Character dump forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MiNaGi

Original poster
Okay I know, I know, the first thing I'm going to get here is "But we already have the character tab!"

But, like, it's probably not all of us, but a fair amount of us like to make use of coding when doing character sheets, and this is an extremely elaborate way. I feel that the character tab do not give the same opportunities for this, and I was a little disappointed.

Here on Iwaku there is an art portfolio forum... and I just thought "how nice would it be if I could dump characters in a forum like that", but I really don't think the character tab has added that much to my personal experience of Iwaku.

I don't know if this is just me, but I would like a forum in where to dump my characters. Right now I'm using the blog, but without the preview feature of posts it really isn't ideal for the purpose...

I usually post them in forums and then slap copy paste the entire thing into the blog. But I would honest to god prefer to have a forum dedicated to this, as I feel that the character tab didn't change anything...

Uhm, I dunno if this is just me getting all worked up on my own.

Eh, I don't think it's really necessary since blogs and the character gallery exist, but then it's not a difficult or complicated matter to add a new subforum so if there's some demand then we might as well allow it.

In the meantime, if you want somewhere to test your character sheet coding with the preview function, you can make a thread in the Test Chambers and use it as a sort of informal character dump. I would highly recommend backing up your character sheets on notepads/Word documents/whatever or in your blog if you do this though, because threads in the Test Chambers may eventually be archived.

Eh, I don't think it's really necessary since blogs and the character gallery exist, but then it's not a difficult or complicated matter to add a new subforum so if there's some demand then we might as well allow it.

In the meantime, if you want somewhere to test your character sheet coding with the preview function, you can make a thread in the Test Chambers and use it as a sort of informal character dump. I would highly recommend backing up your character sheets on notepads/Word documents/whatever or in your blog if you do this though, because threads in the Test Chambers may eventually be archived.
Would it also be alright to straight up post character sheets there, or only templates?

Would it also be alright to straight up post character sheets there, or only templates?
It's meant for whatever kind of coding testing you want, and that includes full sheets. Most of the posts I've looked at in the Test Chambers are full sheets.

It's meant for whatever kind of coding testing you want, and that includes full sheets. Most of the posts I've looked at in the Test Chambers are full sheets.
Full sheets but without the actual text on the character... well, I've made it now. It's going to be nice to finally have it all in the same place ^^"

Just an FYI, you can post full coded character sheets in the character tab by copying and pasting it under the Bio section ^.^ This is also how you create customized sheets if you don't want to use the preset attributes :3

Just an FYI, you can post full coded character sheets in the character tab by copying and pasting it under the Bio section ^.^ This is also how you create customized sheets if you don't want to use the preset attributes :3
I know, I know, I just don't like how it ends up looking? ;-;

I like to just be able to scroll through my characters...

Yeah same ^.^; Definitely not mobile friendly either but I thought it was worth mentioning. Personally, I think I'd prefer a forum over the tab too.

Yeah same ^.^; Definitely not mobile friendly either but I thought it was worth mentioning. Personally, I think I'd prefer a forum over the tab too.
For now, I'm getting around it by using the Test Chambers for a dump place

Then I can also update all of my old CS's with my new style and stuff like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.