Changing Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=#000000]Hamilton[/BCOLOR]

Hamilton had been stuck in this one room for hours now, having nearly fallen asleep several times as he glances occasionally at the dragonkin. He frowns, and raises a finger to speak. "Don't even bother, I'm still going to interrupt you." The dragonkin spoke, as Hamilton lowers his hand and grumbles to himself. The things he did for power, he thought. "Bah, dinner manners? Seriously?" The dragonkin huffs. "Why should eating have anything special treated to it? We eat, so why cover it up?" Hamilton rubs his forehead and shakes his head. He was going to be here a while it seemed.​

Scarlett looked around the area noticing no-one else was out yet. Figuring she'd go hunting as she had planned before to kill some time, she turned back to the house to see if Cadoc was outside already.​

"See them yet?" Cadoc asked coming out of the house.

"Not really." Scarlett said, her stomach growled a little, complaining about the lack of food. "I was thinking I should go hunting, but I might need someone to watch my back." she adds trying to pretend she didn't hear her stomach growl just then.

"Maybe they are still sleeping we should see if we can wake them up."

"I'd say let them sleep for a bit." Scarlett said, she figured it may be a good idea to wait an hour or so before waking everyone else up. She'd be sleeping too if it wasn't for the fact that she was rather hungry right now.

"What if something happens while we are away."

"It's not like we're going too deep into the woods." Scarlett told him, it wasn't as if she planned to bring back a banquet or anything, a meal or two, or perhaps just enough meals to feed everyone here would do it, that is if she got that lucky.

"Even so we do have the authorites after after us they may get them while we are gone."

"Namely, they're after you, so I wouldn't think they'd think too much of the rest of them." Scarlett said with a sigh, she didn't mind if she too was caught up in this mess, she just wanted some food really.

"Acomplices, they still may but apprehended."

"Look, we won't be gone for long, we just need to get a little food that's all." Scarlett said a little exasperated "You could stay behind if you really want to, but I'm going off to get us some breakfast." she said stubburnly.

"Alright, dont go to far off, ill watch over them."

Scarlett nodded before she began walking off into the woods. Cadoc could really be stubborn himself about these things sometimes, and unfortunately that's exactly what ended up getting them into trouble. At the same time, he seemed to hold his own just fine, it was something to be admired really. She shook her head a little as she thought about it.

As the Scarlett and Cadoc had been talking outside, Isaac slowly began to awaken, forcing himself up to his feet. "H-how long have I been napping?" He asked tiredly.

"A few hours, Isaac." Ameria said.

". . .We need to get moving!" Isaac said, surprised.

Amaria didn't have much to pack, so she nods, leading Isaac to the rest of the group. "Ready when you are Isaac."

Isaac follows Amaria outside and spoke to Cadoc. "Where is Scarlett?"

"She just left to go out hunting." He said pointing to the direction she had left in.

"Darn it. We're behind, we need to get moving."

"She only just left we should be able to catch her."

"We can't just leave our rides unattended to."

"Whoevers the fastest should go after her."

"Not much we can do about it. We just gotta stay and wait..."

"If there are no volunteers I'll go."

"You should of just gone first then."

Scarlett spotted a strange, chicken like creature in the woods, it looked to be edible and she managed to spear it with relative ease.
Unfortunately since the forest was too close to civilization, Scarlett wasn't able to find anything else, or at least anything edible. The berry bushes around the area were either picked clean or unedible. She plucked the chicken creature thing from her spear and held it in her free hand as she began to head back to Cadoc and the others. Then, just as Isaac was speaking, Scarlett showed up a little surprised that everyone was out already. "Well... I got us breakfast." She said, holding out the only thing she had managed to catch. She was feeling a little awkward as she realized she had probably kept everyone waiting.

"Well I guess it doesnt matter now." Cadoc said matter of factly.

Isaac sighs. "Can you make it while we travel?"

"I guess we could save it for later... Anyone have a bag I can borrow?" Scarlett asked knowing she would be able to travel better with their food not dangling out in the open for all the carnivores to see.

"Salt it and put it in my bag." Cadoc said holding out his bag.

"Well... We'll do that later, we haven't even plucked this thing yet." Scarlett said just simply dropping it into Cadoc's bag. The thing was covered with some strange looking feathers but other than that it just looked like a large chicken.

"Alright then, I'm ready to leave when you are Issac." Said Cadoc as he closed up his bag and threw it over his back.

"Let's move then." Isaac moved back to the Blopsaur and hops on his.

Cadoc jumped onto his Blopsaur ungracefully.

Amaria jumps on her extra large Blopsaur and is ready to ride.

Scarlett just casually climbed onto her own blopsaur, she wondered just how much further they were going to ride these things.

Isaac shivers, almost being crushed. "L-Let's ride."

The blopsaur's move out of the small town and ride off. But it isn't long before they reach the end of the desert, and are forced to leave the Blopsaur to head back home. Now they walked into the plains of Centora, the most normal looking place in the country.

Amaria hopes her hulking crimson body doesn't draw attention to them.

Cadoc stretches out after riding the Blopsaur for so long "Glad I can finnaly stretch out my legs."

As Scarlett walked with the others in the plains of Centora, she felt a little out of place... She was used to the dense foliage and numerous exotic creatures which often roamed the forests of Kinjun. It made her wonder how often her sister had traversed places like these.

Isaac stops as he takes in a deep breath. He didn't want to do this with others around, but he felt he had no choice. Closing his eyes, knowing they'd be useless in a bit, he focuses on his gauntlet as the stone shines brightly like a star before the sound begins to emit itself. Although the other three couldn't hear it like Isaac could, they still saw their vision begin to get wavey, the effects of the sound played with their senses.

"w-what are you doing Issac" asked Cadoc, visibly confused

Scarlett's vision was beginning to get blurry, at first she thought it was something to do with the heat from the sun before she realized it shouldn't be like this in the plains. Looking at the others she spots Isaac who's stone was shining as bright as a star forcing her to turn away from it before it blinded her "What's going on?" She asked hearing Cadoc express his own confusion not too far from her.

Amaria began to shake her head to resist the effect, before she realized it was coming from somewhere. "Ugh...when I find whats doing this im gonna kick it in the teeth..."

Just as quickly as it began, it stopped an Isaac ha opened his eyes. "I found something moving up ahead. We can use it to get to Vertice in half an hour."

"What is it?" Cadoc asked.

Scarlett just nodded still a little confused about what had happened, however she just hoped whatever he had located using his stone wasn't going to be too hard to handle.

Amaria grits her teeth. "Ow...what the hell was that?"

"Sound. It does not see, only listen." Isaac moves towards where the object moving was.

"Quite a cryptic answer." Says Cadoc following along.

"I guess it's a form of sonar?" Scarlett suggested, she knew a few creatures who used abilities similar to that to navigate, much like the drillers who had inhabited the deserts.

To Amaria, it suddenly clicks. But she had an oath to keep. She dare not say a word. "If you say so. Lets move on."

After a few more minutes, they see a carriage moving along ahead. Being pulled by... Well, it looked like something. "Wait!" Isaac shouts as he runs after it.

Cadoc runs with Issac "What is it?" he repeated.

Scarlett rushed after Isaac rather confused what the carriage was being pulled by, whatever it was it looked rather large in size and it didn't seem safe to run too close to it.

Amaria follows, being able to easily keep up due to her long legs.

Isaac moves beside the carriage as it stops, the creatures up front hidden by a black sheet. The driver looks to them with a strange black helmet on. "Excuse me, but, we need a ride to Vertice and fast." The driver does not respond. ". . .Okay? Is that a yes or a no?" The driver remains staring. ". . .Hello?" At that moment, the driver suddenly has a knife slide out of it's sleeve, catching it and quickly raising it's arm, ready to throw the dagger into Isaac's eye!

"Look out!" yells Cadoc as he tosses the bag at the driver.

Scarlett raised her spear as she caught sight of the blade the driver had just produced. "What the hell's that for?" She asked just as a bag was tossed at the driver.

Amaria jumps in front, having unsheathed her forgemaul and having begun to bring it down on the man's head. She didnt care who he was, he took a knife to Isaac. That means he was a threat.

"Dont swing you might hit someone!" Cadoc shouted

"GOOD!" Retorted Ameria just before she brought down her forgemaul.

As the bag is thrown in the driver's face, it is caugh unaware of Amaria's forgemaul and is smashed down, breaking he carriage in the process. Quickly, shadowy creatures shriek out and escape from the black sheet, vanishing into whatever shadows they can find. Isaac kneels down by the driver and removes one of it's gloves, revealing a symbol briefly to them before the body fades away. Isaac suddenly grows pale, and nearly collapses. ". . .Oh no."

Blake The Destroyer: "You could have killed one of these innocent villagers, you should be more careful!"

"What the..." Scarlett mutters under her breath, whatever those things were, it seemed that Isaac was well aware of the identity of the cab driver.

"Oh shit...be ready. Dont let your guard down. PERIOD." Ameria exclaims.

Isaac stands up, not saying a word. He just begins to move ahead, he looked very tense right now.

"were you going Issac" says Cadoc turning his attention towards his companion

Something about their surroungs now sent a chill down Scarletts spine. "What was... That?" She asked to no-one in particular gesturing around to the broken parts which had once made up the carriage.

Hamilton

As the dragonkin continued to take his time, to which Hamilton began to believe was to get back at him, a knock came on the door. Hamilton, mentally thanking the moons for this, rises up and goes to the door, opening it to find a Merchant standing there. "Sir, I am sorry to disturb you."

"Do not apologize, I have been rather busy at the current time." Hamilton quickly gives a certain look to the dragonkin, who huffs a little as he keeps reading, before Hamilton turns back to look at the Merchant. "What do you have to report?"

"Well, sir." The Merchant hands him a letter. "This came for you earlier." Hamilton takes it and looks it over, smiling to himself as his eyes found a certain mark that confirmed things were well.

"Thank you, you are dismissed." The Merchant bows and rushes off, Hamilton closing the door slowly and heads back to his seat. The dragonkin, for once curious in hours, turns to look at Hamilton as he opens the letter.

"And what exactly makes you so happy to get a piece of written paper?" The dragonkin asks.

"Oh, I don't think you need to know." Hamilton smirks as he reads. "It's just business, after all."
Everything is moving into position as you said it would, sir. First of all, I would like to congratulate you on your recent promotion, a most excellent thing to have heard. The next is, I am honored to have been selected by you for the task that you have granted me and so many others.

As you have requested, we have tested the theory you sent to us, and it was a major success! The stones truly will help end The Blind Time! And on top of that, the red stones don't just work on other stones, they work on Roller's, too! We tested them out on so many things, and they work in the place of fuel! We could not be more happy right now to have helped in such a huge life-changing discovery, and it is all thanks to you!

By the time you have read this, we will already have sent the completed product your way. We hope you like the results as much as we did, and hope to continue to be of use to you in the events to come! We also have done as you requested, since the project was a major success, and sent word already to merchants everywhere. We do hope you will be doing as you said, and nothing gets in the way, you would have a lot of saddened fans! May Her grace guide you to further success, Wiltsworth!
Sincerely, Erirmeath.

Vertice Group

Isaac and the others had been traveling for quite some time now, and while they had not spotted anymore assassin's, they could not find Vertice in sight either.

Scarlett looked around noting that their destination was still not to be seen around and turned to Isaac "How far do you think we still have?" She asked, wondering to herself if they were even going the right way.

"Cant be too much longer, we have been walking for a while" Cadoc said.

"I haven't been to Vertice before." Isaac said.

"Its alright. I haven’t been there in forty years, so I don’t remember much about it at all." Amaria said.

Scarlett sighed "You're not the only one then... You think whatever you did with that stone of yours back there would help?" she suggested after a moment of thinking.

"Same here, but were almost there, I hope." Cadoc said.

"No. If it's too far, I'll use up my remaining power and we'll have gotten nowhere. Plus, over-exposure to this tends to have... Long side-effects." Isaac stated.

"I guess we can't do much but keep walking then... Hope we're going the right way." Scarlett said her voice growing a little quieter than it usually did. She was worrying about her sister like she usually did if she wasn't able to meet up with her for a while.

"Maybe Amiria could throw us there." Joked Cadoc

"Yes, I can imagine it now. Squished like a bug." Isaac commented.

"Even I'm not -that- strong." Amaria smiled. "Onwards we go."

"Stronger then any of us." Cadoc said.

Scarlett shook her head with a smile. "I don't think we'd make such a soft landing even if we did somehow get there." She said, looking a little less gloomy than she was before.

"Neither of you have special powers?" Isaac asked.

"Hardly, just a guy with a big sword that knows how to swing it." Cadoc said.

"I wish I do sometimes... All I have is my stone." Scarlett said, she sounded a little embarrassed about it.

"So Cadoc doesn't care... But elaborate a little more for me, Scar." Isaac said.

"I use my stone for hunting mostly, it's all that I've found use for." Scarlett explained, she wasn't really aware of anything else she could use her own stone for yet. It had seldom been used except to penetrate the tougher hides of the more durable prey out there in the Kinjun forests.

"So why do you want more?"

"It's not that I want more... Sometimes I wish I could at least have the ability to know if my sister was safe or not." Scarlett said smiling wryly and shaking her head a little. Perhaps for future reference she could do with not talking so much; she sometimes gave off the wrong impression that way.

"Well i guess we will both have to make up for it in skill." Cadoc said.

Isaac seemed to pause for a moment. "Maybe there's a way."

Suddenly Scarlett looked a little more eager than she had been before. "There is?" She asked trying her best to keep herself from sounding too overjoyed.

"Don’t these things usually come with an ironic side effect." Cadoc said.

Scarlett looked over at Cadoc when she heard what he said and shrugged a little "It's a risk I'm willing to take, I just need to know what those side effects are."

"As far as I'm aware, there aren't any." Isaac said.

Scarlett nodded turning her attention back to Isaac for the time being, she wasn't about to give this opportunity up. Isaac takes a hold of his gauntlet and removes it, showing her the strange arrow-like mark embedded into the back of his hand. "I don't know how, but I do know that for whatever reason, this is the source of my sound abilities. I found the gauntlet with a note on it, it told me to use this to keep my inhumane abilities under control, and to never use them without it." Isaac puts the gauntlet back on.

Looking at the strange mark on his arm Scarlett frowns a little deep in thought. "I don't see how this will tell me how my sister's doing though..." She said a little confused.

"You could come with me to find the origins of this mark. Apparently, my brother knows a lot about it."

"I guess so... You think we'd be safer there?" Scarlett asked, perhaps it would be the best way to figure out where her sister was.

"I personally would not trust this, magic rarely brings good fortune." Cadoc said.

Scarlett shook her head "It's worth a shot." she said simply.

"I'll look on ahead, sounds like you two have some things to talk over." Isaac hurries on ahead.

"Leave magic to the wizards, if your truly strong you don’t need magic powers to get ahead." Cadoc said. "Let them be cowards."

Scarlett felt her face turn red just a little as Isaac ran ahead, but she knew this conversation she was having was about to become an argument. "My family has plenty of wizards, they're strong, but in a different way, they have stronger minds than bodies." She said looking towards the direction Isaac had hurried off ahead to.

"To each there own" Said Cadoc, prideful in his warrior ways

Scarlett just shook her head with another smile, sure he seemed a little arrogant at first glance, but he certainly did have alot of pride in what he did. "Don't get me wrong though... You're not too shabby yourself." She said patting him lightly on the shoulder before she rushed ahead to where Isaac was.

"Have you thought it over?" Isaac asked.

Scarlett nods "I'm still willing to take a risk, for my sister." She said without hesitation

"You do not mind the company then?"

Scarlett just shrugged "Not really." she said figuring she would be better off with others to watch her back. It wasn't a big deal, but she was more accustomed to being on her own.

"Very well then."

Scarlett turned back to see where Cadoc was now slowing down her pace a little so he could catch up. "See anything up ahead, I really hope we are almost there." Cadoc said.

"I do see something. . ." Isaac stated.

"What is it?" Scarlett inquired curiously, she looked up ahead at where Isaac had been looking to see if she could spot whatever it was.

Isaac points ahead... To where Vertice was rising in the distance.

"Finally!" Cadoc shouts.

Looking towards the direction Isaac was pointing, her eyes landed on Vertice "I guess we were going the right way after all." Scarlett said looking a little sheepish about doubting if they were going the right way.

As they reach the gate, a person could be seen waiting for them, although his identity couldn't be made out. "Travelers?"

Scarlett narrowed her eyes trying to see who that person might be "Might want to be careful..." She said lowering her voice a little.

"We are." Isaac said.

"Excellent. Then, perhaps you'd like a tour?" The man asks.

"I think we should be able to find our way around alright without one." Cadoc says, looking towards his companions.

"Maybe..." Scarlett said frowning a little, as much as a tour might benefits them, she wasn't so sure she should trust this person in particular.

"Eh, I'll be fine with Amaria. These two need a tour though." Isaac points to them.

"Very well." Isaac hands the person a bag of stones, which he happily accepts.

Scarlett was still a little uneasy about this whole situation, and a bit embarrassed too to say the least, but she just nods at what Isaac said.

"Very well, though i doubt he will be needed, we could probably get by fine with a map." Cadoc suggests.

"Unfortunately, most maps in stores were recently stolen or burnt." The man states.

"What's up with that?" Scarlett asks wanting to inquire further, this was definitely a curious development around here.

"This seems a bit suspicious, almost like this situation would force a guide on us." Cadoc said.

Scarlett elbowed Cadoc quickly before he could say more and turned towards him briefly putting a finger on her lips. If this were a bad situation, it wouldn't be wise to start speaking up about it in front of a potential threat.

"No idea. That's why I am here." The man said.

"I mean we are not in a situation were we should be going around trusting people, especially in suspicious situations like this" Said Cadoc, being a bit dense.

"Well, what's the worst that could happen." Scarlett said throwing up her hands a little in frustration, she figured if they were caught in a sticky situation, they shouldn't have too much trouble getting out of it. However she wasn't about to follow that tour guide anywhere suspicious.

"Assassins."

Isaac enters into the city with Amaria as the two bicker.

"Well I guess we could probably kill him if he was, but he looks like an honest man. Though that would make him a good assassin." Cadoc says.

Scarlett sighs "In that case, we'll just watch each other's backs." She said a little exasperated, though she felt that Cadoc might be at a bigger risk of being targeted, he most likely had a bounty on his head by now.

"Very well, so were should we go first tour guide."

"By the way.." The man says.

"Yeah?" Cadoc asks.

The guide pulls out a wanted poster of Cadoc, although his illustration was made more threatening and demonic. "Have either of you seen this man? His head is apparently worth five thousand stones!"

Cadoc jumps a bit after seeing the poster "Im afraid i have not" he lies, a little obviously

"I don't think so..." Scarlett said frowning a little pretending to scrutinize that poster. She found it a little funny how much differently they drew him, however it also worked to their advantage; it made the real Cadoc harder to recognize.

"You sure? Your friend sounds scared." The guide said.

"Im sure i just remembered i forgot to bring all of my gold with me" Blatantly lied Cadoc.

"Well... It's not like the pictures very comforting." Scarlett explained keeping her voice as casual as possible.

The man puts the poster away and enters into the gate. "Okay then."

"Where to?" Scarlett asked looking around quite clearly unfamiliar with this particular city.

"Just follow me and I'll show you." The guide says.

"Alright" Says Cadoc as he walks to/with(depending if he has started moving or not) the guide

Scarlett just nodded slowly following the tour guide at a relatively good distance away from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rican had been walking for a few days and his pack was lighter than it was when he left the previous town. He had merely a few days of food left and he needed to resupply, but he was tired of sleeping on a cold hard ground and desired to sleep in a nice warm bed. he saw a group of individuals that stuck out to him particularly the Fire giant. He had not seen many of them before and the man next to it and begins to stare on accident.

Cadoc and Scarlett

Cadoc moves over towards the guide "So where are you taking us first?" Scarlett followed behind quietly looking around occasionally checking for any potential threats.

"You already asked me this, sir."

"Oh sorry, i must have lost my train of thought."

"Now, we are going to be taking a little trip through..." The guide stops, looking around for someone. "Blast him, where is he? I told him to be here by this time!"

"Who is 'he'?"

"I was about to ask the same thing." Scarlett said looking around trying to see if she could spot anyone.

"My driver, of course! He usually shows up here to help with the tours!"

"We could just walk." Suggested Cadoc

"You think he's busy with something else?" Scarlett asked raising an eyebrow, she didn't show it, but she was a little on edge about this.

"Too big to just walk, sir. And he better not be!"

"I'm sure it will be fine." Scarlett sighed a little.

"Well... Since we're already taking the tour, let's go look for him." She suggested.

"That works too."

"No, it can't be..." As he began, a roller is seen coming in from the distance. "Ah, there he is now. He's going a little fast though..."

"Hey slow down there!" Shouted Cadoc hoping to get the drivers attention.

"I think I'll go check out what's going on..." Scarlett said starting to walk towards that Roller, something about the way it was moving seemed... Off to her. The roller suddenly speeds up, heading straight for Scarlett!

"Look out!"

"Shit!' Scarlett yelled leaping out of the way using her spear as a vault to gain more distance. The roller crashes into a wall, suddenly exploding and it's remains igniting.

"Oh, my goodness!"

"Great driver you had there." Scarlett elbowed Cadoc a little harder this time.

"What the hell happened to him..." She said scanning through the wreckage to see if she could see anything helpful.

"I... I need to report this to someone!" The guide suddenly runs off.

"I doubt that." There seemed to be a lot of flaming debris around but Scarlett knew better than to dig around in them. If anything, she'd look like the culprit and would end up with some burn hands. However if she could just spot something, anything, that could tell them just what happened to the driver, that would be beneficial. "Hold up guide!" Unfortunatly, the guide was already speeding on ahead... But Scarlett can see something drop out of the remains. Scarlett walked forwards just a little bit to see what the object was, perhaps it was something that belonged to the driver? It looked small, yet it had blood covering the top of it. "What is it?" Said Cadoc making his way over to the debris next to Scarlett

"Not... Sure." Scarlett said walking closer to it, she wondered if she should pick it up. In the distance, they could hear the sound of creatures being ridden over towards the scene they were at. Only barley taking note on the sound Cadoc goes over and takes a close look at what dropped out of the remains

"Damn." Scarlett whispered tearing off a strip of cloth from her clothing and picking up the object with it, wrapping it up for the time being. "We'll see what that thing is once we get out of here." Scarlett explained, she wasn't entirely sure if it was the authorities coming, but she would prefer not to wait and see. The noises only got louder, as they could see figures moving in the distance. "Let's go!" Scarlett whispered hooking one arm around his and dragging him along. She was still holding onto that wrapped up object so it was a little harder than it normally would have been

"What are you doing?"

"I have a bad feeling about whoever's coming towards us... We need to hide." Scarlett whispered continuing to move looking for a place they could hide in for the time being.

"We could take them."

"Not while I've got one hand full." Scarlett replied, she didn't have time for this right now.

"Well we should find out what they are up to then." Scarlett spotted a decent hiding place; an alley that seemed to be dark enough to hide them. Thankfully, no-one shady was lurking around there, she pulled Cadoc towards it and managed to duck behind it.

"Alright, you keep an eye on them, I'll go see what the hell it is that I just picked up." Scarlett whispered. Cadoc peered over the corner looking towards the area they were just in. Scarlett started to carefully unwrap the object she had picked up, she noticed some of the blood that had been on it had seeped through. The object in question was... A knife. The knife looked masterfully made too, it was far too majestic to have been crafted by ordinary people. On the handle was the same symbol they had seen on the man before... But this was when a voice could be heard.

"Spread out!" One of the men on the strange tall creatures shouts.

"They're coming out looking for us." The symbol sent a chill down Scarlett's spine... What did it mean? And why did it always pop up after something was destroyed... She looked at Cadoc speaking softly now.

"We need to get out of here..." Scarlett whispered, she examined the knife again, someone had killed the driver with this knife, someone who was most likely involved with that cart driver they'd encountered earler...

"I'm thinking the same thing, I'd rather not get a bigger bounty on my head after fighting some of these guys." Scarlett looked further down the Alley trying to see if the other end of it was occupied too. It should lead to the other side of the buildings they were hiding in between if it wasn't already blocked off. It is, unfortunatly, too dark to tell. Scarlett motioned for Cadoc to follow sticking to the sides of the alley, she hoped the darkness would be enough to conceal them. Cadoc made followed Scarlett, drawing his sword. Scarlett remembered the knife she had been holding onto and wrapped it up again as she was moving. She tried to make as little noise as possible. "See anything up ahead?" The noise of the creatures quickly passes by them, and soon falls silent. "I think they are leaving."

"We should look for Isaac, Amelia's got to be around too... This town isn't safe anymore." Scarlett said quietly, she continued down the alley until they got close to the other side keeping herself in the shadows again for now looking out for any more of those creatures.

"Good plan, they cant be too hard to find." The darkness starts to engulf over them as they head into it, the noises long gone by now as soon, they can no longer see clearly.

"Any idea on how to light this place up?"

"We could head back... Unless you've got a torch or something." Scarlett offered looking back at the way they came from.

"I don't have anything, I think we may want to turn back." Scarlett sighed turning around, she began to walk back making sure Cadoc was still following.

"Yeah... Not gonna take any chances." She said starting to regret coming down the alley.

"Better then to stumble around blindly, good think Amira is so big though, it shouldn't be hard to spot her out of a crowd. Scarlett just nodded as she trudged on through the alley hoping they'd reach the end soon. They shouldn't be too far from it now. A chuckle can be heard once they walk out.

"Who's there!?" Announces Cadoc, holding his sword out in front of him. Scarlett turned around half expecting to see that figure from the carriage again, she gripped her spear tightly, a habit she always had whenever she felt there was a threat around.

"What are you two called?" The voice asks.

"Why do you want to know?" Scarlett asked, rather confused.

"Show yourself!"

"Those are boring names for me to call you by." Scarlett sighed.

"I'm Scarlett." She said a little exasperated.

"Get out of your hiding spot or ill break your jaw!" Scarlett elbows Cadoc again.

"You don't want a repeat of that last situation... Do you?" She told him rather curtly.
"How was i supposed to know hitting someone was illegal, I've hit lots of people and not got in trouble for it." Scarlett sighed facepalming a little.

"Just... Don't push it." She warned him.

"Fine, get out of your hiding place or ill scold you harshly."

"Scarlett... And from your conversation just now, that must be the wanted man Cadoc."

"Great now he might turn us in to the guard!"

"What do you want?" Scarlett asked, she didn't want to sound hostile, but at the same time, their current situation wasn't exactly the best to be in.

"Scarlett... It's a pity you got stuck with such an unusual crowd. You are powerless compared to the bravery, power and confidence they portray. While you, Cadoc, are idiotic, barbaric and rely heavily on strength instead of the mind. You are better off isolating yourself from others, you will only endanger these people if you continue to stay with them."

"O yeah, well what makes you so smart!"

"Stop trying to play with our emotions, just tell us... Who the hell are you?" Scarlett asked trying to keep her cool. The truth is, she knew she wasn't nearly as capable as the rest of the group... But she didn't care, it was better than being stuck bored out of her mind with nothing new to face.

"You two are perfect together sometimes. Both of you are weak, are just the reprsentations of humanity that can be. Well, maybe if you two wish to grow, you will listen to my words now. If you head to a small little fighting tournament that will be soon, you shall have the answers to my identity, the assassins who are after one of you and the chance to become something... Greater. The prize for winning is worth it, I assure you."

"And why would we trust a mysterious voice, coming from an unknown area, in an abandoned alleyway!" Scarlett frowned, the thought of new competition tempted her... But first, she needed to find the others. She wasn't so sure it was the best idea.

"I'll... Think about it, for now, we need to go." She concluded. The voice only chuckles.

"Great reasoning there, you convinced me. maybe if you didn't hide like a little coward i would be more willing to trust you!" Scarlett elbowed Cadoc for the 4th time.

"Let's just get the hell out of here... We need to find the others." She whispered dragging him along, she didn't know where Isaac not Amelia was, but they should be able to find them soon enough.

"Stop elbowing me, your acting like its a bad idea not to trust him!"

"I'm just asking you not to piss him off..." Scarlett said with a sigh.

"We will be long gone before it can alert the guard!"

"You've seen those creepy ass things in that carriage... Right? I'd rather not have another encounter with them." Scarlett said shuddering a little before continuing on.

"If he were dangerous he wouldn't hide like a coward!" Said Cadoc, emphasizing the 'hide like a coward' bit

"Even if that's the case... You're already infamous enough." Scarlett said stopping to look around now wondering if she could see anyone even remotely familiar around.

"Not like someone saying they saw me would make it any worse." said Cadoc, following along. Unfortunately, Scarlett could see that they were nowhere where they were before. Constant people moving, constant roller's moving, constant creatures moving... It made the place feel larger than it actually was. "Look up and we should be able to find them." Joked Cadoc. Scarlett glanced up figuring she'd try it anyways and shook her head with a smile.

"They're not around here... Where do you think they went off do?" She asked.

"We could ask around for a giant." Scarlett smiled a little with a slight laugh.

"They'd think we're crazy." She said continuing on.

"Well I'm sure a few of them noticed a giant with fire for hair walking by." Scarlett just nodded, she knew she was running out of options.

Reactions: ☆Luna☆
Hamilton

Once again, Hamilton had been silent, waiting for the dragonkin to finish. However, Hamilton felt boredom finally push in, and his eyes close slowly in an attempt to pull him into slumber. The Dragonkin tossed the book. "I am finished." Hamilton instinctively catches it, opening his eyes as he places the book down.

"Good. Show me an example, just so I know you weren't skimming." The Dragonkin narrows his eyes.

"Do you doubt me?"

"Not at all. But I need to know so it won't look bad on any of us." Vokurii then simply bows.

"As you wish..." he barely manages to keep himself from snarling "Sir." Hamilton chuckles as he puts a hand on his face. A twisted grin spread on his face, revealing to Vokurii the darker side of Hamilton. Then, as if not wanting to be caught revealing this side to anyone else, the grin fades as the chuckle dies down, Hamilton rises up to his feet and slowly claps.

"Bravo, hehehe, bravo. This will do nicely, hehehehe~" Vokurii snaps.

"Laugh at me again and its the last breath you'll take." He seems incredibly angry under his even and calm voice however. Hamilton smirks wickedly, as he stares Vokurii right in the eyes... And Vokurii suddenly sees, as if looking into Hamilton's soul, a demoinc presence overtake him. Something about Hamilton felt sinister, for the first time, maybe even.... Evil. Inhumane. Disturbing.

"Now, now... It was only to see if you had it. I just can't stop thinking of what I can do now that you stand by my side." Vokurii surprisingly laughs at this.

"I see now. I see your eyes, and the true man you are. You're no different than me." A ranged grin came to his face. "Now do you have an actually demanding job of me or are you gonna keep training me like some damned housepet?"

"I do have a job for you." In just a second, Hamilton composes himself, moving a hand through his hair, the twisted grin back to a simple line, and his eyes hiding his true intentions. "I already have made a list for you, after seeing a sample of your power." Hamilton takes out a piece of paper, handing it to Vokurii. "These are several smaller towns that are a bit of a problem. The areas and locations they are at hold caves that could contain other stones and gems. I want these towns gone, so that we Merchants can take the places over." Vokurii nods, grinning.

"Multiple towns? Youre too kind." He then says "All of them shall be extinguished within the week."

"Good. Make sure no one ambushes us as well. I want more types of stones found, soon we will launch a great campaign across Centora to find more."

"Very well. I shall hunt the hunters...down to the last man."

"You may leave whenever you wish."

"Then as soon as I have supplies consider me gone."

"Excellent~"

Isaac

Rican continues to look at the two perplexed at the pair. Isaac, taking no notice, continues to walk as he looks around the area.

"I really wish someone hadn't destroyed those maps." Rican walks forward towards the human.

"...Hold up. I hear movement." Amaria states.

Isaac stops. "Where?" Rican could be seen walking as he wasn't hiding himself

Amaria points to Rican. "A dwarf. Maybe not the most sophisticated race, but they are mountain-brothers with the Fire Giants."

Rican noticed the Giant pointing at him and stops, "Yes?"

"Who are you?" She gets defensive. Mountain Brother or not, she had a job to do. Isaac simply watches Rican for now.

Rican bows his head. "Rican Mineshadow, and you might be?"

"Amaria Cinderskin. What are you doing approaching us, Mountain Brother?"

"Isaac." Isaac throws out as the two chat.

"It is uncommon to see such a pair roaming the lands, and I was wondering how you two met if you don't mind me asking."

Amaria glares at him. "I am his bodyguard." She didnt like that the dwarf was asking such personal questions.

Rican merely nods "I was just curious, I'll take my leave." he then turns to leave.

Amaria thinks //O...kay...odd.// she shrugs it off. "I hate to be so paranoid of a mountain brother...but it comes with the job."

Rican walks away thinking "That was interesting." proceeding to the market.

"Is that it...?" Isaac asks.

"I guess so..." Amaria replied. Rican realised he had no clue where the market and stopped looking around slightly confused.

"What's he doing...?"

"He looks lost."

". . .Should we help?"

"I am inclined to follow you, Isaac. I keep telling you this."

"I am not asking you that, I am asking on your opinion!"

"And I am telling you its your choice." Rican scratches his head a moment and starts to dig in his bag

Isaac groans and heads over towards Rican. "Hey. Do you need help?" Amaria simply follows, standing vigil as always.

Rican looks at Isaac "Don't trouble yourself with a dwarf mate I should find my way eventually."

"No, it's fine. I can help, really."

Rican sighs while looking up at the man "I seem to not know where the market, but again you need not trouble yourself with me... Isaac was it?"

"Yeah, I can show you where it is."

Rican nods "Alright if you insist."

"Alright. We should look ahead when we get the chance."

Amaria feels slightly bad now. She catches the dwarfs attention and kneels, offering a hand. "I apologize for my actions. You understand security measures and all that."

Rican takes the hand "Do not apologize, I was all to personal."

"Anyways, the market? We can show you the way." Rican nods.

"Let's move then." Isaac says. Rican will follow them. Amaria follows behind, looking about and at the dwarf, seeing how he carries himself. She had a bit of a gift to tell what kind of person people were by how they walked and carried themselves. Rican walked with his shoulders up but a slow step, and his face seemed troubled. and sad. Amaria frowned. She would have to ask him what the trouble was if he stuck around. It would be nice to have a Mountain Brother around. They soon arrive at the market, which was heavily busy, but very large at the same time.

Rican looks around, "Thank you mate."

"No prob."

"Find us again if you need help." Amaria says.

Rican nods "If it is no trouble I would like some one to travel with. Traveling alone is rather... dull."

"If Amaria doesn't mind." Rican waits for an answer.

"I always accept a Mountain Brother. You are free to join us as long as you lend a hand."

"I am pretty handy in a scrap, nor do I need much sleep so i can be set on watches for longer."

"Alright. Do you want us to wait here or come in with you?"

"Up to you I am just getting food and other supplies.

"We can wait then." Rican nods and leaves to collect food and other general supplies. Amaria waits with Isaac.​

Vertice Group

"You would think that it would be easier to find a giant with flaming hair!" Cadoc states.

"It's not like this crowd isn't full of other towering things..." Scarlett said gesturing towards the assortment of vehicles obscuring their view of the crowd to some extend.

"Even so... Maybe we should go and ask around, I bet someone has seen them."

"Excuse me." A voice calls out to them from behind. Scarlett was about to nod but the voice startled her causing her head to whip around abruptly.

"Yeah?" said Cadoc, turning around. A cloaked figure could be seen standing near them.

"I was wondering if either of you had seen a man named Isaac Gardener? We at the Digger Organization worry that something may have happened to him along the way." The man said.

"We may know, but i prefer talking to people who show their face, just makes me a bit more comfortable."

"I thought you received news about what happened?" Scarlett said looking at the cloaked figure suspiciously... It was rather uncommon to say the least for a digger to hide themselves quite like this, but she wasn't sure exactly how informed the other diggers were. Though what seemed suspicious about this was the fact that news such as a destroyed base should have been sent off to the other digger locations not too long after.

"I heard about the attack in Fairwolf, so we were ordered to keep our identities a secret." The man replied.

Scarlett nods "I hear someone had hi-jacked some merchant property..." she answered remembering what that merchant had said, she still wasn't sure if she should trust that.

"I will not give you any information unless you show me your face" Replied Cadoc, walking up towards the man, attempting to intimidate him.

"Sir, I request you stop before you get into even more trouble. Have you not seen the wanted posters?" The man asks.

Scarlett quickly stepped in front of Cadoc for the time being "Excuse his brash behavior... But, we at least need to know who you are." She said calmly still just a little suspicious about this.

"Telling you is a huge risk as it is. What were to happen if you were to be captured by the Merchants?"

"I'm not afraid of any merchant, i could take anything they got." Cadoc states.

"We wouldn't go down with a fight... Plus, I'm starting to think the merchants aren't the only threat we have." Scarlett said remembering that creepy symbol, and those shadow... Things.

"Go down, ha. They wouldn't have near enough people to take me down." Scarlett elbowed Cadoc again, but she didn't speak this time.

"What do you mean?" The man asked.

"I am quite the warrior, one day my name will be the subject of songs, and stories!" Cadoc claims.

With a slightly frustrated look on her face, Scarlett interjected "Look, we don't even know where the hell Isaac is." she said figuring it wouldn't hurt to tell the truth. Her grip tightened a little on her spear just incase something were to happen.

"Ah, I see. Perhaps we could look for him together?" The man asks.

"Depends why are you looking for him." Cadoc responds.

"We need to know who you are first." Scarlett answered, it was often easier for her to tell friend from foe when someone's less... Concealed.

"As I said, I can't." The man states.

"Then I guess we wont be helping you out here, even though we know how to find him." Cadoc states.

"Then at least give us your name." Scarlett said with a sigh.

"Just call me by a codename." The man says.

"We barely know anything about this man, what if he's out to kill Issac!" Cadoc said.

Scarlett frowned, he'd practically avoided her question in a manner of speaking. "Why not your real name? I just need to know it, I'll call you by a code name after."

"Because that'd be breaking the orders given to me." The man states.

"Well i order you then to break those orders and tell us your name." Cadoc states.

"It's hard to trust someone who's being so secretive... Especially because you yourself might be working against us." Scarlett said with another sigh, she really was beginning to tire of this, she wanted to find Isaac as fast as she could, but she wasn't sure if she should let this stranger who claims to be a digger follow them to him.

"Wait i have an idea! I Would trust him if we tied him up and carried him with us."

"How cliche..." Scarlett muttered, she still wasn't sure about this though, it seemed like a good idea, but yet something still might go wrong.

"Never thought it would be cliche, but that's not the point, the point is that it will make it so he cant turn the tables on us."

"So what if he does anyways? And where the hell are we going to get a rope." Scarlett asked looking around at the crowd again. She still didn't spot Isaac but she remembered the words of that mysterious voice... Instead of directly answering why it didn't want to reveal it's identity, it offered an answer if they joined some sort of tournament. It was a far off guess, but this person standing right in front of them also was reluctant to reveal his identity... There was a heavy uncertainty about whether or not he could be trusted to come with them.

"I'm sure we could find some, and no man with his arms bound could beat all of us"

Scarlett shook her head "You've been proven wrong before." she said simply recalling that little incident with that Merchant again.

"Everyone's wrong sometimes, but we digress, we should find Isaac as soon as we have the chance, and we should find out what to do with this hooded man."

"It's not like we'd have much better luck with him tailing along." Scarlett added turning towards him again. "Wouldn't it be easier to find them if we separated?" she said, wondering why he was so intent on following them if they clearly didn't know where Isaac was.

"But what if he is trying to kill Isaac or something, and we just let him go. Actually, Sir can you tell us why you want to find Issac."

"Well, I don't think so, since you've been talking so badly right in front of me now." The man said.

"We are allies to him, if you were with him, you would not have any reason to hide it" Said Cadoc walking towards the man

"Well... We need to know at least that... Otherwise it'll be a little difficult to trust you." Scarlett said stepping in Cadocs way again, if anyone were to try anything, she'd try her best to keep it from getting out of hand.

"It's better to move now to find your friends than worry about my name. I'll tell you it in private." The man told them.

"That's not what i'm worried about, are you with or against Issac, and i suggest you don't lie, i really don't like liars." Cadoc said. Scarlett just sighed debating whether or not she should trust him.

"I already told you, I'm with the Digger Organization."

"That's not what i said, are you with or against Issac." Scarlett just narrowed her eyes looking at the man again, this was the second time he'd avoided answering the question directly...

"Let's get moving already, I can explain in private!"

"Fine, but i warn you now, i will kill you if you attempt to kill any one of our group."

Scarlett just sighed throwing up her hands "Well, I guess having another set of eyes wouldn't hurt... Just don't try anything." She adds.

"Let's hurry, who knows who else might of gotten to him by now." The man said.

"Alright, look for a Female Giant, she is a companion of ours and never leaves Issac's side." Cadoc told him.

Scarlett just nodded scanning around the crowd "Well... If all those damn vehicles weren't in the way, we could find them alot easier." she noted.

"There is a way." The man tells them.

"What is that?" Cadoc asks.

"Hm?" Scarlett said looking curious.

"I've heard rumors that people have devised a way to track magic now." The man suggests.

"And how do we do this?" Cadoc asked.

The man sighs. "It appears you don't know how. Then it's a waste of time to try. We need to move."

Scarlett sighed "I guess so." she said.

"Alright, any idea on were to check, we should check crowded areas first." Cadoc said.

"Anywhere's fine." The man said.

"Did they say were they were going?" The man looks to Scarlett for a response.

"I don't remember..." Scarlett said attempting to recall if he had said where he was going.

"Alright then. Mysterious guy, what is the most crowded part of town?"

"That varies... But I'd say the market." The man said.

"Alright lets go check that out."

Scarlett nods again, she looked around "So... Where would that be?" she asked. The man heads off to where the market is.

"Oh yeah what should we call you while were working together."

"Up to you, I don't care." The man told them.

"Hood seems fitting enough, because you refuse to take it off." Rican is at one of the food stalls bartering with the man on the price of select food items.

Scarlett sighed "I guess we'll call you... Drake?" she suggested coming up with a name out of the blue.

"Like I said, I don't care... The market is over there." The man points towards it's direction, with people constantly going from and to it. "I don't know if you'll find your friends in there."

"Lets ask around." Said Cadoc looking around having a Dwarf catch his eyes "Hey Dwarf, have you seen a Giant recently?"

Rican looks at Cadoc "One moment." he then turns to the merchant "You have to be out of your mind that is an outrageous price for two loaves of bread and cheese." Scarlett watched the Dwarf with great curiosity as he "haggled" with the merchant at the market stall.

"Please sir its a bit urgent."

Rican looks back up at Cadoc "I've seen plenty of giants lad, the most recent was here." he looks back to the merchant. "Bring the price down 5 coins and it's a deal."

"Very well" Said Cadoc, pulling some Coins out of his bag and giving them to the Dwarf.

Scarlett sighed "I guess they don't use stones around here." she said with a shake of her head.

Rican looks at the coins then up at Cadoc, "I am in no need of charity."

"Well i'm talking of a Giant in this town, with a man named Issac." Cadoc said.

"I know them yes."

"I need to speak to him... It's kind of urgent." Scarlett said remembering that dagger she had on her. "You think you can tell us where he is?"

Rican squints at her, "Why?"

"We are friends of them." Cadoc stated.

"And I'm supposed to believe that....why?"

"I give you my word."

Rican squints up at Cadoc "Let me finish my business in the market then I'll show you to them."

"Very well."

Rican turns around and finishes his deal with the merchant and eyes the two, "What are your names?"

"I probably shouldn't say this but i am Cadoc."

Scarlett sighed "I'm Scarlett, we're supposed to meet up with them sooner or later." she explained.

Rican looks at the two "I'm Rican."

"Nice to meet you." Cadoc said.

Scarlett nods "I've never seen a dwarf before." she commented.

Rican shrugs "We tend to keep to ourselves."

"I guess that's something we have in common." Scarlett said with a small smile.

Rican motions for them to follow him as he goes to a few other stalls buying other things then goes to leave the market. Isaac could be found standing where he was before. "Hey Issac! Good to see you again" Shouted Cadoc.

Isaac turns to face them upon hearing them. "Oh, hey guys."

Scarlett approached Isaac quickly upon spotting him. "The tour didn't go as planned to say the least... There's something I want you to see though." Scarlett said looking around briefly, checking for any suspicious individuals.

"What is it?" He asks. Scarlett looks around again before unwrapping the dagger she was still carrying with her showing the symbol engraved on it. Isaac's eyes narrow as he looks to the symbol, then back to Scarlett. ". . .They're sending us a warning."

