1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
3e89f1d2932862cb388cc85aa20e4bec.png

CHARACTER THREAD | IC THREAD
League of Legends-- a massive multiplayer online game that thousands of people spend their free time playing. These summoners, or so the players are called, spend many hours trying to defeat each other using their favorite champions on the battlefield called Summoner's Rift.

After playing a couple of games with your friends as you blatantly complained about the "broken" champions or blaming the jungler for not helping enough, you tell your friends that you were going to hit the hay. You bid farewell and promise to play with them again tomorrow. You wanted to get enough Blue Essence to buy the new champion that was coming out later that week, after all. You turn off the computer, brush your teeth, and tuck yourself into bed.

That night would probably be the worst night of your life. Ridden with a deep, burning fever, you spend almost the whole night sweltering beneath your sheets. For a while, you wrestle with the fact that this "flu
" might kill you. But before you are able to call the hospital, you are able to fall into a brisk, light sleep. Come morning, your torso feels like it's been disconnected from your limbs, and your head aches like someone had kicked it a thousand times over. You go through your day nevertheless; you go to school or work, struggling to keep up with the pace of society.

Little did you know was that you weren't yourself. An unnatural phenomenon has occurred, and those who play League of Legends have been the powers of the champion that they main, or play the most. Some may find out sooner than others and some may not find out until it's too late. The point is, your lives will never be the same again...

1515dff9c9676c10d23cfec04c96eedf.png

This isn't the story of being stuck in your favorite online game like you've seen in anime-- it's moreso the fact that your favorite online game is stuck in the real world. With your new-found powers, you choose whether to become a recluse in fear of being found out or you go out and begin to make a name for yourself. Maybe you just choose to ignore them and struggle to hide them. Whatever the case, you slowly begin to realize that something is after you. Is it the government that wants to experiment on you? Is it another of your kind? Nobody knows. What you do know, however, is that you're knee-deep in the most complicated problem of your life.
c4fbb8d4c3ac7cc8b428272f87107f66.png

The story takes place in a setting called Darkwell City. It's located on America's west coast, somewhere near the border of California and Oregon. Whether Darkwell is a large town or small city is unknown. There's a university that students can go to, along with a variety of stores, theaters, and restaurants. The town square is where most of these small and large businesses can be found. As one travels to the west, they are met with beaches and piers. All in all, Darkwell is a simplistic enough place that is lucky enough to be shown on the map. Most of the people that live there have either been there their whole lives or have traveled there for a more simplistic way of living.
b5c0f1f5e5d1072bd1f76ebcd152be23.png

As we know, there are various forms of "energy" in the world of League of Legends-- some don't use this so called "energy" at all. Whether it is something called mana or flow, they are the basis of using abilities in the game. These so called "energies" do not exist in the real world; they are replaced by something called prana. Prana makes up the life-force of these people who have the powers of their main champions. It draws on their very being as they cast spells or switch between their regular forms and "true forms", as they are called. If a person does not have enough prana, they are not able to use their abilities and are reverted back into their regular forms. One may die if they have extremely low enough amounts of prana.

It's not like a gifted person is going to walk around the city with extra pairs of appendages or with a ghostly air around them. This is where
true forms come into play. With a sufficient amount of prana, a gifted person may choose to transform into a form that appears (somewhat) more like the champion they commonly play. This includes abilities to shift into beasts (like Nidalee and Shyvana and Aurelion Sol), make clones of themselves (like Leblanc and Zed), and control other creatures (like Elise and her spiders). True forms do not impact traits like size or weight, so you don't have to worry about your character suddenly becoming short like a yordle or extremely heavy-weight like Gragas.

Powers used in the character's regular form has only a fraction of the strength of the powers used in their true form. Sometimes, it is even impossible to use powers in regular forms. For example, most ultimate abilities cannot be used except if a person goes into their true form.

