Changing Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meina

Meina is heading to the current roller she has to take, her body completely covered by a white cloak with a fancy reflective design near the bottom. It gave a pale but transparently colorful look and the robe itself was barely touching the floor, just enough to see the bottom of her shoes. Her head was completely visible as the robe had no hood, wearing a pair of empty bells tied around some kind of strange small plate on both sides of her head. Her mission was to guard the cave and up ahead was a roller she was instructed to use as means of transportation to the location. In it the other merchants had already gathered waiting to get going and start the mission. A tall man in mid heavy snow gear called out "Hurry up your the last one here, I want to get there and start things up already". The man beside him in a full heavy suit leaning on the side of the cart with his arms crossed, his eyes almost like he was tired simply nodded in agreement. "There isn't going to be much to miss, why in the big rush?" The tall man looked over at the guy across from him who was oddly enough in light clothing for the weather of the area. "You must be new around here, that or your an idiot. You do realize how cold it can get right?" before the other man had time to reply Meina got on the roller saying to them both in a gentle voice "We all work in different ways, we all work for different reasons. You should be patient since the ride is long but the job is fairly short. But at the least we all will be working together for that short time. So lets just start by introducing ourselves while we are here. I am Meina it is a pleasure" the tall man turned to her looking slightly annoyed "You sure do talk a lot don't you, the names Ragen Ro and this guy here is pretty silent but my trusty partner Kaien Lavasta" Kaien still leaning on the rail looked up and gave a single wave as a hello. "Just don't get in the way to much I would like to avoid getting reductions". the final man spoke "Kind of a rude remark after introducing yourself. I go by Rivir Kogasta." he responded with a smug look written over his face as he looked at Ragen. The two seemed to naturally have a bone to pick with each other it seemed.

The driver began to move the roller having heard them he gave a sigh expecting to hear a number of arguments along the way. A couple of hours he was not looking forward to listening to. Upon hearing the sigh Meina spoke to the driver "
I am sure you do not wish to hear them the entire ride, I doubt I would be able to keep them from doing so for very long. How about we chat to keep your mind off of their quarrels?". The driver smiled upon hearing that and he agreed though her reasons for chatting to the driver was not a small amount of care. She simply wanted to pull a bit of his attention from the driver to make the trip a bit bumpy if possible. to hopefully shake Ragen and Rivir up a bit as she didn't want to hear them the entire trip either.

Amaria Cinderskin

As Isaac rested in the inn, a figure would be clearly visible in the desert sands beyond the town: a red-skinned woman, gigantic in size and with a long comet streak of golden flame for hair, reaching down to her knees. Her head sported two five inch horns, and she had dark blue eyes that contrasted the rest of her. She lumbered into town with what appeared to be a masterfully crafted hammer strapped to her side, large enough to wield with two hands for a human but for her size was a simple one handed weapon. She was one of the proud Fire Giants of Tarbis, and she was seemingly looking for someone.

Isaac had fallen asleep in the chair he had sat in. Opening his eyes, he finds the woman going through town, raising an eyebrow curiously. He notices her features, and sighs to himself. "Oh boy. Let's hope nobody freaks out..." The giant woman began to inquire to the merchants about a boy with a marking upon his hand. She seemed to be asking for someone of Isaac's description, her booming voice almost able to be made out from where Isaac's room sat. Isaac raised an eyebrow at the sight, and at the description the woman gave. "Would his name be Isaac Gardener?" Isaac asked, standing up to his feet. He now wore normal clothing that fit with Fairwolf's style - Nice and relaxing, but can bare the heat for a short period of time.

The woman heard the human voice echo out and call the name of her target. She turns and walks directly in front of Isaac. Her near fifteen foot tall body towered over the boy, the heat of her hair able to be felt from where Isaac stood. "Are you Isaac Gardener?" Isaac stared back into her eyes, showing no fear.

"I am." Suddenly her mood brightens and she lets out a hearty laugh, offering a handshake.

"I am Amaria Cinderskin, Smith and mercenary. Your brother hired me to protect you. And he paid me good money to do so. So you're not changing my mind." Isaac shakes her hand awkwardly with an awkward expression.

". . .I have a brother?" Amaria simply gives him a confused look. "Yes. He hired me to protect Isaac Gardener." She then snaps her fingers. "Oh right! He said you might have a little amnesia." She examines the mark on his hand. "Just like your grandfather..."

"You know this mark?" Amaria nods.

"Aye. It was the same mark your grandfather had. He was my first job in the bodyguard business." Isaac watched her with intensity.

"Tell me all you know then." Amaria smiled as if remembering a long gone friend.

"Your grandfather, Salasar Gardener, was a red haired tyke like you...and a blacksmith much like me and my family. He was one of the most generous and kind people I have seen in my one hundred and fifty years on Centora."

"That's a long time to not have met anyone nicer."

"Exactly. He helped random passerby with even the smallest task expecting nothing in return. A true man among men." She shook her head softly. "But enough reminiscing. Where are you staying, who else are you traveling with, and what do you do?"

"I'm a Digger. I don't have a home. I travel alone."

"Ah, a digger I see." She points to the blue stone inset on the pommel of her forgemaul. "I have your kind to thank for giving me my finest tool. So you will definitely need someone like me with you for protection. Many people would like to get their hands on some spare crystals, and I will be there to make sure they see exactly what trouble they're getting into." She kneels down to his level, her fiery mane flowing like normal hair despite it being made entirely of flame. "I'm surprised you aren't scared. There's some nasty rumors about our kind these days..."

"I'm not racist, like most Centorian Human's these days."

"Good to hear. So you aren't afraid to be seen with a Fire Giant?"

"I don't think they'll even see me." Amaria simply chuckles at that.

"True enough...I do attract quite a bit of attention to myself...but anyway. I humbly join your companionship. I have no need of your crystals. I have already been paid handsomely for this job and so I shall not require a thing from you other than you don't leave my sight."

"If your going to be travelling with me, your going to have to tell me a bit more about yourself. You never even met me, yet you take a request so easily from my brother. This can't just be because of Salasar."

"My people are loyal if nothing else. If anything its only because of Salasar that I thought of taking this. He was a good man and I would hate to see his flesh and blood die before their time. I was very close to your grandfather and I made a promise to him I intend to keep. That is to protect his sons when he passes on. As I could not find your father, your brother found me and told me about you. He paid me to watch you and I agreed. That is all the reason I need."

"So you can't tell a bad person from a good one?"

"...Do you doubt me? I watch people like a hawk. Its my job."

"I'm asking if you're easy to fool."

"I would like to think myself not. But if I end up being fooled then I will end up returning the favor and making a fool of the one who did so."

"Then it looks like I have to be the eyes of the two of us."

"Then it is for the best. My client chooses the arrangements. I am paid to protect and to forge. Nothing more. To a good partnership!" With that, she slaps him on the back lightly with her massive hand. Isaac nearly falls over.

"Right. My brother.. I'ma smack him first chance I get." Isaac rubs his back. Amaria shrugs at this and simply begins to make herself comfortable while vigilantly watching for danger, taking watch near him and keeping close at all times.

"I'm going to have privacy, right?"

"Until I know you're in danger, yes. If not then I will be watching over you when you sleep." She says this so blunt and matter-of-factly that it sounded as this was an almost mechanical go to response, as if every client asked this question.

"You've had a lot of experience in this, haven't you?"

"Seventy five years of experience. I've been doing this a little under half of my life."

"You only live three hundred years?"

"No. I'm a hundred and seventy years old. Most fire giants live to be six hundred. The shortest lived of the giants other than thunder giants, but hey. At least we aren't prissy like them."

"I can see the thunder giants having it easier though."

"At least they look human and aren't called demons like us..." she sighs. "Any more questions?"

(The second part of our collab post, and the conclusion of one of the newest events. The collab is between the same people as previously listed.)

Fairwolf Struggle: Finale

Knowing what time it was, Isaac sent people in the inn to go tell the others to meet up near the front entrance. Then, he moves outside, looking around for anything suspicious. Scarlett glanced around cautiously a few times before she walked up to Cadoc remembering he still had her spear.

"I need my spear back now... Or at least until you need this thing again." She told him, figuring she'd get straight to the point. Cadoc gives her the spear back.

"What do you guys see?" Cadoc asked.

"I imagine you both want to get back to your homes as soon as possible." Isaac said.

"The road is my home as of now, no need for you to worry about getting me home." Scarlett said and nods, holding onto her spear once more as she "popped" the stone back into it.

"I just need to see my sister." She said with a little sigh, but she wasn't going to abandon the mission if there was still things to do. Amaria began to walk to join the group, her massive form most likely towering over the others by a little under three times the size of the average human, tongues of flame that made her hair licking at the air hungrily.

"These your partners, Isaac?" Amaria asked.

"They are. Your jobs are done now, you may go if you so wish you two." Isaac said.

"You think you know where my sister is by any chance?" Scarlett asked Isaac with a more inquisitive expression "She's a traveling bard known as Ansley... Ring any bells?" She adds looking a little hopeful.

"I'm not going to leave, I've got nothing better to do." Cadoc said.

"I am sorry, but it does not." Isaac states. Scarlett let out a small, frustrated sigh.

"I guess I'll have to stick around for a while... You know anyone here that might know?" She asked just out of curiosity, as much as she would love to, she wasn't really up for scouring the entirety of Centora just to look for her sister if she didn't have to. Amaria shakes her head.

"I cannot say. I know no bards other than those back home. I cannot help you, human. What is your name?" Amaria asked.

"It's Scarlett, Scarlett Vang." Scarlett replies with an understanding nod.

"Ah, right. Everyone, this is Amaria, she's apparently my... Bodyguard or something of the sort." Isaac states.

"She looks like she will be good at that." Replies Cadoc as he looks up towards Amaria.

