Change Me, My Alpha (Bahiyya)

Rain lightly bit her lower lip as Josiah's thumb ran over her skin, feeling slightly nervous for some reason. However, he quickly withdrew his hand, careful not to hurt her in doing so and she lowered her gaze to the ground for a moment as she brought her hand back to her side. Behind Josiah, she heard the other man snicker and she looked over at him, seeing his arms were crossed over his tattooed chest as he watched the two of them with an amused expression. The man spoke and her brow furrowed slightly in confusion. She sneaked a glance at Josiah as he ran a hand down his face before he asked him to go get the other head patrols with a grunt. The large man turned and walked off with a laugh before he spoke, saying they needed some alone time. It was a drastic change from the man he had been towards her a few minutes ago. She could hear Josiah grumbling something under his breath and Rain grinned lightly, glad he was definitely not angry anymore.

Josiah had watched the other man for a while longer and Rain waited patiently for him to turn back and answer her question. He'd answer in his own time. When he finally turned towards her, she noticed he moved a hand to the back of his neck,tugging lightly on his hair. She wondered if it meant anything in particular, but she had no clear way of telling yet so put it to the back of her mind. Though he did seem kind of nervous for some reason. As he told her that he, too, would be teaching her combat, she couldn't the look of surprise she gave him. Why would he, the Alpha of the pack, teach someone like her how to control her Wolf's abilities plus teach her how to fight and protect herself? Even though he went on to say the trainers like to play dirty, she couldn't help but wonder why he'd offer to do it personally. Surely there were others who could train her. An Alpha of a pack of 140 would be very busy - would he really have the spare time to teach her anything?

Josiah son continued to talk about the pack and how not all would accept her, but not to get discouraged. That they would warm up to her. He smiled at her to try and show he was confident in his words. And though it was still slightly strained, it wasn't nearly as much as his last one had been. It even made him look rather handsome. She mentally scolded herself for that one. She shouldn't be thinking that. He was going to be her Alpha soon enough. She looked up at Josiah and flashed him a bright smile, "Alright," she said, "it's to be expected, really.. Doesn't make it any less.. shocking, though," she told him with a nervous chuckle.

"Yes, expected. Very," Josiah said, seeming distracted. He turned towards the pack house, gesturing with his head for her to follow. "The head patrols should be here before dinner. But, anyway, it seems to me that you were surprised by my voluntarily helping you with your abilities and your shifting?" Hell, Josiah himself was still surprised. Of course, he may have other things to do, but he always has time for a new member, right? Or is that really the reason, along with the trainers' tendency to play an unfair game? Whatever the case, Josiah continued to not think on it, obstinacy ever present. "To-do's may line my agenda, but it's important for me to be in touch with new members." Just as he said it, he thought of his hand touching her wrist. He stopped walking, allowing her to walk ahead so that he may slap himself upon the forehead. "Stupid, stupid, stupid," he said in a low tone.

He quickly pulled himself together to prevent her from seeing him, starting to walk again. "I mean it's important that I see a new member settled in," he rephrased, clearing his throat just before. Rain has caught Josiah in probably several embarrassing moments today, he figured that it was his turn. "Now," he dragged out, looking down at her from the corner of his eye, "Care to share what the lady was doing out near the forest. Planning to go for a run or to run away?" Though he wasn't mad at the very least, he used his stern tone, to catch her reaction. A smile twitched at his lips, but he maintained well. Josiah also was sure of it that she wasn't planning to run away before Theo caught her. After all, Rain had come back for lunch when he gave her the perfect opportunity to run, though she didn't know it. It was a mere test...which makes him wonder what made her stay. But, he decided not to ask about, because that lead to him have to explain why he was watching her. That was something that he couldn't explain.

Rain studied him for a moment when he spoke, seemingly distracted by something. He soon started walking back towards the house and gestured for her to follow. She didn't hesitate as she followed the man. He commented about her being surpised about his offer to teach her how to shift and learn her abilities. He went on to say, he liked to keep in touch with new members and she, too, couldn't help but think of when he held her wrist. His hand had encircled her small wrist easily, his large hand making her wrist look even smaller. She shoved the thought away and looked at where Josiah had been. But he wasn't there. She looked back to see him walking towards her again and her brow furrowed slightly in confusion. He came to walk beside her again and she looked ahead once more. He cleared his throat and then corrected himself and Rain merely nodded, unsure of what she should say.

