Celestial Avians

If smoke was possible to come streaming out of someones ears, it might have been hers with how frustrated she was getting with Cameron. There was snobby and then there was just plain ol' nasty who easily should be sitting outside in the garbage due to the foul nature of their entire being.

Fist's clenched at her side as she bit down on her bottom lip to draw blood this time around, it wasn't worth it. Wasn't worth it!

Suffering with the vile words that whirled around inside, her body moved loosely with the others towards the future torture den of Cameron and Tash, though her gaze was drawn upwards to look at the similar and yet unfamiliar painting on their ceiling.

Crossing her arms under her bosom, she jutted her hip out to stand lazily in the room - no way was she about to get comfortable here. One may never know what sort of traps Cameron already set out before the arrival of Tash.
Though her attention was careful to watch Shai' as it appeared she took control of the situation after the way Cameron ushered on the conversation. She was a prude that much was for certain and one she wanted to knock off her high horse, especially into a big mud puddle... with her holding her face in it!

As it went on, her focus finally left the ill ideas from perhaps murdering or at least maiming the snob to consider Shai' carefully. But with how she just came out saying where the location of her tattoo was and speaking easily about it, she was almost concerned. Wasn't she not suppose to say anything under her fathers instructions... or was she just being overly annoyed? Either way, she never uttered a word to it.

By the end of it she started to laugh cynically; "Shai'," she touched her own finger tips together, leaning forward as if she was about to reveal the most important secret of life; "Honey, sweetness, darling, I would rather be caught buck ass naked in the middle of winter with the rotting core of a moose on me with a ring of grizzly bears, than that help the snow white troll." she was grinning terribly as fingers folded until it was only her index fingers pointing, "But I'll help you and Tash cause I am curious but I'm not going to be nice to it." she sneered this time before opening her hand in a be gone motion, "Now if I recall correctly with how grand this morning has been, I'd specifically put aside my date with stabbing myself in the eye with a rusty spoon, can't keep that waiting now!"

Putting her finger to the bottom of her eye, she pulled it down as she stuck out her tongue immaturely at Cameron, in her way to say goodbye before she outright walked right back out of the room.

Cussing the entire way, trudging down the hall many more than a few of the fellow school girls move out of her way unless they wanted to be a part of the paint on the walls.

"Her bird symbol must be the vulture cause no one can be that nasty naturally!" she spat off to the side speaking to herself.

"If you don't keep your belongings on your side of the room, I'm going to fetch the duct tape. First offense, I make the line visible. Second offense, I tape you to something. My older sister never shoved off to college when she graduated and I was stuck with her for seventeen years before she finally got married and moved out. She was horribly dirty; I remember finding used tampons and bloody thongs on my side of the room, and let me tell you, that was extremely unpleasant. I assume you won't be as disgusting as she was, but I still like my space."

Raonaid blinked at her new room mate's speech. It was nothing new. Foster kids weren't all that welcome in too many places to count. With a small sigh, she moved to her trunk to start unpacking. Her dark hair fell in a curtain, disguising the expression of hurt that flitted across her face. She set her book bag aside to undo the latches on the beaten up trunk. Her clothes all fit in one dresser drawer.

Beneath the clothes were books. Most of them were a bit torn up, garage sale finds or library discards. These she arranged in the bottom drawer. Later, she'd sort them by the decimal system. Her hands paused for a moment on the cover of a collection of myths. Then that too was placed in the drawer, beside a book on astronomy.

Once she had emptied her trunk, Raonaid tucked it in the corner. She picked up her book bag again and slung it over her shoulder. Fixing a smile on, she turned to her room mate lying sprawled on her bed. "I'm Raonaid Morrigan, and I'm very neat." She didn't offer a nickname. Folks would adapt her name how they saw fit regardless of what she said. Tilting her head she asked, "So what's your name?"

Hoping beyond all hope that what she said would sway the others to see this investigation thing a bit differently, Shai only realized that her words did no good in changing things around. Sen started to laugh cynically after she was done.

"Shai',
Honey, sweetness, darling, I would rather be caught buck ass naked in the middle of winter with the rotting core of a moose on me with a ring of grizzly bears, than that help the snow white troll," she pointed at Cameron for emphasis."But I'll help you and Tash cause I am curious but I'm not going to be nice to it."

The heat down Shai's back and the vibrations from her bracelets rose the more Sen retorted, and all she could do was grind her teeth against it.

"Now, if I recall correctly, with how grand this morning has been, I'd specifically put aside my date with stabbing myself in the eye with a rusty spoon, can't keep that waiting now!"

And with that, Sen left the room. Shai was left without a word to say edge wise. But, she knew...she needed to do more than just stand there with her tale between her legs. Looking up to Cameron, who had a majorly cold expression on her face, Shai only nodded her head, "I'm sorry about all of this..."

"No," Cameron shook her head at Shai'. "You shouldn't apologize for the way that person is acting." She was still processing what the Korean had said about her own tattoo and the ability that came with it. Sen's immaturity can wait. There was still a slight apprehension about revealing her crane in her mind but a part of her contradicted, they all have the birds. There's no reason not to trust them.

She stood up and closed the bedroom door which Sen had left open. People outside might still overhear them. "It is pointless to hide from your abilities," she nodded at Shai' while going back to her place on her bed. "I take back what I said earlier; I do have a tattoo. But powerful people are chasing after me, and I still believe it best to keep myself hidden. I will not tell you which bird I have, but you'll have my word that I do have one and I hold it with high regard, as well as others with the same brands on their bodies. I am an ally of Tash...and you, too, Shai', if you let me see your tattoo in person."

Cameron had spoken with steady conviction. She had taken a huge risk by telling them what little she had revealed. "I'd like to help you find the others but you guys will have to understand that I can't give you anymore information about myself than what I've already have," she added. Take it or leave it.

Shai nodded, seeing that the only way she can help Sen learn more about her tattoo was to be the liaison between the two sets of roommates. She had to learn what they didn't know about all of this - the best way she could. There was something else that set her nerves off... It was faint, but the more she thought about the reason why she was at that particular school, the more she felt uncomfortable.

"I - I don't mind...showing you guys, since you also have tattoos. I don't fear you, but this school..." she looked nervously above their beds at the murals over them. "How did they know? That's what scares me more and more now..."

Shai stood up slowly, "I've never met another person with a similar tattoo before, but...my father always kept me locked away; I've never left my home in South Korea...and it was because of my tattoo..."

She turned around and carefully lifted her shirt slightly from the back. Only the top of the bird's head could be seen, and the irritation around it due to the burning, blushed her skin. It would be obviously to the others that the need for their cooperation would be a major relief for her. After a while, when she felt she'd passed their inspection, Shai dropped her shirt and sat back down.

"I understand perfectly about not revealing a lot about yourself, Cameron, but is there anything you, or you Tasha, know about these tattoos that we can learn about?" Her sincere eyes turned desperate as she paused. "I've been kept in the dark about a lot of things, and feared learning anything about this. But, I feel there's a reason why my father sent me here after being kept away from the world all this time. There's a reason why we're all here - at this school, and I'm not comfortable with that at all. It...hurts too much to not understand what's going on..."

Geneva sat all alone in the train car as it clacked down the road towards her new home town. She had been used to being thought as a child for literally ages. As an ageless wonder she was used to the staring and the questioning about her little birth mark. She had to explain things with lies. But the hardest thing was getting by, day to day. Fortunately-thought some-the state interveined in her affairs-interupting her studies- and sent her to this new place. A place where she could be watched until she had "grown up."

Idiots. She would forever be in this young body. What right did they have meddling? The announcer made the call that they were arriving, and the ticket man approached. "Do you have an adult to accompany you to the shelter?"
Geneva looked up. "No, mister."
"That's too bad. Would you like me to take you there?"
"If you think it's best." The man took her hand, and her bags and led herto her new home while he mindlessly chatted about his little girl and how happy he was to see her. Then suddenly this was it. A tall appartment where it seemed folks were sheltered away by the state. A prison for special cases. So Geneva thought. She went into the hall with her bags.

"I understand...cameron...." was all she heard through the thick doors. But hardly could bother with other's affairs. SHe was happy nobody bothered her till this point in time. Nobody inspected her bags of things not meant for "a girl of her age." But why was she so tired? Why did her head hurt? Why did her neck kill her all the sudden. A cacaphony of thoughts and noises filled her head with a dull pounding. Millenia of wisdom resurfaced...her past with her 'father.' Every single thing. She couldn't take it. Tears welled up in her eyes. She cried, whimpering at first. And when it didnt stop she screamed to drown out the noises in her mind. She screamed loud. She screamed curses...words no girl "of her age" should ever say. And then things were quiet again. She felt embarrassed, though for the moment she was quite alone. Had anyone heard her scream? She looked around unsure.