"Well, then you two better report to base." Isaac started, and that's when all of them could hear a large explosion in the distance. "No, it can't be... That was at the Digger Base?!" Isaac shouted.

"What was that?!" Cadoc asked.

"What the hell..." Scarlett muttered looking towards the direction of the explosion I wonder who's behind that... She thought to herself. Amaria immediately unsheathes her Forgemaul.

"I can tell you one thing...its trouble." Amaria said, The hammer was the size of a sledgehammer with a larger head compared to a human but proportional to Amaria the mace was the same size as a proper steel shaping hammer. The Crystal inset into the pommel shone blue against the flames providing light nearby, polished into a perfect sphere. "Now...if we are checking it out we should be careful."

"Commander Daquan!" Isaac shouts, rushing off as fast as he can towards the smoke. Cadoc rushes along with Issac

"Who is that?" Cadoc asked.

"So much for being careful." Scarlett thought as she raced after Isaac, despite being technically off duty, she wasn't going to let a companion get into trouble on her watch. Cadoc draws his sword.

"Is anybody willing to tell me who this commander is?" Cadoc asked, as Amaria, without another word, bolts after Isaac, being surprisingly fast for her size due to her long legs. She wasn't going to let Isaac out of her sight and unlike him she wasn't harmed by flame. Isaac and the others arrive at the Digger's base. Normally, it was huge and would of been a breath-taking sight... But parts of it could be seen collapsing, flames had sprouted out along one side of it, a large hole could be seen where the entrance used to be and no Digger could be found.

"No, no!" Isaac shouts, rushing inside, despite the falling pieces that could flatten him.

Who could have... Scarlett wondered before a rather blatantly obvious answer came to her The merchants... But why? She thought as she ran after Isaac, if there was any end she wasn't willing to witness, it was those particularly large pieces of the building which were falling precariously close to Isaac as he was rushing into it.

"Be careful the people who blew this place up may still be close." Cadoc says.

"Damn it!" Amaria shouts, rushing after Isaac into the building, not even bothered by the fire. "Isaac, slow down and I will help you find who you're looking for!" She notes, attempting to keep up with him. But Isaac drowned out all other noise. Daquan had been like a father to him, and for the Commander to possibly be dead... Isaac kicks down a rubble of pile that used to be a door to a room. Hearing a groan, Isaac rushes over to an injured Digger, the others could recognize him as one of the Digger's under Commander Daquan.

"Isaac?" The Digger asks.

"Yes, it's me, what happened?!"

"Ah, I see you have brought the others... That's good. You'll need all the help you can get." The Digger said, as Amaria ends up just behind him to see this sight. She simply stops and watches, making sure the building wont collapse on top of them. Cadoc moves towards the rubble and starts trying to dig people out.

"People are still alive in this, we have to try and help them!" Cadoc shouts, as Scarlett kicked away the bigger chunks of the rubble, hoping it'll make it easier for anyone able to to get themselves out of the wreckage.

"What the hell happened here?" She asked wondering if any of the survivors had an general idea of what caused this.

"The merchants... They planned this all out." The Digger said.

"How?! We got here before them!" Isaac said.

"No... They dealt with the previous squad and infiltrated Fairwolf. They got into the base, but it was only until around 6 PM that they started to incapitate us. We tried to fight back, but they were too good. Commander Daquan headed off after the man leading this operation... They're going to take the Roller's Isaac." Isaac frowns at the Digger's words. Cadoc and Scarlett could find other members of the same team, injured, but not dead. Not yet, at least.

"We have to get to the rollers before they do!" Cadoc orders.

"Shit... I knew it!" Scarlett muttered under her breath as she began looking around for any medical personnel in the immediate area "We need to get the injured some medical attention... You think we have enough time to move them to some of those white buildings at that Inn?" She asked looking a little desperate about the current situation.

"The inn is on the way to the rollers right?. We carry as many as we can and ask for the staff at the inn to get the rest." Cadoc said.

"Its your call, Isaac. I follow your command." Amaria said.

"Amaria will handle the survivors. And the white buildings aren't at the Inn, the Inn is blue, not white. The closet white building is to the south..." Isaac said.

"Isaac, the Roller's have Texoyote blood on them. They left blood on the Roller's to track us with." The Digger said.

"WHAT?!"

"If they use the Roller's, the Texoyote's will find them and destroy the Roller's. Then they'll move to Fairwolf next with an entire pack."

"No..."

"We gotta stop them, lets go!" Amaria nods and immediately picks up entire bundles of survivors and placing them somewhere safe, following Isaac's commands.

"I knew they were planning something!" Scarlett exclaims as she looked around trying to see if she could spot any of them that have departed. They'd need to act fast and either destroy those rollers or move them to a more mundane place to throw those beasts off...

"Isaac, be careful... They're after your device. They were searching for it. Said someone higher up wanted it..." Then the Digger passes out, as Isaac's mind went into a panic. He quickly hands the unconscious man to Amaria.

"No, rushing in blindly is foolish. They planned out and did all THIS to the Fairwolf base... They'll be expecting us. And they'll know we faced the Drillers." Isaac said.

"If we take to much time on the plan, they will be gone by the time we get there!" Cadoc intervened.

"And if we don't plan this out we might as well surrender to them." Scarlett said a little exasperated, she knew her skill alone wasn't going to do the trick, but then an idea came up. "What if we use those marked rollers to draw the Texcoyotes to those merchants..." She suggested wondering if the Merchants were aware that their rollers had been marked.

"If we do that too close to the town then they will come here soon after!" Amaria comes back when she is done.

"My hammer can break steel just as easily as it can shape steel if that is any consolation." Amaria said.

"Every second we spend arguing is a second they could be stealing the rollers, we must act quickly!" Cadoc shouts.

"Fine. You three head out to stop the Merchants. I'm going to secure some beasts to help us make a quick escape." Isaac said.

"Alright lets go!" Cadoc says as he runs towards the were the rollers are. Scarlett nods and started running after Cadoc, those rollers were definitely going to be a liability unless they could divert them away from fairwolf... Perhaps there those beasts could do the rest of their work for them. Amaria shakes her head.

"I shall help you gather the beasts. I have to watch you." Amaria insists.

"And your the only one strong enough to destroy those Roller's in a second. I'll be fine, if you don't go, all of Fairwolf will be in trouble. I don't care if this temporarily breaks the deal or not, I will not have my home destroyed! Now GO!" Isaac orders, Amaria respected that. She dashed to the rollers with her hammer drawn, attempting to catch up to the others. Isaac headed off quickly. Meanwhile, after a few minutes, the three found the two Roller's... Along with Commander Daquan and several Merchants.

"Hold it right there merchants!" Announced Cadoc as he held out his sword. Amaria pointed the hammer at them.

"Back away or this hammer is going through your squishy human skull!" She roared, attempting to use her almost demonic appearance to her advantage and shouting to project herself.

"Hey! Over here!" Scarlett yelled out waving her spear wildly in the air in an attempt to distract the merchants... This should give enough time for Amaria to demolish those rollers if need be.

"Oh, so the hired group finally comes. I didn't expect a filthy Giant to be among you... But I suppose we'll have to take care of you lot next." The leading merchant replied.

"Sir, the Rollers are good to go!" A Merchant said.

"Don't do it! You have no idea what your doing!" Commander Daquan shouts.

"Silence, you old fool. Your time as a hero has passed, now you are weak, and an old fool." The head merchant said. Amaria stomps forth, the flames of her hair growing more violent.

"Back off. NOW!" She roars as she slams her crystal infused forgemaul into the first roller with her "filthy giant" size and strength adding to her now almost horrifying display.

"At this point... I'm freelancing." Scarlett said rather defiantly, she wondered how this little diversion would take... Not to mention how long those Texcoyotes would take to make it to their position, hopefully long enough to get them the necessary distance away from Fairwolf. Cadoc walks towards them, sword ready.

"If you don't surrender it looks like this will get quite messy." Everyone watches as the Roller caves in on itself, being sent flying off into the desert.

"Idiots! Do you know how valuable those Rollers were?!" The leading merchant shouts at them.

"It doesn't make any difference... They're gonna end up that way no matter what." Scarlett yelled back matter-of-factly.

"I don't, the real question is how valuable are you lives?" He says as he approaches the head merchant. Amaria glares at the rest and adds onto Cadoc's statement.

"Yes...which do you value more...the rollers or your lives?" Amaria asks.

"Fools. Whoever strikes at me will be labeled criminals! You'll be wanted!" The leading merchant points at them. Cadoc grabs the merchants head and slams it into his knee.

"I'm terrified." Cadoc said.

"Oh really now, well maybe take that into consideration before you destroy a rather harmless base just like that." Scarlett said rather casually "We're legally allowed to retaliate as an act of.. Self defense."

"You killed innocent people back there. We are returning the favor. And your law enforcement is nothing compared to the horrors of Tarbis." Amaria said.

"What are you -- UGH!" The merchant is hit in the face. "... We never attacked anyone! We arrived at the base around 5:52 PM before my men were suddenly ambushed! Some poor fool switched positions, making it look like my dead men had been Digger's!"

"Hurry, destroy the last Roller!" Daquan said, but flinches as he falls to a knee. He looked ready to pass out.

"At least get the hell away from the Roller then! That damn thing is marked by those Texcoyotes!" Scarlett yells at the Merchant taking his explanation into consideration.

"Gladly." Down cracks Amaria's forgemaul, splintering and destroying it with one fell hand. Her hair seemingly had intensified further, as if she was just getting angrier. "Your human conflicts make me sick sometimes. So many lives wasted..."

"NO!" The Head Merchants pushes Cadoc away. "Move, men!" The man glares at Cadoc before running away with the others. Scarlett sighed a little before turning to Cadoc.

