Change in Direction

"me being a dumb dog won't help me survive will it?!!! " he stood up and left the room quietly

Emma sat there a bit shocked. It was so wonderous to her. It gave her such a powerful feeling when she transformed, it was like a high. She felt like she was invincible to the world when it happened. She sat there alone in the room slumped against the wall, frustrated that Ash couldn't see the amazing ability he had, even if he was just a dog.

Ash walked to the back of the house. He curled up in a tight ball and began to cry. He didn't want Emma to annoy him but couldn't do anything about it. He had not figured out what she was trying to say about being able to transform too.

When Ash didn't come back Emma got up and left. She wasn't going to sit there forever and wait for him to understand. On her way home she passed a gas station. Her tongue tingled for a cigarette but she was under aged and couldn't just walk in an buy them. She whispered to herself. "What if..." A devious smile appeared on her face. She looked around and snuck behind the gas statiohn. After making sure no one saw her she focused all her energy in one place and a light flashed around her. A lean cougar appeared in her place. She grinned with pleasure at the sight of her paws.

He knew that if Emma wasn't lying about transforming and she would probably resort to stealing and even killing, to get her way. This made him annoyed. He began to cry quietly to himself. He loved her.... But now he didn't know. He thought about things slowly and tried to think out stuff as much as possible

Emma pounced into the gas station growling. People went running every direction, including the shopkeeper. She snickered at their screams of terror. In her mouth she snatched two packs of Marlboro Reds and a lighter. Then she went running out the back door and turned back into herself. Emma shook her head laughing at how easy it was. As she walked home she lit up one of the cigs and smoked it contently. She let Ash slip from her mind for now. Emma would talk to him later.

Ash fell asleep on the floor. He was crying quietly to himself. He felt very sick and fell into a high fever and was really just unconscious. He lay there and got colder and colder.

When Emma got home she stuck her goods in her purse and took the rest of the time to clean around the house. She knew her mom wouldn't do it no matter how much it needed it. It was late evening when Emma called Ash. She had made sandwiches for dinner and packed one in her purse for Ash. She picked up her cell and dialed his number.

Ash was asleep, or unconscious. He wouldnt have been woken easily anyways. He was sweating vigorously and loosing all the liquids in his body. He lay in his room. Stuck in high fever

After calling Ash five times with no answer she grabbed her purse and walked out of the house. The cool night breeze felt welcoming against her skin and the stars felt as if they were calling for her to come out. She walked up to Ash's door and knocked. "Come on Ash," she shouted, "This isn't a game!" When he didn't answer she invited herself in. She searched around and found Ash on the ground in a cold sweat. She shook him and called his name but nothing worked. "Shit." She began pacing around the room. She murmered to herself. "Should I call the hospital or..." Emma had no idea what to do in a situation like this and she was panicking. She flipped out her phone and began to dial the nearest hospital.

The fever wasn't that bad. He had just pushed himself further towards it by being down and depressed. He currently hated himself and often hat to hold himself back from slitting his wrists. His depression made him sick so bad

Before anyone could answer on the other line she hung up scared. "He'll wake up." She whispered to herself. "He'll be fine." She was trying to comfort herself by saying everything was okay. Emma sat by him hugging her knees waiting for him to wake up. As the night got more bitter she found a blanket and put it over Ash and kissed his forehead.

It takes a few hours. Around 12. He wakes up. Worst headache eve, Eyes red and irritated. The first thing he noticed were the ciggys which had fallen out of emma's bag. He reached for them and looked at them. "Did you steal these" he shouted. still weak from the fever. He managed to throw the pack half way across the room

"Why does it matter where I got them?" Emma rolled her eyes at him. "They're all the same. Anyway, you should be worrying about yourself. You were out for quite a long time." Her expression changes to a softer one. "You scared me..." Emma looked down at the ground in deep thought.

"you stole them... Didn't you? You know how much I hate smoking why did you bring them here!!!!" Ash was pisses. He hated smoking and drinking and drugs. He hated people who smoked or did drugs or drunk. Even with the cold sweat running down his forehead he shouted, "GET OUT OF MY HOUSE YOU SMOKING THEIVING BITCH!!" he shouted, he didn't really mean it and the words sort of just slipped out but he couldn't help it now

Emma looked up at him shocked. Tears were running down her cheeks. In a barely audible voice she said. "Fine, I'll leave you alone." Emma gathered her things and ran out the door. She ran straight to the little rusty park and sat on a swing. She wiped her eyes and dug through her bag for a cigarette. Emma didn't care if Ash didn't like it, it was her own decision. She lit it up and took a long soothing drag. "What's happening...I thought..." Her thoughts were too tangled to think straight. After crushing her cig on the ground she once again focused herself into animal form. She was angry and frustrated and she needed to get it out somehow.

He suddenly covered his mouth with his hands, realising what he had said. He began to cry again. After an hour of sobbing the fever finally got to him again and he passed out. He was scared because he didn't know if Emma would come back to look for him. He hated himself more for loosing his calm and shouting at Emma

In her beast form Emma scratched up trees sending shreds of bark everywhere and du up dirt running in circles. She was just trying to get all her frustration out and this was the only way she could think of, going into a blind rage. When she transformed back she was crying and drained of all energy. She took gasps of air in between sniffles. Emma laid down on the cold earth staring back at the stars wondering if she would ever get Ash back.

He stayed passed out for ages, he was dehydrated and more hungry than usual. His body basically shut down on him and he and nobody to help him recover. Emma was his only really friend, who he had now lost...

Emma awoke to the sound of children playing in the park. She quickly got up a little confused. "Shit. I gotta get home." She whispered to herself. Her mind was panicking again. How much trouble would she be in? She didn't even want to know. Her mother would be insanely pissed that she didn't come home. She grabbed her bag and ran as fast as she could back to her house. Along the way she tried to think of some crazy stoey to tell but her mind was blank. "Ash..."