Wielding back her foot with a mighty thrust, she punted the pop can that had been left by some lazy body who didn't think that putting it in the recycle cans put around the building would be all that useful, right across the grand spectrum of the open field.

Having made her way outside of the school all the while more and more students began to flood into the doors of every building on the compound, it had been difficult to get out against the flow of it all. She had no desire to stay cooped up inside especially with the percolating grand irritation that foamed and frothed in her stomach at Cameron and the very idea of helping out that witch.

Granted she was curious to know if there were more beings that had the silver ink etched across their skin in the steady flow of lines, but she was hardly excited to be belittled, looked down upon from the curve of one's nose and deemed to be worthless all with a look and a sneer. Too many times she dealt with people like that and that usually lead to
misfortunate
events that she was trying to avoid again.

Hearing the clatter of the can returning to the earth with the help of the gravity, hands jolted up to tussle around the blond tendrils of hair all the while she stifled the scream that she wanted to unleash. No sense in startling everyone around the school with her manic behaviour. Rather she settled for a grumble, a curse and a furry of unsettling thoughts until she plopped herself down on one of the numerous benches that littered throughout the compound, lifting her chin to bask momentarily in the cleansing feel of the warm Montana wind.

Fingertips danced over the torn holes of her acid wash jeans, against her knees allowing the gleaming jewels of irises to peer and search along the heads of fellow students. Apprehension flitted along her skin to the very idea that suddenly others with the markings have appeared with nothing more than a breath of spring. She had never taken much care to think about the marking on her skin, her ma always told her not to question the inner mystery of the lord above but that did little to ease her own everlasting wonderment.

Spaying her hand across the side of her ribs, lips pursed into a tight line so many questions, fears and humours tumbling around in the mess of a mind. Eventually lips parted to release the scoff of it all, 'To hell with it all,' hands clapped down to her knees, 'I can do this myself, who says I need to waste my time with the rest looking for others.' she mulled silently through her mind, nodding sternly as if she had agreed to something as simple as what was for dinner.

Hands closed like a book, 'I'll find others by myself then, I don't need their help and I don't need Cameron's perfect sneer looking down at me.' Pushing herself up from her seat, Svenja raked her nails through the cusp of her crown allowing the steely gaze of blue eyes to settle back to the school. She thought of maybe going back inside but with that many people, she paused. 'I'll just wait out here until it all lets up...' there was no way she was in a hurry to be brushing elbows and shoulders with various strangers.

Stroking her fingers over her face, heels turned right around as she jaunted down towards the parking lot to her rustic truck figuring she might as well amuse herself and she knew that she still had the soccer ball in the cab of the truck. Might as well keep the bored mind and body active until she was able to go back inside.

Rimm pulled up into the parking lot and stopped his 2012 HONDA Rebel smack dab in a parking spot near a beat up looking truck. He took the key out of the ignition and kicked the stand down to the black pavement. As his leg swung over and exited off the bike he leisurely tied his beige bow tie that had been wildly blowing against his plain blue flannel throughout the trip here. The black bike helmet was another step in getting ready for his trip into the new school, since walking in there with it on would only make him look like a dumbass. His black duffel bag gently bounced against his back as he set the helmet on the leather seat and his body turned towards the large school.

Montana, the last place he would have thought to come for a little normality, but nonetheless he was here and sort of excited to start his journey. His dark black jeans and vans soaked up the Montana sun and the adolescent found himself wishing he had worn something different, but back to his thoughts... Although his demeanor and personality gave Rimm the bad boy disrespectful lad type of vibe, which was most definitely true, he always found himself smiling at the little things. And even if he should be a little skeptical about the acceptance letter that was addressed to him right after he decided to search for a school to enroll in, he wasn't really. He was quite happy to be here although his smile was gone and only a twinkle was left in his ice blue eyes. "You know.. I could go for some chips right about now!" He mostly said to himself as he began to walk towards a girl, intending to walk around her of course since she was coming from the school. Suddenly, the blood thirsty Raven in silver ink, that nested hungrily upon his left shoulder, sprang to life burning his skin. Rimm winced awkwardly at the intense heat. His semi excited mind ignored it though and he continued onwards.

