Castrum (MxF) Added a pole and a sample!

Are you interested?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Needs improvement

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Not for me

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

AkiraAnarchy

Original poster
RP sample(one of my more extensive samples X..X
Had Jester not chosen the turn, had he simply left the girl, had either of them been absent his day may have been as he wished.

For years now a routine of sorts had been developed. A routine derived of nothing more than broken sanity.

In the mornings he would cease the endless dreams of night. Dreams which whether he realized or not were nothing of the sort. Rather his mind would be fooled into an unmoving state. A state which once within the delusions would begin. Delusions of darkness, delusions of love, delusions of beings without reason both appeared and disappeared. For hours on end these culminations of sounds, feelings and most importantly sights would allow others the unknown comfort of his absence. A comfort they would never understand.

In the early morning's light his eyes would not open, no they never closed, his eye-lids were certainly a thing of the past. Rather they would brighten, from a dull murky blue to a radiant turquoise made all the more vibrant by its thin sea blue outlines. Once these orbs were lit any creature in his presence seemed to take note. Every creature's instinct beckoned to be free of this presence, and they did. Like wildfire the movement away from his location would spread until a perimeter he was unaware of formed. A perimeter which protected the younger Denizens from coming face to face with something so terrifying as him.

In all truth his stature was what one would consider terrifying. He stood at a tall nine-foot nine. The tendril like hair spawning from his open cranial rose nearly a foot further giving the appearance of hair. Beneath those tendrils an orb similar to his eyes resided. It unlike his eyes never ceased to glow. It gave those who gazed upon him yet another factor to find themselves drawn to. Beyond this came the facial features, a nose or rather two openings with a minor ridge sat between powerful cheek bones, Beneath a mouth wicked in its permanent shape, lips nonexistent replaced by the seemingly sharp fangs. All made to guard a perfect sea of light. Whether he was capable of ingesting nutrients or not was a mystery. Whether his inner body was nothing more than energy was a mystery. To end the adventure came his body, a body which was both defined and powerful in its every muscle, bare on its torso and covered below by a cloth pair of trousers.

The full of him would give any an understandable fear. So his aura was well worthy of his body. This of course gave his mornings, afternoons, and ultimately nights a peaceful solitude. A peaceful solitude often disrupted by none other than himself.

Throughout the day he was plagued by whispers and flashes of others. Some kind, some wicked, and most taunting. Being aware of his sickness was the worst of it. For at times he knew if he were unaware these delusions would very well be his comfort. But rather he did as he regular hand, he moved. Slowly at times and with purpose otherwise. Always trying to focus on the structures he'd passed. Always memorizing what small details he noticed had not changed. Familiarizing himself with the constantly twisting tribulations of which surrounded him.

Now of the creatures who had the strength to shrug away Laubers aura, Jester was most certainly one of worthy strength, his captive on the other hand would find her mind shaken with fear, she may have been strong of will, may have been a warrior, but everything about Laubers appearance only assisted the aura he unknowingly released.

At first Lauber had not noticed the sound, but the closer it came and the louder it came the more he began to treat it with interest. Until the sound produced an image, one which came with speed he noted. One which as it drew closer grew larger. Until it came within earshot, and only then had his mind seemed to turn its switch. From a deaf, blind, uncaring and dull seeming creature to one with quickly focusing eyes.

His movement from there came as a bit of an oddity. Rather pose himself as a wall between Jester and his captive Lauber chose to turn his body. Showing the two who advanced his left shoulder. From there he stepped back, though to Pricilla this movement may have be difficult to see. For the moment he stepped back he also stepped forward. Arm extended, fingers spread and palm ever so carefully tapping Jesters right shoulder. An action which if done by any other may only cause a slight hindrance was far more than that. In the years of solitude Lauber had experimented with his strength. A strength which came with difficult control, a strength which if unchecked came with a jarring power. Power which in the moment connected with jester released.

At the same time he made contact with jester his free left hand moved, rounding Priscilla's center frame, large forearm wrapping past her body. Middle finger carefully held by his thumb in a resistance before releasing and giving Jesters wrist a jarring strike. Quickly from there Laubers arm seemed to wrap just a hair more. His body twisting, arm released and legs kicking him from beside her. Leaving her a good meters space. His back turned to the girl as Laubers eyes focused on The Jesters.

"I thought we'd agreed upon avoiding one and other?" He spoke for the first time in perhaps a month. His voice commanding without meaning to be, powerful for its resonance came within his chest. The vibrations of which forced it to echo within the area. The depth of it riddled with rough rumbling. This silence was a recurrence. After one or two Denizens met or had the distinct displeasure of finding Lauber they often spread word to any other to avoid his particular presence.

For longer than Lauber cared to remember The Jester had been a testing creature. Whether he was looking for followers or toys was difficult to comprehend. His mere presence bred chaos and the poor souls he'd goaded into his games often turned up broken and abandoned. Upon their first meeting The Jester had tempted Lauber with his playful nature. Unlike the others Lauber was not so easily broken. His transformation unlike other Denizens had taken place within the first years of his entrance and as such those within the Labyrinth new only his monstrous form.

Suffice it to say since their first meeting Lauber had taken note of this clowns desire to test the limits of his chosen toys. Any weakness the clown noted was grounds for assault and for Lauber whose mind suffered under its own strain this sort of an opponent was truly cumbersome. The Jester was sharp but Lauber was unlike his usual victims. Suffering day in and day out from self crafted illusions one would find the illusions of another were less believable by far. Still if his illness was caught Lauber new this genius of a being would most certainly find a way to exploit it.

"That and you've brought another Hatchling." His head tilted as he spoke of Priscilla. She was not the first and the both of them knew she would not be the last. Though the difference now was simply that the both of them had been unlucky in running into each-other. Lauber could not ignore jester and he could not allow Priscilla to become his toy.

"Give the Hatchling to me and go. If we …argue here the Hatchling will die, the warden will take note and most importantly you'll lose something. " Lauber was not capable of negotiating, primarily due to his lack of conversation, it stunted his ability to retort, to upstage and most importantly to outwit others. So the direct approach was far more viable for him. An approach he knew The Jester before him would likely detest. Still they were both intelligent. They both knew a fray of any sort between them was likely to end in severe consequence.

Castrum

The unequivocal might of Castrum dominates the continent of Faeurn. Located at the summit of Mythikós or rather the spine of the world. A range of mountains which separate the four kingdoms. Mountains which deter war through the impossibility of allegiance.

Alongside the topography another force keeps the four kingdoms in check. A power of legend, a power of a tale… a power of rumor. The power of the kingdom of Castrum.

Though, to call it a Kingdom may well be an exaggeration.

Especially if one were to consider its kingdom consisted of a singular castle. A castle located at the highest peak of Mythikos. A castle endlessly bombarded by the harsh weather surrounding Myhtikos. Its construction and existence recorded in text from thousands of years prior to any individual's existence. Text which had through the course of time faded from the annals of history. Text which now lived on as myth and story.

Within this castle it is said a singular denizen resides. A denizen rumored to be the calamity of the world. A denizen who much like the castle is mentioned only in myth.

So then, why? Why is it any adventurer or even kingdom would dare to put forth interest within this seemingly nonexistent place? Simple. The third and final rumor. The rumor of relics. What was a relic? A relic was the epitome of magic, the epitome of power. An item imbued with ancient magic. Magic capable of dominating the land. Magic capable of bending the elements. Magic capable of even reversing the trifles of time. A vast collection, no every singular relic said to have existed has been horded within this castle.

What is the premise of the rp?

Your character for one reason or another seeks a particular Relic. Why, you may tell me or keep secret.

The desire for this relic has driven them tirelessly to the gates of Castrum. A place said to have been no more than a myth. Upon reaching these gates they are welcome to an opened entrance. To an unguarded interior and a seemingly endless abyss of blocked corridors, locked rooms and hidden passageways. Though they may desire a particular place it seems they are lead to the Library. The library dominates one of the several spires of the castle. Its size grand and collection vast.

Within the realm of which Relic will be set:

It is a fantasy setting. Medevil in nature and design. IE: Wheel of time, Dungeons and Dragons, etc etc.

In this setting there are 4 dominant Kingdoms and a slew of outlaying settlements/factions.

The system of magic is open to interpretation with the simple rulings that.

1. Movement magic ie: flight/teleportation are extremely limited. 10s of people per kingdom at most have learned or attained the craft. Even having attained the craft they are limited to range and use.
2. There are what are referred to as Relics. Relics are magically imbued items of great and mystical power. They exist solely within Castrum. Records of said relics are maintained within each kingdom, though they may not be similar to one and other. They cannot be made as the art is lost.
3. There is a union of magicians within the continent. They act on their own accord within the continent though they are kept in check by the four ruling kingdoms.
4. though there are limitations please be free to think outside the box. Epic thought-out magic is welcome.

That's all for the rules of magic.

Personal!

This is a (me)M X F(you) search

I am a long term role player. I have experience and am intent on writing quality posts(length varies depending on what we have going on). I ask that if you're interested you drop me a PM and we can discuss further. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'm sporadic with my online/offline time but I will always do my best to login at least once or twice a day. If you want a sample of my work, I will gladly supply it!

THANK YOU FOR READING ALL MY STOOFS :D you're awesome and you should stay awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: