Cat's Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HAVE NO FORGOTTEN ABOUT THIS. IT HAS AND IS A BUSY WEEK. >:(

same here, no worries

ARGH.

This did not turn out the way I hoped it would. I am unsure if thee concept itself is flawed, or if I am a bad person.

Feedback?

I do believe it would have worked far better with more people; I love the premise.

And I do apologise for my activity, or lack thereof; I have of late been heavily bogged down by commissions to the point where I can't even be active on my own site.

I am not sure if I got the idea across clearly, but I wanted a world where we all contributed in equal amounts. It was supposed to be storytelling with just enough of a game to keep people motivated. Perhaps I was not open enough with my plans? Were you feeling unwilling / timid / not sure of how to write? What did I do wrong?

The story itself was not the strongest. I need to work on that.

I was trying not to overstep my bounds, but by the time you clarified it was already too late and we were slipping into decay. If you were to attempt this again, I would specify that detail clearly at the start; and if you do, please let me know so I can join in again.

Hmm. We can try again. Most problematically, need some sort of compelling story. I figured that we could all just build up some cyberpunk kinda world, but that is too lazy. I also borrowed a lot from Altered Carbon.

I borrowed heavily from some corporatocracy worldbuilding I already did a while ago because I am lazy. Or, I would have done so to a greater extent, had we gone further. Whether or not we reboot is up to you.

I think I can try again with the same storyline. There should be something more, a bit of overaching plot we can use to tie most of these events together. I'll sleep on it.

Hola >:(

The concept still burns behind my head. But it seems that encouraging meaty posts may go counter to the mechanism, since frequent updates are needed to update wagered amounts. Thoughts?

At the risk of restricting mechanisms, you can divide "sessions" into "segments" where certain actions and writing styles are encouraged or required. For instance, starting off with narrative, moving to bidding, then a second narrative, revisions to bidding (withdrawals, increases, sabotage, etc), a third narrative, and then results. In-between sessions could be a 'break' period where players can take steps to further their own interests before the next round.

This is all I can think of on the spot, but I'll sleep on it and report any other ideas if I get more.

• Thank You
Reactions: unanun
Well I can't seem to think of any ideas that aren't somehow more complicated- though I haven't been getting the best sleep lately.

On another topic, what is Illium? I have failed to grasp its concept as many RP styles on this site are still very foreign to me.

Cats paw somewhat follows ilium in encouraged writing style. Ilium is more collab fiction than a RP, with a very compelling story. Feel free to check out the intro and the ooc!

I like your idea of story + game segments. I may try it again someday, will be quite busy this month though.

Oh christ it's like dropping a friend's Dungeon Master's Guide on the floor and happening to glance at the pages. Letters and pictures flashed before my eyes. Fragments of lost knowledge from worlds unseen. A pang of agony from within my skull. Illium will require more careful scrutiny.

Hahaha! One thing about ilium is that we have no rules. It's all about a good story.

But there is a lot of back story, that's the problem. Read the intro, code of conduct, then check out the synopsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.