Changing Hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiala stopped writhing as the bard's tune drifted into her ears. She slowly got up, coughing and still shaking in pain. "That...song..."

"Mom, Mom, sing the song, please! Please, Mom! For me?" Kiala grinned. "It is my birthday, after all!" Her mother nodded, laughing. Kiala loved this song. She sang it for her daughter, matching every pitch as well as she could.

It was the day before she had disappeared from the face of the earth for..

'Eight years,' said Ulithak.

"Th-thank you, ma'am.. You have given me back the day before things went downhill."

Seraphine Quartzna was resting near a large group of diggers her flute in her hand; though she wasn't playing, she had been around when the sand worms had first attacked, it had been her music that had first drawn them up to the surface. Her music wasn't wanted here, the others treated her often that she was a plague, because she knew music, she knew song, she knew how to sing, all of which she did beautifully but the people in Fairwolf did not enjoy Seraphine's music, it was a sad fact that made it feel like hot lead was being dropped bit by bit into her chest which caused her oddly duel colored eyes to darken considerably as she waited for the group of diggers and a huntress by the name of Ataut to deal with the worms. Seraphine's eyes were extremely strange, one was a vibrant, almost glowing violet while the other was a luminescent cerulean blue, on top of the fact her eyes glowed like that they were two colors, most people turned away from Seraphine because of her eyes, but it was the pitch black surrounding pupil that made her look really strange and slightly frightening.

Her flute was gripped tightly in her hands as she kept her gaze downcast, the rumbling under her feet had Seraphine feeling rather fear filled and she was shaking frozen in place. Unfortunately for her she was a coward through and through, she didn't talk to people easily, big creatures scared her, even her home forests of Kinjun scared her; that tall Ataut woman terrified her as well, so she wrung her hands nervously on her silver flute that had a pretty blue stone set into the end of it, it was in a location that didn't interrupt the flow of music when she would play her flute; which she wanted so badly to do right now in order to calm herself down, but she did nothing of the sort for worry that she would cause one of the diggers or someone else to be put in danger because Seraphine was a coward and needed music to calm down.

Seraphine twirled a strand of her long white locks with a free hand, the other hand holding tight to that silver flute as she eyed the vehicle in the distance, she wondered if it would attract the sand worms, she prayed that it wouldn't. Seraphine watched from a distance, normally she would offer her help to the Diggers; because of the music her flute made, but Seraphine had a terrible feeling in the pit of her stomach and it was piled on top of the fact she felt unwanted in Fairwolf, a city where she had been living for a long while now. It was a soft sigh that had the woman in the white dress jogging up to the bunch of Diggers turning to the one who looked like the lead Digger. "H-Hello! Um...I...I could help, at least a little bit! M-My...flute is loud and carries...also...it can...energize or soothe people! I-If you...w-wo-wouldn't...mind could I come with you? I-I-I'm sure I could help you!" The white haired woman sounded so nervous it would most likely make most people laugh at her, but her eyes were vibrant and very very hard to ignore but she was also easy to recognize for anyone who knew anything about the flute player in Fairwolf, who also happened to be the biggest coward to walk in Centora.

Atuat​

It was somewhat worrisome that she would not be the only one dealing with the worm problem. Atuat trusted her own instincts, but the swordsman looked more the part of a warrior than a hunter... Not to mention many of the worms their heads would be far and above the reach of his sword. The woman joining them wielded a weapon Atuat was most familiar with and one she trusted. Although humans had such small spears, her mind wandered for a second to her homeland. Still, would a simple spear be enough to pierce the hide of a worm? Atuat even wondered if her own shots were powerful enough to start with. There hadn't been many documented kills, for starters...

"Alright, spread out, everyone!" Atuat called out, as there was little sense to try and stand tall against what could be a two-thousand yard long monstrosity. Only one digger was left behind, as the others went forward towards the tunnels. However, last to crawl from the tents was a young woman with white hair and a flute, offering her help.

"That's a mighty brave offer, lassie." Atuat responded, unaware of Seraphine's reputation, The truth was that she had taken the job upon herself of dealing with the worm, but by hunting it down and not to play bodyguard. Her fellow hunters knew the risks and she assumed that from their conversation, the digger staying behind with them did as well, but Atuat wasn't about to let a wandering musician put her life on the line. "But I've got my breath to keep me calm and my ancestors to give me strength." Atuat declined her offer. "Follow the other diggers, it won't be safe here in a few minutes."

