Cascade Falls [REBOOT/OOC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the heads up. We're still waiting on some other sheets anyway.

Reactions: MadKingJai™
I will have my Handy Man up tomorrow.

@Shattered♦Secrets™
My biggest complaint is how image heavy it is. If you could stick to one of Cassandra, that would be great and preferably size it down to 250x250 so it will fit on the cast list. And just an observation, not demanding a change, but I don't think Ryan Gosling passes for forty-nine. Other than the pictures, everything looks fine and I'm looking forward to your second character.

• Thank You
Reactions: Justin
@Shattered♦Secrets™
My biggest complaint is how image heavy it is. If you could stick to one of Cassandra, that would be great and preferably size it down to 250x250 so it will fit on the cast list. And just an observation, not demanding a change, but I don't think Ryan Gosling passes for forty-nine. Other than the pictures, everything looks fine and I'm looking forward to your second character.
Well he is close to forty and I will take out the other pics, just use to putting multiple picks in my cses.

Well he is close to forty and I will take out the other pics, just use to putting multiple picks in my cses.
He's thirty-five, which doesn't translate to almost fifty, imo. And I understand, it's just that some people are on mobile a lot (especially me on the weekends) and lots of images make for laggy pages.

I put it to 250 but I don't know how to put 250 in length, how do you do that part?

I think Queen answered this for someone else before:

I personally use the button at the bottom of the tool bar in the posting box. It's called insert image with options if you have the url you can plug it in and select float left or right. It's what I did for mine! ^.^ It's the sixth one in from the right.
Because I just crop and tend not to fool with the buttons, lol.

But if you can't get it then just PM me the original image and I'll size it for you.

Okay I did it.

• Thank You
Reactions: neptune

Name: Kiera Hayes

Physical Extras: The 5'8" blue-eyed, blonde-haired young woman possesses a fair complexion - golden tanned during the warmer months - and possesses a classic beauty. She usually wears her straight hair in loose curls that frame her oval-shaped face and cascade past her shoulders to the middle of her back. Though more-often-than-not covered by makeup, freckles dot the bridge of her nose and top of her cheeks. The lobes of both ears are pierced, as is the cartilage of both ears – two in the left and three in the right. While she has no visible tattoos or body-piercings, anyone who has seen Kiera swim or sunbathe at the local pool would've noticed the butterfly on her right pubic bone and the jewelry dangling at her navel – remnants of a misspent youth.

Kiera's daily attire consists of clothes that are comfortable; jeans, skirts, and blouses, and she wears the typical Pharmacist labcoat, while at work. However, when the store closes and the bar opens, Kiera slips into something more risqué.

Sexuality: Pansexual

Three Good Traits:

Caring – Kiera truly cares about the people of Cascade Falls. She does her best to help new folk adjust; organize activities for anyone to join; care for folks' spirit, body, and mind; supplement the town's mediocre pharmaceutical stock with holistic remedies; and provide something for people to gossip about – if they're talking about her, they're not talking about the past.

Friendly – Part of the role she's adopted for herself, she's genuinely happy to see people, no matter what they think of her. She greets people with a warm smile, makes time for anyone, and provides a shoulder to lean on and ear to listen – as long as they don't break the town's rules.

Driven – Kiera has never been content to rest on her laurels. She's always been the type of person to want more, to improve herself, to set and aim for the next goal. She graduated high school a year early, earned her bachelor's in less than three years, passed her PCAT (Pharmacy college admission test) the week after graduation, and earned her license the week after she graduated Pharmacy school.

Three Flaws:

Looks out for herself – She's willing to be everyone's friend, give them all she can to help them adjust and to make Cascade Falls a better place to live, but she's not about to stick her neck out for anyone. They already know everything, so there's no reason for her to go down with someone who's not smart enough to keep their mouth shut.

Former/Current Addict – Kiera was on the fast track to burn bright and die young. There wasn't much she wasn't addicted to, and that was probably the reason she woke up one day in Cascade Falls. Since that day, she's all but sobered up. It helps that the town doesn't have access to much, but if she's been able to find the seeds, she's likely tried to grow it, and the pub's taps flow smoothly.

Active Mind – Due to various medications, and her former lifestyle, Kiera's sleep schedule is erratic, if she sleeps at all. Normally she would do her best to clear her head with a walk, but she was told, early in her stay, that the town frowned upon such things. Since then, she has built a greenhouse; taught herself to play the guitar; picked up pottery, painting, and photography; learned to garden; and became an amateur mechanic and a wannabe playwright.

