Status
Not open for further replies.

575d26bc3a9316febed8b6d2a7ecfa72.jpg

And in wandered Snow. Those who knew her either adored her or despised her. Not only for what she was, but who she was. Others, all others, were simply means to an end with her. Thankfully she never minced words about that. Sure, she might be fond of some over others, but it was like having a favorite pet, or at best, picking one child over another to be nicer to.

She had of course a few of her entourage with her. A woman, to handle the personal things, and two strong guards, just in case things got a little rough.

She knew Mr. Black, surely. Who in any position of power didn't? She also knew that he was a powerful piece that needn't be disturbed unless absolutely necessary.

Snow was only here tonight because she decided on an alternate form of entertainment, rather than the usual. Besides, knowing who regularly attended these more... barbaric events would give her valuable information that could be used, and possibly exploited, later.

Snow's ability to manipulate people and events was really a marvel to behold. The whole world was clay to her, on a spinning wheel, to be adjusted as she willed. She knew, obviously that even all of her power and connections were insignificant in the face of other key players.

And that was another reason why she was here. She'd not had a chance to see Mr. Black in person, as they ran in quite different circles.

She did instruct her entourage to locate herself fairly close to him, but not so close as to imply an intrusion.
  "Hmm." She pondered aloud. "I wonder why it is that I've never gotten here before? It seems passions could indeed run high at sporting events..."

Last edited:
"Hmm." She pondered aloud. "I wonder why it is that I've never gotten here before? It seems passions could indeed run high at sporting events..."
"The cleanest and most hypocrisy free of passion. Love is a trick played on us by the forces of evolution. Pleasure is the bait laid down by the same. There is only power. Power is of the individual mind but the mind's power is not enough. Power of the body decides everything in the end and only might is right."

The rumbling, Russian accent of Mr. Black echoed out in reply before turned to regard her. Making a gesture to his guards to relax he spoke.

"Still, its a night of firsts. I did not expect the White Court to be in attendance."

@Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits

The rumbling, Russian accent of Mr. Black echoed out in reply before turned to regard her. Making a gesture to his guards to relax he spoke.

"Still, its a night of firsts. I did not expect the White Court to be in attendance."
"I felt it high time that white should meet black. How else would all those wonderful shades of grey exist?" She said with a wide smile.

"However I find love to be quite a useful construct, vain that it may be. It suits my purposes. My body can command other bodies to enforce my idea of right. And in the end, it is those who follow us who lend us power beyond that which we can demand alone, yes?"

Snow cocked her head and shrugged. "But I am a mere woman. What would I know of such things, truly?"

@Ringmaster @Chewy Rabbits

"I felt it high time that white should meet black. How else would all those wonderful shades of grey exist?" She said with a wide smile.

"However I find love to be quite a useful construct, vain that it may be. It suits my purposes. My body can command other bodies to enforce my idea of right. And in the end, it is those who follow us who lend us power beyond that which we can demand alone, yes?"

Snow cocked her head and shrugged. "But I am a mere woman. What would I know of such things, truly?"

"You know of me then. An advantage you have over me, as of this moment."

He rumbled, trying to mentally fit Snow into a box as he flicked through various White Court vampire representatives.

"A member of House Raith I take it then?"

@Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits

"A... well-placed member yes. High enough to make a difference, low enough not to matter when backs are against walls. It's a balancing act. I only thought it fair to inform you of my station, so I no longer hold any advantage over you in that regard, sir. I'm known as Snow. Здравствуйте." She followed up with the formal greeting in Russian.

"A... well-placed member yes. High enough to make a difference, low enough not to matter when backs are against walls. It's a balancing act. I only thought it fair to inform you of my station, so I no longer hold any advantage over you in that regard, sir. I'm known as Snow. Здравствуйте." She followed up with the formal greeting in Russian.
"Charmed."

He made a gesture and a seat was brought up as he spoke.

"Allow me the honor of providing you a seat, in exchange for your company."

@Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @Last post for the night for me.​

"Charmed."

He made a gesture and a seat was brought up as he spoke.

"Allow me the honor of providing you a seat, in exchange for your company."
She smiled and her bodyguards blinked. She dismissed them to step slightly away. If she wasn't safe around Mr. Black, she wouldn't be safe around anyone. None would challenge him or his company so openly.

Snow took the proffered seat and nodded to him in appreciation. "So, is it customary to wager on these contests?"

As Gavril started to walk towards the ring with Tomo in hand, Tomo chuckled weakly and tried to pull at the woman's hand. But it might as well have been a vice closed around her shirt. She wasn't getting out of this unless Gavril wanted to let her go.