"As for the rest of you, it is time to make some noise!" Atuat shouted, now far louder than before. "We will show these monsters who is boss!"

Ansley
Ansley nods with a smile, she was glad the girl was calm now, however she remembered her arm which was broken "Y-your arm... s-till needs to be... a-attended to..." Ansley said, her voice was quiet and wavering, the shyness she had was starting to show, and she felt her cheeks flush a more noticeable shade of red in embarrassment. "I guess my sister was right when she told me I needed to work on speaking to others..." She thought to herself, she looked around at the others around her, wondering if any of them knew any healing, or medical procedures, she herself was never good with these things...

Scarlett
Scarlett's attention was momentarily taken by the appearance of another girl, one holding a flute admitting that it was the reason why the worms had come there and offering help, though rather shyly... Despite her supposed reputation she'd heard of back in Kinjun from the few others she ran into, the girl didn't look very bad, and despite not knowing her too well, that girl reminded her of her own younger sister. "I never thought I'd see another traveling musician around these parts... I'll have to get to know her better after this, she might make a good friend for my sister, she desperately needs proper ones..." She thought to herself, she noticed the girl offer to help was declined by Atuat, which seemed logical but she felt a little bad for the girl... As Atuat gave them orders to make some noise, Scarlett silently decided she'd stay quiet, this way it would make it much harder for those worms to detect her when she attacks.

Kiala nodded slowly, but she didn't move, not wanting to be shot at. She just sat down on the ground, face blank, as the pain went away.

'I told you to calm down, Ki. You never listen to me. If you had, none of this would ever have happened.' There was a hint of bitterness in Ulithak's voice. 'I know, Ulithak, I'm not stupid. Besides.. maybe, just maybe, I can make some friends.' Noforus was heard bursting into cruel laughter. 'You can't have friends. You are a monster, remember?' That single word pressed down on her mind, threatening to block everything else out. 'Don't make me take control and slaughter these idiots.'

'Noforus, stop it now! Can't you see how much it hurts her to be like that?'

'Just earlier she thought it was fun.'

'Before you decided to step in and threaten them!'

'So?'

'You're forcing her to do this! Stop it, let the girl live her life.' Ulithak sighed, and Kiala imagined him shaking his head. 'No.' That single word was enough to set Ulithak off, who had already become protective of his host. 'You little..!' There was anther crash in her mind as Ulithak seemed to throw himself at Noforus. 'You're challenging me, Ulithak! She isn't acting how she is supposed to!' he called out gleefully. 'Go, my friends, seize her mind!'

Kiala screamed as the yellow in her eyes rose quickly and she shifted into a strange creature, a huge wolf with the horns of a ram, the tail of a lion, and the wings of a dragon. 'I don't remember being able to do this! What did They do to me?!'

The demon roared, snarling at all who opposed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before, I was willing to let the situation sort itself out. I thought surely the bard would be able to handle the insane girl. She held the pity of everyone around her. Even I could tell, this girl is not a bad person; she is a regular person who had something tragic happen to her. She was jealous of me, which is why she attacked me, but she didn't really want to hurt me. This much was clear, but even still. The situation was becoming more and more volatile as the seconds passed on. Everyone was scared, worried, and now someone was about to get hurt. Thanks to the general lack of armor, and my extreme proximity to Kiala, I would be able to manage a kill flawlessly, and without anyone even noticing it was me. I just need to reach my dagger, and I will allow this poor girl to rest in peace. I silently grip the handle of my dagger, and the shadow strike ability triggers.

My eyes change, turning into that of a trained killer. Time may not be frozen, but for the next 5 seconds, nobody would notice me, yet nobody would know I was gone. While in this form, people's minds are unable to recognize my existence or lack of it. I am the perfect shadow, and I kill my targets from the void. Nobody shall ever know that I am the killer. Nobody, including myself. I rush towards the demonic creature, and make three deep cuts. One across the throat, and two across major arteries in the legs. She will surely die, she can harm nobody anymore. I only wish it could have been painless. I dash back, wiping my blade with a cloth which I discard on the dying corpse of Kiala. My blade is now clean, and sheathed. I return to my normal self, grasping the bard's arm, fearful, like nothing had ever happened. And it all occurred, in just 5 seconds.

