2. Multiple posts per day
  3. 1-3 posts per day
  4. One post per day
  5. Multiple posts per week
  6. 1-3 posts per week
  7. One post per week
  8. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Whenever my boss decides to let me go home. (Usually between 5-11 EST)
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
  2. Prestige
  3. Douche
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Modern, Futuristic, Paranormal, Fantasy, Medieval, Romance, Horror, pretty much everything.
I was going to go to a book shop where Stephen King is going to be doing a book signing later this month, but I ended up changing my mind about it. For one, I've never met an celebrity, and for two, I'd have to take my kids, and well....a four hour car ride to meet with them would certainly not leave them, or me in the best mood to make a good impression. Sadly, I feel like this may be my only chance to ever meet him, or anyone famous or that matter.

I am literally the only person I know who has never met a celebrity. My husband worked in Cal Ripken's house. My family has met various sports/Nascar/singers through concerts and sporting events. Everyone has had some sort of noteworthy meeting except little old me.

So I'm curious, have any of you ever met a celebrity?

Met Hulk Hogan and Kid Cudi working at a gas station. That was cool. It was before Hogan's son fucked up. Gave me a high five.

Shit was cash.

Also I live less than an hour from Stephen King's Sarasota residence.

Reactions: ᴛᴏᴄᴋᴀ
Kevin Baugh (dictator of Molossia).
No regrets.

Mark Meer (voice of Commander Shepard in Mass Effect) and Steven Blum (Grunt from Mass Effect and a billion other voice over roles).

It's kind of my goal to have as many voice actor signatures in my collector's edition art books, so conventions are hella handy, especially since guys like that don't have endless line ups.

Mark Meer (voice of Commander Shepard in Mass Effect) and Steven Blum (Grunt from Mass Effect and a billion other voice over roles).

It's kind of my goal to have as many voice actor signatures in my collector's edition art books, so conventions are hella handy, especially since guys like that don't have endless line ups.
I always wanted to go to Comicons, but the only time I've lived close to one with stars that I actually recognized was when I lived in Florida. I'm hoping they have one in Baltimore this summer, with people that I know. lol

I met Vic Mignogna once and I met some poet that I can't remember the name of (mainly because I was eight and thought his poems were complete shit but i had to go because my sister loved him and I had to accompany her).

Met Ray Park (Darth Maul, Snake Eyes) several years ago. Nice guy, pretty quiet.

Also met voice actor Barbra Dunkleman, who signed my Yang plushie at RTX last year.

I always wanted to go to Comicons, but the only time I've lived close to one with stars that I actually recognized was when I lived in Florida. I'm hoping they have one in Baltimore this summer, with people that I know. lol

I imagine it would be really hard if you have really young kids to attend, too. I went a few years back with a friend who had her baby with her and it seemed like she had to run off to the bathroom or sit in the resting area over half the time, which just wasn't fun for her.

But other than that? Totally fun! The one in Calgary's a pretty big size, and the one in Toronto's definitely impressive. Maybe not San Diego big but... well, at least it isn't anywhere near as crowded. Only problem is if there's someone who's fairly popular or a big name, the only way you're getting an autograph is waiting in line for hours, and unless you absolutely feel that's something you have to do, it might be a waste of a day. I was asked if it would be possible to get a signature from that one dude from that Vampire Diaries show (hell if I know his name lol) but I'm pretty sure that was a 3 hour line up.

I'm a nice guy, but not that nice. >_>

-Got autographs from a number of Nascar Drivers as a kid when my family would go every year to a race in Michigan. One of the first things I ever did truly on my own was wait outside a trailer at 5 AM to meet my favorite driver (Greg Biffle). Him and his team were suprised that a little kid was the first in line for autographs that he personally gave me a free hat.

-I don't know why he was there, but Chuck Norris was at the PX one day on Ft. Sam Houston. We all ran over there after classes, still in uniform, and caught him on the way out. He stood there for a few moments and bullshitted with us, it was pretty cool.

