Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox="X, purple, solid"]
Operative: X
Date: July 13, 2012
Target: Aimi Chiyoko (@Kitt)

"It certainly took you long enough," X said into his handset. He turned in his seat to rest his back against the car door, and swung his feet up into the passenger seat, with the center storage area in the bend of his knees. "Ms. Aimi Chiyoko... You have caught the attention of the agency for which I work."

He took another swig of strong alcohol from his flask before continuing. "I work for the United States government. You will likely have never heard of my agency, as it takes quite a high security clearance to even be allowed to know of our existence. We have need of your skills, Ms. Chiyoko.

"It is my understanding that you have great interest in the effects of the occult upon humanity. Is that correct?"[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="CRYPT, plum, solid"]
Operative: CRYPT
Target: Nikolai Luzchezke (@HellHoundWoof)

CRYPT's initial reaction was to yelp in surprise and leap to her feet. Nikolai was so quiet, she hadn't heard him at all. She was unaccustomed to being taken so completely by surprise like that, and it really caught her off guard. However, in the next second her martial arts training kicked in and she immediately took a defensive stance and began regulating her breathing, so that she would be prepared for anything that might happen.

"Yes, you can, Mr. Luzchezke," she said, having regained her calm. "I'm actually very glad that you came to speak with me. It saves me a lot of trouble. As you can probably tell, I am not exactly the outdoorsy type."

Cautiously, keeping one eye on her target, she bent down to get the bag that she had brought with her. "I have something for you. I'm not really supposed to give it to you in person, but I didn't have much confidence in my ability to sneak it into your camp while you were away, anyway. Would you be willing to sit down and speak with me for a while?"[/fieldbox]

ghost_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3m04.gif
CORIX
ghost_mini_pixel_by_gasara-d5p3m04.gif

| Status: Healthy |
|
OOC: A lot of this is just Aimi going on about certain cults. I would appreciate if you read it because I did actual research on them but you don't have to if you don't want to!! Her response to X's inquiry is the last paragraph. Sorry about that! Also, I'll always put a little note this in the header if something like this happens, just so you guys know!

"It certainly took you long enough," A gruff male voice crackled through the handset, causing the girl to jump a bit, before reaffirming her grip on the walkie-talkie and holding it up to her ear as the man continued, "Ms. Aimi Chiyoko…" How does he know my name? "You have caught the attention of the agency for which I work." Aimi's eyes widened. Ooh. Now, this isn't something she planned for. Hopefully this was more than just an insurance agency trying to hire her or something.

"I work for the United States government. You will likely have never heard of my agency, as it takes quite a high security clearance to even be allowed to know of our existence. We have need of your skills, Ms. Chiyoko." At this point, Aimi was (slightly) shaking with excitement. So many things to comprehend on three simple sentences; United States government. Never heard of the agency. High security clearance. They need me. The girl frowned for a moment. But... why me?

"It is my understanding that you have great interest in the effects of the occult upon humanity. Is that correct?" This inquiry caused the entire train of thought in Aimi's mind to derail. Oh, they found her blog. And here she thought that she was essentially yelling out into the void. She quickly began shuffling the papers around on her desk, looking for something specific to refer to.

"Uh, y-yes, I do. More specifically, I enjoy cults greatly.. Especially doomsday cults. There's plenty of psychological evidence, supporting mental illness is behind most all doomsday cults, but.. I believe there's something more behind it." She cleared her throat, finally finding the paper that she was searching for.

"One such group is the Los Narco-Satanicos.. While they weren't a doomsday group, they were comprised of a bunch of Mexican drug dealers, led by Adolfo Constanzo, who they referred to as El Padrino de Matamoros, or Lord of Matamoros." Flipping the page over to the other side, she continued, "They believed that sacrificing humans by boiling their brains in a black cauldron full of human blood would magically shield them from being arrested. While this seems like some kind of drug-produced fantasy, you have to admit.. Where would one come up with such a concept? I think there's gotta be some kind of, uh, higher power involved. Something unnatural. Supernatural, if you will. Or, as you put it, occult."