"H-Hey, why don't you let me go?! It was my idiot friend that signed me up! I didn't ask for a fight against you! You're like six or seven feet tall, you got muscles on muscles, you even got fangs! What kind of human has fangs?!"

Gavril paused in her stride towards the ring as she slowly turned her head towards Tomo. The grip didn't slacken and she leaned in with a wide eyed look on her face which seemed to drain all the color from Tomo's face. Was this monster chick going to eat her alive?! Which was a threat Gavril could follow through on but for as much of a freak of nature as she was? She had her own set of standards that she followed. She expected other folks had the same line of thinking.

bijOYhX.jpg

"Am I fucking hearing this right? You want to bail on this after you fucking told me you didn't mind fighting? There ain't no spectacle involved here if you don't let there be one. You worried or annoyed by some upper class fuckwit watching us throw blows at eachtother? Imagine you're punching them in the face! Do whatever you gotta do to get your mind off this being a 'event' that's being watched by others and just a straight on fight. Because I'm not going to fucking mince my goddamn words. You mess up in there? You're dead meat, no two ways about it."

The bluntness with which Gavril laced her words frightened Tomo as much as it emboldened her. Okay, so this woman may have been a monster compared to her but when did that give her the right to talk like that? Of course she was reluctant! She had fought people before in training and in actual knock down brawls! But nothing ever life threatening like fighting a chick with razor sharp teeth and avoiding getting eaten by giant sea monsters was! Gripping onto Gavril's arm as hard as she could, Tomo glared at the other woman who she was set to fight.

"I'm a fighter not a friggin showgirl. I came here because my friend loves this stuff for better or for worse and I wanted to hang out with him. What I didn't expect nor did I want was to get caught up in one of these fights so that a bunch of rich scumballs could see me fighting tooth and nail to beat you and somehow avoid getting eaten? But if you really want a fight that bad? Then get your hand off me and I'll walk to that ring myself. From that point on? It'll be up to the fates to decide."

Her own two cents given, Gavril chuckled before setting Tomo down as she shooed her off to go and enter the ring from the other entrance.

"You've impressed me, kid. You got a lot of spunk that's for damn sure. I can't say whether or not you'll be getting out of this alive. All depends on how the fight goes really or if you fall in the water that I mentioned was home to a different beastie each match. Keeps up the variety and if one of the contestants manages to kill em, they got more on standby. But then why don't you go and show me the true strength to go along with your bold words, eh? You got me fucking quaking in my boots, haahah!"

Flashing a competitive grin, much to her surprise Tomo found herself returning it as both girls made their way into the ring.

fAPP8yi.png

"Hey Tomo!"

Just as the two girls took their places a few good feet apart from eachother, both glanced over as Jun called out. What pearls of wisdom did he have to impart before the match finally got underway? Eager for any kind of approval thrown her way, Tomo wondered if maybe he'd have some advice or something! But what came next only made her blood boil!

"Kick her butt, bro!"

M5FGScc.png

"I'M NOT YOUR BRO! IDIOT!"

Slipping off her shoes, Tomo threw them both over the barrier. But before they made contact, a bolt of lightning surged downwards and incinerated the shoes even sending them ablaze as they fell to the ground in little more than cinders. Almost losing her nerve, Tomo glanced upwards. Was this really the work of one cocky enough to take the label of God or had he been born with it? It seemed she'd only ever get closer to answers was if she beat this girl in a straight up fight. But that seemed rather diffiuclt. Well, at least in her current outfit.

"Hey, I know we're supposed to be holding a match and everything but you mind if I change? Ain't anything graphic but will just need to mix a few things up."

Pulling off her socks, Tomo threw them over the side and into the water. Would make walking back to their hotel quite the bother but it gave her an excuse to demand Jun to carry her. To carry her all around this gothic looking city! But the socks weren't the only thing to go. Gripping onto her school jacket, Tomo flung it off to the side. The display may have seemed sensual to anybody else but to her it was anything but. This was simply her getting more comfortable for a fight!

Gavril was less than impressed however. So she was going barefoot and without a jacket boo fuckity hoo! She fought with only a jacket and a pair of jeans. She'd never needed anything else. But if it made this fight all the more entertaining if she continued to remove articles of clothing than Tomo was within her rights to do so. But Tomo had pretty much finished up with all the clothes she'd thought of taking off had been taken by that point.

iIMMoBh.jpg

"Alright, I'm ready when you are, let's go!"

"Hahaha! You'll regret those words when I've snapped you in two!"