Seraphine took the rejected offer in good will, instead opting to go back to the one digger who had stayed behind. He seemed a bit pale when she actually looked at him and smiled slightly. "W-Would you...like to listen to...a-a quiet song...I don't think the worms will b-b-be pa-paying much attention to this area...if you'd like to head away from the tunnels and it should help soothe you." Despite her appearance and her shy nature Seraphine was very good at sensing how others were feeling, she was sweet and kind to those who needed it, even though she was a coward to her core she liked music and liked soothing the hearts of people with her music. She didn't have much else to say so she patiently awaited the young man's response her beautiful and extremely hard to ignore eyes locked on him while she waited, it was a habit she had formed when she spoke to people, shy or not she made eye contact; if they didn't recoil from her eyes anyway.

"..."

"....."

"......."

Yup. This was definitely a whole different place than her home islands. Her second day here and she already slew a bandit, found a neko, saw a demon girl, saw the demon girl turn into a demon, and saw the demon girl suddenly shoot blood through her neck and fall over. Was she in shock? Oelia took a few moments inside her own to double check. Did she catch something from that rabbit she ate? Maybe she didn't cook it properly and is having a severe fever dream?

She decided to check. Oelia put away her bow and slapped herself in the face. It stung, so she was probably awake and alert. In which case, the sheer magnitude of what she was originally doing hit her. Her elders wanted her to explore an entire land herself? Learn about a multitude of cultures, and report it all back? They had to be crazy, she couldn't do this herself, it was too much. She wanted to run, flee into the forest, find her way back to the port and fly past Zarbrew to her islands hidden in the stormy ocean. She could hide there, safe from everything, not sent on some crazy mission which might end in her death.

Something stopped her though. and though the urge to run into the forest was overwhelming, she stopped. The neko she had met only minutes ago, had known only for a little while, was standing there holding the bard's arm. Oelia went to Akane, and without saying a word, took the neko's face in her hands. She looked it over, and saw the scratch on her cheek, a few drops of blood were coming out. 'I shouldn't be using these on someone else, but...', she thought, taking out a wad of bright red leaves from her pack, along with a soft cloth. Oelia bit off a small piece of leaf and chewed it a bit in her mouth, spitting out the bitter clump onto the cloth, the red from the now wet leaves soaking through it. "I'm sorry, I apologize, this will sting" she told the neko, placing the bandage on her cheek, pressing the leaf against the cut. Under the bandage, along with the stinging pain, the blood stopped flowing and the skin slowly stitched together, all that was left was a tiny white mark showing the recent cut.

Ansley
Ansley just stood there in shock as the girl in-front of her transformed into an unfamiliar creature composed of various familiar creature parts... Realizing she needed to act fast, she reached her free hand towards her harp once more. Though before she could do anything else, the creature began to bleed from 3 seperate areas on it's body before collapsing to the ground seemingly dead... Ansley looked sad and a little confused about what had just happened. "I could have saved her... But I was too slow to prevent whatever had happened to her..." She thought to herself, her eyes watered up a little but she blinked rapidly, fighting back the tears. Ansley turned around to see that the Neko was still clinging onto her arm, though she could have sworn she had felt her let go for a moment... Seeing the other girl approach and heal the cut on the Neko's cheek made her smile a little, she seemed nice despite being defensive at times, sort of like her older sister was. She wished she had the necessary tools and skills to do that too...

Last edited:
With the death of the demon, I was no longer cold, no longer unfeeling. I watch the poor demon go down. Even though she hated me, and I was scared of her, I was sad she had to die like that. She deserved a lot better. It seemed Ansley felt about the same. In fact, it seemed a look of guilt passed her face. This bard, must be truly kind, thinking she was responsible for that demon's death. There was nothing she could do for her. Music is powerful, but it does not stop a blade from piercing the skin, and it does not bring back the dead. No. I alone could have prevented that. I just couldn't watch her suffer anymore, I couldn't allow her to live with our blood on her hands. But, it is time to forget that, because I am not the killer.​

I look up at the fleeing Oelia. The poor thing ran off scared. She saved me, so I looked forlornly towards Ansley. The whole reason I even came over here was because I wanted to travel together with her. We had yet to learn anything about each other. That is just, not fair.

