Cat's Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent all this time developing my wonderful corporation, even found a video I can use as an ad campaign.

Reactions: unanun
That's .. pretty commendable .. o_o!

If we can get one more let's try, since two leads to binary decisions and that is kinda boring.

Should I ask around for people I know who might be interested?​

Last edited:
That would work!

Name: Charles Orange, CEO

Corporation: Orange GmbH

Personal:
-Wishes to expand into a bit more of the "riskier" pharmaceuticals
-Planning to expand into entertainment
-Bends the law frequently

Corporation specialty:
-Foodstuffs
-Pharmaceuticals
-"Knick-Knacks"

Other:
Orange is a corporation established some time ago, and has recently fallen into a bit of a slump, failing to market to the growing youth market. Currently they are trying to rebrand as a "hip new company ready to give Earth the tastiest meals and effective pharmaceuticals that they deserve." Another contributing factor in Orange's decline is their failure to follow the law. However, they afforded some extremely good lawyers and managed to get away with minimal damage.

You are welcome, pal.

Reactions: unanun
Haha! Okay, the key to making this work well will probably be lots of OoC discussion and feedback, since the concept is so 'soft'.

I'll try and get an opening post up on the weekend.

Alright, I'll get to work on a draft of my own introduction.

Woo! The IC is up. Chapter 1 come sometime. If you have ideas for an event, by all means toss em here.

Can I get a link? I have been working all day and am now too tired to dig around for it.

The IC and OoC are linked to each other - go to the first post and find the 'play' or 'signup' button in the top right.

I just put up a flavour introduction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, the numbers are chosen on the reasoning that 1 bill invested = 100 mill return for the smaller projects. You'll get your money back + 10% interest.

I'm unsure if we should disclose the amount gambled, since we're test running this. Thoughts?

Could you elaborate on the investment/returns?

Discussing the amount gambled could, with a larger and more varied playerbase, result in metagaming. On the other hand, not disclosing the amount gambled causes some serious problems with determining who actually wins each round.

At the end of the round all is revealed - I am wondering if we should reveal the amount currently invested with each post.

So if you gamble 100m and I gamble 80m, you win your money back + 10% = 110m.

I'd be find with revelation with each post; however I'd prefer to wait until all parties have made their bid before posting. Furthermore, I still have concerns with people fabricating their bid judging by available results. Perhaps if we were to all PM you our bids, and then the results posted by you?

Hmm. In principle, you should be able to change your bid each time you post - the ease of change should make things pretty tense. The idea is that by allowing change of bids, we should all converge to numbers that are pretty similar.

Perhaps a good rule would be you can only increase your bid. Game of chicken.

I'm trying to find a way that we can be fair when writing about bid <-> IC actions. For now, the best way is to just ask people to be fair, and use present day purchasing power as a guideline.

What I'll do, for this chapter at least, is have open bids for my company AGS, since the only thing they have is money. If there are some things your company can do to win the bids without openly putting forth money, do that too o_o

I don't think there are any at this time; but after another event or two we'll see. I don't care to go making drastic unwarranted decisions.

All right, now that we've all posted; I wagered a safe 120,000,000 or so req. on the repair of the mooring cable. At this point in time, UnityCorp merely wants possession of the cable for the purpose of providing funds. The bid on cleaning the impact area was viewed as a humanitarian venture, full of costs of materials and workforce, and was therefore overlooked.

I shall have something up today.

Haven't watched GitS in forever, so if there are references, it's my id talking ;)

Dude it's one of my favourite shows. UnityCorp's "cyberbrain" is basically stolen from it, as I'm sure you are already pretty aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.