Celestial Avians

Orestes closed his eyes and gritted his teeth as though he was hit hard and slightly lowered his fists. "Look you two. This is not a senseless fight. I didnt just insult him and he start swinging. There is purpose to this. He agreed to enter into this fight. And short of a ref its regulation club style. So dont go waltzing into shit you dont understand. Especially you cupcake." He turned to look at the girl saying this last bit. "Bah! the moments ruined thanks." he dropped his fits. "But you, Cael! We'll do this again privately huh? You promise me that! As for you two, Im Orestes. I just came here from Mycenae...and you cant tell from here but those two over there whispering sweet nothings to their 'silver' ears well I dont know what their names are but the girl is something else. Got a wicked tongue on her though."

"I want fury! I want rage little asian boy! Confucius say hungry crane eats snake! NOW HIT ME!"

Caelestinus's expression didn't change. With a calm, distant look in his eyes, he ducked under Orestes defense. He jabbed the heel of his palm against the boy's jaw. Then he shot his leg out catching below Orestes' knees, and knocking him to the ground. Twisting around to the boy's back, he held him still. "Not too long, I hope?" he said quietly. In a flash, he realized that he had only been able to take Orestes down because the other boy had stopped fighting. Color crept up his cheeks.

He looked up at the girl, glancing down in shame just as quickly. "I am sorry. I will do all I can to refrain from such actions in the future."

"Contrary to your belief, most fights are indeed senseless. What's the point of hitting someone? It just shows your true ignorance. A stinging insult or no response at all is a much better retaliation than senseless brutality." Dwiirok snarled, leaning forward, as if daring Orestes to hit her. "But I can't imagine an uncultured boy would understand anything about morality, manners, or ethics." Usually, the girl referred to males as boys and females as girls, but in this instance, she meant the word as an insult.
Quickly, she turned and dipped her head to the other boy, Caelestinus, then returned her attentions to Orestes.

Oh, of course, if it was an arranged fight it automatically becomes sensible, he thought dryly. He certainly hadn't been planning on meeting other people like this. Still, one way was as good as another, and if his read on Orestes had been accurate the first time, it didn't really matter if he introduced himself properly before interrupting a fight, or interrupted a fight after introducing himself. "Aiden, from New York City," he offered, nodding first to the hothead and then to the calm boy. To the girl beside him, he gave a smile. "Do you ask to fight people often, Orestes?"

[ooc: careful geekout to not control other's characters that much in the future as well. ;/ ]

"Eyyyy!!! Sucker punching a guy like that!" He said partially laughing choking on the ground. "Nice!" Then after a second he had slipped out and repositioned himself, grabbing Cael between the ring and pinky finger and twisting it. "You really should know when to quit my friend. Its fine that you hit me when I dropped my guard. But the fight was over." He let go of Cael and dusted his hands. "You know something, there is something about the birds at this place that is seriously under my skin. You aint the first dame to think Im a crass a hole and tell me to my face. But you're way outa bounds. You dont know!" He adjusted his collar and sleeves to make sure his tatoo was hidden. "Not fer nothin or anything. I showed you some respect. I ended the fight. And to be fair I never threw a single punch at cael and how do you respond...you insult me. Now answer me this, if I were the kinda meat head you think I am how would I react huh? How should I act?"

He waited a minute and then looked at Aiden, still a little hot under the collar. "No, I dont. I had a purpose in mind. Wanted to see how tough this kid was. Thought he and I could be pals. Maybe I was right and maybe wrong. Only time can tell a thing like that huh?"

It took a lot of willpower for Dwiirok to refrain from punching Orestes in the jaw. "Hold your tongue and keep your head in front of a lady. The laws of chivalry aren't dead yet." She growled. "By the way, my name's Dwiirok." The girl said, suddenly calm, to the others around her. "I think I'll keep the gory details to myself for now; I might share them later when there aren't undesirables around." With one final deadly glare at Orestes, Dwiirok turned and stalked off across the parking lot, stuffing her hands around her waist with her arms crossed.

"Huh, the nerve on that dame to tell me about chivalry. It was invented by women to spread christianity. Pff. Where's her god to help her now? Ill tell you where. He's dead. If he ever existed. And the fact that she should think that I would hold my tongue...makes my blood boil. So Cael, what uh, what kinda stuff ya like?" He took out a comb and began to brush his hair back to its intended neatness.

