Caught by the Tale

Kanata wanted to fight the attack but he was unarmed and would have only succeeded in injuring himself.
So, he let them bind his arms and legs, toss him in a cabin.
He'd thought that would have been that for now but when a cocky little voice chimed through the small area the older prince hissed and looked up with fervor.
"Ajax...."
The word was growled and none-to-kindly as the young man struggled to free his hands so he could manipulate the meager snow around them.
Hell, he'd take the darn drink and shove it up the kid's nose.
He was glad Mirari wouldn't be harmed for food or something barbaric of that sort but still...
"You went against an agreement struck on the battlefield! What kind of honor do your people stand by?!"
Damnit!
If he could just get his uninjured hand free he could probably get himself out!

Ajax fixed a sadden yet unamused look on Kanata.
"...You made that agreement with a soldier.
I was just the bargaining chip, so in truth, I could do whatever I wanted about that agreement.
This was just the one option that involved little or no blood shed...
Though why I even bothered sparing you that is a mystery to myself."
He sat on what appeared to be a chair, but there was very little light in the cabin, so it was hard to tell.
"Now, are you going to be good so you don't have to be tied up like a dog or does that actually seem best for a disgusting cur of which you are?"
Wow, you're just as mouthy when the roles are switched...
I'm debating on if that is bad or not.

The boy growled loudly as he shifted harsher on the ground, trying to slip his hands free.
The twine he'd been bound with dug into his burned hand and made him squeak a hiss out from pain.
"Y-your going to regret this!
Father will know and invade your meager kingdom to get me back, then you will all fall to us!!"
Guess that would be the equivalent of saying 'no, I won't behave.'

"Free my uninjured hand and I'll show you how much of a curr i can be!"

This was starting to seem...amusing.
"Oh, Kanata...You forget that you started this little prisoner session.
But I suppose it's better than the alternative where we both end up dead at some point.
Either way, I'm sure your father will understand as I have sent a letter to him to explain the situation...
And about you showing off...allow me to show what I can do."

Ajax got up from the chair and went over to a fireplace- a spark of flint later and a fire was roaring in the fireplace. "Hmmm...Should I just burn the rest of you or be nicer...?"

"I don't know, I think I know one of us who should still end up dead" the male hissed under his breath through grinding teeth.
When the other noted that his father was messaged his eyes narrowed, the icy blue color in them coming out with the glare.
This boy was playing with fire...
Er.
Literally. Shit.
He squirmed in his bindings as the other walked over towards the fire.
"I have right to defend myself! Untie me!!"
What? Kanata wanted a fair fight if they were going to use their powers?
Yes...he did.
He didn't have Ajax tied up when he froze him...

"Yeah and it'll probably be you." Ajax muttered.
"And I'm not sure if I should untie you...
You have the air of someone who would rather strangle me then just talk."
Ajax shrugged and snaked out a wisp of fire.
For a moment it floated above his hand like there was an invisible wick that it was standing on.
Then it coated his hand, making it seem as if he had grabbed a hand full of embers that caught and set his hand ablaze.
"Hmm...What to do, what to do..."
He looked at Kanata, narrowing his eyes at him.
He didn't really like those icy blue eyes...or his bluish hair...
Not like he needed the later of the two...

Kana's eyes zeroed in on the fire with malice.
He didn't want to get burned again! His left hand was still killing him and needed a lot of salve and medicine.
"Stay away from me..." the prince hissed, baring teeth like an aggressive dog.
Try to burn his hair and your gonna have a nasty fight on your hands, bound or not!
He was ready to beat the crap out of Ajax, all he needed was a free hand and the little firebrat would be frozen!

Ajax rolled his eyes before smirking.
"Why should I stay away? You're the prisoner, remember? I can do whatever I want."
That said, the boy walked over to Kanata, where he then kept the other skill with a leather boot to his back.
"I suggest staying still or this is not going to work and you'll lose a hand or worse."
That said, the boy closed his eyes and muttered some spell in Suhrandite. An eerie glow enveloped Kanata's burned hand.

As the other prince came closer Kanata froze.
He wanted to fight but he felt heat on his burnt hand and couldn't afford to injure it further.
However, his heart was hammering against his rib cage in fear.
Yes, he was afraid of fire.
Not of Ajax! But the element the boy could control.
There was a wince as the boy's powers started to work at his burn but Kanata bit his lip to silence any whimpers or cries.
His eyes, however, did squeeze closed tightly, not wanting to see what was happening.

Ajax continue to mutter the spell for about ten more minutes.
By the time he stopped, the burn that had been on Kanata's hand...
Was gone, vanishing without a trace.
Ajax stepped back, a bit wobbly.
"You know...I really hate you..." he muttered, grinning a little.
Then his eyes rolled back into his head and he fell over, hitting the floor with a lifeless thump.
And no, he isn't dead.

Kanata remained still until he heard the boy speak to him again.
"Well, I share the hatred...Eh?"
As the kid fell down Kana seemed confused.
Ah...he'd used all of his energy?
But then...
Flexing his hand behind his back he winced, ready for pain...but there was none?
"He fixed my hand?"
There was disbelief in his voice as he moved the fingers on his left hand again.
No pain at all...

Man, and now the kid was down. He'd need energy quickly if the temperature dropped at all.
The boy would have moved himself over to the kid but he didn't seem to have any weapons and there were none within range from where he could get to them.
So...Kanata whistled really really loudly, trying to get attention of someone outside.

Yeah, Ajax pretty much screwed himself over.
But hey, he was feeling guilty about the fire from earlier.
Especially since it killed people.
Right, anyways, to the even worse news.
Since there was a snow storm going on outside, no one want to be outside.
They assumed nothing bad would happen to Ajax, what with Kanata tied up and all.
So yeah, no one will be coming to help til...morning?
Which was a very long time away...maybe ten or so hours away?

Ajax was starting to get pale as his unconsciousness drew on.
This was the second time he had ever passed out after using magic on someone.
The first time was when he tried to show his father that he did have magical qualities, but he was just six at the time so go figure.

When no one came after several minutes Kanata gave up.
He could hear the storm raging outside and prayed they had taken Mirari somewhere warm.
Glancing over at Ajax Kana sighed.
The boy looked cold and being out of it wasn't going to help him.
With a grunt Kanata managed to squirm his way over to the other after about fifteen minutes.
That's when he noticed the healing on his left hand had singed the rope quite a bit.
Hmmm...
With a strong pull the twine actually snapped, freeing the man's hands and allowing him to claw off the bindings on his ankles.
"Yes! Finally!"
Staring at Ajax he frowned and got up.
Going to the door he tried to open it but of course, the storm had piled snow against the door.
They were stuck.
Well...having the kid die on him would be useless so heading back over to Ajax he carefully picked him up and brought him over to a cot near the fire.
"You sir, are still an idiot."
With that he climbed into the bed as well, pulling the meager fur blanket over them.

I just love it when I have my peeps be extremely pathetic-
And holy snit he's on fire!
Well, not real fire.
It was just an illusion.
Basically when Ajax is weakened to some point and then placed near a fire...
He somewhat absorbs energy from the fire.
That or he actually catches fire and is pretty much incubated while a lot of people freak out and try to put out the fire.
This was just an absorb energy moment, so no catching fire.
Because that would be bad...
And Kanata would either be dead or burn pretty badly.
Anyways~
The illusion of fire stayed for about four hours, then just faded out to an eerie glow that stayed til morning.
Guess is someone needed a nightlight, they'd just have to ask Ajax to enter the room with a candle.

Kanata was a bit put off by the fire and tried to pat it out but when it didn't burn or get hotter he figured it was something like what happened with him when he got too tired and was near water.
His father said whenever he was really tired and there was a glass of water near him he glowed a cool blue color.
During the night he awoke off and on to chec on Ajax, not really on purpose but just out of habit.
He was trained in first aid and often took shifts as the medic during combat down time.
By the time morning rolled around though he was out cold with the warm firebug in his arms to try and stave off the cold outside.
The blizzard had died down but the door was still blocked and the fire dwindling.
Hopefully his soldiers would dig them out soon...

There would be no need to have soldiers to dig them out.
A few knew that Ajax could control fire so they figured he would take care of it.
Which he will as he started to wake up just moments after dawn.
He felt like crap, but that happens sometimes in the morning-
Probably from hitting his head on the floor.
He noticed the dwindling fire and frowned.
Wiggling his fingers, he made it grow to a decent blaze.
Much better-
"...If you don't let go of me, Keralian, I will burn off your hair!" >(

Kanata groaned as he rolled over slightly, and then right off the cot with a grunt.
"Mmmn...?"
He still had the makeshift pillow in his arms so at least he didn't hit his head.
His eyes blinked open slowly, still a bit hazy from sleep.
"Nnn I'll freeze your balls off..."
It was a half hearted threat but he didn't even remember where he was at the moment.
A few moments later he was up and on his feet in a sloppy fighting pose.
"Don't even think about trying to bind me up again!"

Ajax tried to get into a fighter's stance as well-
But he failed epically and almost fell into the fireplace.
He grumbled and just stuck with sitting on the cot.
"Like I can even tie a knot.
That's more of Makari's thing, seeing how he's an archer and all..."
Ajax rubbed the back of his head where there was a mighty painful knot.
T^T Oww...
Why couldn't he had landed on a pillow instead of the floor?

Kanata crossed his arms over his chest and eyed the fire.
He didn't want to get fried either so he thought of a way to stifle the fire.
With a few flicks of his hand he felt a little power, but not enough to really do anything.
The guy hadn't eaten in a day and a half and since he'd used his power the previous day he was going to need a lot of food to get himself back to where he could do something.
He tried the door again and got it to budge slightly. Not enough.
"We need to get out of here."
He wasn't really joking.
Fire at oxygen and if there was no other way for it to enter again.

(bbl)

If that's the case...
Then they probably have an hour or so before the low oxygen level started bothering them.
Less if Ajax tried to use fire to melt away the snow around the door.
"Can't you just use your magic to move the snow...?
You did so yesterday..."
Yeah totally missing the 'haven't eaten' tidbit.
And is it hot in here or is it me?
Damnit Ajax, you set the cot on fire!
He squeaked and started beating at the flames. They went out after singing his eyebrows off.