Gavril hissed referring to one of her past victims/would-be opponents. But in truth she was glad that Tomo had finally gotten the motivation to stick through with the mess that her friend had gotten her in. Gavril got to have her thrills and Tomo didn't run away from her problems but instead did her damnedest to punch them right in the face.

@Kaykay @Schnee Corp Lawyer

T4aHXzs.jpg

So, it was true after all. These kinds of events attracted people from all over. Some he'd seen who didn't even seem human! Not that it really came as much of a surprise to the boy who looked to be around 14-15 wearing a leather jacket over a black t-shirt and jeans. This boy's name was Tobias and he was by no means a native of these places. Where he was from? He couldn't quite say but the United States was a good enough answer. Telling too much might have let too many of Tobias's enemies get the jump on him and his friends and that wasn't good.

But while his friends continued to handle operations in the US, Tobias had briefly moved outwards. Which given his ability granted to him and some of his other forms, Tobias could take the form of almost any animal that he wished. Even the form others might have seen him in and the one he was born in was little more than a simple form he was taking on but only for two hours at a time lest he remain trapped in the form.

It had already happened once and as a result Tobias's true form was that of a Red-Tailed Hawk. Which meant he still had a bit of time before things got feathery in here. Hopefully, Tobias could find what he was looking for and he could be on his way!

@Ringmaster @Michael CS

tumblr_inline_mrakcdQnZq1qz4rgp.png

"This should be something to watch."

Floating a little outside the arena, evidently caring little for the sea monsters in the area, was a white-haired man, who looked to be about in his teenage years. Yet his hair color gave him the impression of someone quite a bit older than he otherwise looked. Those who were willing to fight in such a place had to be supernatural fighters, espers, perhaps. The old esper had decided to pay the place a visit, see what it was all about.

The two ladies in the middle of the arena were certainly interesting to see. One undressed to do battle, and the other, well, one simply had to look at her to see what was so strange about her. What kind of battle would they put on? Kyousuke Hyoubu watched the battle unfold expectantly.

297014.jpg

Meanwhile near Tobias, Snow, and Mr. Black appeared a young woman. Her hair was blonde and her eyes were green, her outfit that of a military woman. She didn't look like she was of a particularly high rank, though. What she was doing in a place like this could only be guessed at.

Being in the seats behind Black and Snow, she'd speak up.

"Well, gambling is a little risky..."

@Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS @Ringmaster

She smiled and her bodyguards blinked. She dismissed them to step slightly away. If she wasn't safe around Mr. Black, she wouldn't be safe around anyone. None would challenge him or his company so openly.

Snow took the proffered seat and nodded to him in appreciation. "So, is it customary to wager on these contests?"
Meanwhile near Tobias, Snow, and Mr. Black appeared a young woman. Her hair was blonde and her eyes were green, her outfit that of a military woman. She didn't look like she was of a particularly high rank, though. What she was doing in a place like this could only be guessed at.

Being in the seats behind Black and Snow, she'd speak up.

"Well, gambling is a little risky..."
"All conflict is risk and reward. In war if you succeed, you are a patriot. If you fail, you are a warmonger. Battle and blood in all its forms is the highest form of gambling."

He stuck a cigarette in his mouth and smoke began to billow out from his mouth.

The cigarette was unlit.

"There are no second chances, you go all in and it pits everything you are towards whoever you face. But this?"

He directed another chair to be brought out as the old Russian blew a cloud of smoke skywards.

"Yes, I believe you can wager as you like. You have me at a disadvantage however."

He finally turned to look at the newcomer.

"I am Mr. Black."
So, it was true after all. These kinds of events attracted people from all over. Some he'd seen who didn't even seem human! Not that it really came as much of a surprise to the boy who looked to be around 14-15 wearing a leather jacket over a black t-shirt and jeans. This boy's name was Tobias and he was by no means a native of these places. Where he was from? He couldn't quite say but the United States was a good enough answer. Telling too much might have let too many of Tobias's enemies get the jump on him and his friends and that wasn't good.

But while his friends continued to handle operations in the US, Tobias had briefly moved outwards. Which given his ability granted to him and some of his other forms, Tobias could take the form of almost any animal that he wished. Even the form others might have seen him in and the one he was born in was little more than a simple form he was taking on but only for two hours at a time lest he remain trapped in the form.

It had already happened once and as a result Tobias's true form was that of a Red-Tailed Hawk. Which meant he still had a bit of time before things got feathery in here. Hopefully, Tobias could find what he was looking for and he could be on his way!
And that boy seemed to be a bit out of place here. He noted his presence, but otherwise didn't acknowledge him just yet.