All in all, a person that's been afflicted with these powers has a handful of things to worry about. Due to their powers, a person's personality has changed-- only slightly, of course. They might be a little more on edge, or the people they used to interact with might be a little bit more difficult to speak to. A more prominent example of such tendencies is if two individuals with such powers met. If one had Morgana's abilities, and the other had Kayle's, it's likely they won't get along. The same goes with two individuals that have Shen's and Zed's powers, respectively. It's as if the champion's personality and/or very being has slightly integrated with theirs. While this is not exactly an issue, the problems come into play when one suffers from "bleeding".

Bleeding is when a person is subjected to a champion's personality or psyche; it's as if the person has gone berserk. The individual may attack their allies or even themselves, though it is at this time when their powers are at their very strongest. Bleeding happens when a person undergoes great stress or emotion, typically during combat, or a large lack of experience with using powers. However, bleeding not only drains the rest of a person's prana, but also damages their own psyche. Too much bleeding is known to drive people to insanity or other mental illnesses. People with powers of certain champions are more subject to bleeding than others.

3681b67be6a5421fbaed775d4ebe1ec0.png

Zed
Nami
Aphelios
Ezreal
Evelyn
Sett
Katarina
Lee Sin
Lux
Kai'Sa
Soraka

0385f8f74c517636cef1268ac669186c.png
  • Please note that this is a 18+, high-casual/semi-advanced, anime-styled roleplay. While I don't expect novels for posts, I would like for you to please take your time creating your characters and writing your posts. We all make mistakes, and that's fine, but if your post gives me a headache to read, then that'll be an issue. Also keep in mind that the roleplay is anime-styled, so there won't be any real life face claims. Sorry.
  • Do not ghost us. If you need to step away from the RP, please let me know.
  • There will be a Discord for this roleplay that will be used for silly talk, OOC chatter, and so forth. I want my roleplayers to be actively talking about the roleplay and other things. If you do not say anything in the thread for a week and have not posted in the IC thread, I will assume you dropped/ghosted.
  • Everyone will be accepted, but please take your time in plotting/crafting out your characters. The factors that tie into being accepted are consistent posting, proper grammar/spelling, the type of character you make, and so forth.
  • I will listen to people's suggestions and ideas for plot development and etc. However, my final decision is law.
  • Please read the OOC. There is a ton of information that is already set in stone.
  • I don't want you guys to constantly pump out posts. Thus, we will be running on a semi-cyclic posting schedule. This means you should try to wait for a couple of people to post first before typing another post. If the person we're waiting for doesn't post in a couple of days or so, then we will move on.
  • Characters are to be in their very late teens to mid twenties. In other words, we'll be rping as college age students. It'd be nice if the characters knew each other somehow, whether they be co-workers, classmates, or simply live in the same apartment complex.
  • Try to keep characters balanced! This means that if there's four girls and only one dude, then you should probably make a dude. If you really want, you can make a boy and girl character. Just give them equal amounts of love!
  • Fill out all portions of the character sheet, please. Also, please follow the format of the character sheet.
  • I am a fun-loving person. I love it when we talk about things and make fun of characters, create ships, theories, and relationships. Don't hesitate to reach out to me for anything you need!
  • Have fun~
ea1bf2e5b09cf001e04a9bdbc10a165a.png

blank-profile-picture-973460_640.png

CHARACTER QUOTE HERE

Name: [First and last.]
Occupation: [Do they have any jobs? Are they a student? Or a lazy bum?]
Champion: [The main champion they play; keep it to one.]
Abilities: [List all of the powers your character has. You can be creative with the champion's kit, but keep true to the original!]
Appearance: [Here, you can add any other appearance details about your character.]
Personality:
Short Bio:
Summary: [A one sentence summary of your character.]
Relationships: [What other characters does your character know, and what do they think of them?]
Other:

Last edited:
Reactions: a touch of dread
I assume we can't call characters but when I get home from work, the Champion I will be basing off of is Ezreal.

You can call characters! I'll be taking Zed and Nami.

I'm taking Evelynn and-- undecided on the second, but was considering Sett. That'd mean I'm playing two dudes though, so to avoid a sausage fest might switch him out if needed.

You can do whatevs. I trust yall so do what makes you happy

Reactions: Rouge Rogue
I'd like to take Katarina, if that's alright :)

Reactions: Marlowe
Oooo a Katarina! That'll be our second mid laner. Nice!

Also, if there's any of your friends that you think would like to be part of this, please have them along!

Lee Singer

Alrighty, list of taken champs should be updated correctly!

Hey Lumi (and anyone else who wants to pipe in cuz I'm a sucker for feedback), how short/long-ish are you looking for the Short Bio to be? I'm editing/trimming my guy's bio now (I can change him into a girl if needed for balance, it'd be easy, but I digress), and wanted to get an idea how much to kinda shorten or how much to keep as is.

Two to three paragraphs are fine!

Also, if you want, you can turn him into a girl. We already got something of a sausage fest going on (I think my Nami is the only girl so far) so if you want to make it a bit more balanced that's fine!

Time to perform some genderbending magic ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Last edited:
Okay, so here goes nothing! :'D Please let me know if something doesn't work, or if anything comes off wrong/off-putting, etc.

(I have the guy pic on the CS rn, but I have a potential fem pic in the CS Notes down below! I am a bit too biased so I wanted to see if you guys think that pic works for what's in the CS!)

edit 2: It be fixed! And I updated the pic :)
edit: I made a small edit on my phone and broke the formatting :') I'm no longer home so I can't fix it till tonight, I'm so sorry!

44fce5b41525e8c6f4f559e759a661ab.jpg

"I like the night, there's something about it..."

Name: Vonelle 'El' West
Occupation: Unlike her sister, El refused to jump into college right after high school, picking up a job as a busboy to fund herself as her parents were less than happy with her choice. Having worked at Redacted for so long, she ended up unofficially picking up bartending tips and tricks, at times even helping the bartenders who'd long since become her friends. While not exactly legal, and so she'd never admit to it, it is the reason that once she turned twenty-one, she near immediately got a bartender position.
Champion: Katarina. She found the knife-wielding redhead, as well as other Noxian champions, like Darius, to have such over-the-top edgy lines that, to El, it was plain funny. She had the same reaction to Xayah when she came out, but her lines were quite a bit wordier. Even though she started in bot lane, and can play a Marksman in a pinch, her first and only love is Katarina, and she learned everything she could about midlane and Kat just so she could play her exclusively.

Voracious – Danger is always near, and enemies can pop up anywhere, one must always be ready. El can sense the knives around her in a certain proximity (about the size of a regular house). Yep, the kitchen went from the food-prep room into the armory overnight.

As well as sensing knives, El now has an idea of how to wield them to some degree of efficiency.

Thrown Blade – El can throw knives with a degree of accuracy that shouldn't be possible for her inexperienced self. She can unleash a blade towards a target in a straightforward manner, or use objects around her to bounce the blade and allow the weapon to approach the target at a different angle.

Sinister Blade – If El is equipped with a knife, she can twirl in a flash, slashing enemy targets in proximity. The same is true if she blinks to a blade and retrieves it in her hand, she can immediately spin to slash a foe.

Shunpo – El can blink to knives as well as to other affected targets (i.e. those who've gained the power of their main champion). Blinking to a knife, for whatever reason, feels much easier and much less taxing. El is able to Shunpo sooner after the last if she teleports to a knife rather than an affected target.

