Status
Not open for further replies.
Leah blinked and stared at Lucifer. She took a second to take it all in. She noticed the flashlight. Much different than the torches she knew in her world. She clutched her book of lore tightly and kept her crossbow at her side. This man carried himself much like the Crusader of her world, or her uncle Deckard.

latest

"I think I might be lost.... I woke up in a room back there, and have no idea where I came from." She looked at him and his equipment. "I'm Leah Cain." She introduced herself.
"Lucifer Tepes."

Pretty little thing, he noted. Not a scuff or dirt mark on her. Which meant either magic(considering the ammesia, plausible) or she just appeared out of nowhere.

.....He shook himself out of his pondering and spoke.

"C'mon....I'll lead you out of here then. This isn't a safe place to be at the best of times."

He walked and waited for her to catch up before they moved out again.

"So tell me, Leah Cain....What do you remember before waking up?"

@Minerva

"Lucifer Tepes."

Pretty little thing, he noted. Not a scuff or dirt mark on her. Which meant either magic(considering the ammesia, plausible) or she just appeared out of nowhere.

.....He shook himself out of his pondering and spoke.

"C'mon....I'll lead you out of here then. This isn't a safe place to be at the best of times."

He walked and waited for her to catch up before they moved out again.

"So tell me, Leah Cain....What do you remember before waking up?"

@Minerva
Leah nodded and began to follow. This really was harkening back to her pre-Diablo days of venturing with the Crusader through dark tunnels. She gripped her crossbow tightly, ready to use it in case of danger.

Brief flashes of memory came to her. "I can remember my mother Adria and I with the Black Soulstone... I don't remember much after that. I'm sorry." she sighed.

Leah nodded and began to follow. This really was harkening back to her pre-Diablo days of venturing with the Crusader through dark tunnels. She gripped her crossbow tightly, ready to use it in case of danger.

Brief flashes of memory came to her. "I can remember my mother Adria and I with the Black Soulstone... I don't remember much after that. I'm sorry." she sighed.
"Black Soulstone?"

Lucifer frowned, treading carefully as he paused and listened to the air. Down here, sound traveled fast and light even faster.

"Black crystal? Obsidian like? I used to know something like that, but always at a distance. Was about the size of maybe...Half of this." He hefted the flashlight and reached back in memory.

"I could hold it in my hand, no problem. Was always behind bars though. Not sure what happened to it, but a lot of strange artifacts got lost after the explosion. Now...Where are we?"

He mused aloud and froze suddenly as a heavy click of metal on stone echoed down a passageway.

He immediately stepped back and turned off the flashlight, seizing Leah's hand in the dark.

"Its me, now shhhh....Don't suppose you know magic?"

@Minerva

"Black Soulstone?"

Lucifer frowned, treading carefully as he paused and listened to the air. Down here, sound traveled fast and light even faster.

"Black crystal? Obsidian like? I used to know something like that, but always at a distance. Was about the size of maybe...Half of this." He hefted the flashlight and reached back in memory.

"I could hold it in my hand, no problem. Was always behind bars though. Not sure what happened to it, but a lot of strange artifacts got lost after the explosion. Now...Where are we?"

He mused aloud and froze suddenly as a heavy click of metal on stone echoed down a passageway.

He immediately stepped back and turned off the flashlight, seizing Leah's hand in the dark.

"Its me, now shhhh....Don't suppose you know magic?"

@Minerva
"It is like obsidian, yes. It holds the souls of the Prime Evils: Baal, Azmodam, and Diablo. My mother and I were attempting to reseal Azmodan back into it." Leah said. She carefully followed Lucifer, her crossbow at the ready in case of danger.

When Lucifer grabbed her hand and asked if she could perform magic, she nodded. "Yes, I can use magic." She said.

"It is like obsidian, yes. It holds the souls of the Prime Evils: Baal, Azmodam, and Diablo. My mother and I were attempting to reseal Azmodan back into it." Leah said. She carefully followed Lucifer, her crossbow at the ready in case of danger.

When Lucifer grabbed her hand and asked if she could perform magic, she nodded. "Yes, I can use magic." She said.
Now those names he recognized. Well, to a degree. Baal and Azmodam, an abbreviation of Asmodeus was easy enough. Both were old and powerful names of demonic forces, which was already triggering every warning sign flashing in his head. Diablo on the other hand?

Well, that one wasn't even trying to be subtle, now was it? He sighed inwardly, and wondered why his father couldn't have collected a less threatening array of items.

But here they were. Holding hands with a girl who wielded a crossbow with the practiced ease of one who knew it well, told him she knew magic and was somehow connected to....Demon hunting? Sealing? Something heroic.

And then the noise was heard, a rattling of people and lights of their own, illuminating the silhouette of guns. Lucifer scoffed quietly.

New people. Guns are a bad idea down here, the slightest spark sets off gas pockets. Which means these are new players of a sort, but who-.

And in the back, he saw something lumber...Something huge.

"....Back off, slowly and as quiet as possible Leah."

"Its down here somewhere! Keep looking!"

A.) 'We should avoid them entirely. Lets move."

B.) "Right, keep still and let them move on."

C.) "Aren't you the least bit curious? Lets get closer."

@Minerva

"That depends really my dear. Either they show mercy....Or they don't. Castlevania City is famous for it, which is why most of these fights are centered here."

He smiled and leaned back as he added.

"Something about the air...Still! You are free to intervene as you like. Myself, I'm of the opinion that those who enter that ring willingly get everything they deserve...Adulation or execution."

JE5lZUe.jpg

"Someone should do something."

Tobias's gaze rested intensely on the fight as it seemed like the winner had been decided in all but name. He had heard how some Yeerks had their hosts battle eachother for their own amusement in some cases. Others simply enjoyed humans and other races fall before their superiority. Just a major fault of the upbringing most Yeerks had which was that Yeerks were great and everything else? Well, the universe was absolutely filled with beings that existed solely so the Yeerks could rise above their natural status of being two-inch long blind alien slugs and become powerful in their own right!

