Cascade Falls [REBOOT/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I'm aiming to have the IC up tonight, so if you want to figure out some preexisting relationships between your characters or anything, feel free c: Casey is way more openly friendly than Eric, but don't be shy in approaching me (or anyone else) for something! This isn't going to be like last time where all of the characters stood around for months, haha.

I'm open for discussing Preexisting relationships with other characters if anyone wants to! i'm sure it'll help getting this started easier. If anyone wants to shoot ideas back and forth feel free or to PM if you feel awkward doing it in OOC! ^.^ Avery is just a friendly, if not slightly troll-ish at time southern gentlemen, who has slight hold my beer moments. (Ie, times he does stupid stuff for fun and ends up getting himself hurt or breaks something. Trust me there is not a redneck who says those words and something doesn't go wrong.) And Lex is a shy, nervous, socially awkward lady with an overly high intelligence. She's probably a bit harder to get to know then Avery would be, but she does like people in her own socially backward way, and she never does forget a patient. So yeah love to discuss preexisting relationships if anyone wants to. ^.^

I am also open to relationships!
Amy is an outgoing, witty woman who makes a point to know the names of everyone that comes into her coffee shop. Most people don't know that she's an expert and rather manipulative liar. Those that do probably keep quiet about it, as she hasn't caused much trouble with it (yet).
Lilith, on the other hand, is an amnesiac who knows absolutely nothing about her past. Thus, talking about her past is never really a problem. She's introverted and stubborn, but she isn't unkind. She's open to a few close friends, obviously older since she's the youngest character here (from what I remember). A mentor-type of relationship would also be possible, as she isn't terribly close to her adopted mother (Amy).

How quickly do you plan for the IC to move?
Faster than it did the last time. Ideally, I'd like a post from someone new every day or every other day and since there's like nine or ten of us, I think that's pretty possible. Events and scenes will no longer go on aimlessly for months at a time and I'm not going to wait for people to post longer than a week. So, to really answer your question, I'd say a steady pace. No one will be rushed, but if someone falls behind, it's their job to catch up.

I'm also open for relationships.

Cindy is mostly cheerful and would like to talk with everyone she interacts, however she also has a serious side which can be revealed in tense or dangerous situations. She is also clumsy and sarcastic and makes herself stressed when she has a lot of work to do at the hospital sometimes, she knows a lot about law but keeps it to herself.

I think I'm going to have to pull up everyone's character sheets and figure out possible relationship ideas.

@kimsim12 - what do you think about Lilith being an assistant at the pharmacy (after school position, of course)

I am also open to relationships!
Amy is an outgoing, witty woman who makes a point to know the names of everyone that comes into her coffee shop. Most people don't know that she's an expert and rather manipulative liar. Those that do probably keep quiet about it, as she hasn't caused much trouble with it (yet).
Lilith, on the other hand, is an amnesiac who knows absolutely nothing about her past. Thus, talking about her past is never really a problem. She's introverted and stubborn, but she isn't unkind. She's open to a few close friends, obviously older since she's the youngest character here (from what I remember). A mentor-type of relationship would also be possible, as she isn't terribly close to her adopted mother (Amy).
Casey and Amy are probably friendly since they work together c: And she probably knows everyone else by their morning coffee order, but she's in the bar with Riley a lot as well.

I think Kiera and Lex should have some sort of professional relationship (at the very least).
I like that! It would make sense after all her being a doctor and Kiera being a pharmacist. =D Also oddly enough they actually have a hobby in common. Lex actually grows a few herbs that she could find seeds and medical uses in books she found in the herbology books that the Library likely has. I think I told someone at one point that if she found the seeds and grew it she would make Cannabis tea (weed tea) It has a lot of benefit. Though I doubt she's ask skilled at Kiera at knowing anywhere near as many as her, let alone all the proper uses. She's just a paranoid little dork who likes to be prepared for the worst.

@neptune Are you still okay with Lex and Casey still having that friendship?

