Cascade Falls

Should this be 18+?

• No, I'd be comfortable writing with teen members.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, I'd prefer to write with adults only.

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

neptune

a god among men
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Look for groups
  2. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. No Preferences
Genres
Slice of Life, Horror, Fandoms, Superheroes, Crime, Drama, Grit, Supernatural, Light Sci-Fi, Modern Era, Dark Themes
tumblr_m1gvuesASW1r9y560.gif

Welcome to Cascade Falls
The Town That Time Forgot
tumblr_static_9ekh9fqr228so4ssowk8ocwo8.gif
Every time you ask, someone always tells you that it's just a town. Whether it's said with a convincingly happy smile, or a defeated look of submission, the answer remains the same. But there's something not right about Cascade Falls and you felt it the minute that you woke up in the hospital with that pretty nurse standing over you. She said so many things—you'd been in a car accident, your personal property had been destroyed in the wreck, your family had been informed and they're glad that you pulled through after such extensive head trauma.

Was any of it true?
Why can't you leave?
Did that accident kill you?
What is this place?

On the outside, Cascade Falls looks like any other town. Main Street is decorated with quaint shops and entertainment spots, places to grab a drink, or have dinner, or gather with friends and neighbors for a game of horseshoes. The streets are lined with white picket fences and lush, green lawns that sit beneath newly constructed Victorian houses that are painted every happy color imaginable. At first glance, it's difficult to see how or why anyone would ever complain when life in Cascade Falls feels like a second chance, an opportunity to get it right when things in your life were so imperfect before.

Sometimes, you catch yourself forgetting that this new life is a prison. The rules of Cascade Falls are an ominous reminder of the truth, and they're posted inside of every shop on Main Street.

Official Notice

DO NOT TRY TO LEAVE
DO NOT DISCUSS THE PAST
DO NOT DISCUSS YOUR LIFE BEFORE
ALWAYS ANSWER THE PHONE WHEN IT RINGS

BE HAPPY AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE IN CASCADE FALLS

The rules, however, don't make you half as nervous as the electrified, razor wire fence that encases the perimeter of the town, or the cameras and microphones that outnumber the residents. They're discreetly planted in every home, strung along every sidewalk; someone always watching, always listening, never a moment of peace or privacy.

Maybe one day you'll get used to not knowing. Maybe you'll forget about your family out there, somewhere and maybe they've forgotten about you too. Some days, acceptance feels easier than the misery of wondering, of wanting to escape. You could have a wonderful life here, so why do you keep trying to fight it?

tumblr_static_9ekh9fqr228so4ssowk8ocwo8.gif

ABOUT
In case you haven't guessed, this RP is (heavily) inspired by Wayward Pines. I would have just called it Wayward Pines, but I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the books/TV series and I didn't want to alienate anyone. We're more or less just using the world for this, and I plan to alter things here and there, but the basic premise of finding out the truth will (probably) stay the same.

I'm open to any and all suggestions for the plot of this RP because after all, this is only an interest check! I'm also looking for an experienced co-GM. I've never run a group before, and I'm not all that sure what I'm doing, so a friend to help keep things on track would make me feel better about everything. If you feel like you could help me out, shoot me a PM!

Seeking:
  • Active and committed players
    • Manage your time wisely. A post every couple of days works just fine, but please don't sign up if you can't devote your attention to the group a few times a week.
  • Adept+ Writers
    • For the most part, this is going to be a very character driven RP that focuses on interaction and emotion. I expect detailed posts and multi-paragraph responses.
  • Players who are comfortable writing in a world that may include tense situations, graphic violence, social commentary and gore.
    • As an extra, this has nothing to do with anime. The premise may be a little out there, but the world is grounded in reality.
  • Fun, friendly and creative people who are interested in the plot itself, and enjoy light sci-fi and horror elements combined with a little slice of life.

Last edited:
I'm interested, but I'm also considered a teen writer. If that won't be a problem then you can count me in.

I'm happy to have you! Others might not feel as comfortable, which is why I put the poll up.

I'm tentatively interested. I don't know anything about the books or television series but I am looking to get into a group RP and this one seems interesting. In saying it is Character driven, does that mean it will not have an over-arching plot? My preference would be that it would.

You don't have to know anything about the books or the show! I'll pretty much explain everything of importance about the world in the OOC and give extra details about how the mics/cameras work and the horror elements will be introduced naturally. As for the plot, I think the main goal will be to find out the truth about the town, why everyone is trapped there, what the purpose was and also find a way to organize and get out of the town. As for anything else, this is just an interest check, so I'm very open to suggestions and willing to hear ideas that could work with the world itself.

• Thank You
Reactions: Adelaide
I've just found that character driven RPs without a clear over-arching plot seem to sort of fade after a time, which is why I asked. I'll watch for the OOC with eagerness.

Reactions: neptune
It's no problem c: I'm glad you're still interested.

I am still looking for a co-GM, so if you'd like to take a look at the bigger plot and the twist from that side of things, just let me know. If not, then I'll probably wait for one more person and get the OOC up for everyone.

I have GMed many times elsewhere (a few even came to an actual conclusion) but I am not sure I'll have the time (work and school in the fall). However I'm not opposed to the idea if it would help. Why don't we see if someone else steps forward for the position who might have a better grasp of the setting and hold me in reserve? I'm really craving the dynamics of a group RP, I'm mostly in 1x1's just now.

Sounds good to me c: I'll be sure to let you know what's going on either way.

• Thank You
One little bump before I go to sleep c:

I'm still looking for players and a co-GM before I start on the OOC tomorrow/this weekend!

I know you don't want to reveal to much before the OOC, but could you give us another hook, a lure to bring people in? Something to tantalize us?

Is anyone out there tantalized by the whole town coming together for ritualistic murder as both entertainment and punishment? Because, there's going to be some of that. Also, if you like grotesque and deadly creatures, stick around for that too.

I'm about a quarter done with the OOC.

• Thank You
Also, depending on your character's age and the job you pick, you may find yourself with some extra information.

-sends out some tantalizing vibes-

This looks like something I'd be interested in, if it gets off the ground some. I'll admit though, I'd be interested in easily incorporating adult themes (and not simply sexual, I mean).

Status
Not open for further replies.