[cassie x north]

c a s s i e
Seemed like North was a woman of culture. She too, had tattoos. Definitely not as much as Cassie had, but still more than she'd previously anticipated. They were dope tattoos too. Cassie figured that the tattoos that was on North's arm had actually suited her. Planets on a girl that was studying astronomy. Cassie was somehow both surprised and also completely unsurprised by that. Hearing North's reasoning as to why she wasn't as cavalier with her tattoos, Cassie nodded. She understood North's concerns, but the best way to get over problems like that was to spend a pretty penny on a quality artist.

"Well... if you want guaranteed quality, you're going to have to pay quite a bit." Cassie pointed at her sleeve, "This took me a year and nearly $800 to complete. But you know what? It's totally worth it." Cassie chuckled, before taking North's arm in her own. "I think you should get more of these elsewhere. Everyone gets these on their arms, but nobody puts them in places like their chest or their legs. These are dope tattoos, and they deserve to be in spots that aren't your arm." Cassie continued to look at the artwork that was on North's arm. "These suit you, hon."

n o r t h

"thanks,"
North said, a faint blush having spread on her face at the compliments on her tattoo and being told it suited her, "I dunno if I'm about to get more anytime soon though, like this one I planned since I was like sixteen, I like, really gotta be committed to an idea ya know? Cus I'm not really a tattoo kind of person but I enjoy having something that means something to me and reflects who I am on my body, if that makes sense?"

North shrugged and rolled down her sleeve again, mostly because it was the most comfortable. She kept her gaze lingering on Cassie's though, "I can imagine feeling safer about it when paying that much though... Are they all done by the same artist?"

c a s s i e
Cassie gently nudged the rather bashful girl. Tattoos were a good look on her, and that was saying something considering that half the time whenever people got tattoos.. it was like some of the most tacky shit that Cassie had ever seen in her life. Luckily, North had actual taste, which was something that the girl could definitely appreciate. Cassie liked someone with good taste, even if it wasn't exactly what she'd get on herself. Those types of tattoos weren't up Cassie's alley, but she could definitely tell that it was still worth its weight in salt and it definitely had the appeal.

"Yeah. Maybe later down the line you'll get some more. I started off with one, then it grew into my sleeves." Cassie chuckled, before hearing North's next question. "Yep. I got them done by Jared Brown in Downtown. It cost me soooo much but he did a great job. Not to mention the background music he played was also pretty good. I highly recommend him if you have the cash. He'll do anything so long as it isn't your significant other's name or something really dumb." Cassie shrugged, before rolling her shoulders back.

"What about piercings? I want a nose stud or a ring. I think I could rock one." Cassie scratched her chin, "But it'd be kinda harder for me to breathe, though..."

n o r t h

"I don't even have my ears pierced,"
North chuckled, and gestured a little at her own ears, a lot of girls just kind of had their pierce, but she had never gotten it done when she was younger and all her classmates started to go to like their closest claire's to get it done. Maybe because she hadn't had much in terms of friend or maybe just because she hadn't liked the idea of going somewhere and letting some stranger touch her, because she had felt much more iffy about things like that when she was younger, "I was really into getting some kind of lip piercing when I was younger, but the idea of someone shoving a needle through my skin kind of freaks me out," She still felt a little scared just kind of thinking about it, it just seemed like it hurt and she wasn't about that, plus since she had gotten over wanting to get piercings, maybe it was a good thing she had never gotten them.

"I'm not squeamish or anything but I dunno,"
She explained further, "I just thought about it a little more and decided it wasn't for me. I still think stuff like that's pretty cool though, like a nose stud or something would probably look really cool,"

c a s s i e
Cassie scratched her chin for a second once again. She was trying to visualize the lovely North with a piercing on her. What kind of piercing would fit her, anyway? She was trying to figure it out. Was North an ear piercing person? A lip piercing person? A nose piercing person? "I think you'd look good with a nose piercing." Cassie then remembered what piercing your nose entailed, "I uh.. nevermind. I don't think you'd like having your nose pierced." Cassie laughed sheepishly. The blonde hipster liked expressing herself through body modification. It wasn't like she was good at expressing herself in any other form anyway.

"Man... now I'm thinking about getting that nose stud... why'd you do this to me, North?" Cassie playfully frowned, before poking her own nose. "I don't want a dude to put a bar through my nose. That shit looks like it hurts. Eugh." Cassie shuddered. As much as Cassie enjoyed all sorts of art, she really couldn't handle the macabre and gory shit. "Ah, dude. I shouldn't have mentioned that. I'm getting the creeps."

n o r t h

"See that was my thought when I was like sixteen and that is why I don't have any piercings now. Maybe it's better left to the pros"
North said with a slightly amused smile, though she didn't really want to have accidentally been the cause of Cassie missing out on something she wanted to do, and while she was pretty sure Cassie's frown and been joking she wasn't entirely sure so she added, "but then again, everyone had to start somewhere, right?" she shrugged a little and shot Cassie a small smile .