Silence passed between them and she looked at the ground, thankful for the quiet as they made their way to the house. But it didn't last long before Josiah spoke up again and she raised her head, looking up at him in question. He asked her why she was out in the forest in the first place, then went on to ask if she was going to run away. His voice was stern, like he was angry or disappointed and Rain's eyes widened in shock. "Oh, um, n-no! I wasn't going to run away!" she said quickly, hoping he'd believe her. She suddenly felt very flustered and embarrassed, like she had been caught doing something she shouldn't have. Her gaze quickly lowered to the ground as she stopped walking. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks as she bowed her head slightly, silvery hair falling over her shoulders.

"Umm," she started, "i'm just used to the forest.. I've spent more time as a wolf in my life then I have as a human, I guess I just feel more at ease out here then I do in the house.." she told him quietly. Her first 8 years were as a human, then the next 10 were as a wolf. She bit her lower lip gently again, keeping her eyes on the ground and head bowed slightly, knowing her face was probably a little red with embarrassment. "I-I guess that's probably a stupid reason, isn't it?" she asked him as she grasped her hands together behind her back.

It seemed rather funny how Josiah caught her off-guard. She tripped over her words, and he couldn't help the easy smile that formed on his face. When she divulged into her explanation, he sobered up. Of course it must be difficult having to re-learn the ways of being human when you've been in your wolf state for 10 years. No one could blame her for that, though questions will may jump around because it. Josiah had some questions of his own, as a matter of fact. Like, who bit her? Where's her family? Have they never heard from her? He shook his head, clearing his mind in time to hear her question. "Of course, it's not. No one can really blame you for the way you have lived. You didn't even know there were more like you, whether born or bitten, I'm sure. And I must admit, that confused expression you had when I found you. Cute and priceless," Josiah said. Normally, he would have bashed himself upside the head like the several other times today that he did something wrong. But, this time, he wasn't surprised by his words; he expected them, decided on whether or not to say it, and said it.

Before he moves any further, he says randomly, "Hm...I think that was three smiles from me today." Josiah said no more, approaching the door to the kitchen, opening it for Rain to step inside. After he walked in, he closed the door behind him. He nonchalantly walked over to a long, woven basket centerpiece on the counter. It was filled with green apples, one lone apple on the edge. Josiah hit the other end, making the lone apple spring into the air. He caught it with ease. Turning to Rain, he says, "Reflex skills." Josiah proceeds to wash off the apple before biting into it. He swallows before continuing. "Considering dinner will only be done in about an hour and a half, and the head patrols are not here, your training can start now. Beginning with partial shifting and stemming from your wolf's healing abilities. Combat skills and shifting to your full wolf come later tomorrow, on the training base. I need to check on the pups there anyhow. Follow me."

With that, he set about going to the living room, eating his apple along the way. There was a small garbage can in the hallway, which is where he trashed the eaten apple. When they got to the living room, he plopped himself down on the first end of the U-shaped couch. Josiah awaited Rain's follow-up so they could begin.

Rain raised her head as Josiah spoke, catching a glimpse of his smile - a real smile - before he went on to say no one could blame her for the way she has lived. And he was correct when he said she probably didn't know there were others out there like her. She had had no clue whatsoever. When Josiah had shifted from Wolf to Human, she couldn't begin to explain how confused she had been then. Looking up at him as he continued, Josiah said that her confused expression when he had found her had been cute. Her? Cute? Rain couldn't help the blush that heated her face and she quickly looked away. "Oh, um.." she started, but she couldn't find any words to say so she fell silent, suddenly feeling quite self conscious. When he said he had smiled three times today, so Rain dared a glance at him, waiting to see if he would say anymore. But he didn't. He stayed silent and moved towards the house.

She followed him without hesitation, giving him a quick smile of appreciation when he opened the door for her and she stepped inside. She watched him as he moved to a basket of apples, hitting one side and sending one apple into the air, which he caught with ease. She said nothing when Josiah said it was reflex skills, but she was fairly certain that apple would have hit her in the head or something. He washed the apple and then bit into it before he turned back to her and spoke, telling her that her training would start now. But what she suddenly looked forward to was tomorrow. He had said he would teach her to shift into her Wolf form tomorrow. She could be a Wolf again. Whenever she wanted, actually. That definitely made her spirits lift. She could run again. She had always loved running when she was a wolf.

Snapping out of her daydream, she quickly followed after Josiah as he made his way towards the living room. He threw the apple core in the bin before he moved to sit on one end of the u-shaped couch. She paused for a moment before she did the same, sitting on the other end. Rain looked at Josiah in question and then asked, "what do I need to do?" feeling very eager to learn to use her wolf's abilities.