"I like your style but try to be a little more... Civilized next time." She said smiling a little and shaking her head before looking on as the Merchants started to run. If they hadn't been the ones behind that base attack... Then who were the culprits?

"Now where is Isaac with those beasts...and he better have something my size..." Amaria sighs as she puts away the hammer, starting to calm down.

"It's not like i killed him or anything, i just ruffed him up a bit." Daquan forces himself up to his feet, as Isaac could be seen rushing in on a four legged beast, the one he rode was large enough for both him and Amaria. Two other smaller ones ride in as isaac jumps down and rushes over to help Daquan.

"How'd it go?" Isaac asked.

"Pretty well, they claim not be the the culprits, but they may be lying." Cadoc stated.

"They refused to back off, so I smashed the rollers. Simple as that." Amaria shrugs.

"Well... Smashing to say the least." Scarlett said attempting to make a joke. "If it weren't the Merchants who did it... Ten who else would?" She adds looking more serious now.

"Daquan?" Isaac asks.

"I... Do not know what to make of their words. But I do know a man who is telling the truth when I see one. If it was not the Merchants... Then only a Digger could of been responsible." Daquan states. Scarlett's head turned to Daquan, she had a more concerned look on her face now.

"One of your own? What for?" She asked, her voice taking on a more urgent tone this time.

"The real question is which digger it is?" Amaria sighs. She didnt have the mental acuity for this sort of thing. She was used to people being honest and fighting over unimportant things, not double agents backstabbing their own people.

"You have a bigger problem to worry about. Your friend here will be a wanted man now for sure, if his words hold true... And the rest of you may get dragged in if they decide so. You need to leave Fairwolf now. I would recommend going to Vertice." Daquan suggests.

"I didn't hit him that hard." Cadoc states.

"You think we'd fare better in Merricrest?" Scarlett asked figuring she'd feel more at home with a forest nearby. Amaria looks to Cadoc.

"It was still hitting him. And admittedly he deserved it...and no. Im gonna end up accidentally burning down the place if we go to Merricrest." Amaria states.

"Merricrest is on the other side of the country." Daquan said.

"Well so much for that then... Vertice it is." Scarlett said a little sadly, perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad idea to hang around the plains more often.

"My father owns some land, if we are close enough we could stay there." Cadoc suggests.

"Where is it at?" Isaac asked.

"Its in the south west of centora."

"Which town's it the closest to?" Scarlett asked, she wondered if it might be closer to Merricrest than Vertice was.

"I'm unsure, i haven't been there in years now." Cadoc said.

"How long will it take by animal to get there from here?" Isaac asked.

"My fathers name is lord Dahl, if that helps any."

"If we head south, we'll be facing the rivers. We'll have to find a small town close to the end of the desert. These Blopsosaur only travel in the desert."

"So i guess that's out of the question, any other ideas?"

"I guess we'll stay there for the night then... We'll figure out where to go next in the morning." Scarlett concluded, she knew they might have more than a little problem on their hands if they stayed here... She'd really have to have a little talk with Cadoc later on about future encounters with those merchants.

"We shall make southwest then. Daquan, get some rest." Daquan nods as he heads off. Isaac motions to the Blopsosaur. "Everyone get on your own Blopsosaur, except Amaria. We need to move now." Scarlett casually hops on one of the smaller Blopsosaur's... These weren't too different from the bipedal creatures she sometimes hitched a ride on in the Kinjun forests, except of course the fact that their bodies are more suited to traveling on the desert than through heavy foliage.

Cadoc climbs up on his blopsaur, he wasn't used to riding things like this, but he felt like it wouldn't be to hard to find out Amaria jumps onto Isaac's blopsosaur, taking the back so he doesn't get a face-full of fire. Isaac hops on after Amaria. "Let's ride!" With that, the three Blopsosaur ride off out of Fairwolf.

The sun started to set on the three, the forest turning orange with the sunset, the shadows of the trees flickering at their feet as they walked down the path. The forest began growing quieter as the animal life retreated to their dens and began to sleep, and for a short while only the footsteps of the three could be heard.

Oelia looks around her as they walk. "I hope we made good progress today, I am tired of all this walking. I hope we get there as soon as possible." Ansley just nodded quietly again, she too wanted to get to civilization… She envied her sister for being able to withstand these sorts of things better; her legs were beginning to tire. Akane is still full of energy, it seems that she actually wants to expend more energy considering the bored expression on her face, "Well, those are dragonberries, so that is halfway. Oh, and don't eat those." Looking a little surprised about what Akane said Ansley spoke "I-I guess they don't call them that f-for nothing…" she said looking at the berries rather cautiously now. They looked quite pretty being a reddish orange color, almost like bright embers, but her sister had always told her; the brighter the berries the more likely they were to kill you.

As they talked, and the sun kept lowering in the sky, they stopped suddenly.

As the night descended on the land, my eyes became more radiant. Nekos have good night vision, so night feels like my element. In addition, I could hide in plain sight with the use of my dagger. The circumstances are quite ideal for someone to mysteriously vanish in the night. I seem to be acting fairly normal, but as my sensitive cat ears pick up on something in the distance, I place my hands outward as if to say don't move any further. Quietly, quickly, and efficiently, "There is a group of people in the distance, I estimate 3-7, all with gear. I can't ascertain their location, but they are definitely in that direction, heading directly for us. I don't believe they are onto our location however." Somehow I seem like a totally different person. All the wasted movement was gone, the good nature, all things that made me seem lifelike were gone. And they were, for I was now the killer.

Ansley stood still trembling a little as she heard Akane "Bandits?" she thought, this was not her first encounter with them if they were indeed bandits but she'd usually seen only one or two at the most. Her harp was able to take care of threats like that most of the time but she wasn't sure how much energy her stone had left, or if she was able to take care of all 7 of them on her own...

Oelia tried to see off where Akane was looking, she noticed the neko's attitude suddenly change, but was more worried about the people. "How far away are they, can you tell? They might be simple travelers like us, I wonder if it's worth even caring about them. They could be dangerous, but they might not be..."

Akane snaps her head toward Oelia, looking at her as if she was trying to see through to the retina, "We will assume they are dangerous until we know they can't hurt us. I'm the only one who can fight, and I rely on the element of surprise. If you blow that for us, I can't defend you."

Oelia looked over at her. "They could be dangerous, but they could not be. I don't want to ambush someone who hasn't done anything to us, that makes us the villains, not them".

Looking thoughtful Ansley decided to speak "I-I can put them to s-sleep if they try to h-hurt us…" she offers gripping her harp a little tighter than she did before. She wasn't entirely sure if there were bandits coming their way or if it was just other travelers like them...

Still Oelia looks at them both. "Did you just want to hide until they passed?"

Akane glares, "Wasn't that clear?"

Oelia shrugs. "Well, maybe I'd rather not waste time hiding like a scared girl from every person that walks by."

Akane continues to glare, "Would you prefer we roll dice on if I have to slice some bandits in half?"

Ansley looked at Oelia and then Akane realizing the situation was quickly getting out of hand, she let out a shaky sigh before stepping between the two in an awkward and rather nervous manner. "I-I… W-we n-need to s-stop fighting…" she said, her voice sounded rather small compared to the other two girls but she knew if the arguing continued, whoever was up ahead would most likely catch up to them soon enough and they wouldn't be too prepared if they were indeed bandits...

As they argued, off in the distance visible to the eye the men drew closer, close enough that they could see the three standing there.

Oelia shook her head. "I don't want to fight either, I just do not want to be a murderer if these people do nothing to deserve it. And if they do, then I do not mind if they die. As for hiding, if we hide every time we see someone on the path, we will lose a lot of time. We can't run as fast as you Akane, or as far, or for as long".

Akane, seeing that she has wasted enough time trying to debate with Oelia, dashes off towards a tree with her dagger in hand. No longer going for the stealth approach, she floods the area above the trees with darkness. She doesn't remain in one place, making sounds to intimidate the bandits, as if something horrible could descend upon them. And it could, should they make the wrong move.

Still standing where she had been earlier Ansley held her harp getting ready to play an lullaby laced with it's stone's magic. Despite how vulnerable she was, she figured she could distract the now visible trio of men if they were hostile. From where she was standing, they sure looked like they were but she didn't want to jump to conclusions too fast.

Oelia shrugged again and pulled out her bow, her stone wasn't fully done charging and the bow was heavy in her hands, however, she figured if need be she could get a shot or two off with what she had. She could tell the stone would be done in a few minutes, so the best thing to do would be to hold off as much as possible.

The men drew closer, staring not only at the two on the road, but also at the branches rustling up ahead. "Well, hello there ladies, and you're… ummm… friend up there. What brings you along these roads at night?" The one in front asked, all five had swords at their hips, the two at the back were pulling a cart loaded with boxes behind them.

Ansley looked evidently nervous seeing the 5 armed men coming down the road "W-we're j-just t-travelers…" she replied her voice becoming rather small, just barely audible. She was rather scared of the men, they gave off a rather threatening feeling, but she decided to talk with them for a bit, maybe distract them incase they were going to try something...

Oelia simply glared, she wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. Her hands tightened on the bow behind her.

They looked at the two standing there. "Ya know, it's not safe down that road. Lots of unsavory types, ya know. Why don't you come with us? We'll keep you reaaaal safe, if you know what we mean." The one at the front smiled, baring his crooked and dirty teeth.

Akane is just about ready to swoop in from above with her knife. If these people aren't bandits, then they are terrible at hospitality, but she knows to wait for something a bit more hostile before making her move. If there was any chance at diplomacy, it would be in the next 30 seconds.

Ansley wasn't very convinced by the man's words, not to mention his rather… Poor dental care which was made rather obvious when he smiled. Something told her they weren't the "friendly type", her fingers slowly moved towards her harp but she didn't do anything quite yet, despite how nervous the men were making her, they hadn't really done anything wrong to them just yet.

Oelia pulled out her bow, stringing an arrow. "No thank you, we're quite able to defend ourselves." She stood her ground.

The unsavory types looked at them and laughed. "Ya know, that seems a mite too heavy for a little girl like you to be waving around. Besides, iffin you could fire it, you'd only hit one person before the others sliced ya for being insolent, much safer just to accept our offer of… protection".

Akane swoops down from the top of the trees very quickly, bringing a trail of darkness with her. Firing off her equivalent of a second warning shot, she attempts to leave a deep cut in the man's right bicep before jumping right back into the tops of the trees in her haven of darkness.

The man grabs his arm, howling in pain, he pulls out his sword and looks at the moving shadow. "Who did that?!" he yelled, point one of his men to go into the trees. He turns to the other two. "Since you don't wanna play nice, we're going to have to deal with you ourselves. We were gonna leave you alone, but if you insist on this sort of thing, we'll have to deal with it."

"C-Cover your ears!" Ansley shouted as loud as she could trying to force herself to calm down despite the fact that she was clearly on the verge of panicking. Then she started playing her harp, the melody was a lullaby, like the one she had played when they slept, but with a more haunting tune. It should be able to put the assailants in front of them to sleep, though she hoped it hadn't done the same for her two companions.

Oelia did cover her ears, she heard the melody anyway and felt a strange sense of tiredness was over here, but she was able to resist with her ears covered. Once Ansley stopped playing, she uncovered, three of the men had fallen asleep, the first man however had his sword drawn. "So, you know some tricks. *sigh* I always hate it when they make me work." While the other man begins to hunt for Akane, the first one approaches the two, his sword drawn.

Ansley's song fills Akane's ears and mind. She wants to cover her ears, but not only are her cat ears too sensitive, but with my arms occupied with keeping me in the tree, I can't cover my ears despite knowing what is coming. The only thing I can do is jump down behind Oelia, leaving the rest to her before I pass out. When I do, I sleep quite peacefully, nothing like a trained killer.

Oelia sees the neko drop down, managing to catch her in her arms, causing her to drop the bow. She picks it up, but not before the bandit is right at her face. "Excuse me dear, I have a date with that neko" the bandit says, swinging his sword at Oelia and Akane. Oelia jumps back quickly, passing Akane to Ansley, and as the bandit swings again, she sidesteps and grabs her bow, however, with him right there, she doesn't have the room to aim and fire her bow.

Ansley was caught off guard but just barely managed to catch the now sleeping Akane… "IWhat was I thinking… I should have given her more time…" She thought looking more than a little guilty, she felt quite angry at herself for that oversight… As the bandit swung at Oelia with little success a couple of times and got ready for another swing, Ansley was working up the courage to do something… Anything. "S-Stop!" She yelled at the Bandit with a fearful but determined look in her eyes, she got herself ready to run making sure to hold onto Akane as tight as she could.

The bandit turned to look at Ansley for a moment, and Oelia took the time to get distance, but as she drew her bow, the other bandit came out of the trees, ready to help. "Sorry boss, I figured you could use a little help, ya know". The leader pointed at Ansley and Akane, and the other bandit drew his sword and began advancing. Oelia didn't know what to do, if she fired at her bandit, the others would be attacked, if she fired at the second bandit, she'd take the sword.

Ansley began running as fast as her legs could carry her with Akane in her arms not daring to look behind her. She knew one or both of the Bandits would catch up to her at this rate so she looked around as she ran hopeful that there would be a place to hide or something. A faint but visible glint caught her attention which she started running towards, it had come from the brush nearby, and as she drew closer it became apparent that it was a dagger, probably the same one Akane had dropped. Using more of her strength to gain just a little more speed, she ran towards the weapon and put down Akane for a moment to free up her hands to grab it. Then looking back for a moment she threw it as hard as she could in the direction of the nearest Bandit before running to pick up Akane again.

The dagger flew threw the air, and the bandit saw it coming, moving to the side. It still hit him, cutting a gash in his left arm, he jerked back in pain, but though it hurt, it wasn't serious, and he kept advancing on Ansley. From back by the wagon, groaning can be heard as well, the bandits put to sleep previously begin to stir. Oelia saw this, and knew that if she didn't do something soon, Ansley and Akane were going to die. She sighed, knowing there was no turning back. "Have you given up yet girly?" the bandit taunted, waving the sword at her. "If ya give up now, I'll only give ya a few scratches for resisting me, not counting what me and the boys are gonna do to ya once you surrrender."

She decided there was no more options left to her. "Excuse me, would you kindly catch this?" She quickly removed her robe and threw it at him. As he knocked it to the side, he gasped, Oelia's wings were outstretched, hovering in the air, she fired her bow, the arrow went through his left arm and pinned him down to the ground as he howled and yelled in pain. Without pausing to do anything more, she quickly put the bow back onto her back and flew over to the other bandit. She knocked the bandit down from behind, flying into him at full speed. "Excuse me, sorry to get in your way", she commented, before heading up to Ansley. Without waiting for a response from her, she scooped her arms under Ansley's shoulders and lifted her up, flying away from the scene as the other bandits started to wake up.

The Bandit was closing in on her as Ansley managed to pick up Akane, but before he could manage to injure either of them surprisingly enough Oelia flew out of nowhere and knocked him over seemingly out of nowhere… She had no time to acknowledge her "one liner" as she was scooped up by her "What?... I…." Ansley thought very confused now as the situation began to become clear to her, Oelia seemed to have sprouted or revealed a pair of wings… While it was certainly unexpected and rather confusing, she was just glad that she had been holding onto Akane tightly by pure instinct throughout their sudden aviation (partly out of fear).

Oelia kept flying along the path, not able to keep much height as she held Ansley and Akane. Though her stone helped her alleviate the weight of carrying them, it was still a lot, if they hadn't been light females, it would have been impossible. Still, after only an hour, she found herself losing altitude, flapping harder and harder to try and keep up in the air. "S-sorry, I don't think I can keep up much l-longer…" she said to Ansley, they were close enough to the ground now to touch the tops of the trees. Without warning, she suddenly dropped, her wings giving up on her, and the three crashed into the forest below them, the brush breaking their fall, though Oelia had passed out, laying on the ground with her wings outstretched.

Ansley landed a little roughly on her back since the weight of Akane had increased the velocity of their fall just enough to make the landing hurt, even if it was just a little bit. She looked around for a moment at Oelia who was currently passed out from exhaustion and then the similarly unconscious Akane in her arms before she too started to doze off after a few moments despite her best efforts to keep awake. The days events combined with all that running had worn her out, but she managed to speak just a little beforehand "I-I'm sorry…" she said not even sure if her voice was heard, and then she was asleep… Her tiredness had finally won her over.

Hamilton

Hamilton had been taken inside to the tower's resting rooms, where he was allowed to relax in some privacy at last. Moving some curtains, he looked out to the town to see it in the dark. He recalled how relaxing his last trip had been, how he had been accepted into the Merchant's. He wondered back to home for a moment, and he thought about how Tarbis was like now, how it was considered too far gone to many. Yet hope remained in Hamilton's heart, for whatever reason, he kept it close as if a reminder of where he came from and how life was like before he went to Centora.

But that was good for him, Hamilton knew things would go smoothly from here, as he runs his hand along the brick walls around him. Moving over to a desk, he sat down and took out some paper, taking a quill that had a flight feather in it from a Roduin. He examined the quill, as the red feather with a black design on it appeared intimidating, as was the Roduin found most commonly in the mountains. He thought about how beautiful the creature was, how people tried to tame them and use them as pets, an effective killer, Roduin could be found eating smaller animals, that included smaller birds. Putting the end of the quill into some ink, he begins to write on the paper, perhaps this letter could help ease his mind.

Genevieve stepped to the side, half expecting the roller to strike her, however it stopped not far from where she stood and an elf climbed out of it. The two locked eyes for a moment before the elf instructed his driver to take her to Vertice if she requested. Then the elf walked off before Genevieve could even say anything to him. The door to the roller was left open so Genevieve climbed inside and leaned toward the driver with the card the lady had given her earlier that day. "Do you know anything about this?" She asked as she handed the card towards the driver. Silence engulfed the interior of the roller as the driver stared at the card for a moment and without another word simply began driving with Genevieve still in the roller. "Shit, I'm going to get kidnapped right now aren't I" She thought to herself as the roller picked up speed and the driver still remained silent.

Isaac

Amaria rode with Isaac keeping a close watch. She had never been so close to a human before...not since Salasar...but even then it was pure business and concern for a friend. This felt different. This man was certainly like his grandfather in some respects, and he had a good head on his shoulders. He was respectable so far. Isaac stops when they arrive at a small place, moving the four-legged creature into a nice place for it to rest. "Alright, let's get some rest." The town was smaller than the main ones, all it really had was small little homes for travelers to take in and rest. "Everyone can go find a home to rest in." Amaria shakes her head again.

"Nope. Im staying with you. We are in trouble now and I will be keeping watch on you."

"I know. I wasn't referring to you." Isaac states, moving ahead to find a home big enough. Amaria simply follows him until they find a house big enough to fit her. She actually felt to be a little bit of a burden in this regard.

"Sorry that I am making you accommodate because of this. But...I must do my job. You know that."

"If I said you were bothering me, I would of told you to hit the road." Isaac said, before opening the door for her to enter. Amaria laughs.

"To the point...I like that." She steps in, trying to calm her hair so she doesn't burn the place down. Isaac sees her doing this. ". . .Wait here." Isaac closes the door, running off who knows where. Amaria waits with puzzled expression on her face, wondering what he was up to. Just this once she would let him out of her sight. Isaac soon comes back in and closes the door.