She is also clumsy and sarcastic and makes herself stressed when she has a lot of work to do at the hospital sometimes, she knows a lot about law but keeps it to herself.
OH! Then maybe her and Lex know each other from work then since if they don't meet up on the same shifts at least, then Lex is a injury vulture, she hates being board so she's usually on top of what every injury that comes in. (if she was bolder I swear she would body check someone to get to an injury first. XD)

Oh! Well I know for sure right now that Lex and Avery are going to be frequent customers. Avery's inability to cook a decent meal goes right down to being completely unable to make coffee to save his life. XD And Lex would pop in pretty often for her mandatory caffeine rush and sweet tooth. Also to see Casey.

Goodness Avery is hard to connect his form of work is he's a toymaker and owner of the Toy shop.

Reactions: QueenOfHearts
Okay, this is what I'm working on:

MC - Kiera is an organizer and planner, and tries to make the community a nice place to live. She's flirtatious and outgoing, but those characters who've been around long enough probably know that she's called and reported a neighbor or two - I'm sure the Sheriff and (maybe) his secretary would definitely know this. She goes out of her way to help new folk transition (probably within the last 2 years), though, when she first arrived she had her streak of rebellious activity, attempted suicide, and withdrawals. She's a regular at the bar, and it isn't uncommon to see her leave with someone at the end of the night.

Proposed relationships (just suggestions)-
@Fallen Child - Kiera would've tried to make Cindy's transition a little easier, and would constantly focus on all the great things Cascade Falls has. She'd have been supportive of Cindy's desire to become a nurse, if she learned of it. - I'm definitely interested in talking more if you are.

@QueenOfHearts - Kiera would shamelessly flirt with Avery, especially if it seemed to have some sort of effect. Would probably be interested in how he makes the toys and carpentry.
I like the whole cannabis tea idea, and Kiera would likely pick Lexi's mind about holistic treatments and herbal remedies, or at least have conversations about it. Depending on their relationship/friendship, I could see Kiera sharing the greenhouse with the good doctor; after all, most of what's in there is to improve the health and well-being of the people of the community.

@Jackalope - if you're comfortable with it, how do you feel about Kiera flirting with Sammy and being clueless that he's not interested? Reading his CS that's the first thing that pops out at me. She'd likely also pick his brain about how best she could fix something she's pulled apart (like her car).

@of Dirt - open to suggestions for anything with Sakamae
Regular at Riley's bar, openly flirts with him, has probably asked him to walk her home a few times.

@Stuffies12 - Kiera would've been someone who welcomed Kenneth to the community and tried to help him transition. She'd also be a regular at the library and would rent "How to" books.

@neptune - I figure Eric would likely know Kiera better than most, for better-or-worse. By this time, I would hope they'd have an understanding. She wouldn't call him Sheriff, not because she doesn't respect him, but because she figures he's more than just the position he holds - unless, of course, he's drawn a line.
For Casey, it's the same old welcoming committee thing and then the whole bar thing, and whatever else.

@ everyone else - I'm more than happy to work out preexisting relationships with your characters. I just didn't have anything to suggest at the moment. :(

@neptune - I figure Eric would likely know Kiera better than most, for better-or-worse. By this time, I would hope they'd have an understanding. She wouldn't call him Sheriff, not because she doesn't respect him, but because she figures he's more than just the position he holds - unless, of course, he's drawn a line.
For Casey, it's the same old welcoming committee thing and then the whole bar thing, and whatever else.
I love that. I think he would really appreciate someone seeing him as a person and not just the guy who cuts throats on a bi-annual basis, lol.

OH! Then maybe her and Lex know each other from work then since if they don't meet up on the same shifts at least, then Lex is a injury vulture, she hates being board so she's usually on top of what every injury that comes in. (if she was bolder I swear she would body check someone to get to an injury first. XD)
Yeah maybe they can, I got a feeling Cindy would help Lex around if she doesn't have anything important to do, and the fact that she has someone to talk to other then random patients she's dealing with.

To Calliope: Kiera would be an ok friend to Cindy, however she wont like her trying to make her focus on the great things Cascade Falls has, but she would be fine with Kiera being supportive to her, she might even be supportive back!
Kiera would've tried to make Cindy's transition a little easier, and would constantly focus on all the great things Cascade Falls has. She'd have been supportive of Cindy's desire to become a nurse, if she learned of it. - I'm definitely interested in talking more if you are.

I think I'm going to have to pull up everyone's character sheets and figure out possible relationship ideas.

