Cascade Falls [REBOOT/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
She's a creep and I'm here for it. Looking forward to your second character!
Haha, thank you! I changed her face claim, by the way, if that's alright. :)

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:
Lilith Keller
Physical Extras:
5'6", 130 lbs
Sexuality:
Bisexual
Three Good Traits:
  • Quiet: She tends to keep to herself and doesn't cause trouble when it's not necessary.
  • Intelligent: She has a very intelligent and calculating mind that prefers logic over creativity.
  • Strong-willed: She has her own opinions, and she sticks by them. She's not often afraid to tell people how she feels.
Three Flaws:
  • Hermit-like: She doesn't have many friends, and she doesn't really bother to gain any. She prefers her own company over anyone else's, though it's not like she can avoid talking to people when they address her.
  • Overly Logical: Creativity definitely is not her strong suit.
  • Stubborn: Like two sides of a coin, there is a pro and a con to having a strong will. Much like her adopted mother, she can be rather hard-headed and unwilling to compromise.

BEFORE
Place of Residence:
Chicago, Illinois
Marital Status:
Single
Family/Children:
  • Father: Jacob Garrison, 39, status unknown
  • Mother: Rachel Garrison, 38, status unknown
  • Brother: Timothy Garrison, 14, status unknown
Student
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?:
Barack Obama

NOW
Marital Status:
Single
Student
Family/Children:
  • Amy Keller, 32, adopted mother

OTHER INFORMATION
How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?:
3 months; has no memory of her past life whatsoever
Have you ever tried to leave?:
No
Have you ever been to the fence?:
No

IN-CHARACTER WRITING SAMPLE
Lilith Keller, then called Sara Garrison, rose early each morning. She preferred to watch the sunrise in the quiet, long before anyone else awoke. She had always been a bit of an introvert, keeping to herself with only a few close friends. Many considered her to be almost a hermit, though she certainly wasn't. She just enjoyed having the world to herself for a little while.

Sitting on her front porch, she closed her eyes and smiled, listening the soft tune of the earth. Birds chirped their morning hellos, and the wind waved its usual greeting. Everything was so...peaceful. One felt like nothing could ever harm them again when it was quiet like this, and that was exactly how she felt.

No one else in her family, especially her mother, was much of a morning person. Sara couldn't really understand it, but she supposed everyone had their preferences. In just a few minutes, breakfast of pancakes and eggs would be served. Her brother would laugh jauntily about some silly dream he had, and her father would be reading the paper like any stereotypical father would do.

But, until then, she could just be by herself, unaffected by the world. Unaffected by anything. Just...peaceful.

Last edited:
Reactions: neptune
Neptastic, if you're wanting consistency on the cs sheets and the like, I'd be happy to help with that. :]

I kinda am more inclined towards a certain amount of consistency in these things--I think it looks nicer--but I don't really check character sheets too often. If you're wanting to put them together in the cast list (as I'm guessing you do) I don't mind cropping and re-sizing any face claims that have not been so at least there there's a consistent, professional look. ;]

I'm also willing to help anyone who wants to change them for you character sheets. It isn't a difficult thing to do, and it can be easily and quickly done.

On a side note, I personally just wanna note that I really hate huge images in IC posts. :D I do read on the phone regularly, and its a huge pet peeve when one person's image is so much bigger than the others that it causes the page to stretch or disfigure inconsistently.
Do you peeps agree or disagree? Just out of curiosity. :]

Yeah I can agree they can make the page longer...And even slower on phones sometimes, I actually want to change the side of my character picture now, how do you do it since I'm not good at these kinds of edits, mainly ones related to codes?

I couldn't agree more about the picture thing. I sneak on and read posts during really boring parts in class. -is a bad student some days- It makes it really hard to act like I care about factorial Quantitative functions or another (I might have just mix 3 diffrent sort of mathematical ideas with that sentence.) and sneak read a post to mentally draft thingy-things when I have to aggressively swipe up and to the side a lot. >///> No idea why I'm so aggressive when I do it though. Was just something brought to my attention one day.

Back in the day (like my early years of RPing when I was like 14) I remember the days I'd save a pic to my compy, resize it in paint and then hae to uploaded it to photobucket to get something the right size for posts and profiles. I thought it was aggitating back then, but it's been a skill that's helped me with projects since I've been in college.

