Celebrities you've met.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Rode on the same elevator as Carrot top in Reno. He was with a body guard. It really meant nothing as I am the furthest thing from a fan of any of his work.

And also...weirdly enough again in Reno, Nevada.......Jones from Reno 9-11. That was kinda cool cause at the time the show was popular on comedy central.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
I imagine it would be really hard if you have really young kids to attend, too. I went a few years back with a friend who had her baby with her and it seemed like she had to run off to the bathroom or sit in the resting area over half the time, which just wasn't fun for her.

But other than that? Totally fun! The one in Calgary's a pretty big size, and the one in Toronto's definitely impressive. Maybe not San Diego big but... well, at least it isn't anywhere near as crowded. Only problem is if there's someone who's fairly popular or a big name, the only way you're getting an autograph is waiting in line for hours, and unless you absolutely feel that's something you have to do, it might be a waste of a day. I was asked if it would be possible to get a signature from that one dude from that Vampire Diaries show (hell if I know his name lol) but I'm pretty sure that was a 3 hour line up.

I'm a nice guy, but not that nice. >_>
My kids are relatively older. My youngest will be 10 next month, and my oldest is 15. I know she would love to go to a Comic-Con, or anything that has anime/cartoon related exhibits. She's loves to draw (I know, shameless boast. What can I say? I'm a proud momma.) so she'd probably spend looking for new ideas. My other kids are scattered when it comes to their likes, and Comicon is really the only thing I can think of where there would be something they'd all find interesting. For them though, I think the only somewhat celebrity they'd all agree to want to meet is Markiplier.

My kids are relatively older. My youngest will be 10 next month, and my oldest is 15. I know she would love to go to a Comic-Con, or anything that has anime/cartoon related exhibits. She's loves to draw (I know, shameless boast. What can I say? I'm a proud momma.) so she'd probably spend looking for new ideas. My other kids are scattered when it comes to their likes, and Comicon is really the only thing I can think of where there would be something they'd all find interesting. For them though, I think the only somewhat celebrity they'd all agree to want to meet is Markiplier.

Ah, you're golden then! That's an awesome age to start conventions. Every kid I see at them always has the biggest smiles on their faces.

Hell, I'd want to meet Markiplier. He seems like the nicest guy ever.

I've seen a couple hours of Markiplier and Pewdiepie over time. Not a fan of his style of videos, but the two of them do seem like incredibly cool people.

Plus I wish I had gone to Con's as a kid, and didn't need to wait for Grade 12 curious me to randomly pop into one with friends.
When I become a parent I definitely plan on taking them to Con's at a young age... As well as be their first Dungeon Master.

When I become a parent I definitely plan on taking them to Con's at a young age... As well as be their first Dungeon Master.
I'm not quite that nerdy. Plus, my son doesn't need anymore gaming addictions. If I can pry him off Terraria and Minecraft I'm lucky.

I'm not quite that nerdy. Plus, my son doesn't need anymore gaming addictions. If I can pry him off Terraria and Minecraft I'm lucky.
Oi! One of my requirements for when I buy a house for the family is one room be a designated D&D room (well, games room. But it'd be designed/specialized for D&D). :P

Plus like @Hellis said, Con's can actually help make people more active. Cause part of gaming is that you can't find that social click for your nerdy habits in RL that often (granted, you could do forums rather easily. But that has the same sitting on your ass all day problem), but Conventions give you exposure to others in the hobbies. So initially it's a good 2-3 days of being nothing but active, and if he's lucky he'll either have new friends to hangout with (meaning more active/social) or one of the booths set up will get him involved in something like a LARP group.

I Rode on the same elevator as Carrot top in Reno. He was with a body guard. It really meant nothing as I am the furthest thing from a fan of any of his work.

And also...weirdly enough again in Reno, Nevada.......Jones from Reno 9-11. That was kinda cool cause at the time the show was popular on comedy central.
Don't forget the time we met Gandalf, dude. Bathroom Gandalf, the most magical of all Bathroom maintenance people.

I know Robin Thorsen (May remember her as Clara from The Guild) and Guillermo Díaz (Scandal, Weeds, etc). They're both good friends with a good friend of mine. That counts, right? I remember drinking with Robin many years back when I went to the MTV Movie Awards. She's cool.

Don't forget the time we met Gandalf, dude. Bathroom Gandalf, the most magical of all Bathroom maintenance people.
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

Into the gas station bathroom.

I've met Carson Daly when he still did TRL on MTV,
John Cena from WWE when I was huge on wrestling and was in love with him,
Anne Rice the author of the Vampire Chronicles and creator of the beloved Lestat. I still think those are the best books ever written about vampires.
I also saw Wynonna Judd once at JFK airport in NYC but didn't approach her.

I'm Swedish, and I'd doubt most people would've heard of the local ones I've met, apart from Tom Cruise.