Josiah smirked at her enthusiasm to learn how to use her wolf abilities. It reminded him so much of himself when he was a pup-in-training. He would wake up early and start practicing on his abilities. And he would often wake his father early in the morning so that he could teach him new things. His eyes wen far off, gone was his focus at the task at hand. In his mind, he envisioned his father sitting in the place that he sat while little Josiah bounced in the seat in which Rain sat. "Alright, son," Valentin had said. "First I'm going to teach you how to stem from your wolf's healing ability." Little Josiah jumped up on the couch with his feet, excited. Valentin made him settle down before he continued. "Stemming from the wolf is like...reaching out to them. Reaching out mentally. Once you've learn to stem, then it often comes natural and automatic after a few times."

Josiah was unaware that he was smiling, almost creepily, seeing as there was no outside reason why he should be smiling. But, once the memory flitted away, his smile left him, reality coming back to him. He looked away, tugging on his hair for the second time today. But then, he looked back to Rain, beginning to explain stemming in the words of his father. "Stemming from the wolf is like reaching out to them." As he said this, he extended his arm out, acting as if he was reaching for something, just as his father had done. "But, you're reaching out mentally." With this, he pointed to his head, same as Valentin did. "After a few times, it starts coming naturally. First, you envision yourself and your wolf, side by side. Let your mental arm reach other to them. Envision their power flowing from their fur, seeping into your fingers and to the rest of your body."

Explaining it like his father had gave him the feeling that Valentin was living through him. It gave him a small bit of comfort. It told him that Valentin, Jones, Maria-lee, and Winston were not dead. They were living through Josiah himself. Their hands upon his shoulders.

Rain cocked her head to the side slightly as Josiah gave an almost unsettling smile. Though she noticed the vacant look in his eyes and knew he was thinking or remembering something, so she dared not say a word. Instead, she looked down at her lap, twining her fingers together, waiting for him to come out of whatever thoughts he had in his head. It didn't take long before she saw movement in her peripheal vision and she looked up to see Josiah's smile gone and he was tugging at his hair. She was beginning to think it was a nervous gesture or something. She stayed quiet as he looked at her and then began to explain stemming. She listened closely, not wanting to miss anything. If it got her closer to her wolf, she'd do it. He extended his arm, as if reaching out to something before he brought it back and pointed to his head as he explained she needed to reach out to her wolf mentally. She could do that.. She hoped.

He stated it came naturally after a few attempts and to envision her and her wolf side by side. To see her wolf's power escaping from her fur and flowing into her. Rain took a deep breath, steadying her racing heart as she closed her eyes so she could concentrate properly. She did exactly as Josiah told her to, picturing her wolf standing beside her human self. Her gorgeous, slender wolf with red eyes like rubies, long, silk like fur that was pure white. Along with her pink nose, which was rather odd. She hadn't met any wolf with a pink nose before. She simply marvelled her wolf for an instant, even if the image wasn't completely solid. She pictured herself reaching towards her wolf, towards her wolf's power which seemed to flow from her fur like wisps of smoke.

That power seeped into her fingertips for an instant, giving Rain a jolt of surprise. And then the image vanished at the same time. Rain opened her eyes and looked at Josiah quickly before she sighed. "I.." she paused for a moment, suddenly feeling like she had failed, "I managed to picture us beside each other.. And I touched her but.." she looked away, "I guess when I felt her power, I got surprised and the image vanished.." she told him, sneaking a sidelong glance at Josiah. She didn't know whether that was impressive progress or something pathetic, but either way, she felt like she had failed somehow.

Josiah watched her intently as she closed her eyes, assuming it was for concentration. He had done that as well. As Rain focused on trying to receive the power that her wolf can provide, he stared down at her arm. It seemed to be working a bit; part of the bruise had lightened a bit. He smirked a bit at the sight. It's working, he thought. I'm a pretty good teacher. However, his smirk faded away, his reflections like bubbles that had popped. The bruise stopped healing. His brows furrowed, and he looked up as she seemed to make the slightest bit of movement, making it quick. The power must have shocked her. Which was normal.

He nodded to her wrist, saying, "Look at your wrist. It worked a little. Don't looked so shame-faced." With his last words, he chuckled. "Most werewolves do not get it on the first try, actually. They either concentrated too much or too little. I was on the concentrated-too-much side when my father taught me." His last sentence put him on pause. Though he missed his father terribly, he never really brought him up, much less to someone he had just met. It was like a dirty little secret, for him to speak on it. And yet, it slipped as he talked to Rain.

Clearing his throat, he brushes his thoughts on the matter aside (and it seemed that he had been doing a lot of "brushing aside" today). Remember the task at hand, he reminded himself. "Anyway, the key is to stay calm, concentrated, but not too much. The power feels strong in the first tries, but you can get used to the feeling to the point where it is happening, but you can't feel it. Only the lessening of the pain. Try again."

