Caste Game - Who will be the next 'King'? (Need more members)

King or Joker?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey can i join?
If so can i be a floater?
Sure :) Welcome aboard. And no problem, I'll have your spot updated in just a sec ^^

This sounds soo cool! Can i have spot #8 please?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: UnsightlyTEAstain
  • Thank You
Reactions: Rin Mico
Hello. Is there a character sheet or something that I should be looking for? I can't find it.

Also, I would like the "Brain" role if that's alright.

Hello. Is there a character sheet or something that I should be looking for? I can't find it.

Also, I would like the "Brain" role if that's alright.
Not as of late since this is still in the interest check stage. Roles, as stated in the info, will be randomly handed to each RPer who is participating in the game and has requested a role spot depending on what number they receive.

Oh. I read it several times and still wasn't clear.

Give me #11 then?

This reminds me a lot of the manga I just read. XD It wasn't the Caste Game, though. Basically, it was about a boarding school for boys, in a country I think was supposed to be Germany. Instead of normal playing cards they used tarot cards, and instead of the game just being about finding cards... well, the one who held the emperor card decided challenges, which the students then would need to do. It could be everything from sneaking into their teachers office and burning the upcoming test, to... receiving a letter from another students parents/caretaker or stealing apples from the kitchen. Whenever someone won a challenge, they would rise in rank. Whenever they failed, however... they would go down a rank. Those who refused to participate would be intensely bullied, though most actually did want to participate to gain privileges. Something along those lines. o.o

• Bucket of Rainbows
This reminds me a lot of the manga I just read. XD It wasn't the Caste Game, though. Basically, it was about a boarding school for boys, in a country I think was supposed to be Germany. Instead of normal playing cards they used tarot cards, and instead of the game just being about finding cards... well, the one who held the emperor card decided challenges, which the students then would need to do. It could be everything from sneaking into their teachers office and burning the upcoming test, to... receiving a letter from another students parents/caretaker or stealing apples from the kitchen. Whenever someone won a challenge, they would rise in rank. Whenever they failed, however... they would go down a rank. Those who refused to participate would be intensely bullied, though most actually did want to participate to gain privileges. Something along those lines. o.o

Oooh does that manga have a name?? ;)

Reactions: Gladis
Oooh does that manga have a name?? ;)
It does. XD Sadly, I only know the german name (since I bought it here in Germany) which is Vogelkäfig Syndom. It's about 9 chapters long and pretty interesting, so I suggest you check it out. -w-

Edit: Looked up the Japanese title. It's called Torikago Syndrome. ^^

• Bucket of Rainbows
extremely interested but I am unsure if I can join.

It does. XD Sadly, I only know the german name (since I bought it here in Germany) which is Vogelkäfig Syndom. It's about 9 chapters long and pretty interesting, so I suggest you check it out. -w-

Edit: Looked up the Japanese title. It's called Torikago Syndrome. ^^
Thank you tons! I'm going to enjoy this series ;p

extremely interested but I am unsure if I can join.
You are definitely welcome to join any time ^^

@Momozono Yuuna -- Yes, we're still accepting~ xD Honestly, I'm undecided whether I'm going to close sign-ups at all. I'm loving all of these characters, too much. <3

@Vio -- Of course you can~

Hello. I'd express interest in joining. I'd like to have the slot of lucky number #7, please. I read the manga a while back, last year or so. Man, that mangaka's work is always so dark... and just to suit my sadistic tastes.

oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

• Bucket of Rainbows
Put me on spot four. -w-

• Bucket of Rainbows
An interesting concept, if I do say so myself. I haven't played a role-play with a dice system, nor have I read the manga, but I shall acquaint myself with both in due time. For now, I would like to reserve slot number 5. However, I may resign depending on the answers to the following questions:

1. At approximately what level of writing do you wish to set this role-play?
2. How often must we post IC? You did mention you shall be making weekly inspections. Does this mean that we must post at least once a week?
3. Are other "supernatural phenomena" allowed (if the cards themselves can be considered supernatural, despite obviously being a psychological mechanism of experimentation)? I do not mean something along the lines of death gods, hell fires, mind control and the like, but smaller things that may or may not exist in our own world, yet are considered by the majority to be "fake", "a rumor" or simply "unexplained oddities that science can't prove to be existent or nonexistent".

Hello. I'd express interest in joining. I'd like to have the slot of lucky number #7, please. I read the manga a while back, last year or so. Man, that mangaka's work is always so dark... and just to suit my sadistic tastes.

oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif
Whoa there everything about your account screams awesome at me xD (From the Mischief Managed profile pic to the Tom Hiddleston/Loki gif you just put out. Not to mention the very classy sig ;P). I'll have you added in a giffy ^^

Put me on spot four. -w-
Will do sir/mam!

An interesting concept, if I do say so myself. I haven't played a role-play with a dice system, nor have I read the manga, but I shall acquaint myself with both in due time. For now, I would like to reserve slot number 5. However, I may resign depending on the answers to the following questions:

1. At approximately what level of writing do you wish to set this role-play?
2. How often must we post IC? You did mention you shall be making weekly inspections. Does this mean that we must post at least once a week?
3. Are other "supernatural phenomena" allowed? I do not mean something along the lines of death gods, hell fires, mind control and the like, but smaller things that may or may not exist in our own world, yet are considered by the majority to be "fake", "a rumor" or simply "supernatural".
1. Intermediate - Just the occasional error mistakes is okay but not a paragraph that looks something more like morose code.
2. Basically yes once a week is the minimum amount of post I'm looking for but more activity would be appreciated.
3. That has yet to be decided actually. I was planning for this to be a more psychological based RP but if anyone has any ideas then they're free to PM me about it.

Still up for that spot?

• Thank You
Reactions: Gladis and Wicked
@Clear
Yah, I'm game. I need to get my writing mood back and what better way than a role-play that reminds me of the Stanford prison experiment. XD
Which reminds me, do they live in dorms or do they live with their families? Having a dorm structure would definitely induce the sense of being trapped in a nightmare for those under the boot, not to mention the fear and opportunities the night brings.

As for the "supernatural phenomena" I mentioned earlier, it wouldn't be a bad idea to insert a dose of that madness, in my opinion. Perhaps not powers for each individual student, but small abilities that come along with obtaining a higher card (along with the occasional oddities such as aura detection, syneasthesia and other phenomena that occur due to the configuration of the brain, eyes, etc.). Then again, if we were to look at it from a different light, if the cards grant powers, then a good part of the psychological concept would be lost. If our aim were to be to increase the mystery of the plot and give others more "thought treats", how about a series of mysteries/rumors/legends regarding the school, which tie together to form one mystery and, quite naturally, whoever solves the mystery is rewarded, such as a wish? I won't get too ahead of myself, though. What do you all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.