Champions of Isaiha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yzmael

Original poster
So, hello, everyone, I'm Yzmael. I'm an RPer for quite a long time, but for some reason, I never really felt satisfied with the scope of the RPs I'm playing with. By that, I mean the power scope. The scope in which characters work with. Here on Iwaku, GMs tend to be kind of afraid of creating RPs where characters have incredibly OP powers for fear of the fact that everything would be ruined.

I, for the other side, believe OP is somewhat different from what most people see. Most people see a power that is... Too useful, and immediately think of it as Overpowered, I usually tend to see what else that power brings. If it's strong, it needs a just as strong setback.

Well, going into that discussion would take too much time so let me just skip to the chase:
I WANT AN RP WHERE THE CHARACTERS ARE IMMENSELY POWERFUL

And I mean Immensely powerful. Of course, by characters I mostly mean PCs. Because of that wish of mine to see an RP where characters are incredibly powerful, I came up with an idea for an RP that I thought would be interesting.

Long story short: a story about how Gods who are too bored, decide to test an entire planet's strength by pitting their best champions against beasts that are able to EAT PLANETS. These champions are you, by the way. To keep everything balanced and interesting, however, the Gods give these champions, most brought back from the afterlife, part of their powers to control. They order these champions to go to their people and unite all lands against the impending attack, as they will need a powerful army.

The plot is awfully simple, but I plan on having everything and I mean, EVERYTHING, be my original creation since I don't much like to use AU's for this purpose. I mean, even then, there are very few Universes I can use that manage this scope of power.

The setting would be a steampunkish planet with many races. The technology levels vary greatly race by race, but the most powerful would be late 19th century technology, created by the most advanced race. Other type of technology would involve Magitek, the combination of magic and technology.

To keep people from PVPing and such, there will be rules which will maintain the RP's focus as a PVE RP, which may also include pre-determined results for all PVP battles. Initially, PCs would be strong enough to level a city block with their most powerful abilities, but as the RP progresses, they might reach enough power to completely annihilate cities with ease.

A planet very similar to Earth, but with only three large continents and slightly smaller as well. The planet's biome is mostly terran, with the continent's locations changing this factor. It possesses an ecosystem very similar to Earth as well, but with much larger and more fierce creatures that serve as exemplary to all races.

So, what is unique to Isaiha? Well, some things.

To begin with, Isaiha possesses an element called "Io"(io) which is mostly used for magical processes, such as invoking creatures from another real, summoning powerful spells to aid in wars and combat, healing allies and such. Those who tap into Io can use it for almost anything, but there aren't many who are able to do that and those who are, usually keep it a secret. The usage of Io is frowned upon by some races, but for others, it is a vital force. Some found the use of Io as an energy source for technology.

Io is a odorless, colorless and cannot be seen through any way other than magical sensors. Usually, mages can also feel the amount of Io in the air, which makes them aware of their capabilities as mages since birth. The question is, where does Io come from? Primarily, it comes from the Fifteen Gods. These Gods are all revered by most civilizations, but their names and personalities vary greatly between races. What is known, however, is that they exist and that some of their shrines, built by an extremely ancient race, still cover Isaiha. These great shrines were once sought by some races in attempt to grant them graces, and they were granted as gifts to the races.

The three continents that litter Isaiha are Firas, Corinthus and Dakrai. Each one of them is unique and possesses their traits and Shrines. In total, there are 12 shrines across the continents(4 in each), with 3 of them being lost to the oceans.

Firas, the continent of Summer, is the one in the middlemost of the planet. It looks akin to a line with rough edges. It is divided among three races: The Elvish, the Sajins and the Vulcans. Firas is a mostly a green continent, with a biome filled with forests teeming with life.

To the west stands the Vulcan's city, Virian, a great volcano that is always in activity. Legends say Virian is the "head" of the continent of Firas, which is often compared to an eel. The Elvish live in the center-most area of the continent, with their huge capital, King's Garden, as the main setting for the entire continent. The Elvish live through trading and farming, mostly, with fishing being another minor activity. They trade with both Faeries and Vulcans and sometimes with Humans from cross continents. To the west-most side of the continent is a large volcano always active. It is home to the Vulcan's city, Hillas. It stands inside the volcano, formed around the walls of it's insides. Below Virian stands a vent that was once an active and flourishing volcano. To it's sides are large tubes that connect the water from below the volcano back into the walls which in turn makes it so that the lava condenses before it goes above it's normal levels. Additionally, deep inside the volcano are farms. Aside from that, they usually trade the extremely rare "Lava Berries" with other races for other food. The Sajins live to the East in the called "Magical Forests". They usually live by utilizing their magical properties and rarely do they interact with any other society. They tend to only trade and make deals with Elvish and are not very interested in the other races. Not very technologically advanced either, these creatures tend to live mostly in their own isolated forests, farming for their magical fruits and herbs and selling them mostly to the Elvish for ridiculously low prices. Their trade is usually made for slaves.