Grabbing another sheet from the disorderly pile on her desk, the girl continued on, her enthusiasm now quite audible. "There's also all kinds of information about possessions and people being influenced by supernatural entities, like the Amityville Horror, and--" Aimi frowned and put the papers down. "I.. apologize if I overloaded you with information there. I get a little carried away. But, yes. I'm, uh, pretty interested in that, as you can see. And I've done loooots of research on it. You probably know that as well." She huffed, then picked up the business card and began to fiddle with it absentmindedly.

"So, if I may ask; what do you want from me?"

[fieldbox="QUSTN, red, solid"]
Operative: QUSTN
Target: Stephen Fawkes (@ASharedNarrative)

QUSTN hung up the receiver with a grumble when it abruptly stopped ringing and blared an obnoxious dial tone into her ear. That was probably the least appealing feature of landline phones, in her opinion, even more than the fact that they tied you up in one place for the entire duration of your call. She was hovering her hand over the receiver, waiting for the appropriate amount of time to pass before she called back, when it started to... ring?

"Oh no."

The call hadn't disconnected. He rejected it. She had completely lost her only advantage, the element of surprise, and he''d turned it around on her. How the hell was she gonna get herself out of this one? There was nothing to do at this point but answer.

She took the handset out of the cradle and he began to speak before she had even brought it all the way to her ear.

"I obviously have your attention, if you're calling me on this number from that phone. You have my attention now. You also have ten minutes to convince me not to disappear off the grid immediately after I doxx you and whoever you work for."

She groaned audibly and sat on the floor against the wall, compulsively twirling the phone cord around her fingers. "Ten minutes? Ughhh. I dunno if I can explain this whole thing in ten minutes... Gonna give it the old college try, I guess.

"Well, first of all, I'm QUSTN. That's pronounced like 'question', spelled Q-U-S-T-N. It's an acronym, I'll explain that later. Obviously I know that you're Stephen Fawkes. It's, uh, nice to meet you, I guess, though these aren't exactly ideal circumstances.

"Uhm, let me just, like, make it clear to begin with that neither I nor the people I work for intend you any harm whatsoever. We need your help. It's just that I work for the government and everything has to be needlessly complicated with them for whatever reason, so I'm absolutely not supposed to be talking to you on the phone right now. I just... This isn't my strong point. I don't know why they assigned me to recruit you. I'm good at finding info in the research library and shooting bad guys, not... whatever this is. And everybody else on this mission got assigned to simple, easy people with an easily established routine. Today is the day that i'm supposed to establish contact with you and start you in our training program, and I just couldn't think of another way to do it. I followed you around for a week and you never did the same thing twice, and you were always like an hour ahead of me.

"Look, I'm sorry I'm in your house. If it makes you feel better I am almost definitely gonna be in trouble when the bosses figure out what I did. Can you just... hear me out? And not pull a disappearing act? That would be awesome."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="D, plum, solid"]
Operative: D
Target: Kyoya Yamato (@Jihae)

D saw his target enter the building. He saw the look of mild confusion when he found the door unlocked. Good, he thought. He's noticed something's amiss, so he'll search the house pretty thoroughly. I give him about five minutes before he finds the package.

Not the type to pussyfoot around, D had no intention of waiting 'about' five minutes. There was no room for 'give or take' in his worldview. At five minutes from the moment Kyoya entered the building, down to the second, D picked up his radio, hit the page button to hopefully get his target's attention, and began speaking.

"Hello, Kyoya. Please pick up your radio."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="ODYS, gray, solid"]
Operative: ODYS
Target: Matthew Fredricks (@TragicTrees)

"Matty? That's even cuter!" She took her thumb off of the button and scolded herself. She couldn't be telling her trainee that he was cute. That just didn't set the stage for the proper respectful relationship. "Uh, anyway. Initiation begins today! You see the card and the little black cube in your box? Those are the tools you'll need to get your training going. And don't worry, there's no hazing. Training is pretty tough, but everyone's really nice."