It's just bad news that this meant invading Earth, y'know, the same planet Tobias and his friends call home. But while Tobias had been through a lot in the war against the Yeerks, he wasn't going to act as if he had it worse than others. Seeing a gigantic monster from the water torn to pieces before your very eyes? That was pretty horrifying and Tobias didn't want to sit around and watch as this girl died right in front of him! He had to do something!

He had to...Morph!

But in plain sight like this? If a Controller was present they'd be able to nail him for sure. Granted they already tried the torture angle and it didn't work out too well for them. But if he ran off to morph back into his hawk form and then morph again? The process was absolutely exhausting and Tobias wasn't exactly sure his battle morph would even be able to stop this chick before she murdered Tomo in cold blood.

Oh, there was also the little fact that Tobias was shaking like a leaf himself at the mere thought. He had faced down Vissers, cannibalistic Taxxons, eight feet tall buzzsaws in the Hork Bajrs, evil cosmic entities in Crayak but this? This somehow frightened him more than the rest. Maybe it was because this woman wasn't an alien. She was from here. But even engulfed by fear as he was, standing by wasn't going to help either. What was it he had said a while back? During one of the group's more dangerous missions.

"There’s only one way to deal with fear: Be afraid. Be afraid, and then go ahead and do what you have to do, anyway."

He was absolutely petrified to the spot from the display of Gavril's brute strength. But even so, those sitting near him would have been able to see the outlying features of feathers appearing on Tobias's arms. But not just any hawk feathers either. These were the feathers belonging to a Red-Tailed hawk.

qbbLAl6.jpg

The true form of the boy standing in the crowd.

It might have risked blowing his cover but even if he was afraid of the consequences, he couldn't risk someone losing their lives. Not right infront of him when he had the power to help. In the ring itself, Gavril menacingly stepped towards Tomo who was out of plans and out of energy. She had been put into a match that she had no chance of even coming close to winning and the one plan she had? Went right down the drain and into the watery depths.

Too bad it seemed like she was going to follow shortly behind. Clutching to her injured shoulder, Tomo glanced up at Gavril without a hint of fear in her eyes. Jun had seen her do her best and had cheered her on. She had no reason to be afraid. She'd done what she wanted right up to the end.

RKAIpBB.png

"Alright, I lost fair and square. Do what you're gonna do and get it over with."

It felt strange to be giving orders when the said orders were to off her as quick as possible. Maybe it's because she didn't want to hear Jun's cries as she was torn apart or whatever this chick was going to do to her. He had already seen her try her best against this monster. Tomo certainly didn't want her death to be a spectacle for him to be horrified by. For her part, Gavril respected the girl's tenacity through and through. Even though she knew she was outclassed from the start, Tomo kept fighting. Reminded Gavril of her sisters.

Too bad she hated her sisters. Most of the time anyway.

"Your wish is my command, chica."

Slamming the sole of her boot into Tomo's stomach, Gavril forced her onto her back as she raised her other boot up. Primed to bring it down and cave her skull in! Watching from the stands, Tobias was prepared to speed up his morphing. Maybe he could scratch her eyes out and then-

"STOP!"

Gavril's foot stopped only inches away from Tomo's nose as both glanced over. Gavril recognized the voice of the obnoxious idiot who had signed up Tomo for the fight she couldn't win. But Tomo knew him far more clearly than that. "Jun! Stay away! You can't stop her!" She yelled but Jun ignored her. Pushing past people that were in his way until he stood before the water and the ring. True, he could have taken the normal entrances into the ring but that'd take too long! He'd have to go for it!

moXxq1M.jpg

"Don't worry about a thing, Tomo! I'm not letting some beefed up mutant chick with awesome powers kill you! NO WAY!"

Diving into the war, Jun swam like his life depended on it. He knew full well that he might have been snatched up and gulped down. He was freezing with fear but he couldn't afford to show it! He was the one who got Tomo in this mess and now he was the one who'd get her out of it!

Gripping onto either side of the ring, Jun pulled himself up and pointed a finger at Gavril. Yes, he pointed a finger at the eight foot tall patchwork monstrosity that could literally turn into a beast before his very eyes and gobble him like so many others? Gavril bared her teeth at him and for a moment it seemed like Jun would have to fight. But instead Gavril surprised both of them. Stripping off her jacket, Gavril kicked Tomo over to Jun and tossed him her jacket.

"W-Wha b-bu..."

JIJOZgi.png

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, kid. It may just bite ya. I had fun with your friend and seeing all the ways she tried to fight back. Even if it ended up failing completely on her end but them's the breaks. S'not like I'm gonna be freezing to death. So, go ahead and give her my jacket so she can cool off. Oh! Hey, you know what you gotta say right?"

Needless to say that Gavril's reasoning for sparing Tomo irked Jun. Is this all this had been to her? Just a fair bit of fun? She had almost killed Tomo for crying out loud! But before Jun could offer a rebuttal, Tomo slipped the jacket over her shoulders and smiled. "Eh? Tomo, you shouldn't move too much-"

"Hold on a second, Jun. The lady's right, I got something to say. I, Tomo Aizawa concede this match!"

Grinning at the display and blissfully ignorant of the lustful stares she was garnering without her jacket, Gavril glanced up at the sportsbox where the announcers for each match resided. "HEY! SHE SAID THE WORDS! GIVE ME WHAT I EARNED, FUCKERS!" Shivering at the thought of incurring Gavril's wrath, the announcer spoke up now that Tomo had officially conceded the match.

"THE WINNER IS GAVRIL MADARAKI! ONE OF GOD'S PRIESTS WILL SEE YOU TO YOUR REWARD!"

"Tch, God's circlejerk boys are gonna show me the way huh? How thoughtful." Gavril muttered as she walked out of the ring without missing a beat. Although she was without a jacket, Gavril had fun and really? That's all that mattered to her. Stopping as she saw someone ride the elevator from the top floor, Gavril watched as one of Enel's supposed priests stepped out.

kuro.jpg

"Gavril Madaraki, was it? I'm Kuro, one of Lord Enel's priests. Follow me to your prize." The priest said as he pushed up his glasses and motioned for her to join him within the elevator. Gavril had to admit that she'd been expecting a priest to look a little less lame but beggars couldn't be choosers. They also couldn't be winners. Stomping into the elevator, Gavril tapped a foot impatiently. "This God of yours better be worth my fuckin time, Glasses."

