Cats, Computers and Awkward

F

Fiasco

Original poster
Hi! I'm Fiasco~ But not without reason! There's a backstory there, I promise. Maybe if you get to know me, I'll tell you! But, fair warning: it's not that interesting of a backstory, and I'm fairly obnoxious so it's probably not worth your trouble.

Anywho! I'm no stranger to roleplaying, BBCode or writing; I came from a site very similar to Iwaku, actually! It's called RpNation. I was dragged here by a friend I met on that site a few years ago (@Quincunx). While I would've loved to make this post nice and pretty with some BBCode of my own, I have some more important things to take care of at the moment~ Like working on characters, so I can participate in some of the roleplays this site has to offer~ So forgive the slop, please! I promise not all my posts will look this noob-ish.

I've been roleplaying on-and-off since I was thirteen, and I have experience in many mediums~ Reading and storytelling has been a passion of mine for much longer, though, and that's really where I find myself having the most fun when it comes to roleplaying. I love making and reading intricate stories with total strangers! And I couldn't do that without learning to write decently, so I've been working on that for the past few years. I think I've done a pretty stellar job! I'll gladly accept any and all criticisms that don't involve my use of the tilde in OOC (that's off-limits~ sorry~~ (~~~~)), though! The more I can improve, the better.

So! The title~ I love cats more than life itself (I literally have one sleeping on my bed right behind me), my self-built computer is my pride and joy (just behind my cat, Boots), and I'm fairly socially inept when it comes to meeting new people~ It'll take a bit to get to know me, and, trust me, it's not worth it. As previously stated, I'm obnoxious.

And I disappear often! Sorry, it just happens~

So, that's me~ Now onto you, Iwaku! I've got some questions.
RPN had a private workshop for each account. Is that the case here? It seems like the 'testing' section of The Coding Lab takes the place of that, but before I make my own thread there I'd appreciate it if someone could confirm that I would be using the category correctly.
What's with the colors of people's names? What distinguishes red from orange from blue from teal?
I swear I had more questions... I must've forgotten. Whoops! I'll edit this post if they come back to me, but don't count on it~

Oh! And my pfp is hand-made by a friend of mine, by the way.

Hi Fiasco! Hope you have a nice time here; people here are super nice.

I'm gonna leave the question-answering to staff, because they're good at that. (Wait, I think a question in the "Newbie Questions" post of the FAQ answers the one about the username colors. RESOURCE Frequently Asked Questions Hope that's okay for me to share.)

Reactions: Fiasco
Welcome to Iwaku!

Looks like Quincunx is taking good care of you already, but if you need any help or have any questions unanswered in FAQs please ask! I'd be happy to help you out :D