Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ezikeel

"...Can you hear me...?"
[btn=mode|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/catalyst-ooc-and-signups.144702/|self]OOC / Signup[/btn][btn=mode|https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/catalyst-welcome-to-the-c-o-v-e-r-t-program.144858/|self]IC[/btn]
coaFjuN.gif

"Good evening, and welcome to the premier broadcast of the COVERT Program."
"...
That is, the CATALYST Operative Vital Education and Required Training Program-- COVERT for short. We're happy to have you tuning in.
Though, if you are listening to this broadcast right now, you've already been drafted into our organization and don't really have a choice in the matter. You may not remember the drafting process; in which case your memories of it were bound to compromise this organization and were therefore summarily cleaned.
You may even believe that you chose to listen to this broadcast of your own free will; but while you’ll find, as a member of CATALYST, that most phenomena unexplained by science are true, free will is, in fact, a myth."

[fieldbox="Meta Information, red, solid"]
The CATALYST Paranormal Investigation and Research Agency, or CPIRA for short, is a government organization (much like the CIA or FBI). They perform the important work of mitigating supernatural threats to the general populace of the United States, and eliminating anything that directly threatens national security.

When they receive word of an impending threat which they are not staffed to handle, they are given permission to enact a draft. They are looking for people who have one great, all-consuming passion in their lives, as that passion generates a kind of energy which attracts the paranormal. Using the resources they have at hand as a secret government organization, they are able to pinpoint these people and get all the pertinent information about their lives.

The COVERT program is an intensive form of training that CATALYST uses to get the completely uninitiated up to speed in the shortest amount of time, and with the least amount of hassle possible.

Their first challenge will be making their way to CPIRA HQ, while receiving instructions by way of radio. If they fail to obey instructions, a senior Operative will be nearby to offer "encouragement," as they have been drafted and their participation in the program is mandatory.

All Operatives start out as mundane humans, though they may have psychic or magical powers. They may possibly gain a supernatural nature over the course of the story.

You must fill out an Operative Data Sheet for each character. (You can have up to three characters, if you'd like.) In your Data Sheet, you have to choose a preferred Department for your Operative to work in once they complete their training. You can find info about Departments in the Handbook.

You also need to choose a skillset for your Operative. You can find info about skillsets in the Data Sheet template below. Each basic skillset has three specializations. Your Operative can specialize in up to four areas. If you would like, you can be more specific with your specializaitons. For example, if your character uses hand-to-hand combat, you can list what type of martial art they use.

If you choose a compound skillset (such as Physical + Mental), you have to choose at least one specialization from each category.
For this RPG I'm looking for players who are at least Intermediate or Adept, though I'm willing to make allowances for lower skill levels if you're willing to learn and work hard.

Since this is a group RP, I would like at least two posts per week, more if you are able. If you're going to be unavailable for an extended time, let me know and I can work out a convenient, in-game way for your character to be absent for that time.
This game is going to frequently have high stakes, and you may have characters die. I'm not the kind of GM to kill off your characters for no reason, and I'll do my best to never put them in an unwinnable situation, but there is always the risk of screwing up at a key moment. Just be vigilant. And remember that if you DO lose a character, you can always make another.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Character Creation, red, solid"]

To create a CATALYST Operative-in-training, you'll need to fill out an Operative Data Sheet, as found below:

SECTION ONE: IDENTITY
PREFERRED NAME: ________________________________________________________
TERM OF ADDRESS: ________________________________________________________
PRONOUNS: ________________________________________________________
SECTION TWO: POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF CHOICE: __________________________________________________
PRIMARY INTEREST: __________________________________________________
CODENAME: __________________________________________________

