Cats VS Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I'm part cat. For one, I'm lazy as all hell (because hell is notorious for being lazy, apparently). Plus, I meow a lot, like, so much so that I sometimes do it involuntarily. I've gotten so good at it that people will occasionally mistake my meows for an actual cat, which is kinda hilarious btw. My best friend is totally jealous too. :3 She's a cat furry and yet lacks my totally legit meowing skills.

Honestly though, both animals are pretty great. It's just a matter of people's experiences with each animal and which animal best fits with their lifestyle. I don't really believe that either one is better than the other, and I plan on getting both when I have my own place.

Cats ^^ I REALLY hate dogs. They are by far the most annoying animal in the world DX The worst part is, WE are why they are so annoying -.- We wanted cute dogs. Since they can't fight, all they can do is bark bark and BARK -.- Although I have a bias for husky's. They aren't loud and annoying, they're big and powerful, and basically all the good qualities of a dog, with almost none of the bad qualities. (For my personal preference)

Despite my hatred for dogs though, I somehow always feel bad for those dogs in terrible situations. As annoying as they are, they still deserve a good home and what nots.

Now to cats :D

There seems to be 3 different kinds of cats in the world (If you super generalize)
Outdoor cats. Pretty cool, though I can't pet due to an obnoxious smell they always seem to have -.-

A hybrid of indoor and outdoor (The cat I grew up with) Outdoor cat at heart who spends quite a bit of time outside and all aggressive and playful, though mainly an indoor cat with wanting to stay clean and stuff (Seriously, pet my cat, the first thing he will do is clean himself afterwards, he was quite the clean freak. I always found the poofy hair cheek thing to be a bit cheesy so I always tried to flatten the side hair of his face as I thought it looked better, but like a minute later it would return back to being poofy and stuff)

The indoor cat. ALL they want to do is meow and have attention. Not a fan of those cats, and neither is my mother. My mother chose my cat because the first thing he did was claw at her ankles XD Then my mom was like "A cat that's not all lovey dovey???? I need you o.o"

So as you can probably tell, i'm more of a cat person. Though I want to know the kind of dogs these one people in my neighborhood have. 2 big, white, puffy dogs who literally radiate happiness. I was kinda pissed off at a friend, I walk by these dogs, and suddenly i'm happy as can be. When I start smiling (Uncontrollably) I'm like "What in the world coulda caused that?" I look around and see these 2 dogs who are happy as can be just looking at me. That's the first time I truly understood why dogs are suggested for depressed and lonely people.

Both which causes fits of jealously from both my cat and my dog. I must pet them at the same time. xD

Cats ^^ I REALLY hate dogs. They are by far the most annoying animal in the world DX The worst part is, WE are why they are so annoying -.- We wanted cute dogs. Since they can't fight, all they can do is bark bark and BARK -.- Although I have a bias for husky's. They aren't loud and annoying, they're big and powerful, and basically all the good qualities of a dog, with almost none of the bad qualities. (For my personal preference)

Also, don't let your cats outdoors.

Seriously.

Free-ranging domestic cats have been introduced globally and have contributed to multiple wildlife extinctions on islands. The magnitude of mortality they cause in mainland areas remains speculative, with large-scale estimates based on non-systematic analyses and little consideration of scientific data. Here we conduct a systematic review and quantitatively estimate mortality caused by cats in the United States. We estimate that free-ranging domestic cats kill 1.3–4.0 billion birds and 6.3–22.3 billion mammals annually. Un-owned cats, as opposed to owned pets, cause the majority of this mortality. Our findings suggest that free-ranging cats cause substantially greater wildlife mortality than previously thought and are likely the single greatest source of anthropogenic mortality for US birds and mammals. Scientifically sound conservation and policy intervention is needed to reduce this impact.

While they make the distinction that most owned cats aren't the issue, and aren't responsible for the "majority" of killings, a minority of 7.6-26.3 billion animals is still an insane number.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
@Dervish
Yeah, big and powerful husky's XD

And I was talking about smaller dogs. Not the "Bark bark! I can eat yo face off!" But the "Yap! yap! I'm gonna knaw your toe!" I only really find the latter annoying.

I mean, if my cat was going around killing everything, then I wouldn't have let him outside in the first place. At first my cat did kill a few squirrels to give to us as he thought that we all had to work together/didn't want to be the only one not getting food. But we quickly taught him not to do that.

Like I said, he was an outdoor cat with all the good (Or my version of good) qualities of an indoor cat.

@Dervish
Yeah, big and powerful husky's XD

And I was talking about smaller dogs. Not the "Bark bark! I can eat yo face off!" But the "Yap! yap! I'm gonna knaw your toe!" I only really find the latter annoying.

I mean, if my cat was going around killing everything, then I wouldn't have let him outside in the first place. At first my cat did kill a few squirrels to give to us as he thought that we all had to work together/didn't want to be the only one not getting food. But we quickly taught him not to do that.

Like I said, he was an outdoor cat with all the good (Or my version of good) qualities of an indoor cat.

I think that's a Greenland dog, but yeah, you get the point. When a dog feels like it needs to guard property or family, they will absolutely risk their lives and attack pretty much anything. Even small, yappy dogs can be dangerous; they can easily puncture or tear skin if they were pushed to the right circumstances. Usually a dog will just stick to barking to ward off intruders and to warn the family, because they simply recognize most things as not true threats. My dog doesn't usually bark, unless it's night and he sees something move outside in the yard. Other than that, he's extremely quiet and well mannered.

As for the cat thing, chances are yours is fine, but unless you can say for certain it never leaves the yard and doesn't disappear for long periods, it's almost a certainty it's killed for fun. Most people who have outdoor cats don't know what their cats do outside, and that's kind of the collective problem that lead to multiple scientific journals calling domesticated cats one of the most devastating invasive species on the planet.

Just something to think about, just because your cat isn't presenting you its kills doesn't mean it might not still be doing it.

I am neither a dog or a cat person. I love them both equally. I do not have a goat on my lap.

I swear.

• Love
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Status
Not open for further replies.