"Someone was searching for us not too long ago... And some creepy ass voice told us of some sort of tournament..." Scarlett said lowering her voice so others won't be able to hear her as clearly... She wasn't sure if it was a good idea to talk about these things out in the open.

"it sounds like a trap." Cadoc commented.

". . .Great, they want us to join -that-. Sounds like this is serious." Isaac comments.

"I still don't get what all this is about..." Scarlett said looking a little confused.

"Though maybe we could trap them." Cadoc said. Rican is sorting supplies in his pack while listening "Assuming this is a trap that is."

"Cadoc, I'm going to have to ask you not to voice your opinion on this one. What they want us to go into isn't a game."

"Very well, but if they are harming people then we should stop them."

"Playing hero can get you killed." Rican commented.

"It could stop others for getting killed though."

Isaac gives Cadoc a stern look, to repeat his point. He then turns to Scarlett. "I'm sure you know, since you live in the forests, that each town has different kinds of tournaments that are held. But with Vertice, there's an official tournament overseen by representatives from all the towns. This tournament is huge, but it doesn't take long either. Because so many people tend to join, they've set up three main parts to the tournament, each of them different in some way than the last. However, people have been known to die in these, by accident or otherwise. It's a risk going in, but it's worth it if you live to the third part." Rican returns to sorting the items in his pack readjusting his battle axe ever so often.

"They have a strange way of getting people to join."

"I... Don't know about that..." Scarlett said frowning a little "As much as I'd like to compete, I'm not sure if it's worth it either..." she added, her sister would never forgive her if she got hurt or worse...

"I can't force you to go. But I know that symbol, I'm going to enter. The rest of you can decide whether you want to stay out of it or not, but this is personal for me." Isaac said.

"I'll go with you lad." Rican said.

"If you're going I'll go, I can't be shown up now can I?" Cadoc said.

"I'm going too... Even if it means I won't be seeing my sister again." Scarlett said with another sigh. "I guess Ansley was right... Pursuing these things will get me killed someday... If I don't make it, I hope you at least will..." She thought to herself.

"Fear not, I'll make sure you all make it back alive."

"Hey! That's my line!" Scarlett said giving Cadoc a playful punch this time.

Rican looks up from the pack and shrugs. "If anyone dies I'll try to die before any of you." he said with a slight sadness in his voice. "I don't have much to live for any way."

"None of us will be dying if i have anything to say about this!"

Isaac sighs a bit. <Better let them talk it out for a bit...>

"Nonsense! You have family.. Right?" Scarlett said hearing Rican's words, as much as she didn't show it, she was actually concerned over the well being of others... It was a trait that ran in her family, but her sister seemed to portray that more than she did.

Rican sighs, "I have no family and no home any more."

"Why not join us, it should help you find a purpose." Cadoc said.

Scarlett sighed "Well... Even if that's the case, no-one's dying before me." Scarlett said defiantly.

"I have already resigned to traveling with Isaac, and miss You most likely have more life to live than I do." Rican said.

"No ones dying at all, i promise you all that." Cadoc states.

"Don't lie to your self people will die whether or not it's us is a toss up."

"There is no need for you to self sacrifice, i will guard each of your lives with my own, until i am dead nothing will harm any of you under my watch, i swear this on my honor!"

"Then that makes three of us... Till death do us apart." Scarlett concluded with a slight nod.

Rican shrugs "Death will find us one way or the other."

"Then find something to live for." Scarlett said attempting to get through Rican.

"Like what?"

"Anything." Cadoc said.

"I am not trying to throw what life i have left away, I would merely prefer one such as myself die before you lads."

"Don't worry, no man can slay me, and nobody is dying before me, so none of us shall die."

"I guess I understand where you're coming from..." Scarlett sighed a little "I'd rather die before my sister."

Rican returns focuses to his pack as if avoiding eye contact. "Atleast you have a family, something to live for."

"You did too... Or at least I'd assume so." Scarlett tried to reason. Rican goes silent for several moment then clears his throat "I did." his voice sounding mildly choked up.

Scarlett looked up "So... What happened?" she asked attempting to hide her curiosity.

Rican takes a breath pausing his sorting staring into the pack intently. "You tried on thin ice."

"Sorry, no need to tell us, i'm sure its hard on you." Cadoc said.

"It's what I do best." Scarlett said turning away from him. "Each to their own." She added looking just a little awkward.

Rican remains unmoving as if in very deep thought. "Whats in the past cannot be changed, whats important is what you do with the rest of your life." Cadoc told him. Scarlett just sighed, glancing at the dagger she was holding again.

"Do you know how important family is to a dwarf?" The question seemed directed to Scarlett. Scarlett just nods slowly, she knew enough about dwarfs to understand they valued their family as much as she did...

"And what is the worst thing you could do to family?" Rican asked.

"Betray them?" Suggested Cadoc, unsure if he would be correct.

"I-" Scarlett stopped short, she didn't want to continue with what she was going to say..

"Then add onto that that they saw you as a monster on what you have done in your life. How would you feel?" Rican said.

"I would be a disgrace, but you can only move forward, and i would do my best to redeem myself." Cadoc said.

"I can't redeem myself to the dead sadly."

"I'd spend my life away from them." Scarlett said simply, it wasn't as if she was close with her family in the first place...

Rican returns to sorting his bag, "How old do you think I am?"

"I honestly can't say... Dwarfs live much longer than humans..." Scarlett answered honestly.

"Not sure, dwarves live quite long lives though right?" Cadoc asked.

"I'm 100 years old, and I have done very terrible things in my life that i have to live with. What I did to my family is one of them." Rican said.

"I believe even the worst of the worst can be redeemed..." Scarlett said with a smile "That's what my sister tells me anyways." she added with a wry smile.

"Exactly whats in the past is in the past, and you have no choice but to move on." Cadoc said.

"Everyone, watch out!" The man's voice called out, as a loud BOOM sound could be heard.

"What was that!"

"You are attempting to speak wisdom that I already know. Do no mistake this for me lingering on it-" Radoc is interrupted, as the boom was heard his axe was already off his back.

"What the hell?!" Scarlett exclaimed turning towards the sound.

"We should check it out!" Rican closes the pack lifting it to his back

"There's no need." Another voice said, as two figures suddenly land down near them, with gusts of wind being blasted out as they land. The cloaked man from before is thrown up, and then suddenly out of thin air, hits a building as he collapses. One of them looked to be about nine feet, wearing some gray armor over him and he appeared to be big, while the other stood around five feet, but he appeared to be the less physically strong of the two.

"Why not?" Scarlett asked with a frown.

"Who are you two!" Asked Cadoc, drawing his sword and holding it out in front of him

"Oh-hohoho~" The larger one spoke. "Lookie whut I fund 'ere. It's dat Kaduk boy!"

"Shit." Scarlett said under her breath putting herself between Cadoc and the two newcomers.

"Yes i am Cadoc, i will not hide that, but who are you, answer me that."

"We're bounty hunters." The smaller one spoke. "We've come to claim the prize on your head. This will be a good warm up for us."

"Stand down now, neither of you could defeat me." Cadoc said.

"Right lads on you go before you get injured." Rican said.

"WHUT CHA TALKIN' 'BOUT, YA SCRANY FEEBLE THANGS!" The larger one suddenly strikes his sword through the ground in front of him, leaving a cut in the ground. "YA BAST CURRET YA'SELVES!"

"Alright now i want to fight them, ill get the big one." Says Cadoc stretching out getting ready to fight. Rican drops his bag to the ground. and grips his axe with both hands. Scarlett grips her spear with both hands putting the dagger she was holding again.

Amaria unhooks her forgemaul from her belt, and takes off the circlet on her head preventing her flaming hair from bursting outwards, the orange-golden locks of blazing fire radiating out. "Bring it on, big boy." Isaac frowns, feeling something off about this... Until he hears a chuckle, turning as he suddenly runs off after someone. Meanwhile, as this happens, the large one swings his huge sword across in front of him, charging forward towards Cadoc and Amaria, as the other one seems to focus, outstretching his arms towards Scarlett and Rican as he pulls his hands back. Then he thrusts them forward, and a blast of wind heads for them both.

Cadoc charges towards the man running at him, ready to block the imminent swing from his opponent "You messed with the wrong warrior!" Amaria, realizing Cadoc unlikely had the strength to block a blow head on, used her superior reach and strength to slam her forgemaul onto the warrior's wrist. He either had to divert his attack or lose his sword hand with the destructive force of her forgemaul. Instead of resisting the wind blast, Scarlett attempted to dodge out of the way VIA leaping into the air... She'd had plenty of practice doing this during her hunting experiences as demonstrated when she had leapt onto one of the drillers much earlier.

The large man grunts, as he is forced to divert his attack and jumps back, landing with a loud THUMP as he seems to chuckle. "Will nuw... A gwaunt. Dis wun't pe eazy." Seeing his oppertunity Cadoc Steps towards The large man swinging his sword.

"You picked the wrong fight, friend." Amaria moves to the side and leaps, taking her forgemaul in both hands and ramming the hammer end down in a brutally crushing arc. Rican rolls to the side to avoid the wind blast, then charges at the smallest of the two swinging his axe at his mid rift.

"Did I?" The large man leaps to the side, letting Amaria's attack hit near Cadoc and let it throw him off balance. Then, the large man throws in his sword for Caodc to take his chance. "Ta-ta-ta! Sum teawurk!"
The man leaps up into the air, suddenly moving across it as if being pushed back by something. Then, he thrusts his hands out again, sending several wind blasts for Rican and Scarlett, keeping his distance while in the air. While stumbling Cadoc holds his sword in front of him blocking the blade but knocking him down.

"Cadoc! These men are prepared and trained to kill you. They know how you fight most likely. Let me handle him, alright?" Amaria says.

"I got this." Said Cadoc as he jumped back up swinging at the man once again. However, as Caodc had gotten up, the large man charges in, moving to grab a hold of Cadoc with one hand, while also picking up the large sword with the other. Scarlett attempted to avoid the wind blasts as much as possible searching around in her peripheral vision for a spot to take cover. Rican does the same as Scarlett. Cadoc quickly pulls back just avoiding the man, attempting to regain his footing once more before lunging at the man. However, the large man moves to grab Cadoc by the legs as he moves from being caught by his entire body. Cadoc throws a Left hook at the man.

The left hook hits, however, the large man only laughs and lifts Cadoc upside down while chuckling. "Lookie 'ere, Gwant! I gawts yer fweind! The wind man seems to move on top of a short building, looking down at them as if observing them. He pulls in his arms close to his chest, appearing to be concentrating.

Amaria sighs, before sending her hammer at the large man's shins to force him back. "He has the advantage Cadoc. Please let me fight before you get hurt."

"That's not really an option now" Says Cadoc as he pulls a knife at his boot and stabs the mans hand

"We need to get out of the way... Now!" Scarlett yelled grabbing hold of Rican's arm and pulling him behind a building, hoping to obscure the man's range of whatever wind attack he had.

Rican didn't really need saving as he was looking for cover as well, "Please use helpful phrases not blatantly obvious ones."

"It's not like it's going to make a difference... I swear he's charging up something." Scarlett said lowering her voice a little. As they move into cover, the area they last stood at is hit by a powerful wind blast, causing the spot to be hit hard and send gusts of wind from the area. The man then leaps up and kicks his left foot behind him, and suddenly, he is sent flying through the air towards their location.

The man screams out as he is hit, and as Cadoc is pulling out his knife, the large man accidentally throws Cadoc away by several feet. The large man growls, charging in at Amaria as he swings his sword down at her. "DAT HUERT!" Sliding on the ground a bit Cadoc gets back up, slightly wounded but still strong, he starts moving towards his sword stumbling slightly. Sliding on the ground a bit Cadoc gets back up, slightly wounded but still strong, he starts moving towards his sword stumbling slightly.

"I wonder if he's using a stone for that..." Scarlett muttered to herself under her breath.

"He might." Rican said. Amaria grinned. This was her chance. Using an upward swing she went straight for the sword itself, attempting to break it altogether by using the power of the crystal.

"How long do you think his power's gonna last..." Scarlett asked quietly as she ran towards another hiding place motioning for Rican to follow.

"He seems to be the smarter of the two but that's not saying much so I can't say." Cadoc stopped for a moment grabbing his sword, still slightly dazed he decided to leave the large man to Ameria. Seeing the shorter man distracted on Scarlett and Rican, He rushed him sword raised above his head, ready to cleave the man in two.

The sword is destroyed into unimaginable pieces, as the large man is sent skidding back as he lets the handle drop. He shakes now, clutching his hands into fists slowly as he pulls out a blue stone. "RRRRRAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!" With this loud shout, he thrusts the stone into an open piece in his armor, as it begins to shine brightly.

As the man hits the ground the two, he sends out a powerful aftershock, making Cadoc get sent flying away again as the two can feel powerful gusts of wind blow over them. "Give up. With the power of wind at my side, I cannot be rivaled."

Amaria's hair intensifies. Her eyes turn entirely yellow with an incandescent light, as most fire giants do when they get angry. "WHAT BITCH?! ANGRY I BROKE YOUR SWORD?! BACK OFF OR I BREAK YOU NEXT."

Scarlett nodded "They should have a weakness to something though..." she started to think to herself "What would counter wind...." then the answer came to her "Earth... The Earth element should be their weakness, but how the hell do we acquire something like that?" she concluded trying to keep her voice as quiet as she could.

As Cadoc falls to the ground he balances himself as best as he can sliding in a kneeling position as he lands "Cowardly Mage, i do no fear you" Said Cadoc as he rushed at him again, readying himself for the next blast of wind

The large man charges straight for Amaria, ready to charge into her! The man looks to Cadoc and moves his hand, wing beginning to surround Cadoc's head as he tries to choke Cadoc. "Do not intervene! Or I shall take the breath from your very lungs!" Cadoc pushes forward, each step taking more and more effort, each second his sword getting hard to lift, though he pushes on attempting to close the distance. Amaria readies and begins to wind up, preparing for a spinning strike to the man's knees using the enhancement of the crystal again and aiming for his knees once more, using the momentum of the spin to enhance her power and strike multiple times. Rican leaps around the corner and charges the man ready to swing his axe at the mans mid rift yelling to try and divide his attention.

Scarlett heard the other man's words and instantly started to fume with rage, however the others seemed to have him taken care of... Her eyes started to dark around the area trying to locate the other man, the one who was flying towards them gripping her spear even tighter than she had before. The man is hit, and for a while, it is a struggle as her hits don't seem to do anything. The large man laughs, until suddenly... Dents start to appear all over the armor, with cracks spreading rapidly with every strike as the man tries to move, but is hit away by her last hit and is sent flying through the market, ripping apart several stalls as people quickly moved aside as the man grinds across the ground until he hits a wall. By the time the dust cleared, up to his shoulders upper body was now stuck in a stone wall, he appeared unconscious.

The wind man raises a brow as he tries to move, but his clothing is cut as a cut could be seen. He grits his teeth, putting his hands close to one another as he glares at Rican. "How DARE you!" Cadoc Rushes him, filled with newfound energy and rage, quickly closing the remaining distance between him and the man. He quickly brings his sword down on the man with all the strength he has.