"So, let's get started, shall we?"[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="X, purple, solid"]
Operative: X
Target: Aimi Chiyoko (@Kitt)

X listened intently with his eyes closed, his flask in hand, and the radio propped on his knee, as she spoke, nodding to himself. It was both surprising and pleasant that she was willing and able to dispense such information at the drop of a hat.

"I.. apologize if I overloaded you with information there. I get a little carried away."

He scowled and sat up abruptly, knocking the radio to the floor of the car by accident. Someone, at some point in this young woman's life, had made her feel ashamed of speaking passionately about her interests, and that simply would not do. Not only because they needed to harness that passion of hers, but also because there was nothing shameful in wanting to learn and share your passions with others.

"So, if I may ask; what do you want from me?"

He leaned down to scoop up the radio, and depressed the button to speak to her again. "Well, Miss Chiyoko, you have already more than proved your competency at research. We would like to teach you to utilize that research in a way that will better the world." Wrapped up in his thoughts, he accidentally let slip more information about himself than he intended. "In fact, I'm sure my boyfriend would be able to help you with that. He would be very interested in your field of stu-" he stopped abruptly, realizing what he was saying, and cleared his throat.

"What I mean to say, is that my agency is facing a significant upcoming threat, and we need capable, talented individuals to help us combat it. To this end, we've enacted a draft to get individuals with the kinds of talents we're looking for into our intensive training program. You are one of our selected draftees, Miss Chiyoko. Your training begins today. I am here to help walk you through it."[/fieldbox]

((yooo that reply was AMAZING! <3))

[fieldbox="TCTC, lightblue, solid"]
Operative: TCTC
Target: Godwin Orozco (@Pray4me)

"Goddamnit, kid. I do not want to do this the hard way. 'N neither do you, fer that matter..."

He turned the dial on his radio to a different channel. "'Ey boss. I got a runner. Gonna engage."[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Virgil, green, solid"]
Operative: Virgil

Virgil, the one and only CATALYST Operative without a codename, was sitting at a desk in the Communications office which was covered in audio equipment. The room was dim, making the various lights on the instrument panels all the more noticeable. one of the dedicated microchannels for the field agents lit up. He grasped his glasses, where the hung from a thin, delicate chain around his neck, and held them up to his eyes to read the frequency that was coming in.

TCTC... He flipped the switch to allow the audio channel to feed into his headphones. "A runner? Oh dear." He clicked his tongue in distaste. How he hated to have to resort to violence in these situations. "Very well, then, TCTC. Do as you must. I was very much hoping to avoid any personal engagements during this mission, but I suppose there is no sure way to prepare for what people may do under duress. Do be careful, though. And... try not to hurt him too badly."[/fieldbox][fieldbox="TCTC, lightblue, solid"]

"No problema, big guy. I brought the beanbag gun this time, just in case. TCTC out."

TCTC was a champion of Cowboy Action Shooting, also known as Cowboy 3-Gun. It was called that because it involved being able to switch between, and expertly shoot, three different types of single-action guns: the pistol, the rifle, and the shotgun. TCTC had spent much of his life learning to treat those weapons as an extension of his own body. He didn't need to so much as think to hit what he was aiming at. No one could outshoot him, at least not with the classic firearms that he used. He figured that maybe, maybe, someone might get the draw on him with, say, an Uzi.

After the quick call to his mission leader, he knew he didn't have much time left to act. He grabbed his shotgun, which he'd preloaded with beanbag pellets (not deadly, but would cause some pretty nasty bruises, like a paintball gun on steroids) and nimbly leapt down from the balcony, safely rolling and getting back on his feet in one fluid motion, and sprinted, full force, toward Godwin's home. He got there just as his target was opening the door.