Rocking her neck back tossing the ball off her head with some grace, hands fumbled momentarily to catch it feeling acutely bored with the whole scene. The initial annoyance had subsided now and she was starting to recall why she hated the school scene so much. It was nothing but droll overzealous waiting that seemed to be constructed into schedules and class hadn't even started yet.

Long hair waved in direct opposite unison of the rest of her, as she bounced the ball against the ground using it more like a basketball rather than the soccer ball it was.

Ears heard the patter of the repetitive of a humming engine giving way to what she could tell was a bike, though she didn't look over her shoulder. Why should she, so many students were arriving there were going to be some that arrived in more style than she had of course.

Fingers caught the ball again when she slightly hummed to the sound of someone chattering to themselves - this time gaining a curious look to peer across her shoulders though she blinked rapidly to the rather strange sight. Twisting her lips, she side stepped out of the direct line of path of the one of the newest arrivals, letting the ball drop to her feet as she worked it with her steps until she was a standing off towards the side of the entrance way - well one of them- rubbing her bottom lip over the top, she shrugged and returned her hum drum attention back to the less amusing activity away from the dude that came up as she figured he was the one who had been riding the bike. With how he looked, he absolutely reeked in a sense that he'd be one to ride like that.

Suddenly someone pulled in front of Rimm and the girl with the ball in a convertable, exhaust billowing out of the tail pipe menacingly. The convertable pulled back and parallel parked. Then Orestes stepped out. He was tall, physically fit and thin. At the time he was dressed in a leather jacket and jeans with his hair combed back. He twisted his neck and looked around in pure badassery as if he owned the school. Then he noticed Rimm and the girl. "What? You never saw a convertable before girlie? And you! What's your name kid?" He took out a toothpick from his pocket and leaned against his car waiting for them to stop gawking.

Rubbing a finger to her temple as she was smirking sideways to the ludicrous scene that had just played out, she gave him a short snort. "Please don't flatter yourself, I've seen better in the junk yard." Eyes rolled slowly to the newest student arriving.

'Oh another one, fantastic. Someone else living off daddy's money while living under the complex of it all.'She thought as she stuck her tongue out to touch the bottom lip in a disgusted manner, she adjusted her shirt turning her back to the scene, returning her attention to the ball at her feet, scooping it up on a toe to launch it upwards to bounce it momentarily to her brow before it came back down to balance it there for the time. This school was getting weirder every second.

"Typical bird!" he said with a little irritation. "Shows how stupid you are. My father was murdered three years ago." He then looked back to Rimm. "Well? You coming over this way or not? I got a question for you." He sighed and took out a comb and began to brush out his hair.
"And you bird, what crawled up your butt? I step outa my car and the first thing you say to me is that trash? Where I come from that's get you killed." He stopped brushing his hair and then pulled up one cuff around his wrist.

Waving her hands before herself in a grand spectacle of little care, she pulled her eyelid down to reveal the red at the bottom as she stuck out her tongue at him. The hell she cared about him or whatever he was spouting off. Though she caught him calling her a bird, she decided to assume that was something aimed at calling her a stupid girl in a way that was old fashioned. "Igit." she thought.

Orestes looked at her for a moment. This girl was something else. He began to laugh at her gestures. "You're all right bird. You're tough if not a bit ignorant. I like that." He turned away from her and looked at the guy. But as he hadnt responded at all desided maybe he was better left alone. Then he looked back at the girl. "What's your name bird?"

Letting her mouth open in a long draw of a breath, she blew it right back making her bangs shuffle and fluff with the hot air expanding out. Bending to pick up the ball, she tucked it under her arm as she rocked back on her heels allowing the seeping boredom to etch into her skin.

What was up with her, he was the one who came pulling up like a bat outta hell and started talking trash. She only gave it back in a way she seen fit!

Turning her face to look at him through her peripheral allowing the blue gem that was her gaze to narrow into a furrow of brows and annoyance at him. Yes she could be tough and she didn't give two tiny rats... well she didn't care that she was ignorant. She lived how she wanted, spoke how she liked and if others didn't like it, well... they could suck her big toe.

Rubbing her index and thumb together, she wrinkled her nose at him before she turned right around and grinned sweetly all the suddenly; "My name?" she continued to grin while her hand lifted a finger to make a humming sound.