@kimsim12 - what do you think about Lilith being an assistant at the pharmacy (after school position, of course)
That sounds great! Let's go with that!

Ooooh taking a note out of the Seeking Calliope's book. Here's a few ideas that are more then welcomed to be vetoed, changed or built on! (I love making connections with characters to be honest.)

My boy and gal- Avery likes to agitate people that he considers his friends, or that they are on friendly enough terms. He is that guy you can linearly come pounding on his door at 5am cause your sink is making weird noises or your having an issue and he will help you the best he can and crack really bad or punny jokes. And heaven help us if he has nothing to do, if you know him well enough just check everything he will mess with you someway, somehow. He likes his jokes/pranks. That mother hen/nurturing part of him can be very easily taken advantage of if anyone had the mind too. He likes to help people fix things if they need it fix. Just don't trust him too much with electrical things. you have been warned. Or cars, the guy is no good with cars/combustion engines. Though keep in mind he might be your friend pretty easy, but if he's actually attached...um, just be careful his over-protectiveness is a double edge sword and his past has some instances where bad things happen to people who messes with someone he likes.

Lex is probably the hardest to get to know since she does have a bit of sharp tongue at times and is socially inapt at times but she does try, and she will listen. She's really awkward about having friends, she's a little home schooler back in the day she's never a 100% sure what to do, but she will try to be a good one, if not a blundering one. Though she is a big scaredy cat, it's easy to frighten her/ make her shriek and hide behind something (Avery's favorite pastime. He says he's trying to help her toughen up, but I'm pretty sure he does it just cause he thinks it's funny.) Though she's a doctor through and through so she is quick to want to respond to injuries or people asking for medical help even if her nerves or shot for half the time. (Though if you work under Norma wouldn't your nerves be a little shot too?)

Kiera would shamelessly flirt with Avery, especially if it seemed to have some sort of effect. Would probably be interested in how he makes the toys and carpentry.
I like the whole cannabis tea idea, and Kiera would likely pick Lexi's mind about holistic treatments and herbal remedies, or at least have conversations about it. Depending on their relationship/friendship, I could see Kiera sharing the greenhouse with the good doctor; after all, most of what's in there is to improve the health and well-being of the people of the community.
Heh, it takes a LOT to make Avery to blush honestly. XD He's the sort to use pet names with people, Especially if he knows it agitates them or makes them flustered. (cause you know in Cascade Falls you need to find ways to entertain yourself.) Though he is a touch of a flirt himself so he'd be sure to turn simple flirt into a bantering back and forth. He's a big ball of southern charm pretty much. Oh he's happy to talk about how he makes the toys let alone show how. Though be careful if she makes friends with him he might try to drag her in on ways to surprise/scare Lex.

Thank you! I just thought it would be amusing and she's very admit about peoples health. (she at least keeps true to her oath that way.) I can see that for sure Lex likes learning new things and discussing ideas she already knows. Oh that would be nice, she'd sure enjoy it, she has way too many pots hanging in her kitchen as it is to grow what she knows and what she tries to cook with. Also she'd be interested in improving other's health it's part of the reason she offers her special tea to others. Especially anyone who drinks as often as she does. It's good for anxiety, chronic pain, nausea and I think I found somewhere that it's rally good for kidneys. though it's possible to drink too much or make it too strong to get high. Like I think I discussed with the dear Neptune before that when ever she has friends over she's sure to make it for them, at probably at least once accidentally getting everyone involved high and having Oopsie moments.

@Stuffies12 I can see Lex visiting the library pretty often herself, she often needs a book to hide in her bag when this is jack to do at the hospital and goes through a few a week on nights she can't sleep. Though she's rather quite, but I can for sure see her first happy memory is ducking in there one day and finding her favorite book from before she ended up in Cascade Falls.

Yeah maybe they can, I got a feeling Cindy would help Lex around if she doesn't have anything important to do, and the fact that she has someone to talk to other then random patients she's dealing with
She would for sure be a lot less scary option for Lex to work with at times. Yup Lex might not be a social butterfly but she's sure to respond if you speak to her or if she has something to discuss. Let alone someone she might duck around when Norma is around.