Josiah nodded towards her wrist as he spoke and she looked down, seeing that, indeed, her bruise had healed slightly. It was odd. As a wolf she never had to think about something healing, it just did. She supposed she probably should've thought it weird at herrecovery speed, but she had thought it normal after a while. When he told her not to look so ashamed and chuckled, she looked at him in mild surprise. So. She really wasn't any good at hiding her emotions. Good to know. Rain absentmindedly ran a hand through her hair as he went on to explain that she had actually done pretty well. To which, she straightened a little, her expression brightening a bit. When he said he had concentrated too hard, she could definitely imagine that. He seemed to be the serious type so to think he concentrated too hard to do something wasn't at all difficult to picture. Josiah mentioned his father had taught him before he fell into silence and Rain suddenly realised she hadn't heard anything about him.. Was he the previous Alpha? If so, did that mean she would have to meet him? She couldn't help but picture an older Josiah who was even colder than when she had met Josiah earlier that day. She wasn't sure how she'd react to someone like that. Josiah frightened her when he had been cold towards her.

When he clear his throat, Rain pulled herself from her thoughts and looked over at him. He told her to stay calm, that it would take a few tries to become used to the power of her wolf. She was told to try again and she gave a light nod and closed her eyes again, picturing her wolf. She went through the same steps as before and her fingers brushed against the white fur of her wolf. She pulled back again at the sudden jolt of power, but she furrowed her brow slightly, refusing to lose the image. It wavered and flickered momentarily before it solidified once again and she reached out and touched it again, refusing to pull her imaginary fingers from her wolf's fur. She could feel the power flowing into her. It was kind of like a ribbon of warmth, curling around her, concentrating on her wrist and her hands and feet from where she had injured them earlier that day. Slowly, keeping the image in her mind, she opened her eyes.

Looking down at her wrist, she saw the bruise healing and a broad smile brightened her features and she looked over at Josiah. It didn't take long at all before her bruise had vanished completely, not a trace left. She marvelled at how her wrist was now the same pale colour as the rest of her. "I did it!" she said excitedly, looking over at Josiah again with a smile. She took it that she was able to do it on her second try was due to the fact that she was older, or perhaps because she had been as her wolf self for so long, though she could never really be sure. "What's next?" she asked, now even more eager than she had been before she had started.

Just like she had done before, Rain closed her eyes for concentration. And like he had done the first time, Josiah watched her with intensity. His eyes flicked from her face to her wrist expectantly. But patient. Rain seemed to have already reached out, because she seemed to move a bit. Luckily, though, she attempted and succeeded in keeping her focus intact. Moments went by, and Josiah was concluding that all was well with her. He leaned back against the couch, noticing that he had been leaning forward a bit too far. He probably would have fallen off the couch if he'd gone any further. Her bruise was vanishing before his eyes, and she opens her eyes to look for herself. Gone was the purplish-black shade, replaced with her original, pale color.

A smile tugged at Rain's lips, making her face brighten. Her eyes were filled with delight. When, she smiled at him, he grinned back. Her excitement was amusing...cute. It gave Josiah pleasure to know that he was partially why. He had taught her how to reach out to her wolf. "Okay, healing progress, check. Now, before we move on the the next thing, keep in mind the one thing that all lycans are allergic to: silver. Silver is like the sun to the traditional vampire. Silver does not kill right off the bat, but it does hinder the healing process. Too much silver in the system will kill you instantly, however. We cannot touch it because it burns through the skin. It can come in various forms: currency made from pure silver, silver nitrate, silverware made from pure silver. Our silverware is made from imitation silver, but moving on from that.

"As you know, your wolf is like your other self from within. So, another way to connect with them is to give them a name. My wolf's name?" He tugged on his hair before continuing. "Well...his name is Sauron Gandalf--first and middle name. Now, in my defense, I named him two years ago and I was very into Lord of the Rings at the time. So I am not to be judged. But since we have that out of the way, let's go over partial shifting. When you partial shift, it's much like stemming from your wolf's healing. Only you're imagining their canines and claws drawing out from your mouth and fingers. It should be easy, now that you know how to heal."

He grinned back her when she smiled at him before he spoke, telling her that all lycans were allergic to silver. That it hinders the healing procress and too much in the symstem would kill the person. That didn't sound very good. She made a mental note to keep away from silver. Far away. Josiah soon spoke about naming her wolf, telling her it was another way to bond with her wolf. He soon told her that his wolf'd name was Sauron Gandalf, before going on to defend himself as to why he called him that. Rain said nothing but she grinned lightly. But the mentioning of a name got her thinking. Though she shoved it to the side for a minute as she listened to Josiah explain partial shifting, telling her it was be easy now she knew how to heal. She didn't know whether she believed that statement or not, but she to let it slide for now.