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Michale CS

"All conflict is risk and reward. In war if you succeed, you are a patriot. If you fail, you are a warmonger. Battle and blood in all its forms is the highest form of gambling."
"I think I shall bet on the naked one then. Is, two thousand an insult or too high? It's my first time." Snow replied, a light smile dancing across her face as she sent one of her assistants to go place the bet, regardless of its appropriateness.

"Mayhap I will be entertained this evening after all..."

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster

He stuck a cigarette in his mouth and smoke began to billow out from his mouth.

The cigarette was unlit.

"There are no second chances, you go all in and it pits everything you are towards whoever you face. But this?"

He directed another chair to be brought out as the old Russian blew a cloud of smoke skywards.

"Yes, I believe you can wager as you like. You have me at a disadvantage however."

He finally turned to look at the newcomer.

"I am Mr. Black."
The woman looked thoughtful for a moment, contemplating his words. Soon, she lowered her head, as if in apology.

"The words you speak are the truth. Please forgive this one's reservations."

Moving forward a bit, she sat down next to the other two spectators.

"My name is Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen. If it's not intrusive of me to do so, though, I have a feeling the more rugged looking one is going to win."

@Michale CS @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster

Things never seemed to go right for Tomo Aizawa. She confessed her burning love for the man that she had been friends with since they were kids. Only for it to fly over his head and straight into outer space. She tried acting 'girlier' to get his attention. But even that seemed to be far too subtle for poor Jun to understand. She had hoped that maybe this vacation would have allowed the two of them some alone time. Sure, creepy cities weren't exactly her go-to spot for a vacation but Jun had grown quite invested in this fight club called the 'Bruised Knuckle' that had popped up. Maybe the two could talk and enjoy themselves while they watched the show.

But any semblance of enjoyment just flew out the window and straight into the abyss. This place apparently had some 'God' who watched over each match, the water was filled with gigantic sea beasts and would the fights even stop if the opponent was knocked out? She had never seen any of these streams herself but what if Gavril decided to kill her? What could she do to stop it?!

Well, complaining wasn't the answer that's for sure. All that would earn her is a quick loss and an early grave. She had a feeling anything she did to Gavril may as well have been a flea bite for all that Gavril could do to her. But she couldn't give up! She had to fight! As she prepared for Gavril to make her first move however, Gavril surprised everyone.

"HEY! FUCKERS UPSTAIRS, I GOT A REQUEST! THROW ME DOWN A MICROPHONE! I GOT SOMETHING I WANNA SAY BEFORE I THROW DOWN!"

Stumbling over onto her rear, Tomo was flabbergasted. Wasn't Gavril the one who had gave her the advice of not taking this fight as a spectacle or had that only applied to her? Given how enthused Gavril seemed to be, Tomo assumed that was the case alright. But what did she have to say? As if on cue with that thought, a microphone was hurled over the ringside and straight into Gavril's waiting hand.

ANGouDh.png

"Testing one two, testing one two fuckbags! If you can hear me then listen good! Some of you paid big bucks to come out and see this grotesque display of brutality and violence. This is the lowest that humanity can fucking sink in terms of depravity! Beating eachother to bloody pulps while someone records it and puts it up on Youtube or some shit. Well, I'm here to say that I'm ready to give you what you want! You may be here because you got a score to settle with another fighter, to place bets and win big, or everything else under the sun! But you all share one thing in common. You love the violence and so do I!"

Gavril threw her head back and howled as she stared down Tomo with saliva running down her fangs and dripping onto the ring. She wasn't called 'The Wolf' just for shits and giggles after all! People feared her and would have much rather be her lowly mook than get munched on like the poor saps who thought they were hard and tried standing up to her. But she had a feeling that this fight was going to be something special! Tomo didn't seem like someone who could give her trouble. Granted, when you could take a nuke to the face and come out of it just butt-naked, you didn't need to worry too much about damage. Still, the spirit this girl showed when pushed, it was mouthwatering!

"Gavril 'The Wolf' Madaraki is here to give the audience what they want while getting my own digs in! You want blood, I want even more blood. You want carnage, I want maximum carnage!" Her message given, Gavril crushed the mic in her hand and let it drop to the floor as she sprinted forward. Her steel-toed boots smashing against each tile in her charge. Her eyes were wild like a beasts but they honed in Tomo! Originally taken aback by the speech and seeing it as just a way for Gavril to work the crowd, Tomo barely managed to leap out of the way as Gavril swung her fist downward.

"Whoa!"