Watching as Gavril left with Kuro, Tomo rose to her feet still soaked down to her feet in blood. With Gavril's jacket hanging loosely on her shoulders, she supposed it was almost fitting. Noticing his friend watching the monster girl leave, he couldn't help but comment. "Hey? You feeling alright, Tomo? We should probably get that shoulder wound checked out."

"Huh? Yeah, yeah. Get it all stitched up and raring to go. That kind of deal. You wanna know something, Jun?"

9qG3Z5q.jpg

"What?"

"By all accounts I should be dead. She could have stomped my head into paste and wouldn't have been a damn thing you could do about it. But, instead I'm alive and while I should be pissed at you, I can't help but think more on maybe if I impacted her or something."

"What? Like became her friend through combat?"

"Eeeeh, friend's probably too strong a word. How about fighting acquaintances? Also, don't think you're off the hook! I ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"TOMO, HOLD ON A SECOND!"

As Tomo continued to scold Jun down in the ring, Tobias visibly relaxed and the feathers vanished. That had been a decision purely fueled by adrenaline and wanting to do the right thing. But whereas Tobias had felt that he would have been better off going in his hawk form, that guy didn't care on bit. He rushed head first straight into danger without even thinking of the consquences. It was so stubborn, so brash, so...

So much like Rachael.

@Kaykay @Michale CS @Ringmaster

As Tomo continued to scold Jun down in the ring, Tobias visibly relaxed and the feathers vanished. That had been a decision purely fueled by adrenaline and wanting to do the right thing. But whereas Tobias had felt that he would have been better off going in his hawk form, that guy didn't care on bit. He rushed head first straight into danger without even thinking of the consquences. It was so stubborn, so brash, so...

So much like Rachael.
"Boy, I rarely give out anything for free. But I'll share this for your attempt. Pick your fights."

The old dragon smiled in nostalgia, frowning as a bodyguard approached and leaned forward to whisper.

"General Raam has arrived."

He sighed in mild disappointment, but got up to leave as his bodyguards moved to position. He waved them off irritably as he turned to go, before turning halfway back to speak.

"And once you have, hammer with all your might. Have a lovely evening ladies. Boy."

And with that, he was gone.

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @Kaykay

"Well... this was. Disappointing." She stood and breezed out with her entourage.

Now those names he recognized. Well, to a degree. Baal and Azmodam, an abbreviation of Asmodeus was easy enough. Both were old and powerful names of demonic forces, which was already triggering every warning sign flashing in his head. Diablo on the other hand?

Well, that one wasn't even trying to be subtle, now was it? He sighed inwardly, and wondered why his father couldn't have collected a less threatening array of items.

But here they were. Holding hands with a girl who wielded a crossbow with the practiced ease of one who knew it well, told him she knew magic and was somehow connected to....Demon hunting? Sealing? Something heroic.

And then the noise was heard, a rattling of people and lights of their own, illuminating the silhouette of guns. Lucifer scoffed quietly.

New people. Guns are a bad idea down here, the slightest spark sets off gas pockets. Which means these are new players of a sort, but who-.

And in the back, he saw something lumber...Something huge.

"....Back off, slowly and as quiet as possible Leah."

"Its down here somewhere! Keep looking!"

A.) 'We should avoid them entirely. Lets move."

B.) "Right, keep still and let them move on."

C.) "Aren't you the least bit curious? Lets get closer."

@Minerva
Leah clutched her book in the other hand from her crossbow and held her breath when the people walked by. She stared in fascination at the guns. She had heard of people in another land creating weapons like them for use in combat, but she had never seen one in use. They seemed like crossbows.

"Let's remain still and let them move on." Leah said. Perhaps we can find something out about this place from them."

Leah clutched her book in the other hand from her crossbow and held her breath when the people walked by. She stared in fascination at the guns. She had heard of people in another land creating weapons like them for use in combat, but she had never seen one in use. They seemed like crossbows.

"Let's remain still and let them move on." Leah said. Perhaps we can find something out about this place from them."
Lucifer sniffed the air briefly.

Bourbon? Not professionals per se then. Mercs? No- Weapons are an assortment, individual and varied. Wait...

"An adventuring party." He murmured quietly. He nodded carefully and spoke.

"That big man with the gatling gun is their heavy weapons. The woman with the staff looks magic. Then we have the cyborg and finally, the doctor. But the fact they have guns means they're not so experienced with how things work down here-."

And then all of a sudden, there was a quiet flapping noise and then the cyborg keeled over, the head detached from its shoulders.

The response was immediate as the gatling gun man and the witch went back to back and began to blast the surrounding area. Lucifer cursed briefly as he saw something in the flash, alongside Leah.

71d4c14c9d7555f60d81c887ae267b93.jpg

@Minerva

JE5lZUe.jpg

"Someone should do something."

Tobias's gaze rested intensely on the fight as it seemed like the winner had been decided in all but name. He had heard how some Yeerks had their hosts battle eachother for their own amusement in some cases. Others simply enjoyed humans and other races fall before their superiority. Just a major fault of the upbringing most Yeerks had which was that Yeerks were great and everything else? Well, the universe was absolutely filled with beings that existed solely so the Yeerks could rise above their natural status of being two-inch long blind alien slugs and become powerful in their own right!

It's just bad news that this meant invading Earth, y'know, the same planet Tobias and his friends call home. But while Tobias had been through a lot in the war against the Yeerks, he wasn't going to act as if he had it worse than others. Seeing a gigantic monster from the water torn to pieces before your very eyes? That was pretty horrifying and Tobias didn't want to sit around and watch as this girl died right in front of him! He had to do something!

He had to...Morph!

But in plain sight like this? If a Controller was present they'd be able to nail him for sure. Granted they already tried the torture angle and it didn't work out too well for them. But if he ran off to morph back into his hawk form and then morph again? The process was absolutely exhausting and Tobias wasn't exactly sure his battle morph would even be able to stop this chick before she murdered Tomo in cold blood.