He whipped the gun up into firing position, cocked it, and leveled it at Godwin's stomach before the man had any chance to react.

"Now, boy, I ain't in the business of hurtin' people. In fact, I'm in the business of helpin' people. But if I gotta knock you on your ass to get you to stop makin' a damn fool o' yourself, don't you think fer a minute that I won't. This thing ain't loaded with shot. It's nonlethal. But I guarantee you that you'd rather go through yer trainin' exercises without bruised innards. I done told you yer drafted. You ain't got a choice. Even if you refuse to go through trainin' proper, I'll just knock yer fool ass out and carry you where yer meant to go.

"Now, would you like to reconsider doin' this the easy way?"[/fieldbox]

((In case you wanna know how ridiculous TCTC's accent is, he sounds quite a bit like this guy:
))

Reactions: Pray4me
Matthew Fredricks
PIP

"Oh, yes. Okay. Cube. Card. Got it, duly noted and all that fun stuff." Matty replied, nodding even though the woman he was talking to couldn't see him. Then, after a pause, he continued, this time a little confused "Alllright, what the hell do I do with these though? It's.....a cube and a box. Is this a cipher or something? Do I have to decode and all that? Because I'm not quite sure how good I am at decoding." He grimaced a little, leaning back in a more relaxed position "Never tried it. I did own a 'Spyology' book when I was bit younger, though. Read, not owned. Correction! It was my nephews. But who cares, right? I just need a little more information on what I'm supposed to do here."

CRYPT's initial reaction was to yelp in surprise and leap to her feet. Nikolai was so quiet, she hadn't heard him at all. She was unaccustomed to being taken so completely by surprise like that, and it really caught her off guard. However, in the next second her martial arts training kicked in and she immediately took a defensive stance and began regulating her breathing, so that she would be prepared for anything that might happen.

"Yes, you can, Mr. Luzchezke," she said, having regained her calm. "I'm actually very glad that you came to speak with me. It saves me a lot of trouble. As you can probably tell, I am not exactly the outdoorsy type."

Cautiously, keeping one eye on her target, she bent down to get the bag that she had brought with her. "I have something for you. I'm not really supposed to give it to you in person, but I didn't have much confidence in my ability to sneak it into your camp while you were away, anyway. Would you be willing to sit down and speak with me for a while?"[/fieldbox]
Operative: HOUND

Nikolai eyed the woman, she was naturally surprised. He wanted to smile about it but it was rare that anyone came this far out to see him. What made it weirder was that she moved into a combat stance, controlling her breathing as well. He almost laughed, did she expect him to fight some little woman in a hijab? She said his name, formally. 'Government', He thought. She bent down and grabbed a bag from the ground, saying she wasnt supposed to deliver it in person. He was ready to make a move at her if she drew anything from the bag, or from her hip quickly. She asked if he wanted to speak and he slowly began walking towards her.

"Sure, my camp is just a little ways that way," He said pointing behind her, "I hope you're not here to kill me because it'll be difficult."

Godwin Orozco

He took in a sharp breath, catching a quick glimpse of the gun digging into his stomach. Dark eyes glared intently at the man, brows furrowing low, but face completely still. Godwin showed zero reaction to the threat the man told. Everything that was said flew past Godwin's ear. All Godwin could focus on was the gun and how normal it felt against him.

Protesting, rallying, a group of people with opposite opinion of the mass majority meeting up, all had a single thing in common. The presence of those in power waving guns in almost a silent attempt to change their opinions to those more popular. No matter the meeting, if violent or peaceful, police, guards, security, anyone licensed to carry a gun will arrive and for some reason, focus on Godwin's people than those surrounding who yelled in disagreement and hatred. It was Godwin's people who needed the protection from the ongoing shouts and swears, the trash sometimes thrown at them, and even something as vile as spitting.

