Changing the Order of Things

She closed her eyes as he fed from her. I think you would only get mad at me. She thought, hesitating whether or not to tell him.

He stopped drinking and looked up at her

" im not so tell me"

She sighed, looking into his eyes. "Well...Once we get our ten humans worth of blood and get that power drink made...I...was...well, thinking I would offer myself up. As bait to lure them out." She watched him, waiting his reaction.

He looked shocked and then his face was blank

"i..i cant..you could die"

She took his face in her hands. "I know Ryder but it may be the only thing that will bring them out. I have broken one of the top most laws, being with you." She sighed and let go of him. "Besides, they wouldn't kill me right away anyway."

He looked at her weak for a moment

"f..fine just promise me you'll be ok"

She looked up at him, hesitant.

"I won't promise I will be alright, but I can promise you I love you no matter what happens."

She gave him a smile, trying to reasure him.

He sat up and looked at the wall and then turned and leaned kissing her lips softly

ill always love you

She smiled a little against his lips. And I you. She thought, sighing. She had never before seen the council, though she had heard many stories from others and she involintarily shuddered.

He stopped the kiss and got up leaning his head on the wall

" we better get those 5 people's blood"

She sighed and reluctantly sat up, running a hand through her hair. "I suppose so." She said, and got up and went to the closet.

he threw on his jeans a t shirt and pulled a black hoodie over his head then put his sneakers on and walked out the room

Nika picked out some clothes and dressed as well, heading out after Ryder. She blinked several times in the dying sunlight, her eyes slowly adjusting after being indoors for so long. Do you need to feed first? She thought to him.

He stopped and turned

yea i do

He leaned down and kissed her neck before sinking his fangs into her neck and began to drink

She closed her eyes as he fed, letting him drink however much he needed.

He continued to drink for a moment and then stopped and licked her neck watching it heal, he;d wipe his face and then take her hand

"lets go"

She nodded and followed, letting him lead the way. "We're going to need something to put the blood in." She said as she let him pull her along.

" i have a jar im going to get from the car "

he walked out the house and opened the car door pulling out a jar then closed his eyes for a long moment

" bum about a mile away"

She nodded. "Alright. We'll start with them first then." She said, trying to figure out a way they would extract their blood without causing to much of a ruckas.

He walked a mile until he saw the bum and he picked him up dragging him into the woods looking at him his eyes a dark red almost black he felt his slayer instincs come back

" may i have some blood?"

The bum nodded slowly as if in a trance