Champions of Isaiha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yzmael

Original poster
So, hello, everyone, I'm Yzmael. I'm an RPer for quite a long time, but for some reason, I never really felt satisfied with the scope of the RPs I'm playing with. By that, I mean the power scope. The scope in which characters work with. Here on Iwaku, GMs tend to be kind of afraid of creating RPs where characters have incredibly OP powers for fear of the fact that everything would be ruined.

I, for the other side, believe OP is somewhat different from what most people see. Most people see a power that is... Too useful, and immediately think of it as Overpowered, I usually tend to see what else that power brings. If it's strong, it needs a just as strong setback.

Well, going into that discussion would take too much time so let me just skip to the chase:
I WANT AN RP WHERE THE CHARACTERS ARE IMMENSELY POWERFUL

And I mean Immensely powerful. Of course, by characters I mostly mean PCs. Because of that wish of mine to see an RP where characters are incredibly powerful, I came up with an idea for an RP that I thought would be interesting.

Long story short: a story about how Gods who are too bored, decide to test an entire planet's strength by pitting their best champions against beasts that are able to EAT PLANETS. These champions are you, by the way. To keep everything balanced and interesting, however, the Gods give these champions, most brought back from the afterlife, part of their powers to control. They order these champions to go to their people and unite all lands against the impending attack, as they will need a powerful army.

The plot is awfully simple, but I plan on having everything and I mean, EVERYTHING, be my original creation since I don't much like to use AU's for this purpose. I mean, even then, there are very few Universes I can use that manage this scope of power.

The setting would be a steampunkish planet with many races. The technology levels vary greatly race by race, but the most powerful would be late 19th century technology, created by the most advanced race. Other type of technology would involve Magitek, the combination of magic and technology.

To keep people from PVPing and such, there will be rules which will maintain the RP's focus as a PVE RP, which may also include pre-determined results for all PVP battles. Initially, PCs would be strong enough to level a city block with their most powerful abilities, but as the RP progresses, they might reach enough power to completely annihilate cities with ease.

A planet very similar to Earth, but with only three large continents and slightly smaller as well. The planet's biome is mostly terran, with the continent's locations changing this factor. It possesses an ecosystem very similar to Earth as well, but with much larger and more fierce creatures that serve as exemplary to all races.

So, what is unique to Isaiha? Well, some things.

To begin with, Isaiha possesses an element called "Io"(io) which is mostly used for magical processes, such as invoking creatures from another real, summoning powerful spells to aid in wars and combat, healing allies and such. Those who tap into Io can use it for almost anything, but there aren't many who are able to do that and those who are, usually keep it a secret. The usage of Io is frowned upon by some races, but for others, it is a vital force. Some found the use of Io as an energy source for technology.

Io is a odorless, colorless and cannot be seen through any way other than magical sensors. Usually, mages can also feel the amount of Io in the air, which makes them aware of their capabilities as mages since birth. The question is, where does Io come from? Primarily, it comes from the Fifteen Gods. These Gods are all revered by most civilizations, but their names and personalities vary greatly between races. What is known, however, is that they exist and that some of their shrines, built by an extremely ancient race, still cover Isaiha. These great shrines were once sought by some races in attempt to grant them graces, and they were granted as gifts to the races.

The three continents that litter Isaiha are Firas, Corinthus and Dakrai. Each one of them is unique and possesses their traits and Shrines. In total, there are 12 shrines across the continents(4 in each), with 3 of them being lost to the oceans.

Firas, the continent of Summer, is the one in the middlemost of the planet. It looks akin to a line with rough edges. It is divided among three races: The Elvish, the Sajins and the Vulcans. Firas is a mostly a green continent, with a biome filled with forests teeming with life.

