Character Hair Color

What hair color do the majority of your characters have?

• Blonde

• Brown

• Black

• Red

• Vibrant dyed colors like blue, purple, etc

Results are only viewable after voting.

wren.

elegance is more important than suffering
Original poster
STAFF MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Slice-of-Life, Gothic, Horror, Fantasy
After a conversation with some friends, we realized that many of us tend to unintentionally lean toward creating characters with a specific hair color, which got me curious about the most popular hair color for characters here.

For my part, I tend to make blondes, despite my real-life preference for dark and red hair.

I also tend to make blondes. I was once blonde but now my hair is brown and gray T_T

• Love
Reactions: wren.
Hmm, I have characters with various color hair but I guess the dominate is brown. Though I do have a red head and a platinum blonde

• Love
For some reason either brown or dark gray??? Idk, I'm a blonde myself and have never made a blonde character somehow. Though I do have one with silver/white hair (no, he's not old, he's a robot)

• Love
Most of my characters have Brown, Black or Red hair... brown probably being the most common. I try not to feel bad about it cause most people in the world have brown or black hair anyway >:[ I rarely play blonds or people with dyed hair. Dunno why I dun do dyed hair though, cause I have plenty of charries that might be into it 🤔

• Love
Of the characters I can remember, it looks like most of them have various shades of brown hair. I think blonde and black are about equal, and then several characters with dyed hair, but I don't think I have any characters with natural red hair.

• Love
Usually black or brown because I don't think about appearances that much.

• Love
I don't know what to vote here cause I actually deliberately make it so that I have a balanced set of characters who have different colors of hair. If I feel like I'm picking one color in favor of the other, you can be sure that my next character would have the other color. I dunno. I just like mixing it up a lot XD

• Love
I'm prone to weebery, and my favorite colors for hair are purple and white.

• Love
I feel like I generally tend to make characters with black hair nowadays (though when I was younger I think I exclusively made blondes? LMAO). Something I've noticed is that I never make characters with brown hair? I dunno why I always forget that that's a possible option LOL

• Love
I diversify haircolors, even dyed ones. But I realized that I lean towards dark colors. Like deep purple, midnight/navy blue, dark grey, indigo, crimson... From the normal colors, I tend to do black or blonde. My favorites are midnight blue, lavender (I want to play someone with lavender hair ;-;), and white/platinum. I used to play a lot of brown-haired characters when I was a teenager, but now I just lighten them to taupe, sandy brown, ash... :o

• Love
Black or dark brown hair and then shades of brown are the most common with me. They seem to be the most common. I usually let myself be led with the art I found and plan to use. I rarely ever have anything other than a certain 'air' I want in a character.

• Love
Shades of brown, then blonde and black probably tie. But mostly just shades of brown. I used to write more redheads, but even then it was not much, and nowadays I've had a handful of characters with silver/grey/white hair, mostly bc of the settings I've been dealing with. It's become my replacement minority hair color since I almost never do redheads anymore. I never do characters with dyed hair for some reason. Possibly bc I mostly hate the way dying hair causes ppl to accumulate split ends.

I do intentionally do mostly brown though, bc 1. I don't want all my characters to be special snowflakes with special hair and 2. I don't want a majority of my characters to HAVE to be white since I can't think of any other people with non brown hair.

Last edited:
  • Love
Poor redheads getting left in the dust, it seems.

I try not to create characters with too many of one hair color. While I haven't counted, I'd like to think that brown, black, and blonde is fairly equal with many of them having dyed hair in some form or another.

A personal favorite though? Redheads. Especially if it is a brighter orange. Although, I try not to create too many due to how attached I get and how much art I suddenly have the urge to buy.

• Love