don't know, Addy. There's a lot of people around.

Adrianna just grinned in acknowledgement of the Pixy's concern.

The halfling crouched behind a rain barrel, her dark green eyes and excessively curly hair peeking above its edge. She squinted; it was nearing noon, and even in the city, the sun beat down through the crowded buildings. It shone now off the collected water the barrel held, some of the glare catching Addy in the face with a gusto she didn't quite appreciate. What she did appreciate, however, was the deep red of the ruby she'd spotted some thirty feet away. It was set skillfully into a woman's hair by some means she couldn't figure out, and Adrianna wanted it. It'd keep her fed for a month, if she could find the right person to fence it. There were two or three that might. Beside her, Rhiannon sat within the barrel itself, legs crossed underneath a knee length dress. The water below her, nearly overflowing from the generous amount of rain the land had received of late, remained undisturbed. Leaning forward to rest her elbow on her knee and her chin into her hand, the Pixy sighed dramatically.

You're going to get caught. And it won't be my fault this time.

"Nah. It'll b' fahn; keep yer pants on."

Rhi sighed heavily, blinking slowly in frustration. Yes, Adrianna was probably going to pull the feat off without a hitch. But that didn't stop her worrying. The girl was making it harder and harder to fulfill this Contract. Beside her, the halfling's eyes roved back and forth, assessing the situation. It wasn't impossible; pared down, it was merely a matter of running and snatching the thing from the woman's head. But it wasn't going to be easy either. Rhi was right: the marketplace was full of people searching for produce or a new scarf or a new edge on their dulled blade. And the occasional guard stomped through, frowning at anything that looked even marginally suspicious. And, too, there was the matter of height. The target was a prime example of human physique, and by Adrianna's estimation, she stood easily twice the height of the halfling. Yet there were stalls nearby, not to mention the occasional passing carriage. It'd be manageable. Grinning even wider, Addy prodded her friend gently in the back.

"Jes' ya watch. I'll grab this righ' fast, and we'll hit the road."

She slipped away, leaving the Pixy to groan and roll her eyes exaggeratedly.

•••​

I won't say I told you so.

"You hush! How's I s'posed to know the thing was weaved through her hair?" Adrianna cut back in short bursts, saving her breath for running. Rhi hovered beside her, wings beating rapidly as she kept pace. Behind them, a guard continued yelling for the thief to stop. She of course did no such thing. Turning a corner, she squeezed through an iron fence before casting a glance back again. The guard, face red from exertion, rounded a corner. He was far too large to fit through the same way; he'd have to shimmy over the top or break the lock. "'Sides, nothin' like a good jog to get the blood a'flowin'! Shame about that rock, though."

She sprinted off again, pausing just long enough to reach into a disregarded hedge and grab her personal rapier. On the way, she flashed the guard a grin, touching her forehead in mock salute before disappearing around a corner and heading back for the ship she called temporary home.

Last edited:
Accepted! Please fill out Adrianna's FULL CS within this thread! If you need any help with coding let me or @Elle Joyner know!

• Thank You
Reactions: Red Thunder
Status
Not open for further replies.