Oh, there was also the little fact that Tobias was shaking like a leaf himself at the mere thought. He had faced down Vissers, cannibalistic Taxxons, eight feet tall buzzsaws in the Hork Bajrs, evil cosmic entities in Crayak but this? This somehow frightened him more than the rest. Maybe it was because this woman wasn't an alien. She was from here. But even engulfed by fear as he was, standing by wasn't going to help either. What was it he had said a while back? During one of the group's more dangerous missions.

"There’s only one way to deal with fear: Be afraid. Be afraid, and then go ahead and do what you have to do, anyway."

He was absolutely petrified to the spot from the display of Gavril's brute strength. But even so, those sitting near him would have been able to see the outlying features of feathers appearing on Tobias's arms. But not just any hawk feathers either. These were the feathers belonging to a Red-Tailed hawk.

qbbLAl6.jpg

The true form of the boy standing in the crowd.

It might have risked blowing his cover but even if he was afraid of the consequences, he couldn't risk someone losing their lives. Not right infront of him when he had the power to help. In the ring itself, Gavril menacingly stepped towards Tomo who was out of plans and out of energy. She had been put into a match that she had no chance of even coming close to winning and the one plan she had? Went right down the drain and into the watery depths.

Too bad it seemed like she was going to follow shortly behind. Clutching to her injured shoulder, Tomo glanced up at Gavril without a hint of fear in her eyes. Jun had seen her do her best and had cheered her on. She had no reason to be afraid. She'd done what she wanted right up to the end.

RKAIpBB.png

"Alright, I lost fair and square. Do what you're gonna do and get it over with."

It felt strange to be giving orders when the said orders were to off her as quick as possible. Maybe it's because she didn't want to hear Jun's cries as she was torn apart or whatever this chick was going to do to her. He had already seen her try her best against this monster. Tomo certainly didn't want her death to be a spectacle for him to be horrified by. For her part, Gavril respected the girl's tenacity through and through. Even though she knew she was outclassed from the start, Tomo kept fighting. Reminded Gavril of her sisters.

Too bad she hated her sisters. Most of the time anyway.

"Your wish is my command, chica."

Slamming the sole of her boot into Tomo's stomach, Gavril forced her onto her back as she raised her other boot up. Primed to bring it down and cave her skull in! Watching from the stands, Tobias was prepared to speed up his morphing. Maybe he could scratch her eyes out and then-

"STOP!"

Gavril's foot stopped only inches away from Tomo's nose as both glanced over. Gavril recognized the voice of the obnoxious idiot who had signed up Tomo for the fight she couldn't win. But Tomo knew him far more clearly than that. "Jun! Stay away! You can't stop her!" She yelled but Jun ignored her. Pushing past people that were in his way until he stood before the water and the ring. True, he could have taken the normal entrances into the ring but that'd take too long! He'd have to go for it!

moXxq1M.jpg

"Don't worry about a thing, Tomo! I'm not letting some beefed up mutant chick with awesome powers kill you! NO WAY!"

Diving into the war, Jun swam like his life depended on it. He knew full well that he might have been snatched up and gulped down. He was freezing with fear but he couldn't afford to show it! He was the one who got Tomo in this mess and now he was the one who'd get her out of it!

Gripping onto either side of the ring, Jun pulled himself up and pointed a finger at Gavril. Yes, he pointed a finger at the eight foot tall patchwork monstrosity that could literally turn into a beast before his very eyes and gobble him like so many others? Gavril bared her teeth at him and for a moment it seemed like Jun would have to fight. But instead Gavril surprised both of them. Stripping off her jacket, Gavril kicked Tomo over to Jun and tossed him her jacket.

"W-Wha b-bu..."

JIJOZgi.png

"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, kid. It may just bite ya. I had fun with your friend and seeing all the ways she tried to fight back. Even if it ended up failing completely on her end but them's the breaks. S'not like I'm gonna be freezing to death. So, go ahead and give her my jacket so she can cool off. Oh! Hey, you know what you gotta say right?"

Needless to say that Gavril's reasoning for sparing Tomo irked Jun. Is this all this had been to her? Just a fair bit of fun? She had almost killed Tomo for crying out loud! But before Jun could offer a rebuttal, Tomo slipped the jacket over her shoulders and smiled. "Eh? Tomo, you shouldn't move too much-"

"Hold on a second, Jun. The lady's right, I got something to say. I, Tomo Aizawa concede this match!"

Grinning at the display and blissfully ignorant of the lustful stares she was garnering without her jacket, Gavril glanced up at the sportsbox where the announcers for each match resided. "HEY! SHE SAID THE WORDS! GIVE ME WHAT I EARNED, FUCKERS!" Shivering at the thought of incurring Gavril's wrath, the announcer spoke up now that Tomo had officially conceded the match.

"THE WINNER IS GAVRIL MADARAKI! ONE OF GOD'S PRIESTS WILL SEE YOU TO YOUR REWARD!"

"Tch, God's circlejerk boys are gonna show me the way huh? How thoughtful." Gavril muttered as she walked out of the ring without missing a beat. Although she was without a jacket, Gavril had fun and really? That's all that mattered to her. Stopping as she saw someone ride the elevator from the top floor, Gavril watched as one of Enel's supposed priests stepped out.

kuro.jpg

"Gavril Madaraki, was it? I'm Kuro, one of Lord Enel's priests. Follow me to your prize." The priest said as he pushed up his glasses and motioned for her to join him within the elevator. Gavril had to admit that she'd been expecting a priest to look a little less lame but beggars couldn't be choosers. They also couldn't be winners. Stomping into the elevator, Gavril tapped a foot impatiently. "This God of yours better be worth my fuckin time, Glasses."

Watching as Gavril left with Kuro, Tomo rose to her feet still soaked down to her feet in blood. With Gavril's jacket hanging loosely on her shoulders, she supposed it was almost fitting. Noticing his friend watching the monster girl leave, he couldn't help but comment. "Hey? You feeling alright, Tomo? We should probably get that shoulder wound checked out."

"Huh? Yeah, yeah. Get it all stitched up and raring to go. That kind of deal. You wanna know something, Jun?"

9qG3Z5q.jpg

"What?"

"By all accounts I should be dead. She could have stomped my head into paste and wouldn't have been a damn thing you could do about it. But, instead I'm alive and while I should be pissed at you, I can't help but think more on maybe if I impacted her or something."

"What? Like became her friend through combat?"

"Eeeeh, friend's probably too strong a word. How about fighting acquaintances? Also, don't think you're off the hook! I ALMOST DIED BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"TOMO, HOLD ON A SECOND!"

So much like Rachael.

@Kaykay @Michale CS @Ringmaster
Unlike the other two, Beatrice didn't simply lose interest once the battle had ended. The power displayed in the fight had been interesting to a soldier like her, but she didn't care for a needless execution. A sentiment apparently shared by the young, transforming boy.

Approaching him, she tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, you didn't get hurt, right?"

Kyousuke just yawned in the aftermath of the fight. There'd been like a sea monster or something, but the fight was too utterly one sided to really hold his interest. He decided to walk around and find something to do.

@Chewy Rabbits

Approaching him, she tapped him on the shoulder.

"Hey, you didn't get hurt, right?"
QIitrqd.jpg

"Me? I'm...I'm fine. Just can't stand people getting hurt."

Tobias admitted as he made sure the feathers completely faded off his person. The last thing he needed was arousing too many questions. But he was glad that things had seemingly come to a rather peaceful end. Red-Hair was still going to need a shower to wipe off some of that blood and get that shoulder wound checked out. Also, probably some therapy after seeing a woman turn into a hideous beast and rip a giant monster in half before her very eyes.

So thought the red-tailed hawk with a boy's mind within it. The irony was so thick, Tobias was sure he'd suffocate under it. Thankfully, he managed to put it aside as he turned towards Beatrice and noticed her rapier. "Looks like you had the same idea."

Small talk wasn't exactly Tobias's forte but he could appreciate Beatrice's gesture. She seemed like she would have been willing to jump in that ring and stop Gavril from doing any more harm. The only question Tobias had was: could she have done it?

While Tobias and Beatrice chatted, Tomo and Jun argued while making their way off the stage, another member of the audience had rather enjoyed the show!

jSdKyXe.jpg

"Zehahahah! Damn shame she didn't finish the other girl off! You go into a battle, you give it your all, damn the consequences. You stepped into that ring to try and achieve your goal and if you lost? You ought to put all your chips on the table, zehaha. 'Course that's just the pirate way."

Blackbeard AKA Marshall D. Teach murmured aloud as he gulped down what little alcohol remained within his bottle before flinging it across the room. The bottle smashed right into the face of a poor patron that Kyousuke had just happened to walk past.

"Eh? You look pretty bored, fella. How's about you give good folks like myself more entertainment by getting in the ring yourself? Ought to be more fun than wandering around the stands zehahaha!"

But while Blackbeard was eager to get the next fight going, the winner of the previous one had yet to recieve her prize. Finally reaching the top floor after what felt like an eternity's worth of an elevator ride, Gavril stepped out. So, this was the domain of God, huh?

8yuhLXh.jpg

"Whoever your god is, Glasses? He sure as hell needs an interior decorator. So much goddamn pink and purple it makes me want to gouge out my eyeballs. Thought he was supposed to be some kind of uber bad-ass. The kind that would lay waste to anyone who stood in his path. Not be the kind of guy who'd kick back in a place that has so many goddamn pillows!"

Gavril growled as she grabbed the nearest pillow and would have torn it shreds. Had her hand not been zapped. Wondering who'd have the balls to do such a thing, Gavril turned to see a man laying atop a couch.

The man didn't seem like your usual shmuck. His earlobes were down to his chest for one thing and it looked like he had drums stuck to his back. But what stuck out the most to Gavril? Were the gold braclets that this guy was packing. But before she could take a step closer, the man held up his right hand as electricity surged from it.

MIUnyRR.png

"For someone who's earned the right to bask upon such holiness, you ought to show God a bit more respect."

Gavril stared blankly at the man so casually lounging before her. Well, it fit one idea she had of God. Which was that he was a lazy self-entitled prick. Respect was earned, not immediately given because of some fanciful title. That girl she'd fought and damn near killed? She had earned Gavril's respect. Now, here 'God' was demanding it.

"Yeah? Well, I'll highly fucking consider it but no promises. So? What's my fucking prize, God?" Gavril snapped as she stepped forward menacingly as Kuro began to slip one of his claw gloves! How dare this woman speak to his God in such a manner! Enel seemed amused by Gavril's attitude as he hopped to his feet.

"Such a free-spirited attitude and one that gets right to business. With the strength to back up your words! Normally, I'd love a woman like that. Which is why I'd offer you a position as one of God's soon to be many wives."

"Pfft, fat fucking chance! I'd rather be caught dead than play eye-candy to some idiot who thinks he's God. This shit ain't gonna work!"

"I know."

icA9RR4.jpg

"30 MILLION VOLT VARI!"

Gavril's screams could have been heard down in the stands as the lights began to shake and explode. They simply couldn't handle the raw power that Enel was giving off upstairs! Tobias couldn't quite understand it either. One second, he'd been talking to Beatrice and the next? It seemed like all Hell had broken loose! But Blackbeard had a good idea of what was going on and snickered.

"Zehahaha! Seems like our resident 'God' got turned down again. Bad luck for the bitch who won, zehaha..."

With her skin coated in burn marks and her jeans all but burnt to cinders, Gavril had adopted her monster form once again. Most normal folks wouldn't have thought it wise to mouth off to God to begin with but Gavril was as far removed from normal as you could get. This guy wanted to throw down with her? Hah! Then he could bring as much electricity as he wanted! She wasn't going to be this asshole's wife! Noticing that Enel made no further moves towards her, Gavril roared out.

"C'mon! You were such a hotshot before! You zapped me and now you don't want to fight anymore?"