As Oelia returned, my eyes lit up with joy. An onlooker might have thought she was my long-lost sister. I was going to run up and hug her, however she takes out a bunch of odds and ends, and I just look curiously as I watch her prepare the cure. She tells me something is going to hurt, but I don't immediately register what she is saying, so it still comes as a surprise. "Owww, owww, owww, owww." It indeed does sting for a second, but then the pain fades away. I feel a sense of gratitude. I can't help but hug the girl from the top of her shoulders. Little did she know, I intentionally choose this area so that if I was right about her being a bird, then I wouldn't expose her right now. Though, I sincerely hope I don't learn anything new through this. Right now, I know just the right amount about her. "Thank you. It doesn't hurt anymore. But, ummm, who are you?"

With the death of the demon, I was no longer cold, no longer unfeeling. I watch the poor demon go down. Even though she hated me, and I was scared of her, I was sad she had to die like that. She deserved a lot better. It seemed Ansley felt about the same. In fact, it seemed a look of guilt passed her face. This bard, must be truly kind, thinking she was responsible for that demon's death. There was nothing she could do for her. Music is powerful, but it does not stop a blade from piercing the skin, and it does not bring back the dead. No. I alone could have prevented that. I just couldn't watch her suffer anymore, I couldn't allow her to live with our blood on her hands. But, it is time to forget that, because I am not the killer.​

I look up at the fleeing Oelia. The poor thing ran off scared. She saved me, so I looked forlornly towards Ansley. The whole reason I even came over here was because I wanted to travel together with her. We had yet to learn anything about each other. That is just, not fair.

As Oelia returned, my eyes lit up with joy. An onlooker might have thought she was my long-lost sister. I was going to run up and hug her, however she takes out a bunch of odds and ends, and I just look curiously as I watch her prepare the cure. She tells me something is going to hurt, but I don't immediately register what she is saying, so it still comes as a surprise. "Owww, owww, owww, owww." It indeed does sting for a second, but then the pain fades away. I feel a sense of gratitude. I can't help but hug the girl from the top of her shoulders. Little did she know, I intentionally choose this area so that if I was right about her being a bird, then I wouldn't expose her right now. Though, I sincerely hope I don't learn anything new through this. Right now, I know just the right amount about her. "Thank you. It doesn't hurt anymore. But, ummm, who are you?"

"I'm nobody, it's best you forget you saw me." Oelia returns the hug, but puts back on the hood of her cloak, looking at the other girl, the bard. "Are you okay as well? It might not be a good idea to stay here, I don't like this intersection, too much going on here". She closes her eyes, and cocks her head, thinking. "I am... scared. Of this place." Her adult-like tone was slowly breaking, a note of worry on her voice. Without warning she moved forward and wrapped her arms around the neko. "I don't like this place, I'm scared, I want to go home, I don't like it here, I'm so scared..." she started blubbering, sounding more like the younger girl she was, tears at her eyes. "I don't know what's going on, let's go, please? Can we find somewhere else?"

After a few minutes, she finally released Akane, and wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry....". She sniffled and dried her face. "I'm Oelia, I'm a traveler from a far away place. I came here to do something but... I don't know if I can do it anymore". She looked down at the floor, frowning. "Should I go back home? I just don't know anymore. All of this is happening and it's so sudden..."

The brush rattled behind them, and she almost ran away. Oelia had to fight the urge to run crying into the brush, and just flying away once and for all. But all it was was another small rabbit, poking its head out at the scene in front of it before running off. Her stomach growled, and now that the shock was wearing off, she realized just how hungry she was. "W-would you guys like to join me for supper?" she said nervously, even though she wasn't a social person, Oelia wanted to make sure the two were taken care of. "I can cook something for you, I make a good rabbit stew, it's a homemade recipe." She tried to smile, showing the two she was better, it was only a facade, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

Hamilton

He was inside Merricrest, and he immediately felt like he didn't belong. He was inside what looked like a busy place, people of all kinds moved about. He swore to himself that he would try to avoid coming back inside, regardless of the consequences. He is lead inside a building, where a chair had already been set for his arrival. Frowning at the unusual welcoming from a hostile greeting, he walks over and puts the bag down on the desk, sitting down on the chair and crossing his legs with his hands clasping each other. The chief of Merricrest sat behind the desk, picking up the bag without hesitation and checking it's contents carefully. "Mr. Hamilton."

"Yes?" He replied.