"I dunno, maybe it isn't as bad as it seems? Like, if you really want one I'm sure you could get one, especially if you could sit through all of those tattoos? Like it's probably not the same, but I'm sure a lot of people says the same about tattoos?"

c a s s i e
"I didn't think tattoos really hurt that bad." Cassie rubbed her tattooed arm, "It only really hurts if you get it on the bone." Pointing to her arm, Cassie's tattoo extended over her arm bones. "At first it hurt soooo bad, but then after the first session I was on my phone and having a nice conversation while a needle was just poking into my skin like nobody's business." Cassie giggled, "Did it hurt for you?" The tattooed girl pointed down at North's tattoo. It looked to be in a location that wouldn't hurt as much, but pain was relative. Some things that Cassie could shrug off could take out some other people.

Cassie didn't know how much time had passed as she and North had conversed. She looked down at her phone at some point to check the time.
"Oh-oh shit! Damn. It's been a couple of hours already? Wow. Time sure flies when I'm with ya." Cassie smirked, before stretching her legs, "I should get going soon. I'm getting hungry and I need to be early to my next class so nobody takes my seat."

n o r t h

"Yeah, I'm a bit of a baby when it comes to pain, and I was already a little on edge about the whole thing, but it was okay in the end,"
North said with a shrug and turned her attention back to the movie for a bit, and for a while they just watched and chatted idly until it was time for Cassie to make her way to her next class. North chuckled a little at her reasoning for hurrying and wished her good luck on her mission to acquire lunch before she left. When she did, North was left with an odd feeling, one that she just couldn't place. It was kind of warm, like she was blushing almost but it was a more internal happy feeling. It was nice but confusing and she chose to ignore it in favour of watching south park until she too had to hurry to lunch.

It was a week later that Cassie had invited North over to her apartment. A week in which they sat together in class more and North dropped by the cafe several times, leaving with a warm feeling that she wasn't sure if it was due to Cassie or the coffee. Either way somehow they had been talking and it had ended up with North being invited over. She was a little nervous about it, it was the first time they had actually properly planned to hang out. That was a new thing. But she had said yes because she wanted to hang out more with Cassie.

So that was why she found herself half lost somewhere in the area of Cassie's apartment building. North didn't really get out all that much so she wasn't the most familiar with the area even if it hadn't been further than she had been able to walk without any issue. she knew she was about right though, she just needed to find the specific building. Though she didn't want to run late either so after some time of mildly suspicious looking walking around the area she texted Cassie, 'I'm kind of here, not entirely sure where though? help,'

c a s s i e
To say that Cassie was woefully nervous for tonight was an understatement. There were a high number of occasions where Cassie was mentally kicking herself as she scrambled to get the apartment set up for the dinner tonight. It wasn't a date, per se, but that didn't mean that Cassie couldn't treat it like one. For the night, Cassie had kicked out her roommates and sent them to a club. They were free to get drunk on Cassie's expense. Currently, Cassie was plating the pasta she'd cooked for the night. it was some pasta cooked with this delicious pasta sauce, as well as some beef chunks served on the side just in case North was a vegetarian.

She also had some (alcohol free) apple cider and wine to drink for the night. Just to show how nervous Cassie was, she had actually decided to dress up tonight. She was wearing a rather beautiful black cocktail dress, and had done her makeup a bit. Cassie wasn't really the type to wear makeup all the time, but sometimes she did because damn it, she wanted to feel pretty! Leaning on the counter, Cassie looked over the apartment. It was as clean as she could've made it. Looking at her phone as it buzzed on the counter, she darted over to it. She hoped to god that North didn't cancel on her or anything like that. Looking at the text, she was here, but she was lost.

"I'll go look for you, one sec." Cassie replied, before sauntering over to a window to see just where North was. The apartment was conveniently located in a location where she could see outside in most angles. If North was nearby she'd be able to see. Looking outside the first window, there she was. Perfect. Opening up the window, Cassie poked her head out. "North! Over here! Just go up the stairs!" Putting her head back inside, her heart started to pound out of her chest. Oh boy. It was definitely going to be going down now. Cassie was beyond nervous as she went up to the door, peering outside the peephole to see when North would arrive.

n o r t h

Thank god Cassie was there to help. North smiled at the other girl and waved and nodded to confirm she would go up the stairs.

From what she had been able to vaguely see from the window Cassie had looked really nice and North was wondering if she was underdressed. She was wearing a skirt, a simple black one, but she had sacrificed the feeling of comfort she had with sweatpants or jeans, she also wore a plain white t-shirt and had put on a flannel shirt as a jacket as well as her trapper hat because it looked cute with flannel. So she looked more cosy than fancy, but maybe it'd be fine? Cassie had invited her, and this was who she was?

Still pondering about that she made her way into the building and to Cassie's apartment door. She shifted her feet nervously and fussed a little with he skirt to make sure it was hitting her waste in the way that looked the best, even if any shape the skirt gave her basically was hidden thanks to the shirt and actual fall jacket she was wearing on top. Then she decided to stop being silly and just press the doorbell, waiting for Cassie to open.

c a s s i e
Seeing North come up to the door, Cassie was trying frantically to unlock the door as fast as she could. Much to no avail, she was fumbling the locks as she was trying to get it opened for North. Once North came up to the door, Cassie was still trying to get the last lock open. "Just a second!" Cassie could feel her hands get more slippery with the sweat that was accumulating on her hands. Uh oh. She had to take a second to wipe her hands clean, before she finally jiggled the lock open and she was finally able to unlock that pesky last lock.

Opening the door, Cassie's full outfit was exposed. A fancy cocktail dress was the main feature of Cassie's outfit, complemented by incredibly red lipstick, a pair of heels (which she didn't wear anyway), and some smoky eye makeup. "Hi! Come on in!" The nervous girl stepped aside to let North in. Closing the door behind her, Cassie locked only one lock just to be sure. She didn't want to fumble the locks again later. "Welcome to Chez Ridley. That's my last name if you didn't know that."

Stepping in front of North, Cassie took a moment to give a quick tour of the apartment. She pointed from left to right, "That's my roommate's room, my other roommate's room, and my room." It was pretty obvious considering the door had "CASSIE" written on it, but Cassie was nervous. She just acted on pure instinct. "Down the hall is the bathroom... and over here is the kitchen slash dining room slash living room." Cassie gestured to the big room they were standing in, which was actually reasonably sized.

Stepping over behind the counter, Cassie grabbed a few plates underneath. Putting them up on top, Cassie adjusted her dress as she handed one to North.
"Tonight's recipe, mademoiselle, is a handmade spring salad, along with a pasta with a sauce made by Chef Ragu... and some steak cubes I cut up and cooked myself. Do you eat red meat? If not... I separated them for a reason." Cassie smiled sheepishly, before gesturing to the drinks. "Then there's apple cider... and some wine if you're feeling a little fancy tonight."

n o r t h

North followed Cassie around, receiving a small tour of the apartment. She was really curious to see it, though more curious to see Cassie's room specifically. For now, the door labelled as hers stayed closed and they both stayed in the combined kitchen living room area. So north settled on watching Cassie as she got out plates. She looked really pretty in her dress, it was hitting her in all the right places. And it was short sleeved so North got to see her full tattoo sleeves which was really cool because she mostly just saw a glimpse of them when Cassie rolled up her sleeves.

The sight of her friend was a little distracting so it took her a moment to really register the fact that she was presenting their meal for them. It looked really good, and smelled good and the food was a lot more proper than the frozen things North would normally just heat in the microwave in the dorm kitchen.

"It might be hard not to feel fancy with such a fancy meal," North joked, it was more of a statement on the effort put in by Cassie than it was on her wanting wine, maybe she'd have a glass, maybe not, she was honestly much more excited about the food and thusly got seated by the table on a place where Cassie had placed a plate, "I might skip out on the meat though, I'm kinda a picky eater, sorry," it was always a little embarrassing to admit that because it felt so childish but there were some things she just couldn't eat. And it wasn't even about taste a lot of the time. Like she avoided things like steak because she hated the texture and she just couldn't even chew it.

c a s s i e
Cassie nodded. She was right to separate the meat from the pasta. For whatever reason, she had a feeling that she should separate the meat from the pasta, and Cassie's intuition was right. Nodding, Cassie let her plate be empty as she waited for North to start serving herself first. "I kinda had a feeling. Thank god that feeling was right." Laughing quietly, Cassie sat down on her stool. The guest always had to serve themselves first, before Cassie could serve herself. Even though it smelled so good, Cassie didn't wanna be rude.

"Go ahead! I'll go after ya." The host sat patiently on her stool, thinking of conversation topics to make things a little less awkward. "How was your day?" It might not have been the best starter, but it was better than nothing.

n o r t h

"Oh it was good I guess, I didn't really do much,"
North shrugged and started to help herself to the food, except the meat. She really hadn't done much and had just kind of waiting for it to be later so she could leave for Cassie's, though the time before she had left had been spent with getting ready and making sure she looked presentable. It wasn't that she had been nervous or anything, she had just wanted to look nice and visiting someone for dinner felt like a big deal so she hadn't been able to focus on anything productive during the day.

