1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Douche
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
It seems like everyone has holiday on the brain!
I was talking today about what Christmas dinner is like with family (now that I'm an adult, the answer involves a lot of booze). Whether you make a journey to family or host the event (or stay in and just relax and enjoy it alone), what does Christmas/Hanukah/etc. look like for you?

• Love
Reactions: Greenie
If I'm near family, then usually the day of our festivals (Eid) are spent at home for half of the day hosting breakfast/brunch, and then visiting other family and friends. Although for the last few years we'd be invited throughout the day, lol. You really have to pace your eating.

If it's just me and the Mister though, we spend time either at home or go out to have some fun. Last time we watched the Hitman's Bodyguard in the cinema.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: A.O. Taku and Kitti
Lots of food (two tables, in fact), thirty-two family members (yeah, thirty two, the majority of which are cousins I don't really know) and shouting. My entire family could shake an entire house with how loud they are.

Reactions: A.O. Taku
This year we're doing absolutely nothing for Christmas! No visiting family. No lugging around all our kids Christmas presents from my family's house, my in-law's house all the way back to our house. We're picking up presents the day before Christmas Eve and letting them open everything at home, and doing nothing else. Or I guess I should say they're doing nothing else. I'm throwing a turkey in the roaster, making a Reeses Cup cake and some cookies, and spending most of my day trying to do nothing once I'm done.

Normally we spend the entire day going from house to house, visiting family, and going absolutely insane from spending most of our day in the car. It'll be nice to have a peaceful holiday at home.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Kitti
This year we're doing absolutely nothing for Christmas! No visiting family. No lugging around all our kids Christmas presents from my family's house, my in-law's house all the way back to our house. We're picking up presents the day before Christmas Eve and letting them open everything at home, and doing nothing else. Or I guess I should say they're doing nothing else. I'm throwing a turkey in the roaster, making a Reeses Cup cake and some cookies, and spending most of my day trying to do nothing once I'm done.

Normally we spend the entire day going from house to house, visiting family, and going absolutely insane from spending most of our day in the car. It'll be nice to have a peaceful holiday at home.

Lucky.

My brother and his fiance are flying in on the 21st, which will be awesome. We'll have a family dinner at my parent's house on the 24th, and then a family dinner at my aunt's on the 25th. Gonna eat a lot of great food, get drunk, and have a great time with my family. I'm really looking forward to it.

I will be leaving a few days before Christmas to head down to stay with family in the south of the country.
There will be a mini-dinner I think on like the 23? They want me to make pie.
There will also be a bigger dinner the next day. I'm pretty sure they want me to make more pie.
There's a bunch of people, some I know and a handful that I don't and some of them have little kids and there are dogs and it's a bit chaotic and almost everyone stops me to ask me if I have a glass of wine yet. Periodically, someone manages to collect all the adults and someone calls for cheers and a shot, and then someone else wants to do it...

Honestly, it's probably a miracle I can still manage to get the dinner into my mouth by the end of the day but it's boisterous and fun.

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
We have the whole crew coming here for Christmas this year, So seven of my eight children, five spouses, all 11 grandchildren and my ex-husband (JOY). So we will be bursting at the seams but it will be so awesome!

We are planning to do Christmas eve dinner, since some of our company will only be here Christmas Morning and then leaving before dinner. But we're also planning a full Mexican meal the day after Christmas (My son-in-law's gift to everyone)..sooooo looking forward to the tamales...YUM!!

But we are board game crazies, so there will likely be three tables with various games going at all times. Like Dipper, loud and boisterous but soo much fun!!

My celebration will likely be something quiet at home. There's only 5 members in my immediate household and AFAIK we're not expecting company. So it's probably going to be something cozy, at least, and I'm hoping we decide to have ham for Christmas dinner. Apart from that, we're apparently going to be at church a lot over those few days, so it might end up being a bit of a whirl. o.o"
I do wish somebody else could be nearby... <.<

• Love
Reactions: Joan
Christmas break starts after today, and for us, that mostly means staying home, baking, and hanging out. My dad's parents will be visiting for a few days over Christmas, which will change things up a bit, but overall, it's just gonna be hanging out at home and chilling together.

Thankfully my job closes on major holidays, so mom will be at my apartment on Christmas Day, leaving James and myself to enjoy Christmas Eve. I plan on making a necklace for mom and will get a few cards sent out.. Nothing fancy