"We have a deal." The chief growled out, he could swear he saw fangs instead of teeth for a moment. "But make no mistake, we are only doing this because we are tired of those Digger's tearing up our land for these. You, on the other hand, preserve nature, that is the only reason you still breath right now." He wished he could tell off this chief, but he feared his eyes would be ripped open if he tried.

"Right. Thank you for doing business with us." He smiles and stands up, being lead out of the chief's building. Soon he is outside and free again, he wished to kill so many people right now, but a loud noise came from the distance, interrupting his thoughts. A strange vehicle pulls up in front of him, pulling to it's side and stopping before him, as a blue stone could be seen glowing from within it.
"You expect me to get cramped over a few day walk back to base?" He asked the woman driving it.

"You want to make the boss mad again, wimpy?" She teased, forcing him to open it and sit inside. Once inside, the vehicle heads off along the path again. "So, you got a good look?"

"I did. I did my part, now you hold up your end of the deal." He threatened, he had enough of running around and wanted the life he deserved.

"Yeah, the rumors you asked for are rare to come by, no one really believes in it." The woman looks to him for a second. "But I did find someone who claimed it to be true. He said you'll have to ask a Digger for the exact location though." Perfect, was his thought. He had to go asking the dirty men for help without throwing suspicion to himself. "You sure this is worth it, man?"

"I told you before, when you join my team, it is always worth it. Now keep focused and let's get there in a few hours. I have a plan to execute."

"If you don't end up getting us all killed first." She sarcastically taunted him.

"Keep up that kind of talk, Gem. See who has the last laugh when I lead us all to power."

Genevieve

Genevieve turned over in her bed to face the window in her room, it appeared to be late afternoon. She was no stranger to sleeping in and waking up with the warm sun on her skin was certainly her favorite way to wake up. It would be a couple hours before the Alco-hole opened so Genevieve had some free time. She rolled out of bed and slipped into her usual attire, her traditional kitsune garb, and walked down the stairs through the bar and out the front door. Dominic wasn't in the house so she didn't have to her him complain about her sleeping habits again.

Genevieve stretched for a moment then decide to take a short walk. While she walked she stopped at a few familiar locations, there was a grassy alley that always had some stray dogs, strangely the dogs were quite fond of Genevieve, maybe because she always stopped to get them a couple pieces of meat when she came by. Next she stopped by a small field where there was always a group of kids playing some sort of game. She played tag with them for awhile before deciding to head back to the hole to prepare for opening.

On her way back Genevieve noticed a man who looked like he wasn't from the city get picked up by a small vehicle, she was curious about it, but not curious enough to ask anybody about it. Once she got back to the Alco-hole Dominic greeted her, "Got up early today huh?" He said sarcastically. Genevieve simply shrugged off his comments and began wiping down tables before flipping the sign on the front door to open.

Ansley
Ansley was a little surprised when Oelia, as the strange but seemingly powerful girl had identified herself as invited her and the Neko to eat supper with her. "I-I guess... A-a little food wouldn't hurt..." She said quietly, her stomach grumbled quite loudly not too long after she said that "O-oh!... E-excuse me... I-I think I missed a couple of meals today..." Ansley adds, her face flushing a bright shade of red, as she realized just how long she'd been playing her harp for. She'd forgotten to eat breakfast and lunch as she'd been zoned out since she sat down and started playing it since the early morning. She looked towards that rabbit that had stepped out of the bush feeling a little pity for it, as it was most likely about to become their supper. Even when she listened to her sister talking about her hunts, she felt bad for the things she had killed too most of the time, though she knew it was only because someone else needed what they had to offer...

Isaac

He watched as the tall woman prepared to bring out some of the worms, he already knew that the Diggers must of reached the cave by now. Looking over to find a woman coming over to him and asking to play music, he rose an eyebrow as she gave him this odd look. "Try not to distract the others." He told her, for some reason, he felt like he couldn't let this person down on her offer. She had come out all this way after all to help them out, he at least could protect her should danger befall on her. He could still see the image of the arrow on the back of his hand, even while wearing the suit, the image was practically burned into his memory.

He remembered waking up on that night, injured, having amnesia, having that arrow glow and make him feel extreme pain. He looked to his glove as everyone seemed to be getting ready for the worms, how long had he been here, as a Digger, waiting for his memory to come back. Waiting to one day meet the man who's face continued to haunt his dreams, how he wished to be rid of this torment. That's when his suit picked up some static, he rose up his glove with the stone and pressed it up to his right ear, the stone glowing brightly as the static cleared up. "This is Isaac of Unit 137, who is sending this message?"