The fist smashed right into the tiled floor of the ring and the shockwave from the impact slammed into Tomo's side. Sending her skidding across the arena floor. Knowing what awaited her if she fell into the water below, Tomo clutched onto the ring for dear life as she glanced over at Gavril. There were no more tiles where the woman had punched. There was simply a crater that Gavril had embedded her fist into. Ripping her hand free, Gavril glanced over at Tomo and sneered as she started walking towards her.

nv1vHW1.jpg

"You like what you saw there? You're lucky that barely even counted as a glancing blow. If I had hit you dead on with that punch? They'd be scraping you off the fucking floor! Hahahaha! But you didn't stand still as if you were frozen with fear. You made a move and you still rise to your feet. Which must mean you want some more huh? You want to fucking fight me like your life depended on it! Well, go right ahead! FUCKING HIT ME!"

What was this woman?! She seemed like a complete and utter monster in every sense of the word. The way the saliva drooled down her mouth made her seem even more beastly. How was she supposed to take on something like that? Did this 'God' have a morbid sense of humor? But even if she couldn't defeat Gavril, she wouldn't flee! She wouldn't beg for her life! She'd go down fighting! Just as Tomo adopted a fighting stance however, she heard a voice call out to her from the crowd.

"You can take her, Tomo! I was rooting for you the whole time! With my support and your skill, she won't be able to take you down! Now go and kick her ass!" Jun exclaimed and a blush crept onto Tomo's face. How funny was it that it was only when her life was on the line that Jun went out of his way to show his support? He was the one who got her mixed up in all of this to begin with!

GJNqi3m.png

"Well, sit back and enjoy the show Jun! Because I'm going to give everyone here a night to remember!"

Running forward, Gavril swung out with her right hand. Knowing full well that if she took the blow head on, it might have spelled the end for her, Tomo ducked as it flew over her head. Clenching her hand into a fist, Tomo jumped upwards and smashed her fist right into the bottom of Gavril's jaw. The patchwork woman's boots skidded back a bit across the tiles but it didn't seem like her expression had changed. As a matter of fact,the blow only seemed to excite the beast even more! Wiping off the trail of blood from her mouth, Gavril stepped forward with Tomo still standing in defiance. But also in disbelief!

'I-I know Jun's rooting for me but what am I supposed to do?! I put all I could muster into that punch and she's barely even fazed! I may as well have just poked her for all the good it did!"

But no matter how afraid she was, she'd never give up! She'd keep fighting until either Gavril knocked her out or she got knocked into the water. Though, no amount of cheering would have gotten her to stay in that water! She had to think of a plan-Wait, that was it! The water was the plan! Flashing a smirk back at Gavril, Tomo turned and plunged straight into the water! Coming to a dead stop in her stride, Gavril paused to scratch her head in confusion.

EBOJ7vd.jpg

"I did tell her what was in the water right? Yeah, I'm pretty fuckin sure I did. Huh, maybe she was so afraid of fighting me she'd rather get munched on by those beasties. It's a coward's way out for sure. You hear that red-hair? IT'S THE ROUTE OF A FUCKING COWARD!"

Where did Gavril get off calling her a coward?! She may have made it seem like she was choosing one form of death over the other. But she did have a plan in mind damn it! Holding her breath, Tomo kicked her feet back and forth and waved her hands through the water to try and make as much of a disturbance as possible. Nothing seemed to happen at first but just as Tomo was about to give up hope and climb back onto the ring, she saw eyes looking up at her from the watery depths and they were getting closer!

"Boh shib!" With her voice a bit garbled due to the water, it was still clear enough for the sentiment to get across. She needed to get out of this water and fast! Popping her head out of the water, Tomo gripped onto the sides of the ring and began to try and pull herself up. Needless to say the wet t-shirt and tight fitting shorts drew a lot of cheers from the male(and some female) audience members. But Tomo couldn't focus on telling those guys to stuff it right now! She had to focus on not getting eaten!

"C'mon!" She growled in frustration as she struggled to find her footing. But as she finally propped her hand onto the ring, she glanced up only to see Gavril looming over her as she reached down and picked the poor girl up. Tomo struggled with all her might! Kicking and punching had little effect and Gavril leaned forward and sunk her fangs right into Tomo's bare shoulder. Soaking her shirt red with her own blood as Gavril pulled her teeth out of the newly opened wound.

Kve8qLx.png

"You're just all over the fucking place aren't you?! First, I think you've wisened up and you're going to take this seriously! You'll stand your ground, put up your dukes, and we'll go at it until one of us is on the floor. But then you jump in the water for what? Debated letting one of the monsters off you before I got the chance to? Have second thoughts about that?" Gavril taunted only to blink as she had a finger pointing to the drips of blood that were falling into the water. Not quite getting the point Tomo was making, Gavril would have otherwise ignored it.