[Codenames should be between one and five characters long. They should be acronyms which represent an aspect of something which you are passionate about. Choose something you are comfortable being called by. Never discuss your True Name with anyone but an Administrator.]
SECTION THREE: SKILLSET
SKILLSET ORIENTATION: (Check One)
[ ]PHYSICAL (Hand-to-Hand combat, Melee- or Ranged-Weapons Specialty)
[ ]MENTAL (Telepathy [Mind vs. Mind], Psychokinesis [Mind vs. Matter], or Psychosomasis [Mind vs. Body])
[ ]OCCULT (Arcane Magic, Clerical Magic / Miracles, or Alchemy)
[ ]SUPPORT (Medical / Healing, Augmentation, or Degradation)
[ ]PHYSICAL + MENTAL
[ ]PHYSICAL + OCCULT
[ ]PHYSICAL + SUPPORT
[ ]MENTAL + OCCULT
[ ]MENTAL + SUPPORT
[ ]OCCULT + SUPPORT
[ ]BALANCED

SKILLSET SPECIALIZATION: (List up to Four Specializations from your Skillset Category)

Once you've filled out all the necessary information, you can submit it here in this thread. After i've approved it, I'll make you an official Operative Documentation sheet. You can see how these look further down in the thread.
Also, if you have a picture of your Operative, feel free to include that, as well.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="Example Operative Data Sheets, red, solid"]
Pref. Name: [BCOLOR=#ff0000]REDACTED[/BCOLOR]
ToA: Mr.
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Department Choice: Conduction
Interest: Literature
Codename: ROC [Redefining Our Conscience]
Skillset: Balanced
Specializations: Ranged, Telepathy, Arcane, Augmentation
ToA: Mx.
Pronouns: They/Them/Theirs
Department Choice: Conservation
Interest: Cryptography
Codename: CRUX [Create Ruses Until (Variable)]
Skillset: Balanced
Specializations: Melee, Psychosomasis, Arcane, Degradation
ToA: Ms.
Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Department Choice: Chronicles
Interest: Astrology
Codename: SERAF [Seer Engaged in Recognizing Arc Formations]
Skillset: Occult
Specializations: Arcane, Clerical, Alchemical
[/fieldbox]

nL85fck.png
[/hr][/hr]

Last edited:
Reactions: :Cosmic:
@Jihae and @Pray4me I have posts for your characters to react to up in the IC thread!
@Kitt and @TragicTrees I'm writing posts for yours right now, so hold tight! Also @TragicTrees any idea what your dude would be doing on an average day? If you're not sure, I can still post and be vague, but if you read what i just posted I think you'll see why I want the info.
Matty does street magic, so he'd probably be doing that on a normal day. Card tricks and shit on the side of the road

Reactions: Ezikeel
I'll be thinking up of something to post soon! Sorry but, this week is the start of Dead Week, aka, Finals are next week and this week is what students use to study study study! Don't worry though, I'll get those posts in.

Manic pixie dream girl? Sign my gay ass up

• Love
So, right now, the player list is @Jihae @Kitt @Pray4me and @TragicTrees
I'd really like to get at least one more player into the game before we finish Mission One, so if you guys have any friends who you think might be interested, would you mind shooting them a link?
(I'm trying to get my boyfriend to join Iwaku and play, but he's never done forum roleplaying so I might not be able to convince him)

Reactions: TragicTrees
Yes, yes sorry. Been a bit busy. Ill make a CS now.

SECTION ONE: IDENTITYPREFERRED NAME: Azmeryth Riverwood
TERM OF ADDRESS: Ms.
PRONOUNS: She, Her, Hers
CODENAME: ATEX (Awaiting To Eliminate Variables)

[ ]MENTAL (Telepathy [Mind vs. Mind], Psychokinesis [Mind vs. Matter], or Psychosomasis [Mind vs. Body])
[ ]PHYSICAL + MENTAL
[X]PHYSICAL + OCCULT
[ ]PHYSICAL + SUPPORT
[ ]MENTAL + OCCULT
[ ]MENTAL + SUPPORT
[ ]OCCULT + SUPPORT
[ ]BALANCED

SKILLSET SPECIALIZATION: (List up to Four Specializations from your Skillset Category)
Scythe efficiency
Wind Affinity
Ice Affinity

This is a large WIP mainly because im not sure if any of this is correct.​

SECTION ONE: IDENTITYPREFERRED NAME: Azmeryth Riverwood
TERM OF ADDRESS: Ms.
PRONOUNS: She, Her, Hers
CODENAME: ATEX (Awaiting To Eliminate Variables)

[ ]PHYSICAL + MENTAL
[X]PHYSICAL + OCCULT
[ ]PHYSICAL + SUPPORT
[ ]MENTAL + OCCULT
[ ]MENTAL + SUPPORT
[ ]OCCULT + SUPPORT
[ ]BALANCED

Scythe efficiency
Wind Affinity
Ice Affinity

This is a large WIP mainly because im not sure if any of this is correct.​
Aight, so you're looking good so far.
For "Department of Choice" I need to know which of CPIRA's departments Azzy would like best to join. The departments are: Conduction (administration), Contention (fighting), Communication, Chronicles (research/records), and Conservation (search and rescue). You can read more about them on the last page of the Handbook if you want more info.
For "Primary Interest", CPIRA is looking for people who have one thing that they are very, very passionate about because people like that attract paranormal activity. You can read more about that in their history, here.
For your "Skillset Specialization" you just need to choose what categories under the Physical and Occult headings your skills would fall under.
So, 'Scythe Efficiency' would definitely fall under a Melee Weapons Specialty. For the wind and ice powers, is that Arcane magic or Divine magic? If it's a natural ability, or something she does traditional magic with symbols or spellbooks or w/e to use, that'd be Arcane. If she was given the ability be a deity or spirit, it'd be Divine.

zsnxwh.jpg

PREFERRED NAME: Nikolai Luzchezke
TERM OF ADDRESS: Mr
PRONOUNS: He/Him/His
DEPARTMENT OF CHOICE: Contention
PRIMARY INTEREST: Beasts/Beings of the supernatural
CODENAME: HOUND [Hunter Of Uniquely Natural Dedication]
SKILLSET ORIENTATION: PHYSICAL
SKILLSET SPECIALIZATION:
Martial Skills
Animal Like Senses
Degraded Mentality
Enhanced Physicality

Last edited:
  • Love
I'm pretty sure someone is waiting for my IC post. DO NOT WORRY, I'll get it in. Unfortunately, finals are one day away, so it's all work and no play for now.
I will get my IC posts in for both characters when my schedule tells me that I have no finals to do.
SORRY FOR HOLDING IC BACK.

I'm unsure as to how to introduce HOUND

I'm going to send a CPIRA Operative to go recruit him like I did for the others, don't worry.
Actually, can I get his location and what he spends most of his time doing, so I can get a good idea of how to start?

I'm going to send a CPIRA Operative to go recruit him like I did for the others, don't worry.
Actually, can I get his location and what he spends most of his time doing, so I can get a good idea of how to start?
He spends allot of time camping, currently residing in Azure, Montana. Small town of like 400 population maybe. He's the only Russian guy there so it wouldnt be hard to track him down.

NUyttbn.gif

Finals.

THEY'RE DONE. IC POST ON THE WAY!

• Love
@HellHoundWoof I've added your dude to the player characters post! I'll have a post up for you to interact with as soon as I get a profile done for Nikolai's assigned Operative. :3

@Jihae I can't wait to see your responses!

@TragicTrees Matty is SO CUTE. I LITERALLY CAN'T.

@Pray4me I really, really like Godwin. He's got a great personality, and you have very well-developed posts. I can't wait to see how things pan out with him!

@Kitt hi! Just pinging you to remind you that I replied to your IC post. Lemme know if you're still interested in playing, ok? :3

@Azzy Just double-checking to see if you're still interested! If you didn't see it above, I replied to your post with some clarifications about the spaces you left blank.

Reactions: TragicTrees
Thank you very much! I'm pretty excited to see how well Godwin will do throughout this rp with his unique personality XD Can probably tell he's very much a fighter and passionate.

And I have to mention that it was very smart for TCTC to not send a beeping page to Godwin. He would have thrown the package out the window.

Having fun with the rp~

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.