She got her food up on her plate in silence, not really thinking about the fact that she should be making conversation or at least direct the question back to Cassie, at least not until she had a decent sized helping of pasta on her place and she realised things were quiet. At that point she finally decided to go, "how was yours?" she really wasn't all that good at small talk, if that was what this was, it felt like it to North though.

c a s s i e
Once North had finished getting whatever food that she wanted to get, Cassie served herself. Looking over at North's portions, she found that her portions were only half the size of Cassie's. She felt bad, but Cassie was starving and she hadn't eaten anything all day prior to cooking up this food for North. She grabbed a fork and stabbed a piece of pasta and steak, before putting it in her mouth. That was right about the time where North asked her how she was doing. Chewing, Cassie covered her mouth as she worked through the rather tender and flavorful piece of beef.

"It was good. I was a busy bee today." She laughed. This was a little awkward, considering that Cassie didn't really know how to carry a conversation when it came to scenarios like this. "Do you like the food?" Cassie asked curiously, continuing to stab at pasta and beef and various vegetables.

n o r t h

"Yeah, I do, it's really good,"
North said with a very genuine smile, she felt a little bad about not tasting the beef too, but then she wouldn't enjoy the meal as much as she did and she really was. It was kind of cool that Cassie had just made it. It wasn't like North was fascinated with the ability to prepare a dish or anything, but with living in the dorms and her only friend in the area being there with her it wasn't like she had homecooked meals all that often, and even when she lived at home she had obviously been in high school still so it wasn't like her friends would prepare dinner for when they hung out. It felt kind of like a weirdly adult thing while still just being chill and them hanging out.

"I eat a lot of frozen premade stuff just because it's easy to just heat up in the dorm microwave, ya know?" she continued, "So it's nice to eat something more proper. And like it's just good in general, it's not only that it isn't heated frozen food," she added with a small chuckle.

c a s s i e
Hearing North compliment her cooking had made her feel all warm and squishy inside. She wasn't much of a cook, considering she spent most of her days making coffee instead, but that didn't mean she couldn't appreciate the art of cooking from time to time. She wasn't Gordon Ramsey by any means, but she could still cook enough to save her life and impress a person or ten. There was a big goofy smile on her face. As much as she tried to hide it, she just couldn't. "Why thank you."

Another lull fell onto the conversation again like a blanket. She didn't know what else to say other than that. She wished she knew North better. Conversations would've been much easier and much more meaningful if she knew how North worked. Then she remembered the wine. That was a good thing to start with. Yes, alcohol was definitely going to make things easier. Grabbing the bottle, Cassie popped the cork with relative ease, before starting to pour some glasses for her and North. "Do you like wine? If you don't you can always drink the fancy apple cider, but I'll pour you a glass just in case you do."

n o r t h

"I don't mind wine, it's better than a lot of other alcohols,"
North shrugged and watched her glass being poured up. It wasn't a matter if she liked it or not though it was more a matter if she wanted to risk getting drunk, or well tipsy, drunk from one glass of wine was a little extreme. But also, future tipsy North might think getting actually drunk was a good idea so she had to consider that possibility. She didn't know why she felt like it was such a big deal, the last time they hung out outside of school she had literally gotten high for the first time in front of Cassie. But the setting was a little different and she didn't want to do or say something stupid by accident.

But then again, drinking the wine might make her care less about details like that, which felt like a good idea. She really just wanted to hang out and have a good time, so when Cassie was done pouring up the wine she reached for the glass and took a sip to signify that she was going to drink it, "Are you going to be all fancy and tell me all about the wine and like, what notes it has? Seeing as you announced the rest of dinner very fancily?" she joked.

c a s s i e
Cassie honestly wasn't sure how to describe wine. All she knew about the beverage was that it was what richer people got to drink, and that usually those who were really into it were really big assholes. But, North did want to do something, and she couldn't just object to it. Smiling at North, she took the bottle and stared at the label. "And oover here we have a... mer-low? Mer-lot? It's... a year old... and it's red." Cassie laughed, before sipping the glass of wine. "You want me to spit it out into a bucket too?" Cassie laughed, before sipping some more wine, "But it's good, though. I like it."

Finishing the whole glass in a few seconds, Cassie was quick to pour herself some more. As gross was wine was supposed to be, this one was quite the contrary. "Do you want some more?" Cassie inquired, as she began sipping on her second glass of wine. "Who knows... maybe we'll finish the whole bottle and we're gonna have to raid my roommate's stash later."

n o r t h

North let out a chuckle at Cassie's attempt to describe the wine, and then another one as she just downed her glass at once. It was a fun contrast to the pretend fanciness. She supposed neither of them was especially fancy which just made it all more fun. North decided to not just drink all her wine at once, but instead took a couple of big gulps of it, which essentially was the same thing. If Cassie was drinking, it was okay for her to drink.

"Won't you roommate be pissed?"
North asked, sounding more amused than worried, "Where are they all anyways? Are they just like lurking in a closet somewhere? that'd be kind of funny."