She did as he had told her, imagining her wolf next to her once again, though tried this time without closing her eyes. So maybe she liked to challenge herself, or she was just stubborn as she lost the image a few times before it finally solidified. She touched her wolf, picturing her canines and claws shifting to her. It was a weird feeling, slightly uncomfortable to be honest, as she felt her teeth elongate and sharpen into points and her nails change into sharp claws. She reached up, opening her mouth slightly to touch one of the pointed canines gently. She kept the canines and claws for a few extra moments before she retracted them and looked over at Josiah. "That was easy," she told him with a grin, "slightly uncomfortable though,"

Her mind wandered back to when he had spoke about naming her wolf. She tried thinking up a really nice name, but for some reason one particular name bugged her. She smiled slightly as she looked over at Josiah. "Shae.." Rain told him, "that's her name. Shae," that name just felt right for some reason. Like it was just meant to be her name. She stayed silent for a little while, just repeating the name in her head. She liked it. Looking over at Josiah, she smiled. "Anything else for today?" she asked him expectantly. But it didn't take long before the back door opened and Theo and a few other guys came barrelling through. Very loudly, might she add. She looked over at them, wondering who the others were and whether they would hate her or be alright with her. They all looked huge with towering heights, muscular arms and thick chests, and Rain suddenly felt very. Very. Small.

The silence returned when Rain began to train her partial shifting. Josiah rose an eyebrow when she didn't close her eyes. Up for the slight challenge, I see, Josiah concluded. It seemed a bit weird how he was looking at her. She had her eyes open, directed towards him, but it was as if she was looking through him. Rain was in another world beyond this, connecting with her wolf on the inside. But he knew she would be able to do it. Something told him that she would; after all, she had gotten the healing down fairly quickly. And sure enough, her canines began to draw out, like the unsheathing of a sword. Josiah looked at her hands to observe her nails turning into that of a wolf's, lengthening out. He looked back up, smirking at her words after she had withdrawn the claws and canines. "It is to be expected. But, you'll get used to it, of course."

Rain told him that she wanted to name her wolf Shae. It was a fitting name for the white wolf, which he had seen long before her human form. But, the name wRasn't what gave him pause. It was the way Rain spoke, she seemed...distracted. However, he was not to judge; Josiah had several of those moments today alone. But, he couldn't help but wonder...what is she thinking about? Josiah is snapped out of his own thoughts when she asks if he has something else to teach her. He shakes his head. "That'll be the bulk of today. Wolf shifting and combat training tomorrow, on the training base at 7:30 in the morning. Your clothes will have been delivered by the end of your training." He was going to say something else, but he heard Theo's loud, laughing voice travel into his ears. He also heard and smelled the other head patrols, along with Henderson and Kendall. Jo shook his head, and finished his words before they could find them. "I suggest being ready by 6:00. Runs are good for the legs, of course. And since your feet are healed, I don't have to show you mercy." His last words were not accompanied by a serious face, but rather a wolfish grin. How funny to be a werewolf and have such a grin.

Just in time, Theo walked in, yelling, "Hey, guys! The lovebirds are in the living room." Josiah glared at Theo while Theo put on an innocent smile. The rest of them came piling in, and only two in the bunch were females--Kendall and Lyzah, one of the head patrols. Henderson walked over to Rain, sitting hip-close to her. He threw an arm on the back of the couch. Josiah was unsure why, but he felt anger course through his veins. He gripped the arm of the couch with a vice-like grip, making his muscles flex under his shirt. He looked to Henderson, given him a subtle side nod, which told him to move. Henderson caught on and he scooted over with a smirk.

"What? I was just being friendly. And don't worry, Theo and I told Dean, Lyzah, and Lennox, here about Rain. They told the other patrols." Josiah nodded, loosening his grip on the couch arm.

"Well, introductions are in order. Rain, of course, you've met Theo," Josiah began. To this, Theo smirked a little, crossed arms over his chest. Josiah rolled his eyes, continuing to introduce the others, "This is Dean, Lyzah, and leading head patrol Lennox." Lennox nodded his head to her, a grin on his face. He was a man of 6 foot 3 stature. He had a head of curly, brown hair, hazel eyes, and a scar over his eye that resembled the scar on Scar from The Lion King.

