Character names.

I have this collection of katakana and hiragana fridge magnets. Every time I need a character name that I can't get right off the bat, I throw random letters onto my fridge, and generate a name from there.

I try to think of a name that fits the context of the setting. Most of the time, I'd stick with existing names and surnames.

Now if I have special plans for that character, I'd go further and do a bit of research.

When I come up with names, I think up a personality first. After that, I go through word lists, usually a Latin one, and find something similar to that personality. Afterwards, I tend to switch letters in that word around to make them seem slightly more...name-y. So the names I make are really just describing who they are.

I usually have a easy time with names. It's fun for me, really! I usually dig through my favorite books and look up similar names to some in there, or ones with similar meanings. OR, I look through my name sites, most of which have been covered here already!

I... roll my face across the keyboard. All over it. Even get some numbers in there. Then I delete from there what won't fit. Add if I need to.

I wish I was joking. If the keyboard method doesn't work, I've actually gone so far as to stare up at my ceiling, and connect the dots on the spackle into something. Very rarely do I go for the baby name sites.

Google Translate. (Even if not the most accurate, it still is effective in this sense)
Put in a word that describes your character
Press Latin (Or your language of desire)
Then.. BOOM! Add some suffixes, maybe alter it a little, change the word for new results- and you got yourself a epic name.
(Ex: Character is a murderer, enter Kill, get occidere, fix it into Occidess for a female or Occide for a Male.)

I also have a baby names book, for less exotic characters.