CBS' First Look at SUPERGIRL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I LOVE it! I am sooo going to watch it--D: Does cbs come on Hulu? Cause if not then I guess I won't be watching it. T.T At the end I honestly thought Superman had given her a puppy and not a cape. xD

Supergirl will be on CW which is on Hulu.

Hawkgirl is joining up the new DC show with Atom and so on, Heroes of Tomorrow.

Personally, I enjoy the DC shows as much as I enjoy the Marvel films/show. I'm intrigued by this show and I like the dorkiness protrayed.

Wonderwoman will probably never get a show, unfortunately. It seems to be cursed which is disappointing. Even the movie is having problems with development. It gets started, people just give up on it before we even get a pilot.

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
I have not been entranced with the DC Superheroes -- aside from Morpheous, but my love for him stems from the fact that I love Neil Gaiman -- and I'm not sure how I feel about this character. I'm waiting to see what the reviews say about this show, but at the moment I'm very reluctant to say I am excited.

I'm just gonna say no.

I watched this trailor with my dad and couldn't help but think it was something brought on by the feminist movement. But, if it really were, they would have made Kara a fucking champ, instead of the little whimp she is in the show. The fact that they used the one demensional, wet paper actress from Glee is pretty frustrating, especially cause they threw some blonde dye in her hair and decided she was a match. No.
What happened to casting based on actually character likeness and appropiate acting ability? that's probably a stupid question, why bother.

For some reason, they felt the need to give her a sister, and the exact same clark kent syndrome as Kal. Then, she goes and tells her secret identity to the first dude who wiggles the D her way, which makes me beyond frustrated. Are you going to tell me that this guy is going to be the lois lane of the series? I'm dry heaving.

Something to think about here: If Superman knows Kara and knows that she cannot- or has not come into accepting her powers yet, why would he just sit by and let that plane go? Did he just decide to stay home that night and iron his supersuit? I can understand the bit about him wanting her to choose her path, but what if she hadn't been successful? Seems like a bit of a trustfall to me.

The thing with supe's baby blanket was cute, but everything else in the trailor lacked quality. I don't have to bring up the CGI, because it speaks for itself in a pleading groan for it's own merciful death.

I agree with everyone who says it's going to be like sex in the city meets smallville, and I bet their excuse for that will be that they are trying to appeal to more women. If they were really trying to appeal to women, they would have awesome battle scenes and SuperGirl wouldn't be wearing booty shorts.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
I'm getting a teen drama/romance vibe from this, so it's probably not something I would watch regardless of the actual subject matter.

On top of that, there are some really goofy things in the trailer that make me feel like it's not even worth giving it a chance, because it seems like it's gonna have some garbage writing. For instance, that whole thing about Kara saying the name shouldn't be Supergirl, then her Devil Wears Prada knock-off boss giving the lame "I call myself a girl and I'm great hurrdeedurr" thing was asinine. I get that they were probably hoping to head off the people who are going to be upset that they seem to be diminishing her by calling her a girl instead of a woman, but that attempted justification was awful and just served to highlight the name thing instead of really justifying it. Having her reveal her superhero identity to the one guy so both other elements of the love triangle knew about it was silly and probably pointless, they could've had her sister or that James Olsen dude fill the fashion and strategy consultant role. Choosing to bring on Kara's "omg am I doing the right thing? should I keep doing this? am I ready for it? am I worthy?" moment by way of the military guy being a snarky dick to her was super lame. I thought she was supposed to be a strong and cool character, not someone with the emotional fortitude of a wet tissue.

So yeah, probably not going to even give it a try.

Reactions: K3l and Esthalia
I am going to be the odd one out here and say that I am excited for it. As for her being a glee actor? So is Grant Gustin, and he is killing it on the Flash. He is legit doing an amazing job. And for those saying this is CW, yo uare wrong. It is CBS. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.