"Unit 137?" A voice called out. "This is Benjamin of Unit 176, where is the rest of your Unit?"

"In the cave right now, we are about to engage the Sand Worms in the area. What's the problem?" Issac had a bad feeling about this.

"I'm sure you saw the merchant's passing by earlier." His eyes narrow as he listened to Benjamin's words. "Well, there's more of them, and they're all heading for Fairwolf. If you go there with the stones, I'm afraid you'll be attacked."

"Figures. We'll have to make a change of plans on the route we use, try to get those merchants out of Fairwolf in the meanwhile. If we get caught up in a fight with them, Fairwolf may be damaged in the process." He didn't like this anymore than anyone else did, but the merchants never made it easy these days.

"I'll tell my Commander this, Unit 176 out!" Isaac removed his hand from the top of his suit and looked around at everyone in the area.

"We have a problem." Isaac said out loud for everyone to hear. "Once the Unit is out of the cave, we're going to have to take Route B instead of A. It seems the merchants are making a move on Fairwolf, and Route B will be longer and more dangerous than Route A." He estimated they had only four hours to pull off the operation without the suits starting to overheat. He also worried about the others, would they be fine staying out here four hours from now? Who knows, he just hoped the merchants weren't there when they got back.

Cadoc was silently disappointed by the chance in route, he was hoping that he could show his own worth fighting something he already knew how to fight, but he knew that his petty desires for glory were not as important as the lives of his colleagues.

As he waited for the worms he could have sworn he had heard their vibrations moving around him, and looking at others faces he knew that they felt the same 'The giant woman, she knew what she was doing, there is nothing to worry about' he thought as he gripped his sword tighter. He was a capable fighter, he had been trained most his life, but almost all of it was towards facing off against humans, and without any experience taking on worms he was unsure if taking out his sword would even have any notable effect, even if he engaged a worm in battle.

Atuat​

To compensate for all the others who practically stood as still and as as possible, Atuat shot rounds in the open spaces, so that the worms would not rise below anyone in specific. It was good her fellow hunters seemed to be careful, but she worried about their teamwork, as none of them had even said a word to one another so far... At least, until the remaining digger spoke up;

"We have a problem. Once the Unit is out of the cave, we're going to have to take Route B instead of A. It seems the merchants are making a move on Fairwolf, and Route B will be longer and more dangerous than Route A."

"That will depend on our condition, Isaac." Atuat responded, remembering hearing the foreman calling the boy by name shortly before she took the word. "Focus on what is in front of you, worrying about the future is a luxury."

The ground began to tremble, and Atuat spread her stance and put her hands on her knees. "Absorb the tremors!" She warned, "If you fall, you die!" The ground below them progressively shook more violently, until the first monstrosity rose from the ground! A blur of sand and leathery hide sprouted from the ground; whipping up a small sandstorm. Atuat pulled her turban down to protect her eyes... Even though she was likely standing the highest of them all. More tremors warned of more worms erupting from the ground; although this would be difficult to see for a few seconds. Deep cries felt like they shook the air itself, but fortunately this type of sonar did not work for the worms above the surface...

When the sand finally had blown past Atuat, she could see the giant masses of their targets. There were four worms, two at the size and girth of elephants, one three times the size of that and one worm so giant it blocked out the very sun... Atuat, though previously loud, shielded her eyes with one hand as she soundlessly raised her rifle with the other. The shadow the titan cast over her was the perfect opportunity... It gave her a clean shot.

Deciding to trust the rest of her team to handle their selves, Atuat seized the chance in front of her, instead of clearing out the smaller worms first. With not one, but several pulls of the trigger, magic rounds burst from her rifle towards the titan worm's head. They bore in the beast's hide, causing a thick liquid to spout from the worm. However, Atuat's salvo didn't reach it's brain, and the second she realised that, Atuat shot a round in an open space to trick the worm in confusing her location. That had been her saving grace, as the worm dove straight for the spot; with a body slam that caused another giant whiff of sand to blow up and shake the very foundation of the earth itself. Atuat had been quick enough to brace herself for the impact and managed to keep standing... But she hoped the same was true for the others... At the very least, the beast's maw was closer to the ground now.

