Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ezikeel

"...Can you hear me...?"
[btn=mode|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/catalyst-ooc-and-signups.144702/|self]OOC / Signup[/btn][btn=mode|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/catalyst-welcome-to-the-c-o-v-e-r-t-program.144858/|self]IC[/btn]
coaFjuN.gif

"Good evening, and welcome to the premier broadcast of the COVERT Program."
"...
That is, the CATALYST Operative Vital Education and Required Training Program-- COVERT for short. We're happy to have you tuning in.
Though, if you are listening to this broadcast right now, you've already been drafted into our organization and don't really have a choice in the matter. You may not remember the drafting process; in which case your memories of it were bound to compromise this organization and were therefore summarily cleaned.
You may even believe that you chose to listen to this broadcast of your own free will; but while you'll find, as a member of CATALYST, that most phenomena unexplained by science are true, free will is, in fact, a myth."

[fieldbox="Meta Information, red, solid"]
The CATALYST Paranormal Investigation and Research Agency, or CPIRA for short, is a government organization (much like the CIA or FBI). They perform the important work of mitigating supernatural threats to the general populace of the United States, and eliminating anything that directly threatens national security.

When they receive word of an impending threat which they are not staffed to handle, they are given permission to enact a draft. They are looking for people who have one great, all-consuming passion in their lives, as that passion generates a kind of energy which attracts the paranormal. Using the resources they have at hand as a secret government organization, they are able to pinpoint these people and get all the pertinent information about their lives.

The COVERT program is an intensive form of training that CATALYST uses to get the completely uninitiated up to speed in the shortest amount of time, and with the least amount of hassle possible.

Their first challenge will be making their way to CPIRA HQ, while receiving instructions by way of radio. If they fail to obey instructions, a senior Operative will be nearby to offer "encouragement," as they have been drafted and their participation in the program is mandatory.

All Operatives start out as mundane humans, though they may have psychic or magical powers. They may possibly gain a supernatural nature over the course of the story.

You must fill out an Operative Data Sheet for each character. (You can have up to three characters, if you'd like.) In your Data Sheet, you have to choose a preferred Department for your Operative to work in once they complete their training. You can find info about Departments in the Handbook.

You also need to choose a skillset for your Operative. You can find info about skillsets in the Data Sheet template below. Each basic skillset has three specializations. Your Operative can specialize in up to four areas. If you would like, you can be more specific with your specializaitons. For example, if your character uses hand-to-hand combat, you can list what type of martial art they use.

If you choose a compound skillset (such as Physical + Mental), you have to choose at least one specialization from each category.
For this RPG I'm looking for players who are at least Intermediate or Adept, though I'm willing to make allowances for lower skill levels if you're willing to learn and work hard.

Since this is a group RP, I would like at least two posts per week, more if you are able. If you're going to be unavailable for an extended time, let me know and I can work out a convenient, in-game way for your character to be absent for that time.
This game is going to frequently have high stakes, and you may have characters die. I'm not the kind of GM to kill off your characters for no reason, and I'll do my best to never put them in an unwinnable situation, but there is always the risk of screwing up at a key moment. Just be vigilant. And remember that if you DO lose a character, you can always make another.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Character Creation, red, solid"]

To create a CATALYST Operative-in-training, you'll need to fill out an Operative Data Sheet, as found below:

SECTION ONE: IDENTITY
PREFERRED NAME: ________________________________________________________
TERM OF ADDRESS: ________________________________________________________
PRONOUNS: ________________________________________________________
SECTION TWO: POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF CHOICE: __________________________________________________
PRIMARY INTEREST: __________________________________________________
CODENAME: __________________________________________________

[Codenames should be between one and five characters long. They should be acronyms which represent an aspect of something which you are passionate about. Choose something you are comfortable being called by. Never discuss your True Name with anyone but an Administrator.]
SECTION THREE: SKILLSET
SKILLSET ORIENTATION: (Check One)
[ ]PHYSICAL (Hand-to-Hand combat, Melee- or Ranged-Weapons Specialty)
[ ]MENTAL (Telepathy [Mind vs. Mind], Psychokinesis [Mind vs. Matter], or Psychosomasis [Mind vs. Body])
[ ]OCCULT (Arcane Magic, Clerical Magic / Miracles, or Alchemy)
[ ]SUPPORT (Medical / Healing, Augmentation, or Degradation)
[ ]PHYSICAL + MENTAL
[ ]PHYSICAL + OCCULT
[ ]PHYSICAL + SUPPORT
[ ]MENTAL + OCCULT
[ ]MENTAL + SUPPORT
[ ]OCCULT + SUPPORT
[ ]BALANCED