Eyes flashed irritation, hands clenched into fists as she leaned forward; "How about none of your damn business!" she snorted at him, "Like I'd waste my time amusing you," Flicking back the long hair that slipped over her shoulder, she shook her head, rolled her eyes yet again deciding that she had all the fun she was going to have here.

Tapping the toe of her shoe to the ground, she tossed a bit of a glance to the one who had arrived before Mr. Suave, as she began to walk back to the parking lot to tuck back the ball in the cab of her truck. "And I came back to school for what?" she muttered under her breath, blatantly ignoring the crude male that arrived.

He watched the girl intently as she flipped his invitation back in his face. THen he smiled slyly. Yeah, she would be a good one to get. She was tough like him and didnt give a rats ass. If he were back at home she could've been a queen. But he wasnt at home anymore. And he had a mission. THings back home would not go right until that mission was fulfilled. Still, he thought, what a fine a$$ she had. Maybe he would go after her after all, but in time.

"Nice talkin to ya bird!" He shouted after her.

Snapping her fingers as she walked away from him, she was tempted to flip him off, which she had stopped herself from doing... at first then just gave into the action as her way of waving good bye. Though she had heard him calling her a bird again Sen knew she was going to hate being called that. She knew that in the old years that men used to call the ladies birds but that had a second meaning for her, which dared the question in her head. Was he one of them.

Reaming open the passenger side door of the truck to throw the ball in violently, she watched it slam around before rolling around at her pedals. There was no way that slimeball in man's flesh was like her or any of them. He was just some sort of pompous ass that she could instantly tell had the world bend over for him, so it could take it.

She stuck out her tongue with a huff of hair making it vibrate for a moment. This place was suddenly becoming very full of those who were blessed with privilege and wealth all around them. Those were the idiots she despised most and the very thought of it curdling her blood. Slamming the door with a force that it shook the vehicle, Sen kicked the door of the Chevy Phantom making the metal concave around her foot.

"Ah great..."
tapping her index finger repeatedly to her temple all she could do was let out a heavy sigh, cross her arms and curse a few times more. Moving around to the front of the truck, using the rusty bumper as a step, Sen scooted her rear right over top to sit on the hood of the old vehicle. Crossing her legs over one another, she planted her elbows to each knee and her chin firmly into her hands. This place.. was hell on earth and it was only the first day.

"Verdammt." she uttered.

Caelestinus Hokkaido thanked the bus driver as he disembarked. He had only a small backpack, so he was free to start walking. The road wound cautiously around the earth and trees, pausing to think at corners. It was a truly beautiful place. Seeing the land from the bus windows had not offered the sights he now took in. It made the way pleasant, even though it was several miles.

By the time he reached the entrance to the school, the fear that this was all a mistake had crept back into his throat. Perhaps he should never have come. He was wrapped up enough in these concerns that he nearly ran into the woman waiting before him. "My apologies," he said, bowing. ""I was distracted, and did not see you."

The woman bowed back, smiling warmly. "There is nothing to be sorry for. I am glad you could join us, Hokkaido-sama." She produced a packet of papers. "I believe you will find it much more enjoyable to see the grounds for yourself. If there is something you need, do not hesitate to ask me." Having said this, she bowed again, and walked off into the school building. Caelestinus had to try very hard not to stare after her. She clearly did not think his presence a burden. He examined the papers she had given him, and decided to follow her advice. Several students were around the parking lot. He made his way to the nearest to introduce himself.

Orestes had still been leaning against his car wondering about the woman, sen, and his plans when Caelestinus began to approach him from behind. He closed his eyes a moment to think and then hearing the foot prints, turned to address the boy. He looked at the kid with mild ammusement. "Something ya need?" He said with a bit of arrogance in his tone. He stood up and suddenly appeared very much taller than the boy. "Im Orestes. And from the look on your face, youre just as new as the rest of doves here." This was really meant as a derogatory towards the girls but he was indicating the Avians he had to look for. "Maybe ya could use some protection against bullies huh?"

He bowed in greeting. "I am Caelestinus Hokkaido. It is good to meet you, Orestes. I am new to this school, if that is what you mean." He frowned slightly at the next thought. Surely there wasn't some ruling bully at a place such as this? It was no matter, he was more than capable of keeping himself safe from physical attacks."I do not believe I will be needing protection, though it is kind of you to offer it. May I ask," he paused. "Are you familiar with the school, then?"