Each rally, Godwin made sure to weed out the anarchist, the thugs, any negative influence that would prompt his meetup to go wrong. He did everything to lessen police attention, but no matter what he did, they always showed up with their guns to keep him and his group in line. He had a love/hate relationship with the police. They were needed, but their ways of handling a situation and the constant profiling kept Godwin from giving them more respect than they deserved. Many always argued with Godwin about the police, saying he was just seeing things in the wrong light, that none of the profiling was real and the police were just determining what was the safest way to protect everyone. Godwin knew sometimes that was true, but for him, it never was.

Godwin stood in front of the man for several minutes, lips pressed tightly together. Slowly, he raised his hands to behind his head, interlocking his fingers as the package he was carrying dropped hard onto the floor. Instinctively, he turned his back to the gun, after being told many, many times in the past to do so.

The only sound that came from Godwin was a low sigh.

Stephen Fawkes
Date: 2012-July-13

Stephen pinched the bridge of his nose and held it as he closed his eyes against the beginnings of a stress headache. Not the kind of stress headache that people suffer from as a regular malady, but the kind of stress headache that comes from dealing with people who are, at its most polite, not suited to their roles. He sighed quietly before addressing Question, because he sure wasn't going to address an acronym.

"First, 'Whatever this is,' would probably best be described as something along the lines of 'asset recruitment and management.' I'm the asset. That makes you my handler, assuming you successfully recruit me."

It wasn't a prank. There was no background laughter, and it was obvious she wasn't suppressing any of her own. That meant it had to be if not legitimate, at least sincere. Her defeated body language said that, and it was obvious enough without training that would come from being some kind of government agent. The question that nagged him was what kind of government agency sent this kind of government agent into the field. Stephen was hardly trained in the arts of espionage, but this felt like amateur hour, even to him.

Two possibilities went through the man's mind: this was not a government agency, but someone who had convinced this poor girl that she was, or they were playing some kind of three-dimensional chess meant to throw him off his game. It wouldn't be unheard of to think that they were trying to prevent him from being suspicious by sending someone who wasn't acting suspiciously, but that would only serve to make him even more suspicious... and so the cycle would go. That was not a road Stephen would let himself go down, because it was too absurd, and easy enough to dismiss as a movie plot device.

...paranoia is healthy in small doses. Simplest answer fits: she is an agent of something, or has been convinced that she is...

Stephen would play on her terms, and to her expectations. He'd obviously developed a reputation somewhere, despite taking pains to prevent gaining a reputation as himself, instead of any persona designed to leak documents through. Dead drops, screen names, and anonymous accounts were supposed to be getting the attention instead of him. Someone has either been very good, he surmised, of he'd been very careless somewhere.

"I'm sorry I've been so hard to track down. My... work keeps me on something of a circuit through the region. I'm on my way in tonight, though, and should be back in town in roughly four to five hours. Pick a public space, and a time, and then text me. I'll show up and listen to your pitch, as long as I don't smell anyone else around. If things fall out like you say, we'll do something face to face."

For a government agent, nothing about her appeared very governmental, or very threatening. It was the only thing that made him feel safe enough to meet her, even in public, and speak with her. Standing up, he started dropping the tablets into their sleeves, and shutting his laptop before dropping that into its own bag -- the food trash would stay there, bussed later by some poor wage slave who certainly deserved more than he was getting here, but the labor practices and living wage infodump was still weeks from being complete, at a minimum -- and zipping it closed.

Stephen closed his eyes and took a deep breath, as he shouldered all his bags, knowing in advance it was the worst thing (for him) to ask someone in her position of coming to request for help, but he did it anyway, as he walked out to his car and threw his bags into the trunk.

"Do you have any more questions?"

He looked twice at the small lockbox that had been pushed to the back of his trunk space. Once he crossed the border to Indy, he'd take out and load the small target pistol, and tuck it into his concealed holster. Depending on who you argued with, it wasn't a gun that would stop anything. Stephen wagered, if bad came to worse, it would stop someone like Question in her tracks, without ever having to pull the trigger.

