[cassie x north]

c a s s i e
Cassie rolled her eyes as North confirmed her suspicions. Morning classes were the bane of her existence, but so was having to stay another year here and having to pay an extra $11k out of her pocket. Better suffer now than suffer later. "Yep." Cassie nodded, looking down at her notebook. Cassie herself was wearing a gray crewneck with a pair of leggings. Her books and laptop were wrapped in her hands. Classes had no right to be this fucking early!

She then put her hand on the door and opened it for North, before going in herself. The environment as a whole was dead. No energy from anyone. Cups of coffee were all over the place. Seems like Cassie and North weren't the only ones feeling the mood right now. It was one of those boring lecture halls, so Cassie could at least sleep in the back and get away with it if she wanted to.

But because Cassie was Cassie, she was blind as shit. So, she had to sit a little closer since she'd forgotten to bring her glasses. Finding a row semi-close to the front, she made sure North was at least nearby. "You have the books, right? I can share with you if you want."

n o r t h

North followed Cassie into the lecture hall, still tired but now also intrigued by the fact that Cassie and her apperently seemed to be sharing a class, despite their very different majors. It was kind of exciting, or well, as exciting as anything could be this early in the morning, which didn't really say much. Had it been at another time she probably would have responded a little more than just following Cassie and sitting down next to her.

"Why wouldn't I have books?" North said with a small chuckle, half confused as she brought out her books, that she carried in her bag, which was a backpack, it did kind of make her look like a twelve-year-old at times, but it was practically for carrying a laptop, school books and all her pens and pencils.

After getting her things up she got a fresh page out, prepared to take notes. Her brain might feel completely dead at that point in time she still very much intended to take notes, because if she didn't, there was no chance she remembered anything and would most likely just fall asleep. Tough, maybe she wouldn't when Cassie was there, "I can't believe we actually have a class together?" she said, still a little more sleepy sounding than anything, they had probably shared a class or two before, but that was before they had become some kinds of friends.

c a s s i e
"I know, it's like someone just wants us to be together or something." Cassie joked, before taking her pen and clicking it as the professor cleared her throat. As soon as the class title left her mouth, Cassie damn well nearly fell asleep. Just the title of the class was enough to lull her into a deep sleep. The blonde wasn't particularly looking forward to analyzing styles and composition of some American literature. She just wanted to get done with the class and go back to sleep or something like that.

In the middle of her lecture introducing the class and the book they'll be covering for a month, Cassie was struggling to keep her eyes open. Leaning over to North, she whispered, "This class makes me want to die." She whined, before continuing to look over the syllabus. One concerning thing that she could see already was that the final paper was going to be the biggest factor in determining her grade. 40%! If she didn't do it, then she would've failed the class right off the bat.

It was clear that Cassie was going to make that a priority. She took her pen and started underlining the date, before going back to doodling in the margins. Something about flowers and butterflies were in the margins. It was what helped Cassie stay awake just enough.

n o r t h

The lecture started and boy was it not the lecture you wanted in the morning. Boring and sleep deprivation did not mix well, and no matter North's determination the take notes her eyes kept glancing over at what Cassie was doodling rather than the power point. She tried taking notes on the most important stuff, but she certainly wasn't complaining when Cassie decided to grab her attention for a moment.

"It's not that bad?" North said with a quiet and maybe a little awkward chuckle, she wouldn't say it was making her want to die, it was kind of an extreme when it was just a little boring, but she guessed it was probably just an over-exaggeration. But even so North was just mildly bored, mostly just tired. She certainly wasn't looking forward to this class at all, and it definitely wasn't something she excelled in which meant she would probably be struggling to care enough to do the work. But the way she tended to twist around it, was to think that the boring stuff would lead to her being able to do fun stuff in the future and that usually motivated her to work a little more on the boring stuff.

Though North did realise that she had just completely zoned out from the lecture, and that was not a good sign, "Okay it's pretty bad," she changed her mind, "But at least we're in this together? or something?" she tried with a bit of an awkward smile, maybe this class could be more fun with someone you knew to work with, or at least to compare notes with, hoping that they wouldn't zone out at the same time.

c a s s i e
Cassie smiled once North had realized that this class really bad. The professor had such a monotone voice that should be used as a tranquilizer. Not even the professor was feeling it, and she'd been doing this shit for years. But, she had a job to do like the rest of them. As much as the professor was also bored out of her mind with the subject, she had to teach it. "Yeah, of course we're in this together." Cassie said, starting to draw circles in the margins of her syllabus now, "I just hope I don't die of boredom."

The professor droned on and on about the history of "As I Lay Dying" and Cassie had honestly fallen asleep a couple of times. It wasn't until the end of the class when she woke up from her mini-nap. Opening her eyes, Cassie let out a breath. Now she didn't have class for a few hours. She didn't know what to do with herself until then. Putting her books and stuff back in her backpack, Cassie stood up.

"You have any classes anytime soon? I don't... so I don't know what to do with myself for the next four hours." Cassie grumbled, slipping her backpack on.

n o r t h

The lecture continued on, it seemed like Cassie was half asleep on her desk when she wasn't doodling. North was trying to not give in and just do the same but after a while, she succumbed to at least the doodling part and started to fill every other row in her margins with exes and dashes. While it prevented her from taking notes the act of drawing such a repeated pattern at least kept her awake and able to listen to the lecture.

Eventually, though it was over, Cassie seemed to slowly come back to life and North stood and started to pack up her things, expecting them both to just go do their thing and continue with classes, or well for Cassie to do that because North was free after this one. It seemed like Cassie was too though, another funny coincident, or maybe just a consequence of this lecture being placed so early.

"me neither, I was honestly just planning on going back to the dorms... And like, maybe take a nap or something, " North said with a shrug, "I guess I'll see you around?"

c a s s i e
Cassie shrugged as she clipped a thingy on her backpack, to make sure it was extra secure. The blonde didn't know what to do with the massive gap in her schedule. She could honestly just go back home and veg on her bed for a little bit, but then that'd mean she'd have to walk all the way back here again. It was more efficient to be in the library but at the same time the longer she stayed on campus the less her sanity would uphold. It was a dilemma that was sort of tearing at poor Cassie.

She had a stupid idea, though, one that could potentially hit multiple birds with one stone. She cleared her throat and ran her hand through her shoulder length bobby blonde hair. This could have been one of the dumbest ideas Cassie had ever had, but it was worth taking a shot on.
"Hey, do you mind if I come with you? I don't wanna walk all the way back to my apartment only to walk back over here a few hours later. It's fine if you don't wanna, though."

n o r t h

"Oh um..."
North said, not really sure what to respond right away, she didn't mind the idea of Cassie coming along with, it just wasn't what she had planned, and she didn't normally have people over at her dorm room. But she supposed it wouldn't be too bad, and hanging out with Cassie sounded like fun, so a moment later she put on a smile and said, "yeah, sure, hopefully, Skylar's not sleeping," with a small shrug. She took her now packed waited for a moment to make sure Cassie was done and then ventured out of the lecture hall and steered her steps towards the dorms.

She didn't talk all that much as they walked back, responding if Cassie said something but not much else, it wasn't really far to the dorms and she was more focused on getting there and thinking what it'd be like to have Cassie there and about what Skylar would think of it all.

She knocked on the door before opening it, to give Skylar a fair warning that someone was coming in. It only seemed to confuse the other as the first words out of Skylar's mouth as they entered the small and slightly messy room, "North why the fuck are you knocking?" she was a slender girl of average height with black shoulder length hair, short cut bangs, pale skin, typical hipster glasses and a septum piercing, she always looked really cool in Norths opinion. As Skylar saw that it wasn't just North there though she corrected herself by saying, "oh, hi?"

c a s s i e
The trip up to North's dorm was somewhat peaceful. She'd never expected to get this far, but here she was, outside the door of North's humble abode. She held her hands behind her back, humming quietly as North fumbled the keys. Of course, a fair warning had to be given to her roommate, which was totally fair. Walking inside, she waved at what she assumed to be North's roommate. She looked like one of those typical hipster-y girls. Not foreign for some place like Seattle. Reaching out a hand, she shook Skylar's hand. "Cassie. Pleasure to meet ya." Cassie winked, before dropping her backpack and taking a seat nearby.

Looking around, this place was cozy. At least for a dorm, anyway. She was swaying idly in her chair as she looked around. The fairy lights were such a nice touch. Cassie really wished she could find some cheap enough to put in her own place.
"This place is nice." Cassie said, before looking down at North and Skylar. "How long have you two known each other?" Cassie asked curiously, before grabbing her laptop out of her bag. She was gonna spend a while here, so she might a well have grabbed something to do.

It may have been somewhat of a dumb question, but Cassie didn't care. It was better than the awkward silence that would otherwise fill the room.

n o r t h

"Freshman year,"
Skylar said, now that she knew who was there she continued with what she had been doing with the two others came into the room, which was packing up her own school bag, she hadn't been cured with painfully early classes it seemed, but she still had classes to go to, which wasn't all that weird at all, "We got paired up to dorm together, and we just stuck together," she explained simply with a small shrug and then sat down on her bed, seemingly not in a hurry quite yet. North followed suit, but sat on her own bed, and just as Cassie, got out her laptop as well as some other stuff, like her phone from her bag, since it was a while until her next class.

