Caught

"I Have!" Chris paused for a moment. " I had to do it as a right of passage. All knights in training do. To teach us humility. Besides just because my father is Roland doesn't mean I don't know how the world works. I leave the fort every day to walk around the people here. I have seen what young women are exposed to. I know that the men are mostly selfish braggerts and that coin or marriage is hard to come by. Besides the 'nobility' has it's own problems." Chris said haughtily. He was very upset with this girl who still had yet to tell him her name. He had tried being curteous but he was starting to think it might just be better to leave her to the mercy of the court.

Kali simply watched their exchange from the floor, since neither of them seemed to really want to join her. They seemed blinded by the crimson anger swirling around their bodies like dancing clouds. Her emerald gaze was slightly fearful, especially of the previously unseen anger able to be harbored by the kind brown eyes she'd seen from Chris before. She would let them speak, but only until it escalated enough for the situation to truly become dangerous. How were they to release their anger if they didn't yell a little after all?

((Gamergize, If you want, you can be Yaga. Kali's grandmother. she can see the future without even touching people and she has a pet snake. unless you prefer playing a male which would also be helpful))

Adriana stood. Her face was red. This man was rubbing her the wrong way, that was for sure. "Well Mr. Chris, I apologize for my arrogance. Surely you have experienced the trouble us women face. Of course you've been attacked while on your way to the rats den I call a home. <I>Certainly</I> You've had to give up what meager earning you do get to pay for protection so you don't get attacked again, not that that helps anything at all. I'm sure that you've gone days or even weeks between meals." She forced her running mouth to close at that point and spun to face Kali. "I'm sorry Kali, but this gentleman Is rubbing me the wrong way." She bowed politely. "If it's alright with you, I will just step out for a moment and make some tea." She struggled to keep her voice low when speaking to Kali. She'd done nothing to warrant being yelled at. She didn't try to hide her contempt for the nobility.

Kali nodded, pursing her lips. This didn't seem to be going very well. She let Adriana exit the storage room and turned her head back to Chris, her face devoid of emotion. "Chris, there is no need for either of you to talk to each other this way. Relax. Surely she's not truly hurting you with her words is she?" Kali blinked, ever the expert on emotional distress

" I'm usually not like this. But that girl is rude and improper and I don't know why but I suspect she doesn't like me. What should she hate me for." He said with distaste. " I haven't done anything to be mean. I'm not cruel like some people portray all us nobles. Granted that some are a little less caring for the commoners such as the Prince. But not all of us are like that."

"Well...your previous comments have been a bit scathing, but neither of you have the right to judge each other like this. You've only seen her as rude and improper because you've hardly seen her at all. From what I can assume, you don't even know her name. Maybe it's not that she doesn't like you, but your status. As a peasant, I suspect she's been treated badly by nobles for a long time. You have not yet proven to her that you are any different than they are. Not that this gives her pardon either. She knows nothing of your lifestyle, so calling you..spoiled wasn't justified. I do hope you both apologize to each other." Kali spoke softly again, careful not to take either side of the argument and to stay respectful when addressing someone of much higher status than she. She honestly hoped that the two would get along. Because she knew that they may end up spending a great deal of time together..

((Finn had to go, and he won't be back until later in the evening.))
Adriana put a pot of tea on the fire and tried to calm herself. She was so angry she could hardly see straight. She'd been treated like trash by nobles all her life, and this one was no different. He looked down on her because she was a thief, because she took matters into her own hands and took care of herself. That condescending tone was one she'd grown to hate over the years. Every time someone made a snide comment about gutter trash or what a homeless woman was good for. Her thoughts were interrupted by the screaming of the tea kettle and she took it off of the fire. She was in the process of pouring three cups of tea when one spilled. In her clumsy attempt to catch it the scalding liquid splashed onto her hand. She cursed and quickly shook it off of her hand. She wrapped her burned hand in the corner of her cloak.

Kali said my comment's had been scathing. He thought to himself. " Fine I'll go apologize." It seems to be all I'm good for. Chris left the tent and Kali so he could try to find the girl to apologize and hopefully convince her to come back. He went around asking people whether they had seen her or not. People were far more helpful now that he was not wearing his disguise. Many said they had not but one kind lady mentioned seeing a girl in a dark cloak with a upset look set onto her face storming off to a small tent just outside of the fair where some of the poorest people lived. He briskly walked to the tent, the cold night air making him shiver. Here we go again. And he knocked.

The still cursing Adriana nudged the tent flap open, then frowned. "You know, when a lady steps away for some time alone, it could be considered bad manners to follow her." She said as she stepped back inside the tent. "Just dying to see my humble abode? Well take a look around." She didn't glance back at him. The inside of the tent was just as shabby as the outside looked, and there wasn't much to see. A pile of blankets, a fire pit in the center, and a couple small boxes was the extent of what she could call hers.

" I came to apologize. It was not my intent to offend you." Chris told her. He sat down next to the fire to disperse the chill that had crept around him. " I am sure Kali, and I of course, would greatly appreciate it if you came back." He waited for an answer. He hoped she would come to a decision soon before this fire gave out.

"I accept your apology." She replied as she re-poured the spilled cup and put them on a tray. "I'd apologize as well, but the truth of the matter is I don't like you, I don't like nobles, and it was my intent to offend you." She said in her usual blunt, honest way. "Maybe when you prove to me I'm wrong, I'll apologize." She picked up the tray and swept out of the tent. "Come on, I'm sure Kali is waiting and this tea will be cold if we don't hurry."