That is of course if the creature that had been pursuing Tomo hadn't sniffed the blood. The smell was delicious and it wanted more! Bursting through the water, the monster towered over both Gavril and Tomo who seemed freaked out of her mind. This thing would eat the both of them!

p2QJzYZ.jpg

"GYOOOOOOOOOOORGGGGGG!!!"

The creature snapped it's massive maw forward and in a strange twist of fate, Gavril tossed Tomo aside. Gripping onto the upper and lower halves of the creature's jaws, Gavril glared over at Tomo. So this had been her plan all along. She wasn't trying to run away or to find another way out of this. She was hoping to sic one of these damn things on her instead! It was a good idea in theory but in terms of execution?

"Sorry, but I think your plan's got a few tears in it!"

Gavril's muscles began to expand and her appearance gradually became far more monstrous. She grew big enough to look the creature right in the eyes as she lifted it up out of the water, a feat that left Tomo speechless. If even the creatures here couldn't stop her then what else was there left for her to do?! Only capable of sitting and watching, dumbstruck as Gavril continued to transform. Her jacket was torn at the seams and her jaws extended outwards like that of a crocodile as she held the previously fierce beast above her head. The beast was just as stunned as Tomo was, how could it's prey be doing this to it?!

VVmgoCR.png

*RIIIIIIP!*

Flesh and bone were torn apart and both halves of the creature were sent flying into either side of the ring. Let the other creatures nibble at the remains. Gavril had more important things to do. Frowning as she returned to normal, Gavril noticed how Tomo had been frozen in place by the display. Even as the both of them were absolutely coated in the sea beasts's blood, Gavril's frown turned upside down as she grinned.

"What? You didn't actually think that would stop me did you?"
Moving forward a bit, she sat down next to the other two spectators.

"My name is Beatrice Waltrud von Kircheisen. If it's not intrusive of me to do so, though, I have a feeling the more rugged looking one is going to win."
U1XIDu2.jpg

"Well, going by the looks of it, I'd say you're right on that one.."

Tobias wasn't exactly keen on socializing in general. Society hadn't been too kind to him in that regard as bullies hounded him nonstop. It only got worse when the Yeerks invaded because it meant you had to be very careful about how who you talked to and about what. But after noticing a few stares directed his way, he figured that yeah a 14-15 year old boy probably didn't belong here.

But after seeing what happened down in that ring?

Things only seemed like they were going to get weirder and weirder. Taking a seat next to Beatrice, Tobias sheepishly added onto his statement. "I'm...Tobias. Nice to meet you."

@Kaykay @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Flesh and bone were torn apart and both halves of the creature were sent flying into either side of the ring. Let the other creatures nibble at the remains. Gavril had more important things to do. Frowning as she returned to normal, Gavril noticed how Tomo had been frozen in place by the display. Even as the both of them were absolutely coated in the sea beasts's blood, Gavril's frown turned upside down as she grinned.

"What? You didn't actually think that would stop me did you?"
"Well. I didn't see that coming, but I think the smarter one will still find a way to prevail. Even though this seems very one sided from a physical standpoint, one can never underestimate guile." Snow was sort of repulsed, inwardly. She fed off of lust, and this sheer anger was giving her a bit of a queasy feeling. "Now I know why I never attend these sort of things."

Things only seemed like they were going to get weirder and weirder. Taking a seat next to Beatrice, Tobias sheepishly added onto his statement. "I'm...Tobias. Nice to meet you."
"Charmed, I'm sure." Snow looked over her shoulder briefly, with a gaze that had sent strong men to their knees with lust. "Messy event, I suppose." She redirected her gaze on the spectacle, hoping she'd sparked enough fire in the man to offset the queasiness that this shapeshifter was putting out.

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster

The old dragon grunted briefly, his attention transfixed by the battle occurring below. Unbeknownst, a toothy grin began to pervade his features as the entertainment he sought played out below. This was absolutely fun to behold and idly, he wondered how things might have gone in past encounters, had he soldiers like the ones today. Though he supposed in a way, he did. Just wrapped up in different titles and names, twisted and seen through the lenses of those who didn't realize just how things repeated themselves. The Age of Gods and Heroes and Monsters was well and under way even today.

It added a bit of spice to things.

He did however, look somewhat disconcerted briefly at the presence of the boy. No power he could smell or sense...And yet, here he was. A grin split the features of the russian as he blew out a smoke cloud upward.

"Boy, either you've power of a subtlety that keeps you safe....Or you've more bravery then brains. I wonder which it is?"

