Caught

Kali furrowed her eyebrows at Chris when he responded, the bright yellow of his aura a sharp contrast against the cream and light blue of Adriana. Did he think this was some kind of joke? She was about to reply, confused questions flying through her mind, but the Adriana cut her off, obviously ignoring Chris' reaction. Kali's eyes turned to her as she spoke, her anxious green eyes flashing. Then again, she was interrupted by a sarcastic, yet familiar tone at the entrance to the tent. "Knock knock" It said. Oh..that must be..Elizabeth. She entered, knowing she wouldn't be turned away of course and found her way over to the three of them sitting in a triangle. Elizabeth's aura nearly matched Adriana's previous colors. Light blue and cream. But then of course, Adriana's changed in reaction to her strange look and sudden appearance. Kali frowned a bit, biting her lip and staring at the ground for a moment, trying hard to get her thoughts in order now. She looked up then, eyes apologetic as she caught Chris and Adriana's gaze. "One moment. I'll answer your..questions very soon." Kali didn't stand to greet the near stranger standing beside her in the black cloak. She merely stared up at her gray eyes and gave her a bashful look from the ground. "Hello Elizabeth. I didn't expect you so late...or rather, she didn't. Yaga is sleeping and I'm sure you've known how much it irritates her when she is woken at this hour...I'm sorry. You are welcome to stay here if you haven't a place to sleep for the night."

Elizabeth ran a hand down her face, squeezing the bridge of her nose in irritation. She just came out of an interrogation room for goodness sake and now there were more questions outside? Her temper was starting to boil, another trait that kept her longer than usual with the guards. "Dear lord, stop the questions," she muttered under her breath, then with all her might she tried to keep her temper at bay. Relax, it's a girl. Pretty young girls. Girls don't deserve a scolding. Now if the lad over there tried to ask her more prying questions, it would have been a different story. "No, kid," Elizabeth answered with tight lips. "Last time I checked, I'm human. And no, I'm a witchdoctor. If you wanted your fortunes told, Kali could do a good job." The witchdoctor placed the large sack down at the corner, medicinal smells seeped through the burlap. It was quite heavy and she couldn't carry it around forever around.

She cooled down when Kali spoke to her. "Sorry, Kali," she apologized quietly, as if she thought that if she spoke any louder, Kali would break. "I got held up by guards, and yes I know all too well when she sleeps.." Elizabeth squinted with a mix of fear and annoyance, but she was very happy that Kali welcomed her to stay. "Thanks, I'd like that. Mind if I smoke, or should I do it outside?" She fumbled through her bag, revealing a long, thin and narrow pipe, painted red and had small feathers and beads dangling at the end.

The strange woman surprised him, but what surprised him more was that the girl had switched from entirely rude and hateful to curious and mild. As if she had forgotten what the we're talking about. " He stood and gave a small bow, " Hello, my name is Chris. Pleased to meet you." He didn't ask any questions as the woman had just walked in even though she had called him a child, but he and Adriana, as he now knew her name, were acting a bit childish. He looked to Kali hoping she might introduce the Green skinned stranger.

Elizabeth's crimson temper flared frequently as she spoke to Kali's visitors. After the medicinal herbs and such wafted past her nose when Elizabeth set down her bag, Chris introduced himself to the green woman in a very respectful manner. She spoke to Kali, wondering if she should stay inside to smoke or not. She could see that Elizabeth was satisfied with being able to stay here, however irritated she was by her guests.
Kali told her it would be best to keep any harmful gases out of the tent and politely suggested she smoke outside. She didn't want to offend anyone after all and after Elizabeth departed, Kali would explain Elizabth's role to Adriana and Chris, if anything just to quell their curiosity befor continuing the conversation that Chris didn't seem to quite see the depth of.

Elizabeth just gave a prude nod to Chris, even if her brow was in a knot. Ah well, at least he's got manners, but she wasn't going to waste any time introducing herself. For one, Chris wasn't her client and it looks like Kali's got everything under control. Yaga must be proud. Two, there's no use in giving her name if she was only going to meet this person once. Thanking Kali once more, she opened a packet in her bag to grab a pinch of tobacco.. At least, that's what it looked like. Some suspicious dried, crumbled plant that was so dry, it looked black, with a blend of ground spices and berries. She took a bit of the mixture between her thumb and index finger, then stuffed it into the end of the pipe, making sure none of it was sticking out. Finally, she took a little matchbox, left her bag and got out the tent.

She didn't walk far off. One could see her silhouette by the side of the tent if they squinted. Elizabeth opened the matchbox she took out earlier, revealing a few little matches that laid in a row. Taking one and lighting it, she dipped the flame into pipe and threw it away, stamping on it to put it out. The end of the pipe glowed a beautiful orange-red, and the witchdoctor smiled as she took in the mouthpiece to her lips and inhaled slowly and deeply. Her shoulders felt lighter and the back of her head was less tense than before, her throat moistened with notes of citrus and cinnamon (Elizabeth's favorite flavor). Ten gold, she thought as she exhaled a billow of smoke, was totally worth it. She gave a curious sniffed at the smoke she just blew and found it smelled like bitter orange peel. Elizabeth will carry on like this for a few more moments while listening to Kali and her guests. Perhaps if they're not arguing, they might hold an interesting conversation.

When Elizabeth had left the tent Adriana turned back to Kali. "What were you saying before about our futures being intertwined?" She asked curiously. "Start from the beginning, what exactly did you see?" As she spoke she gathered the tea cups and put them back on the tray. She was starting to get fidgety, like she needed to be doing something. She wasn't used to being still for long periods of time.

Adriana's aura shifted with her body to light pinks, blues and a hint of yellow peeking through as she spoke. Kali is a very observant young girl, so she could see quite clearly that Adriana was not used to being without a task to do.
"Well, to understand in a way that won't distress you, you must know that when I see into one's future, I am shown the many paths the individual could take. The possible futures. There are rarely things about it that are set in stone without decisions that have to be made. Yet, these happenings are the clearest in my vision. The events that stand out among the rest. Fate decides them, if you believe in such things. The clearest things in my vision happened to be..mm..fire, loud heartbeats, screaming and nervous hands. Like yours. I don't want to alarm you, because though they may seem to indicate a bad future, these things that I sense are very vague and symbolic. They do not necessarily mean one thing or another and I think you will be surprised by the means in which these happenings occur." Kali spoke softly and honestly. She owed this girl the truth after all. She wasn't going to lie, especially if they were going to be spending much of their future in each other's presence.

<<Sorry haven't had the chance to post until now.>>
Chris tensed at the mention of fire. He remembered his dream of the wolf in flames. A mere dream yet terrifying. A tad less happy this time he said, " So you are saying that you can really see the future?" He was a little disheartened by this. Kali had seemed ok at first, mature. But with the lie she was pulling out he felt her childish.