Blade Lotus – The blades in El's proximity blink to her, and then viciously propel forward in a circle. If they are on a collision course towards allies or neutrals, they cease their momentum and drop rather than embedd themselves.
Appearance: El stands at 5'11", though she grew up most of her years short as could be until sophomore year, when she finally got her growth spurt, but she didn't stand at her current height until her senior year of high school. She has naturally dark-brown hair, which got she bleached and colored a bright red since she was eighteen. She has two piercings on her left earlobe, and one on her right. She wears two rings on her right hand, on her pinky and wedding fingers, and three on her left hand, on her middle finger, index finger, and thumb. They are stainless steel and are mostly similar in look and width, but each sports its own type of engraving. She has light skin that easily burns, and looks paler than it should as her job and hobbies keep her mostly indoors or travering around at night. She has deep, chocolate-brown eyes. She has a lean, semi-muscular frame due to not really keeping physically active anymore.
Personality: El is a soft kid, and her long, shiny hair, big brown eyes, and plain but sweet look used to reflect that. Due to her new look, many of her new friends, or too-drunk customers, will comment, and justifiably so, on how they totally thought she was scary at first glance. She’s not in the least, she's rather a sensitive, empathetic sort, has been since she was a kid. And, unfortunate in this day and age, but she's very much a romantic. She's been in love with the same guy since she was sixteen. Still, El knows how to have fun and not take herself too seriously, she's over that broody, bad-poetry junior year of high-school phase, and never wants to go back there. When she's overwhelmed by heavy emotions, she forces herself to get out and have fun, maybe having one-too-many, kissing strangers, singing off-key at karaoke with a large group of new-found friends– sometimes she just needs to do whatever it takes to get out of her head.
Short Bio: El was always a sensitive, empathetic kid. But due to her love of sports, her friends were mostly guys growing up. Being from a progressive suburb, no-one teased her for it, and she never thought it was weird. Well, until she confessed her feelings for her childhood friend, Celial, in her junior year of high school. He laughed, thinking it was a joke, “Wait, you’re not gay?” and though she insisted, he just had questions like, “But you talked about girls with us!” El never got an answer, and didn’t want to ask again. Despite everything, he was a good, kind person and she still liked him. In fact, that he could be so open and real with her was something she liked, even though it’d burned her this time.

She knew she didn’t want to go to college, but her parents threatened to withdraw all financial help unless she did. El almost caved, but her sister– the opposite to her in near every way, fearless, fierce, and a trailblazer– yelled at them and promised to help her after they refused to budge. Still, she couldn’t find a job and was on the verge of feeling hopeless when Celial told her about his cousin who worked at a bar and nightclub, Redacted, in Darkwell City where he himself was going to go to college. Out of options, and with Celial insisting, she took up the offer. She honestly wanted a fresh start.

Before she left, she drastically changed her looks. She wasn’t one to go on a whim, that was more of her sister’s style, and she herself wasn’t really sure why she did it. But it worked for her, and she fit right in with the others who worked at Redacted. Within a year, and with her sister’s help, she was able to get a place of her own. Because she kept insisting that she wanted to pay her sister, Van, back somehow, Van finally told El to play League of Legends with her. That was how she was introduced to the crazy, chaotic world that was Summoner’s Rift, and eventually, to her favorite champion of all time, Katarina.

Summary: El is a sweet kid whose sharp looks do her no justice, she spends nights bartending at Redacted and trying to deny that she still pines for her childhood friend Celial.
Relationships: [TBU - Let me know if you want El and your char to know each other, we can brainstorm something out!]
Other: [TBU]
1. I tweaked the ability names just a bit since I kinda tweaked what they do in comparison to Katarina's original kit. Fun tidbit, I used some inspiration from Kat's old kit!

2. El's bio deals with assumptions and touches a bit about assuming someone is gay. Since this is something that can be touchy and real, if this makes anyone uncomfortable, I'd happily change it as this is a place I come to have fun and don't want to take that away from anyone. Just tell me!

3. I was thinking of going with this image, do you think it matches her description? Edit: It's now updated! If you're curious what guy El looks like:
b95746d7f6ed3a02c4f9e9537886f522.jpg
4. Let me know if you prefer the singular or shorter answer to some of the categories, I know I got a bit excited and wanted to explain everything, haha! So, I can totally change that if it's overwhelming/too much.

Last edited:
I love your sheet omg! I also think that that picture of the girl is really great and fits her well. Love her overall and think she'll be an awesome edition.

If time goes on and you want to make a second charrie, you're more than welcome. Other than that she seems fine!

Might as well put my interest in. Since the Creator of the Thread DM'd me via Discord. Just have to look through the list of the Champions, since I literally have no interest in actually playing League since its toxic as sin. It makes Mafias look tame. XD

But I enjoyed reading the information on top of everything. Aka, the Story, Plot, Setting, Prana and True Form. The Age Group of 18 - 25 years old is much better than starting younger.

Kal, love your profile too and the Bunny on your signature is cute. :)

If I may, may I take Kai'sa?