It was never an option he'd considered before, as the thing had only ever been for recreation at the range. A government agency, allegedly, had his name, his home, and knowledge of what he's been up to. Stakes had just been raised beyond where Stephen was usually comfortable, and this was one way to balance the scales in case those stakes became too disparate. He still didn't like the idea, though, and closed the trunk on the case and that line of thought, until he had to address it at the border.

• Love
Reactions: Ezikeel

Reluctantly, she relaxed from her stance and returned her breathing to normal. She didn't think that she was in too much danger from Mr. Luchezke, but she would keep her guard up, anyway, as a precaution.

"Oh, no, not at all!" she said, laughing a bit. "I'm not here to cause you any trouble, Mr. Luchezke." She stepped back and to the side, to allow him to walk past her without fully turning her back on him. "But we can discuss why I am here at your camp. Do you have means to make tea?" she asked, patting her pocket. "I have some tea leaves and dried herbs if you would be interested."

CRYPT really, honestly enjoyed tea- perhaps the brewing of it even more than the drinking. When she had first started at CPIRA, she had bonded with LITE over their shared love of tea. LITE was a botanist, who maintained a large and lovely garden at CPIRA headquarters, and the two of them took great joy in creating tea blends from the herbs that she grew. [/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="ODYS, gray, solid"]
Operative: ODYS
Target: Matthew Fredricks (@TragicTrees)

"Not a cipher exactly, no... More of a puzzle, I guess?" she said, cocking her head to one side thoughtfully, though there was no one around to see her do it. "Actually, I think this is where I'm supposed to let my mission director take over." She held her handset out in front of her and located the button to patch Virgil into their frequency.

"Okay, boss! This is ODYS reporting in! Mr. Fredricks is ready to begin the C.O.V.E.R.T. program!"[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Virgil, green, solid"]
Operative: Virgil

"Very good. Welcome, Matthew, to CATALYST. I am Virgil." He steepled his fingers in front of him on the desk. He was pleased to finally have an OIT checking in. It seemed that things were finally going to begin to get interesting. "You've done well, ODYS. You're the first pair to check in. I expected no less of you." She didn't respond, but he knew that she was beaming with pride. ODYS was one who responded very well to positive reinforcement. "Matthew, you are very lucky to be working with one of the most talented and experienced Operatives in our agency. Now, about your training..."

"If you have not already, ODYS, please proceed with direct contact. It will be easier to give instructions if you are there to offer live support. Matthew, I will be walking you through the first phase of your training from here at Headquarters. You and ODYS will be using the card that you have been provided to proceed to a designated location, where you will activate your QUBE. From there you will be taken to a training facility, along with your fellow Operatives In Training. Are you ready to begin? [/fieldbox]

Reluctantly, she relaxed from her stance and returned her breathing to normal. She didn't think that she was in too much danger from Mr. Luchezke, but she would keep her guard up, anyway, as a precaution.

"Oh, no, not at all!" she said, laughing a bit. "I'm not here to cause you any trouble, Mr. Luchezke." She stepped back and to the side, to allow him to walk past her without fully turning her back on him. "But we can discuss why I am here at your camp. Do you have means to make tea?" she asked, patting her pocket. "I have some tea leaves and dried herbs if you would be interested."

CRYPT really, honestly enjoyed tea- perhaps the brewing of it even more than the drinking. When she had first started at CPIRA, she had bonded with LITE over their shared love of tea. LITE was a botanist, who maintained a large and lovely garden at CPIRA headquarters, and the two of them took great joy in creating tea blends from the herbs that she grew. [/fieldbox]

"I have a kettle at camp," Nikolai said as he and the woman made his way back to his campsite. When they arrived Nikolai sat back where he had been earlier and checked on his rice. He saw an ant crawling up the side of the tupperware container and flicked it away from his meal. The fish in the pan had blackened around the edges but was still edible. He grabbed the pan handle in one hand and held the tupperware to the lip of the pan. He angled the pan and then shook it so the fish fell into the tupperware and mixed with the rice. He set the pan over the fire once again and searched for the lid to his tupperware. He stood and found it under where he had been sitting. He brushed it off and closed it over his breakfast.

