Champions of Isaiha | OOC and Sign-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty impressive. We've surpassed ten pages of OOC and the IC thread isn't even up yet.

It happens. At work, almost finished with my CS. Reworking historic feat and then history is left.

I'm working on my spells currently. Then just gotta get the history written down.

Ok I've been distracted enough away from my laptop. When I get home I will finish my CS tonight, no exceptions. 3 1/2 hours to go from when I send this.

Come to think of it, is there a deadline in place here? A lot of people still aren't done.

Well, Im considering not doing my second character. It's a little more work than I have time for right now.

I would like to set a time limit myself, but I'm the only staff member done :/ As to my 2nd, I'm waiting to hear back on a few things before I attempt finishing/starting. Plus looking at two different archetypes. All I can say is, if made she is one of the few with not military connections of that sort.

Yz will be away for 1-3 days depending, as his PC GPU fan stopped working, needs to get that fixed, please us that time to finish up your bio's if you like. Might work on my 2nd.

WIP

ed089a91a60b1fcbedd0a36454ed71eb.jpg

Name:
Odo Terric
Nickname: The Plague Doctor, Damien Qrow

Period:
1600 - 1300 years prior to modern day.
Historic Feats:
The legendary doctor thought capable of curing any illnesses, eradicating all plagues, and ceasing any curses or disabilities. The Plague Doctor wandered across the continent, aiding those who required it, performing miracles across the human empire and even among some nonhumans, earning a reputation across the continent of Corinthus. His feats instilled faith in those with diresome conditions, proving that there was hope for them yet, one way or the other. If nothing else, he was one of the few humans to be gifted with an affinity to magic, and to master his capabilities without the information escaping to the Inquisition, Templars or forces of the Church, at least not until he outwardly revealed it shortly before his death.
Death:
Passed at the age of 50

"You wish to know the tale of my death? ...Very well… I remember it quite clearly… It was supposed to be another day of work, until my assistant came to me in a rush. Panicked, she told me that on her trip into town, she came to a situation where she was forced to use her magic in public… I recall that she attempted to explain why or make some sort of excuse, but I wasn't interested. Rather, with how fiery she could be, I knew eventually she would lose her composure in the eye of the public, likely at the defense of another. Naively, I sought to steer her against such hero-like instincts, but I suppose that trait bore itself too deep within her genes for me to rid her of it…

Regardless, I cut her off, told her to get her things. To leave. She froze a moment, tried to argue… Probably thought I was dismissing her out of disappointment; she was always driven more by emotion than logic. It made things difficult at times, but with a few harsh words, it was rather simple to send her away. Though emotional, she was no fool. She probably figured out my intentions once she calmed down. By that time, however, she was likely out of the city, the city was in anarchy and I had a foot in the grave.

You may question why I chose to save her over myself, or why I did not attempt to protect us both… I would be lying were I to say that I held no care for her. But the decision held logical consideration as well. Honestly, I was not trying to sacrifice myself, but simply by the lass time to escape before taking my leave as well. It was my failure to predict that they would sick a squad of their mage slaves on me. I got cocky. They landed a lethal shot and… Well, at that point, all I could do was make them work for it. Still, she was younger than me, more powerful than I was at her age. More heart too. If either of us were to make it out of there alive, certainly she was a better choice than an apathetic old man."

Weapon: Odo is sufficient with small blades, typically surgical knives and the like. There came times when some would like to cause trouble with his business and since magical ability was usually not an option, he learned other ways to punish vagrants. Plus, as a doctor, he knows exactly where to hit someone to make it hurt…
Armor: Cloth and leather. With the people he'd meet in his lifetime, he would need to defend himself. But then again, it wasn't as if he had any need to charge into battle.
Equipment: A series of herbs and vials. Necessary equipment of an apothecary and an assortment of surgical tools.