Even entertained and jovial as he seemed now, he did nothing to stop Snow's whammy. If you snuck in here of all places, you deserved what was coming to you unprepared.

That and call it a hunch.

@Michale CS @Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits

U1XIDu2.jpg

"Well, going by the looks of it, I'd say you're right on that one.."

Tobias wasn't exactly keen on socializing in general. Society hadn't been too kind to him in that regard as bullies hounded him nonstop. It only got worse when the Yeerks invaded because it meant you had to be very careful about how who you talked to and about what. But after noticing a few stares directed his way, he figured that yeah a 14-15 year old boy probably didn't belong here.

But after seeing what happened down in that ring?

Beatrice seemed to visibly flinch a little at the ongoing battle. She was no stranger to combat, but seeing the girl be so utterly outmatched was almost painful. Her hand rested on her rapier, contemplating stepping in on this unfair contest. But she remained seated as yet another person introduced themselves to the forming group.

"Pleased to meet you, Tobias."

Looking at him, he seemed a bit young to be at a place like this, but she knew better than to judge purely by appearances. The other woman seemed equally repulsed, while Mr. Black appeared to be rather enjoying the spectacle like much of the crowd. Would no one intervene, even if it got the redhead killed?

"Excuse me, but...when does the battle end? It's, well, quite clearly over."

@Chewy Rabbits @Ringmaster @Michale CS

Beatrice seemed to visibly flinch a little at the ongoing battle. She was no stranger to combat, but seeing the girl be so utterly outmatched was almost painful. Her hand rested on her rapier, contemplating stepping in on this unfair contest. But she remained seated as yet another person introduced themselves to the forming group.

"Pleased to meet you, Tobias."

Looking at him, he seemed a bit young to be at a place like this, but she knew better than to judge purely by appearances. The other woman seemed equally repulsed, while Mr. Black appeared to be rather enjoying the spectacle like much of the crowd. Would no one intervene, even if it got the redhead killed?

"Excuse me, but...when does the battle end? It's, well, quite clearly over."
"That depends really my dear. Either they show mercy....Or they don't. Castlevania City is famous for it, which is why most of these fights are centered here."

He smiled and leaned back as he added.

"Something about the air...Still! You are free to intervene as you like. Myself, I'm of the opinion that those who enter that ring willingly get everything they deserve...Adulation or execution."

--------------

c14fbb07fc936cb4ad23d0bdaf5e0079-d4n4zuk.jpg

There were, Lucifer considered to himself, better ways to spend his nights then to explore the catacombs of the city. Better yes, but not as necessary. Here the air was thick and choking, fumes and darker energies flowing from the crumbled foundations of what was once his ancestral legacy. Here, his father once ruled and was defeated by an army of paladins seeking to eradicate the monster that plagued their lands. And now, here he was. Why?

Because someone had to do something about it.

The school he was sent to as a youth- The one that had filled his head with heroism and sacrifice had molded him into something different. Something inherently more noble that he sought to understand, wandering the world afterwards till he came here. Besides, the others had their sphere and their area of sacrifice and duty. Tarantula protected Neo-Tokyo with his wife, Kim Possible in America. Even that witch girl was doing something in Russia.

Which brought him back to here. Dressed to explore and hike before something occurred that he never thought he'd hear down here.

It was the sound of a person.

"Hello?" He called out uncertainly.

"....Is someone there?"

@Minerva

"That depends really my dear. Either they show mercy....Or they don't. Castlevania City is famous for it, which is why most of these fights are centered here."

He smiled and leaned back as he added.

"Something about the air...Still! You are free to intervene as you like. Myself, I'm of the opinion that those who enter that ring willingly get everything they deserve...Adulation or execution."

--------------

c14fbb07fc936cb4ad23d0bdaf5e0079-d4n4zuk.jpg

There were, Lucifer considered to himself, better ways to spend his nights then to explore the catacombs of the city. Better yes, but not as necessary. Here the air was thick and choking, fumes and darker energies flowing from the crumbled foundations of what was once his ancestral legacy. Here, his father once ruled and was defeated by an army of paladins seeking to eradicate the monster that plagued their lands. And now, here he was. Why?

Because someone had to do something about it.

The school he was sent to as a youth- The one that had filled his head with heroism and sacrifice had molded him into something different. Something inherently more noble that he sought to understand, wandering the world afterwards till he came here. Besides, the others had their sphere and their area of sacrifice and duty. Tarantula protected Neo-Tokyo with his wife, Kim Possible in America. Even that witch girl was doing something in Russia.