Firas is mostly seen trading with Corinthus, but they cut ties with Dakrai after their knowledge of the Vampires came to light. As a result, Firas lives in trade with the war-filled Corinthus, but rarely enters in contact with the races of the Forgotten Continent, Dakrai. Firas is called the "Summer Continent", usually seen as a paradise by those who live in Corinthus.

Corinthus is the largest continent among the three, it stands from the extreme North to almost touching the beginning of South's edge. The continent is varied, having three races being the most prominent: The Humans, the Orcs and the Goblins.

Dominating most of the south are extremely hot deserts, packets of high temperatures and usually very long threads of sand and oasis fill the surface. To the east and west-some areas there are some forests, but none too large or filled with life. To the west, the most surprising are large mountains that cover most of the area and serve as home to the Goblins and their trade caravans. Their city lies atop the mountain, called Tinky. It's usually very agitated and seeing business with both other races. To the southeast stands the Human capital: Knight's Home. A huge city with functional technology and a living, breathing economy. The city is bustling with activity and has the most prestige Magical Academy of all human cities. To the north of Knight's Home is King's Fort, a large Fort that serves as home to the King and as HQ for the Human Army. Heading further to the North one will see the desolated areas that the Orc's call Home: Heigen. A large, vicious-looking Fort that serves as HQ for the Orc Army and as an industrial site for the forging of military weapons. The Orc's city lies beyond and to the north in the cold area of Ivoras, a large snowy area in which the Orcs tend to rest. Other cities revolve around both capitals, but none are far too important to be worth mentioning. War has destroyed most of the Continent, with the central areas being filled with craters and abandoned villages on fire. The economy is mostly worked on trade between Orcs or Humans and the Goblins, with military weapons and technologies being the most traded objects.

Corinthus is usually called the "Steel Continent" a continent with equally harsh cold and hot weathers, but with some areas that extremely fertile, specially to the center of the continent, which is very contested between Orcs and Humans. As a result, the country is the biggest farming continent of the three and usually exports this food in trade with both Dakrai's Dwarves and Firas' races. They've been known to trade with the Vampires, but only limitedly.

Finally, Dakrai, the Forgotten Continent, is a frozen island to the extreme North of the planet. Not very large when compared to the two others, it has the form of a horseshoe. It is extremely cold and inhospitable, having very hazardous environment, specially due to the beasts that inhabit it and threaten the beings that live there. The three races that live in this continent are the Jotun, the Dwarves and the hated Vampires.

Near the Frozen Bay are large pieces of Tundra that seem to be darker than most forests. These are usually home to the most dangerous creatures of the island, including giant wolves, bears and other giant creatures. Among the bay is the large Blood Port, a giant city encrusted against a mountain that is part of the mountain chains of Dakrai. The city is completely beautiful, but is always covered in a mist that drives unwelcome people away from it, or traps them inside an everlasting loop as they travel through it. Shipwrecks are common near the city as well. It is the land of the Vampires, and the port serves mostly for trading with the humans for Blood or other blood-related items in exchange for gold or other rare minerals. The Vampires own a large assortment of slaves that do their work for them, including mining the ores from the mountain's deep core. However, further across these forests and on atop and on other side of these mountains are the Jotun, a proud race that lives as nomads who walk through the mountains and keep the Shrines safe. This race is the last of the Ancients, known to live for thousands of years and to be capable of easily fending off groups of Vampire Mages. They usually guard the Temples of the Gods with their own lives if necessary. Except if their enemies are the Dwarves. Deep in the center area of the mountains are large crossroads made out of stone. The Dwarves built them to last and they use it to trade and operate the city of Khadaras, a large underground city that burrows into the ground. Since Dwarves lack magic, they usually trade with Elvish or Vampires for magical items, no matter their source to use it on their machines. The result is an incredibly advanced race that tends to usually control the market with their absurd amount of gold and strength in combat.