"Lower your head. This costed me a fortune." She sits down cross legged and tries to see what he had brought her. Isaac walks over and puts a hat over her head. She can only see smoke coming off the top of her head now. "There. Your hair has been put away, as long as you wear that. Now you don't have to worry about burning anything." Amaria smiled.

"You're a kind soul, just like your grandfather. But you better crack a window so the smoke doesn't choke you."

"It'll go away in a bit." Isaac shrugs.

"I've done nothing but hound you and break a few rollers that got us into trouble. Why do you care what happens to me?"

"Feh." Isaac begins to head to the single bed in the apartment. "I don't like seeing people die."

"Your grandfather said stuff similar to that." She smiles warmly while looking him up and down. "Its almost like I see Salasar again in front of me..." she seemed uncomfortable getting too close to Isaac, so she leans on the wall, her head now covered by the hat that Isaac gave her. Isaac sits down on the bed.

"Better take a good look. Because I'm not Salasar. Salasar is dead."

"Indeed. You're not. ...you share qualities similar to my people. Trustworthy. To the point." She seemed to be trying to say something, but she couldn't exactly put it into words.

". . .You got something to tell me?"

"...Yeah. You're alright for a human." She makes a dopey smile. Her red skin hid the fact she was blushing, as she had a hard time saying what she was trying to.

". . .You're the first real giant I ever met. What am I supposed to say back?"

"I dunno...whatever you think is right. Just be honest. My job comes before what you think of me..." she said, as though she expected him to say something off-putting or bad about her. She began fidgeting a little.

"I don't care about the job. You're a person, not a tool."

"Then please...tell me whats on your mind. Really. I value honesty."

"What do you mean what's on my mind?" Amaria shrugged. "It almost seems like you're trying to say something now, but I might be mistaken. I've never been too good on the whole social front..."

"I'm more wondering if your going to be using the bed when I'm asleep or not." Amaria stared at him for a few seconds. Her face actually reddened just enough for Isaac to notice, going from a pinkish-red to a color similar to an apple.

"...Excuse me???"

"You need sleep too, right? And there's only one bed in here."

"U-uh...n-no, I don't need to if you don't want me to. Besides it would probably be uncomfortable for you...I can always take the corner or the floor..." She seemed to be stammering a bit. What was she thinking about?

". . .You're not an animal."

"...You are really okay of being in the same bed as a giant? You're afraid I wont roll over and c-crush you while you sleep or something?"

"I've been through worse." Amaria attempts to shake the thoughts out of her head, with no luck. She simply puts her forgemaul next to the bed.

"Very well. I am also rather tired, and I doubt anybody would attack you while you sleep for fear of awakening me...i-if we are gonna be in the same bed..."

"What is it?" Amaria stares, her face still apple red. "Wh-what do you mean 'what is it?' Theres nothing to say..."

"You said if we are gonna be in the same bed, as if wanting to say something. But whatever." Isaac slips into bed, resting on one side and leaving enough space for Amaria to get on. She stammers.

"I've never shared a bed w-with anyone and I'm a bit embarrassed is all..."

"Just get in." There was the blunt, to-the-point attitude again. Why did it make her... She decided not to think about that. She simply takes off her sandals and her belt and shyly climbs into bed with him. Isaac closes his eyes, drifting off into sleep. When he seems to fall asleep, Amaria does too. In her sleep she seems to actually cuddle up to Isaac as though he was a teddy bear or something.

Scarlett
Scarlett nodded when Isaac told them to find seperate rooms though she glanced at Cadoc with a slightly concerned look showing on her face. "I don't trust you going by yourself... I think I better keep an eye on you just incase." She said to him cracking a small smile and giving him a playfull punch on his shoulder as she walked close enough to him. It wasn't that she didn't think he was capable of defending himself if things went awry, but rather that in the process of doing so, he'd end up getting himself into more of a mess than they were already in... In addition; they could both probably benefit from keeping closer together incase the group were to be separated at some point, it might be easier to locate one another if they were only split in half rather than scattered in 3 or possibly even 4 groups. She cocked her head to the side just a little looking at Cadoc and waiting for his response on her rather cryptic way of requesting to share a room, it was nothing but a concern for the groups safety, right?

Last edited:
The roller zoomed away from the city and into the neighboring forest. There was an obvious path that seemed to be worn into the dirt by many rollers and travelers. Genevieve sat in the back of the roller silently praying, although she didn't believe in a god to pray to, that she hadn't gotten herself into trouble when she stepped into this roller. She didn't have much practice in the way of self defense, and with no place to run she had little faith in her abilities to fight off the driver. Genevieve looked to the old ring blade she had brought with her. It was once her mother's and hadn't been used since Genevieve was born, she wasn't even sure it would hold up to any sort of legitimate use. It was an awkward weapon regardless, resembling a hula hoop and a sword smashed together by some mentally impaired blacksmith, not that it didn't look pretty hanging on the wall, but it didn't seem practical especially in such a situation.

Eventually Genevieve spoke up to the driver, "Uhm... Mr. where are you taking me?" The driver looked over his shoulder at her then quickly back to the trail in front of him.

"I know the lady you got that card from. I know why you have that card. And I know exactly where this woman would expect to find you." He said in an emotionless sort of tone. Genevieve felt a bit less uncomfortable after having heard that, it was ambiguous but direct enough for Genevieve to believe him. The roller continued on through the dense forest and Genevieve couldn't help but succumb to the fatigue of the day as she began to drift off to sleep.

Hamilton

Under the moonlight sky of Vertice, a pillar of smoke rose from the largest forge in town. The problem was...it wasn't smoke from the forge itself. Someone was burning it down. Hamilton, along with a few other merchants, are sent to the location as quickly as possible. Once they arrive, the team look for who was responsible. At first, they see nothing...until they hear a merchant scream. When they find him, nothing is there...except the mummified corpse of the merchant. "Keep searching!" Hamilton orders.

Another merchant down. And another. Until only three are left not including Hamilton. Nothing more than withered bodies, as if all the fluid and organs in them had been dusted and all of their muscles gone. "Everyone, fall back to me!" Hamilton ordered again. As the men return to him, the first of the three might have seen a flash of white eyes before being gorily torn in half.

"What was that?!" One of the merchants scream.

"Next." Is all the merchant would hear before being engulfed in red energy, black scaly claws around his throat as he felt the life energy sucked out of him.

"A -- A MONSTER! AAAAAA!!!!!" The last merchant fires arrows at the creature. The creature simply dodges them as in a singular leap he closes the distance and rends his claws into the merchant's face, crushing his skull and tearing at his brain and eyes. The merchant would fall to the floor, and the figure would now be visible from the light of the flame to Hamilton. A creature with lizard-like features, black scales, a bladed tail, and two piercingly white glowing eyes stared him down. He exerted an unnatural aura of fear.

"Are you going to be a disappointment like your companions?" It asked in a reptilian hiss tone. Hamilton would know him as a Dragonkin, the humanoids evolved from dragons. He was certainly no normal Dragonkin however... Hamilton smiles wickedly, and without hesitation, bows from his waist.

"Welcome to Centora, Lord Dragonkin."

"Ahahahaha~...one who finally recognizes my greatness.....you have permission to speak to me before you die." Hamiltion rises back up, and immediately, the Dragonkin would notice Hamilton's unusual hand. A hand that looked like it was a part of him, a clawed gauntlet with a blue stone infused into his hand. Hamilton's claws extend out, as if to reveal all he has on him.

"I have no intentions of fighting one with such god-like powers as yourself. I, too, am from Tarbis, and am familiar with your clans."

"I see...then you are familiar with the Umbra clan? Tell me Mon'Keigh...are you familiar with ranking or titles in the Draconian clans?"

"Indeed that I am, Lord Dragonkin. It would be rude not to."

"Well, you will be simply...delighted~..." he stops to make himself more terrifying. "To know that I am an Umbral Darkborn...the chief warrior of the Umbral tribes. I am a reaper in draconian form...and you have lived to see one. You should feel proud." He cackles to himself.

"Oh, that I am, your grace. And that power certainly is on it's own league in this country. It would be a waste to see you get hunted down over one small crime, but perhaps we can work out a deal to prevent this?" The Dragonkin cracks a smile.

"Gutsy. I like it...what is your deal?"

"If you join the Merchant organization, we can 'cover' your criminal acts, such as this one."

"...Vokurii. Vokurii Darkborn."

"Hamilton Wiltsworth."

"You keep me from getting in trouble, and I will grace you with my protection. Point me in the direction of your foes and I will do the rest. Hehehe..."

"Good to hear." Vokurii smiles and bows.

"Now...mister Wiltsworth...please direct me to your home so I may make myself more...comfortable."

