3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Lets take a moment do discuss celebrity

Screaming fans, rag mags, paparazzi, trend setting and personal TV shows, whether you're interested or not, you have to admit celebrity is a sizeable cultural phenomenon!

In your world/worlds, who are the celebrities? Entertainers? Political figures? Military heroes? Scientists? Athletes?

What does it mean to be a celebrity in your world/worlds? Is there a class distinction? A level of danger? Is it something many people strive for?

I gots to know!

In your world/worlds, who are the celebrities? Entertainers? Political figures? Military heroes? Scientists? Athletes?
Celebrities vary from area to area in my world. I tend to blend different cultures together and what makes a celebrity varies on what the society values. Magic societies favor powerful magical figures as celebrities. Intellectual cultures tend to favor thinkers and other eccentric individuals who contribute innovative ideas. Military cultures would favor a strong and wise individual. Wisdom being a great deal of sense and strategy, rather than intellectual prowess. I don't limit it to specific types of individuals however, but more about what fits the lore of the world at small or large.

What does it mean to be a celebrity in your world/worlds? Is there a class distinction? A level of danger? Is it something many people strive for?
To be a celebrity also varies by culture. To be a military celebrity would mean to be looked to as a leader in times of crisis. Likely they would be given high risk/high reward operations to oversee or given a position of authority, even if the position is consented to by the masses and not an official capacity. For an intellectual society it would mean for the individual to be weigh in on a topic and have it mean something, but that would go without saying. In a magical society that would mean they might be in a position to research things, but certainly not be questioned on their actions, unless they were so far off the rails that their sanity came into question.

I can't say they would be in a different class entirely, but it would change how others treat them for sure.

Reactions: Minibit
Status
Not open for further replies.