Chances -A Super Hero Roleplay- OOC !CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Astro

Original poster
Chances
"What if you were given one chance to correct something you did wrong? To save a life? To save hundreds of lives? Cure diseases? Prevent wars? I guess you could say that's me. My name is Rory Mills, and I have the power to go back in time. I don't know where I got the power or why it was me, but I have it. I've searched for a long time, but still don't have any ideas. I've been hoping to find someone like me, someone with powers, but if there are others, they're doing a damn good job hiding it. So this is my last call, like a final hoorah. So listen up, I know this is hard to believe, and all of you are probably laughing at this crazy girl on the internet, but if you're like me, there's a building in Mid-Town Chicago, the address is 33151 West Pandora Road. Come as you want, because maybe together, we can find as answer."

The video cut out there. People had been saying they wanted this as a TV show, or an animation, but it was real. Rory Mills was lost and searching for answers. Her power was out of control, and she needed help. She was hoping that at least some people with powers saw the video and were on their way to the Warehouse.

Alrighty, so this is a super-hero roleplay. Sort of. Basically Rory Mills, my character, discovers she has a strange power. She can now travel back in time, but not forwards. She searched for months but she found no explanation to her new found abilities. So she takes to the internet, putting up a video calling all teenagers like her to the Warehouse she lives in.

So this roleplay is more about a group of teenagers with super-powers discovering how to use their abilities, all while trying to save the World from continuous threats.

I'm looking for Seven other characters, 3 girls and four boys, so that its all even, but if certain parts fill up fast I'm willing to make one or two exceptions.

When making your character, try not to use powers that are too controlling. Try to keep away from mind control and stuff.

The rules of this RP are pretty simple, don't godmod, don't be rude, and have fun! Also, create your characters in a way that explains their power and how much they know about it and in what order they show up to the Warehouse. And you are allowed to curse! It's totally alright. We're playing teenagers, feel free to make it realistic.

ALL FEMALE PARTS TAKEN

Character Sheet~

Name:

Appearance (Pictures):

Height:

Weight:

Power:

Weakness:

Traits:

Bio:

My Character~

Name: Rory Mills

Appearance:
7b1a20854c87205dcc97bbda6a36095f.jpg

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 112

Power: Can go back in time

Weakness: Can't go forward in time, and her travel can be disrupted by coming in contact with another human, and traveling too far to often destroys her body.

Traits: Caring, Loving, Curious, Sneaky, Smart, Peaceful.

Bio: Rory was born on April 5th 1996, and was adopted at the age of three and raised by her foster parents in a normal home. It wasn't until she turned sixteen that she started flashing back in time. After an accidental trip to Freshman Homecoming, Rory started learning to control it. She wears a black gloves all the time, because after her first few encounters, she started traveling on purpose and quite frequently. That's when she learned traveling too far too often would destroy her. Slowly, her left hand flaked away, and is now invisible. She can use it, but can't see it. It is also destroying her insides, and coughed blood for a few days afterward. After her online video was released, fakers and people that wanted to buy the rights to her 'fictional' story started showing up at her home. She sent them away and still has yet to find anyone like her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to join, but do you mind if I just use a written description?

I usually prefer that people use images just because its easier to put a face to the name, but yeah, I can make an exception for that!

Name: Jennifer Hart

Appearance (Pictures): image.jpg

Height: 6'0

Weight: 129

Power: Flame Materialisation (essentially, instead of creating fire balls, she can form weapons made of a flame. They'd be about as strong as steel, but the heat factor is what allows them to do some serious damage.)

Weakness: Dehydration, Jennifer tends to lose water at twice the rate of a human, as well as having the tendency to have asthma-like symptoms. {heavy breathing}

Traits: Kind, Tactless, Honest, Impulsive

Bio: Jennifer was born on the 7th August, 1996, and has had a reasonably good life considering the nature of her power. She had been a part of her friend's group throughout highschool, though, a freak accident left her friends burned and charred, the girl never being able to forgive herself. Regardless, she wishes to make sure that she can help out others, and she believes that by being honest, she can help those around her with making their dangers known. Due to her honesty, she had lost quite a bit of sensitivity with people, and is often seen as bad and evil by those who have been through some tough times.

Character Sheet~

Name: Justin Langdon

Appearance (Pictures):
480354.jpg

Height: 6'7

Weight: 145

Power: Shape Shifting and Voice Mimicking. He can Shape Shift into animals or people.

Weakness: He often times has difficulties changing back or he changes back without meaning to, sometimes has to stay in the shifted form for up to a day before he changes back. He loses energy faster, causing him to eat more to gain energy. When h has a cold his shifting is uncontrollable and happens at random times.

Traits: Goofy, curious, sneaky, sometimes inappropriate, amazingly loyal to friends.