To the west stands the Vulcan's city, Virian, a great volcano that is always in activity. Legends say Virian is the "head" of the continent of Firas, which is often compared to an eel. The Elvish live in the center-most area of the continent, with their huge capital, King's Garden, as the main setting for the entire continent. The Elvish live through trading and farming, mostly, with fishing being another minor activity. They trade with both Faeries and Vulcans and sometimes with Humans from cross continents. To the west-most side of the continent is a large volcano always active. It is home to the Vulcan's city, Hillas. It stands inside the volcano, formed around the walls of it's insides. Below Virian stands a vent that was once an active and flourishing volcano. To it's sides are large tubes that connect the water from below the volcano back into the walls which in turn makes it so that the lava condenses before it goes above it's normal levels. Additionally, deep inside the volcano are farms. Aside from that, they usually trade the extremely rare "Lava Berries" with other races for other food. The Sajins live to the East in the called "Magical Forests". They usually live by utilizing their magical properties and rarely do they interact with any other society. They tend to only trade and make deals with Elvish and are not very interested in the other races. Not very technologically advanced either, these creatures tend to live mostly in their own isolated forests, farming for their magical fruits and herbs and selling them mostly to the Elvish for ridiculously low prices. Their trade is usually made for slaves.

Firas is mostly seen trading with Corinthus, but they cut ties with Dakrai after their knowledge of the Vampires came to light. As a result, Firas lives in trade with the war-filled Corinthus, but rarely enters in contact with the races of the Forgotten Continent, Dakrai. Firas is called the "Summer Continent", usually seen as a paradise by those who live in Corinthus.

Corinthus is the largest continent among the three, it stands from the extreme North to almost touching the beginning of South's edge. The continent is varied, having three races being the most prominent: The Humans, the Orcs and the Goblins.

Dominating most of the south are extremely hot deserts, packets of high temperatures and usually very long threads of sand and oasis fill the surface. To the east and west-some areas there are some forests, but none too large or filled with life. To the west, the most surprising are large mountains that cover most of the area and serve as home to the Goblins and their trade caravans. Their city lies atop the mountain, called Tinky. It's usually very agitated and seeing business with both other races. To the southeast stands the Human capital: Knight's Home. A huge city with functional technology and a living, breathing economy. The city is bustling with activity and has the most prestige Magical Academy of all human cities. To the north of Knight's Home is King's Fort, a large Fort that serves as home to the King and as HQ for the Human Army. Heading further to the North one will see the desolated areas that the Orc's call Home: Heigen. A large, vicious-looking Fort that serves as HQ for the Orc Army and as an industrial site for the forging of military weapons. The Orc's city lies beyond and to the north in the cold area of Ivoras, a large snowy area in which the Orcs tend to rest. Other cities revolve around both capitals, but none are far too important to be worth mentioning. War has destroyed most of the Continent, with the central areas being filled with craters and abandoned villages on fire. The economy is mostly worked on trade between Orcs or Humans and the Goblins, with military weapons and technologies being the most traded objects.

Corinthus is usually called the "Steel Continent" a continent with equally harsh cold and hot weathers, but with some areas that extremely fertile, specially to the center of the continent, which is very contested between Orcs and Humans. As a result, the country is the biggest farming continent of the three and usually exports this food in trade with both Dakrai's Dwarves and Firas' races. They've been known to trade with the Vampires, but only limitedly.

Finally, Dakrai, the Forgotten Continent, is a frozen island to the extreme North of the planet. Not very large when compared to the two others, it has the form of a horseshoe. It is extremely cold and inhospitable, having very hazardous environment, specially due to the beasts that inhabit it and threaten the beings that live there. The three races that live in this continent are the Jotun, the Dwarves and the hated Vampires.