Name: Riley Tierney
Physical Extras: Standing at 5'10'' and weighing 155 lbs, Riley is toned and lean. He has dark brown hair, forest green eyes and a scruffy beard. There are a couple of small scars on his knuckles.
Sexuality: Straight

Three Good Traits:
-Likes to party: At his best, Riley knows how to have fun and will always be around if somebody is throwing a party (if he's not throwing one himself). He always tries to be entertaining on the job both for himself and everybody else.

-Passionate: When he finds a hobby that he likes, he goes above and beyond in getting the most out of it, such as his job as a bartender and his acoustic guitar playing. As a bartender, he has a deep knowledge of what drinks go good with what foods and can recommend drinks to the uninitiated based on other tastes. As a guitar player, he is flexible and can play many styles, which reflects his wide range in music taste.

-Speaks his mind: Although it sometimes gets him into trouble, it also demonstrates his unwillingness to take nonsense from people and a willingness to defend those he feels are being mistreated. He values honesty and this trait has made him somebody people feel comfortable talking to when they want an honest opinion.

Three Flaws:
-Is an asshole: A sober Riley is a rare sight and once he's had more than enough drinks in him, he becomes a hair trigger to his darkest self. Saying the wrong thing at the wrong time can make him aggressively confrontational and reveal a side of him that loves fighting and genuinely enjoys being the one in the room that everybody is wary of.

-Unbearably gloomy: Getting close to Riley means realizing that his outgoing personality and drinking is an escape from the dark thoughts that haunts his mind every day. However, suppressing it every day will occasionally lead to moments where his wounds are out in the open for whoever is there to see. His unwillingness to seek help makes it very difficult to be a close friend of his, especially combined with the above flaw.

-Seldom thinks ahead: He is very aware of his learning best by making mistakes, so he's become unafraid of making them, but it has turned into a bad habit of simply doing the bare minimum amount of thinking before doing something.

BEFORE

Place of residence: Boston, MA
Marital Status: Single (Divorced)

Family/Children:
-Ex-Wife: Cassandra Kosta, aged 24 in 2013
-Mother: Brianna Carmody aged 55 in 2013
-Father: Killian Tierney aged 54 in 2013
-Identical twin brother: Brian Tierney aged 15 at death in 2001. Prior to death, his brother had recently been experiencing violent schizophrenic episodes. A neighbor called the cops due to the noise. Brian charged a cop with a kitchen knife and was shot dead.
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: Barrack Obama

NOW

Marital Status: Single
Family Children: none

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: Two years
Have you ever tried to leave?: No
Have you ever been to the fence?: No

In-Character Writing Sample:

"We're closing up soon, so chug the rest of your beers and get movin'. I'm just kidding take your time," Riley said to three regulars at the bar as he rinsed out a glass. He turned around and grinned. "This one needs to chug though. Ordered half an hour ago and only took a few sips. C'mon guy." They all laughed, accustomed to Riley's humor and knowing that by the end of the day he was probably more than a little buzzed himself.

"Your boss lets you drink on the job?" one of the men asked.

"He hasn't complained. I think it's technically a misdemeanor though," Riley replied while tidying up around his work area. He looked at an almost empty bottle of Captain Morgan and frowned, then looked at the rest of them. "Let's kill this," he said grabbing four shot glasses and pouring the rest of the bottle.

"A misdemeanor? Jesus Riley, you know there'd be a riot if you ever got fired right?" While it wasn't the highest grossing bar in the area, it was definitely popular among the locals and Riley's excellence in making drinks and broadening their tastes kept them coming back. He was entertaining and he always made newcomers feel welcome and a part of the little community they've established over the past five years. He smiled warmly.

"If I get fired and I don't see or hear about a cop car exploding I'll be very disappointed."

"To exploding cop cars." They all clinked their glasses and drank.

Riley glanced at the camera above them and chuckled. "Am I inciting violence? Hey I don't advocate for violence, mother fucker. God damn hooligan," he said pointing at person that brought it up in the first place. The three regulars roared in laughter. "We're closed get the fuck out before I call the cops, you thugs. Fuckin' massholes." he bellowed in between chuckles and with a huge grin.