SKILLSET SPECIALIZATION: (List up to Four Specializations from your Skillset Category)

Once you've filled out all the necessary information, you can submit it here in this thread. After i've approved it, I'll make you an official Operative Documentation sheet. You can see how these look further down in the thread.
Also, if you have a picture of your Operative, feel free to include that, as well.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Example Operative Data Sheets, red, solid"]
Pref. Name: [BCOLOR=#ff0000]REDACTED[/BCOLOR]
ToA: Mr.
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Department Choice: Conduction
Interest: Literature
Codename: ROC [Redefining Our Conscience]
Skillset: Balanced
Specializations: Ranged, Telepathy, Arcane, Augmentation
ToA: Mx.
Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs
Department Choice: Conservation
Interest: Cryptography
Codename: CRUX [Create Ruses Until (Variable)]
Skillset: Balanced
Specializations: Melee, Psychosomasis, Arcane, Degradation
ToA: Ms.
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Department Choice: Chronicles
Interest: Astrology
Codename: SERAF [Seer Engaged in Recognizing Arc Formations]
Skillset: Occult
Specializations: Arcane, Clerical, Alchemical
[/fieldbox]

nL85fck.png
[/hr][/hr]

Last edited:
Reactions: :Cosmic:
It's really no worries for me. Sounds like life has been super chaotic for you. Idk how anyone could concentrate on rps during all that! I had a feeling life must have suddenly gotten super busy with the rp slowing. Was just about to check in on the OOC to see if everything was alright.

Glad to see the rp will pick up again! But, again no worries if life gets busy~ A simple check in by you, or anyone, in the OOC is really all I need to know that the rp hasn't died. @Ezikeel

• Love
Reactions: Ezikeel
It's totally fine!! Life gets pretty hectic at times. Post at your own rate and make sure you don't overload yourself!

latest

TCTC in his final form

Last edited:
  • Love
All is well. Just keep us updated.

I don't mind gaps in game time, as long as I can know it's going to happen.

We're cool.

I am personally falling behind, I've got allot of shit going on right now. Really rough time figuring out what life is at the moment.

I expect to post tomorrow, after standard business hours, Chicago-time, to the latest prompt I have out there.

I'm a liar and a horrible human being.

Tomorrow is Friday night. I will make the time.

Promise.

And done. ...three days after I promised it would be up.

It's my intent to be better at this, and not be a bastard to everyone playing.

Sorry.

I would like some comments or suggestions on what everyone who's read my posts thinks Fawkes actually looks like.

I've downloaded several images and placed them in an album, but share your pictures first, before checking the link out. As I haven't found a concrete image to go with the voice I'm writing for, I'm still flexible and open to solutions. (So, please don't let my choices guide you if you have suggestions that are radically different.)

Do you "see" Fawkes when looking at any of these? (I'm not 100% sure I do yet, myself.) IMGUR Album for CATALYST PC Ideas

Quick explanation:

I've been swamped at work recently because my boss went into labor and I essentially got all of her stuff dumped on me in addition to my stuff. I've been trying to catch up on all of that, so sorry about that. I can probably post sometime today.

• Love
I would like some comments or suggestions on what everyone who's read my posts thinks Fawkes actually looks like.

I've downloaded several images and placed them in an album, but share your pictures first, before checking the link out. As I haven't found a concrete image to go with the voice I'm writing for, I'm still flexible and open to solutions. (So, please don't let my choices guide you if you have suggestions that are radically different.)

Do you "see" Fawkes when looking at any of these? (I'm not 100% sure I do yet, myself.) IMGUR Album for CATALYST PC Ideas
These aren't the best pictures, but I think they capture the right feeling.
photo-1460794418188-1bb7dba2720d

photo-1463163242026-9eeb8a71a24f

photo-1453799527828-cf1bd7b2f682

Hey, just letting you guys (and also @The Mood is Write ) know that my plan is to get replies up on mondays, wednesdays, and either fridays or sundays. I've got reminders for myself all over the place so I'm not leaving you all hanging for extended periods of time.

• Thank You
Reactions: The Mood is Write
Just checking in to see how this rp is going. Seems it got a bit quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.