Rican yells "COME ON YOU UGLY BUGGER IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE?!" Noticing the wind man had been stopped directly in his tracks by Rican's attack, Scarlett used this as an opportunity to strike him as well. She began running towards him while he was distracted attempting to reach a blind spot in his current field of view and jumped up into the air again a little lower this time so the man wouldn't notice her too quickly and aimed her spear towards the man's back.

The wind man is caught off surprise by all three of them pressuring him, as he grits his teeth as he grips his hands tightly and thrusts his arms out to the sides. A force of wind is sent outward from around him, trying to send them off away from him. "DAMN IT!"

Stabbing his sword into the ground Cadoc is only sent back a few feet "You'll need more then that to take me down!" He shouts rushing in, horizontally slashing at the man

Rican pushes with all his might with a "RAAAAAHHHHH!!!" and if he gets close enough slashing with a horizontal strike to his mid rift. Scarlett dug the tip of her spear into the ground attempting to keep herself from being blown back too much... Then, after the blast was over, she started running towards the man again swerving around obstacles and occasionally on purpose in an attempt to evade any follow up blasts coming up. The man grits his teeth as he spread his arms out again, shouting at the top of his lungs as powerful forces of wind push against them now, this time being persistent to push them away from the man.

After being knocked back Cadoc quickly Regained as much balance as he could before he made a third bullrush "How long are you going to keep this up?" He shouted, closing the distance once more. Ricans forward movement is stopped and he struggled to stand his ground let alone move forward. Scarlett managed to retain her ground again my digging her spear into it for the time being, she wondered how long he was able to keep this up for... If his power was indeed powered by a stone, it should be depleting sooner or later...

The man soon stops, but jumps up and kicks his right foot down, as he suddenly shoots up into the air from a force of wind pushing him up. "YOU WILL NOT HAVE ME!!!!"

"COWARD!" Shouts Cadoc chasing after him "I will not let you escape so easily."

Rican flies forward and lands on his stomach with a "umph" as he was using all his effort to go forward. Scarlett looked around for the nearest object to throw at him... A few rocks caught her eye from the debris that resulted from their battle. Picking one up and carefully aiming it, she threw it with as much force as she could manage at the man flying upwards... She bent down to pick up another and watched hoping it hit her mark...

The man gets hit, one of them hitting his arm as another hits his cheek. "FINE! YOU'LL DIE FIRST!" The man points both his hands down for Scarlett. Rican stands up and steps back. Cadoc quickly runs towards Scarlett pushing her out of the way of whatever the man was going to send at her. Scarlett made a notable grunting noise as she was pushed getting herself up again and running towards cover pulling Cadoc and Rican with her as she reached them. All in one instant, as Cadoc pushed Scarlett, he is hit in the back by two wind blasts, and his clothing is torn up as he is sent flying away, skidding across the ground as he felt his body undergo great pain suddenly as his sword hits the ground him. The man attempts to kick again and send himself away through the air away from the scene.

"Don't let him get away!" exclaims Cadoc as he struggles in an attempt to get up.

Rican kneels down and places a hand on Cadoc, "Lad..."

"ill be fine, just stop him before he can get someone else to finish the job"

As Cadoc was practically wrenched from her grip when she attempted to run away, Scarlett sighed in frustration... Turning her attention to the more immediate situation she ran to Cadoc "Dammit!" she muttered under her breath trying to assess the wounds he'd received...

Rican squeezes his shoulder "Let it go, we can't catch him."

"Damn... I think somethings broken."

"We'll get him later... For now, you need some serious tending to." Scarlett said after a moment of assessment. "You think you can move?" She asked him looking genuinely worried for the first time.

"I think i can, can on of you help me up." Said Cadoc as he started trying to get up. Rican stands to gather his pack and search for his medical supplies.

Scarlett on the other hand offered a hand to Cadoc "If pulling hurts too much... Don't try to do it any harder... Not sure what bone you broke." Scarlett warned him.

"I don't think its my leg" Said Cadoc as he tried to find out what broke " I think i broke a rib or two" said Cadoc as he stood up leaning heavily on Scarlett.

"At any rate... We'll need a little medical help." Scarlett said scanning through the area to see if she could find any other bystanders. Thankfully, a few still remained behind "Where's the nearest hospital?" she asked, to no-one specific.

The door slammed shut behind Genevieve, obviously the man that escorted her wasn't a huge fan for some reason. Genevieve shook it off as nothing and took a look around the room, after a moment she sat at a desk on a comfortable chair. The desk had a few sheets of paper as well as a quill and ink. "So I wonder what they are expecting me to say at this speech." She said to herself, looking at the blank paper before her. She had never written much of anything, especially not any kind of formal speech. After a few moments of staring blankly at the paper the door opened again and Genevieve perked up a bit. Another masked figure made his appearance, or maybe it was the same one from before, Genevieve wasn't sure. "You must be the kitsune that is going to change the world." The masked man spoke as he shut the door behind him. "Uhm... Is that what you were told?" Genevieve blushed a bit, she hadn't thought of it as anything like that. "I've been instructed to assist you with you welcoming speech to the people of our city." The man said as he approached her chair.

Theran approached the scene with his brother a wounded man on the ground a bolt sticking out of his left leg and his right shoulder. Theran looked to his brother then to the others around, and kneels down to the man. "Would you happen to know where a Cadoc is? He is a...friend of ours." the man looks up at the Tiger Anthro with pure terror "I-I-I-I don't know. J-j-just d-d-don't hurt me." he holds up his left arm infront of his face. "I won't." Theran stands and turns around motioning to his brothers. "But they will."

Journey to Merricrest (part 4)
Ansley continued to be tugged along by Akane a little confused where she was going, looking around she couldn’t see any berry bushes around as of yet. She didn’t say anything yet though, figuring they’d come across some sooner or later, but she hoped they weren’t traveling too far from Oelia.

Akane travels for a bit without finding any berries growing from the bushes, even the ones that could bear them. Finding this strange, she continues to go out further before coming to a conclusion. “Akane thinks something hoarded the berries in the area.”

Ansley nodded, this would explain why they haven’t found any berry bushes even after searching for them for so long… “I-I’s it a b-bear?” She asked starting to get a little worried about this, her sister had talked of hunting a few bears, and from what she’d heard, they often liked to eat berries if they couldn’t find any other foods around, and they were known to eat large amounts of them at once…

Akane nods disappointedly, “Probably. Akane sees old bear tracks, but Akane thinks it is weird that it stayed on its hind legs.”

Ansley frowned a little hearing that but nods as well, it was definitely out of the ordinary for a bear to walk around on it’s hind legs to gather berries… What kind of bear’s lurking around these parts?

Akane thinks hard, almost as if she is just on the verge of recalling something. “Akane knows bears sometimes come out here, but bears like the river area better, and none of them walk like people.” Akane eventually gives up trying to remember whatever was on her mind.

Ansley sighs a little “W-what do we do now?” she asked, looking around for any berry bushes with even a few berries left on them. It seemed they needed to find another source of food now, unless that bear was willing to share, which she somehow doubted a little.

“Akane doesn’t mind stealing from a bear.”

Ansley looked at Akane curiously “D-Do you know wh-where it lives?” she asked a little hopeful. Usually she wasn’t very enthusiastic about stealing from others, even if they were bears, but in this case they needed to make an exception; food was scarce around here for them.

“Akane doesn’t know exactly where, but it probably left its scent somewhere around here. Akane has a good nose, so that is all Akane needs to find the bear.”

Ansley nods “I-I’ll help look f-for it… S-somehow…” she said looking down at the footprints the bear had left behind… They were scattered in two opposite directions, the question was which one lead to it’s home.
Akane on instinct begins to follow the tracks leading back towards near the area Oelia is near. She does so wordlessly, leaving Ansley to guess why she decided such a thing.

It confused Ansley why Akane was going back to Oelia, but she followed her without a word figuring she was onto something… Akane was the one with a better sense of smell after all.

After a while of peace, Akane suddenly jumps, holding her ears. Up ahead, several trees have fallen, and it looks fairly recent, though not recent enough for the pair to have heard it.

“W-what h-happened?” Ansley asked attempting to keep herself from panicking too much… Could a bear really have done something like this?

Akane gets an even more worrisome look on her face, stopping to close her eyes. She appears to be trembling a bit. Although she already knew the answer to Ansley’s question, what was truly troubling was that she could feel the presence of her dagger nearby. There is no way it could have gotten all the way over here unless...

Ansley was starting to look worried herself about what was worrying Akane so much, she looked around over and over again starting to grip her harp tighter than she usually did. Whatever was going on, she’d figure out some way to keep Akane from harm… Somehow.

Softly, “It has my dagger.”

Ansley had a determined look on her face “I-I can t-try getting it back... “ she said quietly getting ready to play her harp, she needed to wait until the bear… Or whatever it was came close enough though, it shouldn’t be able to use the gem’s power since it wasn’t bound to it… Right?

Akane looks angrily towards the direction of the bear, but still seems frightened. “Akane thinks the bear can’t handle the gem. It got mad at everything. We won’t be able to make it fall asleep, and Akane doesn’t know how to fight, only run.”

Ansley looked around for a weapon… Anything to defend Akane with, like her sister would do. She finally spotted something that could be at least of some use; a sharp stick. Before she picked it up though, she remembered her harp could give them a good advantage over the bear. “I-I can try to… M-make us faster.” She said starting to play her harp, the song was a more upbeat one with a more cheery tone to it.

Akane looks longingly ahead. “If you can just give Akane enough time to grab the dagger, it will all work out.” Rushing forward, Akane tries to find a good position to ambush from.

Ansley nodded deciding to pick up a sturdy looking rock not too far from the stick she spotted earlier… Perhaps this would distract the bear for longer than that flimsy but sharp looking stick would. She waited standing perfectly still for the bear to come.

Soon enough, a massive 9 foot tall bear comes barrelling out of the brush, coming with several fallen trees. Akane’s dagger seems to be stuck in its foot. It growls angrily at Ansley, charging towards her with the ferocious eyes of a predator that thinks you taste pretty good. The bear is enormous, shaking the ground underneath it. Thankfully, due to your haste song, you are significantly faster. Though you will need to watch your step with the ground shaking underneath the half ton bear.

The sight of the bear instilled fear within Ansley… She had always envied her sister’s courage in situations like this, but she knew Akane was counting on her… Using her newfound speed she threw the rock she had in her hand with all her might at the bear and proceeded to duck behind the nearest tree.

The bear didn’t even slow down as it takes the rock Ansley threw like it didn’t hurt even a little bit. The bear’s muscle mass must be enormous, there is no way it will be hurt by a blunt object, unless it was somehow thrown with massive force. It is hard to believe the bear can move so quickly on its hind legs with that dagger in it. It is both impressive and terrifying.

Ansley had to think fast… The bear was at least distracted by it but it required alot more to even move it slightly. Looking around again she wondered if she could find a way to trip the bear…

The bear continues ripping through the surrounding forest in its attempts to get to you. Many trees have fallen, and the sound of the crash each time is starting to assult your eardrums. You can only imagine what it must be like for Akane with her catlike hearing.

Ansley managed to find a few stray berries the bear had left behind… Figuring she’d take the risk, she rushed over, assisted by her enhanced speed taking the berries in her hands and hiding behind the tree again. She had to wait for the right moment to distract the bear, as the bear continued to charge towards her… Taking a berry, she threw it near the bear and hid again peeking out occasionally to see what would happen.

The bear notices the berry, but it is hardly the distraction Ansley was looking for. Fortunately, it seemed that Akane had an idea. Akane drops down from trees, and effectively distracts the bear towards the wreckage of fallen trees. If Ansley looks closely enough, she will see that Akane’s ears are bleeding. Akane yells, “Play something to make it dizzy when it attacks Akane!”

Ansley waited for the right moment eyeing the bear, waiting for it to make a move on Akane… Then she starts playing her harp, the song being produced sounded rather erratic but the notes still managed to make some sort of strange song… It’s effects were quite clear though, one could tell just by listening to it.

Oelia’s eyes briefly flutter open. There was commotion, the sound of brush being trampled, the sound of something large and menacing in the woods. Was it coming closer, or farther away? Oelia couldn’t tell, but as she was now, movement was out of the option. Still, her hands reached behind her, finding the bow pinned underneath her body. With a grunt of pain, she pulled it out from underneath her, grabbing an arrow and stringing it. She didn’t have much movement here, she wouldn’t be able to hit anything at a real distance, but if something was going to attack, she’d want to be ready. After all, she couldn’t move, or do much of anything else.

Thanks to Ansley’s song, the bear struggles in its attempts to maneuver between the tree logs. Still under the effects of haste, Akane moves quickly towards the bear; yet somehow seems completely unimpeded by the dizzying lyric. Darting nimbly about the trees, Akane charges the bear, who in an attempt to swipe at her, stumbles over a fallen tree, giving Akane the opening she needed. Darting for her beloved dagger with all her might, she rips the blade from the bear’s skin. Akane smiles a dark smile. “I am the killer.”

In a flurry of strikes against the downed bear, it helplessly lies as Akane severs the connections which allow the bear to swing its arms and legs in the very order that it tries to escape with. Then, Akane darts to the top of the trees, then bounds down toward the ground with great momentum, severing the bear’s head from its body with the sharp of her blade. Akane then swats the blood off her blade, then resheaths it. Her dark smile seems to fade, and all that remains is the look of a hurt child. Grasping at her ears, Akane lies on the ground. She looks like she is in a lot of pain.

After Ansley had finished the song, it felt like she had zoned out at some point… However the large thumping noise of the bears body falling to the ground quickly brought her back to reality. The first thing that came to mind was Akane, looking around she spotted her grasping her ears and laying on the ground… Something told her they were injured, so this time, approaching carefully, she played a more gentle song, one that gave off an aura of serenity. The gem shone this time, giving off a bright green glow to signify alot of it’s power was being used as she did so. Once the song finished, she stepped closer to Akane again to check if she was alright.

After Ansley’s song finished, my ears stopped bleeding, and the stinging sensation stopped, but I’ve lost my hearing for the moment, and it would take time to heal. I dry my tears as I hug Ansley, so very glad for this whole ordeal to be over.

Ansley managed a shy smile as Akane hugged her, staying like this for a moment before she remembered that Oelia had been near them when that bear had come charging through. Looking around, she tried to see if she could spot her from this distance, hoping nothing had happened to Oelia while she had been laying there, recovering… Thankfully, she seemed to be alright, even though she seemed to have her bow in her hands now. Ansley let out a sigh of relief and relaxed once more, letting herself enjoy Akane’s embrace for a bit longer.

Vertice Group

Isaac had gone off after a man he had seen, his thoughts racing before him. He knew it was him, it had to be him... It wasn't until they got to a dead end that the figure stopped and turned around to face Isaac that Isaac would get a good look at the figure. "Ah, Isaac... Welcome."

"You know my name?" Isaac asked.

"Yes. I do." The man pulls out a card from his sleeve. "Hehehe... I wanted to confirm if you were all entering the tournament or not."