"We'll see you tomorrow, man. Hey! And don't let Cassie walk away; she's a dime. You gotta try harder for those kind of girls, you know?" Riley forced a nod and waved as they left. He sighed as soon as they left. Cassie was his wife and asked for a divorce a week ago. Information travels fast within their community, but there's always a little bit of lag. They didn't know that the papers were already signed and she had moved out. You keep waking up in the middle of the night from nightmares about your god damn brother and you refuse to talk to me about it, he remembered her saying. Like, I knew it affected you, but it seems like it's just gotten worse and worse every year. And every year you drink more and more.

I don't know. I just feel guilty. Every time he had one of his episodes, his anger was always directed at me. It was gibberish to me at the time, but the more I think about it the more I realize what a shitty brother I was and what a shitty person I am.

You didn't put a bullet in him some cop did and why are you trying to make sense out of the words of a crazy person?

A crazy person? What's the matter with you? He was my twin; we had the same genes; who are you calling a crazy person?

You're a crazy person too. You need help and if you're unwilling to get it then I'm leaving. I'm not putting up with this anymore.

Help?! What help?! Getting prescribed happy pills for the rest of my life?

Riley shook his head as he locked the bar behind him and squeezed the area between his eyes as he briskly walked home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finished Lilith's CS!

Reactions: of Dirt and neptune
Well I guess I am the minority of the bunch than. Because in my other rps I use pictures and banners and fieldboxes and hr borders in my cses and ic posts, they all seem to love it in my others rps. Even if I use my phone for ic reading... which I never do, I would not have a problem with a picture being big in it, my phone doesn't slow down. But for this I guess I won't do my usual creative and fun look in the ic. Handyman will be up friday night maybe, don't know yet.

Looks like my resize finally kicked in... seems kind of odd that it took so long. *shrugs*

I know the rule has been changed, but please let me know if that size works better, otherwise, I'll keep trying.

Well I guess I am the minority of the bunch than. Because in my other rps I use pictures and banners and fieldboxes and hr borders in my cses and ic posts, they all seem to love it in my others rps. Even if I use my phone for ic reading... which I never do, I would not have a problem with a picture being big in it, my phone doesn't slow down. But for this I guess I won't do my usual creative and fun look in the ic. Handyman will be up friday night maybe, don't know yet.
Pretty sure I never said you couldn't format your IC posts into something pretty. The 250x250 CS image was so I could make something nice with the cast list and the reason I said don't load up your CS with images is because the OOC is a lot more active than the IC. If everyone has to load a page with nine images on it for twenty posts while they're on mobile then it's going to get annoying. That's nice that your phone never slows down, but it's not the case for others. And if your second character isn't done by Saturday, he'll have to catch up whenever you get him done.

And it doesn't matter anyway because I said I'd do something different with the cast list.

Pretty sure I never said you couldn't format your IC posts into something pretty. The 250x250 CS image was so I could make something nice with the cast list and the reason I said don't load up your CS with images is because the OOC is a lot more active than the IC. If everyone has to load a page with nine images on it for twenty posts while they're on mobile then it's going to get annoying. That's nice that your phone never slows down, but it's not the case for others. And if your second character isn't done by Saturday, he'll have to catch up whenever you get him done.

And it doesn't matter anyway because I said I'd do something different with the cast list.
Oh okay well, working on him now. And cool than, my bad didn't know that.

Is this still accepting?

I will just have Charlie Frost(Handyman) up tomorrow night, and if IC is up. I will post for Cassandra and than wait until Charlie is accpeted and than post for him. Since i have work like 12pm est tomorrow gotta get off soon.

Yes c: But we're pretty close to full, I think.
Oh, well are there any characters you need in particular? Like if you'd prefer an additional male to a female, maybe? :3

Oh, well are there any characters you need in particular? Like if you'd prefer an additional male to a female, maybe? :3
I don't even know the male to female ratio off the top of my head, haha. It would be nice to have a teacher, but please play whoever you like! Your characters are totally yours c:

Reactions: Mundane Monster
I don't even know the male to female ratio off the top of my head, haha. It would be nice to have a teacher, but please play whoever you like! Your characters are totally yours c:
I actually wanted to be a teacher. Hehehehehehe....TEACH TO REBEL Just kidding...I would...Never... >.>

Reactions: QueenOfHearts
I actually wanted to be a teacher. Hehehehehehe....TEACH TO REBEL Just kidding...I would...Never... >.>
/encourages this problematic and rebellious behavior.