"On the contrary, I'd prefer to simply not soil my hands any further with trash. Instead, I'll have one of my pets deal with you.." Gesturing over to a section of the room that had been covered up with tarp, Kuro walked over and casually yanked down the tarp. Revealing some type of creature decked out in armor with the machinery hooked up to him clearly running off Enel's devil fruit. But whatever the case may have been, Gavril wasn't afraid in the slightest! "You expect me to be afraid of some thing you hooked up to some IVs and monitors? I'LL TEAR IT LIMB FROM LIMB AND THEN YOU'RE NEXT!"

"Fools often run to meet their own end. It seems you're no different."

qhAyGIX.png

The creature pulled it's right arm free of the IVs and wires that had been hooked up to it and thrust it forward. An aura of blue energy appeared around the creature as it lifted Gavril high into the air. Smiling at the display and Gavril's futile struggling, Enel stepped aside the pokemon as it continued to hold Gavril up in the sky. "This is what happens to those who defy God."

"EL THOR!"

ERWyT35.png

The massive surge of electricity sent Gavril plummeting straight through the floor and the floor below that and the one below that. Until she careened right into and through the ring. Leaving little more than piles of rubble for her to float on. It was clear however that while Gavril was still ticking, the jolt of electricity had taken her for quite a spin. Glancing down at the holes that had been made, Enel turned towards Kuro.

"Priest Kuro? Get these holes repaired at once. Maxim? Get yourself down there and do damage control. Fighters can't fight if there is no ring.."

As both rushed off to do their instructed tasks, 'Maxim' as he had been nicknamed by Enel floated down through the holes until he landed right on Gavril's chest. Turning to look towards the others with a stare that seemed to invite a challenge!

1431048875209s.jpg

@Kaykay

• Love
Reactions: Ringmaster
QIitrqd.jpg

"Me? I'm...I'm fine. Just can't stand people getting hurt."

Tobias admitted as he made sure the feathers completely faded off his person. The last thing he needed was arousing too many questions. But he was glad that things had seemingly come to a rather peaceful end. Red-Hair was still going to need a shower to wipe off some of that blood and get that shoulder wound checked out. Also, probably some therapy after seeing a woman turn into a hideous beast and rip a giant monster in half before her very eyes.

So thought the red-tailed hawk with a boy's mind within it. The irony was so thick, Tobias was sure he'd suffocate under it. Thankfully, he managed to put it aside as he turned towards Beatrice and noticed her rapier. "Looks like you had the same idea."

Small talk wasn't exactly Tobias's forte but he could appreciate Beatrice's gesture. She seemed like she would have been willing to jump in that ring and stop Gavril from doing any more harm. The only question Tobias had was: could she have done it?

While Tobias and Beatrice chatted, Tomo and Jun argued while making their way off the stage, another member of the audience had rather enjoyed the show!
"I can't deny the truth in that." A sincere smile came from Beatrice as Tobias saw through her intentions earlier. For the one who was called Valkyrie, there was no fear of something like a large sea monster. And as the one who chased, the one who would lead others on the battlefield with her light, she couldn't have allowed someone like Tomo to have been killed in a place like this.

"I'm impressed by your valor, though, even if in the end we weren't necessary. What are you doing in a place like this, by the way?"
jSdKyXe.jpg

"Zehahahah! Damn shame she didn't finish the other girl off! You go into a battle, you give it your all, damn the consequences. You stepped into that ring to try and achieve your goal and if you lost? You ought to put all your chips on the table, zehaha. 'Course that's just the pirate way."

Blackbeard AKA Marshall D. Teach murmured aloud as he gulped down what little alcohol remained within his bottle before flinging it across the room. The bottle smashed right into the face of a poor patron that Kyousuke had just happened to walk past.

"Eh? You look pretty bored, fella. How's about you give good folks like myself more entertainment by getting in the ring yourself? Ought to be more fun than wandering around the stands zehahaha!"
tumblr_inline_mrakehtLpI1qz4rgp.png

"Hm, is that so?"

Kyousuke didn't even react as some patron got their face smashed in. If it was just some normal, what business was it of his? Surely all in attendance at a place like this should know to look after themselves. Otherwise they were simply fools. However...

"I don't take advice from filth like you, and you should talk to me with a little bit more respect, don't you think?"

This man had decided to treat him, the leader of PANDRA, as mere entertainment. A truly twisted man. However, he did agree with the sentiment. The ring looked like a bit of fun. With a focused telekinetic shot that was like a bullet, he blasted Blackbeard in the gut before floating higher into the air. The one currently in the ring...gave off some rather incredible ESP waves. Now this was something that he'd come here for.

"See you, smelly. I have important business to attend to."

And with that, he teleported away into the ring, facing down the strange armored creature. This wasn't his first time dealing with a non-human that wielded ESP, but the last one was a lot less threatening looking. This one seemed almost humanoid, were it not for the feline features he could see through the armor.

"Yo. You been trapped in here against your will, or something?" Kyousuke gave Mewtwo a friendly wave, offering peace before taking the fight to the thing. He was here to save espers after all, not beat them down.

If they proved too annoying, though...

@Chewy Rabbits

tumblr_inline_ne6eabJ1Nn1t3cdzr.png

Casually walking into the lobby floor of Euphoria, a peculiar woman who wore clothing akin to an apparent ice-cream theme had entered the premises without much care into the world. As it was an eventful night, it also meant it would be the same for her... at the very least.

tumblr_inline_ne6easbPML1t3cdzr.png

As others would give her the questioning stares, the woman would give a smile back. That was how she rolled.

@Ringmaster

Lucifer sniffed the air briefly.

Bourbon? Not professionals per se then. Mercs? No- Weapons are an assortment, individual and varied. Wait...

"An adventuring party." He murmured quietly. He nodded carefully and spoke.

"That big man with the gatling gun is their heavy weapons. The woman with the staff looks magic. Then we have the cyborg and finally, the doctor. But the fact they have guns means they're not so experienced with how things work down here-."