"That's up for debate." Isaac watched the man carefully. "I want to know... Are you him? Are you the man I saw years ago?" The man seems to only smile in return, prompting Isaac to thrust his arm out at him as a blast of sound is emitted towards him. The sound is, however, disrupted for some reason as the man chuckles.

"Very good, you are learning to control it. I wish to see this further... If you decide to join. All the answers to your past... Will be revealed." The man then vanishes, leaving Isaac puzzled. Scarlett sighed realizing she wasn't going to receive a response from the few bystanders that still remained... Making sure to move at a slower pace as not to hurt Cadoc too much, she continued to walk around the area looking for a hospital, or at least some place where she could get him some medical help.

"It's gonna be hard Joining the tournament in this condition." Said Cadoc trying to lighten the mood.

Amaria runs about the streets. "Damn it! Isaac! Isaac!!!" She shouts, panicking. How could she have lost him? It was her one job! Rican wonders the streets looking for any sign of Issac

Isaac moved to head out, but is stopped by three people. "Hold on now, Mr. Gardener." One of them spoke, giving a small smirk to him.

"Move." Isaac demanded.

"Hold on there, dude. You can't go just yet. We got orders." Isaac glances back at them.

"Is that so?" He raises up two fingers with his gauntlet hand, as a high pitch wail starts to enter into the ears of the men. All of them start to shake heavily and try to cover their ears, collapsing onto their knees as they try to resist the pain, but only end up making it worse. "I don't have time to deal with you punks. Don't get in my way again." Isaac could hear Amaria shouting for him. She sounded very worried and panicked. Isaac frowns, lowering his hand as the three collapse, looking very tired and terrified as he walks out into the opening for Amaria to see him.

Amaria rushed to see Isaac and catches up to him. "Gods blood, Isaac. Do not scare me like that. Were you hurt? Who are these men?" She says pointing to the others. She sounded seriously worried. Even more than usual in fact.

Rican jogs up to Isaac slightly limping. "As you can see you should not disappear that often anymore."

Isaac looks back at the men with a cold gaze in his eyes. He then turns back to Amaria and Rican. "The past has caught up to me."

Amaria narrowed her eyes at the men. "I see..." She then sighed with relief. "You had me scared half to death Isaac. I thought you went and died to the two back there or something."

Rican looks at the men "Who might they be friend?"

"Men who work for the merchants." He walks past the two at this.

Amaria follows behind. "You still haven't answered me. Are you alright?"

Isaac stops. "I'm fine."

Amaria frowns. "You're acting strange...are you sure?" Why did she care so much, she realized. This wasn't her job...this was genuine concern now. What had gotten into her? Rican folds his arms watching the scene. Isaac frowns, keeping his back to her. He didn't respond. "....Why did you run off like that?"

"I told you. The past has come back." Rican frowns for a second but remaining silent.

"That doesn't answer my question. Why did you run off -without me-?" She looked honestly hurt and angry. "I haven't let you down yet have I?" Isaac didn't answer again.

Amaria stares depressingly at the ground. "...Have I?" Rican watches with some interest.

". . .I've already lost my family. Why have more blood shed because of me?" Rican just sighs.

Amaria looks up. Had she failed him and he didn't want to say it? Regardless she would try to comfort him. "The world is a cruel place. I do not know why your brother hired me, but this is no longer about the job. I am your friend Isaac, and I shall protect you. I promise on the name of Clan Cinderskin that I shall be there for you whenever you need me."

". . .I didn't want to get you involved. I didn't want you to die because of me."

"I forfeited my life when I took the job. My hundred years of experience are behind me, and I will die before you do. And I don't intend on keeling over." Rican chuckles at Isaac's statement.

Isaac closes his eyes. "Why? A job only goes so far."

Amaria was at an impasse. She had to let it out. "Because...I don't want to see you hurt. I...I care about you Isaac." She went silent after that. Rican looks at Amaria slightly puzzled. Isaac opens his eyes, looking over at her as he blinks. He puts his right hand on hers slowly.

Amaria's hair dies down to a small ember, as if showing shyness. She looked incredibly embarrassed by what she said. "Do you...feel the same?" Ricans arms drops to his sides looking at the two.

He rubs her hand a little before he looks to Rican. "Why did you laugh earlier?"

Rican shrugs "She obviously wants to get involved, and there is no need to worry about my life lad."

Isaac thought about it, had he felt the same way before? He... Had not thought about it before. He would have to talk about this with her later. Or maybe... "Rican. Go help the others get to a medical base." He could see in the distant one of them had gotten hurt, and judging from the limping Rican was doing, all three may need some checking over. "We'll follow behind."

Rican looks at them for a moment smiling slightly. "Alright." then turns around and walks away with a mild limp. Amaria looks down at Isaac, silent.

Isaac looks back at her. ". . .You're the first person I've allowed to get so close in years."

"Same with me...sixty three years ago. That was the last time I had ever let someone close to me."

". . .I need time. This is too sudden for me to just think over in one day."

Amaria looks down. "I understand..." //its because I look like a demon...//

". . .What's wrong?"

"...its because I'm a fire giant...Isn't it?"

"No. It's not."

Amaria sighs. "If you say so..." She rubs her arm. He frowns and tries to wrap his arms around her in a hug.

Amaria smiles, hugging him back. "Take whatever time you need..." she says as sweetly as she can. Her hair seems to die down, not in size but in intensity.

He nods and pulls away. "Come on, we need to get moving."

She lets go and then gets up, dusting herself off. "Ready when you are."​

• Love
Reactions: York
Vertice group - A confession
Scarlett had zoned out while the others were running off and hadn't really registered what Cadoc said... She was thinking about what had happened back there; it was the first time surprisingly that someone else had saved her from harm just like that. It made her happy and a little proud that Cadoc was willing to do that for her, but why? What exactly was this emotion she was feeling for him, it was like a mixture of admiration and respect, maybe a little bit of an attatchment too.

"Its gonna be hard protecting you guys in the tornamant in this shape isn't it"

Upon Cadoc's repetition of what he said before she snapped out of her thoughts shaking her head a little "Oh! Uh... Speaking of which... Thanks... For what you did back there I mean." she said getting a far away look in her eyes.

"Its fine, it shouldnt take too long to heal" Replied Cadoc, being as fairly optimistic.

Scarlett paused for a moment, she seemed to be deciding on whether or not she should say something. Then, almost out of the blue she spoke again "Hey, question... What do you... Think of me?" she said her words slowing a little as she tried not to give away too much too soon.

"You're a great friend and companion, and I'm glad to fight along side you" Answered Cadoc.

"I guess I could say the same too..." Scarlett seemed to cut herself off for a moment as she was in thought once more.

Rican could be seen walking over with a mild limp stopping just infront of them, "How is our friend?"

"Ive been better, though I'm sure I'll heal swiftly."

Rican nods "With proper rest you may." he responds

Scarlett looked towards Rican snapping out of her thoughts for the moment; they'd have to be resolved later. "Actually... Do you know where a hospital might be?" She asked Rican a little hopefully, so far she hadn't had any usefull responses from the other by-standers she's asked.

Rican shakes his head, "No but I aquired a map of town." after saying that he smiles warmly pulling his back off his back searching through it.

"Good enough I suppose... I heard most of them were burnt or something." Scarlett commented remembering what that tour guide had said.

"I don't think we should trust someone who probobly tried to kill us."

Rican lets out a small "Hmph." and puls out some rolls of paper.

"I doubt it was him... That driver was killed by something." Scarlett said remembering that dagger, it was definitely not the work of the driver alone. Then, she glanced over at the paper, managing to locate where they were and where the nearest hospital was. "Thankfully that place isn't too far from here, tell the other where we're headed I guess... Not sure if they want to tag along." Scarlett said looking like she was still thinking about something.

Rican looks at Scarlett for a moment. "Something troubling you?"

Scarlett attempted to conceal the embarassed look on her face "Oh... It's... Nothing, really." she said with a nervous laugh, she found herself glancing over at Cadoc occasionally.

"You seem a bit flustered." Cadoc commented.

Rican chuckles slightly, "You have nothing to fear from me tis alright to tell me."

Scarlett started to flush a little red "I-it's nothing of your concern..." she said her voice abruptly trailing off as if she wanted to say something more.

Rican looks at her puzzled, "Secrets get you no-where miss."

Scarlett laughed a little, almost hysterically "You're the one to talk." she said turning her gaze towards the horizon not really wanting to make eye contact with anyone.

Rican squints "What secrets do I have?"

"Only you know, otherwise they wouldnt be secrets would you?" Cadoc said butting into the conversation.

Scarlett just sighed, she was honestly just delaying the inevitable, but yet she didn't want to say what was on her mind... As much as she didn't want to admit it, she was afraid of the outcome.

Rican looks to Cadoc "I have no use for secrets anymore I'm to old for them to be of any use." Then he returns his gaze to Scarlett.

"You still have yet to say why exactly your family isn't... Here anymore." Scarlett simply stated attemtping to shift the topic.

Rican folds his arms, "Once you decide to revert to the original topic then I will share my shame."

"Fine..." Scarlett said quietly before turning to Cadoc "I.... I have... Feelings for you." she said rather bluntly, before abruptly turning away her face beet red from embarassment... She knew it would have to come out sooner or later, and unfortunately, there really wasn't many other options here. Despite this, she still feared the response she would get.

"I-I dont know what to say" Replied Cadoc, visibily flustered.

Rican remains silent as to let the situation sort itself out arms still folded.

"There... Happy?" Scarlett said to no-one in particular... On the inside, she was attempting to figure out what she was going to say next, she'd never really planned that far ahead.

Rican shakes his head, "Don't seek to guilt me....Now a deal is a deal. Would you still like to know what happened to my family?"

Scarlett nodded, glad to have something to distract her from the situation for the time being.

Rican nods "Alright..." he trails off as he sits down "The giant refers to me as her mountain brother, but I am not worthy of such a title as I have no honor left. As I killed my family....."

"I guess that explains alot..." Scarlett said, surprisingly enough, it didn't bug her as much as it should have.

Rican sighs "I was middle aged and full of anger as they disowned me.... Their screams and pleads of mercy haunt me to today. That is why I place no value on my life."

"That was a long time ago, you can still redeam yourself." Said Cadoc practically speaking out of the blue.

"Anger can't be helped... Sometimes the only thing you can do is learn from it." Scarlett added with a understanding look on her face and shrugged a little before turning to Cadoc again "And Cadoc... Sorry I didn't mention that earlier, I guess it didn't occur to me." she said still looking a little embarassed, she didn't make eye contact with him like she usually would have.

"Dont worry... I don't mind." said Cadoc to Scarlett.

Rican frowns "You seem not to understand... Honor is not a thing to be 'redeemed'.

"It is though, Make up for past mistakes by selfless sacrafices in the present"

Scarlett smiled wryly "The least you could do is salvage it..." she almost whispered, her face still retaining that deep shade of red even though it was slowly fading.

Rican lets out a long breath "Have you killed you family?"

"No, but there is nothing that cannot be made up for." Cadoc butted in again.

"Might as well have... Left them in the dark." Scarlett admitted, it's honestly been years on end since she'd even spoken with them... It wasn't really due to any disagreement, she just kind of left home one day to persue her own goals, the realization of how lonely that could get didn't hit her until later.

Rican begins to look visably annoyed "You have no clue what I feel, and you have no understanding of what honor means to dwarves. So do not presume to understand, and do not dare pity me. I am a dwarf without honor. That is the lowest a dwarf can be!" he was standing now and was visably angery jaw clenched when he was done speaking.

Scarlett stood between the two this time looking a little irritated herself... Something about Rican's behavior towards Cadoc was really starting to bug her "Look... Whatever the hell you think of yourself, don't expect everyone else to think so low about you... Alright?" she said her tone shifting to a more firm one, the one she often used when scolding her own sister.

"I dont pitty you, I believe that if you tarnish your honor, it is your job to cleanse it."

Rican scoffs at Cadoc "I do not expect you to understand, but do not dare question my beliefs human."

"Very well, though from what I've seen you are more honerable then most other people I see."

Rican turns to Scarlett and points at her, "And do not speak to me as if you are my mother...." and the last word with a hiss of anger "EVER."

"Look, enough is enough... Let's just catch up with the others and find that hospital." Scarlett said throwing up her hands, she was more than a little frustrated with this.

"Why would I need a hospital, I feel better already." joked Cadoc.
Rican rolled his eyes turning to his pack picking it up returning the papers to it and begins walking to the hospital.

Scarlett followed, a little behind them without another word, her mind was drifting to what she had admitted to Cadoc again... She was glad it went better than what she had thought it would have. "Thanks..." Scarlett said turning towards him again "For
understandng I mean." she said with a little smile giving his shoulder a slight squeeze before she returned her gaze to the hospital door and let out a small sigh of relief.

"No problem, theres no reason to make a big deal out of it." Cadoc said, casually seeming brushing off what had just happened.

Scarlett just nodded, a faint red hue forming on her face for a brief moment before she eventually stopped blushing. Then she looked ahead again where Isaac and Amaria were realizing she should probably tell them where they were going at the very least. "I guess we should catch up with the others soon." She said wondering what the others would think about this...

Hamilton

Hamilton moved quietly with a satisfied smile on his face, content with his day as he had now done what he had wanted to do. He stops when his shoulder is suddenly grabbed, making him halt in place as a figure moves itself partially out of the shadows. "Hamilton Wiltsworth." The figure spoke in a quiet, confident tone.

"Who wants to know?" Hamilton asks.

"I have been hired to stop you because of your wild nature. You are a threat to the future of the Merchant Organization, and thus, must be eliminated." The figure pulls out a blade from it's side, slowly putting it up against Hamilton's neck. "Any last words before you die?" Hamilton, however, only smirks as he chuckles. The figure growls and goes to move the knife, when the knife suddenly is broken in half. Caught off guard, Hamilton spins around and knocks his elbow into the side of the figure's head and then grabs the figure's neck with a firm grip.

"I'm sorry, but it seems you have been played for a fool. For you see, I don't like people who are willing to go against me, and so, I like to play games with them. Now that I know you were sent after me... I can confirm my suspicions." Smirking, the figure gasps as it sees a sinister darkness surrounding Hamilton.

"You... Aren't human!" The figure screams out.

"So you can notice my magic if I emit it at this level, huh?" Hamilton chuckles. "Good. In that case, let's make you the first test subject to my new powers."

"Wait... No!" But the figure's scream is ignored, as Hamilton removes his hand from the figure's throat and grabs a a hold of it's face. The figure almost seemed paralyzed with fear by the magic radiating around Hamilton. Tightening his grip slowly, the darkness moves itself into the figure, who struggles against it as darkness slowly covers itself over the figure's body until it is completely covered, and once the figure stops resisting, Hamilton smirks and extends his claws, stabbing them into the figure's chest. The figure's body only twitches as red cracks begin to form over it's body.

"What delicious power." Hamilton comments, pulling his claws out as he retracts them and walks away. The figure's body breaks away into pieces until there is only dust, the dust then being swept away by a gust of wind as Hamilton chuckles quietly to himself. "So this is going to be fun after all. Alright, it seems that I must eliminate a useless pawn and obtain a new one in his place. Vertice, don't stop entertaining me now!"​

Armskirk. This town was the first to die, eh? Well, Vokurii thought to himself. This would be most likely another disappointment. He gave himself two hours tops.