@of Dirt : I can see both Avery and Lex being pretty frequent visitors of the bar. Avery is that guy who does not feel like it's a complete day until he's had a beer. And Lex well, she drinks to calm her nerves and she'd pop in with Casey pretty often.

@Wonderful Thing : I can see Avery knowing your girl (if you want) If she's ever picked up some educational toys/tools or asked him to make any for her class. Not sure if she would have met Lex if she's never needed to see a doc or had an accident after her arrival.

@neptune : Awesome sauce! If there is anything we need to elaborate on you know i'm always happy to discuss on here or IM. Sine I think we've discussed Avery's distrustful thing toward Eric. ^.^

@AnyoneImissed: I'm always happy to chip out some ideas, and I'm sorry if I had a ditz moment and missed you. I'm pretty bad at that sometimes.

@Seeking Calliope - :] Its perfectly fine with me. Sammerstam is a naturally friendly individual, can't help himself, so he'd be more than willing to have his brain picked and assist as best he can. That being said, if she's particularly obvious about the flirting he would probably try to let her down as easily as he can. Of course...he's pretty oblivious himself about these such things so he might just keep smiling, baffled.

Following the suite peeps seem to be taking...
Sammy is a fairly recent re-arrival to Cascade Falls, so he's a bit of an odd card on the streets. He's sharp-witted and has become suspicious, but he hides it under a lop-sided smile and a very easy nature. Sammy has some pretty severe ptsd after his little...journey...and he won't like to talk about it very much. Don't be surprised to see this guy jump at things or take up a random object as a weapon when startled. He's friendly, almost obnoxiously so, but he plays his cards much closer to the vest these days and there's a level of mistrust to him. Again, Sammy hasn't been back very long, so he won't have anyone who knows him very well. :] That being said, I'm certainly open to the beginnings of relationships and some tentative friendships. ;]
By his nature, Sammy will be most often found around the library, the coffee shop, and the parks. He likes places he can be quiet and see all the exits--he won't put his back to an open door and will get progressively more uncomfortable around someone who makes him.

@QueenOfHearts - Sammy's gonna have been in town for a bit this go-round, but I'd kinda like to stick with the idea that Avery was one of the first peeps to say howdy-doody. Sammy needs a buddy to tail around and to help him acclimate, and I think he's gonna be a bit like a duckling and imprint on the first friendly face he sees. That alright with you?

@Dirt - Same for you, buddy. >D We didn't get to the talking, but I think that Sammy would be a familiar-ish face at the bar, albeit he'd probably poke in more in the day time than the night (except when he's having a rough time sleeping). I was thinkin' acquaintances?

@neptune - I have a thought for you my Neptastic, but since its relevant more because of plot than personality, I'll wait and chat with you on it privately when ya have the time. ;]~<3

Sammy isn't going to be spending a lot of time seeking people out naturally--he's gonna be a bit on the "lots of people are around me" sinking in side, but if anyone in particular wants to know him or get to know him, let me know. If anybody has been in the town for more than 5 years, btw, they could have even known him before he went off on his nomadic journey, so yeh. :]

OH. On a side note, if you wanted me to resize anything PLEASE pm me. I have a horrible memory so its best if you just pm me the image you want resized and we can chat about it that way. ;]

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what? :D The cast list is up! I suck at BBCode, so you have three rows of tabs! I cropped and sized all of the pictures and tried to make everything look neat. Shattered, I linked back to your CS so people could see the extra info you included. If you want to send me the raw code, I'd be happy to swap everything in. On top of that, I got a player count up and crossed out the taken jobs.

With that said, I'm going to do some stuff around the house and then get started on the first IC post c:

Sammy's gonna have been in town for a bit this go-round, but I'd kinda like to stick with the idea that Avery was one of the first peeps to say howdy-doody. Sammy needs a buddy to tail around and to help him acclimate, and I think he's gonna be a bit like a duckling and imprint on the first friendly face he sees. That alright with you?
I'm fine with that! Avery is a very friendly guy so I'm sure he is going to say as hi as soon as possible, also I'm fine with Avery having a over sized puppy follwoing him around, he likes looking after others after all.

Yeeee! I love how it looks neptune! I'm excited for this to start~ -bounces around-

• Love
Reactions: neptune
Status
Not open for further replies.