Aiden watched her go, sighing internally. So much conflict at the beginning of a semester didn't bode well. And while he wasn't generally a mediator of any sort, it appeared he was the only one willing to do any damage control. "Friendship born of conflict," he noted thoughtfully. "I've never heard of it outside of those novels you read in Literature, but that seems pretty reasonable." He gave Orestes a wry smile, tilting his head very slightly in the direction Dwiirok had taken. "It doesn't seem to be a good idea so far to do it in Dwiirok's presence, though."

"She was too sensitive I think. She'd be a loyal entourage." he said half joking. "Modest looking I think. But not all together unattractive. Am I right?" he said smiling.
[ooc: sorry for the shortness. starbucks is closing early.]

Leaning her elbow up against the box of the truck, her chin neatly tucked into the palm of her hand; ginger fingers tapping against the apple of her cheek while she watched from afar the poor sportsmen show. </SPAN>

She hadn’t ignored Rimm in the least rather after hearing the water head of a loud mouth pompous scum bag shouting at Rimm and calling her a bird again, she kept a weary eye on him. She felt bad for the guy who seemed to suddenly get pulled into the greaser’s whims but when the fighting began, it looked like one who had been suckered in, handled himself very well. Watching the greaser hit the dirt, oh she was daring to hoot and call at the other male for knocking him around but with the arrival of the other two, she didn’t.
</SPAN>

Rather she stood there watching, listening, tossing a few looks to Rimm as her lungs inflated with the slow breath of light amusement. With how animated it all became, she would have had to been a dunce not to clue in that the girl had started tearing into the idiot who seemed to think he was running this campus. Again she stifled the urge to bellow out and cheer for the girl.
</SPAN>

“Oh he deserves to eat dirt,” she muttered to herself before her gaze lifted to see the fellow female come walking across the parking lot. Turning a momentarily eye to Rimm, Sen leaned inwards to the box of her truck; “Ya’ll alright?” she dared to ask gently to the newest girl coming into the scene of the crime. Arms crossed over the railing of the truck box as she smirked sweetly, “Should’ve slugged him ya know, would have been interesting to see his cocky rear getting right beat by a girl.” She meant it nicely before she exhaled lightly. Oh that dude was going to be one of the biggest pains in the rear than most should be in an entire lifetime.
</SPAN>