Name: Isadora Olivier
Physical Extras:

Sexuality: Bisexual
Three Good Traits:
Courageous
It takes guts to question the system and pursue your inquiries, and that's what Isadora has. If she ever met one, she'd stand up to a bear (and die, but hey at least she tried.)
Strategic
Isadora isn't stupid, she knows when to act and when to be a sheep. However, Isadora tends to be a lone wolf, as she doesn't want to be responsible for anyone else. She doesn't actively discourage her students, but she only hints at them to follow their hearts, and if they get her metaphors and similes, more power to them, but if they don't...Eh.
Open Minded
Isadora will try anything once, and she's never too quick to judge people, especially if they're her students.

Three Flaws:
Hard Headed
Unfortunately, Isadora never takes 'no' for an answer. Sure she might nod along and pretend to be docile, but you can bet she's just thinking of new ways to work around her obstacles.
Snide
Isadora has a tendency to deliver passive aggressive comments to those who piss her off, and if she can't get away with dissing them, she'll do little things to inconvenience them. Like dropping the door in the face of a woman holding a pie. If she hadn't criticized Isadora's teaching methods, maybe that wouldn't have happened, who knows?
Inquisitive
Curiosity is second nature to Isadora, and she finds it hard to just stop at one answer. She likes to inspect things, and look at it from all sides. She's can't be satisfied if someone just gives her the answer, she has to figure it out herself.

BEFORE
Place of Residence: Washington D.C
Marital Status: Engaged (literally about to get married actually)
Family:
Derek Mason (Ex-Fiance/44/Assumed to be Alive)

David Babineaux (Father/58/Assumed to be Alive)
Josephine Babineaux (Step Mother/53/Assumed to be Alive)

Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: George W. Bush

NOW
Marital Status: Married
Family:
Neil Olivier (Husband/37/Alive) [Neil isn't really her husband, he was her chauffeur/bodyguard. But she is unaware of this.]

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: 7 Years
Have you ever tried to leave?: Yes
Have you ever been to the fence?: Yes​

IN-CHARACTER WRITING SAMPLE
Everyone was staring at her. And they were all smiling. Ever last one of them. Just smiling, tears in their eyes, some of them had their hands clasped and were staring at her adoringly. And in the front...At the altar stood Derek. He was smiling, his eyes glittering but not with tears.

Isadora found that she couldn't stop looking at him, but not in adoration. Not with love. Not even with apprehension. She felt herself tensing and her breaths becoming shallower. Beside her, her father gripped her arm tightly, seeming to know what she was feeling but unwilling to give her what she wanted. After all, he benefited from this union even more than Derek did.

Derek Mason and Isadora Babineaux. The union of the century. The rebel daughter of the hardhearted politician marrying the up and coming business magnate. Life after marriage would be...Would be...Would--

"I can't."​

The grip on her arm became impossible tight, and she winced. "What?" Her father hissed out of the side of his mouth. He couldn't even break character for a second. He couldn't pull her aside, comfort her and ease her fears like a normal father. Just for a second. One second. What had happened to him? When did he stop giving her hugs and start treating her like an insubordinate employee?

"I can't do this. I don't want to do this." She repeated, a little louder this time. The guests closest to them turned around in confusion, unsure of what to do with the information they just received.

"Isadora." Her father growled. "Stop being a child, and keep walking." Her took a few big steps forward, pulling her along with him. She dug her heels into the ground, nearly losing her balance. "No!" Her cry of protest pierced the air like a bullet and suddenly the church was in turmoil. Her father turned on her, his face contorted into a terrifying mask of outrage and disgust. He still hadn't released her arm. His fingers were digging into her skin...

"David, please. Just give us a second. I'll talk to her." Warm hands separated her father's claws from her skin, and her step-mother led her out of the church and around back. Their walk was short and ended on a narrow gravel road where a sleek black car was waiting.

"I don't understand..." Isadora began.

Her step-mother chuckled, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "From the day I met you, I knew this wouldn't be your life. But I knew you were always too afraid of your father to act out," She shot her a knowing smile. "Well at least in public. Now this is your chance. Your father will give us about fifteen minutes to 'talk', so go with Neil, he's a good man and he'll take care of you. Go to Paris, join the peace corps, do whatever it is that feels right to you. I'll take care of your father. Come back after a few months when everything has died down."
Very nice! I have a extra info PM coming for you ASAP c:

• Thank You
Reactions: Mundane Monster
Status
Not open for further replies.