"So what is it you're doing out here Mrs..." He said leaving the sentence unfinished as he shook the tupperware container in his hand as he walked over to his travel pack. He unfastened a few straps and found the kettle, then continued to look through it until he found a canteen. He shook it and heard sloshing in it. He walked back over to the fire with canteen in hand and kettle hung around his arm. He set the canteen down and slid the kettle down off of his wrist and on the fire. He picked up the canteen and unscrewed it's lid. He poured the water into the top of the kettle and let it boil.

@Ezikeel

[fieldbox="TCTC, lightblue, solid"]

TCTC stood there for several long moments, facing off with his target, unable to tell what was going on in his mind. Then, suddenly, the package dropped to the ground, hopefully unharmed, and Godwin turned away with his hands behind his head, as though this were a raid and TCTC were the police. That... that was not what he had intended. That was NOT what he wanted, at all.

Suddenly ashamed of himself, TCTC dropped the gun with a disgusted grunt, as though it were a snake. He stripped off one of his gloves with his teeth as he scooped the package off the ground. That gave him all the info he needed about what had been going through Godwin's head, and he felt like approximately the biggest asshole to have ever lived.

"Aw fuck, kid... I weren't tryin' to hurt you none, I just can't have you runnin', and-" He stopped abruptly. "No, that ain't gonna do.

Look, Mr. Orozco," he said, because Godwin was definitely not a child, and this was not the time to be condescending to anyone. "The place I work for, we've got all kinds o' people. It's somethin' we pride ourselves on." He paused, tentatively putting a hand on Godwin's shoulder and fully expecting to get punched in the face. He figured he'd deserve it if he did. "An' because o' that, I shoulda thought 'bout how people like you get shot at by people like me a lot, and not pointed a goddamn gun at you. I ain't usually the type o' person they send on jobs like these. I do the kinds o' jobs where you shoot first and ask questions later, and I ain't normally handlin' civillians."

He sighed. This was one massive fuckup, and he was definitely gonna be hearing about it from ROC. "I overreacted, and I'm sorry. I ain't gonna point anymore guns at you. Can we start over?"[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: MUSΞ
Godwin Orozco

Godwin slowly lowered his hands from his head as the man spoke, but kept them held tightly behind his back. He listened intently, holding his breath to take in every word the man spoke, his turning head to the side when feeling the tentative hand rest on his shoulder. When the man stopped speaking, Godwin could feel through the man's hand that of sincere apology and regret. Godwin glanced back at the man, brows relaxing, and took in a deep breath.

"No," he answered to the apology.

His let his arms fall to the side and raised his head, turning his body to face the man. It was the first time Godwin got a good look of the man and just by only appearance he believed this was a man who never thought about the other person he was pursuing. The man said he was the type to 'shoot first and ask questions later'. The type of people Godwin always seemed to attract.

But, there was that apology that couldn't be ignored. Out of everyone, this man was the only one who gave a true apology. Godwin had to give the man that bit of credit. From the man's look, how he avoided looking at the gun, maybe this was the lesson he needed to change his ways. Godwin could only hope next time, the man would speak before raising a gun, especially towards someone who showed no threat.

The change wouldn't be with Godwin though.

"There's no point in 'starting over'. You did your job the way you were taught. Your goal was accomplished. You have my attention," Godwin knocked the man's hand from his shoulder, his hand tightening into a fist as he stared down the man. "Fuck you for disrespecting me in my own house."

It was the best the man was going to get from Godwin. While the apology wasn't accepted, Godwin wasn't the type to hold grudges. The incident was mostly swept under the rug according to Godwin, but it didn't mean he was going to happily follow the man's commands. Not only did Godwin still have no clue who the man was, who he worked for, or where he was planning on taking him, but any sort of trust that could have formed between the two was severed. Godwin purely saw the man as an aggressive authority figure that spoke with weapons instead words.

"I'm not going to run off. You caught me. Let's go," Godwin shoulder-bumped the man firmly, relaxing his fist as he made his way to the porch. "Take me to my holding cell or wherever the fuck you're taking me."

Closing his eyes, Godwin took several deep breaths of the dusty Central Californian air, unsure of what to expect. If others were like this man, Godwin knew he wasn't going to be a good cadet. He hated a lot of things, but top of his list was being disrespected and challenged for power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ezikeel
[fieldbox="QUSTN, red, solid"]
Operative: QUSTN
Target: Stephen Fawkes (@ASharedNarrative)

She thanked whatever powers that may be that there was no way he could see her blush through his security cameras. She hated having him explain her job to her. It wasn't as though this was a normal part of business for them or anything. She'd never had to do any of this "asset management", as he put it, and she didn't much care for it anyway. She was a simple woman, and much preferred reading books or punching things. Those were her strengths, and she was perfectly willing to admit that she was mostly useless outside of those areas. The guy didn't need to rub it in, though.

She perked up a bit when he said that he'd agree to meet her, though.
"Pick a public space, and a time, and then text me. I'll show up and listen to your pitch, as long as I don't smell anyone else around."

That was great news! Maybe she hadn't fucked up as bad as she thought, after all. He was at least willing to give her a shot, so the mission was at least not a complete failure.

"Oh, gosh! Thank you for giving me a chance, Mr. Fawkes! Um, I don't think I have any other questions right now... Hmm... I saw a Denny's on my way into town. On State Road 26, I think? It's open 24 hours, so I think that would be a good place to meet, if that's okay with you?"[/fieldbox]

She sat daintily by the fire, not minding getting her dress a little dirty. She'd had much worse things than dirt on her clothes in the course of her work. It was rather enjoyable to watch him go about his business. He was clearly quite capable of taking care of himself. He didn't seem to be aggressive, or terribly threatening, though he was certainly large enough to do some damage if he decided to put up a fight, but she allowed herself to relax and let her guard down a bit. She was looking around the camp idly, her mind wandering, when he finally spoke to her.

"Why, I was looking for you, Mr. Luchezke. And you may call me CRYPT. It's not my real name, of course, but it's what I'm called." She smiled pleasantly at him while he gathered things to brew the tea, and fished a little bundle of loose tea leaves wrapped in muslin cloth from her pack, which she held out for him to take. "There's white tea, thyme, calendula, lemon balm, and lavender in that one, all from my friend's garden," she said.

"This might sound pretty far-fetched... But then you spend a lot of time in the wilderness, so maybe not, to you. I work for an agency which hunts monsters, and tries to protect people from them. We're very understaffed for... something that is coming, and we're trying to recruit a bunch of new people to prepare for it. You're on our shortlist of capable people who would make good additions to our team, Mr. Luchezke."[/fieldbox]

Nikolai looked at the woman as she handed him the tea leaves, he set the small muslin sack aside as the water boiled and sat down where he had before. She mentioned monsters and he almost chuckled, being a man who spent as much time out here as he did he'd seen things he couldnt explain but monsters hardly seemed the explanation.

"So CRYPT like the thing people put bodies in. I'm supposed to just uproot my life and follow you to go hunt monsters with some secret government agency?" Nikolai asked on the verge of laughter.

Something crossed his mind and he understood why she was seeking him out. He seemed qualified. As far any of the public knew he was just a regular camping nut. She knew about what he could do. He stood and stared her down.

"How long have your people been watching me?" He asked a dangerous tone in his voice, "How long have you known about my special skills?"

@Ezikeel

Status
Not open for further replies.