Change in Direction

Emma smiled. "Yeah, sure. Come on over. You can use my shower and I'll make you something to eat."

"Thanks a bunch" Ash smiles. "Im'm lucky to have a friend like you... Yeah..." Ash sighs and stands up. "be right there"
He puts the phone down and walks to the door. He leaves and locks the door behind him. He takes his time walking to Emma's house

Emma slipped her phone into her back pocket as she went to her bathroom. She looked in the mirror and checked herself over. As she brushed through her hair again Emma sighed. "Not the greatest I've looked but oh well." She went to the kitchen and put the dirty dishes on the table in the sink. Clara had gone back to her room so she wouldn't have to worry about being bothered by her.

Ash arrived. About 30 mins later He knocked on the door softly before waiting for it to be answered. He sighed softly and thought about emma

Emma froze as she heard the knocking. She turned to the door and blushed at the thought about Ash behind it. With every step she took towards the door she thought time was getting slower. When she finally made it to the door she opened it and smiled at the sight of Ash. "Hey, come on in." Emma stepped to the side to let him in the house.

Ash grinned when he saw Emma. Her smile and blush never failed to make him smile. He stepped forward into the house, turning to smile at emma once more. He knew he liked her but was too afraid to ask if she liked him.
(OOC: I forget the story we laid out for this ._. )

Emma led him to the kitchen. "What would you like to eat? I was planning on cooking you something while you were in the shower." She opened up a cupboard to see what she had. She began naming off simple foods to make, "Pancakes, mac and cheese..."
(OOC: it was about discovering they were shapeshifters and one of them turns out bad pretty much xD)

"Pancakes sounds nice right about now..... Haven't had them since before my parents left... " Ash tries to block out the thoughts of his parents. They loved him, until they just left him when he was 11 with nothing to pay bills with or to eat... it brought a small tear to his eye which he rubbed away as fast as he could

She set the pancake mix on the table and looked up. Emma noticed the change in Ash and went to stand next to him. She put her petite hand on his shoulder. She said in a small kind voice, "Are you okay?"

"i'm fine... Thanks... ummm Emma did you like the flowers I bought you?" Ash asks quickly trying to change the subject before she noticed his moment of weakness. "the roses and stuff" he trailed off

Emma took her hand away. She knew something was wrong but she tried to shrugged it off. "Yes, they look really nice in my room. They're beautiful. Well, I'll make you pancakes and the shower is this way." She led him to her room and into her washroom. "Sorry, you might smell a bit like a girl when you come out." She giggled. Emma took out some clean towels from under the sink and set them on the counter. She flashed Ash a smile before closing the door behind her as she left.

Ash smiled back at Emma, he had brought some clean clothes and deodorant in his backpack anyway so 'smelling like a girl' only made him giggle slightly. He stripped down and had a shower quickly. Taking time to wash his dyed red hair. His hair gave him the nickname Red from some of his old friends back when he was a kid.
He got out of the shower, got dressed and cleaned all the drippy water off the floor.

After closing the door Emma went into the kitchen. She got out a skillet and lit the stove up. As that warmed up she began making the pancake mix. Ash...I wonder how he sees me... Her thoughts trailed off as she poured the mix in the skillet. The sizzling rung in her hears. It brought her back from times when her dad was around and she would help him flip the pancakes. They were happy times when her mom used to smile. Emma hadn't heard her laugh once since her dad left them four years ago. Dad, where are you now? Emma took a deep breath, shaking off her thoughts. She stacked the warm pancakes on a plate set them on the table to cool.

Ash soon walked down to the kitchen. He had an towel and was drying his hair with it. His hair was short and spiked up at the back. It was a fluorescent red colour and it seemed to shimmer in the light, being that it was wet. Ash opened the door slowly and smiled and said "I don't smell like a girl" he giggled trying to lighten the mood. His best friend seemed slightly saddened by something but he didn't know what. He wasn't going to be nosy though. It wasn't like him to do that.

Emma giggled along. She walked toward Ash and grinned, her mood now brighter. "But, you do smell loads better." She messed up his hair with one hand teasing him. "Here," she pointed to the pancakes, "they're still warm." Emma indicated him to sit down and went to get syrup out of the fridge. She set the bottle on the table before sitting down at the chair next to him.

Ash sat down, blushing for no real reason other than being with Emma. He loved her and inside he hoped she loved him. All the hours he spent with her, when they were little kids and their parents still with them. For them those were happy times. He knew Emma was hurt when her Dad left her and her inter with their mother.

Emma put her elbows on the table to hide that she was also blushing. Ash was cute, really cute. She felt her cheeks grow even warmer. Emma knew she liked him but had no idea what his reaction would be if she told him. She sat back in her chair and tried to make herself small as she thought more and more about Ash.

Ash ate the pancakes slowly. Taking his time, he was also thinking about the cute girl who sat beside him. He tried to hide his feelings with other emotions. "why are you so curled up all of a sudden?" he asked, giggling quietly.
(OOC: who do you want to discover the shape shifting first And who do you want to be the one who turns bad...
re watching all of avatar:last airbender so I can watch avatar: korra)

Emma sat up quickly and grinned. "Er...I don't know." She tried to relax a bit more. "I'm just thinking about..." She didn't finish her sentence and instead watched Ash eat his pancakes. "Are they alright?" Emma giggled. "I'm not the greatest cook in the world, but I tried my best not to burn them."
(OOC: my character has already hinted about it and i dunno, sure I you want me to be. I freaking love the old series of avatar.)

(oooc <--- note the extra o it's for pizaz. I did not get that hint >.< unobservant speed speed reader me is too fast at fast reading)
"ehhh... Yeah they are really really tasty. I only had them once before..." he trails of. "what were you thinking about?"