Skylar then addressed both Cassie and North with a question of her own, "What about you two?"

"She works at Josiah's" North explained simply. It wasn't such a shocking explanation for their friendship but Skylar still raised her eyebrows as if it was.

"Oh really? so you work at the place that, quote' 'have the best coffee in the world'?" Skylar said, her expression turning from quizzing to a slight smirk. North felt her face flush a little, as if having told your friend that your favourite coffee place served the best coffee was something to be embarrassed about, but somehow it felt like it was a compliment to Cassie. Not that that was wrong but it made her feel a little weird.

c a s s i e
Cassie raised an eyebrow as she heard that description come out of Skylar's mouth. Best coffee in the world, she said? Cassie's face also turned a slight shade of red as she mulled over that compliment. She didn't really think much of her own coffee, but North thinking that of the coffee she spent so much time making and serving to people had really made her feel some type of way. There was a goofy smile on her face, because she really couldn't help herself right now. The coffee Cassie made was on the good side, yes, but having it come from North had more value that it should have.

"Well... I don't know.. it's just coffee. I like to think we're the best in Seattle, though." Cassie smiled, before sitting back in her seat. Damn, she felt good. To think that North thought so highly of her coffee. She was blushing and she was definitely a happy camper. She didn't know what else to say, though. She couldn't top that comment. Cassie was flustered. Maybe she could just start seeing what North's roommate was like. Maybe she'd come in handy later whenever she wanted to figure things out for North.

"So what are you studying, Skylar?" Cassie asked curious, "I'm an Economics major."

n o r t h

"English, language and literature,"
Skylar said with a shrug, "I have no idea what the fuck I'll do with it later, but hey, at least it's not crunching numbers," she laughed and did a silly finger gun motion then quickly added, "No offence to economics," to make sure she didn't offend Cassie by saying it, but north had a feeling the number of people who were economics majors because they found it fun was pretty slim so Skylar probably had nothing to worry about.

"Anyways, I think I should get going, the literature won't analyze itself," she said, stood and left with a "have fun," which North replied to with a "see ya!" Then was quiet for a moment as she finished booting up her laptop and kicked off her shoes so she could get more comfortable sitting in bed.

Then she realized she didn't really know what you were supposed to do when you had someone over to your dorm to wait for heir next class, because it wasn't really like hanging out but it also wasn't like keeping each other company while studying in the library, "so uh..." she started, "When's your next class starting?"

c a s s i e
English? That sounded like something Cassie would be interested in doing. She was pretty sure North was aware of the fact that she would absolutely become an English teacher if it wasn't for the shitty pay or the stigma against the tattoos on her arms. Economics was deathly boring. Cassie considered changing her major every day she woke up, but she needed the money more than she needed the satisfaction that came with getting a job that gave her true happiness. Happiness wasn't going to pay her bills or keep a roof over her head.

An awkward silence had fallen onto the conversation as the two were doing their own thing on their laptops. Ah the wonders of modern technology. People could be mere inches from each other, but not notice that there was anyone or anything else in the room solely because of how addicting the technology was. However, North was smart enough to break everyone from the chain that reeled everyone in. Tilting her laptop screen down, she looked over at North who asked her what class she had next.

"I have... some stupid Microeconomics class at 12 PM. First of many stupid classes." Cassie rolled her eyes, before shifting the attention to North, "What about you?"

n o r t h

"engineering statics at like one so I'll be here for a while longer I guess,"
North said with a shrug, it actually made things a little easier because now Cassie would just leave when she needed to and North wouldn't have to figure out what to do when she needed to leave.

But it still left the question of how to handle the situation in the meantime. They could just sit there and mind their own bussiness, pretend like it really was like studying in the library where you didn't want to disturb people. Or North could try her best to socialize, though that was far from her strong suit.

"So uh, do you want to like do anything?" North tried, sounding a tad bit awkward, "We could watch a movie or something to kill time, unless you've got school work to do?"

c a s s i e
The idea of watching a movie had intrigued Cassie. It certainly wasn't a bad way to spend some time with North. Besides, it gave her an insight as to what to look for to make North really click. She had her tastes and everything like that, and the more she found out about her new friend, the more Cassie could do to help make her happier. Pulling up her Netflix account, she started browsing through the catalog of movies to see what North would like. She had a feeling she was a big fan of South Park, and luckily for her the South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut movie was on Netflix.