Kind of disappointed that Josiah had nothing left to teach her today, Rain gave him a weak nod. But he also told her that combat training and Wolf shifting was tomorrow at 7:30 and she couldn't help but grin at the thought of being a wolf once again. When he told her to be ready by 6 to go for a run though, she glanced back over at him as he said he would show her no mercy, a wolfish grin spreading across his face. Rain couldn't help but grin back. She wondered how fast she would be on human legs. She knew as a wolf she was fast. Very fast. She wondered how fast Josiah was as a wolf. But she was soon brought back from her thoughts as she heard Theo's voice. At his mention of 'lovebirds' Rain's eyes widened slightly and she cast a quick glance over at Josiah as she felt a blush creep up. She ducked her head slightly, but soon raised it when Henderson sat right beside her. She looked t him for a moment and flashed him a smile before she looked at the other people, seeing Kendall, obviously not too happy.

Rain heard Henderson speak and she looked over at him, seeing he had moved over. She didn't mind if he sat next to her. But she didn't say anything as he said he and Theo had told the others about her. Josiah soon started to introduce the other to her and she glanced over at Theo. She had already forgiven him. It wasn't his fault, he hadn't realised. She gave him a slight nod, raising her hand, to show him the bruise was gone and then she gave him a quick smile. She looked over at the other three named Dean, Lyzah and Lennox. Dean wasn't very tall for a guy, probably only around 5'9'' with sandy brown hair down to his shoulders and gray eyes. Lyzah, rain guessed, stood around 5'7'' with dirty blonde hair that went to her shoulder blades, though one side was shaved off, and she had pretty blue eyes. Though she had an intimidating look, Rain could just tell she was going to get along with her when Lyzah smiled kindly at her and waved.

Her eys travelled to Lennox. He was grinning at her, his whole 6'3'' stature and scar making her shrink slightly, but she soon relaxed when they came closer. Josiah had promised that they wouldn't hurt her. And she chose to believe him. Rain smiled at the three new comers and she watched as they sat down. She watched as Kendall sat as close as she could to Josiah and Rain couldn't help but wonder if something was going on between the two of them. She felt a little bit jealous at that thought, but she pushed it away. It didn't matter to her. That's what she told herself. She distracted herself and looked at all the head patrols, wondering why they were picked. Well, they looked strong. But surely that wasn't all. "Yes?" she asked when she caught Dean staring at her intently, but the man quickly straightened and looked away. Rain tilted her head to the side in confusion at that.

Josiah smirked at how Rain held up her hand for Theo to see, smiling at him. It seems that all is forgiven, he concluded. He looked over at Theo, and his face showed that he was quite impressed. Yup...I taught her that. His inside thoughts made him smile. His was taken out of this state when Kendall poked his cheek. Josiah tensed, leaning his face away gently. "Alpha Helix, is that a smile!?" Kendall said. Josiah gave her a blank look. So, sure, he hasn't been familiar with or keen on smiling these days, but come on. Josiah Helix is very capable of smiling! He just doesn't do it often...or at all. Well, until today, of course. And he, strangely, owed it to Rain. And imagine that, she's only been here since before lunch! Nevertheless, he was grateful for it. It helped him start regaining himself. And, in Rain's own way, she needs to regain herself. This, he was sure, she had him to thank for.

"Yes, Kendall, I believe so," Lyzah continued the teasing that Kendall started. She stood near Josiah and held a hand to his forehead, as if to check for a temperature. "Are you okay, Helix? Are you sick?" Josiah pouted, shooing Lyzah's hand away. Lyzah went to take a seat on the couch as well, laughing all the while.

"I'll have you women know," Josiah began, "that I am very capable at smiling, as I have just shown you." After his words, the room went silent. His pack members looked at one another, exchanging the same look. Then....they all burst into laughter. "Oh, haha. Thank, oh loyal pack members, for torturing me." The only person who wasn't laughing was Dean. Josiah looked over at him, noticing that he seemed to be deep in thought. Josiah, then, followed Dean's eyes, to find that he was looking at Rain. This made his eyebrows furrow at Dean as Dean looked away from her when she spoke.

Rain watched Dean for a while longer, wondering if he was going to say anything about why he had been looking at her. But he didn't even look her way again. Though he seemed to be forcing himself not to. That confused her. Why had he been looking her so intently, like he was trying to figure something out. She gave a soft sigh and let it go for now as she looked at the others, who were all laughing. About what, she wasn't really sure, but she enjoyed the light atmosphere. A tense atmosphere made her nervous. She didn't handle very well. She was trying her best to become human again. Not to be so much like her Wolf, who had run from what ever that was different. And that meant, if she wasn't trying so hard to be human again, she would've bolted out the door and tried to find a place to hide by now. If she was honest with herself, she was quite surprised and proud that she hadn't done so already. Or tried to. She was fairly certain that she wouldn't get very far before one of them found her and brought her back.