Dakrai is a dark, unwelcoming continent, which is why it is known by many as the Forgotten Continent. The presence of the Vampires gives it a very bad reputation, but the riches of the Dwarves often bring them to deal with the Vampires in order to reach them. The relationships between the three races are tense, to say the least, but they usually are not at war due to their strong belief in the power of the Temples and the often pressuring presence of the Jotuns.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think and I might make a full glossary and RP out of this.​

1. Somni - The God of Sleep and Dreams @R-9 Pilot - Possible Reserved?
  2. Methos - The God of Justice and Revenge @Detective Zero -Reserved
  3. Yamakar - The Goddess of Lies and Deceit -Open
  4. Nomikar - The Goddess of Fears and Hopes @Reanimator Bob
  5. Hanakar - The Goddess of Balance and Equilibrium
  6. Alathos - The God of War and Victory @TerribleName - Reserved
  7. Wrothgar - The God of Rage and Anger @Beowulf - Reserved
  8. Naleerith - The Goddess of Greed and Want @EmperorsChosen - Reserved.
  9. Meerith - The Goddess of Lust and Desire @VerbalAbuse - Reserved
  10. Irthgar - The God of Sloth and Inactivity @Norahas - Reserved
  11. Orthgar - The God of Envy and Jealousy - Open
  12. Aelerith - The Goddess of Pride and Hubris @Random - Reserved.
13-15 Reserved by GM's.

I'm considering that good enough to go operational once yz returns. Something we were pondering was allowing those who wished it to take another spot, something I might do depending.

Last edited:
Okay the races have mostly been finalized on my end. If any of the Races from the Interest check interest you, or you would like to know basic facts/information on, please ask.

As I'm sure this one at least will come up;

Barring a sudden change the Vulcans/Demons mostly look human, as in yee old Monster girls or fighting game demons. Wings, horns, etc, but generally human like rather than horrid Eldritch Abominations.

@RedArmyShogun

I'd like to know more about the Jotun and Vampires
The Vampires I cannot say much on as YZ spoke little of them other than the following facts will likely be true.

1. They are the Youngest race, developing in "recent" times. IE 1700-700 years ago at least.
  2. They were originally humans, and lost a war against the human empire, fleeing to the dead continent as some call it.
  3. They have as of now, fairly poor relationships with everyone.
  4. Generally the amount of blood they need will be RPed out as reasonable. Don't want someone leaving a mountain of corpses.
  5. The Vampires are divided up into "estates" but answer to a council composed of the eldest Vampires and ruled over by whoever happens to be the oldest at the time. Though this system of rule is about as overseeing and controlling as feudalism.
  6. In terms of powers I would just suspect the normal unless Yz states otherwise.

The Jotun are possible to change in facts as my plan for them differs slightly from Yz, but the differing factor is slight enough not to matter, and he might like my changes.

1. The Jotun are an ancient race, though given stipulations that may be biologically influenced they are also the least aggressive and least adaptable.
  2. The Jotun are large beings, the smallest height among them is 8 feet tall, and the average at 15.
  3. The Jotun are the caretakers of what was left by the ancients and old gods.
  4. The Jotun for the most part cannot verbally communicate with the other races.
The following are points made by me that may be subject to change.

1. The smaller Jotun, who aren't as constrained by weight and size, are able to speak the other races tongue, normally the Jotun speak through a form of throat singing. These smaller Jotun are called "Messengers" and often spread the word of the temple. These beings mostly dress in thick clothing and hats, a bit like Mozgus, mostly as him, the likely appearance frighten most races.
  2. The Jotun race are care takers of the temples, something of the founders of the world's major religion and its peace keepers.
  3. The Jotun Largely focus on rebuilding the temples, and teaching new races of the gods, once they have reached a stable civilization tier. You could call them "gentle" giants and master builders, if not something of the religious center.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Reanimator Buns
Do any of the races have certain affinities to different things? Like, for example, would elves be generally more proficient when it comes to magic that involves nature or perhaps spirits?

Also, I'm definitely interested in the cultural aspect of Virians. Namely, their temperament and how they generally view other races.

Vampire's were in a war with Hunan's you say. Wow. That works almost a little too well for what I had in mind

Do any of the races have certain affinities to different things? Like, for example, would elves be generally more proficient when it comes to magic that involves nature or perhaps spirits?

Also, I'm definitely interested in the cultural aspect of Virians. Namely, their temperament and how they generally view other races.
I keep calling them the Vulcan's for some crazy reason.

Anyways, likely a mix of feudal Japan and Feudal Europe. Values and traditions very immensely. With Say Succubi being largely European, and Oni being Japanese. Mind you I'm drinking right now so the names might be incorrect.