Chris was still upset with the bratty girl, but at least she was returning. He would keep being as nice as he could because Kali asked him to. For some reason he found himself wanting to make her happy. If that meant to turn a blind eye to this girls mean comments and snyde remarks. He followed her out into the night air as she carried the tea tray. The fairgrounds had taken on a somewhat sinister edge to its lighting. Shadows moved suspiciously and what little light the fair provided showed Chris all the darker dealings of the fair. He was relieved to reach Kali's tent safely.

Despite Chris's problems with the darker side of the fair, Adriana was right at home there. She felt safer in the shadows than she did in the light. This was what she was used to, after all. As she passed another girl she knew, she called out in the thieve's slang and warned her to be especially careful tonight, as the guard would probably be heavier than usual. The girl waved back and told her to watch out as well before they went their separate ways. When they reached the tent Adriana ducked inside. "I brought tea." She announced cheerfully. "Drink up, while it's warm." She turned and pushed a cup into Chris's hands. "I even made you some. Try not to complain about it too much." She turned away from Chris again and seated herself next to Kali.

"I'll do my best." Chris said with a voice of fake kindness. If only she would be a little more accepting like Kali. She wasn't a noble, yet she seemed to like him. At least enough to offer him tea along with trying to make him feel better. " Now what was it you wanted to tell us Kali? From your tone before it seemed very important."

Kali smiled at the fact that the two seemed to finally tolerate each other at least. Little sparks of red irritation still shone through their expectant creamy auras, but for the most part, they were calm enough to sit on either side of her when Chris asked about her news. Kali took a deep breath, hoping they'd believe her, since it had come as quite a shock to her as well. "When I was reading Adriana's fortune, which by the way, I reacted to much too extremely, I'm sorry." She cleared her throat, remembering Yaga's words. Don't get caught up in the future Kali...you will lose the present. "Well I saw....us. Our three pairs of eyes. Though much was unclear of the many possible outcomes of your future, of this I am quite sure. The three of us are inexplicably tied to each other. Our futures are intertwined, no matter what decisions we make. Whether it is fate or free will I cannot say, but I believe it. So I shall not try to go against it or fear of unnecessary consequences." Kali finished, a worried expression in her vibrant green eyes. How would they react to this kind of news? She only had to wait but a moment to see their reactions in the flash of their auras.

After a moment of serious quiet, Chris shot forth a burst of laughter. " Ohhhh, Kali I knew I liked you. Once my father comes to thank you I'm sure he would love to offer you a place at the castle." He ended smiling. He didn't know why she had wanted the girl to come back. This was a good act but it was crazy to think he could have anything to do with the rude scrawny girl. Now as for Kali, perhaps he and she could become friends

((OOC: Please, please ignore the shrunken head, the staff and Elizabeth's scary looking eyes in the picture. The drawing is quite old, and she now has grey eyes and usually wears a black cloak over her witchdoctor clothing when traveling outside.))

She really didn't expect the city guards to hold her back from entering the city for an entire afternoon. They asked her so many mundane questions; Where did she come from? What was in her sack? Why was her skin and hair such an inhuman green? What did her tattoos or body paint symbolize? Was she from a cult? It was dark by the time they let her go, far too late for her appointment with Yaga. Elizabeth groaned and stretched her shoulders as she exited the interrogation building. A guard approached her to return her belongings - her worn shoulder bag and a sack that looked like it was about to burst. The witchdoctor snatched them back with her lips curled into a snarl. She was already grumpy by nature and this whole stupid questioning made her even grumpier. With a huff, she headed towards a certain fortune teller's tent.

As she walked through the fairgrounds, she wondered if she should even show up now. She was really, really late, even if it wasn't her fault. Yet she traveled pretty far to come here, and she wasn't exactly willing to find an inn. Elizabeth didn't like inns - too pricey. She could just find a nearby forest and feel right at home there, but she didn't want to spend even more hours being berated with questions again by guards. She might as well get this over with.

The sign read 'closed', yet she could hear bickering from inside. Elizabeth raised an eyebrow in suspicion. Kids were probably taking advantage of the sign to argue about something, from what she's hearing. She rolled her eyes and brushed the sign aside once things started to calm down with little Kali's voice. "Knock, knock," the middle aged woman called out in a bored, almost sarcastic voice. Elizabeth glared at the two kids who were having a spit fight with each other earlier. At least, to her eyes, they were acting like children. "Noisy kids. Except you, Kali," she said, looking at the red hooded girl with softened grey eyes. Kali rarely ever speaks, she hardly talks to her! But Elizabeth liked that. There ought to be more kids who were like Kali and then the world would become a slightly better place. "Don't you ever change. Now where's your dear grandma Yaga?"

((I'm glad you could join us, Serran!))

Adriana's eyes shot up to Kali's face as she studied her. "intertwined, hm?" She asked as she ignored Chris's reaction. "Intertwined in what way?" She thought about it for awhile. "Did you see anything else, anything at all that seemed out of the ordinary?" She wasn't really sure what could be considered ordinary for a fortune teller, but she figured she should at least ask.

She glanced behind her when someone stepped inside and made a comment about noisy kids. A look of surprise flashed across her face, then she smiled. "Are you a fortune teller too?" She asked. "Or are you an elf?" Her mouth was running without her again, curiosity going crazy at the strange looking woman. She suddenly realized she'd forgotten to introduce herself before firing away her questions and bowed. "I'm sorry." She said. "I am Adriana." She glanced up at the woman through her dark hair.