-I've met A LOT of politicians, I mean, A LOT. Especially during the election season of 2010 where I was a member of the College Republicans, (well, I say "member," but my involvement in the organisation was a little strange. Ask about it and I can tell a few stories.) I met Paul Ryan, former Governor Tommy Thompson, and actually had dinner with the sitting Governor Scott Walker. And Chris Farley's brother, who was somehow relevant.

Reactions: Dervish
REO speedwagon band, Bush Jr., Leonardo DiCaprio...

Ya, after the tornado, we had a couple peeps swing by...
I'm jealous. (^_^;)

-Got autographs from a number of Nascar Drivers as a kid when my family would go every year to a race in Michigan. One of the first things I ever did truly on my own was wait outside a trailer at 5 AM to meet my favorite driver (Greg Biffle). Him and his team were suprised that a little kid was the first in line for autographs that he personally gave me a free hat.

-I don't know why he was there, but Chuck Norris was at the PX one day on Ft. Sam Houston. We all ran over there after classes, still in uniform, and caught him on the way out. He stood there for a few moments and bullshitted with us, it was pretty cool.

-I've met A LOT of politicians, I mean, A LOT. Especially during the election season of 2010 where I was a member of the College Republicans, (well, I say "member," but my involvement in the organisation was a little strange. Ask about it and I can tell a few stories.) I met Paul Ryan, former Governor Tommy Thompson, and actually had dinner with the sitting Governor Scott Walker. And Chris Farley's brother, who was somehow relevant.
Still jealous.

Thompson was chill as fuck. Walker, you could tell, was a politician through-and-through, he kinda had this air of superiority about him. Ryan seemed like an actually honest dude after the initial 5 minutes spent with him where he'd tell you everything you wanted to hear.

I've seen a number of celebrities (well, E-Celebrities) up close due to Con Bravo including: Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, Spoony, Chuggaconroy & Mark Meer

But there were two where more than just being up close was what happened.

1. First year of Angry Joe I happened to be standing in close proximity to Angry Joe while he was getting worked up with the crowd, as a result I was one of several hit with a surprise hug from him. :3
2. The following year James Portnow from Extra Credits was at Con Bravo. He had a panel, said panel ended. And then he lead everyone in the Panel all the way across the Con looking for an empty place to sit down and then talk about video games until late hours. It was a good 6-8 hours of watching him speak live, asking him questions etc.

I met Stephen King in my youth. He somehow knew my uncle. I wasnt aware of how much of a celebrity he was at the time. He seemed very nice from what I remember.

• Love
My local news anchor took a picture of me on a Halloween once, so I've got that going for me.

My older sister bumped into Harrison Ford when she was too tiny to know who he was. Her husband chatted with George Lopez, and a few other memorable things happened to them with Ludacris, etc.

Me? Nope. Never. My mom's friend "knew" Katy Perry and asked if me and my sister would like to meet her. We laughed and shot that down, not fans. xD

I've never been into people worship. Though I'd love to meet Felix, Olan Rodgers or Satoshi Tajri.

Best of luck with your endeavors, guys. ^^

Hammerfall are hella nice dudes, regular family guys who just happen to do Power Metal. Machine Supremacy all suck at Street Fighter. Verseilles (Japanese Visual-Kei band) party like no other but are terribly polite. M.O.V.E (Japanese band. Known for Initial D intros and outros) are the chillest people I ever met, they offered to let my sleepdepraved ass sleep in the sofa when I had pulled 20 hours straight working at Uppcon (Who had flown them in to perform).

I had Neil Gaiman sign my copy of American Gods.

I met Stephen King in my youth. He somehow knew my uncle. I wasnt aware of how much of a celebrity he was at the time. He seemed very nice from what I remember.
I am jealous as all hell. :( He's my idol.

Status
Not open for further replies.