Running a hand through her hair, she cast a glance over at Josiah. He seemed so at ease with these people. He obviously knew them well. Felt comfortble around them. She kind of wished she had people she could be like that with. I might, she thought to herself, if I stay here, I just might.. Make some friends. At that thought, she smiled slightly to herself. When the room fell silent, she swept her gaze over all of them once again and after a brief silence, she spoke up, "So.. How long have you guys known each other?" she asked them, a little hesitant to ask at first. But she was curious, so she had asked, not directly the question at anyone, but everyone, figuring one person would answer her question at least.

She stretched her arms out in front of her and Rain felt exhausted all of a sudden. Like the events of the day had just suddenly came crashing down upon her. She stifled a yawn, now just wanting to curl and sleep. So much excited for one day had taken it's toll on her, but she did her best not to show it. Rain wazsn't even that hungry, but she didn't want to say anything about that, either. She had never had a huge appetite. One meal a day pretty much satisfied her. Though, she guessed, once she became accustomed to her human body, that may change. Though she doubted it would by much. After all, she wasn't a big person. She had a slender build and only stood around 5'4'' or so. Distracting herself from her thoughts, she looked at the others again as she heard Gina, sounding like she was setting everything up in the dining room.

Josiah was slightly surprised by Rain's question. His eyes shifted over to her and he watched her movements for a moment or two. He wasn't sure why he had paused so long, but he did anyway. "Well," he began, leaning forward, "actually, we've known each other since we were mere pups. We've always been apart of Prominence; we were born in it. Prominence has been standing for centuries, even as a tribe. The only exception is Lyzah, who has been with us for five years. But she is very worthy of her title as one of the head patrols. She is, also, a head trainer. Pretty bad ass, she is." Josiah nodded his head with a grin.

Lyzah feigned surprised, placing a hand over her heart. "Oh, Alpha Helix, you warm my heart with your compliments," she said dramatically. She wiped away non-existent tears in her eyes. Lennox snorted, trying to steal her shine.

"Co-head trainer, Lyzah," Lennox said. "And remember I am leading head patrol." Lyzah crossed her arms over her chest, sticking her tongue out at Lennox.

"But you have to admit. She was only with us for five years. And no other women has reached her titles since female werewolves Hateya and Netis in the Tribal Prominence. Do you know how long ago that was?" Josiah said.

Henderson scoffed, leaning back in his seat. "Josiah Helix. Always the history buff."

"I learned from the best," Josiah said with pride.

"Yes. It's still a shame that your dad and--," Henderson began to say, but glares from Theo, Dean, Lyzah, Lennox, and Kendall made him stop. "What? What!?"

You almost spilled the beans in front of Rain! I should kill you, Josiah mind-linked to Henderson. Josiah was glaring at Henderson all the while. "A moment with you, Beta." Josiah stood with tense shoulders, his jaw clenched. He couldn't believe that Henderson was going to spill that tale so thoughtlessly! And as Henderson walked by him, Josiah slapped him on the back of the neck on the way out to the hallway.

"Why'd you do that? You almost told her!" Josiah whisper-yelled.

"I thought you already told her while we were gone," Henderson whispered back.

"What? Why would I tell her that? I just met her."

"I just thought since you seemed to cozy up to her, and all--"

"What did you say to her?"

"I didn't give any specifics, but I told her that you weren't usually all cruel. I told her there was a good reason why."

Meanwhile, back in the living room, Dean was still looking at Rain. He concluded that she was pretty darn cute. When he had caught her yawning, he asked, "Bet you would be tired, having to deal with a new pack full of members who can be looney tunes at times. What pack did you come from?"

Rain listened as Josiah told her they had all known each other since they were pups, explaining they had always been in Prominence and then went on to tell her how old the pack really was. She was a little surprised by how old the pack was. But then again, new packs wouldn't be so large, so really, it shouldn't come as surprise. He spoke about Lyzah and she looked over at her as she placed a hand over her heart, feiging surprise as she spoke. Smiling at her dramatics, she glanced at Lennox when he snorted, commenting that he was the leading head patrol. She grinned at the words the group before her passed between each other. However, that was soon cut off when Henderson spoke, mentioning Josiah's dad. Rain's brow furrowed slightly and she glanced between all of them. What had he said wrong? She didn't get it.

She watched Henderson and Josiah walk off, seeing Josiah slapped Henderson on the back of the neck as he passed him. They disappeared a moment later and she turned her attention back to the group who was now quiet before her. But Dean spoke a few tense moments later, she looked over at him, giving a barely-there shrug when he said about her being tired. But she grinned when he mentioned the pack. It was lively. Everyone seemed nice enough - when they didn't think she was a threat. But when the man asked what pack she was from, she looked down at her lap. Henderson didn't tell them? Then again, that wasn't really his job. She gave a light sigh and looked at Dean once again, deciding she may as well explain. They'd find out eventually anyway and it was wasn't like it was a secret.