Near the Frozen Bay are large pieces of Tundra that seem to be darker than most forests. These are usually home to the most dangerous creatures of the island, including giant wolves, bears and other giant creatures. Among the bay is the large Blood Port, a giant city encrusted against a mountain that is part of the mountain chains of Dakrai. The city is completely beautiful, but is always covered in a mist that drives unwelcome people away from it, or traps them inside an everlasting loop as they travel through it. Shipwrecks are common near the city as well. It is the land of the Vampires, and the port serves mostly for trading with the humans for Blood or other blood-related items in exchange for gold or other rare minerals. The Vampires own a large assortment of slaves that do their work for them, including mining the ores from the mountain's deep core. However, further across these forests and on atop and on other side of these mountains are the Jotun, a proud race that lives as nomads who walk through the mountains and keep the Shrines safe. This race is the last of the Ancients, known to live for thousands of years and to be capable of easily fending off groups of Vampire Mages. They usually guard the Temples of the Gods with their own lives if necessary. Except if their enemies are the Dwarves. Deep in the center area of the mountains are large crossroads made out of stone. The Dwarves built them to last and they use it to trade and operate the city of Khadaras, a large underground city that burrows into the ground. Since Dwarves lack magic, they usually trade with Elvish or Vampires for magical items, no matter their source to use it on their machines. The result is an incredibly advanced race that tends to usually control the market with their absurd amount of gold and strength in combat.

Dakrai is a dark, unwelcoming continent, which is why it is known by many as the Forgotten Continent. The presence of the Vampires gives it a very bad reputation, but the riches of the Dwarves often bring them to deal with the Vampires in order to reach them. The relationships between the three races are tense, to say the least, but they usually are not at war due to their strong belief in the power of the Temples and the often pressuring presence of the Jotuns.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think and I might make a full glossary and RP out of this.​

You can count me in. I have plenty of viable char ideas that can fit this particular mindset.

Count me in as well.

So, are we still waiting on a few more people?

As an update on progress:

I've already began writing the OOC but it'll take time. Was nearly half done with it when a power-surge killed the PC and, for my luck, I have to start all over again. Bear with me guys, this'll take time and I need to brainstorm a lot for it.

Hope I'll be done with it in a week or so.

• Thank You
Reactions: R-9 Pilot
Thanks for the update. Real bummer about the surge killing your progress, though. I usually keep my notes for things on google docs these days, so they're independent of an individual machine, and also saved frequently enough that I wouldn't lose too much from a sudden and unexpected event.

If you need help brainstorming and can trust us potential players, I, for one ,would be happy to bounce ideas around.

I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, if no one minds! I've been starved of action as of late, and having action with absurd powers? Hell yes!

I already have a character in mind, although I'm not sure how well she'd work with a team. At least initially.

But while you're writing the OOC, would you mind giving us a bit of an idea what the various gods are? That way we can go ahead and call dibs and be able to think more about our characters, which could possibly get things chugging along quicker.

Reactions: Yzmael
I'd like to throw my hat into the ring, if no one minds! I've been starved of action as of late, and having action with absurd powers? Hell yes!

I already have a character in mind, although I'm not sure how well she'd work with a team. At least initially.

But while you're writing the OOC, would you mind giving us a bit of an idea what the various gods are? That way we can go ahead and call dibs and be able to think more about our characters, which could possibly get things chugging along quicker.
I guess that's just fair since I did mess up the OOC and it's gonna take at least another week to go on, lol.

1. Somni - The God of Sleep and Dreams
  2. Methos - The God of Justice and Revenge
  3. Yamakar - The Goddess of Lies and Deceit
  4. Nomikar - The Goddess of Fears and Hopes
  5. Hanakar - The Goddess of Balance and Equilibrium
  6. Alathos - The God of War and Victory
  7. Wrothgar - The God of Rage and Anger
  8. Naleerith - The Goddess of Greed and Want
  9. Meerith - The Goddess of Lust and Desire
  10. Irthgar - The God of Sloth and Inactivity
  11. Orthgar - The God of Envy and Jealousy
  12. Aelerith - The Goddess of Pride and Hubris
  13. As - The God of Time and Decayance
  14. Ora - The Goddess of Life and Existence
  15. Mor - The God of Death and Ends
The last three Gods are reserved and are the Major Gods. The others are open and can be reserved at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may jump for #2

I call Meerith

I'm not really sure how some of those portfolios would lead to earth-shaking power, but that may just be me. And it could always be more an issue of one is powerful because one is godly, and the specific domain of the god may not matter in all regards. It's also perhaps odd that while pain, suffering and all manner of typically negative thing (I think all seven deadly sins are represented), there's very little virtue or good on display among the pantheon, unless gods in charge of things like sloth or envy are far more nuanced than they first appear.

I'd say Dream and Balance seem most interesting, in that list.

DO WANT. I tried running something similar a while back but it always died because the setting was too huge and scared people off. So I'm totally down for this.

The last four open deities on that list are particularly up my street (alongside #5, actually), but I think I can handle any of these if pressed, so I'm not going to shotgun anyone.

Reactions: Yzmael
It's also perhaps odd that while pain, suffering and all manner of typically negative thing (I think all seven deadly sins are represented), there's very little virtue or good on display among the pantheon, unless gods in charge of things like sloth or envy are far more nuanced than they first appear.

I'd say Dream and Balance seem most interesting, in that list.
The Ancients weren't exactly good people... =P

And I wouldn't call Sloth evil... He probably just thinks people are going 'bout their lives too quickly, lol.

Upon debating it with myself a little, I will tentatively reserve #12, provided nobody else wants her.

Changed Alathos to a more befitting representation... God of War all over again...

Well, that's just a primary ideal, I might change them through the creation of the OOC. The only ones that really will be there are the ones based on the seven deadly sins, the three major ones and the first ones of the tree minor gods.

Alathos and Wrothgar seem right up my character's ally! Alathos, especially. I think I'm gonna reserve Alathos for now, although if someone else REALLY wants him and Wrothgar is available then I can totally settle for Wrothgar.

So, do each of the gods have specific powers associated with them? It's always seemed, to me, to be kind of difficult to make powers out of abstract concepts (although, of course, things like FMA and Re:Zero do them decent justice, so it's obviously not impossible). If so, I feel like Ora's champion should be granted the power to punch really hard and fast, because... reasons.

And if not, do we just make up powers for ourselves?

Reactions: Random and Yzmael
Alathos and Wrothgar seem right up my character's ally! Alathos, especially. I think I'm gonna reserve Alathos for now, although if someone else REALLY wants him and Wrothgar is available then I can totally settle for Wrothgar.

So, do each of the gods have specific powers associated with them? It's always seemed, to me, to be kind of difficult to make powers out of abstract concepts (although, of course, things like FMA and Re:Zero do them decent justice, so it's obviously not impossible). If so, I feel like Ora's champion should be granted the power to punch really hard and fast, because... reasons.

And if not, do we just make up powers for ourselves?
The Gods representation serves as ground for you guys to make your powers.

Me, for example, I'm making my character be a Necromancer since he's the champion of Death.

There's no need to get overly creative, but you guys will need to make the powers out of some abstract concepts, yes. For example, Alathos and Wrothgar have very similar concepts, but the difference between them is basically that War is not wrought out of rage or anger and also that War is strategic and cold. Alathos will be cold and he'll deal with things the way a Warlord would, whereas Wrothgar would be a steam train, pushing through enemies without a care in the world. In a sense, that's the difference. The good thing about abstract concepts is that it opens up roads for you guys to create any type of character you want from the concept.

A support character from War, a berserker from balance, that kind of thing. The powers can pretty much be anything, but you'll have to follow the theme of the God that chose you. =P

Then maybe the power of clairvoyance might be good for Alathos' champion? Being able to scope out everything in one's surroundings beyond what one could sense directly - kind of like the Byakugan from Naruto, without a blindspot - and the ability to predict things in the near future. A warlord needs to have a good idea of what's happening on the battlefield as well as be able to make predictions. How's that sound?

Of course, on top of that, Kaitlyn - my character - would be an excellent fighter in close quarters, and would be at least familiar with the bow. She'd use swords, clubs, axes, maybe even her fists if she needs to. A warlord also needs to be a competent warrior, although she was a good fighter before she died initially.

Also, this whole "dead heroes coming back to life to fight a new threat" thing kind of reminds me of Destiny.

For various reasons I won't be able to take part in this, best of luck with it.

Well looks like I'll be in likely given another rp I was in died.

Status
Not open for further replies.