Still though, I will say that I did meet a celebrity once that I'm actually proud to have met; Ove Kindvall. He's one of those you've never heard of, but he's one of the best Swedish footballers of all time and a legend in my hometown of Norrköping, from which he hails. I regret I didn't picture that occasion.

I met Chip Foose at a local autoshow. Mentioned how I'd never seen him do an air-cooled VW on the show, and a short while later, they did a VW Bus. That was pretty cool.

Last year at Comic Con I met Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, those guys are fuckin awesome! Completed my Deadpool costume and the miss's Domino costume xD.

Aside from that? mostly musicians and wrestlers

I'm friends with Seiryu Sanada, the guy is really cool and I'm super happy he's found some success. William Regal did a few training sessions with me when I was first getting started in the wrestling bizz, the guy is a fuckin hardarse trainer and really didn't give up on me, which helped with my confidence building. Also had a match with Rhino too, fuck that was brutal.

On the music side? I met Alice in Chains in Download when I worked as a roadie, tuning the guitars mostly.

Last year at Comic Con I met Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, those guys are fuckin awesome!
Omg...my hubby and I are both jealous. XD

I met Dreama Walker, the co-star of "Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23", which was great because I love that show to the core, and she went to the same high school as me. I think I saw a half-glimpse of some celebrity in New York, who was surrounded by people and bodyguards, and I saw a moderately popular drag queen from RuPaul's Drag Race at Pride this year. She was killin it.

Not sure if this counts as "meeting" them, but I've been to a Night Vale live show where I got to see Cecil Baldwin, Dylan Marron, and several other cast members perform live. :3

Also, I've met Uncle Yo multiple times at conventions and things. Pretty sure I've hugged him at least twice, and had some cool conversations with him. He's super approachable like that. o.o One time a friend and I went to see one of his stand-up routines at a convention, and then, after it was over we saw that a handful of other audience-members had sort of wandered on the stage and were just chatting it up with him, and we decided to do the same. And then... I don't remember how exactly the conversation went in this direction, but I remember he just sort of... gave us a decent chunk of his script? Like, he just, took a few pages out, and... handed them to us. And then when we actually got the chance to look at them closely, we realized there were a ton of bits in there that he didn't even have time to get around to during the actual show. o.o So we had some fun reading those.

Also met Bon Jovi at a concert of his in Orlando when me and my wife tried to avoid the leaving crowds by taking a back stairwell. Bumped into him and his band. The security tried to literally push us out of the way but he stepped forward and asked what we thought of it. Speechless wife was near melting. I said it was my first concert and it was a blast (excluding the part about the 89 year old one-eyed biker woman on our right and the swingers couple who tried to get us to hang out with them afterwards).

Got to shake his hand and he signed my wife's shirt she bought there (not wearing, cause it wouldn't be fair he didn't sign mine too!).

Then someone ran into my car in the parking lot and tried to give me false info for insurance.

Haven't actually met them face to face, but I've got familial relations with Gene Simmons, Shannon Tweed and their two kids (for the life of me, I can not remember their names.)

Update (seeing as how I was just at a convention) :

I got to see Uncle Yo again. And this time, we sort of got into this deep conversation about my goals and aspirations as I told him about a very simplified version of some of my biggest worries at the moment and he offered me some life advice. o.o That... probably sounds like the sort of thing that I shouldn't be asking random e-celebs about, but, it made sense and was appropriate in context, I swear!

Also, when he first heard me speak that day, he said that I had a surprisingly deep and badass-sounding voice. o.o But... my voice might've just come across that way because I was a bit raspy due to it being the end of a convention, making my voice sound lower than normal. Regardless, he sounded very impressed, saying something like "there are voice actors who work so hard to pull off what you just did" even though I'm thinking that my voice was a bit hoarse at the moment and therefore nothing to write home about, so, uh, that was something. XD

In other news, I also met Steve Blum, who is apparently a voice actor. Y'see, normally I'm not super eager to meet the VA's that come to these conventions, because, ordinarily, when I look over the guest list, and I see these VA's and what they're known for, most of the noteworthy roles are from anime dubs -- and, when it comes to anime, I'm admittedly a bit of a sub snob, so, even if I see that a VA has done a character that I know and love, it's a version of that character that I'm either not familiar with or that I just don't care for very much, sooo... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But!! Steve Blum apparently voiced Guilmon from Digimon Tamers. And I absolutely adored Digimon Tamers as a kid (still do, really). And, of course, being a kids' anime that I used to watch on, like, actual TV all the time, the English dub was the version that I grew up on and fell in love with. So, when I realized that I had the chance to meet one of the voices of my childhood, I just had to jump at the opportunity. And he was great! I told him I loved Digimon Tamers and he instantly started doing the Guilmon voice and remained in-character for the rest of our conversation. Absolutely adorable. <3

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.