He infiltrated the town under the cover of night. Crack. Snap. The gate guards fell with their spinal cords snapped at the top of the neck. Easy. No challenge at all. Onwards. To the armory he went. Slash, clang, rip. Four more guards dead, their guts rended from their bodies and their intestines on the ground. Just a quick drink. He placed his hands on their corpses, their bodies mummifying and wasting away as other guards shout "Seize that monster!"

With a singular look upwards, he takes off the shining black mask that gave him a humanoid form. Underneath was a dragon's head, half melted to reveal bone upon the left side. The guards fall over backwards scrambling away as Vokurri snarls, enhancing his fear magic. The sight of them running and screaming. This is what he lived for. With a single leap, he closed the gap, grabbing the first guard's neck and crushing his windpipe completely, his claws digging in and popping the arteries inside. He then threw the corpse at the other guard, toppling him over and trapping him. Vokurii leapt on top of him. The guard's face was soaked with sweat. This was it. The moment of true understanding. The moment they knew they were going to die. The moment that Vokurii lived for.

"Tell me...puny mortal." He wrapped his claws around the human's neck, slowly siphoning his inner energy. "What do you see?"

The guard, terrified and wishing to do whatever he needed to stammered "Th-the perfect hunter, a perfect being!" to attempt to save himself.

But to no avail. Crunch, rip, slosh. Vokurii's steel-hard claws ripped into the man's scalp and dug into his brain, scraping out brain matter, blood leaking from the wounds in the man's skull and letting the man die a slow and painful death by purposefully evading the parts of the brain necessary to life. He wanted the guard to die slow. "You're damned right." Now, to find more targets. That kill was one he shall savor. He siphoned the guard's energy and moved onwards.

As he hacked and slashed his way through the town security at night, he came across the town armory. He grinned gleefully, something that inspired nightmares with his half skeletal visage. Explosives. This is why Armskirk was a threat to the merchants. Tons and tons of black powder barrels. He hauled each and every barrel out, leaving a line of black powder interconnecting to every house and building in town. In a small hodunk town like this, all but the guards slept and nobody took notice with the guards now dead. He took a match, and placed a series of barrels by every building. He then lined the black powder to the town gates, and lit the fuse. He saw the line of black powder spark along the ground, spreading and branching out.

Within seconds, a cacophany of explosions and screams rung out, the alarm bells ringing. Too late. He placed the barrels near the building foundations. He saw every last house and building in the town crumble. He spent the rest of his night absorbing the lives of the dead and the survivors, leaving none alive. One town down. Two to go. He hoped the other two made this lasting of a memory, he thought as he re-attached his mask. This town should allow him to live another fifty years at the least. Total time of destruction: One hour and forty eight minutes. Smoke could be seen in the horizon after the initial explosion subsided.

Theran, kneeling in the brush, moves the eye patch to the side allowing him to see seven figures on the other side of the small wall. One lying down, and appeared weak the others standing, gathered around the one lying down. -This will be fun- Theran thinks to himself, as it had been a while since he had gotten to hunt more than two targets. He decided that he would lure one of them out of the house. Then kill the rest one at a time. The contract never said how messy it was to be, or how long it was to take. So Theran decided he was going to take his time. He starts by replacing his eye patch, and moves to the door and knocks. Then round the corner climbing atop the roof. After several moments a man opened the door and stepped outside. Theran was quick dropping down on the man and dashed to the side causing a stir among those still in the house.

The man was young. He had an amber beard and brown eyes, "You yell and I will end you here and now. Now you are going to tell me who in there was Mr. Thatcher if you kindly would." The man look horrified at Theran in silence as he spoke and long afterward. "If you don't I'll just kill them all." Theran said in a slightly pitying tone faked of course, but the man was to scared to notice. "Th-th-the man on the bed....." he finally said. "See was that so hard." Theran then throws him to the ground. Slamming his blade into his skull with a sickening crack and squish. Making a slight sucking noise when he pulled the blade out. "Pity the man was such a fool." Theran said as he procceded to the house and kicked the door inward sending splinters everywhere. Three women gasped and three men turned with a look of shock on their face. The largest of which stepped forward. "You will not tou-" that was all the man got out before Theran slammed his blade into the mans ribs breaking through hitting his heard blood spilling to the floor he shoved him to the floor. A pool forming around him. Theran walked over him pushing past the remaining people looking down at the sick man then slits his throat letting the blood flow as the man begins to drown in his own blood.

Theran turns to the people looking on in horror, "Also...no witnesses." and the color drains from their face and the women dart for the door as the men step forward. Theran dispatching the first by removing his arm then his head with two quick slashes. At this point the women were screaming, and Theran was finding it hard to control himself now. He impaled the second man lifting him from the ground and tossing him to the side with the blade almost cutting him in half. Intestines spilling on the ground. He then goes outside the women standing there yelling. Theran approached and slashes the first woman's throat her screams turning to gurgles, blood spattering on Therans face. Then turns around and grabs the seconds head in his hand placing the other on her shoulder using his massive strength pulls and removes her head. Blood gushing from the stub of her neck as the body falls limp to the ground and he lets out a small primal roar. The third woman now noticing her two companions are dead becomes silent and backs away tripping on a rock. "D-d-d-d-d-d-don't p-p-p-plea-" Theran had not cared to listen covering her mouth. He slowly ran his blood soaked blade across her throat her eyes widening as her throat opened blood pouring from the opening, and she drowned her own blood. Theran watched as the life slowly drain from her eyes very satisfied with himself. He then stood as he heard shouts and the clank of armor. Theran stood there deciding not to fight them and disappears into the forest leaving a grim scene for them to find.

Volusia

On the pathway from Merricrest to Morwynne, two girls walked. The first was a bird winged girl, with white feathers and hair, her candy red eyes shining with joy. "Are we there yet Vo?"

The other girl was a strange colored human, who seemed pretty normal outside of that. "No." The girl spoke. "I'd have to check the map, and well, you currently have that." The girl stops and looks over towards an injured bird, walking over to it without hesitation as she kneels down by it. "The poor thing..." She picks it up gently into her palm and raises her palm up, moving her other palm over the bird as a strange, green glow covers over the bird. Then, once the glow is gone, the bird flies from her palm, fully healed. The girl smiles at the sight of the bird's recovery before moving back to her friend.

The bird girl laughed. "Such a sweet girl, Vo!" She chuckled as she looked at the map. "Uh...about another day of walking."

The girl, named Volusia, suddenly lowers her head dramatically. "Oh flaming stinking spiders." She raises her head up with a sigh, rubbing the back of her head. "Well... We need something to help us move faster."

The bird girl, nicknamed Oza, had an idea. "We should find a roadside stable. Then we can rent blopsaurs."

"Don't those only move in the desert?" Volusia asked.

"I'unno. I've never seen one. Maybe a horse or something?"

"Eh, sure, I suppose."

Oza stops, looking at a couple of specks in the distance. "Hold up...what is that?" They seemed to be closing in fast.

Volusia looks over in the direction. ". . .No clue."

"It seems to be coming closer, and fast..."

". . .Maybe we should hide while we still have time?"

"Y-yeah...before we get hurt." Volusia takes Oza's arm and runs to some nearby trees for cover.

Oza sheepishly follows. A pack of four small green creatures snort and cackle to one another. "Deyz sed dey would bez 'ere! Where is da girls?" One said. The creatures were goblins. Oza shivered with fright, but under the impeccable act she calculated how to take care of these cretins. Volusia watched the four, narrowing her eyes slightly.

The first goblin, a fat one riding a boar, snarled "Find 'em or I'z gonna 'ave yer bones on a platter ya gitz!" The second goblin, one with archaic tattoos and an air of elegance (as far as goblins go) noted "Boss, lemme use me weirdeyes then we'z can gets 'em good!" The third and fourth goblins, twins carrying dual short swords, say "Yea boss!" The rotund goblin shouts "Alright ya gitz 'old up! Wrak, use yer weirdeyes!"

Volusia raises her brows slowly. "What in the world? How are we going to get out of this one...?"

Oza had no choice. "Your gonna have to trust me on this one Vo. I have an idea but its dangerous."she grimaced. She didnt want to use magic but they seemed to find out about Vo. She couldn't let her know. Wrak's eyes rolled back into his head as he chanted, divining their location.

Volusia nods slowly. "Alright, whenever your ready."

Oza flaps over the rock they were hiding behind, jumping in front of them. "Lay down your arms now or face a force unlike anything you've seen!" The two goblin twins jumped her, daggers at the ready. Well...the daggers would be ready, if they hadn't fallen into crumbled rusted sticks instead of the shivs they once were. "She'z not 'uman!"

Volusia blinks, not sure what jst happened. "What.. Was -that-?"

She then rose up a hand, the boar the boss rode on quickly putrefying and crumbling away into dust. "I said. Leave. Now. Before I do it to you." The goblins quickly got the message and ran off yelling "We'll remember this ya gitz!"

Volusia walks over slowly. ". . .Oza?"

Oza quickly changed back to who she was as a sickly green light was emanating from her left hand, the light fading away. She looked embarrassed. "...You think im a monster, dont you?"

Volusia blinks. "No. I'm more wondering, why my best friend decided to lie to me about something."

"I'm very sensitive about my magic...." her face went red with shame and embarrassment. "Im sorry Vo. Can you forgive me?"

Volusia sighs. "You aren't actually an evil demonic spirit who wants to possess my body and use it to cover the world in eternal flames, are you?"

Oza stared at her for a second, shocked. Her lip quivered. "Y-you do think im a monster?"

Volusia sweatdrops. "N-no. D-don't do that to me. . ."

"I would never do something like that to my best friend anyway even if I was something like that. Decay isnt my only power you know. That's just my left hand." Her right hand glows with a shining golden light. "I have the ability to mend as well."

"O-oh... I see."

"I'm not a monster..." She glomps Volusia. "Youre my friend and I only revealed it because I didnt wanna see my bestie hurt!"

Volusia hugs her back. "I just want you to be honest with me, okay?"

"Okay then. I can also do this then." She holds out both hands, and a scythe appears in them. "I dont like this thing but this is for when bad things happen. There is one more secret...but I am sorry. I can't share that one yet. I'm uncomfortable saying it yet." She was talking about Vo's heritage and why she was with her, but she used it to cover up something else...

Volusia nods slowly. "Alright. Please tell me when it's time though, I don't want to be left in the dark." Volusia looks out to where the Goblin's came from. ". . .Looks like we're heading the right way. Those goblin's weren't just a coincidence."

"Okay. Thank you for understanding." She then heard the second part of what she said. "Wierd...why would they be following us?" She knew exactly why, but she kept the act up. "We gotta keep going. I will protect us."

"Right." Volusia moves forward. ". . .Oza."

"Yeah?"

"I don't want to lose you."

Oza smiles. "Dont worry. You wont." She winks "I'm stronger than I look."

Volusia smiles and giggles a little. "Thank you."​

A Conflict

It had been only a brief amount of time for them since they had all fought, and now Cadoc had been placed in the hospital, labeled as incapacitated. Isaac had decided to give Cadoc his space, and was now sitting in the middle of an empty space. Sitting down into a meditative stance, he closes his eyes as he instinctively raises up his right hand, while getting a quill in his left hand and putting it down on some paper. Then lowering two fingers and leaving the other three straight up, he focuses sound out around him, as those near him could hear a calm, quieting 'hum' echo out throughout the area. Isaac begins to write down something as he keeps this up.

Scarlett was sitting relatively near Cadoc, the beds were rather well spaced around here thankfully and there weren't too many other patients around surprisingly... No-one other than Cadoc seemed to have gotten hurt in that little skirmish that had occurred earlier, she herself was deep in thought, not really noticing Isaac's somewhat strange behavior. Rican sat of within relatively close distance to the group but was alone looking at an assortment of documents and maps. Cadoc lied down, having a hard time staying still, he wished he could be up, doing something, maybe hunting down the man who injured him. sighing as he looked up towards the ceiling.

Amaria sat outside the room, watching the doors. She leaned against the wall, wearing her circlet to douse her hair. Cadoc's ceaseless shifting in his bed eventually drew Scarletts attention and she turned over to look at him. "Moving around's not exactly helping you recover you know?" She commented with a less prominent worried expression on her face.

"I'm fine, just wish i could be doing something, i feel so useless just lying here." Cadoc states. Rican rolls up the maps and folds up the documents and walking out of the room, sighing and begins unbraiding his beard sitting down while doing so.

Scarlett let out a sigh "It's not like we're doing anything better... And who knows when that tournament's supposed to start." she said. To be completely honest with herself, she did wish she could be out looking for her sister, but venturing out on her own probably wasn't the best idea with "wind man" probably still flying around somewhere, attempting to hunt them down or something.

"Maybe i should just tough this injury out, and leave this hospital, i don't want to slow you guys down."

"You'd probably make your condition worse... It's not like we'd be making any progress if you end up dying or something." Scarlett said attempting to sound level headed and matter-of-factly about it.

"I'm no pushover, I won't be left weak from a single strike from a magic user."

"They say broken ribs will stab you in the heart if you keep moving too much." Scarlett said moving a hand to her head and seemingly casually brushing a stray strand of hair out of her face. It wasn't certain where magic users came into the picture, but she figured it would be best not to question his logic for the time being. Rican finishes unbraiding his beard placing the silver rings into his bag looking at Amaria for a brief moment then looks away as if in minor shame. Scarlett eyed Rican curiously, she recognized that look on his face all too well but didn't comment about it as of yet. Rican looked at Scarlett his eyebrows furrowing mildly but that ever constant look of pain in his eyes replaced with more immediate shame.

That's when Isaac enters into Cadoc's room. "You know, I was coming in here to talk to everyone, but now I'm curious. What's your 'beef' with magic, Cadoc?" Scarlett glanced away herself shaking her head a little before Isaac's voice drew her attention. Rican looks towards Isaac.

"I usually don't trust in anyone who distrusts themselves so much that instead of living off their own skill and wit, that they use an outside force, though you have shown me that not all of them are as bad as i once thought." Cadoc states.

Scarlett turned towards Cadoc with a more disappointed look "Magic comes from the soul... Or at least that's what I've heard, and it takes a ton of skill and wit to use it." she stopped for a moment before talking more "Sometimes, battles can't be won my physical strength alone." she added.

"Swordplay is not just a test of physical strength, you need to be able to think quickly, and you need to know what you are doing or you get yourself killed. Strength only plays a small part."

"Who says magic isn't the same?" Scarlett asked, her father was a magic user, yet her mother preferred not to fight. She herself somehow found her strength in her environment and her spear, but she respected each person for their own way of dealing their problems, even if she didn't ever admit this out loud. Rican strokes his beard then runs his fingers through it then returns his attention to Isaac. Amaria sighs, simply staying out of this. She seemed off, but as the rest of them were in the room they wouldn't be able to notice. She leaned against the wall, simply staring off into space.

"Magic is too disconnected and aloof, it lacks the passion that fighting face to face has."