Turning her laptop around, she showed North the movie she had in store. For whatever reason, she seemed like a South Park girl to Cassie. "I'd like a movie. Better than sitting here doing nothing." Cassie chuckled, before walking over to North. "If you're down.. where do you want me to put the laptop?" The blonde asked curiously, hoping to everything that was high and mighty that North would accept and enjoy a movie together to kill some time.

n o r t h

Cassie seemed to like North's idea which made her a little happy, it also made her happy to see what movie she had chosen and she happily scooted over in bed to make room for Cassie and patted in front of her to gesture for her to put down the laptop in front of her. Skyler and she would frequently watch movies like this, it was just the most convenient way to do it when living in a small dorm room. North wasn't really one to be too close to people but as long as they weren't touching she'd probably not think much of it.

"This is like my favourite movie," North grinned, a little excited to get to watch something she enjoyed and also wondering if Cassie had chosen it because she also liked it, or because she somehow knew she liked it, which wouldn't be too far fetched, she had a t-shirt or two with the characters from the show, and a little Kenny keychain on her bag, still t could be worth asking, "do you like it too?"

c a s s i e
Seeing North's face light up had made Cassie smile. Guess she hit a spot when it came to these things. Crawling onto North's bed, she settled in next to her and got comfortable. Looking over at North and then back at her laptop, Cassie shrugged. "I'm definitely not as big of a fan as you, but from time to time I'll watch an episode or ten when I'm high." Cassie laughed, before watching the introduction of the movie. For whatever reason, being up and close to North like this had actually felt kinda good. She hadn't felt this way with someone in a long time, which was really saying something considering how Cassie felt about being intimate otherwise.

Cassie didn't know what she was feeling, but she didn't want to pay much mind to it either. Guess Cassie's intuition was really just that good. She lied back, before sighing again. "Who's your favorite character? I don't even think I have one..." Cassie remarked, chuckling. She rolled up her sleeves to make herself more comfortable, slowly sinking into North's bed and pillow as they watched the South Park gang do their thing.

n o r t h

"Craig, he's not in this movie really, but he's a lot in the later seasons,"
North started to ramble the moment she got the question, "He's the one with a blue hat with a yellow poofball on it and in the episode with all the guinea pigs when they go to Peru he shoots lasers out of his eyes. He's really funny because of how deadpan he is, and the fandom has pretty unanimously agreed that he loves space, and that's something I can relate to,"

When she stopped speaking she blushed a little because of the way she just ranted about a fucking cartoon. She loved this show, but the amount she did love it was a little silly for an adult. She looked around a little, grasping for something else to talk about and found that Cassie had rolled up her sleeves.

"I like your tattoos," she then said, because for once something seemed more interesting than her favourite TV-show, which was rare and something usually reserved for her other hobbies and interests. The art that decorated Cassie's arms were just so pretty but North rarely got a chance to see it, because usually, she was wearing sleeves over her arms, "How come you keep covering them up?"

c a s s i e
Cassie's ears perked when she heard North ask about her tattoos. She was much too distracted by watching North go on about South Park. As ridiculous as South Park was, it was still nice that she was passionate about something. Passion was hot, no matter where it was directed. Looking down at the silly things, she blushed a bit. Cassie had rarely been asked about the art on her arms before. The blonde figured she could attribute that to the fact that she barely showed them off. She didn't know how to react to the fact that North was actually somewhat fond of her tattoos. It was making her feel some type of way. "Oh... well it's Seattle. It's always cold and rainy here so I always wear long sleeves." Despite Cassie being a native of Seattle, she still had difficulty adjusting to the climate.

"I can show them off to you. It's kinda warm in here, anyway." Cassie pulled her arms into her little crewneck, before pulling her head underneath and stripping off her crewneck. Putting it down, Cassie revealed that she was wearing a black tank-top underneath. Now her ink was truly on display. She spent quite the pretty penny to make sure she got the best job she could get. She figured that she'd at least let North see what was all the rage. "Do you really like them? I like them." Cassie scratched her chin, "I want to get more... but I don't know what I'd get." She shrugged, before looking over at North. "What about you? Do you have any ink?"

n o r t h

"I like them a lot, they're really pretty,"
North confirmed and for a moment she reached out to one of Cassie's arms, casually forgetting to ask permission and turned it gently in her hand so she could inspect the tattoo more closely before letting it go, "I've got one but it's really not much compared to yours."

North rolled up her own sleeve to show off the very minimalistic take on the solar system she had on one of her arms. It was her first and so far only tattoo, but she loved it a whole lot, it reminded her of something she loved and it also looked really cool, "I dunno I'm really into the whole minimalistic thing when it comes to tattoos, but mostly because I'm paranoid they'd do something wrong or it won't turn out like I imagined it? Just like lines and don't feel as hard to mess up. But I really like the kind of stuff you've got, I don't know if I could pull it off but it really suits you, you know?"