Character On A Word Contest

your word is Benedict... As in the egg dish. Sorry I can't think because I am watching a Benedict Cumberbatch interview
Huh, you're not using a word generator? Interesting. :o

It would just be way easier on you and eliminate bias.

((Since it started really dragging on, and I wanted to finish it tonight, I started rushing it a bunch. I hope the quality isn't too bad, because of that.))

Word :: Mask

Helm_executioner.png

• alias: Jonathan Court​
  • 32​
  • Male​
Appearance:
Silas used to be something of a looker; 6'1, a lean build with well-toned muscle, sharp features, warm brown eyes. He has black hair - which used to be styled in a well-kept ponytail. He was bred of money, and it showed, from his clothes to the way he held himself: proud, regal.
One would hardly recognize the man now. The past years have aged him, more then they should have, leaving him with wild, grey-streaked hair and an almost matching complexion. His face his horrible disfigured with burns, and he walks like a cornered animal. These days, he's about as right as a dead cat. Of course, most don't see the horror he's become. Most don't give him a second glance. For his body is entirely concealed in black. And his face, well, that is hidden the the head executioner's mask.
Personality:
It could be said that Silas could be likened to a snake, in some respects. A player of the shadows and empty halls, he does not make rash decisions. He does not reveal his thoughts, feelings, or intentions; no matter what. He is infinity patient, and he knows it. That being said, there is an image that comes with 'snake' that doesn't fit him. Every thing he does is based on his justice system, arbitrary though it may be. He has no problem with people, and will not harm those he deems innocent. In fact, he'd rather not harm the ones not innocent, however, he's never called himself a good man.
As a young man, Silas was much happier. He would run around, and sweep his lover, Judith, right off her feet and twirl her 'round and 'round. He'd do the same for his son, Riley. Silas was known as the sort of person one could talk to; as well as for his mischievous side. For jokes and pranks were something of a hobby. The same could be said of hunting or talking with his brother, or sitting by the fire with Judith.
Now, if one were to get into a conversation with "Jonathan", they would be met only by a stony demeanor and enigma. For him, every little word, every second of every day, is important to his...plot. Not to mention the paranoia that has taken him. Still, one would think that the happy and good-humored man must be in there somewhere, right?
Bio:
To start, it should be said that Silas was born a Prince, of sorts. He and his younger brother spent their lives in blue-blood, learning all the useless things that royals know. He was betrothed early to Judith, and the two were quickly taken with one-another. He had a rather happy life, and when his son came along, the whole Kingdom must've heard him screaming from the rooftops. But one must remember; this was politics, and medieval politics to boot. When he was officially chosen over his Brother as King, well, it was bound to cause strife, no? Today, he realizes his mistake in not being more careful. One can probably figure out where this is going fairly easily. One night, in the chaos of a festival, he met a few hit men. Real good, they were; threw him right into a fire where, in theory, his remains would never be found. It was all rather quick, but obviously, it didn't work out quite as they had planned. Silas was lucky, see. One of the maids happened to see; pulled him to safety.
Well, that's all and well, but there was the whole thing with someone trying to kill him. Not only that, but he awoke to slanderous stories that would have him hung, anyway. All untrue, but who would know? And what did the maid happen to see? The Fay Seal in their possession. Which, coupled with the whole rumors thing, basically pointed to two people: his brother, or his wife. After all, his father didn't even know where he was half the time, let alone hire hit men. And besides, both had a motive. With Silas gone, the throne would go either to his brother, or his son, of whom Judith could control.
Of course, he was not going to accept that one of the two people closest to him would try to have him killed, but what could he do?
So...he did some lurking, some snooping. But he could not get close enough to find out anything definitive. Actually, he couldn't figure out anything at all. So he decided to take it into his own hands - though of course, his face could never be seen. The only feasible option was head executioner; he'd be close enough to get what he'd need, and be able to cover his face without suspicion. And why would he need this? Two reasons, actually. First, and most obvious, he needed to figure out which of his most trusted had betrayed him. Every trial, he stood within a stone's throw to both, and every time, he listened. He watched. Every time, so close to someone who hated him, and someone who loved and missed him? But which? One day everything would be clear, and that axe would find the liar, in the middle of the middle. His hood would come off, and they would curse every time they had passed the masked nobody - he who they knew not the name of - in the hall.
Then there was Riley; his other reason. His young son, now 12, faced the same fate that Silas himself had. And thus, he resolved to watch over and protect the child, if it was to his last breath. For 7 years, he watched his only child grow up, unaware of his father, walking so close behind. As fate would have it, one day the child wondered into Silas's quarters, once. They struck up a conversation about horses.
And that's how it went for Silas. If he were the most important person to the Kingdom's fate, no one would ever know. They would know no more about "Jonathan Court" than they did of that night, 7 years ago.

And that suits him just fine.

-silence​

-children (not in a creepy way -_-)​

-springtime​

-horses

Dislikes:

-his job​

-himself​

-winter​

-light​

-politics

Fears:
Getting found out before he figures out who tried to have him killed; his son getting hurt.

Flaws:
He's gone a tad wanky in the head; fraught with paranoia and illogical thoughts. He also does not trust anyone. Once he's decided on something, he does not let it go or let his mind be swayed. He's living a life for the sole purpose of killing someone - yeah, he's got tons of flaws.

Talents:
Being sneaky (no one's found him out yet); patience/biding his time. That, and he plays a mean game of checkers.

Reactions: PandaChu
I wish to receive a word~

May I have a word with you?

Is this still going because omfg, this seems epic. o.o

So if you're still accepting, please lend me a word.

Is this still going because omfg, this seems epic. o.o

So if you're still accepting, please lend me a word.
Maybe we could mod the idea a bit, since the OP hasn't sent words for a couple weeks.

I'll give the person above me a word. The next will give me one and so on.

So if you like the idea, here's a word for you!

Ascent

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea. However i'm not sure if the Admins would approve of it. Regardless, i have not yet gotten a word, and for you.
@HummingWren
Dim

It's fine. We were just getting a bit worried if we were actually going to get a word or not.

Word: Balloon

Name: Serene Baron
Appearance: A small girl with brown hair and auburn eyes, usually runs around in oversized sweaters.
Personality: innocent to the fullest extent.
Hobbies: Collecting different colors of balloons and action figures.
Interests: Math and Art
Dislikes: Broccoli, mean people.
Fears: The dark, heights, thieves.
Flaws: Due to how innocent they are to the world, they are very gullible.
Talents: Singing and Drawing.
Bio: Just a normal young girl growing up in a fairly middle class family that collects balloons as birthday presents.

I would like to try if you're still giving out words :)

Last edited by a moderator: