Status
Not open for further replies.
697791.jpg

Castlevania City.
Time: Dusk.

As far as a base of operations went, he could do worse then the current circumstances he found himself in. The church was largely private and in disrepair, its desecrated aura an attraction for restless spirits. It was easy enough to ward certain areas and the nominal activity would mask his own presence here. To say nothing of how at home he felt, in the surroundings he discovered himself. This was his Carfax Abbey- His home away from home. While his cousin might enjoy privacy in the countryside, he had no intention of staying overly for long. Even if it was a place he had as much right to, as much as her.

And it was good to work. He had been doing so all day, with only a few breaks in between and with arms crossed, he surveyed his new domain.

The upper loft of this place could only be reached via flight or similar powers of transportation- The stairs had long since crumbled and there was a considerable height to reach. Perhaps if the person in question was tenacious and physically fit, they could have made it but then they would also have to deal with his ghostly tenants. It made for an effective security system, at the very least.

He made a mental note to fix that.

A stone coffin with dirt was present- In the event he needed to recover heavily. On a pedestal, before a shelf there was the book he had obtained from the catacombs, containing the spirit of Leah. That had been an adventure and a half. : |

On display on a special stand, was a dummy with various armor parts....All part of a set, scattered throughout Castlevania City that he planned to seek. Currently, he had the right gauntlet but that was all. And before that, his weapons. All laid on the work desk, in various stages of care and similar. From the mundane to the magic, reliable and resolute.

Not a bad thing overall. But dusk was here and there was so much he wanted to find out about the city proper now.

.....After a break and sinking down into the chair, framed by the statue of an angel he rubbed his forehead and sighed out.

@Minerva

---------------
Cold, alone, confused.

Simon felt like he had lived in Castlevania City for ages, but yet... He could only remember faint details about his life here, memories of his childhood were in fragments, or missing... And whenever he tried to think too much on what brough him here, he felt a sudden pain in his ribs.

There were still things in his past that he couldn't remember, whether it was his subconsciousness holding him back from doing so, or simply some sort of amnesia, it was difficult to tell.

He did at least remember where his apartment was, and was well aware of what he was carrying on him, which included a somewhat outdated phone, a switch blade... And, 15 bucks.

Well, that was as good as anything for him right about now.

Without any particular place in mind, Simon tried to search for some place that sold food.

He honestly didn't care how fancy the place was, he just knew he was hungry, and probably a bit thirsty too.
Castle-City.jpg

Castlevania City was a bizarre city in and of itself. Between the gothic architecture, the modern sensibilities, the extraterrestrial immigrants and other weirdness magnets combined with its black aura? Altogether, it made for an interesting if somewhat exciting place to live. Alien creatures in coats padded past alongside humans, who paid no mind to Simon or each other. At a street corner, a monkey skeleton would be dancing to the fiddle of a street musician to a minor crowd. Stores advertising eyeballs, cow brains for ghouls and zombies, and all manner of macabre tools stood out all the more, for the casual observer new to this city. Here, the Undead among other things were just another form of resident the city worked around.

And surprisingly, it worked.

Luckily for Simon, he'd discover a nice smell soon enough that seemed normal enough. Deep friend food, fish from the smell which led him to a bar called the Merchants Palace.

3fcc1058a128890a29e0e84be17caeb4.jpg

The patrons seemed a random mix, with many old and new sensibilities combined. Behind the bar, a sign advertising free wifi for customers hung next to a shrunken head. At a table, what looked like a massive, hairy beast clutched a beer mug as he hooted softly to a junior witch, still at the phase of wearing the pointy hat everywhere as she wrote down notes. And seeing Simon, the barkeep/cashier smiled(though difficult to tell with his facemask) and made a bow of obeisance.

merchant-resident-evil-4-8.63.jpg

"Welcome! What can I do you for, stranger?"

@york @neejeeha

Castle-City.jpg

Castlevania City was a bizarre city in and of itself. Between the gothic architecture, the modern sensibilities, the extraterrestrial immigrants and other weirdness magnets combined with its black aura? Altogether, it made for an interesting if somewhat exciting place to live. Alien creatures in coats padded past alongside humans, who paid no mind to Simon or each other. At a street corner, a monkey skeleton would be dancing to the fiddle of a street musician to a minor crowd. Stores advertising eyeballs, cow brains for ghouls and zombies, and all manner of macabre tools stood out all the more, for the casual observer new to this city. Here, the Undead among other things were just another form of resident the city worked around.

And surprisingly, it worked.

Luckily for Simon, he'd discover a nice smell soon enough that seemed normal enough. Deep friend food, fish from the smell which led him to a bar called the Merchants Palace.

3fcc1058a128890a29e0e84be17caeb4.jpg

The patrons seemed a random mix, with many old and new sensibilities combined. Behind the bar, a sign advertising free wifi for customers hung next to a shrunken head. At a table, what looked like a massive, hairy beast clutched a beer mug as he hooted softly to a junior witch, still at the phase of wearing the pointy hat everywhere as she wrote down notes. And seeing Simon, the barkeep/cashier smiled(though difficult to tell with his facemask) and made a bow of obeisance.

merchant-resident-evil-4-8.63.jpg

"Welcome! What can I do you for, stranger?"

@york @neejeeha
Simon Henrikkson
@Ringmaster @neejeeha

Though Simon wasn't completely comforted by the surroundings he was met with, the smell of food quickly drew him towards the Merchant's Palace. He wasn't as bothered by it's slightly abnormal nature, or the barkeep for that matter as he probably should be.

Maybe it was hunger, or maybe he had grown numb to these things, but one thing he was sure of was that he was hungry, and thirsty, though he wasn't rolling in dough. So he'd have to make do with what he had.

"Coffee, please." He said, fishing out a 5 dollar bills from his pocket.

Then again, coffee wouldn't sate his hunger, so he figured he'd take a gamble, and ask for something simple for now, but he did glance at the menu briefly, just to get an idea what he was in for.

"And... Some fries, with that." He added, how cliche.

At least, it felt kind of cliche to him, though he couldn't quite recall why.​

Though Simon wasn't completely comforted by the surroundings he was met with, the smell of food quickly drew him towards the Merchant's Palace. He wasn't as bothered by it's slightly abnormal nature, or the barkeep for that matter as he probably should be.

Maybe it was hunger, or maybe he had grown numb to these things, but one thing he was sure of was that he was hungry, and thirsty, though he wasn't rolling in dough. So he'd have to make do with what he had.

"Coffee, please." He said, fishing out a 5 dollar bills from his pocket.

Then again, coffee wouldn't sate his hunger, so he figured he'd take a gamble, and ask for something simple for now, but he did glance at the menu briefly, just to get an idea what he was in for.

"And... Some fries, with that." He added, how cliche.

At least, it felt kind of cliche to him, though he couldn't quite recall why.

Coffee was poured, the accompaniment placed besides his elbow as music from the live entertainer began. The menu itself seemed to feature mostly local dishes, Romanian in origin and spiced or seasoned deeply in some way. A reflection of the region perhaps, as spiced dishes tended to keep a lot longer and in the darker days, before things became peaceful, it was always a struggle to survive for food. You never knew, if you would become it.

Still, that was then. According to the treaties established, everyone gained a clean slate and were meant to make the most of it. From the Monsterfolk who were catching onto human homestays in Japan and other countries, to the strange, new religions sprouting up around the undead as well as the usual terrorist attacks- The world was a far, far different breed of animal now. And that was discarding the extraterrestrial visitors as well as the interdimensional tourists.

Still, there was plenty to keep one busy here on Earth alone as the tv began to play the local news channel, switched by a patron who slid onto a stool one seat away and reached out.

k5qkGjzD.jpg

"-Thank you very much for that weather report. Be sure to keep an umbrella handy, I know I will! It never rains but pours in Castlevania City. In other news, regarding the recent mayoral running, Candidate Police Commissioner Geralt Rivia had this to say in his press conference today."

tumblr_o94vi6Dmu61uzebxso2_1280.jpg

"Castlevania City in many ways, is yet a nightmare. Corruption runs rampant in the Kennel sector and there are far too many missing people cases in our city, then anywhere else. We need change and we need it now, without fear holding us back or adherence to....Traditional powers in Castlevania City. I will clean this city, I will do all I can but I can't do it alone. Lets make a difference together- Let us bring the dawn, to the darkest city of Europe."

Serving the plate of fries, the Merchant chuckled and jerked a thumb at the tv.

"They keep playing this bloodbags face, everywhere and all times now. Pretty speech and earnest fellow, but its the wrong place for that." He shook his head and leaned on the counter.

"Castlevania City is a vampire city and even without Clan Drakul taking the reigns, there's plenty more thirsty and willing to gain power in a place like this."

@york @Minerva @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @Foxy

tumblr_nhp9osDkXG1s785wko1_1280.gif

Guess who showed up like a bad penny?

"Neo! Glad you could make it. These people are real bloodsuckers and I don't just mean literally."

He clicked his tongue and winked as Melodic Cudgel swung idly in hand.

"Ready to show em how we do things?"

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_inline_ne6e8mJE0A1t3cdzr.png

All that he would get in reply as that sly smile Neo would bring up every now and then. Before anybody could try anything funny towards the duo, Neo immediately leapt up and sent a good side kick at the closest person to her.

@Ringmaster

Coffee was poured, the accompaniment placed besides his elbow as music from the live entertainer began. The menu itself seemed to feature mostly local dishes, Romanian in origin and spiced or seasoned deeply in some way. A reflection of the region perhaps, as spiced dishes tended to keep a lot longer and in the darker days, before things became peaceful, it was always a struggle to survive for food. You never knew, if you would become it.

Still, that was then. According to the treaties established, everyone gained a clean slate and were meant to make the most of it. From the Monsterfolk who were catching onto human homestays in Japan and other countries, to the strange, new religions sprouting up around the undead as well as the usual terrorist attacks- The world was a far, far different breed of animal now. And that was discarding the extraterrestrial visitors as well as the interdimensional tourists.

Still, there was plenty to keep one busy here on Earth alone as the tv began to play the local news channel, switched by a patron who slid onto a stool one seat away and reached out.

k5qkGjzD.jpg

"-Thank you very much for that weather report. Be sure to keep an umbrella handy, I know I will! It never rains but pours in Castlevania City. In other news, regarding the recent mayoral running, Candidate Police Commissioner Geralt Rivia had this to say in his press conference today."

tumblr_o94vi6Dmu61uzebxso2_1280.jpg

"Castlevania City in many ways, is yet a nightmare. Corruption runs rampant in the Kennel sector and there are far too many missing people cases in our city, then anywhere else. We need change and we need it now, without fear holding us back or adherence to....Traditional powers in Castlevania City. I will clean this city, I will do all I can but I can't do it alone. Lets make a difference together- Let us bring the dawn, to the darkest city of Europe."

Serving the plate of fries, the Merchant chuckled and jerked a thumb at the tv.

"They keep playing this bloodbags face, everywhere and all times now. Pretty speech and earnest fellow, but its the wrong place for that." He shook his head and leaned on the counter.

"Castlevania City is a vampire city and even without Clan Drakul taking the reigns, there's plenty more thirsty and willing to gain power in a place like this."

@york @Minerva @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @Foxy
Simon Henrikkson

@Ringmaster @Minerva @Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @Foxy

To those who barely knew him, which was basically nearly everyone at the moment... Simon looked pretty menacing, his face covered a little by his grey hood, even as he calmly sipped his coffee, and slowly started on his fries. As he listened, and half watched the news broadcast, his memories of this city were slowly coming back to him, though these memories barely felt like his own at all.

In these rough neighborhoods, many years ago, he had been the victim of a hit and run attack, some psycho in a car, using some other injured victim as bait, tried to run him straight into a lamp post. If it weren't for that little pothole on the road, he probably would have been paralyzed from the waist down, rather than simply suffering a few broken ribs here and there.

Nowadays though, there was alot more to worry about than a psycho behind a wheel; there was someone in town that could make a difference in this place... Someone with an earnest soul, but, perhaps a little naiive. Knowing the nature of this place, it was only a matter of time before someone tried to off him, had they not tried already.

With a small sigh, Simon took another sip of his coffee as he fished a few more fries from his plate. His memories were still fuzzy when it came to his parents, but did have to wonder if that little hit and run attack made against him a few years back was just a mere coincidence... In a place like this, it was a bit harder to guage what it might be.​

"Orders...?" Tobias wasn't sure what kind of boss would have subjected their subordinates to come to a place like this. Where people spilt their blood for other's entertainment and in some cases? It appeared as if they got eaten and people would still cheer! Though looking over Beatrice with the same stoic look, Tobias noticed something that was difficult to dance around. It also made him quite uncomfortable given what he'd done in an alternate timeline.

Show Spoiler Tobias killed Hitler!!!1111!

Okay, she looked like a nazi! Sure there weren't any actual swastikas on her person. But the thought of sharing breathing space with a potential Neo-Nazi was quite spine-tingling. "...What exactly do you, uh, do? But yeah same here...Got a fight myself.."

Man, this felt awkward.
"Yes, that's right." Beatrice nodded solemnly. Truth be told, though she was a soldier, she did regret that she had to take the lives of many. But this was far from the worst order she'd ever been given. A simple fight where she could choose to let her opponent live was nothing compared to the nightmare that was war.

"I'm a soldier. However, the major thinks I need to rekindle my fighting spirit. I must have spent too much time away from the battlefield in her eyes."

She didn't seem to notice the awkwardness Tobias felt.
armored_mewtwo_by_thunderousblaze-d8nnmsu.png

"I simply do whatever God asks of me."

Mewtwo remarked simply in that same monotone delivery. As Kyousuke appeared behind him, Mewtwo quickly turned up and put up his barrier to protect against the psychic wave. The wave itself collided with the pokemon's barrier but flexing a bit of his own mental power, the wave was diverted to the right of his barrier and continued straight towards the stands. Uncaring or simply not acknowledging the screams of the frightened patrons, Mewtwo lowered his barrier as he looked over Kyousuke.

On the outside he didn't appear to be any different from a regular human. But his innate psychic power was enough to rival even the pokemon of the self-proclaimed God. Which meant that he finally had a fight before him that would allow him to give it his all. As the blue glow appeared around Mewtwo's person, the water around the shattered ring began to quake before launching upward as Mewtwo launched torrents of the water straight at Kyousuke.

"Psychic."

@Kaykay
"Boooring."

Kyousuke just idly picked his ear at Mewtwo's response. "Just gonna follow orders, huh? Then, even if you are an esper, I'll put you out of your misery." Seeing the water rise out, the esper simply teleported right behind the feline psychic.

"Not good enough. You have to attack faster if you want to catch a teleporter. Like this."

This time, it wasn't a physical attack. Kyousuke activated his Hypno abilities, pulling Mewtwo into a world of illusions, a world where anything Kyousuke imagined happened. A deep feeling of tiredness was embedded into Mewtwo's subconscious, prompting the creature to fall asleep barring any resistance.

And at the same time, he peered into the potentially brainwashed mind, looking for a way to free it if it was under anyone's control.​

"I'm a soldier. However, the major thinks I need to rekindle my fighting spirit. I must have spent too much time away from the battlefield in her eyes."

She didn't seem to notice the awkwardness Tobias felt.
6dqAsmr.jpg

So, she was a soldier huh? Well, Tobias supposed that they at least had some common ground there. But he was almost reminded of Rachael at the idea. A female soldier with blonde hair who knew a thing or two about fighting spirit? It almost made want the boy to laugh. Whereas Rachael wouldn't turn down the chance to tear into any enemies that dared to threaten her or her friends, Tobias didn't quite get that same kind of vibe from Beatrice. She seemed far too gentle for that.

Even if her alignment if it was what Tobias thought it was, happened to put him a wee bit on edge.

But before Tobias could say anymore, he noticed people fleeing for the exits after seeing enough of the battle between Hyousuke and Mewtwo. Well, if they'd been Controllers then they'd have likely stayed to see how this all played out. Determine whether who out of these two would make for a suitable host. Though given that these two were playing with powers that Tobias could only dream of, he doubted even a Yeerk would want to try messing with them.

That said, there might have still been innocent people in this crowd. Like that guy and his friend who fought against the monster girl. The red-head had already nearly gotten eaten by a sea monster and then almost got her head caved in. Tobias figured it might have been a bit unfair if she had to deal with psychic powers on top of that. Which is why Tobias had to ready himself for action and he couldn't do that as a boy.

"..Right, well it's nice to meet a fellow soldier."

Not giving any further elaboration on his comment, Tobias tried to fit in with those who were trying to head to the exit. Which unsurprisingly was quite a number of people. Seeing two girls fight was one thing but when stuff like this started happening? They wanted out and Tobias? He was as reluctant to stay here as any other person. But like it or not, he had a duty to try and help these people. All he had to do was get to a restroom..
"Boooring."

Kyousuke just idly picked his ear at Mewtwo's response. "Just gonna follow orders, huh? Then, even if you are an esper, I'll put you out of your misery." Seeing the water rise out, the esper simply teleported right behind the feline psychic.

Having underestimated Kyousuke's powers, Mewtwo was caught off guard by the sudden mental intrusion. Lashing out with a powerful wave of psychic energy, water was sent rushing into the stands. Smashing innocent patrons against the walls and tripping people up and knocking them to the ground. But while the patrons may have only had bloody noses and bruises to worry about, Kyousuke was about to see what had brought Mewtwo here and left him in the service of God.

QxSgYty.jpg

As Kyousuke began to peek around in Mewtwo's mindscape, he'd see that it had suddenly shifted to resemble what appeared to be a snowy mountain-village. With weather keeping most would-be enemies away, the place seemed perfect for hiding out from those who wanted to get away from the hassle of life and it's problems. Or at least such was the case until a new threat emerged on the horizon. If Kyousuke glanced upwards, he'd have seen what appeared to be a flying ship of some kind landing atop one of the mountains.

sKCCE2d.png

One lone figure could have been hopping off the side of the ship and plummeting straight down. If Kyousuke desired, he'd be able to go closer and see that it was none other than the man who had revered himself as God: Enel. Touching down softly upon the snowy terrain with little to no problems himself, Enel glanced around and charging up what seemed to be a massive ball of lightning in his left hand, he fired it downwards.

The lightning surged from Enel's hand and headed straight for the cabin that had been established here by explorers brave enough to venture this land's mountains. With the power behind it, there was no doubt in Enel's mind that bolt of lightning would have been enough to not only torch the cabin but immediately kill everyone inside. Which is likely what would have happened had a another figure not appeared in the lightning's path as he threw up a shield.

"Reflect."

Lightning crashed the shield and shifted course-heading straight back at Enel! Being made of lightning, Enel had little to fear as the lighting crashed into him with a massive explosion following it. As the smoke cleared, the ground around Enel would have looked completely ravaged while Enel looked unharmed with a smirk upon his face.

g86U9BW.png

"Humanity is the source of mine and many other's grievances. But the powers you possess seem barely like any other humans I've seen. Tell me your purpose for being here."

The figure who had saved the cabin from destruction demanded. He appeared to be the exact same creature that Kyousuke had been battling with the exception that he was missing pieces of armor here and there. Perhaps his encounter here would help to shed some light on things. But even after seeing his devil fruit's power turned against him, even if briefly, Enel didn't seem perturbed in the slightest at Mewtwo's demand of him.

"Heh, for a creature you speak with a bolder air than I've seen of any mere mortal. But everyone and everything will bow before God. 'Tis the natural order of things after all. As it turns out, I'm running an establishment meant to cater to those who'd enjoy seeing you creatures fight each-other. Lo and behold as I'm exploring, I hear of a strange group of creatures with powers hiding out in this valley."

q1jVHhZ.png

"You seem content to stand in the way of God. That wouldn't be the truth would it?"

Mewtwo clenched his hands into together and wind began to circle around him. This man with strange powers claimed to be some kind of higher entity? His attacks as they stood seemed to resemble that of an electric-type pokemon yet Mewtwo knew this couldn't have been the case. Unless, this man was another experiment like he had been. Something like a Pokemon-Human hybird?! The idea of serving under anyone, but something that monstrous sounded like hell and Mewtwo certainly wouldn't let the clones fall into this trap.

"I stood in the way, not because of any lost love for humanity. But I know senseless violence when I see it. You may proclaim to be God as much as you'd like. But human, pokemon, or some strange hybrid-I will not allow you to lay a finger on those under my protection!"

The atmosphere was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Mewtwo and Enel were both poised to strike should the other move first. But Enel was the one to seemingly diffuse the tense stand-off. By throwing back his head and laughing!

"Hahahahahah! You think me to be a pathetic mortal or a strange and freakish creature like yourself? You may speak like I do. But it seems even beasts still need a lesson in humility. Then, you will learn that I am beyond anything a mere 'Pokemon' can muster. 20,000, volt vari!"

1mWnMUn.jpg

The electricity shot out of Enel's hand once again only this time he took a leap first. Perhaps to get a better area effect with his attack? Or had it simply been a needless way to spread the destruction even further? Given the demented look on Enel's face, it's likely it was the latter. As the electricity surged through the snow and rock, an explosion rocked the mountainside as debris began to fall downward along with a massive wave of snow.

Mewtwo had taken flight himself and put up a barrier to try and deflect most of the incoming damage. But while he may have been safe, the same could not be said for the humans dwelling down below! The wave of snow had enough packed into it to qualify as an avalanche. Mewtwo hadn't been created yesterday, he knew exactly what Enel was trying to go for here. It'd have been easy to simply let the humans die and focus on his fight with Enel.

But he'd been down that careless road once. To let this go on without intervening would have set him upon it yet again. Which is why Mewtwo quickly downward and focusing a majority of psychic energy into the wave, every muscle in Mewtwo's body could have been seen straining to uphold the massive weigh being pressed before him. Enel smiled as his bait was taken into just as he had expected.

"Hahahaha! For a beast who speaks so eloquently of it's distate for humanity, you certainly vouch for their safety don't you? By two accounts that I can see!"

It certainly did strain Mewtwo's power but he wasn't about to let this arrogant fool keep that smirk upon his face. Using his left arm to keep a psychic focus on the snow, Mewtwo used his right to launch a shadow ball straight through the wave and towards Enel. Due to the cover of the snow, Enel didn't even see the blast coming until it was right in his face. It's too bad that didn't matter. The blast tore straight through Enel-literally! But as Mewtwo focused, he'd have seen a strange sight.

The man's body had a gaping hole in it. Surely, that alone would have been enough to fell him? But Enel's body began to flicker as if he were a TV that was having trouble getting the image to come in clearly. Eventually reforming, Enel showed no signs of damage whatsoever from Mewtwo's attack.

"I think you've wasted enough of my time, creature. BEGONE!"

Hearing the roaring sound that usually accompanied the crack of thunder, Mewtwo glanced up and noticed a gigantic blast of lightning surging down towards him. Knowing that if he were to dodge, it'd likely mean letting the snow drop and the death of these people, Mewtwo saw no other alternative. Letting out a fierce cry, Mewtwo used his psychic powers to teleport the snow away. But the effort had drained a significant portion of his energy and thus the beam of lightning cascaded into the pokemon. Hearing the noise from inside their cabin, the tourists stepped outside and noticed that a figure was falling from the sky and fast!

Noticing the curious humans making their way outside, Enel shot a blast of lightning directly in their path before calling down to them. "Stray any closer and suffer the wrath of God! This creature belongs to me and me alone! To soil it with your mortal touch would ruin it's value for me." Hopping down from the mountainside with as little difficulty as he had jumping off his ship, Enel landed near where Mewtwo's broken and battered body lay.

sABnVwm.jpg

"Tch.." It seemed like now that he'd been thoroughly weakened, the humans were of no interest to Enel. So long as they didn't touch with the God's belongings. Collapsing as he tried to pick himself up however, the humans showed no signs of retreating. This poor thing looked like a Pokemon and they weren't going to stand by while some guy abused it, no matter how weird he may have been! But Enel was not one to play games. As the humans continued to press their luck, Mewtwo used what was left of his psychic energy to take control of the human's minds.

"I will leave now and let you get back to business." The humans said in unison before quietly marching off. Amused by the display, Enel stomped his foot atop Mewtwo's head and pressed it against the ground once the humans were out of eyesight. The power of this man was certainly far more than Mewtwo could deal with. Even without his strange electrical powers.

"I will admit, creature. You've managed to impress even God! Most beings collapse and die after an encounter with me. For they usually fail to show the proper respect that a being like myself deserves. Yet, not only did you fight but you continued to defy my will even after your body is broken. I'll make a deal with you, creature. I'll spare your companions-wherever they may be-the fate that I'll deliver onto you but only if you swear to serve me..What say you?"

Mewtwo didn't respond at first. But once again because he was thinking of others before himself. Would the other Pokemon worry about him? Would they think the humans had taken him and attack?...No, Mewtwo had taught them better than that. They wouldn't act like primitive beasts on a mere hunch. But he had already been under one man's control and this man seemed like even more of a monster. What would he do?

"I'm growing impatient, creature. Speak your answer or I'll deal with you and seek out your kin myself."

"...There will be no need for that. I will go along with you so long as you spare them."

"...Heh, I knew you'd make the right choice. What is your name, creature?"

"...Mewtwo."

As Mewtwo reached up to take Enel's offered hand, they along with everything else faded away into mist. Leaving Kyousuke in what appeared to be a shiftless black-void. With little to no company. At least until he felt something poke him on the shoulder. If he turned to see what it was, he'd have noticed none other than..Mewtwo?!

8jDr0C0.jpg

"...You. You're the one I was fighting. The human with the strange psychic powers."

@Kaykay

6dqAsmr.jpg

So, she was a soldier huh? Well, Tobias supposed that they at least had some common ground there. But he was almost reminded of Rachael at the idea. A female soldier with blonde hair who knew a thing or two about fighting spirit? It almost made want the boy to laugh. Whereas Rachael wouldn't turn down the chance to tear into any enemies that dared to threaten her or her friends, Tobias didn't quite get that same kind of vibe from Beatrice. She seemed far too gentle for that.

Even if her alignment if it was what Tobias thought it was, happened to put him a wee bit on edge.

But before Tobias could say anymore, he noticed people fleeing for the exits after seeing enough of the battle between Hyousuke and Mewtwo. Well, if they'd been Controllers then they'd have likely stayed to see how this all played out. Determine whether who out of these two would make for a suitable host. Though given that these two were playing with powers that Tobias could only dream of, he doubted even a Yeerk would want to try messing with them.

That said, there might have still been innocent people in this crowd. Like that guy and his friend who fought against the monster girl. The red-head had already nearly gotten eaten by a sea monster and then almost got her head caved in. Tobias figured it might have been a bit unfair if she had to deal with psychic powers on top of that. Which is why Tobias had to ready himself for action and he couldn't do that as a boy.

"..Right, well it's nice to meet a fellow soldier."

Not giving any further elaboration on his comment, Tobias tried to fit in with those who were trying to head to the exit. Which unsurprisingly was quite a number of people. Seeing two girls fight was one thing but when stuff like this started happening? They wanted out and Tobias? He was as reluctant to stay here as any other person. But like it or not, he had a duty to try and help these people. All he had to do was get to a restroom..

Having underestimated Kyousuke's powers, Mewtwo was caught off guard by the sudden mental intrusion. Lashing out with a powerful wave of psychic energy, water was sent rushing into the stands. Smashing innocent patrons against the walls and tripping people up and knocking them to the ground. But while the patrons may have only had bloody noses and bruises to worry about, Kyousuke was about to see what had brought Mewtwo here and left him in the service of God.

QxSgYty.jpg

As Kyousuke began to peek around in Mewtwo's mindscape, he'd see that it had suddenly shifted to resemble what appeared to be a snowy mountain-village. With weather keeping most would-be enemies away, the place seemed perfect for hiding out from those who wanted to get away from the hassle of life and it's problems. Or at least such was the case until a new threat emerged on the horizon. If Kyousuke glanced upwards, he'd have seen what appeared to be a flying ship of some kind landing atop one of the mountains.

sKCCE2d.png

One lone figure could have been hopping off the side of the ship and plummeting straight down. If Kyousuke desired, he'd be able to go closer and see that it was none other than the man who had revered himself as God: Enel. Touching down softly upon the snowy terrain with little to no problems himself, Enel glanced around and charging up what seemed to be a massive ball of lightning in his left hand, he fired it downwards.

The lightning surged from Enel's hand and headed straight for the cabin that had been established here by explorers brave enough to venture this land's mountains. With the power behind it, there was no doubt in Enel's mind that bolt of lightning would have been enough to not only torch the cabin but immediately kill everyone inside. Which is likely what would have happened had a another figure not appeared in the lightning's path as he threw up a shield.

"Reflect."

Lightning crashed the shield and shifted course-heading straight back at Enel! Being made of lightning, Enel had little to fear as the lighting crashed into him with a massive explosion following it. As the smoke cleared, the ground around Enel would have looked completely ravaged while Enel looked unharmed with a smirk upon his face.

g86U9BW.png

"Humanity is the source of mine and many other's grievances. But the powers you possess seem barely like any other humans I've seen. Tell me your purpose for being here."

The figure who had saved the cabin from destruction demanded. He appeared to be the exact same creature that Kyousuke had been battling with the exception that he was missing pieces of armor here and there. Perhaps his encounter here would help to shed some light on things. But even after seeing his devil fruit's power turned against him, even if briefly, Enel didn't seem perturbed in the slightest at Mewtwo's demand of him.

"Heh, for a creature you speak with a bolder air than I've seen of any mere mortal. But everyone and everything will bow before God. 'Tis the natural order of things after all. As it turns out, I'm running an establishment meant to cater to those who'd enjoy seeing you creatures fight each-other. Lo and behold as I'm exploring, I hear of a strange group of creatures with powers hiding out in this valley."

q1jVHhZ.png

"You seem content to stand in the way of God. That wouldn't be the truth would it?"

Mewtwo clenched his hands into together and wind began to circle around him. This man with strange powers claimed to be some kind of higher entity? His attacks as they stood seemed to resemble that of an electric-type pokemon yet Mewtwo knew this couldn't have been the case. Unless, this man was another experiment like he had been. Something like a Pokemon-Human hybird?! The idea of serving under anyone, but something that monstrous sounded like hell and Mewtwo certainly wouldn't let the clones fall into this trap.

"I stood in the way, not because of any lost love for humanity. But I know senseless violence when I see it. You may proclaim to be God as much as you'd like. But human, pokemon, or some strange hybrid-I will not allow you to lay a finger on those under my protection!"

The atmosphere was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Mewtwo and Enel were both poised to strike should the other move first. But Enel was the one to seemingly diffuse the tense stand-off. By throwing back his head and laughing!

"Hahahahahah! You think me to be a pathetic mortal or a strange and freakish creature like yourself? You may speak like I do. But it seems even beasts still need a lesson in humility. Then, you will learn that I am beyond anything a mere 'Pokemon' can muster. 20,000, volt vari!"

1mWnMUn.jpg

The electricity shot out of Enel's hand once again only this time he took a leap first. Perhaps to get a better area effect with his attack? Or had it simply been a needless way to spread the destruction even further? Given the demented look on Enel's face, it's likely it was the latter. As the electricity surged through the snow and rock, an explosion rocked the mountainside as debris began to fall downward along with a massive wave of snow.

Mewtwo had taken flight himself and put up a barrier to try and deflect most of the incoming damage. But while he may have been safe, the same could not be said for the humans dwelling down below! The wave of snow had enough packed into it to qualify as an avalanche. Mewtwo hadn't been created yesterday, he knew exactly what Enel was trying to go for here. It'd have been easy to simply let the humans die and focus on his fight with Enel.

But he'd been down that careless road once. To let this go on without intervening would have set him upon it yet again. Which is why Mewtwo quickly downward and focusing a majority of psychic energy into the wave, every muscle in Mewtwo's body could have been seen straining to uphold the massive weigh being pressed before him. Enel smiled as his bait was taken into just as he had expected.

"Hahahaha! For a beast who speaks so eloquently of it's distate for humanity, you certainly vouch for their safety don't you? By two accounts that I can see!"

It certainly did strain Mewtwo's power but he wasn't about to let this arrogant fool keep that smirk upon his face. Using his left arm to keep a psychic focus on the snow, Mewtwo used his right to launch a shadow ball straight through the wave and towards Enel. Due to the cover of the snow, Enel didn't even see the blast coming until it was right in his face. It's too bad that didn't matter. The blast tore straight through Enel-literally! But as Mewtwo focused, he'd have seen a strange sight.

The man's body had a gaping hole in it. Surely, that alone would have been enough to fell him? But Enel's body began to flicker as if he were a TV that was having trouble getting the image to come in clearly. Eventually reforming, Enel showed no signs of damage whatsoever from Mewtwo's attack.

"I think you've wasted enough of my time, creature. BEGONE!"

Hearing the roaring sound that usually accompanied the crack of thunder, Mewtwo glanced up and noticed a gigantic blast of lightning surging down towards him. Knowing that if he were to dodge, it'd likely mean letting the snow drop and the death of these people, Mewtwo saw no other alternative. Letting out a fierce cry, Mewtwo used his psychic powers to teleport the snow away. But the effort had drained a significant portion of his energy and thus the beam of lightning cascaded into the pokemon. Hearing the noise from inside their cabin, the tourists stepped outside and noticed that a figure was falling from the sky and fast!

Noticing the curious humans making their way outside, Enel shot a blast of lightning directly in their path before calling down to them. "Stray any closer and suffer the wrath of God! This creature belongs to me and me alone! To soil it with your mortal touch would ruin it's value for me." Hopping down from the mountainside with as little difficulty as he had jumping off his ship, Enel landed near where Mewtwo's broken and battered body lay.

sABnVwm.jpg

"Tch.." It seemed like now that he'd been thoroughly weakened, the humans were of no interest to Enel. So long as they didn't touch with the God's belongings. Collapsing as he tried to pick himself up however, the humans showed no signs of retreating. This poor thing looked like a Pokemon and they weren't going to stand by while some guy abused it, no matter how weird he may have been! But Enel was not one to play games. As the humans continued to press their luck, Mewtwo used what was left of his psychic energy to take control of the human's minds.

"I will leave now and let you get back to business." The humans said in unison before quietly marching off. Amused by the display, Enel stomped his foot atop Mewtwo's head and pressed it against the ground once the humans were out of eyesight. The power of this man was certainly far more than Mewtwo could deal with. Even without his strange electrical powers.

"I will admit, creature. You've managed to impress even God! Most beings collapse and die after an encounter with me. For they usually fail to show the proper respect that a being like myself deserves. Yet, not only did you fight but you continued to defy my will even after your body is broken. I'll make a deal with you, creature. I'll spare your companions-wherever they may be-the fate that I'll deliver onto you but only if you swear to serve me..What say you?"

Mewtwo didn't respond at first. But once again because he was thinking of others before himself. Would the other Pokemon worry about him? Would they think the humans had taken him and attack?...No, Mewtwo had taught them better than that. They wouldn't act like primitive beasts on a mere hunch. But he had already been under one man's control and this man seemed like even more of a monster. What would he do?

"I'm growing impatient, creature. Speak your answer or I'll deal with you and seek out your kin myself."

"...There will be no need for that. I will go along with you so long as you spare them."

"...Heh, I knew you'd make the right choice. What is your name, creature?"

"...Mewtwo."

As Mewtwo reached up to take Enel's offered hand, they along with everything else faded away into mist. Leaving Kyousuke in what appeared to be a shiftless black-void. With little to no company. At least until he felt something poke him on the shoulder. If he turned to see what it was, he'd have noticed none other than..Mewtwo?!

8jDr0C0.jpg

"...You. You're the one I was fighting. The human with the strange psychic powers."

@Kaykay
tumblr_inline_n47qc27jKV1rsl9jz.jpg

"So this...is your story."

In truth, he'd known. He knew that this creature had to have been controlled. It had acted far too robotic for that to be its natural nature. Either that, or it would have had to have been reared from birth like that, which would have been just as cruel, if not more so.

Now, he knew the one running this show. A man who fancied himself god because of what seemed to be electric based ESP powers. But while espers were certainly superior to the filthy normals, they were not divine entities. He would never make his fellow espers worship the ground he tread, or believe himself to be immortal.

Kyousuke Hyoubu would show the one who called himself god his real place, grovelling on the floor.

tumblr_inline_n47qfjVsA81rsl9jz.jpg

"Yup, that's me! Kyousuke Hyoubu, and you are Mewtwo, right? You must be awfully tired. Fighting and fighting and fighting, all for a man you despise. Yes, he's just a man, nobody who can merely command lightning could possibly hope to become god."

As if to demonstrate his point, he let loose a few sparks from his own hand.

"Don't lie down and take it like a dog. Let's destroy this cocky bastard together, hm?"

@Chewy Rabbits

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
tumblr_inline_n47qfjVsA81rsl9jz.jpg

"Yup, that's me! Kyousuke Hyoubu, and you are Mewtwo, right? You must be awfully tired. Fighting and fighting and fighting, all for a man you despise. Yes, he's just a man, nobody who can merely command lightning could possibly hope to become god."

As if to demonstrate his point, he let loose a few sparks from his own hand.

"Don't lie down and take it like a dog. Let's destroy this cocky bastard together, hm?"
Mewtwo had little reason to trust humanity. Least of all after what had happened to him and the clone pokemon he cared for. But unlike all of the others, this one had literally gotten inside his head. Seen his thoughts and still offered to help. Was this man a villain that would leave to tend to his own devices after this choice encounter? Or was he like that one boy that Mewtwo had encountered all those years ago. They both took up arms against those who would prey on others.

"You have my gratitude, Kyousuke Hyoubu. I hope my faith will not be misplaced..."

With that the image of Mewtwo vanished and Kyosuke would have been left alone in Mewtwo's head-space where things seemed calm now that Mewtwo had a new goal in mind. On the outside however, it was anything but calm. Water raged back and forth, seats were torn off from where they'd been bolted down and debris was sent circling around Mewtwo's body as the armor was telekinetically ripped off his body.

With a deadly blue glow illuminating his eyes, Mewtwo glanced up at the ceiling. He knew that on the floor above this one, Enel was likely watching and knew very well what was coming. Not wishing to cause any harm to the patrons who had merely come to watch the spectacle, Mewtwo floated up through the hole he'd made earlier by flinging Gavril through the floor.

Y7bsAHN.jpg

"You seem prepared, Enel. Were you expecting a betrayal to happen this day?"

Enel had indeed been lounging around and watching the battle-brief as it may have been-unfolding in his arena. Now, the beast he had beaten down and 'tamed' had decided to rise up against him. Not bothering to stand up, Enel clasped his hands together and nodded.

"Even if I hadn't already known your intentions, creature, your actions down below made it quite clear what you desired. To be freed from the constraints put upon you by another monster. But I am a fair god above all else. You wish to get your revenge and see me taken down a notch?" Enel slowly rose to his feet and mockingly smirked at the Pokemon.

"Then you can go ahead and try."

@Kaykay

"Fufu, a strong will of your own. Now, that's what I like to see."

Not wishing to invade a fellow esper's mind for any longer than necessary, Kyousuke exited the world of Mewtwo's mind, returning to the world of reality. Without batting an eye at the raging waters and destruction of the arena, he simply teleported up to where the one who called himself god kept seated.

tumblr_inline_mrakdd9FnP1qz4rgp.png

"I hope you don't mean to leave me out of this now."

A shockwave of telekentic energy pulsed forward, ripping apart the earth as it moved towards Enel!

@Chewy Rabbits

tumblr_inline_mrakdd9FnP1qz4rgp.png

"I hope you don't mean to leave me out of this now."

A shockwave of telekentic energy pulsed forward, ripping apart the earth as it moved towards Enel!
R4TzxPe.jpg

"Yahahahah, you'll be wishing you stayed out of it, my friend..."

Closing his eyes, Enel's body shifted into electricity and veered to the side of the incoming shockwave. The attack however did destroy Enel's throne and the wall behind it. Frowning at the destruction, Enel turned towards Kyousuke. "You'll be the first to fall by God's might.."