"We should put this fire out first." Vokurrii smiles and inhaled, letting out a noxious red cloud as he exhaled, the fires choked out by the necrotic, life-ending energy. "Ah, yes. Let us move." Hamilton leads Vokurii to the tower. Vokurii follows behind. He now could have a method to his madness. And he enjoyed that a little too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ill stay with you guys, but you don't need to worry about me, i can take care of myself" Cadoc replied confidently.
"In either case... I'm coming with you like it or not." Scarlett told him stubbornly, she felt it would be necessary, even if she wasn't entirely sure why this was the case.
"Alright, lets just hope that we don't have to much trouble with the authorities" he said, thinking about how he hit the merchant
"That's what I'm concerned about silly!" Scarlett said in a more joking manner shaking her head a little before she looked serious again. "Anyways, let's find our house I guess."
"Alright" looking around "any idea which one it is" he asked.
"I guess any... Pick one." Scarlett said when she saw Isaac and Ameria walk off towards a larger home. "Though I think we'd need a more sizable one to stay in." She added noting how small most of the houses seemed to be.
"Sure how about this one" he said pointing towards a decently sized house
Scarlett shrugged "Yeah, I guess it'll work for us." she said before heading towards it.
Cadoc walked into the house when he entered he noticed it was nicely furnished and not fairly clean.
"looks like a nice place"
"Yeah... Could do with a little house work though, let's see how the beds are." Scarlett said noting the fine layer of dust coating everything, she hoped the bedroom would at least be cleaner.
Cadoc made his way to the bedroom "if there's only one bed ill sleep on the floor" said Cadoc before entering
Scarlett shook her head "I'll do it, I've slept on hard surfaces before so it should be fine." she said walking after Cadoc, the bedroom started to come into view, sure enough there was one bed, but it didn't look like there was enough space on the floor for anyone to sleep on.
"Ive slept in uncomfortable places as well, ill be fine, you can have this room"
"I don't really think the rest of this house is in a good state to sleep in... I guess we could sleep in... In the same bed?" Scarlett looked a little unsure about what she said, not to mention a little nervous.
"very well" said Cadoc "I'll take the left side, you can have the right."
Scarlett just nods climbing onto her side of the bed, she didn't pull the covers over her though, usually she went without them anyways.
Cadoc made his way to the bed a got under the sheets, he has not slept in a bed for months and it was nice to be in one again
The bed was surprisingly soft, a lot softer than most of the surfaces she'd grown accustomed to sleeping on. It didn't take long for Scarlett to fall asleep, she looked peaceful for the most part, not making a sound as she slept.
Cadoc slowly drifted off into sleep, glad that he had friends who would watch his back now.

Isaac

It was early morning now, and Isaac had another unpleasant night. Before Amaria had awakened, he had gotten out of bed to set up everything in the apartment. Once she was awake, he made them both breakfast and sat across from her to eat his food. Amaria smiles and eats her breakfast. Due to her size, she had to eat a portion three times as big as Isaac's. "Thanks for the food." She notes in between bites. She seemed to be daydreaming.

"No problem." Isaac said as he finishes his meal. Amaria finishes hers.

"So...what is in store for today???" She asks, as Isaac stands up

"We get out of the desert." Amaria gathers her belongings.

"Very well. Where are we headed to?"

"Vertice."

"Understood. Ready to leave when you are, Isaac."

"It depends on the others."

"So...what to do in the meantime..." She seems to trail off again.

"What's wrong?" Amaria snaps back out of it.

"Hm? Oh, nothing. Just thinking about home. And..." She seemed to clam up again.

"And?"

"Never mind. Dont worry yourself about it. Its a personal matter I was thinking of."

"I can help."

Amaria thought to herself. //More than you know.// "No...its nothing. Forget it."

"Just tell me. Is it one of the family?"

"No...I was thinking about Salasar. I never quite got over his death...I still have flashbacks of the good times with him."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

You don't have to be. They...they are good memories, despite his passing. You remind me so much of your grandfather...I hadn't thought of Salasar in ten years until I saw you."

"I look nothing like him."

"Not your appearance. Your personality and actions."

"Tch." Amaria shrugs. She was lucky she threw him off of the real reason, although that was a small part of it.

"So what do we do in the meantime?"

"I don't know."

"Hmm..." The thought she had before was coming back. But she didn't want to tell him. It truly was like being with Salasar. Down to every last detail... Isaac sits back down and sighs.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know what to do." Isaac said, looking rather impatient. Amaria shrugs.

"We wait." //Should I tell him? No, its only been two days. And im not even of his race. He would reject me.//

"I'm going to sleep then."

"U-uh...okay. I need to take watch over you again then."

"Fine." Isaac got up and went to the bed. Amaria followed him, taking watch and thinking of what she would or even could say to him in the coming days. Isaac lays down on the bed and closes his eyes.

"Sweet dreams, Isaac..." As she says this, Isaac's mind enters into a different dream, one of complete silence.

Hamilton

Vokurii skulked the halls of the Merchant Tower, looking for a proper torture room or dungeon. He loved to watch humans leap and scream at his imposing form. "And what are you looking for, Lord Vokurii?" Hamilton asks. Vokurii turns to see the human merchant had followed him.

"Ah...Sir Hamilton. I am looking to see if you have any sort of prison or..." He licks his chops. "Torture rooms~?"

"I thought the deal was to keep you -out- of trouble."

"Yes...but if they're you're prisoners i'm sure if you don't mind if I...hehehe...scare them straight?"

"Lord Vokurii, I apologize, but I will be giving you lessons on how to... Fit in, with the richer community here in Centora. In other words, make you civil." Vokurii grunts.

"Ugh...fine. I will play along with your human politics...for now."

"Very good. Come with me, we shall make you a civil and more cunning fellow yet."

"You will not change me out of my vestments however. This armor represents my status."

"Never said you had to, just your personality needs tinkering."

"I will act. Nothing more. I am who I am..." If Vokurii was anything he was proud.

"Your choice, not mine." Hamilton opens a door for him into a room. Vokurii follows behind.

"What is this, now?"

"This is a small room among many we keep here." Hamilton walks in and closes the door. "This will help you learn and adapt." Vokurii raises a scaly brow.

"What do you mean exactly???" Hamilton pulls out a book and hands it to him.

"Start reading this. From beginning to end." Vokurii looks to the book and snatches it with a clawed hand.

"...What is this."

"A book." Vokurii roars "Do not patronize me, I know a book when I see one! I mean what is the book about?"

"Read the title?" Vokurii views the cover, not exactly enjoying Hamilton's tone. 'Mannerisms for Non-Humans and Dummies.' Vokurii finishes reading the cover, and glares at Hamilton before tossing the book to a corner of the room.

"Do you take me for a damned fool, human?!"

"It is the requirement of this country. As you see, it is clearly racist, and disrespects your kind. Have you ever wondered why Dragonkin sent to investigate never came back?" Of course, Hamilton was exaggerating a little, but if it got Vokurii angry and on his side, that was fine. Vokurii narrows his eyes. He was proud, but that pride could be easily played.

"I am not like the other foolish clans...especially the Golden clan...damned weaklings..." He mutters before picking up the book. "You're lucky I like you, Hamilton. If I didnt you would be a gory mess on the floor. Or a lifeless husk."

"Again, it is a requirement here. If this were Tarbis, mannerisms wouldn't even be needed."

"Yes. They wouldn't...I will attempt to learn these mannerisms you humans clamor for. So allow me to read in peace."

"Very well. I shall wait."​

Scarlett
It was morning when Scarlett woke up, this was quite obvious because the sun was shining through the window, and unfortunately the bed was at just the right angle where it was more or less shining directly in her face. Slowly, and a little grudgingly, she got up rubbing her eyes as she did so, as she started to wake up she realized something; she couldn't remember the dream she had last night. In fact, she couldn't remember anything that happened after she lay down on the bed, looking next to her she saw Cadoc still asleep, figuring she'd let him do that for a little, she got out of bed. It wasn't too out of the ordinary that Scarlett had forgotten what she had dreamed of, it happened every now and then, so she didn't really pay it too much mind as she walked around the dusty house. There was a fire place in what looked to be a rather run down kitchen, there were a few logs laying near it thankfully, she always carried a piece of flint on her along with a small rock to start a fire if need be though she didn't really see any point in starting a fire at the moment. Her stomach grumbled just then reminding her she hadn't eaten in a long while, and she realized the entire house was devoid of any food, she'd have to hunt for something, but she couldn't do it alone... Not in these unfamiliar lands, so she went back to the room where Cadoc lay sleeping and attempted to shake him awake "Wake up sleepy head! I need your help with something!" she called to him playfully as she shook him.

Last edited:
Cadoc woke up, a bit surprised "huh, whats going on he said" as he got up "I hope i didn't sleep in too much" . he go up and stretched out a bit "we should go find the others, i bet they're waiting for us"

Genevieve woke as she felt the roller slow to a halt. The driver turned back to look at her over his shoulder, "You are gonna want to go to the Merchant base not far from here. This street we are on, walk north and take the..." The man paused to count silently using his fingers. "The 5th right."

"Uh is that where the lady will be?" Genevieve asked but the only response she got from the driver was a point to the door with his thumb. She took the hint and hopped out of the roller which quickly sped of afterwards. Genevieve looked around the city, it was about mid-day judging from the sun which was high in the clear sky. The city seemed larger than Merricrest and much busier, the streets bustled with all sorts of individuals going about their own business.

Genevieve began walking the direction the driver had pointed to when he said north, assuming that was the correct way. Genevieve felt lost and the look on her face illustrated that to anybody who looked at her, however nobody offered her any help, most of them just giving her dirty looks. She walked slowly, taking note of the new environment around her. After what she counted to be 4 streets she turned right at the next intersection, and after not long she came to a building that she recognized as a much larger version of the merchant base in Merricrest.

As she approached the entrance closest to her she came into speaking distance with a tall bald man next to the doorway. "Excuse me Mr. Is this where I'm supposed to be for this?" She held out the same card she had shown the driver hoping he would have a similar reaction to it. The man took a second to read the card then looked Genevieve over before reaching out and grabbing her by the collar of her tunic and pulling her into the doorway. Without a word the man dragged her to a room not far from the door and pushed her to the floor, the room wash furnished with a table and a few chairs but was bland and felt incomplete. "Stay." The bald man said as if he were commanding a dog before he closed the door, leaving Genevieve alone as she readjusted her tunic.

Scarlett
Scarlett was about to tell Cadoc she had figured they should catch themselves something to eat for breakfast, however what he said quickly reminded her that the others were probably around too... Before they were to do anything, it was probably for the best to go consult them at least, or at least decide when and how they were to get to Cadoc's home which he said was supposedly safe for them. "I guess we should... Let's get going then." She said before promptly walking towards the door leading outside, the sun was rather bright for her as her eyes were not used to such light this early in the morning, but soon enough her eyes adjusted. Scarlett looked around at the other houses near them feeling as if she still had something to tell Cadoc, however strangely enough she couldn't really think of anything right away, perhaps she'd remember later, if she wasn't just having that feeling for apparantly no reason of course.

Cadoc followed Scarlett outside of the building, looking around for a moment "you would think a giant would be easier to fine a giant. Do you see them?" He asked Scarlett

The door opens and a merchant in some strange outfit could be seen. The figure wore a white expressionless mask that had three lines running down it, had a bllack cape around them that was red on the inside, and had the Merchant Organization ensignia on the back of the cape. The figure walks over to her, pulling out a strange device and inserting a blue stone into it. "Hello." A distorted voice calls out, as the same ensignia appears on it's screen.

Genevieve watched as the slightly intimidating figure entered the room. "Uhm... Hello?" She spoke, unsure if the figure was speaking through the device or it was a voice from outside the room and the figure in the mask merely was a messenger.

"Do not be afraid. This is one of the Organization's highest ranking members, an elite group that have been trained to protect the Head Merchant."

Genevieve looked up to the supposed bodyguard and gave him, or her, a nod.

"You must be Genevieve. I apologize if you were treated roughly here. But you are in good hands now. I am the Head Merchant, call me, The Mistress."

"Thank you Mistress."

"So I heard from one of my own that you have a brilliant idea to share?"

"Is that the lady that gave me this card?" Genevieve still had the card in hand after all this time. The masked figure nods to her. "She seemed to get really worked up when I said how we shouldn't use stones."

"Tell me more."

"I just don't think the stones are as good as everybody else does. I think we abuse them and we would be better off if we stopped using them all together.Just look at all the people that use the stones to kill and other bad things."

"Well, call me impressed. But how do you plan to do this?"

"We could destroy them couldn't we. Or throw them in the ocean. I think we can convince people that they don't need them."

"But they are also our currency."

"Well... Is there a way to drain the power from them?"

"No."

"What was used as currency before? We can always change it." Genevieve was worried now that they had taken the time to get her here and seen how little she knew about the subject that they would do something bad to her.

"I do not think there was an official one."

"That can always change though. Why don't they make something the can better regulate? Like Something man made."

"Too many stones."

Genevieve searched her brain as hard as she could to find a better answer but in the end had no idea what she could say. "I don't know that I have an answer to your question Mistress."

"Perhaps, I can help."

"If you would be so kind"

"I would like for you to give a speech this evening."

"Wait what? A speech? To who?"

"The people. Here in Vertice."

"Uh, I'm not much of a public speaker."

"It is the best way to start building up your confidence."

Genevieve stammered to come back but her words failed her. "I guess so."

"How does five sound?"

"Is somebody going to help me write this speech?"

"Of course."

"Ok. Five then."

"Very well." The masked figure turns to the man who put her in the room. "You there. You shall give this woman the finest room you have available. And whatever she asks, it shall be answered. Am I clear?" When the man looks to see the Kitsune he prepares to speak in defience but stops when he looks back to the masked individual before him, unstead he simply nods. "Good. Then escort her to a room, chop-chop. And if I find she's been mistreated in anyway.." The masked figure raises a hand, claws quickly sliding down onto the tip of it's fingers. He nods again before looking back to the kitsune, "Come then." Genevieve follows him, coming to another doorway after a few turns through the halls and trips up the stairs. As he opens the door for Genevieve to walk in she notices the room is much bigger and more nicely furnished than the last.

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Merricrest Trio[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane wakes up, finding myself in a new circumstance. It had been a very long time since she had fallen asleep without knowing her exact surroundings, and at least 5 different escape routes. Now however, she was stuck in a thick brush, my dress now in tatters from the violence of the fall. It wasn't that the fall was particularly bad, so much as my clothes were highly unfit for traveling. With the thin straps now broken, my dress can't hold itself up. With it proving to be quite a hindrance, Akane removes it, leaving her only in her pink and white undergarments. However, before abandoning the rest, she feels her secret pocket, expecting to find her dagger. When she doesn't find it, a sense of great unrest overcomes her. Soon she starts looking around the groups bags and pockets in a frenzy. You'd think that she was injected with a fatal toxin, and was searching for the antidote with the fervor with which she searched. She searches without concern for the tiredness or belongings of the other girls. When she doesn't find what she is looking for, Akane begins to feel very unwell, like a great dizziness took over her. Tears rushed down her face as she chants restlessly, "Where is it..?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley started to stir a little groaning softly as her eyes slowly opened, it took her a few moments to remember what had happened. A sound started to become obvious to her as she was becoming aware of her surroundings, looking around she saw a rather sad Akane who seemed to be lacking of any clothing save for her undergarments. As embarrassing as it was, it just made her feel worse about what had happened back when they were fighting the bandits… This situation they were in had most likely been brought upon them by her foolish attempt to help. She looked down at the harp which she still gripped tightly in her hands wondering if now would be a good time to play it. Usually she would have already started doing it, but she was afraid she's somehow make the situation worse again. Ansley knew nothing else she could do though, he sister was better with comforting people with her words than she was. Knowing that, she started playing her harm again, the melody was different from the last few, almost like the one she had played to calm down the demon girl a few days back. This particular song had a cheery but sad tone to it; her music often was influenced by her own emotions after all.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hearing the sound of Ansley's playing, for a moment, the dizziness Akane had been experiencing started to fade. The intense longing for her weapon faded. Unfortunately, with her feelings no longer focused on the paralyzing fear, there were still a number of sour feelings. Ansley's mistake, Akane was becoming more and more aware of it. The cold from no longer having any clothing cover, the sadness of losing my precious dagger, the humiliation that has been suffered; Akane became aware of it all. The tears keep flowing, and as Akane moves towards Ansley, she can only muster out a few words, shaking all the while, "I- I, I can't believe you. You are so irresponsible, and stupid. You just had to leave it to me, but… but…" Akane falls against Ansley, hugging her tightly, desperate for any kind of emotional support. The immense fear was coming back to her, filling her body with weakness. The feeling of helplessness soon overwhelmed Akane. Terrified, "They are going to kill me now. I can't stop them."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The hug had come rather unexpectedly as Ansley had thought something like that wasn't possible after what she had done. Despite how awkward it was to receive it from someone who was barely dressed at all, she was still glad to have gotten it at all. She noticed how terrified Akane was becoming as she started to shake and speak some more, and Ansley realized she needed to say something… Anything.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"What would my sister say…"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] She thought trying to put herself into her sisters shoes as she started to blush. "I… I won't let that happen…" She told Akane in a determined but rather soft voice, it was her attempt to try and say something her sister would say.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Even though Akane could hardly believe those words, especially coming from a person like Ansley, with a voice like that one, but even still, it was a new feeling to actually expect protection from anyone. Even simply flirting with the idea of someone protecting her, giving her a place where she can feel safe, felt incredibly relieving. Akane always grew up expecting the worst, facing the world alone. Now, for the first time, she was left with no option but to trust in others. Laying motionlessly against Ansley's shoulder, Akane is still terrified, but it isn't quite like it was before. She could still think, and her trembling stopped. Akane thinks, "For the moment being, Ansley is going to be my weapon." Though even with thoughts like this, Akane still fails to observe her surroundings. It seems she needs a few moments to herself to re-situate herself.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hearing what Akane just said made Ansley smile a little despite her timidness, she was glad she'd used the right words… It was the first time she'd been thought of as a protector rather than someone practically defenseless.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm going to make it up to you Akane… Somehow."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] She thought, just then, a sudden feeling made its presence noticeable, a feeling that she was missing something, forgetting something. Thinking back on the events of yesterday, a sudden realization hits her. "O-Oelia…" She whispered diverting her attention from Akane for a moment as she started looking around for her. Soon enough she spotted an unconscious Oelia laying on the ground with… Wings? Perhaps that's how they had been flying yesterday, but it was clear they weren't in good shape as they looked to be quite mangled. "Sh-She's h-hurt!" She exclaimed upon her realization of Oelia's state, she was at a loss of what to do though, she didn't know much about treating broken bones, but something had to be done.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane's ears perk up as she hears Ansley mention Oelia. Still holding onto Ansley, Akane turns her head to look over in the same direction. It was a truly troubling sight to look upon, seeing Oelia's wings bent in a way that they shouldn't be. It looks painful, and Akane can't help but turn away holding onto Oelia. Had she still had her weapon, this would be the time Akane fled. She has no medical experience, unable to form even a splint for even her own anatomy, much less for wings. There is no way Akane could do anything for Oelia. The bandits will eventually pin us down if we just remain here. However, Akane can't fight without her dagger, as she cannot strike with enough force to incapacitate the bandits. There is only one recourse. "Ansley…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley looked back at Akane again upon hearing her name being called prying her eyes away from Oelia for a moment. She didn't have much experience in terms of treating broken bones, but she did know how to make a splint, the problem here was that a splint may be harder to fashion for a pair of wings than for an arm or an leg. Ansley wondered if Akane had an idea or two as they weren't in the best position to move right now, much less defend themselves incase the bandits came back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Weakly, in a childish voice, "Listen, those people are going to be coming back, and they are going to be coming back angry. Oelia is down, and she won't be able to do anything. Akane is the only one left who can beat them, but I need a weapon. Akane knows this sounds strange, but Akane is a different person when Akane is holding that knife. Akane needs to be that person to kill people, so Akane needs to get it back. Akane is connected to that knife, so Akane is probably able to locate it. However, to do that Akane needs to run past those bandies. Akane is fast, but the distance Akane has to run is far. Akane needs you to make Akane even faster, then hide until Akane can get back."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]For Oelia, everything was pain. Her head was pain, her body was pain, her arms and legs were pain, and her wings…. That was odd, why couldn't she feel her wings? If everything else was pain, those should have been too. She groaned. She could hear voices, she couldn't make out what they were saying. "A-Akane? A-Ansley?" She tried to open her eyes, the incoming light was harsh. "Wh-what happened? Wh-where are we?" Oelia tried to lift herself, and slightly moved. Then suddenly, there it was, the missing sensation of her wings. It was definitely pain, and not just any pain, but by far the worst pain she'd ever felt in her life. "Aaack…" she made a gurgling sound and fell back down, closing her eyes in sheer torture.[/BCOLOR]

Ansley nods at Akane's suggestion, but before she was about to play her harp another time the sound of Oelia's voice drew her attention. [BCOLOR=transparent]"I-I… W-we need to help her."[/BCOLOR] Ansley said promptly running towards her figuring she'd help her first. She didn't know how a haste song would affect her, especially in the state she was in so she thought it would be for the best to take care of that problem right now. The only problem was that she still wasn't sure what to do, sure she knew she was supposed to put a splint on her wings or something like that but how… She was starting to get a little desperate as she started to think trying to remember what else she was supposed to do with broken bones.

