- Invitation Status
- Looking for partners
- Posting Speed
- Multiple posts per day, 1-3 posts per day, One post per day, Multiple posts per week, 1-3 posts per week, One post per week
- Writing Levels
- Adept, Advanced, Prestige
- Preferred Character Gender
- Male, Female, Primarily Prefer Female, No Preferences
I'm open to a wide range of genres. Obscenely wide. It's harder for me to list all I do like than all I don't like. My absolute favorite is mixed and multiverse, but I'm not limited to those.
• Mixed Genre
• High Fantasy
• Hard Fantasy
• Low Fantasy
• OP Fantasy
• Science Fantasy
• Modern Fantasy
• Soft Scifi
• Science Fantasy
• Low Scifi
• OP Science Fantasy
• Modern Realistic (Strict)
• Modern Realistic (Loose)
• Urban Fantasy
• Alternate History (Fantasy Preference)
• Post-Apocalyptic Mixed
• Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy
• Post-Apocalyptic Scifi
• Post-Apocalyptic Modern
• Dying Earth
• Romance (Must Include Others)
• Erotic (Must Include Others)
Time to make a new character, but you're clueless? Just want to invite a new person to live in your head? Want to round out a character who's been untouched for a while?
This thread is for you and anyone else who feels like doing character work today.
Use as many or as few of the prompts as you like, and create!
How Do I Take Part?
Click Here for the Optional Character Sheet
(Including titles that aren't part of formal address.)
(Could include a few notes on if they're variant or unusual.)
(Don't be afraid to be descriptive!)
(Actual and/or apparent.)
(Gender, physical sex, and preferences.)
(Color, shape, position...)
(Color and style.)
(Facial and skin descriptions. Eyes, nose, mouth, eyebrows, etc.)
(Bone structure, musculature, amount of fat, body shape—this is great for giving an idea of history and personality.)
(What do they wear?)
(Scars, tattoos, piercings, prosthetics, and more.)
(What do people think when they encounter this character the first time?)
(Describe the tone, manner, volume, and more about how a character communicates: should include any nonverbal communication methods too!)
(Big or small, what frightens the character?)
[b]Motivation:[/b] (One of the two links below might be helpful.)
[b]Virtues:[/b] (Definitions below, pick however many fit and describe how, if you are so inclined.)
A habit of controlling inappropriate physical desires and impulses.
Attentiveness to one's needs, with restraint from wasteful excess.
Willingly giving of the self to ensure others' happiness and health.
The habit for performing work with perseverance, honesty, and care.
The ability to forgive and eagerness to seek paths toward harmony.
The sharing of one's skills and possessions for the sake of others.
Prioritizing of other individuals and the community above oneself.
[b]Vices:[/b] (Definitions below, pick however many fit and describe how, if you are so inclined.)
The lack of self-control over one's bodily desires and urges.
Overindulgence and overconsumption to the point of waste or harm.
A disproportionate valuing of material wealth and its acquisition.
Habitual apathy or aversion to effort that results in detriment.
Uncontrolled urges that encourage one to harm to others and self.
Sad or resentful desire toward traits or possessions of another.
Obsession with one's own superiority to the detriment of others.
(What they're good at.)
(What they're not good at.)
(Habits and other little things.)
(Optional details about the character's race.)
(Write a brief backstory.)
(You can include something meant to catch interest here.)
- Make a character who is colorblind.
- This character's closest friend is a farmer whose wife and child were brutally murdered. The killer was never apprehended.
- Your new character is a thin youth with a weary face. Messy blond hair hangs like straw around narrow, contoured cheeks.
- "Sorry I annoyed you with my friendship!"
- "Dating would be a lot easier if the opposite sex had a tail so I could see if it was wagging or not after I did or said something."
- "Don't you realize? I was born to die."
- "This is the price you pay when you defy the master."