"Um.. I've never actually had a pack. I was.. changed.. When I was 8, but the Wolf that bit me was shot and killed by my neighbour.. So I've actually been a Wolf for 10 years until today. I never knew how to change back.. Though apparently I've been on Prominence territory the whole time," she explained quietly, glancing between them sheepishly.

It was Theo who spoke up first, "what did the wolf look like?" he asked and Rain looked at him. He seemed completely surprised, if not in shock, but genuinely curious, too.

"Uhh," she paused, thinking, trying to remember, "I'm not too sure, sorry. I don't really remember much from when I was a human. Only bits and pieces.. But I do remember that he had golden eyes," she told him, looking back over at Theo and then to Dean, wondering what his reaction would be to all of it.

Out in the hallway, Josiah and Henderson were deep into this heated discussion. Josiah just couldn't seem to see reason. Oh, how he wished to pummel Henderson for his little slip-up. Now, Rain might start asking questions or something, Josiah thought frantically. And he said this aloud. But, Henderson was as obstinate as Josiah was at the moment. "Look, Josiah, and I'm speaking to you as a Beta. Rain is a new member of the Prominence pack. Is that correct?" In answer to his question Josiah begrudgingly nodded his head. "Right. And is it not you that thinks all members should know the history of Prominence." At this point, Josiah knew where Henderson was taking this, but he still nodded. He needed to hear this, Josiah had to admit. "Then, shouldn't Rain have the right to know about the history involving the ambush? It was a mere two years ago, but it is still HISTORY."

Josiah's hands clenched into fists, his jaw tightened. "How am I suppose to let it go when those cowards blind-sided us. They killed Alpha Winston. They killed Jones. They killed my father. My father's death tore at my mother to the point of suicide." And for the first time today, Josiah shed the smallest tears. To see him crying was a strange sight.

"I know that, and you will have your revenge. But look at it this way: your pack members walk around, afraid to have encounter with you when they should be wishing for one. Since that ambush, you've turned cold. You cannot let your anger blind you, that's how you get killed in battles. Get it together, Alpha." With that, Henderson walked back into the living, sitting down in his spot. It took a moment for Josiah to collect himself before returning to his spot as well.

In the living room, Dean was tense. He felt like he knew of this girl. Heard of her or something. And when she mentioning that the one that bit her had golden eyes, his eyes snapped up to look at her. "Golden eyes? Are you sure of this? Think harder, if you please. Did you see any other distinguishing features of the wolf. The color of the fur or something?"

Rain watched as Dean's eyes snapped up to stare at her when he jumped in, asking her a round of questions. She blinked in surprise, listening to the man. He seemed desperate for some reason. She didn't know what was going on, but she figured she may as well try and remember. It would be better for her, anyway. She furrowed her brow slightly as she tried to remember that day. It was quite fuzzy and she couldn't get a clear picture as it wavered constantly, but she did her best.

Rain stared down at the two dolls she held in her hand, a smile on her small face. Her silvery hair was cut in a short bob above her shoulders and it tickled her cheeks. A sound from behind her made her jump and she turned. It was barely two metres away from me. It's hulking presence standing over her, casting a shadow over the small girl. She tried to stand and run away, but the beast lunged at her. It's jaws clamped on her thigh, piercing the skin. Blood soaked her pants and the girl screamed. She tried to kick the wolf, to hit at, trying to get it to let go as it started dragging her towards the forest behind her house. Eyes wide, she had figured she was dead at that moment. But a gunshot rang out from somewhere close. The wolf slumped to the ground and it's teeth loosened on her leg. She looked over at her neighbour for a quick moment before staring at the wolf as the man pulled her away, towards the house. But Rain had been unable to tear her eyes away from the beast that had attacked her.

Snapping back to reality, she saw that Henderson had taken his seat again and Josiah was coming back over. Her thigh where she had been bitten suddenly tingled and she rubbed a hand over it lightly before she looked at Dean. "Brown. It was dark brown," she paused for a moment, "and it's left paw was white." she told Dean. she looked at the man, cocking her head to the side slightly. She ran a hand through her hair, which now quite easily reached her waist as she watched Dean. "Someone you know?" she asked him before she glanced at the others sitting around. All except Lyzah seemed very tensed after she had told them what he looked like. Had it been a pack member? Had one of their members bit her? Had her neighbour killed one of their members?