Abilities:
  • Adept Magus: Odo managed to master his magical capabilities to an extreme extent for one not drafted by the church. His mastery over his magic is the source of his "miracles".
  • Well-educated: Odo is well-versed in a great many subjects, specifically those pertaining to sciences and medicinal. It's clear he's paid careful attention on anatomy. After all, his knowledge of the body allows him to really hit his enemies where it hurts the most. He as well has a natural affinity to speech, which he has used a great many times; making someone angry, calming someone down, or even manipulating them to do some of your dirty work for you can be done easily depending on how you say what you say.
  • Heightened Physical Abilities: A given from his resurrection. One should not mistake his specialities though. While far more powerful than mere mortals after death. He won't be winning any arm-wrestling contests with other, more direct combat-focused legends.
Inabilities:
  • Emotional: While most would not consider it between his outward disposition and character, and the fact that he always finds some kind of rational reasoning for his actions, but Odo is typically more emotionally-driven than thought-driven. Though he justifies his sacrifice for his apprentice as she was younger and held more talent than he, it is likely he would have made the sacrifice regardless. Simply put, he has a way of leaping first, then looking and finding a good reason for him having leapt in the first place.
  • Sadistic and Apathetic: While emotional and unmoving towards those he has grown attached to, the same cannot be said for all. Odo was no saint in life, acquiring much of his anatomical knowledge by dissecting the scum that would trouble him, as well as test all manners of potions and brews on them. Put simply, once you're on the doctor's bad side, it's hard to get off of it. Not only that, but if you slight him directly or someone he cares for, he's most likely gunning for you, whatever the current circumstances are. And when he catches you, whatever he does won't be quick.
  • Supportive Role: Odo isn't a tank. Stronger now after death, yes. However were he to go toe to toe with other superpowered beings, he would have to rely on his anatomical knowledge of where is best to hit the target and his agility to make quick, precise strikes before backing off. After all, he isn't a knight, or warrior, or soldier. He holds no professional training, with a weapon or otherwise.
God:
Somni, The God of Sleep and Dreams
Class:
Support/Healer
God Energy:

God Energy is the energy given to the Champions by the Gods themselves. This is an OOC systems, but PC's may notice that they now possess God Energy to be freely used. However, the use of God Energy has to be accurate, as it recovers extremely slowly and it is vital to keep the powers given to a Champion.

God Energy naturally grants their users super-human status, but using God Energy dwindles these powers. A low enough amount of God Energy may cause a Champion to be slowed, weaker, less resistant, with slower reflexes and weaker Io spells. Additionally, the excessive use of God Energy, beyond the 0 mark will cause the Champion to faint or maybe even die depending on the spell used.

Each God has their own unique, special Energy that can be recognized by Champions or maybe even Mages.

God Spells:
Consuming:

Io Affinity: The elements to which your character is attuned with. Io is extremely sensitive to it's surroundings, and it changes drastically depending even on people's emotions. Because of this, the presence of the Champions and their attunement to the world may cause modification in it, resembling somewhat of an aura. This affinity creates a field of energy equal in element to the Champion's attunement. Some Champions may be so connected to Io that they can literally make it take physical form around them.

The use of Io is nearly limitless, but it does not alter reality, space or time due to it's intrinsic connection to living beings. Even then, the only ones capable of altering reality and space are the three Major Gods, whose very existence is based around these natural elements.

The available elements will vary greatly, so all characters may choose two different affinities and explain what the reactions of Io are to the Champion's affinity.

This affinity may not even be magical at all, as in the case of the Dwarfs, who instead can use nature's energy to generate outworldly strength and resilience. Io Affinity can vary greatly and because of that, some people use the Io around them to further their strengths and cover their weaknesses. It is a good option for wielders of this type of Io so that they do not lose their godlike strength and resilience after using a God Spell.

*Elemental Spells: Unlike God Energy, Io is a natural element of Isaiha and it's uses are limited to much smaller scales when compared to the God Spells, but their use is invaluable in combat. Io recovers much faster than God Energy, and can be used multiple times while in combat.

Elemental Spells use the modified Io around a mage/champion to draw forth powerful attacks based on it. These attacks are usually energy-based, but other types of spells may include self-buffing.

Appearance:
sample_8bde1f396fdccb5f8aec7b2aa27043f0.jpg

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 153 lbs

Personality: At first glance a gentlemanly individual
A mixed bag. On one hand, he helped a great many of people with his miracles, gave many who had lost hope it back and more.
History:
The origin of the Plague Doctor is a peculiar one. Stories during his reported era began to spread at around some 1500 years ago, stories of a man clad in black with the face of a crow appearing in provinces, cities and towns at his whim. The crow, contrary to his ill-omened appearance, would come, cure any and all illnesses or troubles of those he came across. It seemed uninterested in monetary gain, blessing those with his "miracles" and taking whatever compensation the receiver could offer, whether it be herbs, food, a blade, money or even just a word of thanks and promise to return the favor if ever they could. Then, it would vanish, appearing at the next province the crow chose to grace its presence with.

None knew its name, nor its face, nor if it were even Human. Some believed it was just a good-natured soul with extraordinary medical abilities. Others saw it as some sort of messiah gifted by the Gods to those who deserved salvation from mortal disasters. Some even saw it as some sort of immortal in and of itself. Many to the modern day still do.