BEFORE

Place of Residence: San Jose, CA
Marital Status: Single
Family/Children:
Paul and Katherine Hayes – Parents
Keegan Hayes – Older Brother
Patrick Donovan – Part-time boyfriend, roommate

Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?: Obama

NOW

Marital Status: Single
Family Children:

How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?: ~2.5 years
Have you ever tried to leave?: Yes
Have you ever been to the fence?: Yes

IN-CHARACTER WRITING SAMPLE

The door closed and the scrub top fell to the wood. She stepped on the heel of her right shoe, slipped her foot out, and then repeated. A moment later, she wiggled out of her scrub bottoms and allowed them to drop next to the top, where they'd all rest until Sunday night.

Bare feet quickly tiptoed across the cold floor and found refuge upon the large area rug. It was the only piece of décor in an otherwise no-frill apartment. A number of scenic pictures were stacked on end three feet away, in the corner, next to a topless box which held a collection of miscellaneous knickknacks, eight hand-carved wooden elephants, and a number of shot glasses with emblems from various states and locations. Broken glass fragments littered the top of the box.

Kiera paused for a moment, bent at her waist and placed her palms on the rug, counted to ten, and then stood. Her lower back felt stiff. She would need to jog before she went out. She hated the IV hood, or any place where she had to stand for hours at a time. Blue eyes scanned the room, skipped over the box and ignored the portraits, and settled upon the unopened Chianti on the counter.

Without thought, the young woman moved to the kitchen and removed a dirty wine glass from the sink. She opened the wine bottle with ease, poured herself a glass, and tossed it back like cheap whiskey. A few minutes later she abandoned the façade and drank straight from the bottle. She then flopped onto her sofa, in nothing more than her underclothes, flipped on the television, and reflected upon the day.

It hadn't been particularly difficult or stressful. She'd received her hour lunch, laughed and joked with Paul and the techs, and shared several very satisfying interactions with patients. Other than the hood, she'd had a good day.

A smile played upon her lips as she tipped the bottle back, and then set it aside, over half empty.

Minutes later, running shoes hit the pavement and the door slammed close. She jogged her normal route, a four mile course that looped through the neighborhood and circled the local park where she stopped and stretched at a green metal bench, picked up molly from her guy, and then jogged home.

Once back in her apartment, she made herself a smoothie and added her secret ingredients: Lipozene, to ward off her hunger, and Adderall, to keep her going. She sipped on her concoction, stripped out of her athletic clothing, tossed the sweaty garments onto the pile, with the scrubs, checked her Facebook, answered her email, paid the bills, nailed down her plans for the night, and then showered.

Two hours later, Kiera was dressed in a tiny black dress with matching pumps and slipped through the side entrance of her favorite club. Her friends had a table and shots waiting. The music was thumping and the line out front wrapped around the side of the building. She dropped her Vitamin E before she headed to the dance floor where she spent a good portion of the rest of the evening.

Half of these pictures are sized the wrong way, so hey, let's get rid of a rule because no one pays attention to it anyway. Having a 250x250px character image is now just a suggestion. As long as your sheet isn't loaded with pictures, you can use whatever size you like. I'd prefer you all still find something small for IC posts, though because it makes posts easier to find and it looks neat.

So, if I asked you to change your picture in your sheet before, you can go ahead and revert back.

Yeah, i never knew how to turn it the right way and i never found the right size for it, so i just kept mine the way it was.

Sorry, I resized mine to 250 height, but the width was still different. The program I used wasn't going to allow me to make a rectangle a square.

That's why I say it's easier to crop and re-upload, but no harm done c: I'll think of a different way to do the cast list.

Are we still waiting on sheets from anyone? (Besides Shattered's second character and Riley) I'd like to get this started on Saturday.

Yeah, I liked your post and you sent the CS to us beforehand. If anything needed to be changed, I would have said so then, lol.

What about mine?
It's a soft yes from me. I'm still on the fence because of your grammar, but as long as you proofread, I think it will be alright.

Sorry about my Grammar, I'll try and improve in the future, but otherwise I cant wait until Saturday!

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name
Amy Keller
Physical Extras
5'9", 150 lbs (about 68 kg), pink birthmark behind her ear
Sexuality
heterosexual
Three Good Traits
  • Committed: Amy doesn't take her work lightly, and she will work until the work is done.
  • Outgoing: She knows how to talk to people and does so quite easily.
  • Witty: She can crack a good joke every now and then.
Three Flaws
  • Prideful: She's not prideful in the sense of overestimating her abilities. Rather, she refuses to give up on something or admit when she's at fault (even though she may very well know it), making her rather stubborn in an argument.
  • Secretive: Although she may be talkative, that doesn't mean she tells people much of anything, past (certainly not) or present.
  • Manipulative: Sometimes without even meaning to, Amy finds herself manipulating information out of people.