Last edited:
Seraphine's offer had been accepted but with the comment 'try not to distract the others' she went silent gripping her flute tightly and looking down. Of course she knew her music would just be a burden to people right now, why had she come here...? She thought about this for a long time but while inside she was a mess of depression she managed to smile at the digger. "I'm so sorry! I wasn't thinking at all. I won't play. I really am sorry for asking. Oh but my name is Seraphine Quartzna, pleased to meet you." It took Seraphine a little while but she stared straight ahead for now, she heard him say something about taking a different route, she personally didn't mind, she didn't like trying to deal with people too much. It was a little startling how utterly silent she was at this point, her oddly duel colored eyes staring off at something far away. She wrung her hands a bit not liking the quiet, silence was one of the few things she hated but moving around kept her calm most of the time, so she started pacing back and forth a little waiting for the other diggers and the ones who went with them. Seraphine had a terrible feeling settling into her chest and that feeling of hot lead dropping into her chest returned which caused her to mumble quietly, "I have...a really bad feeling...but I...don't know if we should check on them or not..."

[glow=purple]
Allia Morrigan
[/glow]
[glow=blue]
Fairwolf Digging Site
[/glow]

[glow=teal]Tugging at her skirt, Allia quickly slid down the see-through stockings, tossing them aside as she jumped into her work overalls, a pair of worn denim overalls. She looked back at the large cavern, thinking about her decision to stay outside rather than go in with the rest of the group. Buttoning the fasteners, she slid the clothing into her front pocket, zipping it closed before she lay back on the wall.[/glow]

[glow=pink]"Shit man... Of all the jobs, why'd I have to go get myself stuck with some diggers again?"[/glow] [glow=teal]she unhitched her plasma cutter and began fiddling with it, unscrewing the cover before poking at it's innards before a routine inspection for dirt and grime. This was the third time she'd been stuck with Fairwolf, being short on money, she didn't have much of a choice anyway. They needed personnel, she needed quick cash. The commanding digger was fine enough, a bit rough, but fair. But Allia wasn't the only one being hired. Three other's were with them as well, but they had already headed inside the site.

But that wasn't what got to her, anytime she rolled with these people, they always got themselves into some stupid situation.[/glow] [glow=pink]"From the collapse at Mako, to the Mutant Ants, they always get in some form of trouble"[/glow] [glow=teal]She sighed, before clasping the cover back on[/glow] [glow=pink]"I already should be inside with them, might as well now then later, less I get myself lost... again."[/glow] [glow=teal]She holstered the plasma cutter back onto the hinge before walking inside.[/glow] [glow=pink]"Now, what kinda shit am I about to get myself into?"[/glow] [glow=teal]only a few moments later to be answered with a series of ground shaking tremors followed by a series of plasma bolts going off.[/glow] [glow=pink]"Crap! Looks like the party already started!"[/glow] [glow=teal]Pulling out her cutter, she set the beam to focus fire before rushing inside to regroup with the diggers.[/glow]

Scarlett
Scarlett looked on, tensing her muscles and absorbing the vibrations the worms let off, trying to "tune out" the ear piercing shrieks their sonar produces as they surface. Assessing the situation, she figured targeting the largest of the four would be optimal, it looked like that thing would be the source of most of their problems. However before she could move, the tall woman, Atuat had already gone in for the kill, firing multiple projectiles from her rifle at thee large beast, damaging it, but not killing it. Then, Atuat fired a round at the worm that caused it to fall into the ground, it's maw was now much closer to the ground than it was earlier. Scarlett saw this as a good opportunity to strike. She leaped high into the air and latched onto the side of the worm taking care to avoid any large debris embedded in it's skin and stabbing into the beast's side with her spear to help her, she began climbing towards the beasts head trying her best to keep her balance on the beast eventually reaching the head. This was where the Sonar was the loudest, and she was glad that she hadn't tried to leap directly into the beast's maw, though if it's head were any closer to the ground, it may deal some heavy damage to the others. Holding onto the beasts head and laying down to keep balance on it, she pulled the spear back as far as her arm could reach and with all her might, drove the spear as far as she could into the worm's head with the help of the gem imbued in it... Scarlett hoped that what she did would at least maim the beast, this was the first time in a while she had fought a creature without much experience in it's anatomy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.