As to relations, the Virians are politically aggressive. They conduct trade, cultural tourism, and offer "services" of sorts to the rich and powerful, as well as behaving in cloak and dagger behind the scenes were able. The only exception of this are the Elves who have over the years fought repeated wars against them. So relations there are very hostile. They have the most Varity of the civilizations. Think of them a bit as the European Union. Or a Eurasian one even.

And yes some of the races do have some aspects. For example the Orcs are likely the most magically weak race, while very durable, the Dwarves have no magic, but are stout, brave, and have araments 2nd to none. The Elves being in touch with nature likely wield powerful magics of that type. Spirits likely are more of the Sajin. Given the forest they inhabit.

Vampire's were in a war with Hunan's you say. Wow. That works almost a little too well for what I had in mind
Well in the War with the Orcs... (one of them) the Vampires were created as weapons after an experiment went wrong. Naturally over time they rebelled fighting the Imperial Army (humans) until they fled. Ironically they tend to obey the dictates of the Temple.

Of the races whom are the least likely to seriously follow the gods, that would be the Orcs and Goblins.

Well in the War with the Orcs... (one of them) the Vampires were created as weapons after an experiment went wrong. Naturally over time they rebelled fighting the Imperial Army (humans) until they fled. Ironically they tend to obey the dictates of the Temple
That might make things harder

Kind of a weird question, but can I have some information on Ancient Corinthus?

Kind of a weird question, but can I have some information on Ancient Corinthus?
Define Ancient; We talking early history of the three races, or even before them?

Very early civilisation. Think Isaiha's equivalent to ancient Egypt or even Mesopotamia.

In the case of all three civilizations, spread out, warring. In many ways like Earth's Early history. For various reasons Civilizations on this planet are the same age, if not slightly older than our own, but its technological level, given overreliance on magic, has left it in a Victorian-WW1 Era.

I can say the general history is like so,

The Goblins and Orcs come from a common ancestor. Given geographical problems the Orcs never spread out as much as they would be able to, and spent years fighting in what amounts to a Neolithic type civilization. They never really went past the Hunter Gathered mindset, until about 4000 years ago. Which will be explained.

The Goblins pretty much are like the Dwarves, but in reverse. The Dwarves just have their traditional obsession with mining and fighting. The Goblins, Mining and hiding, in fact the Goblins after the first three wars (to be covered in detail) supply both man and Orc with weapons so that they are ever perpetually locked in conflict. Funny enough the unknown invaders give them one hell of a bloody nose. Their culture developed along Clan Lines, a bit like, hmm lets say Central European or Mid-East Fiefdoms. Given the short lifespans of the Goblins, power changes among the clans quickly. And short of tinkering and commerce the Goblins mostly improve upon the technologies of others. Given their fearful nature from an early run in with the orcs, there history has remained largely unchanged even thousands of years later.

They are very shady and capitalistic.

Now the humans things get complicated, or maybe predictable. Humans are scattered all across the landmass, hunter gatherer tribes, primitive sailing capacity developed 8k years ago. As a result Humans or forgotten settlements can be found all over the globe. Humans are the most numerous and arguably adaptive/inventive race. Human history would have the first true Civilizations prop up in various areas from 6-5 thousand years prior. Think of the Han, Greeks, Egyptians, Maya, etc. So you had a few Wars here and there, with ultimately a Pan-European, Gothic meets East Asia, type society taking hold. Other cultures exists, but they don't have dominate power, or they became something else.

