3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
  2. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, magical, medieval, scifi, romance and action!

ALL THE -PUNK GENRES
Cataclysm_logo_square.png
The world has ended.

It ended five years ago.

Five years ago, riots sprouted all across the world, all at once. Death and destruction came from manic individuals and, quite suddenly, horrors from beyond our reality. It was as if some entity far greater than anything comprehensible simply decided to rip apart the seams of our very existence. Horrors, monsters the size of buildings, alien flora and fauna, anything and everything went insane in the first two months of the Cataclysm. Then it suddenly eased.

What humanity was left with, was a shelled husk of a world, with survivors scavenging for supplies while the dead rise from where they fell, mutated beyond humanity and seemingly intent on destroying whatever was left. If it wasn't the dead, it was the many creatures of the world suddenly mutating into grotesque and deadly versions of themselves, arthropods were particularly affected and many strains of mutants now litter the world, adapted into the biosphere.

As the world itself seemingly tries to destroy itself, visitors from beyond fathom have come to enact their own will. Fighting the dead are creatures both fantastic and terrifying. Triffids, a sentient amalgam of plant beasts, kill indiscriminately and use the corpses as fertilizer in their ongoing attempts to turn the world into a new garden. The Mycus, a fungal Hive Mind, is steadily spreading across the world, hijacking and mutating the flora and fauna, and even converting humans into symbiotic integrations into their collective. The Mi-Go, alien beings from our reality, but many stars away. They seem to have ceased their chance to try and occupy the world, as well. Their massive towers of living fungus and flesh pump out toxic air and heat while they capture and study whatever specimen they could find. These are only the creatures the new world understands. There are many more beyond that seemingly adhere to no group or logic fathomable to those that survived.

As for humanity, they're not much better. In the former state of New England in the US, a few powers have risen out of the ashes

The Free Merchants Union originally sprouted from a group of survivors in a refugee center that became organized. As it stands, it's one of the largest single human organizations. Using the old evacuation centers built across the state, the Free Merchants trade with various hamlets and settlements that have sprouted as the world found its new normal among the chaos. They're considered the richest faction by default and maintain their own security, industries, and trade routes.

The Hell's Raiders is a catch-all term for New England's loose confederation of bandits, thugs, slavers and cannibals. Not much needs to be said about a group whose existence is based off taking from others. While there are many "civilized" groups of raiders, acting as mercenaries as long as they're paid, there are also the complete lunatics, the cannibal cults, the slaver unions. Generally speaking, not good people.

The Old Guard stands as the remnants of the former US Government. While they claim they have several walled-off cities across the former US, and even fleets of ships in the ocean, not much is known about them in New England. Through one reason or another, they don't have a significant presence within the region, though you can sometimes run into groups of professional soldiers marching under their banner, targeting high-value targets to salvage technology and information

The Tacoma Commune stands as the largest "city state" in New England. Originally, the Commune was simply a farming colony of the Free Merchants, the first one they established. Throughout the years, however, the Commune has broken off from the Merchants, becoming one of the largest singular communities out there. They remain heavily agrarian, and trade with anyone willing and friendly

The Marloss Church represents the efforts of the Mycus. These individuals have achieved symbiosis with the fungal invaders, mutating thanks to their diet of marloss berries and mycus fruits, both creations of the Mycus to provide for the humans in a bid to sway them to their side. Their needs are met through the Mycus, and they want to spread their ways to the world. They see the Mycus as their gods and their salvation, and naturally stand in direct opposition with the Valhallans.

The Valhallans is a term used by outsiders to refer to a group of warriors that sprouted from the ashes of the Cataclysm. They are strict followers of the Forn Sidr, or Asatro, the worship of the ancient Norse pantheon. They've grown significantly since the Cataclysm's start, boasting several strongholds throughout former New England

There are many more factions, many more small hamlets, but these are the heavyweights after the Cataclysm.

As for the RP, I was planning on an expedition of sorts. Sponsored by the Merchants, the goal of this expedition is to breach a former major city and take what resources can be gathered. All factions are involved in this expedition for a simple reason: The entity behind the zombies, the mysterious black goo that drips from them all, mutates them regularly. Creatures beyond any semblance of humanity, given plenty of time to grow in the cities, stalk its streets. Hordes of grotesque amalgamations made out of the pieces of dead creatures patrol in tandem, forming the odd horde it sends out. With the place being so inhospitable, it's a beacon of unpilfered technology: Generators, bionics, medical supplies, and ordinance. Everyone has an interest in it, and everyone is sending scouts to take as much as they can carry. Either they agree on one large expedition, rife with infighting, or outright send out opposing groups to sabotage and one-up one another

Hello fellow Biopunk Enjoyer.
This seems kinda cool.

Reactions: Lurcolm
... How'd you know I just started booting up Cataclysm again, recently?

I'm interested, for sure. Are the individuals of the Marloss Church essentially threshold-mutated into Mycus, or on that path? One of my favorite characters I've played ended up going down the path of rat/rodent mutations and I'd love to carry something like that over into a roleplay, assuming mutation characters are acceptable.

Reactions: Lurcolm
Hello fellow Biopunk Enjoyer.
This seems kinda cool.
It's based off an open-source game. One of those super niche ones you play with your entire keyboard. It's good shit.
... How'd you know I just started booting up Cataclysm again, recently?

I'm interested, for sure. Are the individuals of the Marloss Church essentially threshold-mutated into Mycus, or on that path? One of my favorite characters I've played ended up going down the path of rat/rodent mutations and I'd love to carry something like that over into a roleplay, assuming mutation characters are acceptable.
Mutants are allowed. The reason I started this is cuz I wanna play my spider mutant boy. We'll see if more people bite, but I'll keep you in mind.

The Marloss Church are both pre- and post-threshold. They got the people just eating the marloss. They got full Mycus/human hybrids. No one really likes em cuz mycus must grow

Mutants are allowed. The reason I started this is cuz I wanna play my spider mutant boy. We'll see if more people bite, but I'll keep you in mind.

The Marloss Church are both pre- and post-threshold. They got the people just eating the marloss. They got full Mycus/human hybrids. No one really likes em cuz mycus must grow
Nice. I'll keep this under my watched threads, for sure! Hope we get more folks. Spider is also a cool mutation path, especially if you can quickly get through insect limb mutations to the point they aren't a hinderance anymore lol

Fantastic, it's somehow even worse than base Cataclysm. Can't humans post-threshold even mutate with Mycus to have full fire immunity? That's an awful force to have just existing out there, slowly growing into a bigger problem with each passing day. I suppose it's probably being fought back by the Valhallans but it's probably just slowing down the church's progress, if anything?

Nice. I'll keep this under my watched threads, for sure! Hope we get more folks. Spider is also a cool mutation path, especially if you can quickly get through insect limb mutations to the point they aren't a hinderance anymore lol

Fantastic, it's somehow even worse than base Cataclysm. Can't humans post-threshold even mutate with Mycus to have full fire immunity? That's an awful force to have just existing out there, slowly growing into a bigger problem with each passing day. I suppose it's probably being fought back by the Valhallans but it's probably just slowing down the church's progress, if anything?
I'm setting it up that basically every extradimensional force is so busy killing each other and waging war, humanity can survive in the cracks. It's a matter of surviving by virtue of having so many targets fighting each other

I'm setting it up that basically every extradimensional force is so busy killing each other and waging war, humanity can survive in the cracks. It's a matter of surviving by virtue of having so many targets fighting each other

yeah, that's a pretty accurate representation to the game. Memories of running from zombies that instead decided to pick a fight with giant wasps that decimated them for me as I continued to haul ass back to my base. I think that's one of my favorite things about Cataclysm in general, that things are screwed beyond repair and we're basically living on borrowed time until we die one way or another. Bleak, and a game that truly makes you think about the journey. It's why I love it so much!