Raonaid watched Dwiirok leave. She bit her lip at the awkwardness she felt, just standing there. Finally she adjusted the strap of her book bag and wandered out into the hall to get a feel for the place. Doors lined the elegant hallway. She wondered how many of the rooms were already taken. She stopped near one to examine the painting beside it. A snake wrestled with a long-legged bird beneath a starlit night sky.

~~~~~

The flush slowly cooled from his skin, Caelestinus was finally able to regain his composure. He turned to Orestes. "I sincerely apologize for my behavior. If you still wish to be 'pals', I would be honored."

Rimm had ignored Orestes once again, but that didn't mean crude and gory thoughts about knocking him out were not racing through his mind. Teeth gritting slowly he watched the brawl take place not five feet away and sympathy went out to the Asian boy. He had to give the boy props though, if Orestes had shouted fighting words like that out to him he would have turned into a miraculous ball of rage.

He quickly shoved his hands into his front pockets to restrain himself from going over there and showing the grease ball what he deserved. Saying not a word he just watched and listened, once the othe two students came out a small grin played at his lips. Rocking back on his heels he almost doubled over in laughter as the girl gave him her own two cents. In Rimm's own opinion, Orestes didn't do a good job of showing his point. Bringing his attention back to Sen he was aware she was watching as well, and he had plenty more questions to ask, but right now would not be the best time. Especially if Orestes had seen the silver ink that branded them both.

Once the newer girl had began to walk past them he watched Orestes for a moment, his eyes darkening slightly. As Sen turned to talk to the girl he turned as well and began to lean against the beat up truck, still silent.

Ignoring those around her to keep the last shreds of fury from biting at them, Dwiirok continued walking until she came to a bench, a safe forty feet away from the others. She dusted it off with her hand and plopped down. She pulled her console from her pocket and flipped it open, concentrating her anger on killing monsters with the power of Djinn and Psynergy, and more importantly, where the hell the Konpa Ruins were.
"I may be a dove, but I am not as cowardly as one." She snarled to herself.

Glancing to that of Dwiirok, to Rimm then back towards Greaser boy and the Asian; Sen could only twist her lips off to the side before she exhaled heavily, flopped her arms forward while she couldn't fathom any of this.

Being brushed off by Dwiirok, she assumed that the girl either hadn't heard her or was ignoring her. Looking down over herself to pull her tank from under the jacket studying it carefully, she decided that perhaps she didn't offend somehow. She seemed to be good at doing that without really trying and when she was trying it did the opposite effect.

Rather she cupped her hand up to her face stroking it over the jaw line before exhaling heavily, allowing both hands to tuck up into her jeans. Though her gaze rifled back to that of Orestes and Cael, wondering somehow if the lad had been suckered into something terrible, though she didn't doubt it. If her skin could crawl, it would with the mere thought of Orestes. Letting the blue irises move over to the newest addition to the little mock squabbling group, it seemed that the other male that had been with the female trying to break it up, was hadn't been a tag along with Dwiirok, rather was here for the show like many of them now.

Biting on her bottom lip, Sen hummed somewhat allowing her gaze to run over the men afar, along the asphalt and towards the bench of the girl who appeared to be in a mood though she couldn't blame her either.

"Not bad," he agreed, glancing back at Dwiirok. "Have you done much exploring yet? I've only just got here. Haven't even seen my roommate yet."

"Hmm.." Rimm pushed himself off of the truck and took a small stretch before bending down and picking up his bag. He thought he had conversed enough today so it was time to find his room and unpack. Running a hand through his hair he noticed Sen was in deep thought over the newer students. So he headed towards the school without a wave or goodbye, what would be of him if he interrupted her thoughts? He wasn't going to find out that was for sure.

He entered into the school and bypassed the elderly lady at her desk and heading straight up the stairs. As he walked down the hallway he had to maneuver around people, since there seemed to be so many attending the school at this exact minute. Opening his duffel bag and taking out the sheet of paper which told him of his dorm number he gazed up and down the hall in search of it.

After about ten minutes the Raven finally came across his room. As he opened the door and looked around he noticed two beds each having a constellation overhead. Having studied the latin constellations once he noticed his tattoo, he could easily name the ones upon the ceiling. He slugged his bag onto the bed in which belonged to him then opened it up and spilled its contents over the silky sheets. Rummaging through his clothes he began to fold them up nice and throw them into the trunk at the foot of his bed along with the empty duffel bag. He patted his gauntlet to make sure it was still sitting idly on his wrist, then flopped onto the bed with a heavy sigh. Looking up at the Raven or Crow constellation Corvus he smiled slightly to himself; he was always awfully proud of the bird in silver ink that nested upon his shoulder blade. He glanced at the other constellation, Grus the Crane, and hoped it didn't belong to the grease ball Orestes. "He seems like a jaculus actually..." Rimm muttered, jaculus which meant snake in latin or so he hoped that was what it meant and how you were supposed to say it, that guy just didn't seem right.

Orestes smiled a little now, showing his white teeth at Cael. "Oh, you and I are fine. You did pretty good out there, though if I might add..." He thought for a moment wondering about the two girls and the kid who frequently ignored him. "Your attacks were a bit repetitive. Mix it up and try to catch your opponent off guard next time. Anyway, Im going to get some food. If ya wanna join me I'd wouldnt mind. We can talk about stuff, get ta know each other better, ya know?"

Caelestinus smiled back, relieved. He didn't say that his attacks were only repetitive because he was trying to show Orestes what he wanted to see without hurting him. He also didn't point out that, to his shame, he did catch his opponent off-guard. He simply said, "Yes, I would be pleased to join you. I believe the cafeteria is not far from here."

The movement from her side view managed to gain her attention as she only turned her gaze to watch Rimm disband way without a word, again only causing her to look over herself. Okay maybe she did offend!

Scuffing up the back of her hair against her neck, she let out a haughty laugh light to her lips starting to really think about sticking around this place or not. Wasn't like she had unpacked or nothing all up in her room. Wouldn't be difficult to say toodles to this place, go back out to the farm close to Great Falls and pretend none of this happened.

Seemed like everyone was going back inside which only had her wrinkle her nose.

Putting her foot to the tire inside the wheel well of her beastly truck, she hopped up into the box of the truck plopping herself on the toolbox that sat disorderly in the back watching the school and its everlasting looming presence. "Should bail now while I can." she muttered to herself honestly considering it with great need.

"Lead the way." he said putting away his comb and taking another toothpick out. "I've been meaning to get a look at this place. So what are you in for? I mean, why are you here at this school?"