And then all of a sudden, there was a quiet flapping noise and then the cyborg keeled over, the head detached from its shoulders.

The response was immediate as the gatling gun man and the witch went back to back and began to blast the surrounding area. Lucifer cursed briefly as he saw something in the flash, alongside Leah.

71d4c14c9d7555f60d81c887ae267b93.jpg

@Minerva
Leah looked over the group of soldiers and watched as they fired their guns. She had heard of guns being developed in a foreign land, but didn't know what they were like. She pulled back her crossbow, and listened for the bolt to be ready. She watched the monster approach the group in the smoke and fire.

"Ready when you are." She said. This really was like being with the Crusader on his adventure. Before her mother betrayed her, and... Well, you know.

"I'm impressed by your valor, though, even if in the end we weren't necessary. What are you doing in a place like this, by the way?"
3grThJd.jpg

Heh, well seemed like someone was finally going to ask the question that Tobias had assumed was on quite a number of people's minds. But while Beatrice seemed genuinely curious as to what someone like Tobias was doing around these parts, other patrons may have just been annoyed that some snot nosed kid was cramping up their hang-out. Given that he'd just seen a woman who had literally turned into a monster get smashed through the ceiling? Yeah, it's a safe bet to make that Tobias would normally avoid any kind of contact with this place if he could help it.

But that was exactly the problem. Tobias couldn't help it. Least not when he still wasn't sure that any of these guys may or may not have been controllers. If that thing that looked like a souped up cat with TK was a controller? Then the gang was in deep trouble. But it seemed like the guy with hair that seemed like it'd be more fitting on an old guy than a young-looking dude like him stepped up to the plate. So that was one less concern on Tobias's plate. At least for the moment.

"Well, it's not for the so-called entertainment, I'll say that much. Was never even that big on wrestling, let alone seeing people get thrown through ceilings, turning into giant monsters, sea creatures. What about you, Beatrice? You seem too nice to be hanging around a place like this that attracts most of the scum."
And with that, he teleported away into the ring, facing down the strange armored creature. This wasn't his first time dealing with a non-human that wielded ESP, but the last one was a lot less threatening looking. This one seemed almost humanoid, were it not for the feline features he could see through the armor.

"Yo. You been trapped in here against your will, or something?" Kyousuke gave Mewtwo a friendly wave, offering peace before taking the fight to the thing. He was here to save espers after all, not beat them down.

If they proved too annoying, though...
Well, one thing's for certain. Blackbeard may have liked to dish out the dirt vocally. But getting some of it tossed his way? His response was less than positive.

"OWWWWWWWW!! CRAP!"

SaYFsPx.jpg

Falling off his seat to the amusement of some of the other patrons, Blackbeard clutched at where he'd been hit. So, this guy thought he could just get away with that huh? As darkness swirled around Blackbeard's hand, he was prepared to attack Kyousuk before he heard people chattering behind him. "Hahah, look at fattie! I think I felt the ground shake when the guy knocked him down!"

Oh? So these idiots saw the guy get one lucky shot in and thought they could piggyback off it huh? Well, Blackbeard wasn't too big a fan of those who talked big but couldn't back it up. Placing his hand upon the ground, darkness expanded outwards from him and engulfed part of the stands as the patrons were sucked in as if the darkness were quicksand.

"Zehahaha..Black Hole!"

Watching as the audience members were sucked into the darkness Blackbeard was emitting, Jun couldn't help but flash somewhat of a dorky grin. This place just kept getting freakier and freakier but so long as him and Tomo were safe? Then things seemed like they'd be okay! In fact while Tomo continued to dry off from her dip in the water, Jun pointed excitedly over to Blackbeard.

aKKkZd6.jpg

"Hey Tomo, are you seeing this?! That big guy just sprouted darkness from his body! This place is pretty weird, huh? You got people turning into monsters, floating cat things and now this!" The teenager exclaimed unabashedly enjoying the spectacle, the severity of what was actually happening to Blackbeard's victims was all but lost on him. Though Tomo was more concerned with Gavril floating in the water, seemingly knocked out after a bout with aforementioned 'cat thing.'

Maxim -as it was referred to by Enel due to the self-proclaimed God finding the pokemon in his travels-turned to glance at Kyousuke. The blue glow from the creature's eyes only seemed to glow brighter as it held it's hand up and prepared for battle. But before it could strike however, it faltered as Gavril suddenly gripped onto one of it's legs!

"We're not done yet, fucker! You think you can keep me down!?"

Well, as a matter of fact? The creature believed just that. The familiar blue aura from before enshrouded Gavril and lifted her up from the water. Manipulated it may have been due to the armor it wore, it still had no interest in sinking to this woman's brutish ways.

1lxxJKE.jpg

Gavril was sent rocketing out of the ring and straight into the stands. Sending chairs and patrons flying through the air as a cloud of smoke was kicked up from the impact. Seemingly satisfied that Gavril would no longer pose a problem in it's other conflicts, Mewtwo turned towards the Esper and held it's right arm out as it began to charge up what appeared to be some kind of energy ball.

Clasping it's hands together after the ball grew to a moderate size, Mewtwo hurled it at Kyousuke! Nobody would stand in it's way, no man, woman, or child.

"Shadow Ball!"

@Kaykay

Leah looked over the group of soldiers and watched as they fired their guns. She had heard of guns being developed in a foreign land, but didn't know what they were like. She pulled back her crossbow, and listened for the bolt to be ready. She watched the monster approach the group in the smoke and fire.

"Ready when you are." She said. This really was like being with the Crusader on his adventure. Before her mother betrayed her, and... Well, you know.
Lucifer charged out, transforming into a swarm of bats midway to attack around the monster, which howled and began to swipe around itself. This left Leah to deal with the remaining survivors of the party, as they fired at what looked like larger, bat-like creatures in a swarm that had decapitated the android.

@Minerva
tumblr_inline_ne6eabJ1Nn1t3cdzr.png

Casually walking into the lobby floor of Euphoria, a peculiar woman who wore clothing akin to an apparent ice-cream theme had entered the premises without much care into the world. As it was an eventful night, it also meant it would be the same for her... at the very least.

tumblr_inline_ne6easbPML1t3cdzr.png

As others would give her the questioning stares, the woman would give a smile back. That was how she rolled.
tumblr_nhp9osDkXG1s785wko1_1280.gif

Guess who showed up like a bad penny?

