3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Romance, modern, comedy, post-apocalyptic, slice of life.
I love cartoons. I love anime a lot, yes, but I'm talking about western cartoons as well! I don't care if they're for kids, if they have a good story and cute art, I'm down. I watch with my siblings and the list goes on forever... Avatar, Steven Universe, Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts, Owl House, She-Ra, you name it. (I'm also loving the amount of LGBT rep I'm seeing in these new cartoons! I wish I could've seen them as a child because they legitimately make me SO happy.)

Do you still watch cartoons? Which? Got any new one to recommend to me?

For older stuff, I enjoyed Samurai Jack a lot when I was younger (and the new season), as well as My Life as a Teenage Robot.
The superhero genre also had me hooked, that being all the Batman ones, but especially Teen Titans and Batman Beyond.
Not to mention classics like Martin Mystery and Jackie Chan Adventures, but I could go on.

If you're just looking for newer stuff, Aggretsuko was also pretty good, as was Final Space (though the writing for Final Space can be hit or miss). Disenchantment was also decent.

Seis Manos is probably my top pick from what I can remember watching. Think anime-style kung fu spaghetti western.

• Love
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
Yesss, I loved My Life as a Teenage Robot. I should definitely rewatch that. Admittedly, I've mostly only been watching newer stuff, but there are some series from my childhood that I'd like to revisit. I don't think I've ever seen Samurai Jack but I've always known about it, haha. I should check it out.

I've watched some Aggretsuko! Definitely a very charming lil show. I haven't heard many people talking about Disenchantment, but I think I've seen it on Netflix when trying to pick something to watch. Is it more adult humour?

Seis Manos also looks really cool! I'd never even heard of it. Lots of stuff to Google now, pfft.

I would say Disenchantment is similar to Futurama in that it's more adult than not adult.

I forgot to mention Seis Manos is adult, but yes, it's quite cool.

There are a couple online series you should check out. The quirky, enthralling humor of Worthikids' Bigtop Burger.

And the manic, frantic nonsense of Helluva Boss.

For anime OddTaxi is phenomenal. I'm eager to rewatch with the dub coming out soon.

when i was a wee bab i was raised on the simpsons and that's a core essential part as to why i am the way that i am today

some cartoons i've enjoyed recently include adventure and we bare bears, the latter of which is my go-to wholesome show whenever i want something wholesome to watch

The Worthikids one honestly gives me McElroy brothers vibes LMAO It seems fun, for sure. And I love the art style for Helluva Boss, it looks super charming :OOO I think I've seen a song from it before.

And ah, yes. The Simpsons... A classic. Extremely valid!

Funny you should mention that @PavellumPendulum, Worthikids has literally hired Justin McElroy to voice The King and Shopkeep in Free Apple, a video parodying old Point and Click Adventure Games.

• Haha
Reactions: PavellumPendulum
I'm always down to watch a good Disney movie. Unfortunately I don't watch any new cartoons out right now, and I'm watching anime less and less these days. But the one animated show I'm always returning to peek at is Justice League. It's really good stuff, and the adult nerd in me is pleased to pick up on the plot nuances I never understood as a dumb kid.