However, before he became the entity known as the Plague Doctor, there was the boy known as Odo Terric, child of a simple blacksmith in a medium-sized city. Odo's mother was always more of the, "I'll believe it when I see it," sort. Obviously, she wasn't too big on religious beliefs, but nonetheless would actively attend church activities, dragging the boy as well. She may not have cared much for faith, but she knew what the Church was, and the best way to avoid trouble was to blend into the crowd.

Odo began at a young age educating himself to one day fill in his mother's shoes, not necessarily out of a want for the job, but because he figured "Why not?" He lacked motivation and ambition, quickly taking to his mother's lessons of going with the flow and staying under the radar. Ambition—it drew attention. He didn't want that. Naive as he was, he trusted his mother's word that the Church was no good. He'd rather have a quiet, bored life than it get disrupted by politics. Besides, there was the matter of the war with the Orcs. Still, somewhere, he wished for some kind of alteration—some kind of excitement. Then again, you know the saying; be careful what you wish for.

As young Odo reached his preteens, things around him began to change, or more specifically, the people did. As time went on the people he commonly interacted with began to grow ill, not physically, but mentally. Hallicinations, anxiety, paranoia, irrational fear—those around him were seemingly growing insane, his mother included.

Typically, such a matter wouldn't be of interest to the Church, but large amounts of people all acquiring symptoms of mental illnesses at around the same time? It wasn't normal. In some ways, the Church never really changed. In the older days, the Church would claim such a thing the work of a witch and hunt the abomination down. Even at the time this was happening, the Church held the same mental process, save that instead of wanting to kill the mage, they sought to capture and indoctrinate it.

It did not take long for the Church to track down the source of it, and as the Church tended to do, it first attempted to directly gain Odo's mother's approval in requisitioning him. Needless to say, it did not go over very well. His mother wouldn't have agreed to such a thing were she not so mentally troubled, but at least with her mind clear she would have perhaps tried to leave town with her child rather than blowing up at the Inquisitors. They seemingly "accepted" her declination and opted for a simpler option as they saw it; elimination of the mother and capture of the boy.

Odo was drafted into the Church and received most of his training there. Unfortunately, when they thought they had indoctrinated him, the now adolescent Odo was playing to his mother's strategy of "blending in". Acting went a long way, if you were good at it, anyway. And all those years of pretending to be zealous as the rest of the psychopaths certainly helped. Once properly trained, Odo started a riot—Well, technically, a guard started a riot. In hindsight, teaching a mage that was gifted with illusionary magic and treating him like the rest of the enslaved husks was a poor choice. All Odo had to do was let them all fight amongst themselves and walk out. At this point, Odo could make a group of people as insane as his mother was by the time of her death in a short amount of time.

Once he was out, Odo went into hiding. That was all he had been taught; avoid trouble, blend in, live quietly. But he pondered—Just what the hell had that way of life got him? There was no avoiding trouble, no blending in, no quiet, serene life. He believed there was, and now what did he have? Nothing. He had nothing but new power. No family, no friends. Absolutely nothing…

But then, maybe that was the problem. Hiding? Trying to hide in plain sight didn't do a damn thing for him. There was no blending in for a mage. So, if there was no way to blend in, then perhaps, he thought, ambition was worth a try. But what could he do? All his abilities were good for was for driving people to madness and beyond—or were they?

His thoughts drifted back to his friends and family. What if he could do the opposite of what he, in his ignorance of his abilities, did to all them? If he wished to use that to help people, he'd need to grow further; more powerful, more knowledgeable.

Scouring for what books and tomes he could. Odo spent his late adolescent years until his mid-twenties in recluse, training his mind. Along with medical, scientific and psychological knowledge that would allow him to aid people even without his powers, most important of all he learned that a mortal's mind governed much more than what one might think. Disabilities, illnesses, plagues—by manipulating an inflected mind, he could theoretically cure all of it. Disabilities, he could repair the part of the mind that was too damaged, hence causing the disability. Sickness and plague, it was a matter of making the brain more accurate in how it attacked the infection. As a second resort, he could infect a patient with his own magic poison, which would behave much like a targeted virus and attack any infection. Even if it the issue was completely incurable, at the very least, he would be capable of making the victim feel and behave healthy and normal.

Filled with new knowledge and purpose, Odo ventured out to test his theories, as well as how his ambitions would hold out against the world. Donning apparel that resembled a crow, the universal sign of ill omens and pestilence, the Plague Doctor would appear at the source of an epidemic, much as a crow would. The epidemic would be eliminated at an unnatural rate. Occasionally, the Church or Inquisition would close in on his trail, but at the point he was, Odo was just as much capable of sending an entire city into anarchy as he was capable of curing it of disease. Eventually, civilians began to cover for the Plague Doctor whenever the Inquisition came around. It didn't matter if he was immortal, a prophet, human or whatever. The fact of the matter was, whenever he appeared, good things happened—and just the same, whenever someone trifled with him, whatever good deeds he performed were once again replaced with suffering.