Four Thousand years ago Most human lands were united by a [BCOLOR=transparent]High King of Rughzenhild, Herald Rhegan. Which started what we call "The Empire." As of now for lack of a better word. Upon crowning himself as Emperor, this lead to the First War, or Morning War with the Orc's that would last for 45 years. The Church of Man becomes more than a monastery body and provides direct support as medics and commissars to the Human Army.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Throughout the so called Morning War, as the years passed, Emperor Rhegan's Son, Alfgar would be Emperor, his reign is mostly known for mediocrity and the rise of a figure that would haunt all of human history from that moment forward. The Empress "Rhegan the Bloodthirsty." Being a very unnatural woman, she pushed humanity ahead in the years after the war, producing many technologies that would be lost with time. Her Reign seen the Church turned from a small monk body, into a form of secret police and powerful Political/Judiciary body, that would steer the nation's course, past councils, Emperors, and Republics. In the Reign of the Empress most human lands on the mainland were forced into the Empire. The Empress remains a figure of national pride, and dread. Some elements of the church use the legend and her name for its Inquisitional units.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](The Empress is my character, you'll be seeing more on her soon enough.)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The Empress was eventually assassinated right before the outbreak of the 2nd Orc-Human War. In total as time went on an additional Six wars would be carried out, of which two would last over 100 years each, 110-150 years. Humans would also have a brief Skirmish war with the Goblins, internal conflicts, so-called "Unification Wars" with lost tribes. Primarily it is unified by the will/force of the Church, whom ultimately only answers to the Temple Code and the Bloodthristy Empress. And also a fear of the Orcs. The last war ended over 176 years ago, with the Orcs being rather, quiet. Humans were also, aside from the Elvish and some of the Demonic races, at the forefront of Magical Research, including creating the Vampires 1700 or so years ago.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent](To be additionally noted we are working on a timeline)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As to Why this is the Case, the Orcs developed along tribal lines, only uniting when a single chieftain who was big, strong and cunning enough, could unite them, often just for the purpose of a war. Think a Very barbaric culture. For centuries prior they often raided the humans (and everyone else) out of sport. But when the humans united. That set off a giant lightbulb in the Orcs. They actually had something worth fighting now, as big and as bad as they were.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]With each war and each loss, the Orcs learn, they've made social changes, welfare, city construction. In fact the Human Leaders who believe the Orcs are murderous beings hell bent on their annihilation, would likely fallout from shock if they knew, the main reason the Orcs keep coming back, in spite of fighting the Elves among others, is as the Humans put up the best fight.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Orc Civilization would honestly be quite happy to Join the Empire if conquered. At this point. And over the years dozens of Orcs, later hundreds and thousands, of Orcs have sought refugee in the temples, where they have taken up philosophy, artistry, other civic minded skills. Normally returnee's were punished by death. But for the last couple 100 years, the Orcs collectively are starting to ask questions, and seeing their wars might have been wrong.[/BCOLOR]

I hope this answers some questions.

Last edited:
It does. Looks like my character may well end up as an indirect ancestor or at least a predecessor to Rhegan.

Can I get a little bit of information on the history of the Virians? Particularly if there are any notable princesses/queens.

Can I get a little bit of information on the history of the Virians? Particularly if there are any notable princesses/queens.

Succubus, Krakens and Sumis, make up the three key races of the Virians.

Their are no majorly notable political leaders among the Virian, but all the same very able. Given the country operates in a form of isolation, with specialty goods and services traders, the Virian have a deft touch, but haven't left much of an impact on the outside world.

Overall the Succubus control the most political power. These are beings with great magical power, pointed ears, albeit smaller and more downwards, so as not to be mistaken for Elves. Among them are two subsects. One is those with Wings (rarely if never birdlike so much as bats) and tails. They are often more seen as Nobility. Then you have human like ones, minus the ears. In general red eyes are common among the demon races, but there are some oddities.

The Succubus generally are who conduct an aggressive diplomatic policy. And with the Elf invasions united the rest into a type of union. You could say the Virian are a bit like an alliance of City States, that's further fractured by various clans and families.

Next you have the Kraken, while a misleading name, they handle a Varity of jobs and could be seen as the Soldiers and workers of the Nation State. The Kraken tend to also have pointed ears, but are spread out among a subset of other races. Most commonly are the horned types, reminiscent of Oni or ogres. But more humanoid Monster Masamune style. Among them are variants of other demons, such as those with beast like characteristics.

Lastly are the Sumis, who are more or less living Slime or elemental beings, such as Golems. They tend to be lacking in inteelegence but preform the bulk of labor in more dangerous parts of the land. In general they are well treated by the other two races because of the utility they offer.

General history of the area is, in prehistoric times, unknown. The general consensus is they are humans, Sajin and Elves, who settled in the same region 8000-7000 years ago, and with the Volcano's influence on the local Io, became, what they are today, plus with some interbreeding among the three races. In general the history has been touch and go, on a harsh landscape and in a rather isolated area, you can assume there is divergent cultures, and more of forced solidarity based on realities on hand. Alternatively as its still up to debate they could be a Democracy.

As to Major historical Events. I would say its likely built around establishing the city, a few small wars, meeting the Elven, which lead to the Unification. The spur of trade treaties with the other races, being able to keep the Elves pinned down, and keeping the union together all of these years (4 thousand in fact), are major milestones. If you had in mind to make a character for this and wanted them to have a historical impact, just send the idea to me or/and yz.

Last edited:
I do believe my character will be a Virian Kraken.

It may be boring, but I found an awesome pair of unrelated images that mean I just have to go human.

A question about the Jotun.
What does the race as a whole look like physically? I get they're supposed to be like giants, but, are they like giant humanoids or do they vary in their appearance and look like something completely different?

Status
Not open for further replies.