BEFORE
Place of Residence
Los Angeles, California
Marital Status
Married
Family/Children
  • Husband: John Keller, 35, status unknown
  • Daughter: Natalie Keller, 9, status unknown
  • Son: Joseph Keller, 3 (at time of death), deceased
  • Sister: Lilith Keller, 24 (at time of death), deceased
Occupation
Occupational Therapist
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?
Bill Clinton

NOW
Marital Status
Unmarried, Single
Occupation
Coffee Shop Owner
Family/Children
  • Lilith Keller, 16, adopted daughter

OTHER INFORMATION
How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?

7 years
Have you ever tried to leave?
Yes, unsuccessful
Have you ever been to the fence?
Yes

"You were such a good sister to me." Amy remarked as she stared at the lifeless body of her older sister, Lilith. Her eyes were closed in a serene matter with almost a smile upturning her lips, as if she was at peace. She glanced at the solemn crowd behind her, a few dabbing tears out of their eyes. Amy just smiled warmly, and they all stood taller. If Lilith's dear sister could smile in such a time, so could they.

They could not possibly know that their wonderful Amy had caused the death of her very own sister. The woman deserved after all, since a simple mistake had caused the death of her three-year-old son. Amy was merely returning the favor. An eye for an eye, no?

Amy left the funeral without another word, allowing herself a brief moment of grief before letting it go completely. There was no room for such pitiful feelings in her life. She still had a daughter to raise and a husband to make happy. After all, this was a time of grieving for them, and someone had to step up and keep them all together. It helped that Amy had what might be called vengeance for her son's tragic and sudden death.

The Keller family would never quite be the same again, but no one could ever know that poor Amy had become a murderer without even a drop of remorse.

Last edited:
  • Love
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name
Amy Keller
Physical Extras
5'9", 150 lbs (about 68 kg), pink birthmark behind her ear
Sexuality
heterosexual
Three Good Traits
  • Committed: Amy doesn't take her work lightly, and she will work until the work is done.
  • Outgoing: She knows how to talk to people and does so quite easily.
  • Witty: She can crack a good joke every now and then.
Three Flaws
  • Prideful: She's not prideful in the sense of overestimating her abilities. Rather, she refuses to give up on something or admit when she's at fault (even though she may very well know it), making her rather stubborn in an argument.
  • Secretive: Although she may be talkative, that doesn't mean she tells people much of anything, past (certainly not) or present.
  • Manipulative: Sometimes without even meaning to, Amy finds herself manipulating information out of people.

BEFORE
Place of Residence
Los Angeles, California
Marital Status
Married
Family/Children
  • Husband: John Keller, 35, alive
  • Daughter: Natalie Keller, 9, alive
  • Son: Joseph Keller, 3 (at time of death), deceased
  • Sister: Lilith Keller, 24 (at time of death), deceased
Occupation
Occupational Therapist
Who was president when you came to Cascade Falls?
Bill Clinton

NOW
Marital Status
Unmarried, Single
Occupation
Coffee Shop Owner
Family/Children
  • Lilith Keller, 16, alive (will post sheet later)

OTHER INFORMATION
How long have you lived in Cascade Falls?

7 years
Have you ever tried to leave?
Yes, unsuccessful
Have you ever been to the fence?
Yes

"You were such a good sister to me." Amy remarked as she stared at the lifeless body of her older sister, Lilith. Her eyes were closed in a serene matter with almost a smile upturning her lips, as if she was at peace. She glanced at the solemn crowd behind her, a few dabbing tears out of their eyes. Amy just smiled warmly, and they all stood taller. If Lilith's dear sister could smile in such a time, so could they.

They could not possibly know that their wonderful Amy had caused the death of her very own sister. The woman deserved after all, since a simple mistake had caused the death of her three-year-old son. Amy was merely returning the favor. An eye for an eye, no?

Amy left the funeral without another word, allowing herself a brief moment of grief before letting it go completely. There was no room for such pitiful feelings in her life. She still had a daughter to raise and a husband to make happy. After all, this was a time of grieving for them, and someone had to step up and keep them all together. It helped that Amy had what might be called vengeance for her son's tragic and sudden death.

The Keller family would never quite be the same again, but no one could ever know that poor Amy had become a murderer without even a drop of remorse.
She's a creep and I'm here for it. Looking forward to your second character!

Status
Not open for further replies.