Which brought him back to here. Dressed to explore and hike before something occurred that he never thought he'd hear down here.

It was the sound of a person.

"Hello?" He called out uncertainly.

"....Is someone there?"

@Minerva
.eJwNyEsKwyAUAMC7uK9fxJjLyKuKWowGfUJC6d2bWc6XrFHJTjLiOXfGQpm-j0An9gEp0tR7qhHOMqnvBwNE8PmIDScTRqpNKfsw3FitJZNKaPu0FUYIrazkbEYYPpeWHObocCzM7n07n6HfC9q1XkFzualKP2civz-eLy-f.DEkaujVc6VX2Hyh1m-54ibu034k

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster."
-Nietzche

That quote could not be more true for Leah Cain. The niece of the famous lorekeeper Deckard Cain, and a lorekeeper in and of herself. Leah fought monsters with her uncle. She fought and documented demons and monsters of all sorts. However, she soon became the ultimate monster. Diablo.

Her spirit was left to roam the world when Diablo took over her body. She found cracks. Cracks in the world. Cracks in the multiverse. She bled through many cracks, appeared in many different worlds at many different times.

This was one of those places.

Leah woke up on the floor. The brick was partially collapsed, and water was leaking through. She knew what this was. She was in catacombs somewhere. But where? It didn't seem like the rooms under the Tristram Cathedral. There wasn't fire and brimstone. There were just skulls, collapsed stone, and water.

Leah picked herself up, brushed her clothes off, and stepped into the hallway. She picked her book and her crossbow up off of the ground, and made sure her blade was tucked inside of her belt.

She gripped her crossbow and book, and called out into the empty hallway. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

.eJwNyEsKwyAUAMC7uK9fxJjLyKuKWowGfUJC6d2bWc6XrFHJTjLiOXfGQpm-j0An9gEp0tR7qhHOMqnvBwNE8PmIDScTRqpNKfsw3FitJZNKaPu0FUYIrazkbEYYPpeWHObocCzM7n07n6HfC9q1XkFzualKP2civz-eLy-f.DEkaujVc6VX2Hyh1m-54ibu034k

He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster."
-Nietzche

That quote could not be more true for Leah Cain. The niece of the famous lorekeeper Deckard Cain, and a lorekeeper in and of herself. Leah fought monsters with her uncle. She fought and documented demons and monsters of all sorts. However, she soon became the ultimate monster. Diablo.

Her spirit was left to roam the world when Diablo took over her body. She found cracks. Cracks in the world. Cracks in the multiverse. She bled through many cracks, appeared in many different worlds at many different times.

This was one of those places.

Leah woke up on the floor. The brick was partially collapsed, and water was leaking through. She knew what this was. She was in catacombs somewhere. But where? It didn't seem like the rooms under the Tristram Cathedral. There wasn't fire and brimstone. There were just skulls, collapsed stone, and water.

Leah picked herself up, brushed her clothes off, and stepped into the hallway. She picked her book and her crossbow up off of the ground, and made sure her blade was tucked inside of her belt.

She gripped her crossbow and book, and called out into the empty hallway. "Hello? Is anyone here?"
The flashlight immediately went over to shine her direction, its owner stepping closer with a frown.

Lucifer blinked in mild astonishment as he took her in.

Early twenties, Caucasian-No trace of an accent I can tell. English speaking, living...Armed with a crossbow and carrying a relatively new book. Down here? Without so much as a led light. Who is she?

The rest of his thoughts focused on her features as he waved the light briefly.

No shine...No glow. Not a shifter then or a vampire.

His instincts took over as he spoke.

"Are you lost? If so then you took a Hell of a wrong turn down here."

@Minerva

The flashlight immediately went over to shine her direction, its owner stepping closer with a frown.

Lucifer blinked in mild astonishment as he took her in.

Early twenties, Caucasian-No trace of an accent I can tell. English speaking, living...Armed with a crossbow and carrying a relatively new book. Down here? Without so much as a led light. Who is she?

The rest of his thoughts focused on her features as he waved the light briefly.

No shine...No glow. Not a shifter then or a vampire.

His instincts took over as he spoke.

"Are you lost? If so then you took a Hell of a wrong turn down here."

@Minerva
Leah blinked and stared at Lucifer. She took a second to take it all in. She noticed the flashlight. Much different than the torches she knew in her world. She clutched her book of lore tightly and kept her crossbow at her side. This man carried himself much like the Crusader of her world, or her uncle Deckard.

latest

"I think I might be lost.... I woke up in a room back there, and have no idea where I came from." She looked at him and his equipment. "I'm Leah Cain." She introduced herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.