Character Information: What do you want to know most?

Absyinthe_Artica

Creator of Worlds
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. One post per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Online Availability
Everyday
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Modern, Magical, Sc-fi, Horror, Steampunk, anything really
Hello folks! I am back again with a question for any to answer, if they feel inclined. Basically the question is; what is the most important character information, that you as a player, would want to know? So, for example; I have royalty in my roleplay, and I want to expand on their lore. As a player, what would you want to know about this said royalty, the most? What parts of a character would benefit or interest you to know the most? Thanks for reading! I hope to understand the main concepts of a character that a player would enjoy reading about most. ^.^

Physical descriptions.

I like to be able to mentally picture exactly (or close) what everyone's character looks like, and to be honest a picture is not enough. To me pictures are a rough visual estimate of what a character looks like/what you as the creator envisions. Said character may have a scar, birthmark, mole, piercing, tattoo, etc, that their image may not actually possess. I want to know all of that. Specific details like that give them a unique flare.

In addition to that I REALLY like to know characters heights. Does my character need to tilt their head downwards, or upwards when then speak directly to another in order to meet their gaze? How do all of the characters involved measure up? In the literal sense. I even go so far as to put said heights into a comparison generator that gives me a visual side by side image of exactly that.

• Love
Reactions: Absyinthe_Artica
Aside from what Nyx spoke about, I also really enjoy being given a character's internal and external motivation, as well as a character's long term and short term goals, along with their purpose. Why are they in that book? What is their importance? What are their goals? What motivates them to keep pushing forward to achieving whatever it is that they want?

• Love
Along with what Nyx and Isla said, I like to know the strengths and weaknesses of a character. What are they excellent at? What do they absolutely suck at? What do they handle just about as well as everybody else?

Morality is also a huge thing for me. I like to know what a character's morals are and how strictly they adhere to those morals and if they expect others to stick to the same standard.

• Love