Seeing the electricity spark at Enel's fingertips, Mewtwo clasped his hands together as he began to charge up a shadow ball. He had managed to last for a decent amount of time against Enel on his own. Perhaps with this new ally, he could finally win! Hurling the shadow ball at Enel, the self-proclaimed deity made no attempt to stop it as electricity continued to surge around his person.

2579904_o_by_toxicmouse77-d9iiixl.gif

"Sango..."

The electricity surged outwards from Enel's body, destroying everything in it's path. Mewtwo barely had enough time to put a barrier up as he was obscured by the torrent of electricity that engulfed him, Enel, and Kyousuke and tore straight through the ceiling of the club.

Down below, the few patrons that had remained would do so no longer. They came to see a fight, not be murdered themselves! Fleeing enmasse for the exit, Blackbeard was one of the few who stayed in his seat despite the sheer destruction occurring around him. After all, it was for Enel's devil fruit that he came to this trashy place to begin with. Keeping his eyes glued upwards, Blackbeard sneered as he saw Mewtwo rise from the rubble, his barrier having been destroyed by the sheer amount of power Enel had put out.

xmAhbTi.jpg

"You'll...Not rid yourself of us that easily, I'm afraid."

Although Mewtwo's words were bold, Enel's destruction had left quite the swath of destruction. Those who were blocks away in Castlevania City could have seen the sky light up as a torrent of electricity surged upwards. Not to mention the fact that where there had once been a prestigous looking chamber was now a charred and ruined mess. Enel for his part seemed none the worse for wear as he looked the two down.

"Do you still wish to continue? To keep pushing forward in your sacrilege against God?"

@Kaykay

Kyousuke chuckled amusedly as Enel showed annoyance with his destroyed throne. "You know, you should have used those godly powers of yours to protect your throne, shouldn't you? Mr. God." Smirking, he simply held up a telekinetic barrier in front of himself as Enel let loose bolts of lightning, leaving just him, Mewtwo, Enel, and Blackbeard remaining.

"Ah, I have no interest in fighting god. But a delusional man who thinks he's god?"

There was no excuse for espers who would trample on their fellow espers, for no reason other than their own delusions of grandeur. This Mewtwo had done nothing, yet Enel had enslaved him because he believed himself to be god? Ridiculous. Stupid. Annoying.

Unforgivable.

His hand moved to his collar, turning his limiter upside-down to disable it. A purple aura engulfed the esper as his full power was unleashed, the full power of a level 7 esper that possessed multiple powers. All of it directed at the one foolish enough to declare himself god.

tumblr_mhcw8bIfuC1qc2yh4o1_500.gif

"I'll wipe you from the face of the earth."

In his open palm, a ball of electricity crackled, as if to mirror the act Enel himself had just performed. Swinging his arm outwards, he threw the sparking electricity towards Enel in a full bolt of lightning, as if to mock the man's powers.

@Chewy Rabbits

His hand moved to his collar, turning his limiter upside-down to disable it. A purple aura engulfed the esper as his full power was unleashed, the full power of a level 7 esper that possessed multiple powers. All of it directed at the one foolish enough to declare himself god.

tumblr_mhcw8bIfuC1qc2yh4o1_500.gif

"I'll wipe you from the face of the earth."

In his open palm, a ball of electricity crackled, as if to mirror the act Enel himself had just performed. Swinging his arm outwards, he threw the sparking electricity towards Enel in a full bolt of lightning, as if to mock the man's powers.

lhd63XL.png

"Heresy to the very end then? I'll see you off...TO OBLIVION!"

Enel's body radiated with eletricity as Mewtwo struggled to put up another barrier. He had seen the potential of power that Kyousuke was capable of. It didn't seem like it would be unwise to allow him to continue the fight in his stead. Or at least until he regained power. But as the ball of lightning arced towards Enel, he seemed to make no move to counter act it.

"30,000,000 Volt Hino."

Just then one of the drums on Enel's back began to glow. More and more electricity surged outward before taking shape. This time in the form of a hawk which swooped forward. Clashing with Kyousuke's attack, electricity shot out every which way. Coliding against Mewtwo's barrier and shooting downwards at Blackbeard's feet. But the pirate couldn't have been more excited by the sight. This is what he had come to this stupid tournament for. Not to fight some lowlives looking to risk their lives. But real authentic power!

"Zehahaha, once the stranger finishes Enel off...I'll swoop in for the prize."

@Kaykay

Kyousuke didn't even flinch in the face of the crackling lightning. One of the fastest, most destructive forces of nature was under the control of two different people in what was once a grand arena. The current status of the battleground spoke volumes about the unholy ramifications of that fact. Even if they weren't gods like Enel was inclined to believe, it was certainly far from a battle among normal men.

No, this was a battle of men who had surpassed that stage, moving on to the level of superhuman. When one played with dangerous toys like these, superhuman or not, somebody was going to die.

And Kyousuke was determined to not allow that one to be him.

His left hand crackled with blue electricity. Million volts, ten thousand volts, he didn't give a damn about numbers like that. This was his power, the power he'd gained from his long-lost allies. Numbers were meaningless before him.

His right arm was wreathed with flames, a dark blue sword composed of psychokinetic energy forming within his grasp. The fires danced around the sword, shrouding it in the flames of anger. Of loss. Each power he had came with the memory of his unit, his squadron. And no million or even billions of volts would hold that back.

His two separate arms clashed together, creating an abomination of nature only an esper could make. Fire, lightning, kinetic energy, all of it was combined into a singular weapon, one single sword.

"Please, tell me. How oblivion feels. After all, you're the only one who's going to experience it. Take this, you arrogant, half-naked bastard!"

With a roar, the sword extended at a rapid rate, transforming into a beam of Kyousuke's raw psychic energy. It annihilated all in its path, a combination of the esper's raw physical damage powers, all without his limiter in effect. This was the destruction of an unlimited, multi-power level 7.

@Chewy Rabbits

Status
Not open for further replies.