Akane waits in unease as Oelia draws attention to the extent of her injuries. She is a real mess. Akane can't even bring herself to look over in that direction. The sound of her pain hurt just to listen to. Oelia crashed because she couldn't land safely while carrying both of us. Even though she is responsible, Akane can't help her. The only thing Akane knows how to do is kill and run. Neither of those things could ever help an injured person. Besides, Akane is not particularly modest like this… Maybe it is for the best that she stays away.

Closing her eyes and cringing, Oelia takes a few deep breaths. [BCOLOR=transparent]"Did s-something happen to me? It really h-hurts." She groans out, it feels like every muscle in her body is on fire along with the pain from her wings. "I heard you Ansley… is Akane th-there?" Oelia tries to open her eyes again, this time keeping them open, though her vision is blurry, she can see Ansley at least, but can't move her head enough to see if Akane is there.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley nods indicating Akane was here before speaking "Y-your wings are… B-broken…" she said trying not to get too worked up about this. Seeing the pain she was in made her feel rather bad for her, it took all her willpower not to turn away from all this. If only her sister was here, she'd know what to do.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oelia groaned again. "I s-see. They certainly feel like they're b-broken. Sorry to k-keep them a secret…" I wave my arm in a direction. "Can you b-bring Akane here p-please? I need to t-tell her something." I keep my head back, not wanting to risk moving my back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Giving Oelia another nod, Ansley reluctantly walks back towards Ansley not too keen on leaving Oelia be in the state she was in right now. As she drew close enough to Akane she spoke "Sh-She wants t-to tell you s-something…" she said quietly wondering why she too hadn't run over…[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Shyly, "Well, if she really wants to see Akane..." Akane comes over to Oelia, still not wanting to look directly at her, especially her wings. Looking at them made Akane uneasy and more than a little guilty.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley followed Akane quickly walking over to where Oelia was again, she resumed trying to recall what her sister had told her about broken bones. If you couldn't give them a splint, there was supposed to be something else she had to do.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oelia looks over, seeing Akane get close. "There you are. Wh-what happened to your clothes? ...Oh, nevermind, I remember." Oelia recalls what happened finally, she was unable to keep carrying both while flying and crashed violently into the forest. "Did they get ripped up when we fell? I'm s-sorry for that." Oelia looks very sad, almost to the point of crying. "I r-ripped up your clothes, it's my fault. Plus I left your dagger back where we fought the b-bandits. I m-messed up big time." She coughs, before continuing. "I-I'll try and ignore the p-pain enough to fly back and g-go get it, I owe you that m-much." Oelia tries to get up again, but a burst of pain causes her to fall back down.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane looks really alarmed as Oelia tries to get up again. Akane starts crying, looking really upset by everything Oelia was trying to do for her. "Akane already feels really really sad that you got hurt trying to save her, stop hurting yourself more!" Akane looks almost angry at Oelia for trying to do that. "Akane's clothes got ripped because Akane didn't pick good clothes for traveling."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oelia does her best to shake her head. "Nope, it's my f-fault. I know you need your dagger, I could tell, it's what you use your s-stone on. We need to get it back" She makes one more attempt at getting up, suddenly yelling out in pain, but still lifting herself to an almost sitting position. "Just have to get… these damn things… s-straightened out." With another yelp, she spreads her wings, then gasps and falls back again, her wings now flattened out on the ground. At points, some of the feathers are bloodied. "Owwwwww, m-maybe I won't be able to do it after all… But I have to get my robe and your d-dagger back Akane…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As the wings start to bleed, Akane can't help the wave of fear that comes over her. Falling backwards, Akane pushes herself until she is pressed against a tree. "No, stop, stop, stop." Akane's breathing intensifies. It seems Akane is on the verge of a panic attack. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A-Akane? What's wrong?" Oelia looks concerned, but doesn't try to move at all. "Talk to me Akane…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane closes her eyes, crawling into a ball.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"You… you are bleeding. Did I do it? Did I hurt you?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"No Akane, no you didn't do it. I did it. I should've landed earlier, landed when it was safe, but I kept flying and hurt all of us. I'm sorry Akane, and Ansley too…" She look over at Akane, and gets an idea. Underneath that heavy robe she was wearing, Oelia was wearing a very simple shirt from her home island. With some difficulty, she takes it off, and hands it to Akane. "H-here. Something to keep you warm, since I messed up your other clothes." Underneath, Oelia had on a white tank, so she wasn't too worried about not having her shirt.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]At first, Akane is hesitant, but she accepts the shirt. Since Akane and Oelia are about the same height, the shirt comes up to about my waist. It feels quite comfortable, so Akane leaves it on, quite happy to have it. Though Akane doesn't verbally express her thanks, her face practically says it all.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oelia smiles. "There. Also, I know it's nowhere near your normal dagger, but I want you to be safe till you do find it." She reaches into her satchel, drawing out the hunting knife she uses for skinning and cutting animals and food. "It's fairly sharp, I take care of it, I know it's not as good as what you had, but you can use it till you get yours back." Oelia hands it to Akane, then lays back down, still in massive amounts of pain.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane shys away from the knife. "I can't use that…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Why not? I know it's not useable like your other knife, but surely it's better than using nothing at all." Oelia frowns.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't know how to use a dagger…"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oelia finds that statement odd, knowing Akane has used her dagger before, but decides against commenting, instead pushing the knife to Akane anyway. "Take the sharp end, and stick it in the thing that's attacking you. At least till you find your own."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane cringes at the very idea of doing that. "Akane doesn't want that knife."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oelia sighs. "Alright then. Just be super careful, okay?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley started to feel more and more guilty as she listened to Oelia talk, flinching as she tried to stretch her wings. However when Oelia told her they needed to be straightened out, it helped her remember what her sister had told her[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent]"If you can't splint broken bones, just align them again."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] she recalled finally remembering. She didn't want to interrupt their conversation though, she at least owed them that for getting them into this mess in the first place, so she just stood there and listened with a guilty look on her face. Once they were done, she spoke "I… I-I'm sorry…" Tears were beginning to flow down her cheeks despite her rapid blinking in a feeble attempt to stop them. she managed to say trying to sound louder than she usually did. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"It's okay Ansley, it's not your fault." Oelia hears Ansley crying, and tries to comfort her. "If anything, we should be blaming the damn bandits." She lays back, trying to ignore the pain, it's more and more bearable the longer she gets used to it. "I'm not going to be able to do much for a while I think, thankfully, my body heals much faster than a regular human's, so I should be up and about in a day, even though I won't be able to fly for probably another week."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I-I can help…" Ansley said quietly wiping away her tears with a littls sniff looking at Oelia's wings, they were broken and definitely not easy to fix, but she might be able to straighten them… However it wasn't going to be painless, taking a deep breath and breathing out, she decided to straighten the nearest wing, spreading it out and straightening it as much as she could as carefully and as delicately as she was able to.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"A-Ansley!" Oelia yelps as Ansley straightens her wing, small snapping noises can be heard as she does it, and Oelia cringes and gasps in pain. Eventually though, the wing is straight, and Oelia breathes deeply. "Owwww… Just one more then, r-right?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley nods slowly, the entire process hadn't been easy to accomplish knowing how much pain Oelia was undergoing as she straightened her left wing… She walks over to the right wing trying not to dwell on it too much as she started to straighten it. The wing had been twisted a little more than the other one so the process took longer, but eventually she managed to accomplish the task. "S-sorry..." She practically whispered again, she didn't like to cause pain to others, especially people who have helped her considerably.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Oelia closes her eyes and clenches her teeth, the pain is massive, and she lets out a few yelps, but when the wing is straight, she tries to relax. "Alright. I think I need to just rest now." With that, Oelia feels herself falling into a very restless, pain filled sleep.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane hides behind a tree throughout the whole wing straightening process. Only about 30 seconds after the ordeal is over does Akane poke her head back over to check on the group.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I-I'll make you faster now, Akane." Ansley said remembering what she was going to do before, she'd have to use a little more of her gems power than she usually would, but she didn't mind. She began playing her harp again, but the music being played sounded rather upbeat and energetic opposed to the usual more tranquil and slow songs she tended to play. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As Ansley tries to play her harp, Akane puts up protest. "Akane, actually, Akane wants to stay here with Ansley and Oelia."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley stopped playing as she heard Akane speak "I-I understand." she said with another nod, she looked at Oelia who was still asleep. She looked to be in a considerable amount of pain… If only she knew what she could do to fix that.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Akane grabs Ansley's shoulder, tugging her along. "We need to get stuff to eat. Akane knows which berries are good, but needs help gathering them."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ansley had a surprised look on her face but she smiled a little "O-ok." she said letting herself being tugged along. It felt like those trips her sister took on all over again, except she wasn't always so willing to go along with her at first.[/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.