"Probably because you never tried it yourself." Scarlett said before turning her attention to Isaac as well, occasionally glancing at Rican.

"Cadoc. I let you join us because that's just how nice of a guy I can be. But after hearing about what you did to get a bounty on your head, and not only that, but this situation was caused by you having this bounty -and- being exposed in the open, makes me question just what in the bloody world are you doing?" Isaac asked. Rican stands grabbing his pack and leaves the room pausing and glancing at Amaria. His beard was unbraided and she may note that it was odd for a dwarf to not have a braided beard. After a short pause he continues walking a short ways and sits down rummaging through his pack.

"I thought they blew up the building, anyone with empathy for the dead would want those men dead!" Cadoc shouts.

Scarlett stood up, almost defiantly "Look, if you want a little change of pace for the lack of better words... I'll help with that, he's not much for brains sometimes but, he's got a good heart and a strong will, he just needs a push in the right direction." She said standing between the two now.

"I know i was wrong, but we all believed it was them at the time." Cadoc states.

"It was not their fault for today's events. They came here because of the big bounty on your head. I don't care about a person's intentions, I care about HOW they approach a situation. And from what I've seen and heard so far, you seem to be on a suicide road!" Isaac shouts. Amaria looked to the room. She heard Isaac grilling Cadoc. She did agree with him, but...she had other matters to attend to at the moment. She felt like a fool for forgetting.

Scarlett just frowned and looked towards Cadoc "Look, when I tell you to be more careful next time, I'm not kidding. Just... Whatever you do... Try and use some of that wit you've got next time... Alright?" she said giving him a more desperate look, almost as if she was begging him.

"I-if i'm slowing you down, you don't have to stay with me. Leave me here, i will mean you no ill will, i don't want to do anything that would hurt you. I will not change my ways, but if its dangerous to you.. i don't wont to hurt any of you." Rican stops rummaging and merely sits there looking at something he held in his hands. Scarlett went quiet for a bit attempting to come up with the right words, she knew he was at least partially right, but she wasn't about to leave him behind either...

Isaac suddenly huffs. ". . .Seriously? Am I supposed to buy this? Suddenly, the self-pity road is the only path you can find, when earlier, you were downright smacking the use of magic across the face, insulting not only my family, but looking to be a racist on top of that! If you aren't willing to change your ways, and on top of that, want me to PITY you of all things... Fine. Don't bother following me anymore. I don't like liabilities, but I HATE whiners!" Isaac immediately walks out of the room and heads off for the big space he was in before. "Anyone who wishes to hear what I got, join me."

Amaria finally moves from the wall to join Isaac. He seemed upset, and she wanted to help. "Anything I can do to help you calm down?"

"I'm not asking for pity, if I am as harmful to the group as you say then i would rather not weaken it, if you wish for me to be gone then ill go!" Cadoc shouts after them.

Scarlett just sighed staying in the room for a moment longer wanting to say something. After a moment she decided to say something "If it helps any... You're not a lost cause, it's a promise. My sister used to be quite like you." she said with a small smile before she too walked out of the room after Isaac trying her best not to dwell on it too much. Rican could be seen sitting looking down at something as Scarlett entered the area outside of the room. Noticing Rican who seemed to be fixated upon something, Scarlett stopped for a moment to inspect whatever it was.

"Just listen to me. That'll help me right now most of all." Isaac says.

Rican was holding what appeared to be a small figurine of dwarf warrior.

Scarlett frowned a little scrutinizing the figure for a moment before speaking. "What's that?" She asked finally allowing her curiosity to get the better of her.

Isaac puts up the paper he had written up earlier and sticks tiny little drill-like toys into the edges of it. "Right... This is a layout of the area of the city we are in. And from what I have determined.... All these red dots that cover over most of it are enemies, while the blue dots are civilians... The few green dots are of unknown origin, and the black dots are recently deceased."

Rican sits in silence for a moment then turns "It's something I made when I was 20."

Scarlett nodded with a small smile before turning towards Isaac as he spoke now assessing the map he had made. Rican turns the figurine over a few times letting out a sniff then sighing wrapping it up very delicately, gingerly placing it in his bag.

Amaria views the map in and out. "We need to discern the fighting styles of them. If they care not for collateral damage we can assume there will be a trail of black spots where they patrol. If not, we simply need to either confront them directly or sneak past them. My crystal is still decently charged and I am more than ready to fight."

"So, what happens if we meet up with windman and his cronies?" Scarlett inquired rather curious about what other strange powers those particular mercenaries seemed to possess, all she knew was that their stones were the fuel for them. Rican stands turning to head in the room where Isaac scratching his beard looking at the map.

"That's not what has me curious. It's why they haven't reported us yet, when they clearly have the city surrounded with numbers of them." Isaac says.

"Clearly overconfidence. Or there is something bigger going on." Amaria said.

Scarlett was frowning a little now "Maybe we're not the only ones wanted around here..." she said a little uncertain of this.

"It's from something I picked up from around the area. I... Don't know what to make of it." Isaac said, cautiously.

"That makes two of us..." Scarlett said scrutinizing that map. "Never heard anything about them before." she adds trying her best to remember if she's seen anything. "Unless they're the same group that were looking for me and Cadoc... Right after that roller crashed and I found that knife." she added keeping her voice lower to deter any eavesdroppers that may be listening.

Amaria shook her head. She couldn't get caught up here. She couldn't be late this year. But she couldn't abandon Isaac either. Why did this have to go down so close to that date?

". . .Do you know of a creature that spoke to you earlier, Scarlett?" Isaac asked.

Scarlett shook her head "Someone spoke to me... Or us to be exact, but... Not sure who, or even what..." she said frowning again, that entire encounter was confusing but she had taken Isaacs word that it was just some strange recruiting process for that tournament.

". . .I heard it talking about you."

"...come again?" Amaria asks.

"What?" Scarlett asked looking quite confused now, maybe just a little fearful.

"This is going to be difficult to explain, so please, bare with me." Isaac said. Scarlett nodded now listening rather intently.

Amaria sighs. "Please explain then."

"They know who we are, they have information on us all, they know we are a threat. Yet they don't want to take us down, yet they also don't want us to become a pain in their plans. How to explain this further... Perhaps quoting it would be good from here. 'Under orders from our boss, we are instructed to keep a track on them, keep them in fear, and make sure they never rest mentally. They will do what they want, while we do what we want.' That's about all I got." After a little pondering, Cadoc gets up, and using his sword as a crutch he begins to make his way out of the hospital

Scarlett sighed, trying to keep herself calm as she listened to all this. It seems those shadow things were the most likely culprits behind this, but who knows... Maybe some other crazy organization was out there too, other than the merchants of course. Then, as she heard Cadoc getting up she stood in the way "Hey! You shouldn't be up in your condition... You're gonna get yourself hurt!" she said looking quite stern about it this time.

"Don't worry, i'm just going out to buy some things."

"If they don't intend on killing us then I say abuse it. These creatures...what did they look like?" Amaria asks.

"Not now you aren't! At least give your ribs a day or two to heal will you?" Scarlett said firmly.

". . .Sound is not the same as vision." Isaac states.

"It will only take a minute!" Cadoc said.

"Fine... Just don't overdo it." Scarlett said, she turned back to Isaac and Amaria thinking for a moment before she spoke. "Any guesses on who they are?" She asked thinking maybe at least someone else had a better idea of what was going on.

"You're joking. You're letting him leave when there are assassins looking for him and he's injured?!" Amaria shouts.

"Fine, someone else can go with me, but i really must place an order." Cadoc stubbornly puts it.

"Dammit... I'm going with him then, it's not like I can really stop him." Scarlett said with an exasperated sigh, she'd almost forgotten about those damn assassins. Though it really did make her wonder if wind man was going to make some "grand return" as soon as they stepped outside.

"i'll just place the order and come back, if the smith knows what hes doing, i wont be having an injury like this next time i fight someone."

"Amaria, there's something I didn't tell them." He said, looking a little worried, his voice lowering.

Amaria looks concerned. "Yes?"

Scarlett just sighed shaking her head and started down the hallway making sure to keep relatively to Cadoc's side, just incase his condition worsened.
"The tone he used was of a mocking one... Something is wrong about this. If we assume nothing is real, or everything is real, we'll be falling into a trap. No, someone devised this to be... Mind challenging. No ordinary assasins, no... Not even the normal trickster could come up with something this complicated. No... We are dealing with an expert, I believe. We are entering into his or her playing field." Isaac said.

Amaria sighs. "...those shadow creatures on the way to town. I think they're related to this."

"I know. Things are getting stranger by the minute. What are they called, though?"

Amaria sighs. "They are the Crimson Blade. Some of the finest assassins to ever walk Centora. These guys do anything to get their reward."
"I won't question how you know this. What I do want to know is one thing... What kind of devil are we dealing with that would hire them?"

"I don't know who hired them. They attacked your grandfather and I. Luckily they have learned to stay away from me...or at least be more careful with picking fights with me when I beat about six of them together. So you and I should be fine until they get angry."

"I'm not worried about them so much as I am about this maniac." Isaac looks to Amaria. "We're going to need someone to find someone to watch Scarlett. She's too attached to Cadoc, and trouble seems to follow him wherever he goes. But that's talk for later.... Right now, we need to get ready. This tournament is where the real game begins."

"Tournament? I don't think I ever got signed up for that...or even told about that for another matter."

Hamilton

"So the six founders gathered, and they all went about to form a new world before them. Each of them had an incredible power, unique for each of them, and with these powers, they went about to recreate the world in a new age." A woman spoke, as she read from The Founder's Journeys. "As we look to the always coming future, we reflect on what has happened in the past and how we can look to our founders as inspiring examples of the future. We hope that by discovering our own past, we will make a new future and learn from what has been lost to us for so long."

"Such inspiring words." The leader of Vertice spoke, looking over towards the merchants and diggers in the room, among the merchants was Hamilton. "I wanted you all, as representatives of both organizations, to listen to these words. We are in a great time right now, a time of change, a time that will forever be remembered in history for what we will do here in this time with our lives. I have looked upon what is known about our great founders for so long, and yet, I have learned that what they left is just a beginning to expand from. But enough about my ramblings, please, consider this offer today."

"Now hold on there, sir." The leader of the Digger representatives spoke out, standing up on to his feet.

"Oi, you cocky young fool!" A Merchant rises up to his feet. "You think that just because you got a recent promotion makes you top dog over all of us?!"

"Settle down, please." The Vertice leader spoke out. "What is it you wish to say?"

"I believe that you have been trying, for the past few years now, to try to get the two organization's to collaborate and join forces." The Digger looks the leader dead in the eyes. "Is this true?"

"It is."

"That is all." The Digger sits back down.

"Very well." Vertice's leader looks back to them all. "I will not lie to you, nor do I have any reason to, I do not like the conflict the two organization's have been having. I know this is a huge request to make of you both, so I apologize if this is sudden. But I wish for you to hear what I have to say. However, I will allow both representative group's leaders to talk in private first."

"No way!" A Digger shouts out. "Do you wish for another attack to happen, sir?!"

"I agree to this." Hamilton spoke out, standing up to his feet.

"As do I." The Digger stood up to his feet, walking out of the room with Hamilton. Hamilton mentally laughs to himself as the two go into a small room, where the Digger sits down as Hamilton closes the door.

"So, what do you call yourself?" Hamilton asked, looking over his shoulder at the man.

"I am known as Medmohr by my giant brothers."Medmohr spoke confidently.

"Giant brothers?"

"Yes, in recent decades, humans and giants have been able to bond more. That is, the ones who aren't trying to break or eat you."

"Must be rough, living in a life that is between magic and reality." Hamilton said, looking back to the door as he smirks to himself, he then looks at his gauntlet hand.

"Aren't you the same as me?"

"What?" Hamilton's smirk dies down. "I don't know what you are on about."

"I have heard about the Tarbian Humans, Mr. Hamilton. You are from Tarbis, and the humans there are much different, blood-wise, than the humans in Centora." Medmohr smiles to Hamilton. "Isn't that right?"

"Clever. So you've noticed the traits Tarbian Humans possess. However..." Hamilton started, his claws tips beginning to slide out. "That won't matter --"

"I think it does matter. You aren't planning to kill me, are you?" Hamilton freezes up at Medmohr's words, his heart beginning to race as time felt like it was slowing down for him.

"Nonsense." The tips of his claws retract back in quickly. What is going on? Is he playing me for a fool since I'm a Merchant? Or is it that he actually knew what I was about to do, and reacted to see if he could confirm it? Curse my carelessness, either way, this man has an unusual gift to him. This means he is a dangerous man, and must be dealt with here and now!

"I know a lot about Tarbian Humans than just their traits, Mr. Hamilton." Hamilton feels a sudden knot forming in his throat at these words. "I can only guess that you have the same instincts as them. Revealing what I know to you would be a waste of time, so I'll get right to the chase. I don't like Merchant's, they are responsible for so much pain, and yet, I have been unable to prove it. I want to smash your sinister organization every time I see it, I will not lie to you about my feelings." Medmohr closes his eyes. "Yet, they also have done a lot of good, for good people are in there."

"And the point you are bringing this to is what?" Hamilton asks.

"Every coin has two sides, Hamilton. The Digger's and Merchant's both apply to this, neither fully good or fully bad. However, I do agree with that man's views, that both organization's have traits the other is missing or needs. It will be both organization's required to bring about the true nature in everyone." Medmohr seems to relax as he speaks now, yet Hamilton remained where he was, unable to get close as he feared the man was stronger than he looked to be.

"True nature?" Hamilton gave in to question the man's words.

"My grandfather is one of the seven heroes regarded by the towns. In the previous generation, each town had a hero emerge from them and each of them helped to bring about a great change to people's lives. They each showed us the true nature of not just humans, but people too, and that one day, humans will be able to open up to others again." Medmohr opens his eyes. "These heroes showed us that our greatest power is change."

"But there's a problem with considering that to be living being's greatest potential." Hamilton comments. "It can be used for anything; good, evil or otherwise."

"Let's be real here, Hamilton. People created morality in order to give us an identity, to separate ourselves from how other creatures of this world act. Anyone can change something, and in this time, everyone stands on the same ground as each other. However, it is what they do with that power that will set others out from a crowd and be seen as doing something of a greater change that affects not just a certain amount of people. How long will it be before Centora undergoes another change in it's society, or even it's name? How long until the town names change, or try to expand, or more towns try to pop up, or the currency changes again, or something greater than the stones appears?" Medmohr pauses, with Hamilton feeling like the room was getting hotter.

"And this all amounts to what exactly?" Hamilton asks.

"History can be easily changed and manipulated, but time cannot. Time will always know what happened, it will always be watching us and it will never let us go. It will always loom above us, even above those who are immortal, or who consider themselves to be above everyone else. Only time will tell what the future holds for us, and what people will do in order to bring about change to the world. That is why I consider change to be so important, that is why my grandfather considered it to be so important." Medmohr stands up, as Hamilton keeps his face out of the man's sight, feeling like he was trapped in a corner suddenly. "Now, shall we head back and resume the meeting?"

• Love
Reactions: York
Status
Not open for further replies.