Cults rose worshipping the crow, though the only ones to survive to the modern day were smart enough to not make themselves public. All others were crushed rather quickly by the Church. Then again, Odo cared not for any of that.

Years went on and tales of the Plague Doctor grew across the continent, but as time passed Odo grew—bored. Boring, all of it. At the point of his thirties, he would simply waltz around, do one of his "miracles" as people took to seeing his work as, then vanish and repeat. Soon, the Plague Doctor began to grace provinces with his "miracles" more and more sparsely until finally, he vanished for good.

Thus the story began for Damien Qrow, a simple city apothecary. It was a return to the quiet life for Odo, and somehow, he missed it, dull as it was. He kept his magic use to a minimum, and behaved as a simple, tax paying citizen. Though once again, it seemed life hated the serenity.

One day, he was visited by a rather peculiar patient. A young, amber-eyed girl with raven-colored hair, perhaps in her early teenage years, accompanied by her mother. The mother he had seen a few times here and there, and according to her, there was no one else to go to. Apparently, her little girl had begun exhibiting magus-like symptoms, early ones anyway and was pleading for a way to rid her of the innate powers. Despite Odo's insistence that there was no simple way for him to rid her of her magical ability, the mother pleaded more, then explained further. It was sad to listen to, even for him. The girl apparently discovered her abilities publicly, and her speciality wasn't something more subtle like his own—No, she made a spark and caught a building on fire.

Shaking his head, there was nothing he could do now. In the past, he might have readily jumped to turn the entire city upside down to buy them time to escape the city's reaches, but now—he turned his back on them. Said he could only give them the advice to leave now. Even that advice held a half success rate, the Church was quick-footed when it came to magi.

Teary-eyed and panicked, the mother took her daughter and ran. He had practically sentenced the mother to death and the daughter to slavery, but those types of things—playing the hero or God, that just wasn't his job anymore. But, he wouldn't so easily get rid of the young mage.

Returning to his home after a trip to the market, he found the handle to his door scorched and the young girl hiding inside. This was troublesome—If she was without her mother, he knew full-well what had happened. Still, why come here, of all places? Surprisingly enough, the girl said she felt safer with him—felt like they were the same, somehow. Her sensory abilities weren't bad for a newly-awakened. Her running to hide in his home wouldn't stop the Inquisitors from paying him a visit, however.

Honestly, Odo wasn't sure what possessed him to cover for the girl. Perhaps he was curious if taking on an apprentice might be the solution to his boredom. Regardless, she wasn't staying in his home for free. He'd train and teach her, and in exchange for her assistance, she would be allowed to stay there and fed. She appeared fine with the arrangement. Peculiarly, Odo would find a certain enjoyment in teaching, and raising the girl, if not irritation much of the time, but somehow he was satisfied with that too.

Years more passed, the girl had grown into a beautiful woman, and a powerful one too. Much stronger than he was at her age. She was a natural, if not a bit hot-headed… and then… the incident occurred. The girl known as Lucielle Qrow would escape the massacre of Alkarth… and Odo Terric would not.

Now all we need is an epic engineer and we'll become bloody XCOM, lol

Btw, guys, the problem with my PC escalated a bit to some BIOS problems, I'll have to stay out for about 3 to 5 more days without being able to write.

I'm still checking it up and keeping myself posted from work, but I can't write the IC nor finish my character from here, so please bear with me and use this period of time to finish your characters 'cause when I'm back, I'll start doing the IC.

Now all we need is an epic engineer and we'll become bloody XCOM, lol

Btw, guys, the problem with my PC escalated a bit to some BIOS problems, I'll have to stay out for about 3 to 5 more days without being able to write.

I'm still checking it up and keeping myself posted from work, but I can't write the IC nor finish my character from here, so please bear with me and use this period of time to finish your characters 'cause when I'm back, I'll start doing the IC.
I'm sure a few people are still working on their characters, me included I've begun a rewrite for him to predate the academies. Too many holes in his history have been pointed out.

Not making my 2nd character, not "feeling it" really.

I was hoping, YZ could be "bothered" to do this himself. But for various reasons, including the scope and some personal issues of one sort or another, this RP is being indefinably postponed. So anyone still waiting on it, you are free to move on.

I know I plan to. Sorry if this has wasted anyone's time.

• Thank You
Reactions: Random
Thanks for letting me know. Saving Akkath's CS.

Yz, if you manage to get back on to read this, you can do it!

Someone give me a shout when this reappears, okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.