"Neo! Glad you could make it. These people are real bloodsuckers and I don't just mean literally."

He clicked his tongue and winked as Melodic Cudgel swung idly in hand.

"Ready to show em how we do things?"

@Gummi Bunnies

3grThJd.jpg

Heh, well seemed like someone was finally going to ask the question that Tobias had assumed was on quite a number of people's minds. But while Beatrice seemed genuinely curious as to what someone like Tobias was doing around these parts, other patrons may have just been annoyed that some snot nosed kid was cramping up their hang-out. Given that he'd just seen a woman who had literally turned into a monster get smashed through the ceiling? Yeah, it's a safe bet to make that Tobias would normally avoid any kind of contact with this place if he could help it.

But that was exactly the problem. Tobias couldn't help it. Least not when he still wasn't sure that any of these guys may or may not have been controllers. If that thing that looked like a souped up cat with TK was a controller? Then the gang was in deep trouble. But it seemed like the guy with hair that seemed like it'd be more fitting on an old guy than a young-looking dude like him stepped up to the plate. So that was one less concern on Tobias's plate. At least for the moment.

"Well, it's not for the so-called entertainment, I'll say that much. Was never even that big on wrestling, let alone seeing people get thrown through ceilings, turning into giant monsters, sea creatures. What about you, Beatrice? You seem too nice to be hanging around a place like this that attracts most of the scum."
"Ahaha, well..." Beatrice laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head. He was right, this was certainly not the kind of place she would normally like to hang around. But there was a reason for someone like her bringing herself to a place like this.

"I'm under orders to, um, well, take a few fights here."
1lxxJKE.jpg

Gavril was sent rocketing out of the ring and straight into the stands. Sending chairs and patrons flying through the air as a cloud of smoke was kicked up from the impact. Seemingly satisfied that Gavril would no longer pose a problem in it's other conflicts, Mewtwo turned towards the Esper and held it's right arm out as it began to charge up what appeared to be some kind of energy ball.

Clasping it's hands together after the ball grew to a moderate size, Mewtwo hurled it at Kyousuke! Nobody would stand in it's way, no man, woman, or child.

"Shadow Ball!"

@Kaykay
Kyousuke smirked as the strange-looking energy ball was hurled his way. Interesting. What kind of use of ESP was this? Telekinesis condensed to the point it was visible energy? Or maybe he was compressing the air into a spherical shape before throwing it forward like a projectile. Regardless, he didn't plan to tank it and find out.

The major vanished, reappearing behind the feline psychic.

tumblr_inline_n47qgfD20Z1rsl9jz.jpg

"Not bad, I can feel a lot of power in your ability. But why are you fighting here? What do you get out of it, hm?"

He raised one hand out and focused his telekinetic power into a wave.

TvaZm77.gif

Like a tidal wave, it crushed through everything in its path as it sought to strike the opposing psychic!​

"Ahaha, well..." Beatrice laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head. He was right, this was certainly not the kind of place she would normally like to hang around. But there was a reason for someone like her bringing herself to a place like this.

"I'm under orders to, um, well, take a few fights here."
"Orders...?" Tobias wasn't sure what kind of boss would have subjected their subordinates to come to a place like this. Where people spilt their blood for other's entertainment and in some cases? It appeared as if they got eaten and people would still cheer! Though looking over Beatrice with the same stoic look, Tobias noticed something that was difficult to dance around. It also made him quite uncomfortable given what he'd done in an alternate timeline.

Tobias killed Hitler!!!1111!

Okay, she looked like a nazi! Sure there weren't any actual swastikas on her person. But the thought of sharing breathing space with a potential Neo-Nazi was quite spine-tingling. "...What exactly do you, uh, do? But yeah same here...Got a fight myself.."

Man, this felt awkward.
tumblr_inline_n47qgfD20Z1rsl9jz.jpg

"Not bad, I can feel a lot of power in your ability. But why are you fighting here? What do you get out of it, hm?"

He raised one hand out and focused his telekinetic power into a wave.

TvaZm77.gif

Like a tidal wave, it crushed through everything in its path as it sought to strike the opposing psychic!
armored_mewtwo_by_thunderousblaze-d8nnmsu.png

"I simply do whatever God asks of me."

Mewtwo remarked simply in that same monotone delivery. As Kyousuke appeared behind him, Mewtwo quickly turned up and put up his barrier to protect against the psychic wave. The wave itself collided with the pokemon's barrier but flexing a bit of his own mental power, the wave was diverted to the right of his barrier and continued straight towards the stands. Uncaring or simply not acknowledging the screams of the frightened patrons, Mewtwo lowered his barrier as he looked over Kyousuke.

On the outside he didn't appear to be any different from a regular human. But his innate psychic power was enough to rival even the pokemon of the self-proclaimed God. Which meant that he finally had a fight before him that would allow him to give it his all. As the blue glow appeared around Mewtwo's person, the water around the shattered ring began to quake before launching upward as Mewtwo launched torrents of the water straight at Kyousuke.

"Psychic."

@Kaykay

Simon Henriksson

Cold, alone, confused.

Simon felt like he had lived in Castlevania City for ages, but yet... He could only remember faint details about his life here, memories of his childhood were in fragments, or missing... And whenever he tried to think too much on what brough him here, he felt a sudden pain in his ribs.

There were still things in his past that he couldn't remember, whether it was his subconsciousness holding him back from doing so, or simply some sort of amnesia, it was difficult to tell.

He did at least remember where his apartment was, and was well aware of what he was carrying on him, which included a somewhat outdated phone, a switch blade... And, 15 bucks.

Well, that was as good as anything for him right about now.

Without any particular place in mind, Simon tried to search for some place that sold food.

He honestly didn't care how fancy the place was, he just knew he was hungry, and probably a bit thirsty too.​

Status
Not open for further replies.