Bio: Justin was born on October 31st, 1995. When he was young his parents died in a car accident and he was mostly raised by his grandmother whom he deeply loved and would do anything for. Though he felt bad about what happened to his parents, he never really got sad about it since he was young when it happened. The first time he discovered his powers was when he was 9 years old. He and his cousin were playing a game where they pretended to be monkeys and climbed around. Justin wanted to swing from the small chandelier and when he jumped to grab it he shifted into a small ape. Ever since then Justin has used his powers to pull pranks on people and spy on them. But one day he decided to prank his grandmother and pretended to be a mouse, scurrying around the floor. His grandmother was honestly terrified and tried to run away but she fell over and broke her arm. After that, Justin decided to be more careful about using his powers, especially around his grandmother. He still pulls pranks and spies on people, but he's more sneaky about it now.

My sincerest apologies for being rusty. Do tell if anything needs changed or edited.

Character Sheet~

Name: Adrian Black

Appearance (Pictures):
29pc8zd.jpg

Height: 6'1''

Weight: 140

Power: Illusions ( These illusions mess with additional sensory rather than just sight, they can also audibly be heard.)

Weakness: Subconsciousness; Adrian often creates Illusions without being completely aware, often times even tricking himself. Whether it be strangers, food, voices, or even nightmares.

Traits: Playful, Serious, Hotheaded, Slow, Versatile, Reticent, Guarded

Bio: Born June 7th, 1995, Adrian grew within a rather peculiar household of varied religious views. Adrian's powers first began to run wild around the age of twelve, and with it, the belief that there was a haunting. In fact, their family moved a good number of times before coming to claim that they themselves were the ones being haunted rather than their homes. Over the years, Adrian actually became somewhat used to seeing strange things occur around him, as well unknown voices from just around the corner. As more time passed, he even found that he could conjure a number of things himself with enough focus. It became more of a private hobby really, rather than openly showing others, in fear he would be outcast by even his own family. He would keep it to himself to the end of time if need be, but, after seeing a certain video.. He couldn't help but wonder.

Thank you very much! ^_^ Let me know if this is too OP, I can change it.

(As a side note, a 6'7" 19 year old guy that weighs 135 pounds would probably have an eating disorder...)

Name: Bob Vurto (goes by his last name)

Appearance: Vurto has a genetic deficiency that causes his head and body to be completely devoid of hair -- not even any eyebrows, though he draws them in to look a little more normal. He generally has a very tired, irritated look about him: his brown eyes are slightly sunken, his mouth is a thin line often warped into a disinterested scowl, and his narrow shoulders slope considerably downwards. He dresses in all dark colors, usually blacks and blues, with no attention-grabbing patterns or fashion deviancy. The only thing that keeps him from looking super intimidating is his build: short and skinny.

Height: 5'3"

Weight: 138 lbs

Power: Vurto has the power to absorb the life from plants and animals with his fingertips. He can "switch" this power on and off, but once it's on, it's difficult to only take a little bit of life. (See weaknesses.)

Weakness: Absorbing life creates an intense rush of endorphins, and thus is highly addictive. He can never give the life back, so he fears getting caught up in the rush and accidentally hurting someone close to him.

Traits: Distrustful, Loner, Aggressive, Intelligent, Haughty, Drifter

Bio: Vurto was orphaned at a young age and forced to rough it alone for a long six months before he was found. He was taken in by a man named Alex Relson, having grudgingly accepted that he needed someone to provide him with food and shelter. He was forced to share in the resources with six other children that had gone through circumstances similar to his own, but he eventually learned to deal. He spent a lot of time in his room reading, writing poetry, and tending to his collection of edible plants.

Vurto was enraptured by the mythology behind death and the afterlife. He read up on the representations of Death used by many different cultures and went as the Grim Reaper for Halloween every single year. His interests took on a darker spin when he first discovered his powers; he accidentally killed a man he didn't know, leaving the poor fellow a withered husk. Terrified of what he'd seemingly just done, Vurto withdrew even further than he already had. Alex passed away when Vurto was 17, leaving him and his six adopted siblings to fend for themselves once again. At least this time they have each other, but Vurto rarely speaks to them for fear of killing them too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ty Lee
Name:
Natalie Bender​

Appearance (Pictures):
4784727073_736ab42221.jpg

Height:
5'9​

Weight:
127​

Power:
Physic Energy Manipulation-Includes creating blasts/beams of physic energy, creating force fields, and telekinesis.​

Weakness:
Her powers are drastically related to her mental state, if she is not mentally strong enough, doubts herself, or is in a bad place her powers fluctuate and can fail her. If she tries to use her powers in a unfavorable state it can cause them to backfire and hurt her mentally and physically.​

Traits:
Anxious, self doubting, curious, loyal, protective, level headed, and enjoys humor.​

Bio:
Natalie has lived a relatively normal life. She has a mother, a father, and three brothers. One of which is older and the other two are younger. Nothing really drastic has happened in her life, no one has died and her powers haven't caused anything. In fact, she didn't realize she had powers until about two years ago. Up until then she lived a day by day life, go to school, come home, do homework and chores, and sleep. She had a very structured life.

Around the time her powers started to develop she started to get really bad anxiety because things started to turn in her life. Her parents set them up in a semi-strict living condition, but Natalie never minded. But around the time her powers started to manifest her brothers started to act up. They hated the living conditions they were in and demanded more freedom. Natalie is very level headed and could usually calm her brothers down from fits like this. But with her own powers interrupting her regulated life she felt like she was losing control. First her brothers started to act up, more rules came down, and her powers were new. She too realized she hated the structure given to her but she had never acted up before.

Then her older brother came home drunk and Natalie's parent's lost it. They started to have curfews, check in times, and only once a month could they go to a party. Natalie was losing control over everything in her life and she was really lonely with no one to talk to. She started to doubt herself and her powers kept growing. She decided since she couldn't control anything in her life she would at least try to control her powers. She began to practice and learn more about what was happening to her. She found joy in being able to move things without touching them and started to enjoy her time alone with her powers.

Her older brother recently discovered Natalie's powers on accident. He got excited because he had recently seen the video online with the girl asking if there is anybody out there similar to her. Between all her brothers and Natalie they have found a way to sneak her out of the house and hopefully get down to the warehouse.​

Reactions: GingerXX
Name: Arianna Statten

Appearance:
68fd35c7cd65f6f0177ac2a7bdf55e1d.jpg
(Without braces)

Height: 5'6

Weight: 123

Power: Ice Manipulation and Conjuring

Weakness: Cannot be in heat for too long. Also cannot touch other people.

Traits: Kind, Loving, Shy, Distant, Paranoid, Honest

Bio: Arianna was born in South Florida to her two loving parents. They raised her in a well city and did everything for her. When she was 8, she started to have dizzy spells in the sun, forcing her to stay inside. In about a year, her powers grew to where she could make a room cold by just her presence, make little whisps of ice, and leave frost anywhere she touched (like if she walked barefoot) When her body started to fail and she lost conciousness many times, Ari finally told her parents. They immediately moved to Michigan, hoping to better her condition. They were supporting and there through everything, but her as her powers grew stronger, she distanced herself from people. She was afraid to hurt anyone. In the present time, Ari still lives in Michigan. She has only 2 very close friends, both of which know her secret. Her powers are know much stronger, and her weaknesses grow worse if she uses them.

NEypkhxuD1AzBD_1_1.jpg

Name:

Austin Carver
Featuring Coal and Ash

Male

Height:

5'12

Weight:

Power:

Darkness Manipulation

Able to conjurer beast, weapons and manipulate shadows from any dark surface.

Weakness:

Secretly crazy, he sees and talks to a dark black wolf he calls Ash, and a raven he calls Coal. They often feed him corrupt knowledge, ideas, and often turns him against others.

His powers are dramatically weaker in light, depending on the light source.

Traits:

Gullible, cocky, headstrong, distant, loud mouth, unreliable and mysterious.

Bio:

Carver grew up going by the name left for him, Austin Carver, by two parents who put him up for adoption. Constantly going family to family, Carver constantly got into fights, stole, and bullied his way to the top of every school he went too. He was still mocked for being the strange boy that could "move" shadows, making them wicked shapes, or shadowy figures.

At age 13, he started smoking, and by age 16 he was doing harder drugs becoming one of the partying kids. After he started drinking, he began seeing Coal, a raven only he could see. At first the raven only watched from a distance, but soon the two began talking. Thinking he was crazy at first, the bird convinced him otherwise. At age 17, Carver was walking back to the orphanage late at night, Carver heard growling all around him, and came face to face with Ash, a wolf with bright red eyes. Backing away slowly, the wolf snarled and jumped on Carver, and bit his throat with a nasty crunch. Feeling no pain, Carver opened his eyes to find the wolf gone, not even a scratch on his neck.

Only seeing him two other times, both times frightening Austin. Strangly, after the scare the wolf gave him his raven friend gave it a name: Ash. His powers began acting wilder weeks before his 18th birth day, and after practicing he could conjurer obsidian black items from any shadows. Finally 18, and yet to find a permanent family Austin went into the world alone, with only Coal and the occasional Ash by his side.

Ah! I am most pleased to see it is up!

If I may so ask, whenever you may be reading this, what time is it? For each and every individual, seeing as I am partially interested to see which given time zones we are working with.

Otherwise, greetings to one and all! I look forward to working with everyone.

I'll probably be able to reply after work, I start in about an hour and it goes on for four hours. Depends on how I feel though, kinda didn't sleep last night.

Well, that was rather embarrassing. I seemed to have posted for my character on the wrong tab.

Can you please add a link here to the IC thread? .w.

Looking forward to roleplaying with y'all!

I'll work on my post after a quick shower.

If something isn't accurate in my post, let me know :P

Status
Not open for further replies.